Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

They had a whole thing on there about a baby named Linda.  It was said that Linda is not a baby name, Linda is a woman who works in HR.  I'm not explaining it well, but it was really funny.

Kinda like when my nephew was born in 1986 and was named Robert - I thought "Great, my baby nephew is a certified CPA."

I think the thing that tweeks me about these Summa Cum Laud grads is the assumption that "Well Teen Daughter is Pregnant.  Let's continue the pregnancy, let the boy move in and take over and shake everyone's life upside down."  It seems to such a given!!!  Are options EVER explored?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I just realized who Bridget reminds me of!!  Kristen Wiig!!

16A58DF4-F506-4AEA-91F1-B777CAF0DBCF.jpeg

Oh shit, BINGO.  

14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't know if anyone here watches Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.  It is really funny.  They had a whole thing on there about a baby named Linda.  It was said that Linda is not a baby name, Linda is a woman who works in HR.  I'm not explaining it well, but it was really funny.

I don't watch that, but I'm kind of giggling to myself because that's so correct! I'll move it over to small talk...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Where is the video of Emily?  Is she on youtube too?

In an earlier episode, they definitely showed Emily and Bridget at that tiny little house when she was pregnant.  She was sitting around with her friends complaining about Diego.  Why would she move out before having the baby?  Maybe the tiny little house is Bridget's and Emily moved into an apartment?

I found her on Youtube. I just clicked on her latest video. She talks about her living situation within the first few minutes. It's a fairly boring video and I hate to say it but I see a lot of Krista in that baby.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Are options EVER explored?  

Diego stated that he thought Bridget was a POS for bringing up the possibility of abortion. That was the moment at which he became irredeemable to me. And why I give Bridget some points despite her obvious parenting flaws.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I found her on Youtube. I just clicked on her latest video. She talks about her living situation within the first few minutes. It's a fairly boring video and I hate to say it but I see a lot of Krista in that baby.

She doesn't address HOW she is paying rent, though? I can't imagine they get much for the first season of the show, but maybe rents are cheap in Frederick (and the house is small and old)?

By her face you could tell things mustn't be too great with Diego, even though she isn't permitted to say ("watch Unexpected on TLC" lol).

Is it just me or do others think it's a little confusing to a small child/baby if the families call her entirely different names? Not just a variation or a term of endearment -- Aria and Beckett are so different-sounding.

For an instant I though Diego was maybe smarter than he looks and has actually read Sam Beckett. Then I saw that that is the name of a company that deals in sports memorabilia and had a magazine dedicated to it.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Adiba said:

For an instant I though Diego was maybe smarter than he looks and has actually read Sam Beckett. Then I saw that that is the name of a company that deals in sports memorabilia and had a magazine dedicated to it.

Oy gevalt. That figures. I admit I had the same split second thought and then laughed at myself. I'm not entirely sure Diego knows what a book is. In any case, that whole power trip of him insisting on calling her a different name is further evidence of his complete assholishness. That's a terrible, selfish thing to do to a baby.

Hmmmm. Do you think I might have a problem with Diego? :D 

Edited by bref
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, bref said:

Diego stated that he thought Bridget was a POS for bringing up the possibility of abortion. That was the moment at which he became irredeemable to me. And why I give Bridget some points despite her obvious parenting flaws.

See, that's when I actually started to empathize with him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

She doesn't address HOW she is paying rent, though? I can't imagine they get much for the first season of the show, but maybe rents are cheap in Frederick (and the house is small and old)?

La Kasta, I think, posted on the Savage FB page that Diego gets paid bi-weekly by the show and that each check is "more than $500." Not sure how much the girls get but that was interesting to read.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

La Kasta, I think, posted on the Savage FB page that Diego gets paid bi-weekly by the show and that each check is "more than $500." Not sure how much the girls get but that was interesting to read.

