Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The boys in particular are a truly unprepossessing lot. Jesus, pickings are slim in the heartland.

PREACH-!

So Bridget’s arrest was 14 years ago?  Meh! ?

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

PREACH-!

So Bridget’s arrest was 14 years ago?  Meh! ?

Yeah, I thought it was recent. 14 years ago, Emiley was 4. That's a long time to go back if that's the only thing she's ever done. ??‍♀️

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

This is my problem with teenage sex.  None of these guys look like foreplay masters. I would bet 2 shiny quarters that these girls get very little enjoyment out of these sexfests.  Of course the condoms hurt, Calen has no clue that you have to  pre-heat an oven before you get to baking. 

Sadly some men never learn that. 

This gave me a good laugh and I totally agree. I somehow think that Calen's mum might have spoken to him about foreplay, though, once she discovered they were having sex, but McKayla acts lie she doesn't really care for physical intimacy.

Chloe is a complete brat and I don't blame her parents for not buying a car for her that Max in a desperate moment might steal or otherwise use improperly. Someone mentioned they thought it was mean that they made  her go to the school for knocked-up girls, and I don't blame them for that, either. They wanted her to have some idea of what she was going to have to deal with rather than living in fantasy land at her former school, where she was going to experience extreme disappointment over the things that she would miss out on. And because she lives in a nice home and they don't have the same money concerns that some of the others might have, the dozy brat needs as many reality checks as she can get. She was rude to her parents and is lucky they didn't cuss her out on stage.

Dieago's parents proved themselves to be the douches I always thought they were. And I bet that they will be pushing him off to college and not the community type that Emily probably attends but one in which he will get to live in a dorm and have the full experience. She's silly, though, and Bridget needs to come to an agreement with them about $$$.

Loved when Caelen said, "Diego, my dude. What is wrong with you, dude?" Even his young self was amazed by the idiot's idiotic attitude. The other kids trying to get them to reunite, though, was stupid, but then again they were thinking with their teenage brains.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, politichick said:

Chloe is a complete brat and I don't blame her parents for not buying a car for her that Max in a desperate moment might steal or otherwise use improperly.

Max would end up stealing the car and selling it for drugs. Maybe he and Shady Shayden can get a prison cell together.

I wanted to slap Diego AND his horrific parents. Anyone have the tiniest of violins ready when Krista was talking about how poor Diego was entitled to all the fun and excitement of his senior year? You know, the stuff that Emiley couldn’t do during her senior year because she was pregnant with your wonderful son’s child?  Yep, that kid oozes entitlement. Krista excusing her usurpation (is that a word?) of Emiley with “well, Emiley kept asking me to do stuff and it never occurred to me that I was freezing Bridget out” is complete bull. Krista LOVED that Emiley wasn’t including Bridget. I’ll take passive aggressive for $300, Alex. If Krista were a nice person, she would have told Emiley that she felt uncomfortable not having Bridget around to pick out prom dresses or cheerleading tryouts. Total B.S.

Maybe McKayla does want to convert to Orthodox Judaism. That group tends to pop out babies left and right (not being judgmental. I have no problem with folks having a lot of kids as long as the kids are well taken care of and it isn’t my tax dollars underwriting it all). 

The bottom line with all these kids is that I hate nothing more than a 17 year old who thinks s/he knows everything there is to know about everything. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

The kids are all dysfunctional, so it figures they would think a dopey look = love & care. I don't think Emiley was buying it (hopefully).

Emiley may not want money from any of them so she can make a break. I doubt Diego will care enough to push for visitation; he has to be a teenager & all, you know - he's busy. That's most likely why he doesn't know how to do anything for the baby; he's probably not interested to even be teachable. And if he's that nasty to Emiley he'll be abusing Aria eventually; I wouldn't trust him at all either. I totally agree with Emiley, who seems to have woken up to reality, that he's not a good father figure & hope she finds a good one someday.

Diego's parents are no better & I wouldn't trust them either. Emiley will need to stay alert with that bunch for Aria.

Typically women lose hair after delivery, so I wonder if McK has some other health issues.

