Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Three families face the challenges of teen pregnancy and parenthood in this series. In the premiere, 15-year-old Lexus thinks she's in labor and heads to the hospital; and 16-year-old McKayla finds prom-dress shopping nearly impossible. Meanwhile, 16-year-old Lilly's family gets to know the father of her baby, James, at his party.

Edited by Drogo
Per episode format.
  • Love 1

The recovering drug addict mom who is pregnant at the same time w/ her daughter.... (I can't recall the names and it's hard trying to describe who I'm referring to. No offense, bear with me.) So that girl's baby daddy's mom says she fears the only reason the pregnant recovering drug addict has re-emerged in daughter's life now is bc drug addict wants something. What does she thinks drug addict wants? Fame from reality tv show?

These baby daddies are sooo corny and funny looking. I can't believe they're getting laid! lol

• Love 14

My 13 year old son had seen a You Tube video promoting this show with the 31 year old grandmother to be!  He said "Does this run in the family or something?  What is WRONG with these people!?"  LOL.  But seriously.  Also, the 31 year old Grandma looked way older than 31.  What happened to her?  I thought the grandpa singing "You are my Sunshine" to his pregnant granddaughter really touching.

• Love 14

One of the boys was pretty cute, and his gf is funny looking, (the girl saw him at school and stalked him, the boy is one of SEVEN kids, they had a party at the bowling alley) I can't remember anyone's name yet either, except the gloriously named Shaeden and Lexus. The little blond girl who's being raised by her grandparents is cute as a button. But every last one of these kids is dumb as a plank, for real.

• Love 18

Thank goodness this forum exists! I cannot snark enough about this show. First we have Lexus (omg) who is 15 and pregnant by Shayden and all you haters out there who don't think a 15 and 16 year old couple can make it don't know anything LOL. Then there's mom who is only 31 and about to be a grandma. Double ugh. 

Next we have McKayla, who I actually feel really bad for. She looks a bit lost. Grandma and grandpa have tried but her POS mom, who looks like a piece of work herself, manages to eff up everything. I think it was the grandma or another family member who thinks mom tried to get pg when she found out McKayla was pg. How sick is that? Looks like mom shows her ass at next week's baby shower. But seriously, when you are 28 weeks pg, who really give a crap about going to prom? And where did she get those tattoos?? Who gave permission for that?

Last we have Lilly, whose mom said she was a teen mom also. Hmm, she looks a bit long in the tooth if that's the case, or maybe she just didn't age well.

Of course the teens  are all delusional, like their MTV counterparts and have visions of white picket fences and babies all dressed in baby gap.   Looking forward to the eventual trainwreck of baby daddies bailing and babies crying at night and everyone fighting. 

• Love 9

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/unexpected/bios/

Lexus and Shayden

McKayla and Caelan

Lilly and James

Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Last we have Lilly, whose mom said she was a teen mom also. Hmm, she looks a bit long in the tooth if that's the case, or maybe she just didn't age well.

I wondered about that as well so looked them up.  Lilly's mom is in her 40's but had her first child as a teenager.

Edited by Momof2boyz
typo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Lexus (omg) who is 15 and pregnant by Shayden and all you haters out there who don't think a 15 and 16 year old couple can make it don't know anything LOL.

I laughed/sobbed at these two. They are heartbreakingly young and stupid. That's right, honey. Shayden will get a job. What kind of employment opportunities are there in Crapville, Indiana, or whatever godforsaken place they come from? (Pax to all my fellow snarkers from Indiana.) When you are 15 and live at home, sans baby, $175 a week seems like a lot of money. Heh.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Momof2boyz said:

Also, the 31 year old Grandma looked way older than 31. 

She needs to lose the heavy fake eyelashes; they're way too much.

Initially I thought the pic in the hospital they keep using with the ads was her daughter, Lexus, but they said it was the mother. Lexus looks just like her mother.

The boys have a lot of acne going on, I noticed.

As always, the teens think it will be different & better for them... until it's not.

• Love 4

The AA young male (sorry haven't figured out names yet) is going to be gone as soon as he can...

