Type keyword(s) to search

Angela & Michael: Totin' Eggs in Powder Kegs

• Start Topic

On 5/11/2021 at 1:45 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

While Angela is under anesthesia can they please do something about her over processed, scarecrow hair! Pretty please.

Totally with you!! Since she can spend $$$ on WLS, WHY can't she spend a few coins on some conditioner and maybe a harcut???  Jeez.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Totally with you!! Since she can spend $$$ on WLS, WHY can't she spend a few coins on some conditioner and maybe a harcut???  Jeez.

Because, to me, many MANY women hold onto a dated look as it a comfort to them, no matter how horrid it has become.  Anyone remember the lady from Texas on What Not to Wear?  With the BIG Texas Hair?  Cried at her haircut and went right back to extensions and BIG HAIR - a giant FU to the stylists.  She also went back to her rootin' tootin' good time cowgirl wardrobe as well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Because, to me, many MANY women hold onto a dated look as it a comfort to them, no matter how horrid it has become.  Anyone remember the lady from Texas on What Not to Wear?  With the BIG Texas Hair?  Cried at her haircut and went right back to extensions and BIG HAIR - a giant FU to the stylists.  She also went back to her rootin' tootin' good time cowgirl wardrobe as well.

I don't recall that episode, but Trinny and Susannah of the original "What Not to Wear" said that women often get stuck in the style and look of when they felt sexiest and most empowered. I've often found that to be true even with wealthy and/or somewhat famous people. This is definitely true in the case of a number of the Real Housewives. Tinsley Mortimer can't shake the ruffles, bows, and big blonde curls from when she was the socialite princess of Manhattan of the early aughts. Lisa Vanderpump is wedded to her satin pussy bow blouses no matter how dated they look. And Lisa Rinna loves her classic Rinna haircut.

• Love 9
On 5/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, Grifter Lives said:

The fourth time, March 29, was when Angela flew to LA to attend Dr. Michael K Obeng’s private birthday party, which was filmed and will be shown on the show. They are going to play up a “love triangle jealousy thing” with Michael Ilesamni.

I want an eye roll as a reaction choice. Lord. 

🙄

• LOL 8
On 5/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I had 80's hair, in the 80's, 90's and up to when my daughter died in 2002. My stylist would never change the thing, said it looked too good on me. Then just before my daughter died, she told me not to cut my hair off, like women do as they get older. I was just 40 when I lost her. The problem with me now is that I still hear her little voice, her words in my head telling me not to cut it, but don't know how old I was supposed to be before it would be okay with her!  It's so strange the things we hang on to in life, when we lose a loved one like a child. This is why I still walk around with my 80's hair!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I had 80's hair, in the 80's, 90's and up to when my daughter died in 2002. My stylist would never change the thing, said it looked too good on me. Then just before my daughter died, she told me not to cut my hair off, like women do as they get older. I was just 40 when I lost her. The problem with me now is that I still hear her little voice, her words in my head telling me not to cut it, but don't know how old I was supposed to be before it would be okay with her!  It's so strange the things we hang on to in life, when we lose a loved one like a child. This is why I still walk around with my 80's hair!

You keep that 80's hair, girl!  Go get some Aqua Net while you are at it!  😊

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I want an eye roll as a reaction choice. Lord. 

🙄

That is totally ridiculous! The woman is in her mid-50's, pretty sure the good looking doctor is not feeling ANYTHING for Angela. Really stupid story line, TLC.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You keep that 80's hair, girl!  Go get some Aqua Net while you are at it!  😊

I love you Mrs. Hanson:)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I am sorry you lost a child, nothing could be as hard as burying a child, it is not the natural order, we had to bury my brother, he was 40, good guy, made a ton of money, lived a great life, some days it feels like it just happened but has been 25 years.  I cannot fathom how a higher power could let that happen.  In what universe does it make sense?

As far as your hair, do what ever looks good just make sure it is healthy, Angela has a head full of damaged hair so no matter how it is cut it always looks awful.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sorry you lost a child, nothing could be as hard as burying a child, it is not the natural order, we had to bury my brother, he was 40, good guy, made a ton of money, lived a great life, some days it feels like it just happened but has been 25 years.  I cannot fathom how a higher power could let that happen.  In what universe does it make sense?

