Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Pretty much.  She posted screenshots of a picture of newborn Aria he posted on IG.  Some girl started flirting him up in the comments and he went along with it and it ended up with some dirty talk.  On a pic of his baby!  It was gross.  

Wowwwww. I do agree that this kid's head was blown up long before Emiley. He might be top shit in whatever little rinky school they go to.  I bet he had his pick of the girls and he's used to getting his way. Life's gonna hit him hard if he ever leaves that bubble.

• Love 8

It won’t be long until Diego has a new girlfriend.  If he hasn’t already cheated on Emily at least once I would be shocked. He’ll be a senior, Emily will be across town taking her college classes. He’ll want to be with girls at the same HS events as he is at.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, PityFree said:

It won’t be long until Diego has a new girlfriend.  If he hasn’t already cheated on Emily at least once I would be shocked. He’ll be a senior, Emily will be across town taking her college classes. He’ll want to be with girls at the same HS events as he is at.  

Yeah, this is Diego’s senior year, there will be a lot of activities and he’s probably playing football now—Emily is taking college classes and likely is the primary caregiver of her daughter. I can’t see Diego taking much time away from his activities to help out much. He posts pics of him and Aria (he still calls her Becket), but I doubt he is really doing any of the heavy lifting of parenting.

44 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Wowwwww. I do agree that this kid's head was blown up long before Emiley. He might be top shit in whatever little rinky school they go to.  I bet he had his pick of the girls and he's used to getting his way. Life's gonna hit him hard if he ever leaves that bubble.

I thought the same thing. If Diego goes to a large university or college, he’s not necessarily going to be top dog on campus. Frederick looks like a relatively small town.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Pretty much.  She posted screenshots of a picture of newborn Aria he posted on IG.  Some girl started flirting him up in the comments and he went along with it and it ended up with some dirty talk.  On a pic of his baby!  It was gross.  

Ewwww!  I finally joined the group - publicly - yesterday, so I will have to check it out today!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I'd bet that most teachers...and DEFINITELY coaches treated him as the cat's meow in his "formative years." 

As someone who works in education, I can tell you the Diegos of the world are very annoying.   Now coaches may be more lenient, especially if he is a good athlete.  Many though, have the outlook of "You are a smartass to your teachers?  You don't play."

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I think that's a valid reason for a break up.

Literally.....IT WAS!  Side note:  Carrie started saying all the time and was like, "DAMN!  I caught it!!"

6 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

That barbecue was painful to watch and somewhat creepy with all the guests sitting in a circle around the baby. I half expected Ruth Gordon to show up with a plate of deviled eggs and chocolate mousse for dessert.

Yes it was.....it was just beyond uncomfortable.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ewwww!  I finally joined the group - publicly - yesterday, so I will have to check it out today!

Yes, look for La Kasta, she posted them I think.  I comment quite a bit, I'm Renee L, so say hi if you decide to out yourself!  Haha. 

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Yep, it's pretty sad.  I don't know if any of this is spoiler material, but just in case...

Spoiler

Emiley says she now has a great boyfriend.  And in 4 months has shown her and Aria more respect than Diego ever did.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

As someone who works in education, I can tell you the Diegos of the world are very annoying.   Now coaches may be more lenient, especially if he is a good athlete.  Many though, have the outlook of "You are a smartass to your teachers?  You don't play."

Guess it hasn't permeated the Greater Phoenix Metro Area yet.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I was creeped out when Max said when Chloe is 18 she's all his and her family won't be allowed to see her, she and the baby are not property. I was also annoyed that he tried to play off the robbery as it was no big deal. He really thinks it was okay to steal from his friends grandmother.

I was proud of Chloe’s stepfather for not beating the crap out of Max when Max told him to go ahead and just bite his tongue.  God, I hope he isn’t on the birth certificate.

• Love 10

McKayla's grandparents (and all the other parents of this franchise frankly) really need to draw the line at one accidental pregnancy. You get one mistake for us to illustrate that we have your back and how strong our family ties are. Everybody gets one mistake. But getting knocked up again in a year or two isn't just stupidity, it's aggressive entitlement and a complete dissociation from everything you just went through. You hate your baby daddy? Too bad, you have to make coparenting work. You want to go to college? Cool, start commuting to community college and figure out day care that isn't mooching free babysitting off of our family. You wish you were dating a woman? Then why did you keep boning this loser? these kids have to learn that they can't just keep dumping babies on their family and living life exactly the same as they always have.

