Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I agree about them buying her some pictures but this detail is just more proof that Jessica is that vindictive and manipulative. She wants Chloe to dump Max and she's not above using threats to get her to do it. The custody thing will probably be next if she doesn't break up with him.

If my daughter got knocked up by some asswipe who justifies breaking into someone’s house and stealing from an old lady as a “whoops- I was drunk- it’s not that big of a deal,” you can bet that I would do everything in my power to help her see the light too. Threats & manipulation are about all Jessica has left in her repertoire- she’s tried being nice, she’s tried talking sense into Chloe- so far nothing has worked. 

No way would I buy that girl a car. No way would I spend big bucks on professional senior pictures. (A nice head shot for the yearbook & one on the wall will do just fine- that’s what we did with both of my kids, and it was inexpensive and quick.) 

Chloe “knows what she’s doing,” so she can figure out the car buying process on her own. 

Jessica may not be someone I’d hang out with IRL, but I totally understand her frustration, and I don’t fault her for setting some boundaries. 

Edited by asemumma
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, eatsleep said:

I think if she is on target to graduate, she should have her pic in the year book tho. Would not having senior pics keep her out of the yearbook?

Usually there is a photographer contracted with the school and takes all of the yearbook photos for them for free. But if you want normal senior pics, you have to pay extra. My niece just graduated from high school so that’s how I know.  I also helped to pay for her senior photos—which cost almost $1000.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Usually there is a photographer contracted with the school and takes all of the yearbook photos for them for free. But if you want normal senior pics, you have to pay extra. My niece just graduated from high school so that’s how I know.  I also helped to pay for her senior photos—which cost almost $1000.

Holy crap!  I'm in the 'no freakin' way to that either' now camp!

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Holy crap!  I'm in the 'no freakin' way to that either' now camp!

Yeah. They really get you! And the sentiment of having a graduating senior is hard to overcome.  (Then again, my niece got good grades and did not get knocked up in high school, so we spoiled her some.)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Yeah. They really get you! And the sentiment of having a graduating senior is hard to overcome.  (Then again, my niece got good grades and did not get knocked up in high school, so we spoiled her some.)

That is truly insane! Even if such a thing had been available or desired when I was in high school, my parents would not have gone along. No baby and already accepted to several schools (univ).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, asemumma said:

If my daughter got knocked up by some asswipe who justifies breaking into someone’s house and stealing from an old lady as a “whoops- I was drunk- it’s not that big of a deal,” you can bet that I would do everything in my power to help her see the light too. Threats & manipulation are about all Jessica has left in her repertoire- she’s tried being nice, she’s tried talking sense into Chloe- so far nothing has worked. 

No way would I buy that girl a car. No way would I spend big bucks on professional senior pictures. (A nice head shot for the yearbook & one on the wall will do just fine- that’s what we did with both of my kids, and it was inexpensive and quick.) 

Chloe “knows what she’s doing,” so she can figure out the car buying process on her own. 

Jessica may not be someone I’d hang out with IRL, but I totally understand her frustration, and I don’t fault her for setting some boundaries. 

I understand why Jessica hates Max. Even if he wasn’t in the beginning stages of a criminal career, she blames him for getting her daughter pregnant. In her mind he ruined her life. I get it but I don’t feel like the threats are a new tactic. She threatened Chloe before over the baby shower. Said she wasn’t going to support her if Max was invited and then backed off when her mom was in the room and Chloe was crying. I think that’s just how she parents. 

That said I absolutely don’t blame her for the car. Max is crazy. He’s liable to commit a crime with Chloe and Ava in the car and get them in trouble or hurt. 

• Love 8

Or he uses the car in the commission of a felony, and the car gets seized.  If he's driving it, it wouldn't matter who owned it.  It's gone.

Max will get probation, unless he was on probation when he got this latest offense, then he'll probably get less than 3 years, and would be eligible for some kind of shock program and do 6 months.

Jessica can threaten all day long, but the heart wants what it wants, and until Chloe has had enough of Max, she's wasting her time.  Her threats are probably having just the opposite effect.

Instead of getting her a car, they should spend some money to get Chloe's jaw fixed.  She has the oddest looking underbite I've ever seen.  She's already unattractive, what with the eyes too far apart (just like her Mother's), the jaw thing just makes it worse.  Yup, that was shallow and I don't give a shit.

• Love 16

My daughter is 33 and I spent $450 on her senior pictures way back when. I bet Chloe wants the whole shebang and $1000 is probably right in the ballpark. If she wants to keep seeing Max, he can pay for her pictures and a car for her to drive. 