Laura's a bit smug but then Tyler can be too; they will both be off the know-it-all throne's someday. I think Laura has a great family & Tyler's mom seems great too.

I'm kind of tired of the rest of them.

Kelsey acts just like one of the teens.

Bridget looks lost & sad; always has the same look as in her mugshots. Her eyes are dull & lifeless - I think she's been through bad stuff.

These shows are meant to look loose & open but are so controlled. I think Ricki did the best she could with what she had & I like her. At least she didn't do any idiotic looks into the camera like that Shawn lady does.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9

Before McKayla's official explanation for wearing her (fright) wig, I'd heard that she actually cut it short because of a perm gone bad. I wonder if she's fudging the truth to avoid blowback about perming while pregnant, which you're not supposed to do. (Edit: I googled this and found it's no longer considered unsafe, but if I thought so, other people probably did as well). She likes to refer to a lot of mysterious "problems" as cover for her various odd behaviors.

BTW, there is some interesting stuff going on in the FB group if you like cast participation. Fabian, Emiley, Lisa (Emiley's grandma) and some random relative of Diego's are brawling over whether the Reyes family pays child support. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I doubt Diego will care enough to push for visitation; he has to be a teenager & all, you know

He strikes me as the one who will want the baby between noon and 3, you know, naptime, then  complain on FB how hard it is to be a "single dad."

13 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I wanted to slap Diego AND his horrific parents. Anyone have the tiniest of violins ready when Krista was talking about how poor Diego was entitled to all the fun and excitement of his senior year? You know, the stuff that Emiley couldn’t do during her senior year because she was pregnant with your wonderful son’s child?  Yep, that kid oozes entitlement.

100% this.

Per the "you don't talk about abortion to a woman."  Yeah, yeah you do, as one of many options.  I think this:  That was Diego's first thought but did not express it, he never cared for Bridget and when he saw how upset Emily got, he milked that truck for EVERYTHING.  

• Love 20

Interesting to see the difference in Smirky Laura vs all the others. The Barron bunch may not be perfect but at least there appears to be respect on all sides. Can you imagine Punk Diego sauntering into Chez Barron with his nasty attitude  ?

Krista is full of it. Sure, she didn't know there was a problem with Bridget. 

McK and her tribe are so focused on this nonsense - should they break up or shouldn't they ? My God, people, you should be paralyzed with fear for the future - how will these 2 young adults support the now 2 children they are bringing into the world, with their limited education and skills.

Emilie really is a beautiful girl and I hope she stays away from Diego. She can still make it right with her mom and lead a productive life.

Lexus could not clean up even a little bit to be on the reunion..

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I did enjoy seeing Rikki Lake again. It took my back to middle school.  Afternoons at 3 pm to be exact.  

Looking back, that seems so earrrlly. I used to run home from the bus stop so I could catch the last half hour. LOL.

11 hours ago, bref said:

BTW, there is some interesting stuff going on in the FB group if you like cast participation. Fabian, Emiley, Lisa (Emiley's grandma) and some random relative of Diego's are brawling over whether the Reyes family pays child support. 

The group is totally wild. Diego and his family are beyond stupid. The other people on this show are smart enough to  at least not say anything even in they lurk. 

27 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

McK and her tribe are so focused on this nonsense - should they break up or shouldn't they ? My God, people, you should be paralyzed with fear for the future - how will these 2 young adults support the now 2 children they are bringing into the world, with their limited education and skills.

Emilie really is a beautiful girl and I hope she stays away from Diego. She can still make it right with her mom and lead a productive life.

Lexus and Shayden are so trashy. Poor Scarlett is so beautiful but her family (including grandma)...

I wonder what jobs Caelan is working and if there's any chance he could move up or maybe get one job that pays more so he can work less hours. I understand McKayla getting "bored" while he's at work all day but hooking up with some new guy and having him around her son within a week of breaking up??? Something tells me there's more to this story.