As far as your hair, do what ever looks good just make sure it is healthy, Angela has a head full of damaged hair so no matter how it is cut it always looks awful.

So sorry you lost your brother. It will be 20 years this September 11, but it still feels like yesterday. I don't know why kids have to get cancer and be taken away from their parents, I have stopped wondering why, it can cause a mother to go crazy. It's especially difficult because just 5 years before she got cancer, I got the worst case of Guillian-Barre Syndrome that they ever had in my province, and was not supposed to live, but when you have young children at home who need you, well, that made me fight for my life and I somehow survived. Then to have lost her 5 years later was just about too much for me to take. I live with survivor's guilt, every day of my life.

But I have my snarking friends to help get me through the darkest days, which really helps if you can find reasons to laugh. And the people on these shows do provide lots of laughs, that's for sure. So many funny and kind people on here, it helps so much:)

I think her hair, as well as her friend's hair, is so over bleached after all of the years she has been bleaching it. I don't see much hope for her hair unless she stops and lets it go back to her natural color. But it soon could be turning grey, and we know she won't be liking that much! Angela is just not what you would call a natural woman!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I understand when you say the things we hang onto when you loose a child. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. In 2018 I too lost my daughter; my Madison was twelve. On my Spotify I have her playlist and when I listen to it I remember her singing to them all. So you enjoy and hang onto that hair and rock it! Love and hugs to you!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I understand when you say the things we hang onto when you loose a child. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. In 2018 I too lost my daughter; my Madison was twelve. On my Spotify I have her playlist and when I listen to it I remember her singing to them all. So you enjoy and hang onto that hair and rock it! Love and hugs to you!

So sorry you lost your beautiful Madison, and it hasn't been very long for you. She was still so very young. My heart goes out to you, so happy that you have her playlist! I kept Amy's answering machine, it still has her voice on there. Amy began having pain in her jaw when she was about 15-16, but it was misdiagnosed as TMG, a jaw problem. Only when the tumor was visible on the side of her neck did we get the right diagnosis, but it soon spread to her brain. I blame myself for not getting her to the correct doctor and getting a second opinion.

I will hang on to my silly 80's hair, as well as all of the memories I have of her.  If you ever want to talk, just message me, I will be there for you. Sending love and big hugs back to you:)

• Love 10

Angela doesn't even style it, just over processed and stuck back in a ponytail or headband....she needs to find a decent hairdresser/colorist after letting it grow out for 6 months. 

Nothing wrong with her having her hair in a ponytail either, but it's the frazzled hair that makes it looks so bad. 

• Love 11
On 5/18/2021 at 1:06 AM, mittsigirl said:

So sorry you lost your beautiful Madison, and it hasn't been very long for you. She was still so very young. My heart goes out to you, so happy that you have her playlist! I kept Amy's answering machine, it still has her voice on there. Amy began having pain in her jaw when she was about 15-16, but it was misdiagnosed as TMG, a jaw problem. Only when the tumor was visible on the side of her neck did we get the right diagnosis, but it soon spread to her brain. I blame myself for not getting her to the correct doctor and getting a second opinion.

I will hang on to my silly 80's hair, as well as all of the memories I have of her.  If you ever want to talk, just message me, I will be there for you. Sending love and big hugs back to you:)

I'm right there with you ladies. My youngest son died in his sleep in 2010. Something had been off with him for a week and at one point I thought it looked like a seizure. His pediatrician said, "Well that's concerning. If he does it again then we'll send him to a neurologist." He died 6 days later. I put a seemingly healthy child to bed and woke up to a dead one. And I know the guilt. If I'd taken him to a different doctor, demanded tests, etc. Or maybe if I'd checked on him as soon as I woke up. Instead, I was happy for the quiet house and, thinking that he must've been with my husband, I took a long shower and put on makeup. It felt nice. The state ME said he'd died several hours before I woke up, but there will always be a "what if." The worst part is that nothing clued me in on that morning. No mother's intuition. In the movies and books they're always going on about that, but I was literally putting on lipstick while my child lay dead in the other room and I didn't feel a thing. It sucks.

Michael and Ange...On the one hand the dude has really seen some shit. He probably deserves citizenship more than I do. On that hand I hope his hard work pays off and he gets here and is able to stay.

