Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: The Three-Hour Live Finale

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Yes, there was a car seat in the van filled with soccer balls and sporting equipment.  But Garrett also had all that in there the night he showed up at the mansion with it to show Becca he was ready for kids.

Ahh, I must have missed Garrett's introduction. I didn't see that. Ok, that's a c**** in my theory. I'm still thinking  it tho because of Chris asking if they had any "news to share", then the family van gift.

Putting on my firesuit ,ready for the fire bombs,lol.  I'm just happy to see two people find someone who truly__ is head over heels in love with them and are really happy. It's hard to find that anymore in this mad world. God Bless these two crazy kids and I  I wish nothing but true happiness and love and a wonderful family of kids to them. 

• Love 9

The ring Blake picked out looked too much like the one Arie picked.  The one Garrett picked was a lot different.  I like that it doesn’t look exactly like every other bach ring. One big diamond surrounded by lots of little diamonds..,.theyve all been the same style.  Becca’s ring is different and for them original.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Putting on my firesuit ,ready for the fire bombs,lol.  I'm just happy to see two people find someone who truly__ is head over heels in love with them and are really happy. It's hard to find that anymore in this mad world. God Bless these two crazy kids and I  I wish nothing but true happiness and love and a wonderful family of kids to them. 

I agree in that they seem really, really, really happy and in love.  More and different than other couples I've seen on both shows.  

• Love 7

I feel like Soupy Sales when he asked kids to "send me the green paper you find in Daddy's pockets" ???:

"Kids, send me all the shiny yellow pieces of metal you find in the box on Mommy's bureau." ?? ? ? 

I like yellow gold. ? ?

• Love 3

There are so many Bachlorettes in successful relationships, these two won't be in too high demand. Becca was the 14th Bachlorette.Of the first ten Bachlorettes, three of them are married to the man they chose on the show.  The last three Bachelorettes are still with the winner of the their respective seasons, and we'll see what happens with any future seasons. 

• Love 3

Huh, they actually really didn't seem in love at all to me. Becca's reaction to the actual proposal was awkwardly muted and I felt like every time Garrett talked about her he was more enamored of the fantasy future he'd mapped out than he was of her (and I'd have suggested that all of those tears were manufactured but... that video of his first wedding...). On ATFR they just seemed like two people who maybe kind of like each other but mostly came across to me like two people who don't really know each other - which, hilariously, Becca even outright said, commenting that they want to get to know each other. The "he snores and leaves paper towels around the house - he loves paper towels!" was supposed to be cutesy, but it was just so basic and didn't actually come across like two people who really know anything about each other or have a personal relationship.

• Love 5

Haven't read the whole thread yet. Looks like people are divided on the ring... Eh. I had to go to sleep once I figured she was going to dump Blake and pick The Great White Supremacist Shark! Ye gods. That'll work well.

I felt sorry for her family, trying to say "He seems kind of dumb, don't you think?' in a non-offensive way. I don't think old Sharkie is going to challenge her too much mentally.

I've now watched the whole shitfest and was astonished they got a van with dents and rusty bits. I thought they were getting a brand new product placement family van, as well as the free trip to Thailand to help them escape the fallout from Garret's vile social media persona/actual secret self.

I don't know what he's going to be 'guarding' her from, or for how long, but god Becca...

Blake seems like a decent enough guy and did not deserve that. (I would enjoy if she pulled a Grampa Possum and decided she'd made a mistake, which I think she has.) I started trying him out for The Bachelor in my mind, but I find I switch off partway through a sentence when he's talking so that's not good.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, vast wasteland said:

Just have to say that I think Garrett and Becca are well suited.  He obviously adores her in his own dim witted way, and she has someone whose viewpoint mirrors hers, that it is all about her.  All this imo only, of course.

She's a pretty vocal Hillary supporter, and also at least some liberal issues, so the "viewpoint mirrors hers" isn't true beyond any percieved ego issues.

Edited by EllenB
Scrambled sentence.
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

What do I have to do to ensure that I never again her the term "guard her heart" on national TV? Is Becca's heart some sort of priceless artifact? Why on Earth does it require 24-hour monitoring? 

He didn’t even get a “guard and protect your heart” tattoo like Kasey on Ali’s season—so he’s obviously not taking the task very seriously.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I had a feeling a few weeks ago none of the guys would be The Bachelor because it was such a dull season and that they would pick someone from a past season

My fantasy show is a triple bachelor scenario with lots of great women competing for Jason, Joe and John.

• Love 9

Did Becca bother to ask either of them who they voted for?

Apparently not. She should have asked Rachel for her list she had prepared for all the guys before the fantasy suite. According to Bryan it was like two pages long and included things like who did you vote for in the last election, credit score, etc. Of course, and admittedly I really didn't watch much of this season, but from the little I did see, I can't imagine Garrett and Becca had conversations any deeper than how much she loved her dad and how much Garrett reminded her of said dad because you know, reasons...