I cant believe these girls are that clueless "Didn't know it was that easy to get pregnant"

I feel bad because they didn't learn anything from their moms

• Love 6

Never mind that! How about their poor mothers! Grandmas in their early 30's, never had normal teenage years or fun, carefree 20's because they had kids. Now they won 't even be able to enjoy their 30's or the freedom and independence they never had when they were younger, since they will surely be raising those babies for their dumb as a plank kids.  

• Love 8

I like this show! It's what 16&Pregnant/Teen Mom initially were - showing the hardships of having kids when you're so young, not giving these girls a platform for fame and fortune. 

I also liked that they are focusing on girls (AND boys) whose mothers were also teen moms. I know that teen pregnancy can happen across all races, locations, socio-economic backgrounds, etc. But having a parent that was a teen mom definitely increases your odds. Sadly, the cycle usually repeats itself. I had two friends who were teen moms, and both of their daughters went on to have babies by 18. 

At any rate, I just like seeing the dynamic between these teenagers and their super YOUNG mothers. Lexus's mom apparently thought forbidding her from her "Romeo" (gag me, what an awful comparison) would do the trick. Nah, didn't work. Shayden seems like kind of a punk, to me, but I can't figure out why. Kelsey gets a "glamma" shower (I hate that term) and Lexus pisses her off by going into labor right then and there! LOL

I think I'll like McKayla the best. I just feel badly for her. Her BF seems nice enough, and her grandparents clearly did their best with her - although they might have overindulged her. But her mom? What a mess. I'm not even talking about the drug use and giving her two kids to HER parents to raise. But now she's pregnant by kid #4??? And she clearly is only showing up for the camera. Calen and his mother both kept remarking how Shannon hasn't shown up for events like the prom ever. But now that there are cameras around? She's all up in it. She just really rubs me wrong. She almost seems like she's going to be jealous of her daughter. I like Calen's mom. She may come off as a bit bitchy, but I like that she tries to be there for McKayla. 

Lily's dad is quite a bit older than her mom. I wonder if that's her step-dad? Because Lily's mom said she was a teen mom (not with Lily, though, must have been an older sibling), so that would have meant the dude was like in his 30s sleeping with a teenager! He must be the step-dad. Anyhow, I didn't care for his blase attitude towards sex education. "It's 2017, the schools are teaching this stuff, the kids should be paying attention". And parents should be TALKING to their kids. Constantly. In as much detail as possible. I don't care how awkward it is. You TALK to your kids. All of these dumb teenagers were surprised at how "easy" it was to get pregnant, and they should not have been. Her boyfriend, James, is funny and seems like a good big brother. But his mama is a mess. She's got 7 kids and even SHE isn't sure about that number. James is one of the older ones, so she just lets him do his thing. No wonder he's out there knocking up girls. 

Looking forward to the season!

• Love 9

Tension grows between McKayla's and Caelan's mothers; Kelsey realizes teen parents-to-be aren't prepared for what's next while driving home from Lexus' false labor; Lilly and her mom are upset when James bails on birthing class.

22 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

The recovering drug addict mom who is pregnant at the same time w/ her daughter.... (I can't recall the names and it's hard trying to describe who I'm referring to. No offense, bear with me.) So that girl's baby daddy's mom says she fears the only reason the pregnant recovering drug addict has re-emerged in daughter's life now is bc drug addict wants something. What does she thinks drug addict wants? Fame from reality tv show?

Maybe not fame, but money? It might not be much, but I'm sure they all get paid for appearing. This woman will probably take anything she can get. 

21 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Thank goodness this forum exists! I cannot snark enough about this show. First we have Lexus (omg) who is 15 and pregnant by Shayden and all you haters out there who don't think a 15 and 16 year old couple can make it don't know anything LOL

They've been together since she was 12!!!! They're lifers! 

(Also, twelve year olds having serious relationships??? I was 14 when I had my first boyfriend. It lasted a month and all we did was hold hands and make out in the back of the movie theater. I can't imagine having sex as young as some of these kids!)