• Love 8

All those babies? In all likelihood, they will be teenage parents just like their parents before them. It’s a rhetorical question, but do you think any damn one of those kids even thinks about how they plan to stop the family tradition of teenage pregnancy? <crickets>

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, bref said:

I don't know if it's me or if people are deleting their posts on FB but this is the second time someone mentioned some type of brawl on FB between Diego's relatives and Emiley's. Last week I scrolled through over 100 posts under a comment and saw maybe 3 posts between La Kasta and Emiley and nothing from Fabian. Today I did the same thing: Emiley posted about Diego not paying for stuff and there are about 150 replies: a few from La Kasta and a couple from Emiley. I don't see Diego's family represented. It's too much of a pain in the ass to have to scroll through the opinions of strangers in order to try to find the stuff from family. When I want the opinions of strangers, I come here!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bref said:

Before McKayla's official explanation for wearing her (fright) wig, I'd heard that she actually cut it short because of a perm gone bad. I wonder if she's fudging the truth to avoid blowback about perming while pregnant, which you're not supposed to do. (Edit: I googled this and found it's no longer considered unsafe, but if I thought so, other people probably did as well). She likes to refer to a lot of mysterious "problems" as cover for her various odd behaviors.

With all her behaviors I would think the last thing bothering her is how people feel about a pregnancy perm - do they even do perms anymore?  I think she has curly hair, judging by some of her TH's, & flat irons it like so many. I have curly hair & don't do that as it'd be extremely damaging. Plus she was dyeing it I think, which is also damaging (so do I & have to condition beyond belief).

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think this:  That was Diego's first thought but did not express it, he never cared for Bridget and when he saw how upset Emily got, he milked that truck for EVERYTHING.  

He will do that with absolutely everything & will drag the poor kid into as well; he's toxic.

1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

Krista is full of it. Sure, she didn't know there was a problem with Bridget. 

She's absolutely a liar. They asked her about Bridget throughout the season & she commented on her, even saying she had an RBF.  Krista's a bitch who knew exactly what she was up to - Fabien as well.

Speaking of Fabien, he wanted Diego to keep his mouth shut because he seems to realize how bad he looks & the kind of public hole he's dug for himself. I also thought Fabien was snippy about Emiley's job - "Emiley has a job?" - that comment was taken by many as he doesn't know what's going on in her life, which might be possible, but I thought he was insinuating she might be lying. He sat stone faced while Emiley cried about having him as a 'father' around for her events; what a prick. They are certainly Diego's parents & have nothing to be proud of with their own behavior as well.

At least they cleaned up her makeup & got the bangs out of her eyes.  

Kelsey's outfit was out of place. It's obvious she has tremendous boobage which could've been packed away better for the Tell All, but then I see her as wanting to appear young & hip & maybe even get the teen boys thinking she's hot.  Her own bf isn't much older than them so it's possible given how immaturely she behaves.

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I wonder what jobs Caelan is working and if there's any chance he could move up or maybe get one job that pays more so he can work less hours. I understand McKayla getting "bored" while he's at work all day but hooking up with some new guy and having him around her son within a week of breaking up??? Something tells me there's more to this story.

Definitely, agree.

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Lexus and Shayden are so trashy. Poor Scarlett is so beautiful but her family (including grandma)...

57 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

All those babies? In all likelihood, they will be teenage parents just like their parents before them. It’s a rhetorical question, but do you think any damn one of those kids even thinks about how they plan to stop the family tradition of teenage pregnancy? <crickets>

Yes, & there's just so much history here with these families. Someone probably has to break away & do things very differently to promote change.

I wish there had been a question posed to all about how they intend to break the cycle of teen pregnancy in the family. Then we would see all the stupid, blank expressions & listen to awkward dead air...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I don't know if it's me or if people are deleting their posts on FB but this is the second time someone mentioned some type of brawl on FB between Diego's relatives and Emiley's. Last week I scrolled through over 100 posts under a comment and saw maybe 3 posts between La Kasta and Emiley and nothing from Fabian. Today I did the same thing: Emiley posted about Diego not paying for stuff and there are about 150 replies: a few from La Kasta and a couple from Emiley. I don't see Diego's family represented. It's too much of a pain in the ass to have to scroll through the opinions of strangers in order to try to find the stuff from family. When I want the opinions of strangers, I come here!