I agree that Jessica is a bitch and threatening has been her go to tactic forever. But, in the case of Max, I agree with her. If Chloe wants her parents to support her and the daughter she chose to bring into the world, Max isn't part of the picture. If she wants to continue seeing the creepy little thief, she can move in with him and let him support them. That would last for about a week and Chloe would be calling her parents to come and get her and the baby. From Max's cell phone because they would suspend service to hers the minute she walked out the door.

• Love 11

When these under age girls give birth, afterwards, can their parents insist that they have implanted birth control?  Being under age, don't their parents have the say so about all aspects of their medical care? If not, I wish that they did.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

When these under age girls give birth, afterwards, can their parents insist that they have implanted birth control?  Being under age, don't their parents have the say so about all aspects of their medical care? If not, I wish that they did.

I agree!!

I also wonder this:  When discovering they were pregnant, did ANY  of them sit down with the boy and ask, straight up:  "Look, this is the harsh reality.  No more football  games, lots of working to buy food, diapers, essentials, NO MORE FUN for a long time.  Are you up for it?   Are you really up for it?  Have you ever taken care of a baby for more than an hour, alone?  Overnight?"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree!!

I also wonder this:  When discovering they were pregnant, did ANY  of them sit down with the boy and ask, straight up:  "Look, this is the harsh reality.  No more football  games, lots of working to buy food, diapers, essentials, NO MORE FUN for a long time.  Are you up for it?   Are you really up for it?  Have you ever taken care of a baby for more than an hour, alone?  Overnight?"

Exactly!  I wonder how anti-abortion Prince Diego would have been if Emily had said "Ok, so after the baby is born she can live with YOU".

• Love 11
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

I don’t think it works like that. My daughters were under 18 and I wasn’t allowed to just demand they get a specific kind. We sat down with the doc and talked about the pros and cons and they chose implants. I think the gynecologist would consider them old enough to make the decision on their own if they’ve had a child. *shrugs*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Exactly!  I wonder how anti-abortion Prince Diego would have been if Emily had said "Ok, so after the baby is born she can live with YOU".

Oh that won't happen, because then how will the dear boy ENJOY his senior year? Football and baseball come first, you know! (sarcasm).

I think it's really interesting that Emiley has said so far Diego does not contribute monetarily (nor his parents) for Aria. Who do they think probably does help out if Aria needs something and Emiley is short on funds, hmmmm? The dreaded RBF, f***king b*tch Briget, that's who I'm guessing.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Oh that won't happen, because then how will the dear boy ENJOY his senior year? Football and baseball come first, you know! (sarcasm).

I think it's really interesting that Emiley has said so far Diego does not contribute monetarily (nor his parents) for Aria. Who do they think probably does help out if Aria needs something and Emiley is short on funds, hmmmm? The dreaded RBF, f***king b*tch Briget, that's who I'm guessing.

Bridget is definitely housing Emiley and Aria. But I'm sure Emiley and Aria are eligible for some public assistance benefits. It doesn't seem like Bridget has much money; not sure how she could begin to pay for daycare while Emiley is in school and cheering and now working? Daycare is prbly more than Emiley makes.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Bridget is definitely housing Emiley and Aria. But I'm sure Emiley and Aria are eligible for some public assistance benefits. It doesn't seem like Bridget has much money; not sure how she could begin to pay for daycare while Emiley is in school and cheering and now working? Daycare is prbly more than Emiley makes.

I think Bridget is a nurse of some kind? (There are pics on social media of her graduating from a program.) Not that she makes a lot of money, but I'm sure if Aria needs diapers or clothes, she helps out? I don't know what services are available in OK, but if Emiley may qualify for assistance with daycare if she is going to school full-time, and food stamps/WIC. 

At any rate, Diego should be contributing to the support and care of the daughter that he had a part in bringing into this world. If that means he has to get a job after school and weekends, so be it.

• Love 4
Just now, Adiba said:

I think Bridget is a nurse of some kind? (There are pics on social media of her graduating from a program.) Not that she makes a lot of money, but I'm sure if Aria needs diapers or clothes, she helps out? I don't know what services are available in OK, but if Emiley may qualify for assistance with daycare if she is going to school full-time, and food stamps/WIC. 

At any rate, Diego should be contributing to the support and care of the daughter that he had a part in bringing into this world. If that means he has to get a job after school and weekends, so be it.

