Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Orange County Hold ‘Em

• Start Topic

Can we ditch Emily and try her sister-in-law instead? The SIL was having fun with Gina at the poker party. She certainly seems more fun than her brother, not to mention Emily's lips bug the crap out of me.

Not quite sure what to make of the MIL licking the chocolate off the cigars, but she WAS up for shots! 

• Love 13
Just now, Bronzedog said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve had just a visceral reaction to anyone, but, I really hate Shane.

I was surprised Shannon didn’t bother checking in on Tamra after Eddie’s heart procedure because she was having a hard day.  Not good, Shannon.  Not good.

Yeah, that "it might have been an emotional day" bullspit would have set me off big time.  Shannon needs to suck it the hell up.  She's had several years now to get used to the idea of being without David, and that David is an asshole.  Buck up girl, and stop sniveling.  Kelly's faux weeping too.  Stahp!

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, SCS said:

But wait -- there's more! What if the twerp was on your computer screen too!?

Ryan_Vieth_Instagram_Sarah_post_.jpg

Thanks SCS!! Douchebag Ryan can't even spell: "delt" instead of "dealt". And yes Ryan I would LOVE to "hear" about Sarah out drinking with another man. Do tell!  (You ARE your mothers son!!) Asshole. Do you not realize your kid is going to read all of your vitriol about her mom on social media? 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Shane is a teeny-tiny man.  If I were Emily I would feel huge!  And she's really not.

I find that I’m enjoying the look of her body. She looks strong. At first i thought she was a little overweight (not a big deal at all) but then when i saw her in her work out clothes all I could see was a strong body. Of course next to Tamra everyone looks huge. 

• Love 21
46 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m assuming Pary is too wealthy to wear that wig.

Pary reminds me of an older version of Adrienne Maloof (RHBH).  I've got to give Pary credit - she is in amazing shape for a woman in her 70's....even if she is VERY, VERY camera hungry!  

• Love 22
Just now, njbchlover said:

Pary reminds me of an older version of Adrienne Maloof (RHBH).  I've got to give Pary credit - she is in amazing shape for a woman in her 70's....even if she is VERY, VERY camera hungry!  

Yes, she does look like her.  I like her, even if she wears beauty supply store wigs.   Can she be a housewife?  

• Love 16

Kelly's going to have to learn to rely on herself. She had Jolie for Thanksgiving. The two of them might have had fun cooking a traditional meal themselves, or starting some other new holiday tradition for just them. It sounds like Steve invited Michael, or Michael basically invited himself. You know what I say to all of that? Fuck 'em. Figure it out yourself. If she didn't get an invite to Vicki's at least a few days prior, she should have made other plans, plans that didn't involve the Balboa Club.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, bagger said:

Maybe that’s why Brianna packed up and left got sick and tired of hearing about how much help her mother is to her.

I don't buy this at all. For as much eye-rolling as Brianna did at Vicki, she never had a problem accepting things from her. I mean, she IS Vicki. I suspect her husband, Ryan the abusive Douche, is the reason that she left Orange County. She was in way too big a hurry to get back there for Vicki to really be that big of a problem for her. But, Ryan's behavior was getting a lot of unwanted attention and now she is away from any of her family and her only support system is Ryan and his family. I'm actually a little worried about her being cut off from everyone considering his temper. 

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Kelly's going to have to learn to rely on herself. She had Jolie for Thanksgiving. The two of them might have had fun cooking a traditional meal themselves, or starting some other new holiday tradition for just them. It sounds like Steve invited Michael, or Michael basically invited himself. You know what I say to all of that? Fuck 'em. Figure it out yourself. If she didn't get an invite to Vicki's at least a few days prior, she should have made other plans.

Plus why hold this over Vix, only? It doesn't appear that Tamra or Shannon reached out with T'giving invites either (or did i miss it?)

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve had just a visceral reaction to anyone, but, I really hate Shane.

I was surprised Shannon didn’t bother checking in on Tamra after Eddie’s heart procedure because she was having a hard day.  Not good, Shannon.  Not good.

