Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: The Three-Hour Live Finale

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That's because the ring Garrett picked was butt-ugly and Becca visibly recoiled when she saw it.

I didn’t like it either. The one Blake picked was gorgeous. 

I was spoiled but for those who weren’t....was it obvious throughout all of tonight’s episode that it was definitely Garrett? Because I thought it was as clear as day!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, b2H said:

The other show they are hawking, “A Million Little Things” is an update of the Big Chill.  Don’t know about this one......

“A Million Little Things” reeks of a Dollar Store 

“This Is Us”.

1 minute ago, timesywimesy said:

Edited by timesywimesy
Too much wine
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

If I were Becca I'd have thought twice about marrying someone who had been married before, or at least I'd have wanted to be sure there was not a video of him crying at his wedding to a woman who could be my double. 

Marrying someone who was married before?  not a big deal, it happens.  

Marrying someone whose marriage broke up after 2 months because his family and his wife didn't get along?  That's a red flag! 

• Love 23

Kimmel just played a hee-larious video of Garret picking the ring from Neil Lane, then ... well, the video goes off the rails a bit, but played more true to me than Garret picking a ring for Becca. Video clip will be online soon.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DNR said:

Ran to google during commercials and Yup , Garrett did the emotional crying routine. ?? 

yeah , Becca’s got terrible taste in men. 

*! Omg a shadowbox ???? ???????????

Wow!  I hadn't seen that before.  First, excellent videography. Second, the song... So, do you still love her long after she's gone, gone, gone?  Apparently not.  I thought out of the two Garrett looked like a good fit for her, but now, it's just sort of creepy.  How do you plan a wedding and make sure you do everything differently.  How would you feel secure in his sincerity after that display of Luuurrvvv in the video?  Just so uncomfortable.

• Love 7

If Becca’s dad was so loving and caring, why would neo-nazi remind her of him? That’s not a compliment to her father.

Yeah, when she was saying he reminded her so much of her father I kept thinking:   “Uh, so your dad was an unstable racist who cried all the time?”

Not that the finales don’t often feel like this, but this one felt particularly engineered.  Becca had absolutely no chemistry ever with Garrett; their conversations never read like two people who genuinely have feelings for each other (Garrett was so transparently fake he often felt like he was reading lines in a high school play).  And Blake’s getting dumped feels so obviously set up to give him the usual Bachelor sob story about seeking to overcome heartbreak.

What I bet— and I’d bet even more that she’s not happy about it at all— is that Becca had no idea she end up forever being known as “The Bachelorette who Chose the Nazi.”   But them’s the perils of reality tv, Beccs.  You played the storyline they wrote, but you forgot that the actual real real-world sometimes comes back to make things a little too real.  So enjoy that reputation as somebody who doesn’t mind ending up with a bigoted creep.  You’ve earned it.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, atlanticslide said:

Becca, you fucking idiot. 

(not that Blake is much better, but, ugh. Garrett.)

Idiot. Total idiot. He's the love child of Tom Brady and Gronk

"It started in a minivan and ended in a minivan" -CH

• Love 9

Jimmy Kimmel is making fun of the eagles comment and apparently Garrett has a bad habit of leaving paper towels around the house. Oh and he snores. Does she like anything about him?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Jimmy Kimmel is making fun of the eagles comment and apparently Garrett has a bad habit of leaving paper towels around the house. Oh and he snores. Does she like anything about him?

Paper towels?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

Paper towels?

“He snores so dang loud...he loves paper towels and leaves them all around the house. A crumpled paper towel here, a crumpled paper towel there and so I’ve started super zooming them [on Instagram] and send him videos all day long...I don’t know why it irks me so much.”

• Love 6

The ultimate lesson from this season is that Becca did not end up as the lead on this show because she makes good decisions in the romantic realm.  

• Love 9

I know that Blake comes off really, really strong, but he grew on me. He seems like he really is trying to be a decent person, and really did fall for Becca. he clearly needs some therapy, but I think he seems like a sincere, even fun kind of person. Also a dude bro, but a nice, goofy dude bro who makes sure everyone at the party has a safe ride home, even while he drunk cries. Garret, even looking beyond the Instagram likes, just seems shallow and boring, especially compared to a lot of the other guys. I think Becca had some really quality guys this season, and she went with one of my least favorites. 

Becca seems like she is trying too hard with Garret. Like she had a list of things she wanted who were different than Arie, and Garret was just the one that fit the most. I do hope that Becca finds some happiness though. I think she is a nice enough person, even if Garret brings out her boring side, and I think she needs to take some more time when she and Garrett inevitably break up. This screams rebound to me on every level. Maybe its good that she went with Garrett. If she used a more high quality guy as her rebound, I would feel worse for him. 

