Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

I couldn’t believe she had the nerve to say “it worked out for her”

Wasn't that a moment? Reality has yet to hit that child.

A year at Western Oklahoma State College, with books, is under $5000. That's a lot more than community college ought to cost IMHO, but it's low enough that a $1000 scholarship could make a real difference. I don't know how much the cheerleaders practice every week. That might be as much money as Emiley would make at a minimum-wage job. And even minimum-wage jobs are likely not easy to find in those tiny towns.

• Love 5
On 10/8/2018 at 3:29 AM, Lizzing said:

Laura's parents are so, so strange.  The dad was wigging out that Anna might be hooking up with her boyfriend, saying that he shouldn't have to deal with that behavior because premarital sex is "not Biblical"....well, dude, once you have one teen pregnancy in the family, irrespective of your "Biblical" beliefs, it's time to get everyone educated about prevention. However, when you've clearly taught that the best way to get attention in the family is to get knocked up by some wannabe stripper boy, burying your head in the sand and hoping for abstinence isn't gonna cut it.  And when the mom & Laura had the "how the ovum meets the sperm" talk with Anna, I couldn't tell if Anna was just going along with the talk, hoping it would end or the earth would swallow her up, or if she really didn't know.  If it's the latter, that is some piss poor education.  I learned that basic biology in Catholic grade school in the deep south, so they've got no excuse.

Watching this, I wondered about something. As a teacher, I have occasionally resented being told I have to teach Family Life starting in grade 4, but once the teen mom series hit, I understood how important it was, and was glad to do my part. When I see how stunned Laura and Mom appear while doing the sex talk, (to a 15 year old who should know most things for 6 years now) I wondered if a lot of these kids are attending private or Christian where Family Life isn't allowed to be taught? It sure would explain why these idiots aren't using birth control.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

When I see how stunned Laura and Mom appear while doing the sex talk, (to a 15 year old who should know most things for 6 years now) I wondered if a lot of these kids are attending private or Christian where Family Life isn't allowed to be taught? It sure would explain why these idiots aren't using birth control.

I thought parents are allowed to "opt out" of sex education in public school. 

• Love 1

I also don't understand why the parents allow the boyfriends to move into their home after the baby is born. Especially Laura's uber religious parents. Surely, they're not allowing them to share a room? I'd tell them he can help with the baby after school, but he goes home at 10:00. The baby's mom would be on her own for the middle of the night feedings and diaper changes because that's what it's like to be a new mom!

When Laura's family were all sitting in the living room and her sister, Anna?, was complaining about the noise keeping her from being able to take a nap, I think one of the parents said she'd had a bad day at work. So, this 15 year old kid has an after school job and her sister and her boyfriend can't take the baby downstairs for an hour so she could take a nap? I feel really bad for her.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

From various landmarks (and because the various titles specify "Phoenix") she lives in the Ahwatukee Foothills.   Her cheerleading photo shows her team as "Thunder," so that's Desert Vista on south-south-South 32nd Street in Phoenix.  An affluent-ish area.

Thanks! I live in N. Phoenix.....not nearly as familiar with the E. Valley as I could/should be.

• Love 1

Those dolphins were smarter than the kids on this show! LOL. Chloe should have gone swimming with them after the birthday girl was done-that sonar thing with her pregnancy sounded so cool.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2018 at 5:48 PM, Gingi1976 said:

I don’t disagree. However, the only thing worse than being 40 weeks pregnant in Phoenix in the summer is being 40 weeks pregnant in Phoenix in the summer with twins.

I speak from experience.

Ha! I was born in Phoenix (in the summer). We moved when I was really young so I never really understood how miserable my mom was pregnant with me in the heat! No wonder we moved. You must have had it even worse with twins.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Max’s 53-year-old dad Todd Schenzel has spent a good deal of time in court and behind bars for a series of charges that include auto theft, forgery, and issuing bad checks.?

I guess we can see one reason he's latched on to Chloe's family.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Bridget may be the most insidious, now that I think about it. Jessica wants to control Chloe, but Chloe is younger and Max IS annoying and there may be some maternal instinct there that sees the red flags glaring when he's around. If people can see it through TV, she probably can in real life (she's still on my shit list though). Everyone else's parents either lecture or moan (McKayla/Lexus/Laura) but their words don't really mean anything. 