Also really shitty of Vicki to invite Michael not Kelly for Thanksgiving but not surprising.

It’s really hard to imagine why Emily (who seems like a good person) would marry that creepy guy!

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, SCS said:

Plus why hold this over Vix, only? It doesn't appear that Tamra or Shannon reached out with T'giving invites either (or did i miss it?)

Good point, but, the reason I think Vicki should have invited Kelly is because Kelly was pretty much the only Housewife that would film with Vicki last season before the reunion of Tamra, Shannon and Vicki.  Vicki filmed with Kelly, Briana, her grandsons, and, Steve.  Kelly and Shannon hated each other until recently.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I saw a picture on Instagram and I thought Part was Kathy Hilton with dark hair for a second. 

I thought it was odd that she was on the OC.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Emily's husband is a jerk.

Loud, cackling, older women laugh at you and your opinions. 

Yeah...what a prick.  Bye bye...take your boring wife with you.

• Love 7

Apparently Emily's husband had never watched an episode of the show prior to signing on. A dinner combined with alcohol and poker = Whoop It Up, naked wasted and the occasional cat fight.  He'd be better off taking the kids to a hotel next time Emily hosts these women in their home!

• Love 15

I wonder if Shane as a Mormon was offended at all the drinking and gambling.  I don't get the age-shaming though especially considering Shane is not exactly a youngster himself.  But now that he's done it I feel no guilt talking about how unattatractive he is.  Really.  He looks like a cartoon turtle.

And Gina "rocking her 33 year old face" - watch out because in the blink of an eye it'll be a 43 year old face.  And if she's still in the OC she'll have a face full of fillers by then.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, nexxie said:

It’s really hard to imagine why Emily (who seems like a good person) would marry that creepy guy!

So remember how Emily said they had been platonic coworkers for years and then one day out of the blue he called (or maybe texted?) her and asked her to marry him.  I mean, none of their story reads like anything other than a marriage of convenience.  What that convenience might be, I am unclear.  Not exactly a love story for the ages, but hey if it works then what do I care...although it does seem like Emily tries to pry the romance from him.  It seems like she's more invested emotionally or romantically.  If I had to speculate I would posit that he is repressing his sexuality due to his religion and was getting pressure to get married and have a family.  He just seems miserable to me.

21 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

And Gina "rocking her 33 year old face" - watch out because in the blink of an eye it'll be a 43 year old face.  And if she's still in the OC she'll have a face full of fillers by then.

Oh Gina!  Blink of an eye is correct.  In the meantime the contouring in her talking heads makes her look like a 43 year old that's been playing in the mud.  It is severe.   I'm not a fan.

• Love 15

Cannot stand Shane. What an ass. He and the kids can leave at any tine. 

Vicki will never get it. But holy shit- thanksgiving Vicks????? 

My dvr cut off. Can someone tell me what Shannon was boo-hooing about in the previews?

• Love 5

Poor Eddie; to go through these health issues while being filmed!  I cannot imagine having a camera on me while talking serious health issues; knowing that the footage would be shown on teevee.  But.  It almost seems as though he is checked out.  Just about any time he is shown, he is looking down at his phone...especially when Tamra is talking to him.  He was looking down at his phone in the car, on the way home from the hospital (is was the hospital,wasn't it?).  Of course, it looked like he was sitting beside Ryan, so I can't blame him for tuning out and not wanting to look over.  He answers Tamra in a monotone almost all the time.  I almost wish they weren't filming him through this, because him trying to process all of this should be private.  But then again, that is what these people sign up for.  

And I never thought I would say this, but I kind of feel sorry for Tamra.  A little.  She was talking to him in the car and he was just not hearing her.  Maybe it is her idea to have this ordeal filmed and he is resentful?  I like Eddie and wish he could get support privately and not on a reality show.  

• Love 20

Agreed that this episode was pretty dull. I don’t care about the Vicki and Kelly fight, and I care even less about all the family scenes with the small rugrats. 