Then Chris gives them a vacation in Thailand, as a gift. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any other couple getting a gift like that. 

Rachel and Bryan were given a trip to Spain during last year's finale. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Blake to Becca's sister: "I'm crazy. ...Crazy about Becca." There was a very noticeable and appropriate pause there.

Ah poor guy! My friend and I both got on our phones to avoid emotional discomfort during that proposal rejection. Blake started sweating buckets as soon as he realized. Ugh. Yikes.

Becca's family thinks Garrett would make a good father? What about their few hours long interaction that was completely removed from the presence of kids made them think that? Hm? Just, such a weird thing to say when you've never seen this person interact with small humans.

Becca: "The dolphin jumping reminds me of a spiral macaroni and cheese noodle!" Deep thoughts, man. Also, "I would be happy dying here. With you." I imagined Garrett saying "Doable" and shoving her off the boat.

Garrett: "I can hear children's laughter when I look at her!" I felt nauseous so many times listening to him prattle on about the romanticism of diapers.

Also vomit-inducing was the amount of times Becca looked at Garrett with heart eyes telling him how much she reminded him of her father. Umm, if I was dating some guy who told me his love for me had a lot to do with me reminding him of his mother, I'd be out of their quicker than you could say Oedipal complex.

My God was this episode boring. We talked through most of it and it still felt two hours too long.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 18

Blake kind of looks like Johnny Manziel.

Thanks for this.  All season I’ve wondered who Blake reminds me of.  Probably why I didn’t care for him all that much.  Not that I hate Manziel, I just think he’s an idiot for wasting his potential.  Blake’s a little too needy and Garrett’s first marriage should be a red flag for any woman.  There are always two sides to every story.  I’m not optimistic for them.

In early seasons of The Bachelorette, the ‘ette didn’t stand there and wait for the guy to start talking and make a fool of himself.  She started the conversation and explained why she chose him or why she didn’t.  This forced proposal is ridiculous.  She’s the one who chooses and she’s the one who should be explaining.  I’m firmly a member of Team Peter, you cannot know, after a few weeks of contrived dates that you’ve found The One.  It trivializes the engagement and the commitment.  Yeah, yeah, I know it’s reality tv and all that.  I get it.  But the show was better when a proposal and all the “down on one knee” nonsense was optional.  It insults my intelligence.

• Love 11
On August 6, 2018 at 8:25 PM, Nowhere said:

I wonder if Becca knows about Garret’s tweets or at least his political views. If she does, she deserves him. She probably agrees with his racism so let’s all pray that they don’t reproduce. 

Well, yeah. I mean, only a Nazi would decide to buy FOUR pure-bred puppies from a PET STORE when there are a million perfectly good shelter dogs who need homes!!

• Love 4
On 8/7/2018 at 2:43 PM, OldWiseOne said:

He calls it mindless double tapping but he wouldn't be seeing those things on IG unless he searched them out or was following those accounts. So why follow accounts that post that kind of crap unless you agree with it?

Really, really good point!!

On 8/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, huskerj12 said:

I also think that Becca was totally blinded by the fact that he reminded her of her dad with his love of fishing and... I don't remember what else.

For the longest time this season, we kept hearing over and over again how Garrett reminded her of her dad.  So I assumed she felt that way because of numerous traits she saw in Garrett that were significant aspects of her father's personality and characteristics.  But we flat out heard her say that it was because of Garrett's love of fishing.  WTAF????????

On 8/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, SallyAlbright said:

As long as Becca likes the ring, who cares? It's not what I personally would wear but it's obviously huge and pretty and shiny, and she mentions in that interview above that she loves gold. 

In Chris Harrison's always cringe-worthy interviewing of the happy couple, he opened I think by harping repeatedly on the ring.  And Becca looked and sounded soooo unenthused about it in her responses.

• Love 4
On 8/7/2018 at 10:40 PM, atlanticslide said:

On ATFR they just seemed like two people who maybe kind of like each other but mostly came across to me like two people who don't really know each other - which, hilariously, Becca even outright said, commenting that they want to get to know each other. The "he snores and leaves paper towels around the house - he loves paper towels!" was supposed to be cutesy, but it was just so basic and didn't actually come across like two people who really know anything about each other or have a personal relationship.

So I have a question about this.  Did she say the snoring and paper towels thing on the ATFR?  Because I watched the clip someone posted a link to, of an interview that appeared to have been conducted with Becca and Garrett the day after the finale, and she mentions the snoring and paper towels there.  If she said it both places...wow, stock answer much?  

On 2018-08-07 at 8:13 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Awwww that's nice, you're so optimistic! I don't think it's going to work out either but at least Becca scored some nice dresses and a couple of good trips. And managed to wash Arie out of her errrrr....hair.....