On the other hand I worry about him. If the ages and situations were flipped I'd feel like this was just a couple of steps below sex trafficking.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, Nickieca said:

Angela doesn't even style it, just over processed and stuck back in a ponytail or headband....she needs to find a decent hairdresser/colorist after letting it grow out for 6 months. 

Nothing wrong with her having her hair in a ponytail either, but it's the frazzled hair that makes it looks so bad. 

On a shallow note, Mike's mom and Angela both could REALLY use a good haircut.  Brandon's mom, too.  I am sure there are more I can't think too hard on a Sunday morning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If I were Angela and I was told by the doctor before surgery that he was going to remove 1 pound of breast tissue each and then of his own accord removes 2 pounds, I definitely would not be happy.  I wonder if this could be grounds for a malpractice suit?  She had to have signed a Consent Form to have the surgery.  I wonder how detailed this consent was and whether it specifically mentioned how much tissue was to be removed.  In any event, the result is so much better than before and healthier for her.

• Useful 3
On 5/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

On a shallow note, Mike's mom and Angela both could REALLY use a good haircut.  Brandon's mom, too.  I am sure there are more I can't think too hard on a Sunday morning.

The checker I had at the grocery store this morning has Mother Mike's hair style, it is just so unfortunate.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/22/2021 at 5:13 AM, mamadrama said:

I'm right there with you ladies. My youngest son died in his sleep in 2010. Something had been off with him for a week and at one point I thought it looked like a seizure. His pediatrician said, "Well that's concerning. If he does it again then we'll send him to a neurologist." He died 6 days later. I put a seemingly healthy child to bed and woke up to a dead one. And I know the guilt. If I'd taken him to a different doctor, demanded tests, etc. Or maybe if I'd checked on him as soon as I woke up. Instead, I was happy for the quiet house and, thinking that he must've been with my husband, I took a long shower and put on makeup. It felt nice. The state ME said he'd died several hours before I woke up, but there will always be a "what if." The worst part is that nothing clued me in on that morning. No mother's intuition. In the movies and books they're always going on about that, but I was literally putting on lipstick while my child lay dead in the other room and I didn't feel a thing. It sucks.

I am so sorry, words fail me when this sort of thing happens, why does the universe let these things happen? What sense does it make?  Sadly I know two people that lost children this way, it is the sort of thing you would never wish on any parent.  Maybe some day we will know why these bright lights in our lives have to leave so soon.  I am truly sorry for your loss.

• Love 7
On 5/22/2021 at 4:13 AM, mamadrama said:

Michael and Ange...On the one hand the dude has really seen some shit. He probably deserves citizenship more than I do. On that hand I hope his hard work pays off and he gets here and is able to stay.

On the other hand I worry about him. If the ages and situations were flipped I'd feel like this was just a couple of steps below sex trafficking.

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My heart goes out to you and anyone reading that is a part of this awful group we are a part of.

The guilt I totally understand. My daughter was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease. Within a month she started treatment. She became incredibly ill with treatment. Before we knew it she was in Texas Children's CVICU. Almost a day does not go by I question my actions wondering what if this what about that. I feel like I failed as a Mom because I could not save her. 

I think that is why I enjoy this reality junk. A bit of a getaway; if just for a little while. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My heart goes out to you and anyone reading that is a part of this awful group we are a part of.

The guilt I totally understand. My daughter was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease. Within a month she started treatment. She became incredibly ill with treatment. Before we knew it she was in Texas Children's CVICU. Almost a day does not go by I question my actions wondering what if this what about that. I feel like I failed as a Mom because I could not save her. 

I think that is why I enjoy this reality junk. A bit of a getaway; if just for a little while. 

