Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It broke my heart when Emiley was sobbing and said, "But this day was supposed to be about ME." And her mother couldn't even acknowledge that. 

Me too. Sorry Emiley. Everything is about Bridget. Who's the teenager again?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Ivylady said:

Look at Prince Diego. Not wanting to get dressed and calling Emiley pudgy (but he's just playing). This dude irritates me to no end. 

Bridget needs to grow up. Let Emiley go and do her thing. 

He is not just playing I live with an abuser like that...….trust me its now a marriage in name only......im done...this kid abuses

• Love 5
On 10/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Amidst it all, I'd almost forgotten Shaeden's assertion that little Scarlett "looks just like me". hahahahahahahaha. She looks exactly like Lexus and Kelsey.

Scarlett is the most adorable child. I love her cute cheeks. Shame that her parents are trainwrecks. I wish someone would tell Lexus she doesn't have to be with anybody. She can break up with Shayden and be alone and focus on her child. It doesn't have to be a choice between Shayden and Lily. Also, get therapy and a possible order of protection. 

20 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not gonna lie, I thought you were kidding.  I went to youtube and typed in "Teen Mom Typical Day" and lo and behold:  SO MANY DIFFERENT ONES!  Not just talking into the camera but shooting a video complete with music!!  WTF?   BTW, most of them seem to start at 8am when Teen Mom wakes up.  Really?  By 8am I have been up for three hours.......When I was 17 I liked babysitting a baby for about two hours, then I was outta there.

LOL. Who knew, right?

17 hours ago, PityFree said:

Diego is a P.O.S.

This will always be true.

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think what we're seeing with Emiley is a response to YEARS of Bridget's behavior. She probably doesn't get invited because she behaves horribly. I'm sure there IS an element of Emiley favoring Diego's family because it's newer and easier right now. But Bridget is an adult. I get her being hurt, but I don't cosign her extremely immature reactions. 

Also, Bridget is super passive aggressive. She doesn't say anything IN the moment, but then freaks out on Emiley after. Why couldn't she just say, "Okay, let me get a few pictures"? No. She'd rather sulk and play the victim. I think she's awful. 

I agree about Emiley's and Diego's clothes, though. Yikes. 

I thought Emiley looked great for having just had a child. Diego is just such garbage that he had to insult her. I hate that kid's face. I don't know how Emiley was evvvveeer attracted to him but she did say he was nice to her when they were dating. Maybe that and the fact that his parents are easygoing (asses) is why she prefers them over her shrew of a mother. I agree that we're only seeing some of the picture between Emiley and Bridget. There are layers of old, longstanding tension and dysfunction between them. This show can't show it all. I don't think Emiley is a bitch at all, but I do think she probably has been choosing to be with Diego's family because it's just easier. They're not bitching at her for every single thing and when she's there, Diego might be helping out with the baby more versus when they're at her mother's. I think Bridget is hurt because she feels iced out but she's not articulating that well. She's like another version of Jessica. It all becomes about her in the end. 

I will say though, that if Diego is so disrespectful to Bridget. The way he was smirking at her in the preview for next week - I just would have lost it. I couldn't stand for that type of disrespect in my own house. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd peed on her toothbrush too.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus Christ, I believe I actually let out a small scream when she called her infant son "rowdy" and "crazy". McKayla. You have an active boy. Deal! If you'd let him out of the play pen and play with him sometimes he might not be so "crazy". Wait till he's walking. Poor little McKayla might not be able to perfect her brows then, trying to keep her son from bolting out the front door.

And seriously? She was changing his diaper like someone who's never done it before. We all get to be pros at diaper changing after a couple of days, it ain't hard. She didn't have a cloth diaper or burp cloth to lay across him in case he peed? She seemed utterly flummoxed by having to clean him. And then she couldn't figure out how to hold him with one hand while she shook out the diaper with the other? She was yelling for her grandma's help the whole time? That child is what, 9 months old? What has she been doing? Why is she changing a shitty diaper on the floor with nothing underneath him? So many questions. Is she just dumb?

The light is starting to dawn on the cement headed McKayla. This is the life you chose, dumbass. You're sitting around in an crap apartment, taking care of a baby even though you seem desperately unsuited for such a responsibility. Your last big grab for attention, a big white wedding, is vanishing in a puff of smoke. She'll be Shannon in a few years. Run, Caeden. Run.

God help this girl when she has two kids. Two young babies and Caelen's working all day. She has no idea and her grandparents won't be around forever. She needs to take parenting classes and learn how to speak to her child. Calling him psycho and crazy when he's being a normal active baby is terrible. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 12

Timmy was all kinds of wonderful when he was an adorable, non mobile infant that she could lug around like a dolly and get all kinds of attention for. Now reality is setting in, as indeed we all predicted it would. Suddenly little Timmy is crawling, full of energy, curious and always on the go. He's not going to sit adorably on her lap or lie on his tummy in a play pen. And she's just SHOCKED by this. And he's not an attention magnet for coos and sappy smiles. She's already getting judged at Walmart when Timmy lets out a squawk or won't sit quietly in the shopping cart. And she doesn't like it. So its TIMMY's fault--he's rowdy! Seriously. An infant.

Meanwhile, she still hasn't figured out that she can hand him her keys or a rattle or some other shiny object to distract him. Dear lord. And she's going to have two under two.

• Love 20

Despite the hamfisted nature of TLC programming, there is an authenticity to this show that makes it both compelling and disturbing to watch. I feel like we are pretty much seeing these people as they are and their honest reactions to events. Unfortunately, those reactions speak poorly for many of them.