I'm kind of torn on that. IDK how I feel about high school kids getting jobs to support babies. I think I'd rather both kids focus on completing high school and preparing themselves for college or a trade (or possibly a sports scholarship?). I don't have a problem w/ them collecting public assistance while one or both is still in high school. To me, that's what public assistance is for, a yr or two while young ppl who made an ooops baby get themselves together (not a 30 yr long lifestyle). But yeah, if Diego could keep his grades up and work to help out with clothes and diapers, that would be great.

Seems like if Bridget were an RN, she'd have a better house. But not necessarily. She could be a lower level nurse. She showed up to the party wearing scrubs.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, asemumma said:

But I think the irony is that by making these threats and ultimatums, she's pushing her daughter further away....and into Max's arms. Don't buy her a car; I don't care

. No one bought me my first car. And I do see a valid Maxish reason there - that he would end up using it and he can't be trusted, etc. That feels like a natural consequence. 

Refusing senior pics does what exactly.....? I think she needs to chill and set firm, but reasonable boundaries. She's acting like a fellow teenager and it's not going to help the situation at all. 

9 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I'm kind of torn on that. IDK how I feel about high school kids getting jobs to support babies. I think I'd rather both kids focus on completing high school and preparing themselves for college or a trade (or possibly a sports scholarship?). I don't have a problem w/ them collecting public assistance while one or both is still in high school. To me, that's what public assistance is for, a yr or two while young ppl who made an ooops baby get themselves together (not a 30 yr long lifestyle). But yeah, if Diego could keep his grades up and work to help out with clothes and diapers, that would be great.

I tend to agree with you. But Diego's family's complaint is really only about him missing out on senior year fun stuff and football. I haven't heard them say one word about trying to finish his education and possibly continue it afterward. They seem to have no plan at all. If he were MY son? He'd be made to drop football and all extra-curriculars. He'd go to school, get a part time job, and help out with the baby as much as possible. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Seems like if Bridget were an RN, she'd have a better house. But not necessarily. She could be a lower level nurse. She showed up to the party wearing scrubs.

It's the holiday season. There's no reason why he can't find a seasonal job for a couple hours a week to help out with diapers AT THE LEAST. It's highly unfair that Emiley has dropped cheer and is instead working to support her child while Diego is playing football and going to homecoming* with some other girl. If they can afford his suit/tux for homecoming they can afford to give Emiley some money for the baby. Emiley shouldn't have to ask his parents every time she needs something. 

*One of his relatives joined the FB group and she had pics of him at homecoming. 

ETA: I realize the tux may have been a rental. But still.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

In NY state they make you file a child support claim against the Father of the child, before they decide on any benefits.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I didn't think Emiley dropped cheer. It sounded like she was going to school, working & doing cheer, which is beyond me how she's getting all that done & seeing her kid at all.

Also info from the fb group. Sorry. Fabian came in and made a snarky comment about her quitting college after three weeks and dropping out of cheer. 

1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

Wait, Chloe's mom is a DOCTOR???

I was being sarcastic. That was when she was complaining about the doctor not inducing Chloe early. 

1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Also info from the fb group. Sorry. Fabian came in and made a snarky comment about her quitting college after three weeks and dropping out of cheer. 

If it's true he shouldn't be dropping that out there for everyone. What an immature ass - well, he's definitely Diego's father of course.

I feel bad for her if it is true. It would be a lot to do all that & if no one is helping financially maybe she feels she has to work more. I do hope she doesn't settle & is able to get through school.  Diego will have all the breaks, obviously; she's going to have to fight more & work harder for everything probably.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

It's the holiday season. There's no reason why he can't find a seasonal job for a couple hours a week to help out with diapers AT THE LEAST. It's highly unfair that Emiley has dropped cheer and is instead working to support her child while Diego is playing football and going to homecoming* with some other girl. If they can afford his suit/tux for homecoming they can afford to give Emiley some money for the baby. Emiley shouldn't have to ask his parents every time she needs something. 

*One of his relatives joined the FB group and she had pics of him at homecoming. 

No, Emily should not have to ask his parents every time she needs something. They should be fucking making regular payments on their own because they know their deadbeat son isn't contributing shit. Bridget may have the crappy house so that she can afford to pay for Emily's activities, like cheer and horseback riding and hanging with her friends.

Chloe is spoiled as hell and entitled and I think that is why Jessica is denying her things like senior photos. She shared that text with Max and his father. She tried to hide the fact that he'd committed a criminal act. And she allowed that douche bag to impregnate her. She may also be kind of stupid, so tough love could be the only thing she'll understand.