Bridget though...to be honest, she reminds me of my mother when I had my son at 17. I'll never ever forget the day I told her she was undermining my authority with him (and he had to be less than 2 at the time) and she laughed in my face and told me I didn't have any authority. That would play out over the course of his upbringing. I moved out as soon as I could but she still exerted control whenever she could by whatever means she could.

Her thing was/is money. She would pay for private school as long as it was the one she chose. Even before that, when I was pregnant with him she made me go to an obstetrician that made me uncomfortable. His bedside manner was non-existent.  During my appointments when she wasn't present he would ask me why I'd ruined my life like this. Maybe I had ruined it but should your OB be saying that? I HATED him but she told me if I changed doctors she'd tell her insurance not to pay. Me, not knowing anything about how it all worked, thought she held all the cards so I stuck it out with him. When my son got older (and I have two daughters as well) she continued to undermine me at every turn. It got to the point where he'd just go ask her for whatever he wanted. She bought him a car, phones, computers - didn't matter what I said and I did object because I knew he wasn't ready/wouldn't appreciate it. And he didn't. I didn't learn about things like enmeshment and narcissism until he was almost an adult and I finally had a therapist I could talk to about my complicated relationship with my mother and my son. I love my son but we aren't close. Upon the recommendation of my therapist, my sister and friends who knew the history, I just kind of gave up at some point. They were, both of them, going to do what they wanted to do. 

She also threatened to call child protective services on me like Kelsey did to Lexus. It was just a cruel, empty threat (I think) but it was terrifying. I hadn't done anything but it was another avenue of control. 

I said all that to say what Emiley's grandmother said made me look at Bridget differently than I had before. Maybe she's not as bad as my own mother and I'm just triggered but if she is, if there's even a hint of that kind of passive aggressive bullying in her, then there's not wonder Emiley stays away. And there's no wonder she's not terrified to tell her about changing doctors. Diego's not great (understatement) but he is that kid's father and it should be up to them to make decisions about her care. 

Oh honey.  Please tell me that your mother is completely cut out of your life.  That woman is toxic.

I just wanted to add to anyone else who is going through this bullshit with a parent that is trying to undermine them.  You don’t have to put up with it!  Stop that shit in its tracks.  It’s a dangerous road to go down because it teaches your kid that you are not the authority. They are actively attempting to alienate you from your child and by letting them continue to do it teaches your child that this is acceptable.  

Once they start this behavior, leave.  Just pack up and go.  They need consequences for their behavior.  Put them in a time out until they admit their behavior was wrong.  If they do it again, they get a longer time out.  Any threats of CPS or grandparents rights should result in a total cut off of your life and your childrens’ lives.  Contrary to popular belief, kids do not need grandparents.  They need strong adult role models.

I will get off my soapbox now.  Continue with the snark against these morons.

Edited by JudgeyMcJudgyPants
Cause I got more to say!
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Awww this is so sad. Thanks for posting, tho. I always had a rocky relationship w/ my mother, too, and she undermines me w/ my kids, too. I hate that we have to deal w/ this shit but at least we're not the only ones in the world doing it.

You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're going through it though.

2 hours ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh honey.  Please tell me that your mother is completely cut out of your life.  That woman is toxic.

I just wanted to add to anyone else who is going through this bullshit with a parent that is trying to undermine them.  You don’t have to put up with it!  Stop that shit in its tracks.  It’s a dangerous road to go down because it teaches your kid that you are not the authority. They are actively attempting to alienate you from your child and by letting them continue to do it teaches your child that this is acceptable.  

Once they start this behavior, leave.  Just pack up and go.  They need consequences for their behavior.  Put them in a time out until they admit their behavior was wrong.  If they do it again, they get a longer time out.  Any threats of CPS or grandparents rights should result in a total cut off of your life and your childrens’ lives.  Contrary to popular belief, kids do not need grandparents.  They need strong adult role models.

I will get off my soapbox now.  Continue with the snark against these morons.