See that's all kinds of wrong. These kids should not be getting monetary rewards (among other things) for having babies at their age.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

But Emiley says he doesn't contribute to anything with Beckett?? *eyeroll* Is he figuring that since she gets paid too she'll just take care of it? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bref said:

Yep, that's when I wrote him off. Bridget would have done her daughter a disservice not mentioning all her options. Too many people just have babies because they got pregnant without ever thinking if they are ready to be parents or even want to be parents. Once Emiley decided to keep Aria, then that was it. But Diego doesn't really want a child, or at least he doesn't act like it. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ivylady said:

Yep, that's when I wrote him off. Bridget would have done her daughter a disservice not mentioning all her options. Too many people just have babies because they got pregnant without ever thinking if they are ready to be parents or even want to be parents. Once Emiley decided to keep Aria, then that was it. But Diego doesn't really want a child, or at least he doesn't act like it. 

I agree with you and @bref. In no way was Bridget a POS for discussing all of the options with her daughter. I call that being a good mother!

Diego seems like the type that would knock someone around when he couldn’t get his way. 

• Love 12

I get that who wants an abortion or to place your child. It's not a life goal! But damn these days we do have safe birth control and pregnancy options if parenting is a no on your list. If Diego knocked me up, I might want to consider my options. Creeper. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, eatsleep said:

See, that's when I actually started to empathize with him.

I guess I dont understand that. You may not approve of abortion personally, but you think Bridget is a bad person for discussing it as an option?

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, gonecrackers said:

Sorry I'm confused. I know Caelen works, & McK is probably getting something out of all her SM'ing, so they may have resources to buy a home, but how is Emiley paying for rent, school, & presumably, some kind of care for the baby?  I marvel...

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but she posted in the FB group that she works a regular job, then has income from the show and her social media posts.  Plus, one of the only things Diego financially contributed was one $500 daycare bill. And, naturally, his trashy family is on there defending this and claiming Diego can't possibly contribute because he's just too busy playing football!!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Adiba said:

By her face you could tell things mustn't be too great with Diego, even though she isn't permitted to say ("watch Unexpected on TLC" lol).

Is it just me or do others think it's a little confusing to a small child/baby if the families call her entirely different names? Not just a variation or a term of endearment -- Aria and Beckett are so different-sounding.

I saw a picture of Diego and Fabian at one of Diego's games wearing matching "Beckett" shirts with Fabian referring to Aria as beckett.   I find that so disrespectful to Emily.  It's just a shitty and immature thing to do.  It's one thing for Diego to do it because that's exactly something I'd expect from him, but for his parents to encourage it?  Trash.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I saw a picture of Diego and Fabian at one of Diego's games wearing matching "Beckett" shirts with Fabian referring to Aria as beckett.   I find that so disrespectful to Emily.  It's just a shitty and immature thing to do.  It's one thing for Diego to do it because that's exactly something I'd expect from him, but for his parents to encourage it?  Trash.

They’ll always call her Beckett. Wouldn’t surprise me if he put up a fuss about signing the birth certificate over the name. He’s the type that will find out you don’t like something and then do/say it over and over again just to annoy you. 

• Love 11

I just assumed the Beckett thing was Diego’s way of sticking it to Emiley over not giving him the son he would have preferred.  Just to be Passive aggressive by calling her by a different name. 

I could not believe McKayla got that shirt for Timmy to tell her grandpa she was knocked up again. She is truly out of touch with reality and I can’t believe she didn’t do it on purpose. Big attention grab. Sad for the kids. 

Edited by UBT
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but she posted in the FB group that she works a regular job, then has income from the show and her social media posts.  Plus, one of the only things Diego financially contributed was one $500 daycare bill. And, naturally, his trashy family is on there defending this and claiming Diego can't possibly contribute because he's just too busy playing football!!

I know that Bridget has the emotional maturity of a teenager, but I have never ever liked Fabian and Krista. I took one look at them condoning Diego's behavior at the baby shower and knew where he learned his shitty behavior. He's not gonna go pro in football - the odds are greatly against him. But he does have a daughter that he supposedly wanted so bad that her grandmother's mention of abortion made him hate her forever. If that's the case, his time would be better spent coparenting with Emiley and working to support Aria. 

I actually understand Emiley wanting her own place. If she hadn't had Aria, she most likely would have gone away to college and lived on campus. This way, she still has her own space. 