I wonder if Lexie is on some kind of anti-depressant. She is the most low-energy teen I've ever seen. What does she see in that horrible Kyler? He's doughy and hideous and a mean fuck. What is wrong with that girl?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

If it's true he shouldn't be dropping that out there for everyone. What an immature ass - well, he's definitely Diego's father of course.

I feel bad for her if it is true. It would be a lot to do all that & if no one is helping financially maybe she feels she has to work more. I do hope she doesn't settle & is able to get through school.  Diego will have all the breaks, obviously; she's going to have to fight more & work harder for everything probably.

What a crappy thing to do, if Fabian is somehow implying that Emiley is "less than" for having to drop out of school and cheer! She probably has to work more and needs to spend time with Aria, the poor girl was probably exhausted. I knew they (Fabian and Krista) would side with their son if Emiley and Diego broke up--but I didn't think they'd not help out a little financially for their grandchild. Babies cost money. Many things are not covered by assistance, either.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

It's highly unfair that Emiley has dropped cheer and is instead working to support her child while Diego is playing football and going to homecoming* with some other girl. If they can afford his suit/tux for homecoming they can afford to give Emiley some money for the baby. Emiley shouldn't have to ask his parents every time she needs something. 

But the difference btwn him and Emiley is that she has already graduated from high school and he is still in high school. Graduating high school is the milestone. And everything should be done to ensure that happens. After that, whatever, get on the best way you can. But make sure they graduate high school. 

Yeah, he should have to scale back tho now that he's a dad. I agree.

1 hour ago, Honey said:

In NY state they make you file a child support claim against the Father of the child, before they decide on any benefits.

Even if the father is a high school student?? That seems a bit much to me. Let the kid graduate w/o creating extra obstacles IMO

25 minutes ago, politichick said:

I wonder if Lexie is on some kind of anti-depressant. She is the most low-energy teen I've ever seen. What does she see in that horrible Kyler? He's doughy and hideous and a mean fuck. What is wrong with that girl?

is she on Young & Pregnant?  I know, so many teen moms on the TV, it *is* confusing.  And it's skewing my perception in a big way! Every time I meet a teenager, I'm about to ask her, "so, how many kids do you have?"

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Honey said:

Instead of getting her a car, they should spend some money to get Chloe's jaw fixed.  She has the oddest looking underbite I've ever seen.  She's already unattractive, what with the eyes too far apart (just like her Mother's), the jaw thing just makes it worse.  Yup, that was shallow and I don't give a shit.

Thank you for saying something - I literally cannot look at anything else while she is on the screen.  She has the Hapsburg chin!  

It actually looks uncomfortable.  

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Even if the father is a high school student?? That seems a bit much to me. Let the kid graduate w/o creating extra obstacles IMO

Although I understand & agree that graduating high school without obstacles is ideal, the girls still have the biggest obstacles with their pregnancies, births, hormonal changes, & primary care of the baby.  The boys get off easily (double meaning intentional).

There are other ways to graduate high school. They can even do online now if necessary to be able to work. The extra curriculars are no longer an option once they become parents (unless something can be fit in w/o cutting into their new responsibilities). It seems to me they need to cut something to be caregivers for a child. If Emiley has to cut cheer, that POS whose life has barely had a disruption even though he helped make a human, can cut football & senior fun crap for more work hours.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 13

There’s also been some chatter about Diego and those STNA credits. According to Fabian, his wife and Emiley’s aunt worked as nurses at the same place Diego worked and it’s a fairly large employer in their small town. He said he thinks they were desperate for help and that’s why they hired Diego as an STNA even though he hasn’t taken the testing. I don’t think he’s still working that job now. He also said that Diego was eligible for state testing at the beginning of the year but didn’t do it. No explanation on that.

Someone asked if anyone in the family was paying child support but he never responded.

I wish there was a way I could copy all that stuff here so you could all read it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Adiba said:

I think that whether he likes it or not, Diego (who seems bright and might even amount to something) is on the hook for child support forever. If he doesn’t pay what he is supposed to pay throughout Aria’s childhood (till she’s 18, at least), Emiley can take him to court for whatever the arrearage is at any point. I believe that’s how it works in my state. If I were her, I’d get a decent lawyer on board TODAY. 

And these kids should also be thinking about being proactive with regard to custody. If there is nothing worked out legally, what’s  to prevent one of the fathers from absconding with the child because Chloe and Max (for example) are having a fight?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

But the difference btwn him and Emiley is that she has already graduated from high school and he is still in high school. Graduating high school is the milestone. And everything should be done to ensure that happens. After that, whatever, get on the best way you can. But make sure they graduate high school. 