21 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

But seriously, when you are 28 weeks pg, who really give a crap about going to prom? And where did she get those tattoos?? Who gave permission for that?

A LOT of these kids had tattoos! It was weird. I guess their young parents all gave permission? I agree about the prom. I'd kind of be of a mind to tell my kid "no". You want to act like an adult, well here are the consequences. No prom, get a job, and start saving for them diapers!

• Love 14

I like this show so far but I was so distracted by all of the acne and tattoos on these kids that are less than 17 years old! The decision making going on in the houses by their so called parents has to be seriously lacking if they are allowed to be tatted up at 15 years old. Why would they be shocked that they are pregnant, it's obvious that they are allowed to make adult decisions at 15. I'm not a fuddy duddy and my kids have tats in places that I don't agree with but damn, one dude was damn near sleeved on both arms and the cute little Mckayla had more than one tattoo and she is only 15!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 15
15 hours ago, keetmommy said:

Did you see the one mom?  Said it was the schools fault she didn't learn about sex ed?  I hope she wasn't serious.  

Why aren't these people stopping the cycle?  If you came from a teen mom, and were a teen mom, make sure your daughter is on birth control!  None covered if they were on birth control or what happened.  

In the preview, it looks like McKayla's "mom" had a fit at McKayla's shower because no one was giving her attention.  She's a real winner.  And I'm already over baby daddy's mom's obsession of hating McKayla's mom.  

Speaking of McKayla, she's got a pretty popular YouTube channel.  She's been documenting her pregnancy.  

Looking forward to discussing another season of trainwreckisms with y'all.  

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Lily's dad is quite a bit older than her mom. I wonder if that's her step-dad? Because Lily's mom said she was a teen mom (not with Lily, though, must have been an older sibling), so that would have meant the dude was like in his 30s sleeping with a teenager! He must be the step-dad.

They did say he was the moms boyfriend I think.  They may be married, but I swore he said boyfriend.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

They've been together since she was 12!!!! They're lifers! 

(Also, twelve year olds having serious relationships??? I was 14 when I had my first boyfriend. It lasted a month and all we did was hold hands and make out in the back of the movie theater. I can't imagine having sex as young as some of these kids!)

I guess country kids grow up fast! My son had a girlfriend at 14, they'd just go to the mall and stuff. Bless his independent heart, they broke up after a few months because he thought she was getting "too clingy".  From the time he was about 16 or so I had condoms at home and made sure he knew where they were, since he knew damn well his dad and I would take an extremely dim view of any potential grandkids, an STD, or having to dive for cover when the pissed off parents of any girl he impregnated came over to kill us.

• Love 13

Right there with you @duckduckgoose. I thought the doctor must be some fundy who's anti birth control. Who does not recommend that a pregnant 15 year old get on birth control as soon as humanly possible?? 

The mother throwing up her hands and saying "what can you do?" when she found out her 13 year old daughter was having sex was classic. Classic STUPID. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

They did say he was the moms boyfriend I think.  They may be married, but I swore he said boyfriend.  

Yep, mother's fiancee. Hard to believe bc she seems like an idiot & he seems reasonable. 

On 11/14/2017 at 0:16 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

One of the boys was pretty cute, and his gf is funny looking, (the girl saw him at school and stalked him, the boy is one of SEVEN kids, they had a party at the bowling alley) 

The African American boy. Definitely the cutest of the bunch. They don't seem to be in a committed relationship?

• Love 2

I was really grossed out by how self-centered Lexus's mom & the recovering pregnant mom were. It's all about them. Why can't they have their party, why aren't they being considered, blah blah. I thought becoming a mom early would make one more mature but not them.

I'm watching this with my 13 y/o daughter. I hope it's not a mistake. She was too youngfor 16 & pregnant. I want this to serve as a deterrent....not an invitation.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I'm watching this with my 13 y/o daughter. I hope it's not a mistake. She was too youngfor 16 & pregnant. I want this to serve as a deterrent....not an invitation.