Unfortunately, no. But I did keep my daughters away from her as much as I could.

I did want to say though, that it would be hard for any of these teens to stop their parent from taking over if they were determined to do so. I don't mean taking custody but if their situation is like mine, they are dependent on the grandparent at least until they graduate and/or can afford to move out on their own. I had my son 13 days before I turned 18 and I'd already graduated high school so it wasn't long before I was able to leave but some of these girls won't have that ability unless they move in with their boyfriend's families or they (and boyfriend) have a job and can support themselves OR they figure out how to get housing assistance. And sometimes it takes a long time to realize and accept that people are toxic. My ex told me that he could always tell when my mother was calling because I'd tense up when I answered. I had no idea. 

I'm sure it's difficult to figure out how much you should be doing as the grandparent. But the kids have to be allowed to parent their own children and that's more than dealing with the baby crying at night. Lexus and the healthcare kerfuffle and Emiley and the pediatrician debacle are two examples where the parents need to back off and let the teen parents actually be parents.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:26 AM, Bridget said:

McKayla advertising about registering for gifts for baby #2? ?

Tacky x 1,000,000.

Where I come from (and it’s also how I was raised), mothers-to-be get ONE baby shower. That’s it. I know there’s usually a shower for friends/family and another one at work, but to even register for shit for baby #2 is tacky. However, I’d expect nothing less from her.

Babies are expensive, especially car seats, cribs, and diapers. Maybe she should’ve thought about that before she got knocked up again. I just can’t with her. She needs to be held down and given a Depo shot or have some type of birth control implant ASAP. She doesn’t strike me as maternal at all, especially now that Timmy requires her to engage with him.

It looked like enabling Grandma Cindy was the one writing a check for the wedding dress. 

I can't even believe she did that.  Then Tweets it so everyone will run and get her presents.  Isn't her kid only a year old?  Where's all his baby stuff?  Don't your grandparents buy you everything?  No adult in her life is doing her any favors (starting with wearing those pants) by kissing her ass and telling her how she acts is ok.  She doesn't do a thing around the house every day besides play online.  Anytime she makes YouTube videos, Timmy is in his high chair facing the TV.  She had another video that she got him a tablet for Christmas.  He wasn't even 1 I don't think.  She's going to be a mess when all this fizzles out and she's got nothing left but 2 kids and no dad for those kids.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're going through it though.

Unfortunately, no. But I did keep my daughters away from her as much as I could.

I did want to say though, that it would be hard for any of these teens to stop their parent from taking over if they were determined to do so. I don't mean taking custody but if their situation is like mine, they are dependent on the grandparent at least until they graduate and/or can afford to move out on their own. I had my son 13 days before I turned 18 and I'd already graduated high school so it wasn't long before I was able to leave but some of these girls won't have that ability unless they move in with their boyfriend's families or they (and boyfriend) have a job and can support themselves OR they figure out how to get housing assistance. And sometimes it takes a long time to realize and accept that people are toxic. My ex told me that he could always tell when my mother was calling because I'd tense up when I answered. I had no idea. 

I'm sure it's difficult to figure out how much you should be doing as the grandparent. But the kids have to be allowed to parent their own children and that's more than dealing with the baby crying at night. Lexus and the healthcare kerfuffle and Emiley and the pediatrician debacle are two examples where the parents need to back off and let the teen parents actually be parents.

Yes, I agree that in these girls’ situations, it would be difficult.  I can easily see how a teen mom can become subservient to their parent when living in their home. However, it’s even more important for these moms to lay some ground rules as soon as they become independent.

I was speaking more of in general terms with adults and grandparents.  I think that sometimes people think that they cannot say no to their parents even when they are adults (yes I think a lot of this is ingrained into them by their asshole parent).  I just wanted to say that it’s ok to tell them no and give them consequences.  

I know what it’s like to have a shitty mom and my life got a lot easier when I realized she was the one with the problems, not me.

I have a daughter and my goal is for her to grow into a critically thinking independent person who is equal to me when she is an adult.  Not raise a yes-man who is beholden to me just because I gave birth to her.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Yes, I agree that in these girls’ situations, it would be difficult.  I can easily see how a teen mom can become subservient to their parent when living in their home. However, it’s even more important for these moms to lay some ground rules as soon as they become independent.