I echo those who have ambivalent feelings about Bridget and Emiley. I have empathy for both, but at the same time I would like to shake them out of their pattern of horrid communication skills. Bridget, why not have a calm talk with your daughter about your feelings? "I love you and the baby and I feel left out." No need to demonize Diego's parents (as tempting as it is), or to guilt trip your overwhelmed teenager. I get where she's coming from in the sense that it's always been the two of them (I think?) and she is undoubtedly overly enmeshed and feels like she is losing everything. Complicating matters is that Diego is a nasty little snot to the nth degree and his parents enable it. They are not exactly acting like adults, either. 

Diego is just absolutely the worst. No wait, Shayden is. Or Max. God, why are all these fathers so horrible? Caelen (sp?) comes off looking the best of the bunch, and he is obviously beaten down and depressed. Most of these people seem depressed to me, actually. Definitely Lexus is. I really fear for her. That relationship is one of the most twisted things I have ever seen. Scary shit.

McKayla. Jesus Christ, girl. You are not a good mother and now you have a second on the way. And her stupid baby daddy (I said he was the best of the bunch, not that he wasn't an idiot) shrugging his shoulders a few weeks ago about how they don't use birth control. Listen, back in the stone age when I was a teenager and it wasnt necessarily easy to get contraception, my GFs and I all RELIGIOUSLY used condoms AND one other method because we were scared shitless of getting pregnant. I do not understand these kids. At all. Chloe gets credit from me for getting her BC sitch locked down, at least (better late than never). I see the rest of the girls spitting out a few more kids sooner rather than later, sadly.

Unpopular opinion: I thought Emiley's dress was pretty. (Diego showing up with no shirt and a shitty attitude was completely predictable.)

Unpopular opinion #2: I like Chloe's stepdad. I think he's sweet. :) 

Edited by bref
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Shannon obviously thinks that Tim's drinking had a bad effect on the family, and as you pointed out, Tim agrees.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a perception among the people they know that Tim is a great guy because he raised two of Shannon-the-Fuckup's kids, and Shannon is thinking, "If you only knew..." In fact, it played out that way here, where people accused Shannon of lying about his drinking.

And if she thinks his drinking had a bad effect on her, I can see why she would call him out on it, especially if she's used to everybody thinking he's a saint.  And mileage varies, but I don't think the minimum standard for harming one's family is beating people in drunken rages or not having food in the house for weeks.

We obviously don't know what went on when Shannon was growing up, except we do know there was enough drinking that Shannon thinks it had an impact, Tim regrets it, and it was enough to cause him to have cirrhosis before he's 60.  And Shannon is a major fuckup.  And McKayla is a spoiled brat with no concept of reality.  He's leaving quite a wake.  Suffice to say I'm not that impressed with him.

I'm not comfortable getting too much into this, because it relies too much on guesswork. I can only go based on what I've seen on the show. Addiction is horrible and I have a lot of empathy for addicts. That being said, addiction can happen to good people and assholes. Shannon has been sober over the course of the show, and I've still seen nothing but a manipulative asshole. Tim has ostensibly been drinking over the course of the show (until now) and I've not found him to be an asshole at all. A bit of enabler, but that's borne out of good intentions. 

Also, I didn't think Tim's acknowledgement was about him screwing up his family in any way. I thought he acknowledged that his excessive drinking was "stupid" because of the current health issues he's suffering. 

9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I thought Emiley looked great for having just had a child. Diego is just such garbage that he had to insult her.

Oh, Emiley is a cutie and would look good in a potato sack. I just meant all the colors and patterns they picked were godawful, IMO. 

• Love 6

Grandpa Tim is only in his 50s?!?!?! He looks like he is in his mid-late 70s. And not a healthy mid to late 70s. 

He has obviously not taking very good care of himself and the drinking is part of why.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, Emiley is a cutie and would look good in a potato sack. I just meant all the colors and patterns they picked were godawful, IMO. 

I know some people didn't like the dress. I didn't really care but Diego's tux/suit was terrible. I can't stand anything about him though so it may have been that I might have hated it less if anyone else had worn it. I kind of doubt it though.

My daughter's senior prom was 2017 and flowers were the in thing. She went with a group of girls and they all had floral dresses - it wasn't planned. She'd wanted a two-piece like Emiley's but her sister found an absolutely gorgeous dress with POCKETS! and that was that. Looking back, I'm happy she changed her mind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I did not realize cheer came with scholarship $$ and I guess she can go to prom....but in a different dress?

I thought the dress was beautiful and unique...and what a clever designer to think of removing a zipper (because of larger breasts) and replacing it with lacing.

7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Emily's dress looked like a Canasta dress and she got a part time job serving at El Loro* Mexican eatery.  Except the servers at El Loro* look good.

*El Loro is an awesome Mexican eatery here in the Minneapolis suburbs,  I am in no way poking fun at El Loro

I live in "a heart" of Mexican food country (Arizona).  Our workers don't wear costumes, so I guess I'd never get that vibe from Emiley's dress.

23 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Okay, we all know I love Emiley's dress.   It's too bad Diego couldn't have found a denim blazer...kind of matching.  Someone with a good embroidery machine could have sewn some flowers (a very minimum number) to match what Emiley was wearing.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bref said:

McKayla. Jesus Christ, girl. You are not a good mother and now you have a second on the way. And her stupid baby daddy (I said he was the best of the bunch, not that he wasn't an idiot) shrugging his shoulders a few weeks ago about how they don't use birth control. Listen, back in the stone age when I was a teenager and it wasnt necessarily easy to get contraception, my GFs and I all RELIGIOUSLY used condoms AND one other method because we were scared shitless of getting pregnant. I do not understand these kids. At all.