• Love 18
On 10/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, Luciano said:

20181028_225002.jpg

Poor kid... he really should probably just shave it.  Otherwise he looks like a tweaked out drug user. 

On 10/29/2018 at 12:28 PM, Former Nun said:

AND...that he may be "a father," but not "a dad."   Well, Grandpa...apparently you have been a GREAT "dad" to McKayla, providing everything she wants, everything she hints at wanting, giving her a luxurious lifestyle which even YOU and your wife don't have. Overlooking every snotty thing she says and does to everyone because she smiles at you and says she loves you.   Judge not, lest ye......

That was a big OUCH to me when he said that.... I didn't realize he didn't care for Caelin and considered him the same as a dead beat dad. Are they all giving him grief that he works all the time to support his family?????

• Love 5

McKayla is an insufferable little bitch. They would never do it, but the best thing her grandparents could do is tell her she can't move back in with them. You wanted to have a kid and live in your own place? Deal with it. You're stupid enough to not be using birth control? Deal with it. Her whining about all the things she can't do had me yelling at the TV. I wonder how the grandparents and great grandparents will handle raising two babies? Princess McKayla sits on her ass making stupid videos all day while Caelen works two jobs and  others take care of the poor kids she makes. Brat  needs reality to whap her hard upside her empty head.

That was the world's most uncomfortable barbecue. It was nice of Grandma to lead the family therapy session and I was happy to hear Bridget say she knows she has a problem and that she wants to work on it. I hope she goes to therapy with Emily and they can work through things. With smartass Diego out of the picture, they might be able to have a decent relationship.

Max is truly scary. Minimizing the fact that he robbed an old lady while she slept and threatening to take Chloe and the baby away was some psycho stuff. If I was Chloe's step father, I would have told him to get out of my house the minute he made the remark about biting his tongue.

• Love 18

Grandpa Tim and his wife (who DO NOT look like they are in their 50's--sorry!) are in a huge pickle, similar to one my own in-laws experienced. They want to see the baby, want to have a connection with him, but if they throw McKayla out they may not be able to see Timmy any longer. If they acquiesce to every one of McKayla's whims, she stays in the house and they can see Timmy. McKayla knows this. What a disaster for everyone (except McKayla).

• Love 10
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That’s Bridget’s house, they’ve showed it before - Emily still lives at home.

Then does Bridget have somewhere else to stay? Because I swear there's been a few occasions where Emily has said something like, "My mom hasn't come around much lately."

• Love 8
20 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Grandpa Tim and his wife (who DO NOT look like they are in their 50's--sorry!) are in a huge pickle, similar to one my own in-laws experienced. They want to see the baby, want to have a connection with him, but if they throw McKayla out they may not be able to see Timmy any longer. If they acquiesce to every one of McKayla's whims, she stays in the house and they can see Timmy. McKayla knows this. What a disaster for everyone (except McKayla).

He's in his 50s. She's in her 60s. And they would both look better and less weird if they would stop dying their hair so dark! It's got that give-away purplish hue that happens when ppl overcolor their white hair. 

On 10/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, Luciano said:

20181028_225002.jpg

It was just a birthmark?? But his entire cranium is lopsided and caved in on top.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:38 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why the HELL did they buy a teenager a $3,000 bed?  I've noticed that her grandmother looks like those people who have terrible teeth and never show them.  I can't help but think they need to reconsider how they allocate their money:  teeth, yes;  $3,000 beds and weddings for teenagers, no.

If anyone could benefit from a make over, it would be Cindy!

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

So Emily is trashing Diego in the FB group?

I joined that damn group just to see that exchange and couldn't find anything.  All it shows is her liking some posts saying she's the prettiest and bestest teen mom that ever mommed.  And Fabian just likes any comment slamming Brigit because he's clearly mature.

• Love 1

Bridget has a different last name than Emiley and on her (Bridget's) FB page there are a couple of photos with a man with the same last name. I think she is (or was) married or remarried to this man --(I don't know if she was ever married to Emiley's father). Also, there are pics of Bridget graduating from a college that only issues BSN degrees that are fairly recent--so I think she does have other things going on besides just fixating on Emiley. The show doesn't really address Emiley's living and family situation very well, imo.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Yes, look for La Kasta, she posted them I think.  I comment quite a bit, I'm Renee L, so say hi if you decide to out yourself!  Haha. 