I was speaking more of in general terms with adults and grandparents.  I think that sometimes people think that they cannot say no to their parents even when they are adults (yes I think a lot of this is ingrained into them by their asshole parent).  I just wanted to say that it’s ok to tell them no and give them consequences.  

I know what it’s like to have a shitty mom and my life got a lot easier when I realized she was the one with the problems, not me.

I have a daughter and my goal is for her to grow into a critically thinking independent person who is equal to me when she is an adult.  Not raise a yes-man who is beholden to me just because I gave birth to her.  

I definitely understand and agree with you. I think a lot of us were taught the adult/parent is always in the right and it becomes hard to find your adult voice when dealing with your parents. It’s even harder with a mother like Bridget/mine who wants to run the situation how she sees fit. 

I also want my daughters to be fully independent women but it’s so hard to let them go out into this world. I’m sure every parent feels like that though. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I can't even believe she did that.  Then Tweets it so everyone will run and get her presents.  Isn't her kid only a year old?  Where's all his baby stuff?  Don't your grandparents buy you everything?  No adult in her life is doing her any favors (starting with wearing those pants) by kissing her ass and telling her how she acts is ok.  She doesn't do a thing around the house every day besides play online.  Anytime she makes YouTube videos, Timmy is in his high chair facing the TV.  She had another video that she got him a tablet for Christmas.  He wasn't even 1 I don't think.  She's going to be a mess when all this fizzles out and she's got nothing left but 2 kids and no dad for those kids.

Sad to say but I think this is how a lot of younger parents are raising their kids nowadays. It’s so inexpensive to buy a tablet and with the kid distracted by videos the parent has quiet and a moment to look at their own screen. 

I have a close relative whose grandson had a tv installed over his crib at six months. He’s had his own device since he was able to hold it in front of his face. He’s now five and seriously addicted. The only time I’ve seen him without some sort of tablet or phone is when he’s spent time with his grandparents and they limit how long he can watch. It’s sad but I don’t think his parents think it’s damaging because the videos are for kids. 

• Love 5

I was out of town, so I just got caught up on what I missed. But I think Bridget may really be a contender for "worst mom on the show" with Shannon and Chloe's mom (blanking on her name right now). I felt so awful for Emilee in those scenes. Her mother is incredibly immature and treats her like another teenager would. When Diego comes off looking like the caring, compassionate one, you knowing something is wrong. 

Laura's mom and that painful talk about "relations". Wow. This is why you have one teen mom and another one who's engaging in sexual activities with her boyfriend. You could totally tell those type of talks rarely, if ever, happen around there. My kids aren't even in middle school and know more about human anatomy and reproduction than that family. Yikes. What a mess. 

I'm typically a McKayla fan, but she was being such a brat this episode. They aren't married in real time, so what happened with that wedding dress? 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Sad to say but I think this is how a lot of younger parents are raising their kids nowadays. It’s so inexpensive to buy a tablet and with the kid distracted by videos the parent has quiet and a moment to look at their own screen. 

I have a close relative whose grandson had a tv installed over his crib at six months. He’s had his own device since he was able to hold it in front of his face. He’s now five and seriously addicted. The only time I’ve seen him without some sort of tablet or phone is when he’s spent time with his grandparents and they limit how long he can watch. It’s sad but I don’t think his parents think it’s damaging because the videos are for kids. 

My middle nephew has had an ipad since he was 2 and he's now 10 and also addicted.  So much that I've been told that if their family goes out to eat somewhere he won't want to go because he'd rather stay home and watch videos on his ipad. When his ipad dies he's immediately asking for someone's phone.

• Love 2

Goodness. I'm so glad I don't have children. I think a lot of parents don't want to parent these days (not you all lovely people, however!) My unpopular opinion is that some people enjoy the idea of being pregnant and having a baby, and then you get showers and gender reveal parties, but when the baby comes they are equipped or don't want to take the time and effort it takes to raise a viable, kind human being. I'm so happy I skipped it all.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I was out of town, so I just got caught up on what I missed. But I think Bridget may really be a contender for "worst mom on the show" with Shannon and Chloe's mom (blanking on her name right now). I felt so awful for Emilee in those scenes. Her mother is incredibly immature and treats her like another teenager would. When Diego comes off looking like the caring, compassionate one, you knowing something is wrong. 