I actually do.  Everybody says that having a baby will change their lives forever, if not ruin them.  But in actuality, it doesn't.  They get to play house with their boyfriend, they have help with the baby (and sometimes people fighting over who gets to babysit), they get to go to the prom, they get to be cheerleaders, they fight with their parents but that's nothing new, they have drama with their boyfriends but that's nothing new.  Sure, they're responsible for the baby, but except in very rare circumstances it's someone they love and who loves them, and they'll get beamed at by strangers when out and about with it.  And with this show, they're celebrities.

I'm surprised/impressed that some of the boys have jobs, and I'm sure they would prefer not to have to work, but it's not like their sheer existence depends solely on their paycheck, so as for having another baby at this point, no big deal.  They know they're not going to be out on the street.

I think it would be a very different story if they really did suffer all of the consequences of their decision to have a baby, but they almost never do. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, bref said:

Unpopular opinion: I thought Emiley's dress was pretty. (Diego showing up with no shirt and a shitty attitude was completely predictable.)

Unpopular opinion #2: I like Chloe's stepdad. I think he's sweet. :) 

I agree with these opinions.  Chloe's stepfather is what we called PW'd in my day.  Jessica is lucky to have found someone she contols, yet he still seems happy.

Emiley looked so pretty when she was getting ready for her prom. I liked her dress. It was nice to see her when she's not stressed out or crying or upset. She looked young and happy. I feel like she doesn't get to be carefree that much. Between her shitty boyfriend and her emotional vampire of a mother she must feel like she's walking the razor's edge a lot of the time. Its a lot for a young girl. Why she thought adding a baby to the mix would improve things is a mystery for the ages.

• Love 7

Agree with lots of recent comments.  This show is very compelling and astonishingly honest.  It runs rings around the dreadful Teen Mom 2.  I don’t want the season to end. 

I also love Chloe’s stepdad and I’m somewhat supportive of Jessica.  She knew the criminal backstory of Max so I understand  why they want Max to go away.  Chloe has a chance to turn things around.  Her baby will be loved and cherished by financially sound grandparents and a loving family. 

My heart breaks for Emily. I think she is adorable and I liked her prom dress.  Styles change and this dress suited her well. Bridget is the worst parent on the show.  

Agree Caelin is the best boyfriend, as limited as he is.  His mother Shelly is reasonable too.  

I have no words for  Diego.  Max has a serious criminal record.  Shaedon is vile and  has been in and out of Jail.  

What a show. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And seriously? She was changing his diaper like someone who's never done it before.

Honestly? Maybe she hadn't. Or barely. 

How often does one change a baby boy's diaper before they realize they need to "cover" that little spout?   Twice?

23 minutes ago, Ravello said:

My heart breaks for Emily. I think she is adorable and I liked her prom dress.  Styles change and this dress suited her well. Bridget is the worst parent on the show.  

...and her behavior didn't suddenly change when Emiley became a teen!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m going to be sitting alone again, but dammit, I want to smack the shit out of Emily.  What a selfish little bitch.  I get that Bridget is overly emotional, but damn, she raised Emily, and now that Emily has a baby, she wants to do everything with Diego and his freaky parents.  Why couldn’t Bridget take her dress shopping, why couldn’t Diego’s parents move their enormous asses out of the way so Bridget could get pictures, why couldn’t Emily ride with her mom to cheer tryouts and invite her to get something to eat after?  Diego’s ugly, inside and out, mom saying Bridget had resting bitch face was so uncalled for....own a mirror bitch??  Emily is being a little bitch about wanting things to be about her. Well, it’s been about her her entire life, and now she freezes her mom out because her douchebag boyfriend doesn’t like her.  And not asking her mom to watch the baby on her first night out, was the lowest.  Emily has inherited Diego’s smirky face, and I hope when Diego is done using her, that Bridget will tell her to figure it out on her own.  I mean, cutting your mom out is bad enough, but doing it on national television is really bad.  And I haven’t heard Emily give one good reason why she is doing this.  Diego is behind every bit of this, and his parents are pieces of shit by egging her on.  I plan on fast forwarding through any scenes with her and douche Diego.  I have no patience for spoiled, ungrateful kids.

Oh, and btw Emily, your prom dress was hideous and Diego looked like the doofus he is.  

Completely agree. The resting bitch face comment was horrible and rude. Those 2 losers should be ashamed of themselves. I feel bad for Bridget. Emilie is totally throwing her over for Krista. Diego will be gone soon, and Emilie will see how that family really is.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Emiley looked so pretty when she was getting ready for her prom. I liked her dress. It was nice to see her when she's not stressed out or crying or upset. She looked young and happy. I feel like she doesn't get to be carefree that much. Between her shitty boyfriend and her emotional vampire of a mother she must feel like she's walking the razor's edge a lot of the time. Its a lot for a young girl. Why she thought adding a baby to the mix would improve things is a mystery for the ages.

That type of parent just make things easier for people to continue to abuse their children--for life.  I believe (and hope) these pregnancies were all accidents--not planned.  Ignorant kids thinking they could play Russian Roulette and never get shot.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, b2H said:

Bridget deserves everything she gets.  Or doesn't get.  Emiley should turn away and not look back and her 'in-laws' will be there every minute of every day to show her love.

But they are not her in laws, and I would bet $ they never will be. I dont follow these fools in real life but I would not be the least bit surprised to hear Diego had already impregnated another girl. Are Krista and her husband going to financially and emotionally support all Diego 's girlfriends and kids ?