I could not believe McKayla got that shirt for Timmy to tell her grandpa she was knocked up again. She is truly out of touch with reality and I can’t believe she didn’t do it on purpose. Big attention grab. Sad for the kids. 

McKayla is a mess. She really has no concept of parenthood outside getting pregnant and having babies. Same for Caelan. They're going to keep having babies because there is no real consequences for them. They both have families that will take them back and help them with the kids and bills. I've seen how this ends with a relative of mine, and it ain't pretty. 

Edited by Ivylady
Forgot to talk about McKayla's mess
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Ivylady said:

They're going to keep having babies because there is no real consequences for them.

I think Caelen has seen some consequences he has a job (maybe two) that's physical and keeps him away from his girlfriend and his baby.  His girlfriend DOES NOT appreciate the hours he's away EARNING MONEY for them.  He's continually disappointed and broken up with.  Those are consequences he didn't expect.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bref said:

You may not approve of abortion personally, but you think Bridget is a bad person for discussing it as an option?

Sadly, I think most anti-abortion people DO think anyone's discussing the option is a bad person.  I can't see the logic, but I see it happen all the time.

I also can't see Bridget, the angry victim, being able to discuss anything without a chip on her shoulder.  She just pisses off everyone; can't help it.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Soup333 said:

But Emiley says he doesn't contribute to anything with Beckett?? *eyeroll* Is he figuring that since she gets paid too she'll just take care of it? 

If Diego truly does have an income, it's time to hurry to Family Court and get a child support order...while that money is still coming in.

12 hours ago, Adiba said:

Is it just me or do others think it's a little confusing to a small child/baby if the families call her entirely different names?

Probably not.    If parents are separated, kids learn to adjust to a lot of things...including one language in one home and a different language in the other.  Kids are resilient; they just need to be safe, secure, and around happy people.

• Love 6

I think parents who could never come to an agreement on what to call their child are evidencing enough pathology for it to be problematic. It appears to me it's just a power struggle and Diego in particular is sticking to his guns just to be an ass, because that's how he rolls. Also, we're talking about a baby. I would think consistency would be important.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, bref said:

I think parents who could never come to an agreement on what to call their child are evidencing enough pathology for it to be problematic. It appears to me it's just a power struggle and Diego in particular is sticking to his guns just to be an ass, because that's how he rolls. Also, we're talking about a baby. I would think consistency would be important.

I agree. I think it's a power thing with Diego.

I realize that children are very adaptable--however, I was thinking about when Aria first learns to speak and is taught her name. When someone asks, "What's your name?" or when she goes to preschool/kindergarten and is learning to write her name--which one will it be? Will Diego call the school and make an issue of teachers calling her Aria? Or will he try to explain to the child that "Beckett" is something only the Reyes family calls her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree. I think it's a power thing with Diego.

I realize that children are very adaptable--however, I was thinking about when Aria first learns to speak and is taught her name. When someone asks, "What's your name?" or when she goes to preschool/kindergarten and is learning to write her name--which one will it be? Will Diego call the school and make an issue of teachers calling her Aria? Or will he try to explain to the child that "Beckett" is something only the Reyes family calls her?

Honestly? I don't think Diego is going to be around enough for it to matter. He's a senior, living his life relatively unencumbered by the baby. He may very well go off to college, only seeing Aria when he's home for breaks. This problem will most likely take care of itself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

If Diego truly does have an income, it's time to hurry to Family Court and get a child support order...while that money is still coming in.

Amen. She needs to do that now instead of making excuses for him. By his own admission he talked her out of using condoms. Fork up and support this baby you clearly didn't care enough to prevent making.

29 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Honestly? I don't think Diego is going to be around enough for it to matter. He's a senior, living his life relatively unencumbered by the baby. He may very well go off to college, only seeing Aria when he's home for breaks. This problem will most likely take care of itself. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Diego applied to colleges hundreds of miles away because of a football scholarship (if he's actually that good) and gets into the party scene so much he barely comes home at all. After all, Krista will send him condom-filled care packages every so often. Jessica was talking about Max being an Instagram dad but if anyone, I see that as Diego. Right now and into the future.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

You're probably right--Diego is caught up in sports--even if he doesn't play after HS, I could see him joining a local league or coaching little kids--and being very "busy" with other things.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, bref said:

I guess I dont understand that. You may not approve of abortion personally, but you think Bridget is a bad person for discussing it as an option?

