Type keyword(s) to search

Angela & Michael: Totin' Eggs in Powder Kegs

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

This is weird.  After all the repetitions of how old Angela is,  it JUST hit me that she is younger than our son.  I'm old enough to be her mother. 

OMG!

And yet you still look younger than her! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ugh - getting all those kids to say "I love you Papa Michael!".....although it seems sweet, it just seems off to me.

Me too. Angela is terrified of losing Michael. All her freakouts on him stem from her fear of him leaving her. She's now trained the grids to cultivate this "papa Michael" relationship as another attempt to drag him deeper into the situation. It's weird and also a little sad. If Angela weren't such an unstable hosebeast at times I'd almost feel sorry for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Me too. Angela is terrified of losing Michael. All her freakouts on him stem from her fear of him leaving her. She's now trained the grids to cultivate this "papa Michael" relationship as another attempt to drag him deeper into the situation. It's weird and also a little sad. If Angela weren't such an unstable hosebeast at times I'd almost feel sorry for her. 

And my opinion is coming from a woman who waited a looooong time to introduce her kids to her now hubby, and they call him.......his first name.  No Papa, No Daddy Name, just his name.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And my opinion is coming from a woman who waited a looooong time to introduce her kids to her now hubby, and they call him.......his first name.  No Papa, No Daddy Name, just his name.

That seems like the healthiest way. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

That seems like the healthiest way. 

Yeah, once, in joking around I referred to him as "Stepdaddy"and they both just looked at me as if to say:  "Yeah....no."  No disrepect, just no.  And guess what?  They love him to bits.  Nothing forced, just....let it flow, people!!  Thank you for kind words, @mamadrama!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
(edited)

Angela better be the first wife, or Michael will be excluded from coming here.     No bigamists are allowed, and any additional wife won't be dropping by to visit or live here either.      I hope that Angela promptly had her cancer possibility checked out, because that's nothing to put off.    

Since she's talking about marrying him in Nigeria, and staying until his spouse visa is approved, she better learn to love Nigeria enough to live there permanently.  

Angela in her wedding finery was hysterical.  She's taken the SYTTD Stripper Fairy dresses to a new low.   I can't imagine that she really left for Nigeria without getting her biopsy results.    Her mother looks like she's very close to departing the Earth, and you would think Angela would stay around for a while until that happens.    The thong, and nasty bra Angela was wearing with her wedding dress was hideous.   

Angela's daughter (the registered sex offender) won't be moving into Angela's house, and I bet won't have custody or unsupervised visitation with the kids either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are those 6 grandkids of Angela’s all Skyla’s??!  Many of them all look the same age to me. I’ve never seen another child of Angela’s on the show so I’m just curious!!

Just now, Sepalma23 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are those 6 grandkids of Angela’s all Skyla’s??!  Many of them all look the same age to me. I’ve never seen another child of Angela’s on the show so I’m just curious!!

Some are Skyla's, some the other daughter's. The split is 2/4, I don't remember which has what.

• Love 1

Mr. Outlier doesn't watch the show.  He's sometimes in the room while I'm watching, but makes no effort to "get" any of it, and is very enthusiastic when I periodically proclaim, "This show is so fake.  I'm going to quit watching."  Which I never follow through on.

So this morning, I'm telling him how I was at Costco during senior hours, and got carded on the way in, again.  I qualify age-wise, but like every other person on the planet, I look younger than I am.  😀

The conversation goes:

Me:  There was a lady in line who looked way too young for senior hours.  Oh, wait.  She was pregnant.  Definitely too young for senior hours.

Mr. Outlier:  Maybe she's just totin' it.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Mr. Outlier doesn't watch the show.  He's sometimes in the room while I'm watching, but makes no effort to "get" any of it, and is very enthusiastic when I periodically proclaim, "This show is so fake.  I'm going to quit watching."  Which I never follow through on.

So this morning, I'm telling him how I was at Costco during senior hours, and got carded on the way in, again.  I qualify age-wise, but like every other person on the planet, I look younger than I am.  😀

The conversation goes:

Me:  There was a lady in line who looked way too young for senior hours.  Oh, wait.  She was pregnant.  Definitely too young for senior hours.

Mr. Outlier:  Maybe she's just totin' it.

Could have been a beer belly like Baby Girl Lisa lol.