• Love 16
20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Diego's disgusting, awful, fat, immature parents are making things worse!  Krista is awful, she is playing a game, and thinks it is funny Bridget is upset.  Grow up asshole!  Diego's dad should not be laughing about anyone's resting face, bitch or not!  He is fucking gross!

Don’t worry about ol’ Two Tons of Fun. Her turn is coming.  I get she doesn’t have a daughter to turn on her, but she does have sons.  May she get the most selfish, egotistical, whiny, bitchy, shrew of a daughter-in-law who keeps the grandkids from her. Let’s see how she likes it then.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Shannon obviously thinks that Tim's drinking had a bad effect on the family, and as you pointed out, Tim agrees.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a perception among the people they know that Tim is a great guy because he raised two of Shannon-the-Fuckup's kids, and Shannon is thinking, "If you only knew..." In fact, it played out that way here, where people accused Shannon of lying about his drinking.

And if she thinks his drinking had a bad effect on her, I can see why she would call him out on it, especially if she's used to everybody thinking he's a saint.  And mileage varies, but I don't think the minimum standard for harming one's family is beating people in drunken rages or not having food in the house for weeks.

We obviously don't know what went on when Shannon was growing up, except we do know there was enough drinking that Shannon thinks it had an impact, Tim regrets it, and it was enough to cause him to have cirrhosis before he's 60.  And Shannon is a major fuckup.  And McKayla is a spoiled brat with no concept of reality.  He's leaving quite a wake.  Suffice to say I'm not that impressed with him.

No shit.  I've never been around these controlling types, but of course I've read about how they are.  But seeing it with my own eyes...

"She makes it seem like everything is my fault.  No man should ever have to take that."  "We probably ain't gonna last, and it ain't gonna be me leaving . It's gonna be her, and she's gonna make it seem like it was something I did just because I get mad."  All with a face that reminds me too much of Richard Speck.

But Lexus, with her, "I've changed so much. I've been, like, four or five different people in, like, a year."  News flash:  That's why you don't have a baby when you're still a kid. 

Both of them have ample reasons for leaving the other, even in their own minds (never mind the opinion of probably every other person in their lives)--but they just won't do it.  It kind of scares me to think what it's going to take, and I know it's going to happen.

One of my favorite photos from my childhood is of our living room with a blow-up baby pool on the floor, with three kids with bottles in there, and my parents and one set of visiting grandparents sitting on couches talking.

I had an alcoholic parent, and I can promise you, no one comes out of that shit unscathed. It doesn’t matter if you’re a highly paid attorney and functional alcoholic or an unemployed bum, the kids ALWAYS suffer in some way.  Shannon isn’t perfect, but I never criticized her for her feelings about Tim’s drinking. It’s her dad and she was there.  Who’s to say how it affected her? 

I kind of get why Shannon is so pissed, although I don’t justify her actions. She probably feels like her parents criticize her all the time for dumb shit she does, but not McKayla. If Shannon is the queen of dumb  decisions, McKayla is the princess. What’s really the difference between Shannon getting a house she couldn’t afford by counting on McKayla and McKayla and Caelan getting an apartment and trying to have a wedding they can’t afford and don’t need? Shannon got an intervention and McKayla got a deposit on her gown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

YIKES!  A teenage girl wanting to go to prom (after making a BIG mistake that affects the rest of her life)?   Hoping/Working to be a cheerleader in college--a "job" that comes with a $1,000 scholarship?  I don't think those are "entitlements."  She's a teenager with dreams.  Also she seems like a girl who has always worked hard and achieved a lot--in spite of a mother who (at least on TV) wants to hold her back and hold her down.  Life will not be easy as she tries to juggle everything.  She needs encouragement.  Why berate her?

I actually think it is the opposite - Bridget sacrificed a lot so Emilee could cheer and ride horses (not cheap).  She wanted her to go on to college and have a great life.  She is angry that Emilee won't be able to do the things she planned for herself.  She is having trouble adjusting to the new normal, but I would be freaking the f out too if my daughter got pregnant in high school.

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That Bridget could sit next to her weeping daughter and not feel terrible and try and patch things up tells me everything I need to know about her. Poor Emily. She's not Daughter of the Year but I can see why she's attracted to Diego's parents, who are warm and don't judge her so harshly. I wanted to hug her.

The light is starting to dawn on the cement headed McKayla. This is the life you chose, dumbass. You're sitting around in an crap apartment, taking care of a baby even though you seem desperately unsuited for such a responsibility. Your last big grab for attention, a big white wedding, is vanishing in a puff of smoke. She'll be Shannon in a few years. Run, Caeden. Run.

I don't see those two as warm or kind - they are idiots and think it is funny that Bridget is having a hard time with her teen daughter having a baby.  They raised an asshole, and laugh when he disrespects his girlfriend's mother.  Not great people!

As addiction runs in the family, I think McKayla is addicted to something - DRAMA.  Things are settling down, they are planning the wedding, all is going well... she starts picking a fight with Caeden!  Out of nowhere.  He was like, "why are you saying these things??"  She cannot have things going well, she has to throw a bomb out there.  

57 minutes ago, Ravello said:

I also love Chloe’s stepdad and I’m somewhat supportive of Jessica.  She knew the criminal backstory of Max so I understand  why they want Max to go away.  Chloe has a chance to turn things around.  Her baby will be loved and cherished by financially sound grandparents and a loving family. 

At this point, I don't think they knew about his arrest.  I think they find out soon, but at this point, they just don't like him.  