I’m going to make this clear rn since everyone is fighting! I asked for Diego to help out with his daughter physically. When we were together he hardly would hold his daughter much less interact with her. Now he has stepped up and sees his daughter. He gets ARIA Monday and Wednesday evenings. And every other Saturday. Yes, I have stated that I would like Diego to get a job and help out more. Yes, I did ask for help to pay the electric bill on the house that Diego lived in by himself for the month of service being paid. Diego refused to help pay it so I asked his dad to help. While living together Diego would refuse to pay bills or help pay for anything his daughter needed. Oh and also still to this day when I ask Diego to help out with stuff he tells me to ask his parents. And by NO means I’m perfect I have many flaws, but I will ALWAYS do what is best for Aria.So lastly I love my daughter unconditionally and I want what is best for her in life, so I had to remove us from a situation that was negative and harmful.

Emiley posted the above to the FB group. I couldn't figure out a way to post a link. For me, if Krista and Fabian said they wanted their precious child to have his senior year and they would provide financial support, that'd be one thing. If that's the case I think Emiley should take the money and let that be an arrangement between the Reyes family. 

On another thread Fabian or some random relative was bragging about how Diego was earning credits towards becoming an STNA (or something related) while still in high school. And LaKasta actually commented that he's good at it (because people were saying there was no way in hell they'd want that asshole caring for their family. lol). So maybe he'll have a job after he gets out of school? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Emiley posted the above to the FB group. I couldn't figure out a way to post a link. For me, if Krista and Fabian said they wanted their precious child to have his senior year and they would provide financial support, that'd be one thing. If that's the case I think Emiley should take the money and let that be an arrangement between the Reyes family. 

I think Krista said on the tell all something like "This is Diego's senior year. If you want him to contribute money, that's something we'll need to talk about." I took from that that up to that point he hadn't given her anything. It also confirmed that his parents are assholes too. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

I think Krista said on the tell all something like "This is Diego's senior year. If you want him to contribute money, that's something we'll need to talk about." I took from that that up to that point he hadn't given her anything. It also confirmed that his parents are assholes too. 

Absolute assholes. IF you want him to contribute?? And she probably only said that for the show. Bridget was right; they dropped her. And apparently it didn't take very long. It's really kind of sad how seemingly excited Krista was in the delivery room and when Emiley made the cheerleading squad but now they're just going to discuss whether or there should be money involved. She knew she was sticking it to Bridget. She enjoyed it. And now that Diego and Emiley are over, she's done playing that game.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

On another thread Fabian or some random relative was bragging about how Diego was earning credits towards becoming an STNA (or something related) while still in high school. And LaKasta actually commented that he's good at it (because people were saying there was no way in hell they'd want that asshole caring for their family. lol). So maybe he'll have a job after he gets out of school? 

Oh hell no!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Laura has a great family & Tyler's mom seems great too.

But isn't Tylor one of ten siblings/step-siblings?  I'll stay on the fence about his mother until I know more; she does seem nice.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2018 at 10:30 PM, Soup333 said:

That woman is a pure narcissist and there’s not a shred of doubt in my mind that she’s told Chloe that she doesn’t care about her.

Mrs. Superior to Us All, Jessica, is the typical controlling monster who throws out hateful threats, denials, and derogatory terms SO OFTEN she doesn't even realize what she says.  Especially, she doesn't realize how shocking/hurtful words are remembered by everyone.  For. A. Long. Time.  Of course, she could be that "perfect employee" at work.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

But isn't Tylor one of ten siblings/step-siblings?  I'll stay on the fence about his mother until I know more; she does seem nice.

Yeah I don't recall her history but I do think she was military, among others in his family. So I think the plan all along has been for him to enlist; I'm sure it was no shock to anyone & just discussed for the sake of the audience.  At least he has some focus & plan for his life that includes taking care of Laura & his child, & he's always seemed to be respectful of her parents which is way more than can be said for any of the other teen boys.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, politichick said:

Someone mentioned they thought it was mean that they made  her go to the school for knocked-up girls, and I don't blame them for that, either.