Laura's mom and that painful talk about "relations". Wow. This is why you have one teen mom and another one who's engaging in sexual activities with her boyfriend. You could totally tell those type of talks rarely, if ever, happen around there. My kids aren't even in middle school and know more about human anatomy and reproduction than that family. Yikes. What a mess. 

I'm typically a McKayla fan, but she was being such a brat this episode. They aren't married in real time, so what happened with that wedding dress? 

Even without the whole sex conversation, Laura and her didn't even seem to understand their own anatomy!  My teenaged sons understand female anatomy better than those two (I don't mean in a sexual way, just the nuts and bolts of how all the parts work, lol).

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 5

Emilee mentioned that Bridget used to work for the General Practitioner, and that Bridget and the GP had become friends.  I wondered if Bridget had Emilee see that GP because the GP had agreed to waive any charges.  Seeing a pediatrician in town would cost money (co-pays, deductibles, etc.) and Emilee's family didn't seem to have a lot of spare cash.  And we sure haven't seen Diego or his family stepping up and offering to buy diapers or pay any of the bills associated with the birth.  Bridget might not have mentioned the financial situation to Emilee or (having watched Emilee for the last couple of months) has told Emilee and it went in one ear and out the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Jake said:

Emilee mentioned that Bridget used to work for the General Practitioner, and that Bridget and the GP had become friends.  I wondered if Bridget had Emilee see that GP because the GP had agreed to waive any charges.  Seeing a pediatrician in town would cost money (co-pays, deductibles, etc.) and Emilee's family didn't seem to have a lot of spare cash.  And we sure haven't seen Diego or his family stepping up and offering to buy diapers or pay any of the bills associated with the birth.  Bridget might not have mentioned the financial situation to Emilee or (having watched Emilee for the last couple of months) has told Emilee and it went in one ear and out the other.

I wondered about that, too.  I also wondered if Bridget just knows, too, that the practitioner is good.  I can't imagine there are necessarily too many doctors in such small rural towns.

• Love 8
On 10/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, Soup333 said:

And here I was feeling like a horrible mom for letting my two kids watch TV for an hour each day when they get home from school/daycare to give me time to get dinner/laundry/cleaning going after work.  I'm glad there are stories like these to make me feel better about my parenting!

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

And here I was feeling like a horrible mom for letting my two kids watch TV for an hour each day when they get home from school/daycare to give me time to get dinner/laundry/cleaning going after work.  I'm glad there are stories like these to make me feel better about my parenting!

My kids are older now (22, 18, and 15), but when they were younger someone told me that there are a million ways to parent a child and most of them are right.  :) 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Goodness. I'm so glad I don't have children. I think a lot of parents don't want to parent these days (not you all lovely people, however!) My unpopular opinion is that some people enjoy the idea of being pregnant and having a baby, and then you get showers and gender reveal parties, but when the baby comes they are equipped or don't want to take the time and effort it takes to raise a viable, kind human being. I'm so happy I skipped it all.

Your opinion is, to me, correct.  Being a parent, with the best of circumstances, is HARD.  Per the tablet/phone addiction:  I have a friend whose son (age 11 or 12) who refused to go out onm MOTHER'S DAY so he could stay home and game on the Xbox.  Yep.  

On 10/10/2018 at 2:44 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

I can believe she did that!  "I DESERVE another shower, don't ya know??"  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Your opinion is, to me, correct.  Being a parent, with the best of circumstances, is HARD.  Per the tablet/phone addiction:  I have a friend whose son (age 11 or 12) who refused to go out onm MOTHER'S DAY so he could stay home and game on the Xbox.  Yep.  

If that was my kid, he wouldn't haven an Xbox anymore.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

If that was my kid, he wouldn't haven an Xbox anymore.