14 hours ago, BiteTheLime said:

Well, yeah. I mean, only a Nazi would decide to buy FOUR pure-bred puppies from a PET STORE when there are a million perfectly good shelter dogs who need homes!!

Oh I hope not! Are people naive enough to purchase dogs and cats from pet stores anymore? PetSmart has adoption days (only cats and kittens I think) but otherwise I think most rational people would stay far away from canines coming from a pet store. Did they mention this on the show? I watched the entire season but couldn't get thru the finale. Kind of quit while Garrett was snivelling at her parents home.

Looked over the ring. It looked kind of gaudy. I might have been impressed if I was still eight-years-old. I am surprised that they couldn't have gotten the ring sized before that video interview.

• Love 1

Why The Bachelorette Will Disappoint Us Every Single Time

21 hours ago, jade.black said:

Blake to Becca's sister: "I'm crazy. ...Crazy about Becca." There was a very noticeable and appropriate pause there.

Ah poor guy! My friend and I both got on our phones to avoid emotional discomfort during that proposal rejection. Blake started sweating buckets as soon as he realized. Ugh. Yikes.

Becca's family thinks Garrett would make a good father? What about their few hours long interaction that was completely removed from the presence of kids made them think that? Hm? Just, such a weird thing to say when you've never seen this person interact with small humans.

Becca: "The dolphin jumping reminds me of a spiral macaroni and cheese noodle!" Deep thoughts, man. Also, "I would be happy dying here. With you." I imagined Garrett saying "Doable" and shoving her off the boat.

Garrett: "I can hear children's laughter when I look at her!" I felt nauseous so many times listening to him prattle on about the romanticism of diapers.

Also vomit-inducing was the amount of times Becca looked at Garrett with heart eyes telling him how much she reminded him of her father. Umm, if I was dating some guy who told me his love for me had a lot to do with me reminding him of his mother, I'd be out of their quicker than you could say Oedipal complex.

My God was this episode boring. We talked through most of it and it still felt two hours too long.

Absolutely exquisite post, thanks.  Spot on for me.  Loved this:

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 2

Clinger jabs aside, I thought it was very sweet that Blake told Becca "I love you" during their goodbye. It wasn't desperate or begging, just showing that he would still care about her even when they weren't together.

Also how does acting anxious that the woman you've been groomed to be head over heels in love with might pick the other dude disqualify you from being able to handle a sick child?

On 8/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, JudyObscure said:

My unpopular opinion is that I would love to have someone like Becca's sister as the next Bachelorette.  I thought she, her plump shoulders, her porcelain skin, and her fabulous hair were beautiful in a Renaissance art sort of way, and it would be fun for me to see diversity expressed in unconventional beauty rather than the usual  cookie cutter, thin woman with straight hair that all Bachelorettes must have regardless of ancestry.  The men would have to be cast after the lead was announced to be sure they could handle it, of course.

How sad that men have to be screened to make sure they won't go running from a woman with 40 extra pounds. It's the truth though, unfortunately.

• Love 7
On 8/6/2018 at 8:47 PM, Ohwell said:

Can she not just, for once, you know, WALK UP to a guy instead of wrapping her fucking legs around him?  Gawd I am so sick of this! 

My six year old stopped doing this recently because she's a "big girl" now.  

• Love 8

tired of these idiot “journalists” bitching about being disappointed by this idiot show.  If you didn’t know by season three that this was pure bullshit, I have some swamp in Florida to sell you to put your tiny homes and mountain bike trails on.

• Love 3

I guess it's fine she picked Garrett. I doubt their relationship will survive real life. I personally liked Blake better but I understand why she didn't pick him. He seemed like he could get a little mopey sometimes. Aside from Garrett's phony tears and the fact that he doesn't seem that bright, he seemed more upbeat overall.

One thing we all should be grateful for is that Becca's corny motto wasn't used as much as a lot of us thought it would be. Although I think I heard Garrett say, "let's do the van thing" when they received the van.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Soobs said:

One thing we all should be grateful for is that Becca's corny motto wasn't used as much as a lot of us thought it would be. Although I think I heard Garrett say, "let's do the van thing" when they received the van.

What I'm grateful for, is that I won't have to hear anymore about trying to find "my person".  Nor will I have to hear about searching for a "50/50 relationship"...which BTW never made sense to me, because that implies that the other partner never does more than just exactly their share!  I think a 50/50 relationship is a floor, not a ceiling, and is a base to build from but not a final destination.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

What I'm grateful for, is that I won't have to hear anymore about trying to find "my person".  Nor will I have to hear about searching for a "50/50 relationship"

"my person" is just what the kids say these days, so I expect we will be hearing it next season too. 