It is so true that we Moms live with so much guilt because we couldn't save our children. I live with survivors guilt as well. % years before my daughter got cancer, I got a severe  rare autoimmune disease, and was supposed to die from it because I had it so bad. I was totally paralyzed and on life support in the ICU for 2 months, 'died' 3 different times but was brought back. I think I fought so hard because I had young daughters at home who still very much needed me, because none of the doctors and nurses could believe it when I started to get better. After 4 months in the hospital, I checked myself out and went home still paralyzed from the waist, down. I slowly got better and could walk and do pretty much everything again. It was then 5 years to the day that I got sick, that my daughter was diagnosed with a rare cancer. She fought so hard to live, but after 19 months it was all over for her. So I do live with the guilt of not being able to fix my child, but also that I should have died and she should have lived. I can get to be an awful mess over it all. I think that is also why I watch so much junk tv, it gets me away from my own issues. May 23 would have been another birthday for Amy. It is the 25th anniversary when I came back home. Amy had tied yellow ribbons all down our 1/4 miles lane, and my youngest cleaned our tiny house like a pro, she was just newly 11 years old. We belong to a club that no mom should ever have to be part of. I read about your son Mamadrama on another forum on here, my heart goes out to you, Texasmom and any others here who have lost a child. Love your children every day, make their lives joyful and make lots of happy memories, because it could all change tomorrow:)

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Like I posted on the show page, Angela's skin tone is way too light for her to pull off being so blonde! She needs some professional help choosing a color that compliments her skin color, this being so blonde just washes her out. And getting a darker color would also coat the hair shaft, which would instantly make her hair look much healthier!

• Love 4
(edited)

I suspect that a boob lift and implants were planned from the beginning.     I think that's all part of the 'drama' in the storyline.     My guess is the gastric sleeve was one day, and the boob reduction was planned for the same day.   Then the storyline about Michael and Angela being upset about the smaller boobs is all for drama.     Then, they get another episode or two, of the lift, and implants.      

It's very standard to do more than one major surgery in a stand alone clinic operating room, and then the person leaves as soon as they're conscious.   Many of the upscale practices have a limo, nurses that accompany you, and hotel suites set up for a patient for a few days.    

A friend consulted a very well respected cosmetic surgeon a few hours away from where she lived (she's a doctor too, so she didn't want to consult a friend in town) to get the underarm bat wings reduced.     The surgeon would do the surgery at the surgical suite attached to his office, and suggested a few other procedures.   This included a first face lift, lift, and maybe enlarge the boobs, wanted to do her eyebrows, and some lipo. 

This would all take something like 10 hours, and as soon as she was conscious and stable, whoever went with her would take her to a local hotel they work with, and she would stay there for a couple of follow up visits, and bandage changes, and then back home.   

One reason is privacy (except in Angela's case).   Plus, a hospital operating room for the same amount of time, and maybe an overnight stay would cost thousands.   Remember that cosmetic procedures are almost all paid by the patient.   

So I wasn't shocked at Angela going back to the hotel after two major procedures.   And as others have said, she went to a surgical recovery center, with 24/7 nursing care. 

I bet there is a long list of everything she'll have done surgically.   I'm sure the coming boob lift, and enhancement will be done after she heals from the reduction.   The facelift, and everything else is already tentatively scheduled already too.     How can she be whining about Michael not being supportive?   He's in Nigeria,  and didn't want her to have all of the procedures she's already had, let alone the huge roster of other procedures I'm sure she has scheduled.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Everything from soapdirt reads like it was written by a 5th grader trying so hard to make the word/page count for their book report lol.  

Also... Angela? No.  Hard pass.  

I wasn’t going to post it.  But if my eyes had to see it, others had to see it.

• LOL 9
On 3/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

You know, we all know so much of this is producer driven drama, fine.  I have a job (I know - all of us do!) where all I do all day is THINK and make decisions.  I want to unwind for two hours on a Sunday evening and NOT think.  But why would anyone allow themselves to be portrayed in such a terrible light?  Angela is throwing cake, showing up at the tell all yelling at people, waving her finger in their faces, Mike and Andrew are just yuck all around......is the money that good?  

Your befuddlement comes from the fact that you are a normal, productive person.  

I fear I've sadly crossed over the "get off my lawn" line, age-wise; but the fact is that for a disturbing (to me, at least) number of people, being a reality tv "star", no matter how far down the "alphabet-list" you are, and no matter what it takes to get there, as a viable, indeed enviable, career path.  

It's simply the modern day traveling Freak Show, with the Discovery Family of Networks making coin off of the sucker born every minute.   