Ha Ha!!!  My now 21 year old son reminded me last night of the time I took away his Xbox for the whole summer as he was spending too much time on it.  And he has never missed a Mother's Day, before or after, lol.  

• Love 10
On 10/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, Soup333 said:

It's like they're taught to stare lovingly and adoringly into the man's face as he spews his garbage speaks.

Thanks Soup33.  I've never watched a Dugger (I feel bad enough watching 90-Day and Unexpected).   This poor granny: her "lovingly and adoringly" look comes across to me as "recently lobotomized."

• Love 3
22 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I think this is 100% true. My thankfully ex-sister-in-law was like this. You'd have thought she was the first woman to ever gestate. She had a shower and a "welcome baby" party. Her own mother even said she couldn't believe her daughter had a baby since she'd never liked kids. She did have the good sense to stop at that one. And my neice is great. 

As far as the addiction, I wonder if these dads who are so against the pacifier will try to observe limits on their kids' screen time? Methinks no.

• Love 8

Not that I had any expectations of her, but I figured McKayla was probably too lazy to want to take care of two babies. I'm disappointed to hear she's pregnant again. I will say, however, she has quite good taste in wedding gowns and looked great in the ones we saw her model She should try to be a model instead of a mom.!

• Love 1

Only finished watching this last night & still trying to decide what I feel about Bridget. Her mother's comments were interesting, saying Bridget has had issues with her since she was born, & how she failed her but can't go back... I can't imagine all that is about her being a teen mom with Bridget; things can be worse, & maybe they were.

I also recall on a different episode Bridget saying she 'didn't want' someone like Diego for Emilee because he doesn't treat her well, etc. & that she'd been there, wanted better for her etc.  I'm getting the feeling Bridget has had it kind of rough. I also think she is REALLY disappointed for Emilee, both for having a jerk bf & a teen pregnancy. Unfortunately, she's got a rough way about her, & I don't think she has a good bond with Emilee to make enough of an impact in her life.

I don't know what the doctor business was all about. Maybe it was a financial decision - are Diego's parents, as involved as they are, providing anything financially for the baby, I wonder.

Also bothersome is the way not just Diego, but his parents, speak about Bridget. As much as Bridget has to accept Diego as the father of her grandchild, THEY all have to accept the fact that Bridget is Emilee's mom & a grandmother as well. They almost seem to have a grooming technique going on with Emilee to help further break any relationship with her mom - unless she's a horrible abuser (maybe, but we don't know for sure), there's no reason for this behavior especially from two other adults who raised a real jerk & continue to enable his ass holery (I won't forget his behavior at that shower, & it wasn't just toward Bridget it was toward Emilee as well).

Emilee strikes me as someone who is going in the direction of not being an involved parent; I don't know how she'll go to college, cheer, & be a parent. However, she could end up making a better life for herself & break the cycle for her daughter. Unfortunately, I'm concerned that the plan might be for Diego's mom to be with Aria/Beckett (geesh decide already), & given the way Diego is that could be a very bad thing.

Kelsey & Jessica continue to enjoy whatever screen time they can grab, especially Jessica who seems really "on" along with the cameras. Her little speech to the family about how the medical professionals must induce poor Chloe because she's so uncomfortable was cringy. FFS she's what, 39/40 wks now? Of course she'll be uncomfortable, & maybe even sick, etc. I'm glad they had her checked out but to push a procedure on her that isn't necessary & being all dramatic about it was so stupid & irresponsible.

Her husband is such a yes man it's nauseating. He just sits there next to her nodding, nodding, & always agreeing, no matter what; no original thought whatsoever. He's the type of "yes, yes, honey of course, you're right, absolutely, I've got your back" dude while screwing someone at work the whole time.

Laura - wow - she's grown up a lot from being impregnated hasn't she? What a kidult she is now - oh wise one please share your knowledge with your 'baby' sister. Actually she'll probably do a lot better than the mom for sure, & a dad who thinks it's "horrifying" that they have to talk about natural body functions with their kids (I think I just hurt myself eye rolling).  I wonder what Anna's friends at school will think of that ridiculous talk they had on TV. She's 15 & doesn't know why she gets a period?  I'm "horrified".