I wouldn't worry, @balisticnikki!! I bet she's a smart and perceptive young lady. I used to watch 16 and pregnant with my son when he was a teen. We both mocked and snorted with disbelief at the antics of those idiots. I once asked him as we watched yet another parade of stupid unfold "are any of the girls you know this stupid?" He just looked at me and said "um, NO" with withering scorn. You'll be fine!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right there with you @duckduckgoose. I thought the doctor must be some fundy who's anti birth control. Who does not recommend that a pregnant 15 year old get on birth control as soon as humanly possible?? 

I thought she was basically saying, "You're not supposed to have sex for 6 weeks after birth, so we'll handle that at your check-up". Maybe she thought Lexus would be more likely to come in if she needed to get on BC? I don't know. It's kind of stupid to think everyone waits that 6 weeks! But I guess it depends on what kind of BC. I was planning to do an IUD, which they wouldn't put in right after a vaginal delivery. Coulda sent her home with some condoms, though. 

11 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Yep, mother's fiancee. Hard to believe bc she seems like an idiot & he seems reasonable. 

I didn't think he seemed that reasonable. It was that dude that wondered why kids were still getting knocked up in high school since, "It's 2017, they teach sex ed in school". As it it's ALL the school's responsibility and parents don't have to worry about it. Parents should be having in depth, on going conversations with their children about every aspect of sex. Period. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, bref said:

I would like to thank Lilly and James for having normal, unpretentious names. Will their baby be so lucky? 

omg Harry Potter's parents' names!

12 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

ok, do *not* show her Teen Mom!  She'll be like "oh I can make a half a mil a year, be on the cover of mags & be Insta-famous! SIGN ME UP!!!"

• Love 10

Don't these kids have anything better to do, like extracurricular activities (besides sex), for crap's sake?  Geesh.

Besides the one grandfather, & a step dad, were there any other dad's in the picture, including for the boys? I don't recall any. But of course the girls know it'll be different for them, as it always is - not.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Don't these kids have anything better to do, like extracurricular activities (besides sex), for crap's sake?  Geesh.

LOL! I had plenty of extracurriculars but still found time to do the hibbity bibbity with my boyfriend!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I thought she was basically saying, "You're not supposed to have sex for 6 weeks after birth, so we'll handle that at your check-up".

Clearly the doctor doesn't watch talk  or reality TV. Stories about men who basically crawled into the hospital bed with their wife or gf who just delivered because they just can't wait six weeks. Hell, they can't even wait til she gets discharged. That doc should be giving BC before discharge from the hospital. 

• Love 8
On 11/15/2017 at 9:59 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I guess country kids grow up fast! My son had a girlfriend at 14, they'd just go to the mall and stuff. Bless his independent heart, they broke up after a few months because he thought she was getting "too clingy".  From the time he was about 16 or so I had condoms at home and made sure he knew where they were, since he knew damn well his dad and I would take an extremely dim view of any potential grandkids, an STD, or having to dive for cover when the pissed off parents of any girl he impregnated came over to kill us.

Oh you got one of those too? I’ve got 2 teen boys, 16 & 19 and Ive had to teach them about birth control, etc. because my ex-husband won’t do it. He’s extremely intelligent with no common sense and hates confrontation. I feel for you and sounds like you’re raising a great kid! 

20 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Clearly the doctor doesn't watch talk  or reality TV. Stories about men who basically crawled into the hospital bed with their wife or gf who just delivered because they just can't wait six weeks. Hell, they can't even wait til she gets discharged. That doc should be giving BC before discharge from the hospital. 

I remember right after having my first thinking, the worst thing that could happen to me right now is if I had to have sex. The pain, the bleeding, the everything. I was scared to death to do it after 8 weeks. I cannot imagine a few days postpartum. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I feel for you and sounds like you’re raising a great kid! 