• LOL 6

Michael’s Auntie made the comment that Angela might be looking for a husband who is tall, among other things.  I swear he is not what I would consider tall.  In the scene with Auntie, his limbs appear to be the same proportions as his Auntie’s.He does not tower over anybody.  Was the tall comment supposed to be a joke?  Did she translate another word in her head and out came “tall”? 

• Love 4

The newest preview with Angela going off on the American expats...I can almost see her point (though that doesn't excuse her actions). I am confident that Sharp set the whole thing up because they knew how she'd react to "Michael and them wimen." There was no reason for her to meet them. I think it's a good idea for Michael to talk to other Americans, this was never going to go over well. 

• Love 5

The generator is a good idea where Michael lives.     They have frequent power outages from what I've heard (I know a couple of women with Nigerian husbands-not scammers).    One described how he grew up, and he was from a very prominent family, and their living conditions weren't great.   

• Love 1
On 7/13/2020 at 8:51 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The generator is a good idea where Michael lives.     They have frequent power outages from what I've heard (I know a couple of women with Nigerian husbands-not scammers).    One described how he grew up, and he was from a very prominent family, and their living conditions weren't great.   

DR has frequent loss of power. I spent many a vacation hearing the words "se fue la luz" (the light went off). It didn't matter how much money you had, when they went, the went. People have generators but it was such a pain! You could be in the bathroom, having a dinner party..... boom there it went! 

10 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

They may might be crazy; I might be wrong, but I think these two actually care for one another.

I agree. I don't get it on his part! 

• Love 4

I’m stunned! All this time I thought three of Angela’s grandchildren were Skyla’s kids and three were Scottie’s although I didn’t know which daughter had the biracial children. It turns out only one of the kids is Scottie’s and Skyla is the mother of the other five! 

“Her two daughters are Scottie and Skyla Deem. Scottie is the mom of one of Angela's grandkids, and Skyla is mother to the other five. While facts about those grandchildren are sparse, two of them are granddaughters who are named Marlee and Ariah”. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 7:53 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Now that the sex offender daughter has been released from prison maybe she will take some back.

I would think that Scottie would be on the sex offender register list and there would be a social worker attached to the case who would determine if she is fit to have the kids back. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I would think that Scottie would be on the sex offender register list and there would be a social worker attached to the case who would determine if she is fit to have the kids back. 

Yeah she molested a boy so maybe If her child is a daughter that might weigh on it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

“Her two daughters are Scottie and Skyla Deem. Scottie is the mom of one of Angela's grandkids, and Skyla is mother to the other five. While facts about those grandchildren are sparse, two of them are granddaughters who are named Marlee and Ariah”. 

The entire family has terrible taste in names...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

The entire family has terrible taste in names...

From Angela's mother's obituary the children are "Marlee" "Sidney" and "Larry" (last name Burch) and "London" "Ana" and "Ariah" Deem. Based on their last names made me incorrectly assume that three were Skyla's and the other three Scottie's. I've heard Angela call the lone boy "Boog" instead of his given name of Larry. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

From Angela's mother's obituary the children are "Marlee" "Sidney" and "Larry" (last name Burch) and "London" "Ana" and "Ariah" Deem. Based on their last names made me incorrectly assume that three were Skyla's and the other three Scottie's. I've heard Angela call the lone boy "Boog" instead of his given name of Larry. 

Maybe Skyla has kids by multiple men and just the first three have the same dad.  Which makes it odd that she is so judgmental about Angela’s romantic choices.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe Skyla has kids by multiple men and just the first three have the same dad.  Which makes it odd that she is so judgmental about Angela’s romantic choices.

Yes, there are at least two fathers to Skyla's "passel of youngun's," could even be three. She's obviously good at "totin' aigs" 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Skyla has three children and Scottie has three children. Skya's children are: Marlee, Sydney and Larry Burch. Scottie's children are: London, Ana and Ariah Deem. See Grandma's obituary. https://www.wainrightparlor.com/obituary/Glenda-Standridge

Also, I found this online about Sklya. It was mentioned that their town had segregated proms and Skyla went to the black prom with her boyfriend Barry Burch. That's how I know the Burch children are hers. See article: https://books.google.com/books?id=bsVMAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA295&lpg=PA295&dq=skyla+deem+prom&source=bl&ots=_p0GMt3HOP&sig=ACfU3U3XjfPdRW_RMv71gx_lVSEkKxLk7w&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjjr5TU8t7qAhVSoXIEHXO1DX4Q6AEwDXoECAoQAQ

• Useful 2
(edited)
On 6/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, MrBuhBye said:
On 6/20/2020 at 6:12 PM, magemaud said:

Thanks, I recall seeing a picture upthread here of Angela wearing a red dress and dancing with Michael at their wedding and thinking how different that Nigerian wedding appeared compared to Lisa and Usman's where the men danced while the women sat on the sidelines.