• Love 11
On 5/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, mittsigirl said:

Like I posted on the show page, Angela's skin tone is way too light for her to pull off being so blonde! She needs some professional help choosing a color that compliments her skin color, this being so blonde just washes her out. And getting a darker color would also coat the hair shaft, which would instantly make her hair look much healthier!

back in my youth I went blonde and over processed my hair. I would just dump the bottle on my head and wait. I wanted to go back to red but the color would fade within a week. I even tried going back to brown.  I ended up at the hair salon and I still remember the stylist rubbing the color into my hair. It lasted. I currently am a blonde again (I'm allergic to anything darker than an ash blonde) but I make sure to not add dye to the ends only the roots.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

My one hope regarding Angela and Michael is that Michael does get paid when filmed in Nigeria and that once he feels he has earned enough to live comfortably with a family that he will just ghost Angela and never be abused by her again.  Okay, okay, okay, I have a second hope-that TLC drops Angela and I will never have to see her on any type of media.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

My one hope regarding Angela and Michael is that Michael does get paid when filmed in Nigeria and that once he feels he has earned enough to live comfortably with a family that he will just ghost Angela and never be abused by her again.  Okay, okay, okay, I have a second hope-that TLC drops Angela and I will never have to see her on any type of media.

Even better would be a divorce, followed by Mykuhl on 90DF: The Single Life but not Grangela.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Skyla: Whachugonnado? Hack his phone?

Angela: I damn sure am. And if I’m right, he ain’t seen the raft of me yet.

HAHAHA

Does she really think that he hasn’t experienced her wrath yet? Really? Poor Michael experiences her wrath every time he communicates with her.

Also, what ever happened to 50:50? Remember when she wanted a 50:50 marriage? As far as she and Michael go, it’s definitely 100:0, in her favor. I do hope they’re done for his sake.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why the Pillow Talkers are so generous with her. She abuses him, period! I felt terrible when he came groveling back to her on the phone, but I think he REALLY wants to be in the U.S., and he probably knows that - immigration wise - he can't just jump to another American woman if they break up. He wasted his chance on her.

• Love 13
On 6/25/2021 at 9:16 PM, Teri313 said:

And I can't for the life of me figure out why the Pillow Talkers are so generous with her. She abuses him, period!

I cancelled Sling as the only thing I was watching live was Pillow Talk.  I could not take "Go get 'em Angela!"  and "I love her SPUNK!" - I have said it before but her scenes should come with a warning.

• Love 6

Unfortunately, I believe this-especially the serving alcohol to minors.  She has always seemed like she thinks the laws/rules don't apply to her.

I have thought for the last several seasons she should be fired, but if these are actual charges and she is found guilty she should be off of our screens.

This show has featured far too many people who have questionable backgrounds and who demonstrate abusive behavior and/or tendencies.

• Love 6
On 6/30/2021 at 6:57 AM, greekmom said:

While I loathe Angela and think she's abusive and TLC should drop her (they wont until someone gets hurt and they are threatened with legal action), this above link is like the lowest form of click bait and it thrives on people forwarding its links.

As for Michael, he's a tool who puts up with this because he pretends he loves Angela and we all know it's bullshit, he wants the card. I feel no pity for him either because he can walk away any time. Even when he whines to his friends and they tell him enough is enough, leave now, he still waffles and they're calling him out on it and he's not saying he's not waffling. He's just as stupid as she is except in this case the conner got outconned. He thought he could get to the US by hooking up with a fat, ugly pig of a human being and she'd be ever thankful to him for looking upon her with anything not resembling revulsion. Instead he got a she-pig who will abuse him every opportunity she gets. If she's like this on camera, imagine what she's like off camera, unless the both of them are scamming TLC and in which case, my hat's off to them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I read that you have to go through the state Attorney General's office in the state you live in to see if the marriage is valid, so in Angela's case, it depends on if the marriage was recognized in Nigeria (or faked for the cameras), and legal in the U.S. according to Angela's state law.    I wonder if Angela registered her marriage in the U.S., or if it's valid here?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read that you have to go through the state Attorney General's office in the state you live in to see if the marriage is valid, so in Angela's case, it depends on if the marriage was recognized in Nigeria (or faked for the cameras), and legal in the U.S. according to Angela's state law.    I wonder if Angela registered her marriage in the U.S., or if it's valid here?

That’s an excellent point.  I would question the legality of what transpired.  

• Love 1