Hee! He's 23 now, he is certainly a great young man and was a great kid from jump. He's always been risk averse so he takes safety of all kinds seriously. (He went to culinary school and works as a cook, he doesn't even have a lot of burns on his forearms that all cooks seem to have!) And he has never gotten anyone pregnant, thank all the gods in the pantheon. He doesn't even want a serious girlfriend--"really, I thought I envied all my friends who were in relationships. But then I realized I don't want a serious relationship! I just want to have fun and hang out with my friends". He has a big crew, guys and girls, who all think he's the cat's pajamas so his dance card is full at all times.

Sorry. He's so great I can't help bragging about him. Carry on!

• Love 14

I was so glad to find a forum for this show! I can already see that there will be a lot of problems with the grandma and grandpa who raised their granddaughter family. This kid is 15 and grandma spent $800 for a prom dress and purse and grandpa finds out about it after the money is spent? WTF!?!? I would have told her that parenthood was her priority now and  prom was no longer on the plate. That money could have purchased a lot of diapers, formula and other baby stuff. I get the feeling that she's been spoiled and coddled because of her shitty mother and grandma will be raising that kid. Also, who gave permission for and paid for her tattoo?

The moron that said she didn't know it was so easy to get pregnant and says like 20 times in every sentence had me yelling at the TV. I'm certain she and her twu wuv both have smart phones. Neither of them thought to google birth control during the 20 hours a day they spend glued to their phones? Gah! I was a teenager in the 70's. I didn't have any of the resources we have today and I KNEW I could get pregnant if I had sex. Even back in the dark ages we had a thing called Planned Parenthood. I hustled my ass there and got on the pill. The intentional ignorance of these kids will never cease to amaze me.

• Love 8

I think they were pulling a joke on the grandpa about the cost of the dress. I can't remember what they paid though.

Yes the ignorance is unreal. And that Lexus - "I don't think it's a bad thing." (to be pregnant at her age) Really kiddo?  Freakin' ridiculous.

I also wonder where these babies are going to go when the teen mom goes back to school as they say they will - daycare I guess?  They'll grow up unsupervised (again) & be running around getting pregnant soon enough as well.

• Love 8
Just now, gonecrackers said:

I think they were pulling a joke on the grandpa about the cost of the dress. I can't remember what they paid though.

Yes, it was a joke.  It was more like $75 or $100.  They were just trying to see if he would fall for it and then they were laughing about it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I remember right after having my first thinking, the worst thing that could happen to me right now is if I had to have sex. The pain, the bleeding, the everything. I was scared to death to do it after 8 weeks. I cannot imagine a few days postpartum. 

When I went to my 6 week checkup, I told my husband that the doc said "two more weeks", even though that wasn't true. I had an episiotomy and was scared to death of resuming sexual activities!!! 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I used to be a phlebotomist at a decently sized hospital, and I drew the blood of patients all over the hospital. I pretty much saw it all in my years there, and this absolutely does happen. Any OB with a brain would know this, or at least know that many people don't wait until the 6 week post-delivery appointment to get busy, and would jump right in when a teen has the sense to ask about immediate BC. 

So happy this show has a forum! I look forward to snarking with you all. I never watched the MTV versions, but I can't seem to resist TLC's god-awful reality shows. 

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Momof2boyz said:

Yes, it was a joke.  It was more like $75 or $100.  They were just trying to see if he would fall for it and then they were laughing about it.

To me, that's $75-100 too much with a baby on the way.  Someone should have told her that, unless she was funding prom herself, they didn't have the money for that when the financial burden for her irresponsible decision to have a child is falling on them (the grandparents).  And she said she was ending her Junior year, so why not wait until you can go to Prom NOT pregnant?  There are little to no consequences for the stupid things that these idiots do and that's part of the reason why they continue to do stupid things.  Nothing happens.  Someone is always there to fix things for them.  I thought McKayla was the least offensive and most harmless of the bunch, although she does appear a bit dim, but then to hear that she has a YouTube channel makes me suspicious that she's using this pregnancy for fame and attention and that she wants to use this show and turn it into something bigger.  I don't think these girls are any different from the Teen Mom crew.  TLC is just packaging it better.