I will look for you!  

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I joined that damn group just to see that exchange and couldn't find anything.  All it shows is her liking some posts saying she's the prettiest and bestest teen mom that ever mommed.  And Fabian just likes any comment slamming Brigit because he's clearly mature.

I found a few good exchanges.  Emily does mention that Diego doesn't help at all - he sees the baby here and there but no financial help.  SHOCKER!  A lot of people talk about how awful Fabian and Krista are, there were some fat comments.  Emily's grandma is on and she seems to be trying to keep the peace.  Fabian is an asshole.

I love how most of the posters hate Jessica.  They hate McKayla with a fiery passion!  They also make fun of Shannon a lot - love that!

Someone posted a picture of Shannon's husband or boyfriend and he is so gross!  

42 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Bridget has a different last name than Emiley and on her (Bridget's) FB page there are a couple of photos with a man with the same last name. I think she is (or was) married or remarried to this man --(I don't know if she was ever married to Emiley's father). Also, there are pics of Bridget graduating from a college that only issues BSN degrees that are fairly recent--so I think she does have other things going on besides just fixating on Emiley. The show doesn't really address Emiley's living and family situation very well, imo.

I think Emily's aunt mentioned that Bridget was married for a few years but that they have been separated for the last 2 years.  She was probably also going through the separation while filming, so no wonder she is an emotional mess.  I am sure things are better now that Diego and his asshole parents are out of the day to day picture.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I joined it too -so far not much dirt.  No one like McBabyMaker, that is for sure!

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion but I think Caelen is getting a good edit, which isn't difficult given McKayla & crew...

Reason I feel this way is because it's been mentioned by both McK & Caelen that he has a habit of hanging with his friends. It's one thing to have a guy night, but quite another to be out most nights after working & not coming home to the family he's helping create.  I understand he's working a lot but he also has a responsibility to be present AMAP for his fiance & kid(s). He may just be headed toward, if not already, becoming one of those men who thinks their responsibilities begin & end with bringing home a paycheck, & feel they have a right to do whatever they want otherwise, which is complete crap & harmful to the family.

Also, it may have been earlier this season or last, but he's also been disrespectful toward Tim, who has done a lot for him as well. All said I know McKayla is a brat & the grands are enabling & spoiling, but I'm doubting Mr. Caelen is 'Mr. Perfect just working hard all day guy'.

And that said I'm glad they're not marrying. They have no business being married given how immature both of them are - they're not ready & better skip it than divorce later.  Too bad for the kids they have parents like this as I'm not holding my breath for either one growing up anytime soon.

But Miss McK has to realize her kids have family & can't be withholding them from anyone just out of spite. I sincerely doubt she'd withhold from the grands though as she can't survive w/o them. It's Shelly & Caelen who may always be at risk of McK's game playing & will have to watch their step with her or shell out the money for a good attorney.

Sad situation.

Side note - I don't know why the grands are being referred to as 'in their 50s' - Cindy is 60 & Tim is 59, if not 60 by the time of this showing (TLC has been known to not update ages).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

McKayla's grandparents (and all the other parents of this franchise frankly) really need to draw the line at one accidental pregnancy. You get one mistake for us to illustrate that we have your back and how strong our family ties are. Everybody gets one mistake. But getting knocked up again in a year or two isn't just stupidity, it's aggressive entitlement and a complete dissociation from everything you just went through. You hate your baby daddy? Too bad, you have to make coparenting work. You want to go to college? Cool, start commuting to community college and figure out day care that isn't mooching free babysitting off of our family. You wish you were dating a woman? Then why did you keep boning this loser? these kids have to learn that they can't just keep dumping babies on their family and living life exactly the same as they always have.

I agree, except I think they should draw the line at zero accidental pregnancies.  I honestly don't see why they should be expected to make coparenting work only after the second baby, or figure out day care that isn't mooching free babysitting only after the second baby.  Maybe if their parents had drawn a harder line after the first baby, and made them do these reasonable things from the get-go, there wouldn't be a second baby.  And there are a lot of second babies for teen moms.

As for McKayla in particular, it totally bugged me when she was bemoaning being pregnant again, saying she didn't have any choice.  Excuse me???  She had choices when she conceived, and she has choices now.  She's making choices every step of the way--choices that people, mostly women, have fought long and hard for many decades to give her.  Shut up, McKayla.