McKayla reached a new low this week & it's obvious why, what with Tim saying he's created a "monster" then continuing to enable by buying a gown for a kid who does absolutely nothing but post YT videos - doesn't know how to cook, never cleaned a toilet, doesn't have a real job, not going to school, now to be alone in an apt with soon to be 2 kids all day into the night... she's going to wake up one day & think 'what the hell have I done' & it may be too late by then. Caelen isn't much better - stupid enough to impregnate such a purposeless girl, not once but twice now. I think the huge pants are hiding the belly, given it's not been officially revealed on the show yet. She's happy to take whatever her grands will provide for her, which is basically everything, then disrespectful enough to tell him how "annoying" he is on TV; can't imagine how much of a prize she is when the cameras are off.

The gown was lovely but while she had it on I just kept thinking how sophisticated & classy it was, & therefore didn't suit the wearer at all.

• Love 11

I think the thing that bugged me most about Laura's little lecture to her sister was that she just can't show an ounce of humility. Ever. She had the gall to say, "It worked out for me, but I don't think it would work out for you."

Worked out for you how, exactly? You're living at home, annoying everyone in your family, you still have doubts about your boyfriend. Do either of them work? What's the great success story here?

It would have been cool if she'd said, "You don't want a baby Anna. I love Lucas, but this is really hard. My whole life changed. I never see my friends anymore; I'm lucky if I get a shower. My options for a future are severely limited and I really don't want that for you."

But it was almost as if she was saying Anna shouldn't be a mom because SHE just couldn't hack it, not because no girl that age should be a mom. She just always has this superiority with her sister that infuriates me. I want to see her really get knocked on her ass.

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Worked out for you how, exactly? You're living at home, annoying everyone in your family, you still have doubts about your boyfriend. Do either of them work? What's the great success story here?

Yep; check back in 20 yrs (maybe not even), to see how it's all 'worked out'. It may be a very different story then.

48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She just always has this superiority with her sister that infuriates me. I want to see her really get knocked on her ass.

Yes she does... her parents need to have a talk with her about pride & how it goes before a fall...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't know what the doctor business was all about. Maybe it was a financial decision - are Diego's parents, as involved as they are, providing anything financially for the baby, I wonder.

Isn't the "family doctor" MILES away...a long drive?   Isn't the pediatrician just a couple of miles from where they live?   I think they wanted both a baby doctor AND someone closer without all the difficult transportation arrangements.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Isn't the "family doctor" MILES away...a long drive?   Isn't the pediatrician just a couple of miles from where they live?   I think they wanted both a baby doctor AND someone closer without all the difficult transportation arrangements.

No worries; good reason.  I have no idea who is paying for the baby's care, but I've driven long ways to see good doctors if they're worth it. Then again having someone close is also important, in case. 

I'm speculating on Bridget in other ways; I know what it's like to be around controllers. The ones I had never shed a tear. I see Bridget is controlling, but she also seems genuinely hurt. She may be projecting a lot of her own issues here, but I still sense trouble with Diego & his family.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Yep; check back in 20 yrs (maybe not even), to see how it's all 'worked out'. It may be a very different story then.

Yes she does... her parents need to have a talk with her about pride.

Yup. All their talk about how premarital sex isn't biblical, well neither is being a prideful asshole.

21 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I think location is a big part of it. But I also think Emmilee just wants out from under her mom's thumb. I would not like the idea of my doc reporting every thing back to my mother.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But it was almost as if she was saying Anna shouldn't be a mom because SHE just couldn't hack it, not because no girl that age should be a mom. She just always has this superiority with her sister that infuriates me. I want to see her really get knocked on her ass.

She already has been.  She just doesn't know it yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Maybe it's been mentioned before but someone please get Diego's dad to the doctor. He looks dangerously unhealthy. Massive dark circles all around his eyes. The heavy breathing. Something bad is going to happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think location is a big part of it. But I also think Emmilee just wants out from under her mom's thumb. I would not like the idea of my doc reporting every thing back to my mother.

I agree and think Emmilee (is that how it's spelled?) and Diego want/need to get away from her manipulating mom.  The "pediatrician" and "closer location" are simply reasons they can use to try to explain something--something that is their own business as parents.   The current doctor/mom's friend is unethical if she's sharing private patient info.