And I too am already sick of the self-righteous bitching of McKayla's boyfriend's mother.  She can STFU.  She's sitting there as if she has any room to judge.  Her kid ain't shown himself to be all that bright and capable of making good decisions.  Yeah, McKayla's mother seems a hot mess, but who knows what she's been through.  They kept saying that McKayla's father died, but not how or the circumstances.  Maybe it was some sort of tragedy that the mom couldn't handle along with the stress of young kids.  Who knows?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Momof2boyz said:

Thank you! Now I don't think grandma is completely nuts. However, I still think if the kids wanted to go to prom, they should have had to figure out a way to fund it by themselves. The boyfriend's mother said these kids had gone to four formal dances together already. If they make it to their Senior year of high school, they can hire a babysitter and go to that prom.

I think all of these girls are going to flip when they actually see how much diapers, formula and everything else cost. I'm pretty sure none of them have considered anything like that. They weren't capable of figuring out that screwing their boyfriends would lead to a baby so, I don't have much hope that any of them have a clue about the expense involved. 

• Love 12

I’m trying my best not to judge all six teens involved, but it’s real damn hard. I really do think the type of home and environment you grow up in matters a ton. Raised by one parent who works all the time and doesn’t really have time to supervise you? Being raised by a parent who is a child herself? Having parents who refuse to talk about sex? Running with a crowd where teen pregnancy is normal? Never taught any material level of self discipline let alone sex discipline? They all seem to up your risk factors.  So many of these kids just seem so slow, though. :(

I also watched TLC on demand which chronicles each girl’s story in a 9 minute vignette. While planning her baby shower, Lilly laments that everyone thinks shes a slut because she kept her baby. Not so fast.  No one think shes a slut for carrying her baby to term. And I doubt most people would call her a slut for having sex with her teen boyfriend. What makes Lilly’s actions concerning is that she was having consistent, unprotected sex with someone she had just started dating. Hell, I know many married women in their 30s who have unprotected sex for the first time when they are tying to conceive. 

Also, am I the only one who side eyes a baby shower for a teen mom? I was always taught that showers were for the Mom. A community gathers to support the woman and welcome her to the Mom club. That’s why you generally get one with your first child. I don’t get the “celebrate the life of all my kids by showering me with multiple showers for each baby” mentality.  So I don’t really get giving a teen a shower. I also don’t blame the parents of Lilly’s friends who don’t want their daughter attending. I wouldn’t want my daughter attending that event either.  Years ago, a soon to be grandma on 16&Pregmant remarked to her daughter that there would be no shower as “this [you becoming a mom yiung] was not something to be celebrated.”

Edited by felicity porter
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, felicity porter said:

Also, am I the only one who side eyes a baby shower for a teen mom? I was always taught that showers were for the Mom. A community gathers to support the woman and welcome her to the Mom club. That’s why you generally get one with your first child. I don’t get the “celebrate the life of all my kids by showering me with multiple showers for each baby” mentality.  So I don’t really get giving a teen a shower. I also don’t blame the parents of Lilly’s friends who don’t want their daughter attending. I wouldn’t want my daughter attending that event either.  Years ago, a soon to be grandma on 16&Pregmant remarked to her daughter that there would be no shower as “this [you becoming a mom yiung] was not something to be celebrated.”

I agree the shower is like a reward in a sense; it is a party. Also, I wouldn't send my kid to a teen shower either; to me that would definitely be sending the wrong message. I can also understand the teen mom feeling badly about this but it's just what goes along with their actions.

7 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I think all of these girls are going to flip when they actually see how much diapers, formula and everything else cost. I'm pretty sure none of them have considered anything like that. They weren't capable of figuring out that screwing their boyfriends would lead to a baby so, I don't have much hope that any of them have a clue about the expense involved. 

Most likely the moms & families are going to be covering the costs, along with the prom dresses for the following year.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree the shower is like a reward in a sense; it is a party. Also, I wouldn't send my kid to a teen shower either; to me that would definitely be sending the wrong message. I can also understand the teen mom feeling badly about this but it's just what goes along with their actions.

Most likely the moms & families are going to be covering the costs, along with the prom dresses for the following year.