22 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Don’t worry about ol’ Two Tons of Fun. Her turn is coming.  I gwt she doesn’t have a daughter to turn on her, but she does have sons.  May she get the most selfish, egotistical, whiny, bitchy, shrew of a daughter-in-law who keeps the grandkids from her. Let’s see how she likes it then.  

HA!  Yes I am looking forward to their comeuppance!  I think I am going to follow all of them on twitter, just to see what happens when she is shut out.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I agree with these opinions.  Chloe's stepfather is what we called PW'd in my day.  Jessica is lucky to have found someone she contols, yet he still seems happy.

I like Chloe’s stepfather.  Watching him support her during labor, kissing her and then the baby, while crying, melted my heart.  Jessica gets on my nerves, but I think her husband is a doll.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

But they are not her in laws, and I would bet $ they never will be. I dont follow these fools in real life but I would not be the least bit surprised to hear Diego had already impregnated another girl. Are Krista and her husband going to financially and emotionally support all Diego 's girlfriends and kids ?

Uh, yes.  I heard Diego say he wasn’t going to prom “next year”, so he must be a year younger than Emily.  He’ll be all over the girls at school, just like he was at Emily’s baby shower.  

Emily and her mom seemed on better terms until the baby was born.  I am sure Bridget said NO to Diego living at her house, so now Emily is punishing her.  Emily has heard all the horrible things Diego has said about her mom, yet she smirks and smiles.  Hey little girl with the BIG BOW in your hair?  Who is paying the college tuition for you....cause I know Diego’s slimey parents aren’t.  The cheerleading scholarship is only 1,000 and who is going to babysit every day for practice and during the games?  It’s a huge time commitment that I think she is delusional for trying out for.  She needs to get a part time job. Time to grow up little mommy.  It’s not about just YOU for the next 18 years.

You know, for a second, I thought McKayla was going to smack Timmy during that diaper change, but thought better because of the cameras.  She has a very foul mouth.  It wouldn’t be the worse thing if she miscarried.  I worry for Timmy’s safety.  I hope Caelen and his mom will step up.

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Don’t worry about ol’ Two Tons of Fun. Her turn is coming.  I gwt she doesn’t have a daughter to turn on her, but she does have sons.  May she get the most selfish, egotistical, whiny, bitchy, shrew of a daughter-in-law who keeps the grandkids from her. Let’s see how she likes it then.  

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I actually think it is the opposite - Bridget sacrificed a lot so Emilee could cheer and ride horses (not cheap).  She wanted her to go on to college and have a great life.  She is angry that Emilee won't be able to do the things she planned for herself.  She is having trouble adjusting to the new normal, but I would be freaking the f out too if my daughter got pregnant in high school.

I don't see those two as warm or kind - they are idiots and think it is funny that Bridget is having a hard time with her teen daughter having a baby.  They raised an asshole, and laugh when he disrespects his girlfriend's mother.  Not great people!

As addiction runs in the family, I think McKayla is addicted to something - DRAMA.  Things are settling down, they are planning the wedding, all is going well... she starts picking a fight with Caeden!  Out of nowhere.  He was like, "why are you saying these things??"  She cannot have things going well, she has to throw a bomb out there.  

At this point, I don't think they knew about his arrest.  I think they find out soon, but at this point, they just don't like him.  

HA!  Yes I am looking forward to their comeuppance!  I think I am going to follow all of them on twitter, just to see what happens when she is shut out.  

A million likes for this post.  

P.S.  I love how we all spell their names differently and likely wrong.  It adds to the crapfest this show is.  ??

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Completely agree. The resting bitch face comment was horrible and rude. Those 2 losers should be ashamed of themselves. I feel bad for Bridget. Emilie is totally throwing her over for Krista. Diego will be gone soon, and Emilie will see how that family really is.

Bridget and Emilie 's relationship is a wreck, for sure. But, I can't tolerate the way Diego's parents talk about Bridget and giggle and smirk at the crap Diego says about her. They enjoy sticking it to her and being the chosen ones and acting like bitchy  teenagers. They're supposed to be the grown ups in the situation. If the tables were turned, I don't believe they would think it was funny at all to hear Emilie making nasty remarks about them while her mom smirked and joined in. When Diego bails, I don't think they'll choose Emilie over their asshole son. And, if Emilie does what so many teen moms do and keeps the baby away from Diego, I don't think his parents will be very nice to her.

• Love 20

McCayla made a 20 minute youtube video, talking directly to the camera explaining what is on her 2nd baby shower list and why she wants it, and where to purchase the items.  Don't believe me?  Take a peek!  I also found some other from her "vlogging" about her day, what she buys at the grocery store, Timmy napping, her nails, her pedicure, her Coach shoes.....LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3

That was a dark moment with Shayden; made me think murder/suicide potential there. I certainly hope he'll come to grips with life & accept whatever happens between them.

Wow; took forever to get to Chloe finally giving birth LOL. It was great to see her so touched & overwhelmed by her daughter's birth. However 'sweet' the step dad seems, & yeah he was touched to by the moment, he could've joined them after Chloe was properly cared for & covered, & he could've kissed her & the baby when she wasn't lying on his teenage step daughter's bare boob, albeit somewhat covered. I may be the minority on this but felt that was creepy - he could've waited. I also feel, especially given her age, the cameras shouldn't have been in the room either. JMO

Bridget made a comment in an earlier episode to Emilee that she had been pushing her away for a "year" - the year she's been with Diego.  I tend to think they did not have a very solid relationship to begin with, then abusive Diego comes along with his manipulative family & they're on it, pushing for a break between mother & daughter.