• Love 4

That may very well be true. 

I feel for Emilee. She seems like a sweet, if not clueless, girl. She doesn't want to hurt anyone. If both sides are using her to play off one another, that's just terrible.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not seeing Diego & family as a step up for Emilee though. I think they're enjoying her situation & the power they feel over her as well.

Same. I don't think that they're any better. They raised Diego who doesn't really treat Emiley well, either. Wasn't he flirting with someone at the baby shower? 

I really feel for Anna because I was her. My older sister had a baby at 17 and didn't give a damn about the changes she made in all our lives. I was 12, and as much as I love my nephew, his arrival was very disruptive. Unfortunately, people like Laura don't change. My sister has 4 kids that she half-assed raised, expecting our family to pick up the slack (we did) and resenting us for it. We don't really speak anymore, and it can all be traced back to her having kids before she was ready. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I agree and think Emmilee (is that how it's spelled?) and Diego want/need to get away from her manipulating mom.  The "pediatrician" and "closer location" are simply reasons they can use to try to explain something--something that is their own business as parents.   The current doctor/mom's friend is unethical if she's sharing private patient info.

That jumped out at me like few things have on this awful show.  Talking about patients?  Good Lord - I called our dentist office to see if my hubby had come out of oral surgery and they put me on hold to say they could not tell me anything due to privacy concerns.  I was like, "Oh right!!  Sorry!"  (He was fine, btw!)  But this couple needs to get baby Aria to a pediatrician NOW.  Not a GP, a baby doctor who won't blab everyone's business.  And that was my husband.  

When they were putting that birth control thing in her arm and they looked at each other lovingly and said "Well we don't have to worry about a baby for three years"  I said to my tv screen:  "Don't worry Emillee - he will be LONG GONE in three years!!!"  LOL!

17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. All their talk about how premarital sex isn't biblical, well neither is being a prideful asshole.

Yep  - look where that got him.  A waaaay too early grandchild, plus a 15 year daughter who is pissed and crying all the time.

I know it has been mentioned before but all these assumptions - BF is moving in, GF is assuming mom and dad are going to support her - I don't get it.  If it were me (thank you God that it is not) I would be "Look you can come for dinner now and then but you are keeping your piehole shut most of the time, then you are leaving at 8pm."  

16 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

I really feel for Anna because I was her. My older sister had a baby at 17 and didn't give a damn about the changes she made in all our lives. I was 12, and as much as I love my nephew, his arrival was very disruptive.

I am sorry you went through that - I bet your sister was (and you can tell me I am out of line) had an attitude of "What?  What is the big deal?  It is NOT about me?" her whole life.  I know a lot of females like that......

Edited to add:  I wonder how many of the teen mom's friends are supportive in person, but drive away thinking, "Geez I am glad that is NOT ME!"  Cause that would have totally me back in 1983 with my 18 year old self.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Same. I don't think that they're any better. They raised Diego who doesn't really treat Emiley well, either. Wasn't he flirting with someone at the baby shower? 

I really feel for Anna because I was her. My older sister had a baby at 17 and didn't give a damn about the changes she made in all our lives. I was 12, and as much as I love my nephew, his arrival was very disruptive. Unfortunately, people like Laura don't change. My sister has 4 kids that she half-assed raised, expecting our family to pick up the slack (we did) and resenting us for it. We don't really speak anymore, and it can all be traced back to her having kids before she was ready. 

That is really so sad; and I can totally see that happening with Anna and Laura. 

My husband has never seen this show, But happened to be in the room when I was watching the most recent episode. I remarked how badly I felt for Anna and he said -"Yea. She didn't ask for any of this and her entire life has been turned upside down."

Is Tylor still in school? He needs to work and get them their own place. STAT. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yep  - look where that got him.  A waaaay too early grandchild, plus a 15 year daughter who is pissed and crying all the time.

They need to become more familiar with their bible if they're going to use it as a textbook/teaching tool.  There are several instances of premarital sex that seemed well accepted.  Perhaps there are better methods and teachers.

Edited by Former Nun