They will likely go on welfare. That's what welfare is for, I guess. And the boys should have to get a part-time job. I wouldn't begrudge a teen mom a baby shower bc that's how she will get supplies she needs for the baby. But it wouldn't be a catered affair or anything...no frills, I might agree to senior prom...but hells to the nall will she be attending multiple random dances while pregnant/a teen mom.

\

Just curious but do most pregnant teens stay slim during their pregnancies. I was 31 and 34 when I got pregnant w/ my two and I gained 75 and 90 lbs!!! I have never seen a teen get huge, And their bodies always seem to bounce back perfectly and fast!

• Love 4

I was 17 and 19 when I had my kids, I gained 24 and 28 pounds respectively and my kids were 8lbs 10 ounces and 8lbs 3 ounces. I wore my pre pregnancy jeans home from the hospital.  I've always been naturally thin though, I'm 52 now and only weigh 100lbs.  I don't know if mine was genetics or age. My daughter was 24 when she had her daughter, she gained a lot of weight and still has a weight issue 9 years later and she was thin when she got pregnant. 

All that rambling to say, it's 3am, I have insomnia and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. 

I did feel bad for Shaydon (?) with that acne of his. It's all I could look at when the poor guy was on the screen. 

I'll give the show a chance. I'm waiting to see which guy will bail first. 

• Love 12

Honestly, I wouldn't be having baby showers or prom or ANY of that for these girls. If we keep acting like Teen Pregnancy ain't no big deal, "you can just carry on with life as usual", more kids are going to succumb to it. Make it HARD. Make it a sacrifice. Make them lose all that teenage shit. Do SOMETHING to deter the other kids from doing the same thing. Good God. 

• Love 17
On 11/14/2017 at 10:54 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh please oh please oh please don't let me be the only one watching. A boy named Shaeden!! A girl named Lexus! a 31 year old grandma! Clueless all the way down. I am going to love every damn snarky minute.

Nope your not alone!

On 11/14/2017 at 11:09 AM, balisticnikki said:

These baby daddies are sooo corny and funny looking. I can't believe they're getting laid! lol

Absentee mom knows if their nuts enough they get paid!  Think Janelle's mother Barbara and Farrah's kooky Cook mom!

On 11/14/2017 at 6:00 PM, keetmommy said:

The AA young male (sorry haven't figured out names yet) is going to be gone as soon as he can...

I cant believe these girls are that clueless "Didn't know it was that easy to get pregnant"

I kind of thought the AA boy seemed the best!  He seems to have strong family ties.

On 11/15/2017 at 9:17 PM, balisticnikki said:

I was really grossed out by how self-centered Lexus's mom & the recovering pregnant mom were. It's all about them. Why can't they have their party, why aren't they being considered, blah blah. I thought becoming a mom early would make one more mature but not them.

I watched teen Mom with my daughter.  She seemed to learn quite about what she didn't want!

BTW my Woman's Empower daughter just told me something is going through health care and either now or soon health insurance will no longer be paying for birth control!  WTH came up with doing that!!!

• Love 2
On 11/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, ghoulina said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be having baby showers or prom or ANY of that for these girls. If we keep acting like Teen Pregnancy ain't no big deal, "you can just carry on with life as usual", more kids are going to succumb to it. Make it HARD. Make it a sacrifice. Make them lose all that teenage shit. Do SOMETHING to deter the other kids from doing the same thing. Good God. 

I agree - why do teens think their lives will go on "as usual" when a 30 year old woman knows how much life will change?  Oh yes.....that whole frontal cortex thing.

James:  "we started foolin' around....never really thought we would get pregnant....I dunno."  Yikes.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:10 PM, duckduckgoose said:

After one episode, I'm already loving hating this show. First, Lexus's mother infuriated me when she was fully aware that her daughter had sex for the first time with Shayden at age 13 (!!!), she thought solving the problem was to forbid them from ever seeing each other again. Yeah, that works... not. Ever hear of long-term birth control once your kid is sexually active, lady??