I wouldn't say a "bad person" necessarily. But I do think abortion is killing an innocent baby and for Bridget to suggest such a thing is morally wrong and horribly offensive. My suspicion (which Emiley, Diego and Bridget more or less confirmed) is that Bridget was a bit heavy handed in her "discussion" of it. Someone suggested the same thing to me years ago, and yes, I was offended. 

Emiley was 17 when she got pregnant; she knew abortion exists.

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Diego applied to colleges hundreds of miles away because of a football scholarship (if he's actually that good) and gets into the party scene so much he barely comes home at all. After all, Krista will send him condom-filled care packages every so often. Jessica was talking about Max being an Instagram dad but if anyone, I see that as Diego. Right now and into the future.

If Diego is good enough to earn a football scholarship, he would not be applying to colleges; colleges would be recruiting him. And he wouldn't have any control over which ones they were. But yeah, would he really be all that involved even if he didn't go to college?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think Caelen has seen some consequences he has a job (maybe two) that's physical and keeps him away from his girlfriend and his baby.  His girlfriend DOES NOT appreciate the hours he's away EARNING MONEY for them.  He's continually disappointed and broken up with.  Those are consequences he didn't expect.

I don't think he's mr. wonderful just earning money for his family - he's out playing whenever he has free time. That's the vibe I'm getting anyway & he's resentful of her wanting him around. I get McK is lazy but Caelen wants to live like he doesn't have any responsibility to his family other than bringing home a paycheck, & that just doesn't fly. He's also immature in his own way & it's time for both to grow the hell up.

• Love 3

Caelan gave off the bastard vibe last season. He was disrespectful to Tim in his own home and didn’t do a damned thing to care for the baby.  I think he’s working noelw and has benefited from a good edit, but he’s no prize either.  People always assumed James would be the first to leave, but from what I understand, Caelan and McK broke up pretty quickly.  She may be a drama queen but I believed her about the drama with Caelan and Shelley.  How can McK respect top him from seeing his son, and why was he not bringing Timmy to see his mom.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lezlers said:

The two names thing is so fucking stupid. It's just a power play. But it's only going to confuse, hurt, and embarrass the KID as she gets older. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The two names thing is so fucking stupid. It's just a power play. But it's only going to confuse, hurt, and embarrass the KID as she gets older. 

My Catholic elementary school (1946-1954) insisted that they and we use our "legal" names.  I had a formal name with all my other "formal" classmates at school, yet we were all called our nicknames at home and with neighborhood friends.  In high school we became Dick, Tony, Pat (instead of Richard, Anthony, and Patricia).  I agree that it's a power play on the part of Diego (and it's just easier for his parents to go along with it), but it's harmless.  Let them play their little game.  It's he last thing they need to be arguing about.

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

but from what I understand, Caelan and McK broke up pretty quickly.

Didn't we hear that McKayla broke up with Caelan HUNDREDS of times over the past four years?  Sometimes 2-3 times a day...and that he NEVER broke up with her?  Why is she able to treat everyone like garbage and no one kicks her out--or puts a hit out on her?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

I wouldn't say a "bad person" necessarily. But I do think abortion is killing an innocent baby and for Bridget to suggest such a thing is morally wrong and horribly offensive. My suspicion (which Emiley, Diego and Bridget more or less confirmed) is that Bridget was a bit heavy handed in her "discussion" of it. Someone suggested the same thing to me years ago, and yes, I was offended. 

Emiley was 17 when she got pregnant; she knew abortion exists.

If Diego is good enough to earn a football scholarship, he would not be applying to colleges; colleges would be recruiting him. And he wouldn't have any control over which ones they were. But yeah, would he really be all that involved even if he didn't go to college?

Good point about the football scholarship. 