6 hours ago, cpcathy said:

That's what I mean when I've said everyone is taken hostage by a teen pregnancy.  It is monumentally unfair to everyone involved.

And as pointed out, only Tim is in his 50s, and just barely.  That said, they don't exactly look great for early 60s.  But I get it--from what we've seen, they've had a pretty hard go of it, and I'm very convinced that stress has a huge effect on people's looks, and it appears they've had it in spades.

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Then does Bridget have somewhere else to stay? Because I swear there's been a few occasions where Emily has said something like, "My mom hasn't come around much lately."

And I think Emiley said she invited her mom to the bbq, but couldn't swear to it.  But at some point I got the distinct impression they weren't living with Bridget, and that really is a shitty looking house for someone who's paying for cheer and horses.  Or maybe that's why she has a shitty house. 

Off topic, but I noticed that Emiley's grandma's name is Lisa.  I'm Grandma Lisa's age, and I have a friend from high school whose name is Lisa.  (Actually, several of my friends from high school were named Lisa.)  So my friend Lisa had a daughter who was in high school, and her daughter had a friend named Lisa, who declared that she hated her "old lady" name.  Ha!  I can agree with Bertha, or Hazel, or Mabel, but I never thought I'd see the day that somebody thinks Lisa is an old lady name.  My poor friend Lisa.  That really stung.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I blame his parents 100%.  They did not raise Diego to be respectful of others at all, and they enable him.

He is not cute.  I find him rather goofy looking. 

How do we know that he is good in all sports?  

I imagine he is just as disrespectful to his teachers as he is to Bridget.  He thinks he’s the bomb!  ?

He, and his parents, are disgusting pieces of shit.  ?

I agree 100%. He’d last one day in my classroom before he’d end up in tears. 

The reason students act (or try to act with those of us who are teachers here) the way they do at school is because it is how they are allowed to act at home. I’d shut him down in a NY minute. 

@Mrs. Hanson and my fellow educators, we can also explain that we watch these shows for Professional Growth; at least that’s what I say when I have to explain it to anyone. It’s also partly true for me because I’m truly interested in the dynamics and patterns between parents, teens, the level of involvement that these “adults” have in their kids’ lives and WHY they haven’t had the “how you don’t get pregnant” talk!

It’s only an extra $2k per year (minus taxes) and it won’t make me a better teacher in any district’s eyes, but I’m one class short of my MA (it’s the actual “researching & writing the paper” class I need to take, which is super expensive). I was originally fine to walk away and not care, but I would love to explore the origins of these fools and/or anyone else on similar shows. Research should be fun, right?!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

I agree 100%. He’d last one day in my classroom before he’d end up in tears. 

The reason students act (or try to act with those of us who are teachers here) the way they do at school is because it is how they are allowed to act at home. I’d shut him down in a NY minute. 

@Mrs. Hanson and my fellow educators, we can also explain that we watch these shows for Professional Growth; at least that’s what I say when I have to explain it to anyone. It’s also partly true for me because I’m truly interested in the dynamics and patterns between parents, teens, the level of involvement that these “adults” have in their kids’ lives and WHY they haven’t had the “how you don’t get pregnant” talk!

It’s only an extra $2k per year (minus taxes) and it won’t make me a better teacher in any district’s eyes, but I’m one class short of my MA (it’s the actual “researching & writing the paper” class I need to take, which is super expensive). I was originally fine to walk away and not care, but I would love to explore the origins of these fools and/or anyone else on similar shows. Research should be fun, right?!

Whenever I see these folks on tv with their teens, it reminds me of the Will and Grace episode from the first run:  a student nurse (who looks about 18) is explaining to Grace why she doesn't drive:  "Oh I took the tests and everything, and......this is hard."  Totally reminds me of these tools like McBabymaker and Emillee:  "This is hard"  Or their parents on having teens who suddenly don't hang on every word you say!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I might have joined the wrong one. I had to reply that I knew the page was not for the sensitive.  

That's the one.  It's got Savage in the title.  There's been people who have joined and have gotten their panties in a wad because of posters "being mean" or the old "stop picking on kids".  That's against the rules.  We're there to snark.  There's also a sister group for 90 Day Fiance. 