40 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Vicki’s face looks like she draped one, Hannibal Lecter’s escape-style, over her own jowly, falling “original” face.   

Omg. Legit howling. Thank you—I needed this! 

10 hours ago, bagger said:

I find that I’m enjoying the look of her body. She looks strong. At first i thought she was a little overweight (not a big deal at all) but then when i saw her in her work out clothes all I could see was a strong body. Of course next to Tamra everyone looks huge. 

Yeah she seems fit and is probably like a size 8 in “real life.”

• Love 5

It was really really rich  watching the flash back of Vicki giving  Kelly advice on social graces. 

This windbag’s overinflated love tank of delusion needs to have a pin stuck in her.

New York City waterbugs have more social grace than her.

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 19

I think the deal with Kelly and the spine doctor was that she had just paid for a very expensive dinner.  I can kinda understand her seeing that as a red flag- I had an ex who never paid for anything (though he was the one picking the expensive hotels and restaurants) but never hesitated to spend money on himself.  But I was too inexperienced to see that behavior as shady.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

What contrived BS did I just watch ? Boring, drunk cackling . OC you are better than this.  Yawn. 

Actually, I don't think they are.

32 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Cannot stand Shane. What an ass. He and the kids can leave at any tine. 

Vicki will never get it. But holy shit- thanksgiving Vicks????? 

My dvr cut off. Can someone tell me what Shannon was boo-hooing about in the previews?

Blubber blubber blubber * David * blubber blubber blubber * I'm fat * blubber blubber 

• Love 12
On 8/14/2018 at 5:04 AM, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if Shane as a Mormon was offended at all the drinking and gambling.  I don't get the age-shaming though especially considering Shane is not exactly a youngster himself.  But now that he's done it I feel no guilt talking about how unattatractive he is.  Really.  He looks like a cartoon turtle.

And Gina "rockwatching her 33 year old face" - watch out because in the blink of an eye it'll be a 43 year old face.  And if she's still in the OC she'll have a face full of fillers by then.

yeah Shane is a fugly loser.  Does he have a job?

And I'm shocked!! Is Gina really only 33? She's a hard ass looking 33. Not a bad looking woman if she was 50 but 33? 

ETA: Is Gina the blonde HoWife that kind of looks like Brittany Spears? If so, I was not referring to her (the blonde) but to the brunette whose name I haven't found interesting enough to remember!! Lol!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Emily's husband can STFU. His wife invites women over to have a good time, supplies countless shots but Gina sucks because she had a good time and enjoyed herself.  Don't get me wrong Gina probably would have gotten on my nerves after while but Emily invited these women over to FILM and drink in her home did he expect them to be quiet?  

YES!!! THANK YOU!

How many shots do you think they did? Shane's mom and sister were tossing them back too, so it's not like it was just Gina or the cast being "drunken". I guess they (mom and sis) are not Mormon.

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Apparently Emily's husband had never watched an episode of the show prior to signing on. A dinner combined with alcohol and poker = Whoop It Up, naked wasted and the occasional cat fight.  He'd be better off taking the kids to a hotel next time Emily hosts these women in their home!

I actually thought that's where he was going  when he left before everyone got there. HA!

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

yeah Shane is a fugly loser.  Does he have a job?

And I'm shocked!! Is Gina really only 33? She's a hard ass looking 33. Not a bad looking woman if she was 50 but 33? 

I think it's the makeup.  When she wears just a little she looks her age but in some scenes she piles it on like The Nanny * and looks much older.  Ironic.

* no offense to Fran Drescher who is gorgeous but as The Nanny I'm sure she had to wear pounds of makeup

• Love 1

The Orange County girls are losing me.  It's hard to stay interested and I kept changing channels.  

I watch the New York version which is fun. I think I'm done with Orange County - are there any other HWs in the franchise that I should watch?  

• Love 8

What was with that awkward cheek kiss thing between Emily and Shane? There is no chemistry between them. I'm not even sure I believe they are friends. I'm starting to wonder if the kids being conceived in petri dishes has less to do with infertility, and more to do with a marriage of convenience.

• Love 13