Yeah, he should have to scale back tho now that he's a dad. I agree.

Playing football and baseball are not requirements to graduate high school. I find it hard to believe that Diego is in line for any kind of sports scholarship or they would have talked that up all last season and this one. There is no reason he cannot achieve this milestone if he has a job after school to pay for a kid he helped to create. The amount of time he spends at practices and games is huge. If he gave that up and took a job, he'd have MORE free time to study, keep his grades up, see his kid, and be on a straight path to graduating. 

But no. Mama and Daddy want him to be a carefree senior in high school like the other kids. But the fact is, he's not like the other kids. He decided to have his own kid and that comes with responsibilities. His entire family views the idea that he should act like a father and step up to care for his kid as some type of insult. I don't get it. 

36 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

And these kids should also be thinking about being proactive with regard to custody. If there is nothing worked out legally, what’s  to prevent one of the fathers from absconding with the child because Chloe and Max (for example) are having a fight?

It's so weird to me but maybe it's just because they are young and dumb, but I get the feeling that most of these girls "feel bad" to get the courts involved like it's a terrible thing they are doing to their baby's father. The reality is, having some type of order in place for custody, visitation and child support takes the pressure off everyone and avoids arguments and potentially violent outbursts when there is nothing on record and a dispute comes up. It benefits the guys too because girls can be punitive and "punish" the dad by withholding a visit if he pisses her off for some reason.

• Love 13

@configdotsys I wish I could love your post more than once. By all appearances, Diego is living up the senior life. He’s doing everything he wants and babysits his kid a few nights a week. How would a part time job hurt him? Millions of high school kids have them. 

I’d take Diego to court in a heartbeat. Hopefully soon she’ll get tired of hearing him pass the buck to his parents. If he will be getting some type of credentials to be an accredited STNA when he graduates that’s all the better. He can quickly get a job and pay his parents back the money they should be giving Emiley while he enjoys his senior year. 

• Love 6

Diego might not be in too much of a hurry to get any kind of job, because then he will have no excuse to not help with his daughter financially.

He'll probably go to college, where he must have the full carefree college experience, people - it's not fair for him to miss all that in life, after all.

Emiley should be adding up all the back support she can legally obtain someday, because he can't avoid work forever (we'll see).

Reg. lawyers, all the girls need them but not sure many can afford one. Emiley & her mom don't seem like they can, unless someone works sliding or pro bono for them.

• Love 4

The child support agency in my state has its own lawyer. So they’d only need to contact the agency to get the ball rolling. And as someone else said, if anyone applied for assistance they would require a child support order first. I don’t know if that’s for all forms of assistance. Perhaps Emiley could get help with daycare without ruining Diego's precious last year of high school. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Diego might not be in too much of a hurry to get any kind of job, because then he will have no excuse to not help with his daughter financially.

He'll probably go to college, where he must have the full carefree college experience, people - it's not fair for him to miss all that in life, after all.

Emiley should be adding up all the back support she can legally obtain someday, because he can't avoid work forever (we'll see).

Reg. lawyers, all the girls need them but not sure many can afford one. Emiley & her mom don't seem like they can, unless someone works sliding or pro bono for them.

See, NY must differ a lot in this respect.  It does not matter one whit if you have a job.  You are still responsible for a minimum amount of child support.  I guess they got sick of deadbeat parents quitting their jobs to avoid paying.  Child support also goes right through the county.  Meaning that the parent pays the county, and the county then pays the other parent.  This way they know if someone isn't paying, and it will start to add up.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, winsomeone said:

What a terrifying idea. Teens need bodily autonomy and privacy. And think about the flip side. Most people who share the bolded notion do so because they don't think teens should be allowed to go on BC without their parents' knowledge and consent. Consequently, these tend to be the same people who think abstinence-only "education" is the way to go despite all evidence to the contrary.

I'm so thankful I was able to go to Planned Parenthood when I was 17 without my parents being part of it, and they wouldn't have kicked me or anything like that. Plenty of other teens have real reason to fear in extremely conservative homes, and I'd much rather see them have the freedom to make those choices if at all possible than to allow others to force things on their teens. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, eatsleep said:

So under this "no extra obstacles" idea, high school boys can get as many girls pregnant as they like?  No consequences?  Just trip down the lane of high school fun: games, dances, proms, girls-girls-girls, occasional homework and tests.  Boys, you have four years to make babies for the girls to take care of...in every way.   I can't get on board with this.