I thought she CHOSE the alternative school (not just for the "knocked-up") whining that she was upset having to see her friends on "cheer" when she could no longer participate.

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just think--Kelsey will be a great grandma before she's 50!

• Love 10

I wish someone had followed up with Tim’s comment that Caelan was Timmy’s biological father, but not his dad (didn’t take care of him or however he phrased it). Those are fighting words and I would never let them slide. Unless he and his mom didn’t protest because it is true?   I don’t know what the real situation is, but I find it strange it wasn’t addressed. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, gunderda said:

But I'm curious... where does one's mom go for weeks at a time when it appears they work somewhere in the healthcare field? Those people generally work quite a bit, don't they? AND leaving her teenage daughter and her boyfriend home alone for 3 weeks.  Just seems a little irresponsible to me and i'm not even a mom. i would love to know more on their backstory.

I wonder if Bridget has a boyfriend and she'd stay over there for extended periods.  And I believe Emiley had told her she was going to wait until marriage before having sex, so no problem there.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:30 PM, Soup333 said:

I’m officially off the Grandpa Tim train. I know he’s old, sick and tired but I’m over the blind admiration.

I think he's 59.  That's really not that old, and it's pretty young for a great-grandfather.  He said he's retired.  I wonder if he factored into his retirement planning paying for more babies.

And speaking of, I have to give props to McKayla a little, for naming her baby after him.  She's an idiot, but apparently she's not a fool.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2018 at 8:35 AM, PityFree said:

Where on Earth did  Makayla get that ridiculous wig???  Somewhere, there is a drag queen searching her dressing room for that missing piece of her costume.

No self respecting drag queen would ever be caught dead in that road kill she had on her head!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I wonder if Bridget has a boyfriend and she'd stay over there for extended periods.  And I believe Emiley had told her she was going to wait until marriage before having sex, so no problem there.

She has a husband!  She would stay over at his place.  I got this from the FB group.  Not sure if they are still married.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I wonder if he factored into his retirement planning paying for more babies.

He shouldn't have to, and if he does that is his own fault.  He should travel, fish, hunt whatever.....not be a servant to his manipulative granddaughter.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Just think--Kelsey will be a great grandma before she's 50!

This is horrifying to think about. And her mom would be a great great grandma at 65?? Wasn't she a teen mom too??

49 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

I wish someone had followed up with Tim’s comment that Caelan was Timmy’s biological father, but not his dad (didn’t take care of him or however he phrased it). Those are fighting words and I would never let them slide. Unless he and his mom didn’t protest because it is true?   I don’t know what the real situation is, but I find it strange it wasn’t addressed. 

I think this is what Shelly was referring to when she muttered, "this is a joke," as she was walking backstage.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He shouldn't have to, and if he does that is his own fault.  He should travel, fish, hunt whatever.....not be a servant to his manipulative granddaughter.

He shouldn't but McKayla is the queen of that castle.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Does anyone know what the law says about filing for CS when the father is under 18? Or in college fulltime? How is that usually handled?

2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I thought she CHOSE the alternative school (not just for the "knocked-up") whining that she was upset having to see her friends on "cheer" when she could no longer participate.

Pretty sure it was Jessica's idea and Chloe was bummed about it. 

19 hours ago, politichick said:

Someone mentioned they thought it was mean that they made  her go to the school for knocked-up girls, and I don't blame them for that, either. They wanted her to have some idea of what she was going to have to deal with rather than living in fantasy land at her former school, where she was going to experience extreme disappointment over the things that she would miss out on.

i'm the one who mentioned it. I don't necessarily think it's mean. But if she got a car, it's not like it would be all joy rides, trips to the mall and dinner at the Peach Pit. All that has ended for her. So the car would probably serve a practical purpose....and save Jessica, Nate and Max from having to run her everywhere.

2 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

i'm the one who mentioned it. I don't necessarily think it's mean. But if she got a car, it's not like it would be all joy rides, trips to the mall and dinner at the Peach Pit. All that has ended for her. So the car would probably serve a practical purpose....and save Jessica, Nate and Max from having to run her everywhere.