Thing is, even if Bridget is calm & rational with Emilee she's still in deep with the other family now. I do think Emilee is purposely alienating her mom, with Diego & family's help, but Bridget is helping the process along by being as unpleasant & victimized as possible. Diego & family are enjoying this so she's playing into their hands.

What Bridget can do right now is definitely - calm down. These moments are gone unfortunately. She can only make the best of what she's getting & give her daughter an emotionally safe place to return when things go wrong, then maybe they can repair & build a relationship.

I have said in past on the board that I felt something deeper was going on with Shannon & her parents that has made her who she is & as resentful as she is, & judging on how they treat McKayla as well there were a lot of issues.

It sounds like lonely McKayla is spending her days with the grandfather given she's texting grandma "squealing" on him overdoing it. 

Timmy doesn't seem anything other than a normal young toddler. And really, if she doesn't know by now to get all her shit together before changing the kid she's really lost. Just wait 'till baby #2 comes around; yikes.

So Caelen says he's been taking McKids back for four years now... he's in for quite a life with her, but he's choosing it. Unfortunately he keeps making babies with her & it'll end up being their problem as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I can't tolerate the way Diego's parents talk about Bridget and giggle and smirk at the crap Diego says about her. They enjoy sticking it to her and being the chosen ones and acting like bitchy  teenagers.

EVERYONE in this clusterfuck acts like a bitchy teenager! Sweet tap dancing Jesus, everyone acts like they're in high school. To clarify, I do not think Diego's parents are prizes, at all. I meant that from Emiley's point of view they are nice to her (even if they shouldn't be talking smack about her mother) and don't pull out the tears, accusations, and guilt tripping Bridget does every five minutes. I'm sure from Emiley's perspective its restful. 

And, if Emilie does what so many teen moms do and keeps the baby away from Diego, I don't think his parents will be very nice to her.

Bingo. Just another thing that Emiley will have to learn the hard way. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

EVERYONE in this clusterfuck acts like a bitchy teenager! Sweet tap dancing Jesus, everyone acts like they're in high school. To clarify, I do not think Diego's parents are prizes, at all. I meant that from Emiley's point of view they are nice to her (even if they shouldn't be talking smack about her mother) and don't pull out the tears, accusations, and guilt tripping Bridget does every five minutes. I'm sure from Emiley's perspective its restful. 

Bingo. Just another thing that Emiley will have to learn the hard way. 

100% agree with it all - and frankly Emillee (sp?) I would tread lightly in the "I will withhold the baby" line of thinking - many girls have wound up with 50/50 parenting time (or less) when ex BF's parents hire a shark lawyer.

Yes - everyone acts like they are in HS....for sure.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

100% agree with it all - and frankly Emillee (sp?) I would tread lightly in the "I will withhold the baby" line of thinking - many girls have wound up with 50/50 parenting time (or less) when ex BF's parents hire a shark lawyer.

Yes - everyone acts like they are in HS....for sure.

Sadly, it's the go to reaction a lot of the time when teens break up after making a baby. The mom's feelings are hurt because the fairytale family she imagined was just that, a fairytale. Once the baby's dad bails, sometimes they have no desire to see their child. If they're 18, the grandparents can't do much about it except try to maintain a good relationship with the baby's mother so they can continue to be active grandparents. If the child's father wants to parent his child and the mom refuses to let him see his kid, his folks could help with attorney's fees.

Mckayla tried that after one of their many breakups. She wouldn't let Caeden or Shelly see Timmy and also wanted to dictate what friends Shelly could have at her home while the baby was there. I'm ashamed to admit I read a bunch of it on Facebook. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

That type of parent just make things easier for people to continue to abuse their children--for life.  I believe (and hope) these pregnancies were all accidents--not planned.  Ignorant kids thinking they could play Russian Roulette and never get shot.

I think this is what’s happening. Diego’s parents appear to be supportive and nice but there was a smirk of enjoyment when Krista made that comment. Of course they’ve sided with their perfect son about how horrible Bridget is but they really shouldn’t comment on Emiley and Bridget’s relationship. 

Meanwhile Bridget is handling this whole thing terribly and making Emiley pull away even more instead of spending time at home. Emiley is likely very confused right now. She’s got this baby to care for, school and cheer. Her mother is exhausting and her boyfriend is very often an ass who helps with the baby when he chooses. She’s probably stressed out and exercising for cheer might help with that. I hope she gets the scholarship and is able to go to school. She and Diego won’t be together for the long haul anyway. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My heart hurts every time I hear a mom, teen or not, saying their baby is "crazy" or some other thing.  He is a BABY.  You are, in theory, the adult.

I am not a fan of Shannon - I am really 50/50 towards her, but:  if her dad is an active drinker he needs help.  Damaging your liver is serious shit and he needs medical help NOW.  We can all connect the dots that is Shannon had the life she had, Grandpa Tim and Quiet Wife  are they way THEY are with others plus McBabyMaker and her crap.....well there was a lot of stuff going on, interpersonally.

If he is a problem drinker (I define that as problems with the law, problems with employment, severe health issues or undue conflict with family) he should not be drinking at all.

She had people doing all that stuff for her all her life, why should she change now?

Per the poster who talked about playpen usage:  When I was scoping the "Teen Mom Youtube" channels, that seemed to be a biggie!!  Plop the baby in there, play with your phone.  Change diaper, give bottle, lather rinse repeat.

Emily's dress looked like a Canasta dress and she got a part time job serving at El Loro* Mexican eatery.  Except the servers at El Loro* look good.