As far as the abortion I’d be inclined to agree that Bridget was heavy handed her suggestion. If her current behavior is anything to go by, there’s no telling what kind of passive aggressive antics she pulled to get Emiley to go along with that she wanted. But I don’t think Diego was actually offended because he is morally against abortion. He hates Bridget and he’s a little shit. If she’d have been happy about the baby it wouldn’t surprise me if he’d pressed for abortion or adoption.

40 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Didn't we hear that McKayla broke up with Caelan HUNDREDS of times over the past four years?  Sometimes 2-3 times a day...and that he NEVER broke up with her?  Why is she able to treat everyone like garbage and no one kicks her out--or puts a hit out on her?

I laughed way more than I should have.

Caelen might be getting a good edit because he’s not around much to film but also because he does want this relationship now. He wants to marry that girl and she’s coming off as the immature one. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

My Catholic elementary school (1946-1954) insisted that they and we use our "legal" names.  I had a formal name with all my other "formal" classmates at school, yet we were all called our nicknames at home and with neighborhood friends.  In high school we became Dick, Tony, Pat (instead of Richard, Anthony, and Patricia).  

But Aria and Beckett are 2 completely different names. One is not a nickname for the other. Like someone else said, this wont matter much longer because Diego will soon move on.

Chloe's stepdad is the epitome of calm. If that punk Max told me in my own house to bite my tongue,  I would lose my mind. 

I think Caelan probably works all day 9-5 and then nights and weekends,  he is with his friends. I guess that's not ideal but it seems better to me than BMOC Diego or Creepy Thief Max.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

But Aria and Beckett are 2 completely different names. One is not a nickname for the other. Like someone else said, this wont matter much longer because Diego will soon move on.

To children, Richard and Dick sound like two completely different names...as do Anthony and Tony.  That's why I gave those examples.   Then there's PAUL at school and BUDDY at home.

I know nicknames are not involved in this case; something young children also don't discern.  It's all fine.  There are more important things to consider.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Chloe's stepdad is the epitome of calm. If that punk Max told me in my own house to bite my tongue,  I would lose my mind. 

We know that Max is not "okay," and was sent for a mental evaluation to see if he's even capable of assisting in his defense in court.

The stepdad gave an opening with "bite my tongue."  It's possible Max doesn't even know that idiom.  He's impulsive and made a comment because he felt insulted; I would have considered the source and not continued a dangerous conversation.  The less they have to do with Max, the better.  The less they ridicule him in front of Chloe, the better.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I think Caelan probably works all day 9-5 and then nights and weekends,  he is with his friends.

Are you sure he didn't say that he works TWO jobs?  Maybe that's what's happening nights and weekends.   And if he's not spending time he could with McKayla, who blames him?  He could take Timmy and visit his mother where things seem calm and sensible.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

To children, Richard and Dick sound like two completely different names...as do Anthony and Tony.  That's why I gave those examples.   Then there's PAUL at school and BUDDY at home.

I know nicknames are not involved in this case; something young children also don't discern.  It's all fine.  There are more important things to consider.

I don’t think it’s hurting the kid but if it annoys Emiley or her family Diego will likely keep it up. I don’t see any real harm in it. Beckett is her middle name. If anything, she’ll just come to understand that her Dad prefers to call her that. She might actually like that he has a “special” name from him. 

8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Are you sure he didn't say that he works TWO jobs?  Maybe that's what's happening nights and weekends.   And if he's not spending time he could with McKayla, who blames him?  He could take Timmy and visit his mother where things seem calm and sensible.

I also thought he was working two jobs.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Yes he said he works 2 jobs & isn't finished for the day until 9pm. However, McK said he's still spending time with his friends most nights, so he's not going home to his child & the woman he supposedly wants to marry.

If he doesn't want to go home to her, he should not have moved out with her or asked her to marry him. Cut her loose & forget it.

Regardless though, he's got kids now, so he needs to curb the guy time to once in a while & pay more attention to his family, especially because he has to work so much.

• Love 2

I'm not sure what all the name drama is about with Diego and Emiley but they should have agreed on a name before birth. If they could not agree, they should have put the names they liked in a hat and drew two: first, middle. If Emiley took a "Too bad" attitude and named her Aria, it's not hard to see why Diego would refuse to call her that. It's totally in keeping with his personality. He's a jerk. No surprise there. This is what happens when teenagers have a baby.