It could be viewed as Max's responsibility to run Chloe everywhere.  Someone opined that Jessica didn't want to give Chloe a car because she would let Max drive it, and if that's the case, I completely agree with Jessica.  Even if she forbids her from letting Max drive it, we know how that's going to work out.  Does he even have a car, or is he waiting until his early life experience leads him to massive wealth to buy a car that is worthy of him?

And Jessica could tell Chloe, "Sorry, Nate and I are not going to run you everywhere.  You and Max need to figure that out."  The problem is that she's massively in love with being a grandmother and I guarantee you she doesn't want Chloe to move out, either with Max or by herself.  Or, actually, I believe she doesn't want the baby to move out; I'm with Chloe that I think the baby comes before her in Jessica's mind. 

And in her mind, everything would be just perfect if only Max would go away, because then Chloe will have no reason to move.  So she's punishing Chloe in order to influence her to send him away, and it just stinks.  I'm not a huge fan of senior pictures, but to refuse to pay for them seems petty.  The girl's in school, right?  And that will benefit her, right?  And senior pictures won't benefit Max.  So let her have the damn pictures. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

It can be frustrating to wade through stuff over there; luckily, I need a distraction from the election and it's the perfect mindless place to get lost. :) Here are (hopefully) direct links to two threads that Fabian participated in. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203423157004937/permalink/247616389252280/?comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"O"}

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203423157004937/permalink/247609229252996/?comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"O"}

• Love 3
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Even if she forbids her from letting Max drive it, we know how that's going to work out.  Does he even have a car, or is he waiting until his early life experience leads him to massive wealth to buy a car that is worthy of him?

haha - that's good

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And Jessica could tell Chloe, "Sorry, Nate and I are not going to run you everywhere.  You and Max need to figure that out."  The problem is that she's massively in love with being a grandmother and I guarantee you she doesn't want Chloe to move out, either with Max or by herself.  Or, actually, I believe she doesn't want the baby to move out; I'm with Chloe that I think the baby comes before her in Jessica's mind. 

And in her mind, everything would be just perfect if only Max would go away, because then Chloe will have no reason to move.  So she's punishing Chloe in order to influence her to send him away, and it just stinks.  I'm not a huge fan of senior pictures, but to refuse to pay for them seems petty.  The girl's in school, right?  And that will benefit her, right?  And senior pictures won't benefit Max.  So let her have the damn pictures. 

Is it all about moving really?  I can't tell, but I thought it was more about Max. I can't blame her/them for not wanting Chloe moving out with Max, & given the way he is they shouldn't make it easier for her.

I agree about the picture though; that's kind of petty.

4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not a huge fan of senior pictures, but to refuse to pay for them seems petty.  The girl's in school, right?  And that will benefit her, right?  And senior pictures won't benefit Max.  So let her have the damn pictures. 

But how much $ are high school senior pics ? Are we talking hundreds of $ ? I don't think I would be forking over that kind of cash for an unemployed teen who has a newborn to worry about. High school pics are frivolous and way overpriced and certainly not a necessity in my frugal opinion. 

• Love 10

But how much $ are high school senior pics ? Are we talking hundreds of $ ? I don't think I would be forking over that kind of cash for an unemployed teen who has a newborn to worry about. High school pics are frivolous and way overpriced and certainly not a necessity in my frugal opinion. 

Way overpriced. But I would at least get her yearbook photo professionally done. But I’m sure Jessica is going to want to throw a party so she’ll do more than that. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think it’s good for Chloe’s little sister to see that there are consequences for one’s actions. 

So far, the main consequence is not getting a car when she's 17 years old.  I suffered that consequence even though I didn't get pregnant in high school.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So far, the main consequence is not getting a car when she's 17 years old.  I suffered that consequence even though I didn't get pregnant in high school.

I'm still waiting for my parents to buy me a car. I'm almost 50. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
16 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I think if she is on target to graduate, she should have her pic in the year book tho. Would not having senior pics keep her out of the yearbook?

20 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I think if she is on target to graduate, she should have her pic in the year book tho. Would not having senior pics keep her out of the yearbook?