*El Loro is an awesome Mexican eatery here in the Minneapolis suburbs,  I am in no way poking fun at El Loro.  I mean.......now I want to eat there adn it is 7:12 in the morning.

Yeah I thought her dress looked like no prom dress I had ever seen. And why oh why would she pick a dress with her belly showing when she had recently given birth (or even if she bought it before she gave birth she couldn't have thought she would lose all the weight by then). I don't think Diego should have said she looked "pudgy" (and she didn't) but that kind of dress is only good for super super skinny people.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

McCayla made a 20 minute youtube video, talking directly to the camera explaining what is on her 2nd baby shower list and why she wants it, and where to purchase the items.  Don't believe me?  Take a peek!  I also found some other from her "vlogging" about her day, what she buys at the grocery store, Timmy napping, her nails, her pedicure, her Coach shoes.....LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES?

I made it through about 5 mins as she talked about a $300 tandem stroller she wants. Meanwhile, the walls behind her need to be painted. She said she had grandma‘s phone so I’m assuming she’s at her grandparents. Spending her time making a wishlist for stuff the family can’t afford and I guess she expects her fans to get her stuff??? I couldn’t even watch the rest. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Completely agree. The resting bitch face comment was horrible and rude. Those 2 losers should be ashamed of themselves.

I can only hope that they watch every minute of the series and are humiliated.   I know they're a "safe place" for Emiley, but they need to TRY to be more neutral.   Also, NEVER say something negative about someone else's mother--no matter how much they complain about her.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I made it through about 5 mins as she talked about a $300 tandem stroller she wants. Meanwhile, the walls behind her need to be painted. She said she had grandma‘s phone so I’m assuming she’s at her grandparents. Spending her time making a wishlist for stuff the family can’t afford and I guess she expects her fans to get her stuff??? I couldn’t even watch the rest. 

I skipped through it and it was just the same over and over:  "I need a new baby monitor, this one retails for $199, you can get it through Amazon."  And on and on and ON!  I mean, she has NO shame.  She also wants a baby mat thing with arches over it with "a place for your phone so the baby can watch cartoons."  Yes because when my kids were babies, I was really into them watching cartoons when they were two months old.  She wants A LOT of higher end stuff - wonder if she ever slums it at the thrift store?  (And I am a thrifter who raised a thrifty son who works pt at the Goodwill!)

And in the interest of oversharing:

Why do people feel the need to overshare everything???

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, politichick said:

WHY was Chloe's little sister in the delivery room? I cannot think of one single reason for that unless the parents want it to be in object lesson about what not to do when you're 16.

I hope that was the reason! And I hope even more that it works!

• Love 2

I took one for the team on McBabyMaker's "Morning Routine" and here is how it goes:  1) Lay in bed with Timmy until 9am.  2) Feed Timmy a banana and dry cereal while he watched "Moanna" 3) Talk to the camera while Timmy watches more tv.  4) Timmy plays peek a boo for about 30 seconds then talk to the camera that you bought Almond Milk, blueberries and laundry detergent.  Riveting!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I would like to know more about the history of Emily and Bridget's relationship. Rather than being on a reality show, they should be in a therapist's office. Its sad to watch how unhappy they both are.  Just going off of what is shown (and lacking historical context), I will say that I have an ex-friend who Bridget reminds me of. When she would get her feelings hurt, she would get very angry and lash out at me. I knew her angry outbursts were based in hurt feelings, but they really got under my skin and I couldn't empathize with her because of it.  Its too bad Bridget hasn't learned how to regulate her emotions better.  I believe in the current circumstances she does have some legitimate reasons to be upset., but her delivery is pushing Emily away.  Emily looked genuinely hurt when she was crying on the couch next to her mom.  I think Diego's parents are doing a terrible disservice to Emily by saying the horrid things they say about Bridget. Oh, and finally, Diego is such a little shit.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

I believe in the current circumstances she does have some legitimate reasons to be upset., but her delivery is pushing Emily away. 

I'm amazed Emily still cares AT ALL about her mother.  I think this passive aggressive cruelty has been going on for at least ten years.  Emily fell into the trap long ago and thinks everything is her fault.  I wish I had the funds to send Bridget to a therapist (long term), a dentist, a hairdresser, and a wardrobe stylist.  Occasionally, I might have to hire someone to slap her face.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I agree!!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I skipped through it and it was just the same over and over:  "I need a new baby monitor, this one retails for $199, you can get it through Amazon."  And on and on and ON!  I mean, she has NO shame.  She also wants a baby mat thing with arches over it with "a place for your phone so the baby can watch cartoons."  Yes because when my kids were babies, I was really into them watching cartoons when they were two months old.  She wants A LOT of higher end stuff - wonder if she ever slums it at the thrift store?  (And I am a thrifter who raised a thrifty son who works pt at the Goodwill!)

Not only that, most of that stuff we wanted the first time around was pretty much mostly fairy gold. I got so much stuff I never used and didn't need. I gave a lot of it away before my kid turned one. McKayla wants to be Queen of the Shitsville Mall with her fancy stroller and designer diaper bag, so when she takes the kids out for the occasional airing, she can be the object of envy. She makes me sick. What a shallow, vapid, uncaring, self centered little witch she is.

6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I'm amazed Emily still cares AT ALL about her mother.  I think this passive aggressive cruelty has been going on for at least ten years.  Emily fell into the trap long ago and thinks everything is her fault.  I wish I had the funds to send Bridget to a therapist (long term), a dentist, a hairdresser, and a wardrobe stylist.  Occasionally, I might have to hire someone to slap her face.