...Where does the guy Angela was photographed shopping with during quarantine factor into this? 

I thought the pic was of BGL shopping.

OMG, you’re right! I’m getting my brassy old American women married to Nigerians mixed up. Their mannerisms and story lines are very similar, but if I was forced to choose one to hang out with, it would be Angela.  

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, Cherrio said:

TOTE !

I just heard someone say it on Cold Case Files !

"he toted Chapstick"

Guess where the episode took place?   Some place called La Grange, GA    ha ha

I just heard it on another show where someone was from Georgia. Tote must be a Georgia thing... so tote away Grangela!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

OMG, you’re right! I’m getting my brassy old American women married to Nigerians mixed up. Their mannerisms and story lines are very similar, but if I was forced to choose one to hang out with, it would be Angela.  

Angela doesn't like to be compared to BGL, from what I read. 

• Useful 2
On 7/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, jackjill89 said:

I just heard it on another show where someone was from Georgia. Tote must be a Georgia thing... so tote away Grangela!

I live in GA and have never toted anything in my entire life. I have never heard anyone even say that and I went to Valdosta State (south GA for ya'll not from around here) for college. That phrase must be used in the VERY rural areas of which  Hazlehurst and La Grange absolutely are.

• Love 1
On 7/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, Arynm said:

I live in GA and have never toted anything in my entire life. I have never heard anyone even say that and I went to Valdosta State (south GA for ya'll not from around here) for college. That phrase must be used in the VERY rural areas of which  Hazlehurst and La Grange absolutely are.

I'd almost go so far to say that if you didn't hear it in Valdosta, it's just not a thing in GA lol.   I went to school in Atlanta and my folks lived in St Pete FL and I made that drive so many times... I can't think of what restaurant is on like every billboard around Valdosta (or maybe it was Cordele?).  Maybe it wasn't even a restaurant.  It was just a major milestone point on the drive back home lol.    Okay it's been 15 years, I should try and think of something else.  

Has anyone ever confirmed any Mah-kull sightings in Georgia?  I can't even remember the timeline of when this stuff was filmed versus when Angela's mom actually passed, etc.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I'd almost go so far to say that if you didn't hear it in Valdosta, it's just not a thing in GA lol.   I went to school in Atlanta and my folks lived in St Pete FL and I made that drive so many times... I can't think of what restaurant is on like every billboard around Valdosta (or maybe it was Cordele?).  Maybe it wasn't even a restaurant.  It was just a major milestone point on the drive back home lol.    Okay it's been 15 years, I should try and think of something else.  

Has anyone ever confirmed any Mah-kull sightings in Georgia?  I can't even remember the timeline of when this stuff was filmed versus when Angela's mom actually passed, etc.  

Someone posted that no immigration from Nigeria has been allowed since January.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 3:57 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

can't think of what restaurant is on like every billboard around Valdosta (or maybe it was Cordele?).  Maybe it wasn't even a restaurant.  It was just a major milestone point on the drive back home lol.

Was it King Frog in Adel? I see that sign in my dreams.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 3:57 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

the wedding was in January, Angela's mother passed away in February. Michael was in Nigeria for the Quarantine special, so there's no way he has reached the US. I am doubtful he ever will.  

• Love 3

I don't blame Angela for not wanting to cook Nigerian food...you can't just spring that on someone and take them to an outdoor market. I'd have to plan that out for a week, and have someone teach me what to make.

I'm glad momma was a good sport about the pizza, it actually looked pretty good.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Arynm said:

Was it King Frog in Adel? I see that sign in my dreams.

YES.  That's it!  I also used to see it in my dreams.  I haven't made that drive in many years, but MANNNNN that brings back memories.  It's usually where my radio crapped out and all I could get in was Jesus Radio.  

Topic-related ... a coworker recently got into 90DF and said "Angela is.... a lot."  When I asked what she thought of BGL, she said "Who?" OH MAN do I have so much to teach this young person.  

• LOL 4