At least I got to meet Jason, and Joe the Grocer this season. So I got a few wins at least.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

The moles on Garret's face reminds me of the guy from Married At First Sight who ended up with the ex-Bachelor/Bachelor Pad nurse Jamie (yes I watch too many crap reality shows)

Right there with you.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, econ07 said:

Anyone who can let a dude propose to them only to shoot them down on national tv has something important missing inside ... I don't care how nice they seem.

Especially after what she went through with Arie, you'd think she would at least have enough empathy to dump him on the date the night before. But no, she made him get on that boat and sweat his guts out while she humiliated him in a carefully crafted monologue. Becca really did become Arie. Knew she was going to pick Garrett as soon as she started saying "This whole time I had thought it would be Blake but..." 500 times to her family.

Garrett's a white supremacist and Blake seems to have the makings of a violent stalker. Becca sure can pick 'em!

• Love 1

I second that the ring was hideous and I can see becca thinks so too . I'm sorry but you have all those free rings sitting in front of you and THATS the one you choose ? Yuck . 

Becca and her sister do not look like they would come from the same parents other than both having blue eyes . That sisters hair though ! A little gel never hurt anybody . 

Poor blake was probably so hopeful about getting the scorned lover turned bachelor gig but it's not gonna happen and I think he probably hates Jason for that . Becca lucked out that Arie dumped her in the way that he did and didn't wait the usual few months until it just came out in magazines and she couldn't benefit from it . She really should thank Arie actually because without that happening , she never would have gotten the gig . 

I really hate the recycled question and answer every season that is " was there a moment that you knew I wasn't the one ? What did I do wrong ? " as the lead answers " it's not anything you did , it's just I had to weigh the relationships and see which fit my life better ."... I mean realistically the lead isn't going to say , "well, your breath smells and I'm not as attracted to you as the other guy ." So stop asking that stupid question . Obviously they just weren't that into you . 

I like becca but omg is she over the top . I remember someone saying last season that she's definitely the type that fist bumps at her wedding and I could definitely see that happening too . 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

I haven’t seen anything to suggest Blake is violent or had stalked anyone. Is there something about his personal life that I don’t know?

I haven’t heard that either. I think because he doesn’t have a “perfect” family life, and he witnessed violence at his high school, people think it’s a red flag for something more sinister about him as a person. I disagree with that opinion. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I haven’t heard that either. I think because he doesn’t have a “perfect” family life, and he witnessed violence at his high school, people think it’s a red flag for something more sinister about him as a person. I disagree with that opinion. 

I don't think he's violent but something about the way he speaks comes off as creepy to me . But I do think he's hot and seems nice and would have no problem finding a good girl in real life if he's really as he's portrayed on tv . 

• Love 2

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something about Garrett that grosses me out. Maybe it's just the combo of his Neo Nazi tendencies and the fact that he sounds like a legit dimwit? I don't know, but I just can't imagine being attracted to that guy. Did I mis-hear, or did he actually say "I like the way she says 'bag'"?  

On the one hand, I allllllllllmost wanted to give Becca credit for not defending Garrett over the IG stuff and outright saying that it wasn't good and that they had words over it. On the other hand, they both talked about it as something that happened to them, rather than something shitty he did, which is bullshit. And idiotic - your partner showing that he's a homophobic asshole who believes in conspiracy theories about teenage victims of gun violence is not something you "get through." That's not a hurdle to climb over or something to work past unless you're willing to just close your eyes to it. He's not going to change.

I'm still kind of perplexed about how she came to her decision. Her only reasoning was "I was so into you that I didn't really see anyone else" which... huh? Why would you then choose someone else? 

• Love 21

Garret loves the way she says "bags." Wut?

I thought Blake was going to turn into the Incredible Hulk and rip his shirt off, push Becca into the ocean and kill the cameramen. Did he miss the part where there are two men at the end and one goes home? It happens every time. I think he was too intense and too jittery during the whole time in the Maldives and Garrett was just more fun. 

• Love 3

Garrett -- just listening to him talk is making my brain cells die. Dumb jock is right.

So he admitted his two-month marriage died because his wife didn't want to be just another member of his extended family. He talks about God, did he miss the part about leaving the parents to "cleave" to his new wife? I'm not a "Bibler" but even I know that one. Funny how similar his first wife looks to his new "fiancee".

So tired of the importance this show puts on the original nuclear family. No, the person doesn't have to "fit in perfectly" with the family for the marriage to be a success.

If Garrett said one more time that she makes him a better man, I'm going to scream. Oh, crap, now Blake said it.

I feel bad for Blake. But he was a tad looney in his intensity.