Hahahahahaha! I laughed very loudly at this. Here, have a Bloody Mary.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Emily has participated in cheer and horseback riding....neither of which are cheap.  It appears Bridget was doing her best to give Emily a good life.  Now, there is a baby, and douchebag Diego in their lives.  I feel sorry for Bridget.  Emily looked like she was well dressed, groomed and well fed before Diego and his asswipe parents became involved.  Bridget, on the other hand, has had to let herself go.  This is her thanks?!?!?

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

No question there, of course he has or will.  But this is the first for his parents as well as for Bridget.  They're making the best of a bad situation.  Bridget is taking everything personally, even if it has nothing to do with her.  Bridget is a sad, sorry individual that gets a pony for Christmas and is mad because now she has to muck out the stall.  There doesn't appear to be anything in her life that gives her joy.  Nothing.  And she's projecting all of that on her 16 year old daughter who has more on her plate than one should rightfully expect.

What would it cost Bridget to get her head out of her a$$ and be supportive that, at least for the mess she's in, the 16 year old is doing the best she can?

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

This is her thanks?!?!?

I understand the position, honestly.  I paid cash for a college education for my daughter, bought expensive music instruments and paid for lessons as she was growing up.  She ended up leaving college with nine credits left in her music degree to get married and is now a hobby farmer, raising goats, rabbits and chickens, with four children of her own.  She is excelling at this in a way that I could've never imagined, with a small business selling the much-sought-after offspring of the rabbits and goats to a more than willing world.

As a parent, your goal is to put a contributing member of society out in to the world.  But that contributing member of society is out of your control, once certain conditions are met.  There is no rule out there that a child has to end up doing exactly what mom dreamed of, regardless of the cost.

I would never, ever treat my daughter anywhere close to the way Bridget treats her daughter.  

• Love 14

Wow, there's not a likeable one in this bunch!  They're all horrible people!  I can't help but give myself a pat on the back and thank my lucky stars that my children grew to be NICE people and live normal, productive lives! 

Watching this show is like peeling back a dirty nasty old rug to see what's underneath. 

Edited by suzeecat
clarity
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, b2H said:

No question there, of course he has or will.  But this is the first for his parents as well as for Bridget.  They're making the best of a bad situation.  Bridget is taking everything personally, even if it has nothing to do with her.  Bridget is a sad, sorry individual that gets a pony for Christmas and is mad because now she has to muck out the stall.  There doesn't appear to be anything in her life that gives her joy.  Nothing.  And she's projecting all of that on her 16 year old daughter who has more on her plate than one should rightfully expect.

What would it cost Bridget to get her head out of her a$$ and be supportive that, at least for the mess she's in, the 16 year old is doing the best she can?

Re bolded: I think it would cost her weekly trips to a good family therapist, along with some sessions for both her and Emiley together--no snark.

I have some empathy for Bridget while still feeling for Emiley. I'm not willing to write Bridget off as a "bad mother" or speculate that this MUST be a culmination of years and years of emotional abuse by Bridget. I don't know. However, my opinion is that Bridget and her daughter were very close, perhaps too close, and then --Diego. And then-- teen pregnancy. Someone as high-strung as Bridget seems to be would not be able to handle this is the best manner.

It's easy for Krista and her husband (forget his name) to deal with Emiley--she's not their daughter. Wonder if they had a daughter who got pregnant in high school with someone like their son if they'd be so understanding and calm?

• Love 10
10 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Holy moly! That video of Caelen! I didn't think it was possible but, he uses literally even more than a Kartrashian?

I actually felt a smidgen of sympathy for Caelen here. McKayla's too spoiled and immature to have a real relationship. Yes, she's young but it's insane to think Laura and Tylor have more of a stable relationship than these two. I'll bet Caelen didn't care about birth control because another baby means he has that much more of a hold on McKayla. They're willingly setting their lives up for disaster - and the lives of their children. 

7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Hilarious. That's a job perk I wouldn't mind.

38 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Emily has participated in cheer and horseback riding....neither of which are cheap.  It appears Bridget was doing her best to give Emily a good life.  Now, there is a baby, and douchebag Diego in their lives.  I feel sorry for Bridget.  Emily looked like she was well dressed, groomed and well fed before Diego and his asswipe parents became involved.  Bridget, on the other hand, has had to let herself go.  This is her thanks?!?!?

I wonder about this. I'm not sure Bridget is the one who has paid for all of this. It makes no sense that she'd be sacrificing for such an expensive hobby when her teeth are in such a state. I wonder if Grandma or Aunt LaKasta has been the one footing the bill for some of Emiley's extracurriculars throughout the year. Judging from what we've seen of Bridget's house, it looks as if she's barely holding it down.That might be part of her problem, feeling inadequate as a mother because she couldn't give Emiley everything. And now it's happening all over again with the baby and Diego's parents.

• Love 5

I know this is a minority opinion but I don’t understand all the Bridgette hate. Emily is not a self supporting adult yet and she forked up by getting pregnant as a teen. Whose insurance paid for all those prenatal visits to the doctor and the nice hospital delivery? Who is putting a roof over Emily’s head right now? who pays for her lovely clothes? who bought that prom dress? who pays for the diapers?  I guarantee you Diego‘s parents aren’t paying for any of it. Emily has the luxury of cheerleading in college because she’s not working part time in the cafeteria or as a waitress while she tries to go to school.  If I were paying for everything you better believe I’d want some control over it.

In my opinion (and I realize a lot of people disagree with me) Emily is being incredibly ungrateful and shortsighted.

But I suppose if Emily wants to bite the hand that feeds her, that’s up to her.

• Love 18