16 hours ago, lezlers said:

You must have not read all the comments.  She's posted.  I'd start on the thread La Kasta posted about the newborn photo.  In that one alone, it's Emiley, La Kasta, Fabian and Diego's cousin all arguing.  There's not much fan girling that goes on. 

16 hours ago, eatsleep said:

If anyone could benefit from a make over, it would be Cindy!

I made a post about Cindy, in one scene it looks like she's got NO teeth in.  

ETA: McKayla made a Twitter poll yesterday, "if we get this house, should I surprise Caeden with a puppy or kitten?"  Is she out of her goddamn mind?  She shouldn't be in charge of a plant. I'm sick that she could be in charge of another living breathing thing.  

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

ETA: McKayla made a Twitter poll yesterday, "if we get this house, should I surprise Caeden with a puppy or kitten?"  Is she out of her goddamn mind?  She shouldn't be in charge of a plant. I'm sick that she could be in charge of another living breathing thing.  

Everything that girl does is for SM. She makes me ill. It's hard to believe I was rooting for her not that long ago. 

• Love 5

I’m over McKayla, too. She’s going to have two babies at 18? Now apparently she’s moving into a house—after living in an apartment and moving back with grandparents— wonder how long this will last.

She wants to become a social media/reality tv “star” by pumping out another baby and moving. 

Also, re: the puppy or kitten “surprise “—pets are a big responsibility money and time wise. Not a great idea for someone like her, imo. Also, how can it be a surprise if she posts it on Twitter?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Off topic, but I noticed that Emiley's grandma's name is Lisa.  I'm Grandma Lisa's age, and I have a friend from high school whose name is Lisa.  (Actually, several of my friends from high school were named Lisa.)  So my friend Lisa had a daughter who was in high school, and her daughter had a friend named Lisa, who declared that she hated her "old lady" name.  Ha!  I can agree with Bertha, or Hazel, or Mabel, but I never thought I'd see the day that somebody thinks Lisa is an old lady name.  My poor friend Lisa.  That really stung.

I hadn't noticed Emiley's grandma is named Lisa. My name is Lisa and I was born in 1972. I think Lisa was the 2nd most popular name for girls that year, however my parents thought it was a rare and unusual name and named me Lisa for that reason. But I have never heard of anyone born earlier than 1967 being named Lisa. I was sure the name was invented in 1967! Old ladies named Lisa!? hummmphh

Edited by eatsleep
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I hadn't noticed Emiley's grandma is named Lisa. My name is Lisa and I was born in 1972. I think Lisa was the 2nd most popular name for girls that year, however my parents thought it was a rare and unusual name and named me Lisa for that reason. But I have never heard of anyone born earlier than 1967 being named Lisa. I was sure the name was invented in 1967! Old ladies named Lisa!? hummmphh

That's funny.  My cousin is a Lisa, also born in 1972 (I'm a 1973 baby).  But remember a few years ago they had that story of "Baby Lisa" being taken from her home in the middle of the night?  I remember thinking, "who names their baby Lisa this day and age?" And I like the name, I always told my cousin I wished I was named that (her middle name is my first name).  It just all of a sudden sounded funny for a baby.  Like my parents age of Linda, Patricia, Barbara.  My generation had a ton of Lisa's, Jennifer, Vicky.  Even names we're seeing on teens these days are dying down for the new batch of trendy names.  You're not seeing as many McKayla's, Taylors, Ashleys.

What McKayla needs to surprise Caelin with is an IUD.  She needs therapy, not a puppy.  She's just an idiot of the worst kind. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Adiba said:

14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And I think Emiley said she invited her mom to the bbq, but couldn't swear to it.  But at some point I got the distinct impression they weren't living with Bridget, and that really is a shitty looking house for someone who's paying for cheer and horses.  Or maybe that's why she has a shitty house. 

I watched a video of Emiley carving pumpkins with her daughter and she confirmed that she lives alone. Diego lived with her for the summer but now he's moved back with his parents to "focus on school." I wonder how long she's been living on her own. I'm kinda shocked that Diego was living with her at 17 but *shrugs* his parents probably couldn't stop him even if they'd tried.

That house looks sad and I wonder why Emiley and Bridget wouldn't pool resources until the child had some money saved??  I moved out when I was young but my mother and I weren't getting along. I wonder if that had anything to do with why Emiley's on her own. Or maybe the stepdad situation?? Out of everyone I feel the most for her. 