• Love 12
On 11/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, Soup333 said:

Even if he wasn’t in the beginning stages of a criminal career, she blames him for getting her daughter pregnant. In her mind he ruined her life. I get it but I don’t feel like the threats are a new tactic.

Chloe had NOTHING to do with getting pregnant; the boys are always to blame...solely!  I think Jessica considers that her own teenage years were "ruined" by a pregnancy (again, some boy GOT her pregnant; she had nothing to do with it).  She's still angry and upset about that and then the same thing happens to "her baby."   Jessica's threats: I agree.  I think that has been a way of life for Jessica...might be the reason Chloe's dad left the family.  Everyone (but Chloe) had decided long ago it was just easier to give in to the Relentless Jessica.

Edited by HaaCHOO
space+closing parenthesis
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2018 at 6:32 PM, Honey said:

Chloe's jaw repair will take a lot of work, money, dedication, pain, and time.  I've seen pictures of her as a young child and her teeth were really wonky--she had that jaw even then.  She must have had braces because her teeth are so much better.  Perhaps the orthodontist explained the specialty that would be required (breaking the jaw, treating it surgically, and so much more).  Maybe Jessica balked at that and did what the family could afford.  

Chloe’s jaw would probably have to be broken, some of the jawbone on each side would need to be removed, and then everything rewired, including having her mouth wired shut. It might be something that can’t be done until she finishes growing. Just guessing. Unless it is causing a medical problem, it may not be covered under health insurance since it would be deemed cosmetic. Who knows? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Chloe’s jaw would probably have to be broken, some of the jawbone on each side would need to be removed, and then everything rewired, including having her mouth wired shut. It might be something that can’t be done until she finishes growing. Just guessing. Unless it is causing a medical problem, it may not be covered under health insurance since it would be deemed cosmetic. Who knows? 

Now that would be an interesting story line to watch.  I think it's medically necessary, she's going to end up tripping on that thing.

Where is Max's Mom?

• Love 3

I hate Chloe for making me side with Jessica. Chloe is one freakin' spoiled, immature kid. And a lot of that is probably Jessica's fault, but, damn, that brat has no idea (and no appreciation for) what her parents are doing for her and her child. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, though, they're in a Catch 22. They've got a granddaughter to think about now, and as dim as Chloe is, she knows enough to use Ava against them.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Honey said:

See, NY must differ a lot in this respect.  It does not matter one whit if you have a job.  You are still responsible for a minimum amount of child support.  I guess they got sick of deadbeat parents quitting their jobs to avoid paying.  Child support also goes right through the county.  Meaning that the parent pays the county, and the county then pays the other parent.  This way they know if someone isn't paying, and it will start to add up.  

This is good, but, can't get blood from a stone either, unless the guy is on unemployment I guess. He's got to be living off something.

Someone should explain to these guys that public assistance that the mom gets is not "free" money. The county will go after dad for all of that benefit money and garnish wages. 

I would love to see Emiley sue Diego for child support and go to court. Let Diego and his mama tell the judge-- with smirk faces intact-- that the boy needs to have fun playing football his senior year and it's not fair to make him give that up and get a job. Put them in front of Judge Judy. Sorry Diego, you had your time to be a carefree teen. You lost it when you had a kid. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yep, it most definitely would have to be broken, and they don't like to do that until after the child has stopped growing, so at least 16. You're also right about it potentially being deemed cosmetic. If that's the case, insurance wouldn't pay, and while Jessica et al live comfortably, I doubt they have the money needed to cover this surgery. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Someone should explain to these guys that public assistance that the mom gets is not "free" money. The county will go after dad for all of that benefit money and garnish wages. 

I would love to see Emiley sue Diego for child support and go to court. Let Diego and his mama tell the judge-- with smirk faces intact-- that the boy needs to have fun playing football his senior year and it's not fair to make him give that up and get a job. Put them in front of Judge Judy. Sorry Diego, you had your time to be a carefree teen. You lost it when you had a kid. 

Yep - you bone, you roll the dice.  And guess what?  Sperm meet egg!  You win a baby.

• Love 7

is it bad and wrong that I had a dirty dream about Caelen?  (I think he's of age...right???)

I mean, I guess he's the cutest, and the nicest...Tylor's not terrible either, but...

#dirtyoldlady #callmecaelen

Edited by teapot
he's 19 http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/aug/05/salem-couple-on-teen-pregnancy-show/
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4