At our school,  your picture is taken so you will appear in the yearbook or class pic. But you are under no obligation to buy anything.

• Love 5

Yearbook photos and senior pictures are completely differently.  senior pictures are for fun, something to hand out to your classmates and family members and then parents can order nice portraits for their walls.  I think it's kinda lame that Chloe's parents won't pay for senior pictures - that should have nothing to do with Max. They should WANT to have nice pictures of their daughter and maybe even granddaughter.  Senior pictures can be very exciting for a girl.  The car thing I get. 

My parents bought me a car when I was 16 but I was so not expecting it. They just showed up one day with a car for me.  And apparently back then it was considered a nice car because people at school thought I was spoiled. To me it was a 2 door dodge neon, nothing fancy except it did have a sunroof (that after awhile kept getting stuck). But they had me get a real job when I was 15 and even before then I was doing things like mowing the yard and mowing the yard where my mom worked so I wasn't a lazy kid.  I think my parents spoil me way more now as an adult in my 30's than they did when I was in high school lol

• Love 1

I’d do the senior pictures if I were Chloe’s parents, but not the car. The pics can range in price, though. Hundreds of dollars that could be better spent elsewhere—so I’d do a basic package. Many companies have exclusive contracts with schools to do yearbook pictures and they can be extremely overpriced. Get pics of Chloe with Ava at a cheaper place or photographer. 

• Love 1

At our school,  your picture is taken so you will appear in the yearbook or class pic. But you are under no obligation to buy anything.

That's how it was when I was in high school. But that was a million years ago and it was not a suburban school (everything was different, basically). We didn't have any "senior pictures." As long as she is in the yearbook, maybe has an 8"x10" for her parents' mantel, I think she's good.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yearbook photos and senior pictures are completely differently.  senior pictures are for fun, something to hand out to your classmates and family members and then parents can order nice portraits for their walls.  I think it's kinda lame that Chloe's parents won't pay for senior pictures - that should have nothing to do with Max. They should WANT to have nice pictures of their daughter and maybe even granddaughter.  Senior pictures can be very exciting for a girl.  The car thing I get. 

I agree about them buying her some pictures but this detail is just more proof that Jessica is that vindictive and manipulative. She wants Chloe to dump Max and she's not above using threats to get her to do it. The custody thing will probably be next if she doesn't break up with him.

The high school that my kids attended had specific requirements for the photo but some kids did submit some headshots that were clearly taken by an amateur. Nothing wrong with it but I preferred my kids have a professional pic in the yearbook. For my oldest I splurged and over ordered on the wallets (and wasted literally hundreds of dollars - but the pics were awesome). By the time I got to my youngest I was more savvy about the number of pictures but we still had a lot leftover. They try to convince you that you need so many and they make you order a minimum for each pose. Oy. I'm getting flashbacks.

I read that Max is getting sentenced tomorrow 11/8. Wonder if he'll actually get some jail time or if he'll be on probation or something. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I agree about them buying her some pictures but this detail is just more proof that Jessica is that vindictive and manipulative. She wants Chloe to dump Max and she's not above using threats to get her to do it. The custody thing will probably be next if she doesn't break up with him.

The high school that my kids attended had specific requirements for the photo but some kids did submit some headshots that were clearly taken by an amateur. Nothing wrong with it but I preferred my kids have a professional pic in the yearbook. For my oldest I splurged and over ordered on the wallets (and wasted literally hundreds of dollars - but the pics were awesome). By the time I got to my youngest I was more savvy about the number of pictures but we still had a lot leftover. They try to convince you that you need so many and they make you order a minimum for each pose. Oy. I'm getting flashbacks.

I read that Max is getting sentenced tomorrow 11/8. Wonder if he'll actually get some jail time or if he'll be on probation or something. 

Oh yea... now that you said that I think my school was the same in that we submitted our own photos for the yearbook but they had specific requirements (like it had to be a headshot). And I can't even remember if we did regular school photos like everyone else. 

I have a feeling that McKayla probably fried her hair from styling it all the time and maybe combine that with pregnancy hormones it may have went to crap. 

• Love 1