As for driving up in a minivan -- I would have been worried he'd expect me to fill it with kids, making that my career. If you're into it, fine, but I'm a career woman and mother of one. Which is why I noticed the smarter (she seemed to me) saying Blake would challenge her. Garrett is too dumb too challenge anyone.

Edited by Andromeda
because minivan
  • Love 13

I liked that in the end Becca cut off a proposal speech with "something she just has to say", that Becca really knows how to bring every convo back around to her, even her fiance-to-be's proposal. Let's talk about how >I< feel! Let's talk about how many dogs >I< want!! It's not the best quality to have. Have fun at Costco kids.

• Love 4

Why did I go to Garrett's IG account and read the comments. Why. "DUMB LIBTARD SNOWFLAKES SAFE SPACES PC CRAP SNOWFLAKES GARRETT #1 MAGA CONSERVATIVES ARE PERSECUTED LOL LIBTARDS CROOKED HILLARY"

Wow, Donald Trump responded directly to Garrett’s IG account?  I did not know he was a Bachelorette fan! :-)

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I thought it was really shitty of Becca to suggest to Blake he wouldn’t be good if their future child got sick. The people who survive a lot of bad things in their childhood are often kind and sensitive to other people’s suffering ( in my experience). What makes her think Garrett would be great in a crises? He might remind her of her dad, but he’s not him.

Right?  Garrett, the obvious dimwit who said he can count on one hand the # of times he's been sad in his life?  Oh, so he'll just grin vacantly through any crises that may arise, that's much better.

Wow, Donald Trump responded directly to Garrett’s IG account?  I did not know he was a Bachelorette fan! :-)

Ha!  Yes, he must have a ton of IG sockpuppet accounts leaving those comments (this is preferable to believing that there are so many people out there who sound just like him).

Edited by llamallamadingdong
  • Love 8

Becca learned nothing from the fiasco with Arie. She went with a shallow goofy bro, the kind of guy whose idea of fun is to snap a towel at other guys' asses in the locker room and who has already proven that he cuts his losses and flees when faced with serious relationship issues. I predict they will soon split and join the ranks of contestants in this franchise who have called it quits shortly ATFR. The business about moving to California was hilarious. I remember Trista Sutter embarrassing herself years ago in an interview when she spoke about seeking "opportunities" in Hollywood.  A gig on this show is not going to lead to anything but a firm spot on the z-list. 15 minutes are officially up for Becca and Garrett.  Time to go away. 

• Love 13

My take on why Becca chose Garrett is because she can control him.  The mere fact that she said Blake challenges her is reason enough (in her mind) to choose Garrett.

Becca doesn't want a challenge, she wants to drag Garrett around (controlling him) while he slobbers all over her.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

“He snores so dang loud...he loves paper towels and leaves them all around the house. A crumpled paper towel here, a crumpled paper towel there and so I’ve started super zooming them [on Instagram] and send him videos all day long...I don’t know why it irks me so much.”

Wow. Already incessantly publicly shaming him for stupid shit? I thought the first wife was too much of a nagging downer? 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wow. Already incessantly publicly shaming him for stupid shit?

Yeah that kind of stuff usually shows up with the "7 year itch" if the public part of it ever shows up!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

If Becca’s dad was so loving and caring, why would neo-nazi remind her of him? That’s not a compliment to her father.

I'm beginning to think it's all about guns.  Becca's dad loved to hunt, Garret loves to hunt, hunting requires guns, and Garret probably didn't like the anti-gun movement that came out of the school shooting so that's why he chose to believe the kids were actors.  Becca's father has entered that realm of sainthood that dead family members go to and she's sure he would like Garret because?  Guns.  Her definition of a real man is one who loves to hunt and her uncle's definition of a wonderful soul is a man who continually cries like a two year-old in Walmart.  For a long time I thought Garret was too dumb for Becca, but now I'm not so sure it isn't a match made in some sort of heaven where everybody sheds a lot of sentimental tears, blows their noses on paper towels, and  goes out and shoots animals.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Becca learned nothing from the fiasco with Arie. She went with a shallow goofy bro, the kind of guy whose idea of fun is to snap a towel at other guys' asses in the locker room and who has already proven that he cuts his losses and flees when faced with serious relationship issues. I predict they will soon split and join the ranks of contestants in this franchise who have called it quits shortly ATFR. The business about moving to California was hilarious. I remember Trista Sutter embarrassing herself years ago in an interview when she spoke about seeking "opportunities" in Hollywood.  A gig on this show is not going to lead to anything but a firm spot on the z-list. 15 minutes are officially up for Becca and Garrett.  Time to go away. 

Well Trista was on the first dancing with the stars .... people forget that ! I loved Trista even with that baby voice :)

• Love 1

Am I misremembering,  or did the Finale once have a BNation successful couple there to offer advice?