As far as the name calling goes-- and I don't have kids so maybe I'm off base here-- but I'm just not seeing how this is going to be confusing to Aria. I hear my friends call their babies all kinds of nicknames all the time. Some are those mushy, cringeworthy ones but others like Dude I hear a lot. I have a friend who calls her year old son Dude all the time, more than saying his name. These parents don't seem worried about confusing their kid. I think the hate for Diego is what is driving the drama on the names.  I can't stand him either, but this seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, lezlers said:

Is she going to college & cheering?  Who's with the baby?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I was wondering the same thing. If Emiley works a full-time job and goes to college and cheer, day care is not after 6 pm, generally.

As for Diego and the name discussion, I don’t have a problem with nicknames or terms of endearment (I use them with my toddler grandson). I saw on Diego’s Instagram that he has a “call her Beckett” statement at the top. So I thought he might be insistent on teaching her that that is her actual name? Which, in my opinion would be confusing. Not the end of the world, but a douchey thing to do to a child. ymmv.

Edited by Adiba
Spelling
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

We know that Max is not "okay," and was sent for a mental evaluation to see if he's even capable of assisting in his defense in court.

The stepdad gave an opening with "bite my tongue."  It's possible Max doesn't even know that idiom.  He's impulsive and made a comment because he felt insulted; I would have considered the source and not continued a dangerous conversation.  The less they have to do with Max, the better.  The less they ridicule him in front of Chloe, the better.

I’m besties with an attorney and watch enough Law & Order to know that just because his attorney requested a psych eval, doesn’t mean he’s mentally unfit.  It could be to buy time, or because he’s guilty but unwilling to take a plea.  

As for the bite your tongue thing, Max used it in the right context so I don’t doubt he knew what it meant.  Maybe it’s just different in the South, but had he tried that crap in my family, he would have been thrown out by his shirt tail.  It’s happened before.  

This is why I have a problem with these kids addressing the parents by their first name.  They’re not your in-laws, nor are they your peers.  Max did it because he’s a disrespectful little shit who thinks he’s on the same level with step dad.  I would have read him the riot act and told him to get his punk ass out of my house.  He has no rights there.  If he wanted to see Ava he could go to court, but he wouldn’t step foot on my property again and there wouldn’t be a damn thing he or Chloe could do about it.  They’re kids and they don’t pay for shit!

• Love 17
On 10/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am still  kinda baffled by the youtube video of all the stuff on her registry.  For Baby #2.  That was born a year ago.

???????????????????  what baby?

13 hours ago, zoomama said:

???????????????????  what baby?

I am sorry if I am spoiling it but she

Spoiler

has been all over social media, posting about baby #2, due in February,

14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If she is in an alternative high school, there is a center on site.  At a college she may get a reduced rate but maybe not.  She is assuming grandparents will help.  This is where my social calendar would suddenly fill up.  "Sorry, I am busy.  Yep that day too.  And that one, and THAT one!!"  See a pattern?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Regardless though, he's got kids now, so he needs to curb the guy time to once in a while & pay more attention to his family, especially because he has to work so much.

And McKayla is someone every guy wants to rush home to.

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

This is why I have a problem with these kids addressing the parents by their first name.  They’re not your in-laws, nor are they your peers.

If the parents object, that should be taken care of the first time it happens.  If they let it go on, they're almost encouraging a buddy-buddy relationship.

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Max did it because he’s a disrespectful little shit who thinks he’s on the same level with step dad.

He is and he does.  For some reason, he thinks that knocking up a teenage girl makes him a MAN.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And McKayla is someone every guy wants to rush home to.

Well he chooses to be with her, moved in with her, even proposed to her, & claims he really does want to marry her. So it's on him. If he doesn't want to be with her, which would be totally understandable, then drop the engagement, move out & he'll have no responsibilities to her, except child support.

But he will always have a responsibility to be a father; he made those kids too. He needs to make time for them, not just drop them off at his mom's & go out with his bros all the time.

They're both a mess & together, even worse.

• Love 3