Edited to add: Now that we have this information this makes the scene with Diego's mom even more ridiculous. If they were living together (or had until school started) then she'd be a fool not to believe they weren't having plenty of unprotected sex whenever the baby was cooperating. They didn't need her condoms.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 1

Sorry I'm confused. I know Caelen works, & McK is probably getting something out of all her SM'ing, so they may have resources to buy a home, but how is Emiley paying for rent, school, & presumably, some kind of care for the baby?  I marvel...

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I hadn't noticed Emiley's grandma is named Lisa. My name is Lisa. I think Lisa was the 2nd most popular name for girls the year I was born, however my parents thought it was a rare and unusual name and named me Lisa for that reason. But I have never heard of anyone born earlier than 1967 being named Lisa. I was sure the name was invented in 1967! Old ladies named Lisa!? hummmphh

I love looking at names from days gone by.  (Current names don't interest me much.)  There's all kinds of data about names on the Social Security Administration website.  You can go here and look at the most popular names for the last 100 years:

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/decades/century.html

Lisa is #13--there are almost a million of y'all.  And it's a good name to search because there's only one significant spelling of it.  Debra and Deborah are listed separately, as are Katherine, Catherine, and Kathryn (and would you include Kathleen?), which can disguise the apparently popularity of those names.  That's also one reason searching current names isn't much fun--way too many spellings; a note in the website about the data says, "Caitlin, Caitlyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Kaitlynn, Katelyn, and Katelynn are considered separate names and each has its own rank."

You can watch the popularity of Lisa by going here and putting it in the box for "Popularity of a Name" and clicking on "1900 and later":

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/index.html

It started coming on strong in about 1950.

And speaking of popularity, get a load of this (I apologize if it makes your eyes bleed):

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/rankchange.html

21 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

What McKayla needs to surprise Caelin with is an IUD.  She needs therapy, not a puppy.  She's just an idiot of the worst kind. 

If it's any consolation, I have no doubt the puppy will be sporting a "therapy dog" jacket, so she can take it anywhere she wants.  She's wrong, of course, but that never stopped McKayla.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I love looking at names from days gone by.  (Current names don't interest me much.)  There's all kinds of data about names on the Social Security Administration website.  You can go here and look at the most popular names for the last 100 years:

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/decades/century.html

Lisa is #13--there are almost a million of y'all.  And it's a good name to search because there's only one significant spelling of it.  Debra and Deborah are listed separately, as are Katherine, Catherine, and Kathryn (and would you include Kathleen?), which can disguise the apparently popularity of those names.  That's also one reason searching current names isn't much fun--way too many spellings; a note in the website about the data says, "Caitlin, Caitlyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Kaitlynn, Katelyn, and Katelynn are considered separate names and each has its own rank."

You can watch the popularity of Lisa by going here and putting it in the box for "Popularity of a Name" and clicking on "1900 and later":

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/index.html

It started coming on strong in about 1950.

And speaking of popularity, get a load of this (I apologize if it makes your eyes bleed):

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/rankchange.html

If it's any consolation, I have no doubt the puppy will be sporting a "therapy dog" jacket, so she can take it anywhere she wants.  She's wrong, of course, but that never stopped McKayla.

This is fascinating. But confusing. There are more Lisas than Melissas, Heathers, Christines, Kimberlys, Michelles, Angelas, etc. But all those other names kept going strong from the 70s until 2000 and beyond (even longer for Angela). While Lisa seemed to enjoy only about 12 years of popularity.

Yeah, the current names seem so tedious and pretentious imo. And they seem so alike one another or actually rhyme w/ one another. Time to bring back some oldies but goodies (Phyllis, Wendy, Veronica, Bart) or invent some cool new ones. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

This is fascinating. But confusing. There are more Lisas than Melissas, Heathers, Christines, Kimberlys, Michelles, Angelas, etc. But all those other names kept going strong from the 70s until 2000 and beyond (even longer for Angela). While Lisa seemed to enjoy only about 12 years of popularity.

Yeah, the current names seem so tedious and pretentious imo. And they seem so alike one another or actually rhyme w/ one another. Time to bring back some oldies but goodies (Phyllis, Wendy, Veronica, Bart) or invent some cool new ones. 

Bringing this to small talk...

30 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What McKayla wants, McKayla gets.  She's special.  And if you don't like it, she'll cry.  