The reason Becca let Blake go all the way to the boat ride and proposal area was....the show! Knowing both her decision (you know CH did) and Blake's emotional nature,  TPTB hoped for and got the most crushed and tearful suitor ever, to later show the world while forcing Blake to re-live the humiliation. Dra-ma! ?

Then,  with Garrett on stage,  Becca was so OTT that even CH at one point asked her why she was yelling! ?

I also thought it was interesting how CH kept up the questioning about Garrett's SM life,  such that the show ended,  the "future-family" van notwithstanding, on rather a bummer, unenthusiastic note (of Garrett's own making). CH was angling for the outright apology that never came. **?

And now Becca is getting "irked" with her fiance's snoring,  his inexplicable paper towel littering,... ?

So it's on to LA (nobody believes Becca's "first Minnesota and then" wherever Blake is from,  do they?), for "Dancing With the Stars" and whatever else Sean and Catherine did. ?  ? ?

Except for marriage. Ain't gonna be no marriage here.  ?

**Garrett refused to, or was too dim to, take the opportunity CH kept offering for REDEMPTION (both Garrett's AND the show's, for not screening out a man of shameful beliefs). America loves a repentant sinner! But a nutcase conspiracy theorist, not so much. Garrett, as Becca probably realized as she sat there, was throwing away future TV appearances, PAID TV appearances. ???

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I also thought it was interesting how CH kept up the questioning about Garrett's SM life,  such that the show ended,  the "future-family" van notwithstanding, on rather a bummer, unenthusiastic note (of Garrett's own making). CH was angling for the outright apology that never came.

best thing about them riding off into their not future together is someone from production put a HRC bumper sticker on the van.  

Good luck to Becca in trying to get a "Hollywood" career out of this with Garrett and his likes attached to their coupledom.   

• Love 8

Becca’s too bland for a “Hollywood “ career.  Cute, probably well meaning, ultimately sort of dumb.  Wish it had been Tia.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something about Garrett that grosses me out. Maybe it's just the combo of his Neo Nazi tendencies and the fact that he sounds like a legit dimwit? I don't know, but I just can't imagine being attracted to that guy. Did I mis-hear, or did he actually say "I like the way she says 'bag'"?  

On the one hand, I allllllllllmost wanted to give Becca credit for not defending Garrett over the IG stuff and outright saying that it wasn't good and that they had words over it. On the other hand, they both talked about it as something that happened to them, rather than something shitty he did, which is bullshit. And idiotic - your partner showing that he's a homophobic asshole who believes in conspiracy theories about teenage victims of gun violence is not something you "get through." That's not a hurdle to climb over or something to work past unless you're willing to just close your eyes to it. He's not going to change.

I'm still kind of perplexed about how she came to her decision. Her only reasoning was "I was so into you that I didn't really see anyone else" which... huh? Why would you then choose someone else? 

I agree, I think they will eventually have issues over his beliefs, because he won't change them in the end.  Honestly if he likes Trump and what Trump believes in, that right there will be an issue throughout their relationship because it is very hard for someone that despises Trump when you see all of the stuff he stirs up every day, to relate to someone that idolizes him.  I am not making a political statement about who should like who, but just saying Trump is not the kind of character to bring people together--he is only a divider.  If Becca has IG posts showing the other side of things, that pretty much says she wants nothing to do with the Garrett side of things. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I can't believe she's going to make him propose. It's clear, since he's the first we see, that he's going, so YIKES!!!!! We know from the past she could stop him if she wanted. 

Maybe she was going to say yes until she saw all that sweat.

Noooo!   Becca!  Say yes to the sweats!!!

• Love 1

Was never going to be short, rat-faced Tia from the "holler".

I think Becca is actually beautiful. There have been lesser lookers who had acting careers (I don't think she wants that; I'm just sayin').

ETA: Wait! The F2 were a man who experienced a school shooting, and a man who believes school-shooting victims are mere "crisis actors"?!

I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't some real confrontation on the show's wish-list.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

True, "violent" wasn't the word I was looking for. He just has a creepy, obsessive affect imo.

When Garrett was talking about Becca's accent I laughed. Do Minnesotans really have that noticeable of an accent?

Yes!  LOL. 

I disagree that Garrett is a neo Nazi or white supremacist. He liked some pictures he thought were amusing. How many guys liked the picture of Kathy Griffin holding up Trump’s bloodied head? If you’re objective, it’s just as bad. 

But that aside, Garrett seems simple. Just sort of goes along with everything, smiling the whole way. I don’t think he said more than 1 word to every hundred of Becca’s on the After the Final Rose. I’m guessing they won’t last. 

• Love 12