Sheyden.  Yikes.  Lady, you were pregnant at 16 and it never occurred to you to Depo Shot your daughter?  I had my first child at 32 and she is a gramma?  

On 11/14/2017 at 1:15 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I laughed/sobbed at these two. They are heartbreakingly young and stupid. That's right, honey. Shayden will get a job. What kind of employment opportunities are there in Crapville, Indiana, or whatever godforsaken place they come from? (Pax to all my fellow snarkers from Indiana.) When you are 15 and live at home, sans baby, $175 a week seems like a lot of money. Heh.

That is what I thought too.

I woder who will the be the first boy to bail and get another girlfriend?  "But I thought you loved me!"    Let the snark begin!!

• Love 7

Shelley, along with all her self-righteous judgment, needs to back off.  It's only been two episodes and, so far, she's the one who's been the most grating and the one I dislike the most at the moment.  I mean, I don't like Shannon all that much, but I'm on her side just because Shelley is just SO insufferable.  

Whatever Shannon has or hasn't done isn't really any of Shelley's concern.  Her role in this whole thing is as Caelan's (sp.?) mother, not McKayla's.  That's it.  McKayla has a support system.  And for all her talk about Shannon putting McKayla in a bad position and making her feel guilty, she's doing the same damn thing by making McKayla feel like it's wrong to try and have some sort of relationship or communication with Shannon.  

And let's be real.  Nothing Shannon does will ever be the right thing for Shelley.  According to Shelley, Shannon is a deadbeat who abandoned McKayla and shouldn't be having any more kids because she didn't take care of the ones she already had and doesn't deserve to be a part of McKayla's life now.  But then later she also criticizes Shannon for not knowing anything about the details of the shower! Make up your mind Shelley.  Either she's shitty for not being there and should stay away or she should be more involved and know what's going on.

Hell, neither Shannon nor McKayla should be planning a damn shower.  Shannon's on her fourth kid talking about a shower and McKayla's pregnant at 16 with no job and a boyfriend who isn't going to be stepping up, despite all his tough talk, to take care of anything.  Not much to be celebrating.  And she just had prom last week!?  Is every week going to be some ridiculous party that costs money that could be used elsewhere with her?

I'm waiting for Caelan to show his true colors like the other two teen dads.  He's getting a really good and saintly edit right now.  I'm not buying it.

As for the other two,  Lexus with the screeching and giggling.  Reality is going to hit those two really hard. 

James and Shaden are already showing themselves to be immature and not ready or really willing to deal with what's to come.  No, James.  Babysitting your little siblings is NOT the same as caring for a newborn. Lilly should face reality now with him that he isn't going to be around for the heavy lifting if he can't even make it through one birthing class.  I did like Kelsey putting her foot down about Shaeden living in her house.  I hope she sticks to it.  If they want to play house, then they need to get their own house to play in.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 11

I kind of felt like McKayla threw Shelly under the bus by telling her mom that Shelly was the one who didn't want to include her (Shannon) in the "conjoined" shower.  They asked McKayla what she wanted and it sounded to me like McKayla really didn't want it and everyone agreed with her.  McKayla needs to grow up and be honest with her mom.  I get that she wants to build a relationship with her mom, but she is going to end up blowing having a good relationship with her boyfriend's mom and I think she will need all the help she can get.  

Besides which, it is pretty weird to expect a shower on your fourth child!

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - why do teens think their lives will go on "as usual" when a 30 year old woman knows how much life will change?  Oh yes.....that whole frontal cortex thing.

James:  "we started foolin' around....never really thought we would get pregnant....I dunno."  Yikes.

Sheyden.  Yikes.  Lady, you were pregnant at 16 and it never occurred to you to Depo Shot your daughter?  I had my first child at 32 and she is a gramma?  

That is what I thought too.

I woder who will the be the first boy to bail and get another girlfriend?  "But I thought you loved me!"    Let the snark begin!!

James is gone in a heart beat (he is the African American boy correct? if not that is who I think will be gone, he shows no interest in the baby at all.

• Love 5