I totally agree about the 50/50 thing. I get what they mean, sort of, but it's kind of sad to expect everything to be exactly equal. I can just picture the boring life Becca and Garrett will be having in the future. "I took the kids to school the past 3 days, that leaves two days this week, so you will have to take them on Monday too, then next week we can do every other day. The week after that I'll take the extra day...." blah blah blah. 

"Well, I washed two of the four dishes but I also washed the mixing bowl. So you should wash the big pot and I'll wash the little one." blah blah blah.

Though I guess it will have them prepared for the divorce, when the 50/50 rule will really come into play. lol

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I totally agree about the 50/50 thing.

Yeah this works conceptually but any decent relationship swings those percentages back and forth in reality. LEt's say one partner is sick, are they still required to go 50/50 or can they dial back to say 35% and let the partner go pick up their damned meds for once while you're stuck to the couch?

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

LEt's say one partner is sick, are they still required to go 50/50 or can they dial back to say 35% and let the partner go pick up their damned meds for once while you're stuck to the couch?

They can drop down to 35% but only with the understanding that twenty years down the road, in the middle of an argument it will be brought up to show what a horrible, insensitive and selfish partner you are for not carrying your 50% of the weight! 

I can't imagine quantifying my relationship. I've seen couples who measure out how much each person does. It usually doesn't end well when they realize that one persons idea of 50% is not quite the same as the other. 

Then again, Becca and Garrett met and fell in love under the least 50/50 relationship situation imaginable (her dating 20 something guys while he only has one option. Her having all the power, him just hanging out hoping to get a few minutes with her) so yeah, I really see the 50/50 thing working great for them. lol

• Love 2

I really liked Becca's sister.  Her hair was gorgeous!  She'd make a lovely bachelorette!!!

I loved Jason.  He was so smart, sexy and well spoken.  I hope he becomes the bachelor and Becca plays the what if game!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I can't imagine quantifying my relationship. I've seen couples who measure out how much each person does. It usually doesn't end well when they realize that one persons idea of 50% is not quite the same as the other. 

You would hope that people who are newly in love would be looking forward to giving 100% to the relationship, but no.

Garrett: [tears streaming down his face] Becca is the most amazing woman in the world,  inside and out. I love her so much, I want to be there for her through thick and thin for the rest of our lives and I promise she can count on me having her back, 50% of the time.

• Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, LuvMyShows said:

So I have a question about this.  Did she say the snoring and paper towels thing on the ATFR?  Because I watched the clip someone posted a link to, of an interview that appeared to have been conducted with Becca and Garrett the day after the finale, and she mentions the snoring and paper towels there.  If she said it both places...wow, stock answer much?  

I watched their cringeworthy segment on Jimmy Kimmel and she mentioned it there (I couldn't make it through the entire finale and didn't see ATFR so I don't know if she said there). Garrett really seems like an empty vessel, he sits there and smiles a lot, but doesn't seem to have anything of interest to say. 

What I'm grateful for, is that I won't have to hear anymore about trying to find "my person".  Nor will I have to hear about searching for a "50/50 relationship"...which BTW never made sense to me, because that implies that the other partner never does more than just exactly their share!  I think a 50/50 relationship is a floor, not a ceiling, and is a base to build from but not a final destination.

Ugh, when will this tired phrase die out? People seem to find themselves so adorable talking about "their person" and it makes me gag. 

You would hope that people who are newly in love would be looking forward to giving 100% to the relationship, but no.

Garrett: [tears streaming down his face] Becca is the most amazing woman in the world,  inside and out. I love her so much, I want to be there for her through thick and thin for the rest of our lives and I promise she can count on me having her back, 50% of the time.

Lol. In Garrett's case, it's more like "I want to be there through thick and thin for 2 months and then bail." 

Has Garrett's ex ever made a statement about the way he characterized her on the show? 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Well, if you go in with low expectations you're less likely to be disappointed. lol.

Heck, if Garrett is there just 50% of the time that's still a higher percentage than Arie was willing to give, so at least she's moving in the right direction. Perhaps fiancé number three will make it as high as 75%.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Ugh, when will this tired phrase die out? People seem to find themselves so adorable talking about "their person" and it makes me gag. 

You know the very very best way to find one's "person"?   Take the journey.

• Love 2

Ok I finally watched the finale even though I already knew the outcome, although I still would have guessed it. It all comes down to chemistry. I think as soon as she had the overnights she knew. Didn't Blake's last serious gf text her friends that it was over with him 2 days after they got together? I think Blake is better looking and his body, woah, but maybe she just didn't feel the sparks in bed. Garrett is dumb as a rock, how is he a medical device rep?? Becca isn't exactly a deep conversationalist but I would think they were perfect for each other if I didn't read that they are moving to L.A. together. I hope Blake stays in Colorado and finds a nice clingy girl to marry. 

Edited by birdmom