ETA: There is no small talk.  Welp, never mind that.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I’m over McKayla, too. She’s going to have two babies at 18? Now apparently she’s moving into a house—after living in an apartment and moving back with grandparents— wonder how long this will last.

She wants to become a social media/reality tv “star” by pumping out another baby and moving

Also, re: the puppy or kitten “surprise “—pets are a big responsibility money and time wise. Not a great idea for someone like her, imo. Also, how can it be a surprise if she posts it on Twitter?

If she ever ends up on Dancing with the Stars (because they sadly now cast “celebs” who “work” as Social Influencers & YouTube Personalities), I will riot.

I just can’t with her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

ETA: There is no small talk.  Welp, never mind that.

There's a Chit Chat thread in Everything Else, but I don't see much overlap between the people there and the people who post here. 

There's also Pet Peeves, if you're talking about current names.  Or if I were talking about current names, anyway.

12 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

There's a Chit Chat thread in Everything Else, but I don't see much overlap between the people there and the people who post here. 

There's also Pet Peeves, if you're talking about current names.  Or if I were talking about current names, anyway.

That's weird.  For Unexpected I see this episodes one, the girls and the boys.  Unless there's a general one for the whole site? 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bridget said:

If she ever ends up on Dancing with the Stars (because they sadly now cast “celebs” who “work” as Social Influencers & YouTube Personalities), I will riot.

I just can’t with her. 

I think McKayla is too lazy to dance. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think McKayla is too lazy to dance. 

24 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I just can’t with her. 

Can you imagine her putting those 12 hours practices 7 days a week?  Well, it would give her an excuse not to parent.

If she ended up on there, I'd be done.  I know I watch both but Unexpected is more of a hate watch while DWTS is a nice, entertaining escape from real life.  So please don't. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That's the one.  It's got Savage in the title.  There's been people who have joined and have gotten their panties in a wad because of posters "being mean" or the old "stop picking on kids".  That's against the rules.  We're there to snark.  There's also a sister group for 90 Day Fiance. 

You must have not read all the comments.  She's posted.  I'd start on the thread La Kasta posted about the newborn photo.  In that one alone, it's Emiley, La Kasta, Fabian and Diego's cousin all arguing.  There's not much fan girling that goes on. 

I made a post about Cindy, in one scene it looks like she's got NO teeth in.  

Just found it.  You've done the lord's work, my friend.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, eatsleep said:

I know a Lisa born in the 50’s.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That's funny.  My cousin is a Lisa, also born in 1972 (I'm a 1973 baby).  But remember a few years ago they had that story of "Baby Lisa" being taken from her home in the middle of the night?  I remember thinking, "who names their baby Lisa this day and age?" And I like the name, I always told my cousin I wished I was named that (her middle name is my first name).  It just all of a sudden sounded funny for a baby.  Like my parents age of Linda, Patricia, Barbara.  My generation had a ton of Lisa's, Jennifer, Vicky.  Even names we're seeing on teens these days are dying down for the new batch of trendy names.  You're not seeing as many McKayla's, Taylors, Ashleys.

I don't know if anyone here watches Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.  It is really funny.  They had a whole thing on there about a baby named Linda.  It was said that Linda is not a baby name, Linda is a woman who works in HR.  I'm not explaining it well, but it was really funny.

5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I watched a video of Emiley carving pumpkins with her daughter and she confirmed that she lives alone. Diego lived with her for the summer but now he's moved back with his parents to "focus on school." I wonder how long she's been living on her own. I'm kinda shocked that Diego was living with her at 17 but *shrugs* his parents probably couldn't stop him even if they'd tried.

That house looks sad and I wonder why Emiley and Bridget wouldn't pool resources until the child had some money saved??  I moved out when I was young but my mother and I weren't getting along. I wonder if that had anything to do with why Emiley's on her own. Or maybe the stepdad situation?? Out of everyone I feel the most for her. 

Where is the video of Emily?  Is she on youtube too?

In an earlier episode, they definitely showed Emily and Bridget at that tiny little house when she was pregnant.  She was sitting around with her friends complaining about Diego.  Why would she move out before having the baby?  Maybe the tiny little house is Bridget's and Emily moved into an apartment?

• Love 2

And I saw one of the Grandmothers using a piggy back washer dryer. All the houses except Jessica looks really small. They are hoping and praying for that good Teen Mom Cashola. Good luck girls. Y'all are already behind the eight ball.