Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

And how sad that there are adults, all over the world, singing into their phones or computer screens, hoping against hope that someone, somewhere, will jump in to do a duet with them.  I mean, sing in the shower or around the kitchen.  Go out and meet real flesh and blood "I can touch you" people.  Go to a karaoke bar...sing in real time with them!  

I mean, any adult that sits on an app filled with kids waiting for someone to do a "duet" with them probably has much more unsavory motives in mind. I rag on Jon, but the fact that a 33-year-old mother of two sees this as an acceptable hobby is so fucking weird. The filters, the bubblegum pop tunes, the embarrassingly vain selfie-conscious lip syncing...Rachel is clearly clinging to her teens.

Re: Karine infantilizing herself, I would not be surprised at all if she and Paul have a dd/lg relationship. An alarming number of men, particularly ones lacking irl sexual charisma, are into younger women who act like little girls. It's a huge subculture and it's...gross. At least she didn't ask Paul to bring Hello Kitty pacifiers or whatever.

• Love 8

From what I see with pics posted by people on social media from watching tv shows (usually shit bbc "documentaries"), no one looks like their tarted up filterized pics in real life.  I'm waiting the time someone meets the other for real and goes, "uhhhwuuuuuuuuhhhh", lol

• Love 4
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Since there are no nonstop flights from Albuquerque to London, I hope for everyone's sake that Lucy was only a lap baby on the shorter domestic leg of the trip and in the car seat to cross Over the Pond. 

She could have hopped over to Phoenix, where the British Airways 747-400 has a roundtrip to Heathrow every evening.

I worked long-hauls with parents who had lap babies, like JFK - LAX.  The SFO - HNL flight was always full of them.  Miserable for parents, miserable for babies, and miserable for everyone else on board.  The poor little babies are so damned uncomfortable.  They can't get any real rest; is it any wonder that they cry and cry?

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I mean, any adult that sits on an app filled with kids waiting for someone to do a "duet" with them probably has much more unsavory motives in mind. I rag on Jon, but the fact that a 33-year-old mother of two sees this as an acceptable hobby is so fucking weird. The filters, the bubblegum pop tunes, the embarrassingly vain selfie-conscious lip syncing...Rachel is clearly clinging to her teens.

Re: Karine infantilizing herself, I would not be surprised at all if she and Paul have a dd/lg relationship. An alarming number of men, particularly ones lacking irl sexual charisma, are into younger women who act like little girls. It's a huge subculture and it's...gross. At least she didn't ask Paul to bring Hello Kitty pacifiers or whatever.

I'm not so sure Karine asked him to bring any of it.   My impression of her from past seasons is that she's an idiot.  I never got any sense that there was more to her than exactly what we see on the screen.   Boo Radley, on the other hand ...

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Pole's wearing the onesies and the unicorn slippers when they have sex. 

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Someone asked how old Rachel is.

According to the show, she’s 33. (Maybe she’s 33 in dog years?)  She looks older than 33 to me. She’s got to be in her late 30s. No way do I believe she’s only 33, unless in addition to never having her hair cut before, she’s also never used moisturizer, sunblock or eye cream.

Did anyone else see the pile of dandruff on Jon’s shoulder in the preview for this season? 

• Love 4

Good Lort!

Rachel- She is reasonably pretty and pleasant .  Lucy is adorable.  Whoever said upthread that Jon looks like Treat Williams was spot on.  She should have asked someone to come with her (her dad maybe).  I hope Jon paid for her ticket over to see him.

rickey- Desperate .  I feel like he shouldn't be discussing everything with his 12 year old.  My first thought was that Melissa is a man.

Angela-I feel bad for her.  Hopefully she comes to her senses if she is not treated well.  I get why she is the way she is; it's hard to find love at that age and (having lived in small town Ga.) it can be almost impossible to find someone in a very small town.  I met my husband at 26 through mutual friends (he was from another state).  I can imagine that at 52 (65, lets be real) it's a lot harder to find someone in Hazelhurst in that age range who isn't divorced a bunch of times, a mean drunk, or who is at death's door and looking for a free nurse.

Paul-  I hate this guy.  Why does he dress like a 70 year old man?  Dear mom, he can't find a local girl if he's the local arsonist.  I wish Karine would find someone new; she's weird but doesn't deserve Paul.

Darcy/Jessie- Didn't he go to the tell all on their last season?  I vaguely remember them screeching at each other in front of Shawn.  That's filmed in NYC; why is he acting like this is his first time in America?  Darcy looks like a real housewife of NJ; I'm sure there are men her age in her surrounding areas that would treat her better than Jessie and have tons of money.  He and his family remind me of an SNL sketch.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

He and his family remind me of an SNL sketch.

With Betsey Johnson playing his mom. But who should we cast as Darcey and Jesse? 

26 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Arson is some seriously deranged stuff, y'all.

giphy.gif

"Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly" 

• Love 4

There’s so much we don’t know about these criminal histories. Arson could be murderous psychopath shit. It could also be a clumsy attempt at insurance fraud or a dumb guy’s idea about how to get rid of the old garden shed. I mean, none of it would be ok behavior, but the circumstances and intent matter.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Angelica is a nurse’s assistant who smokes.

Even better, a hospice nurse’s assistant who smokes. 

Unfortunately it's a low paying job involved with taking care of patiebts' basic needs and I've seen many CNAs who come in from breaks smelling like cigs. You would think if you took care of dying people you would know bette re,  right?! ;)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Is this a parody account? That you are wondering about the gender status of a child and giving a shout out to Trump? Jeez

I am amazed at how many of the Americans have never left the county. And have never left the county AT ALL and are rushing out of the country to get laid oops I mean find true love. Particularly Rachel. I can see some of the folks having some trepidation about sailing down the Amazon but London? I've gone there for the weekend. She speaks the language, the money is very easy to figure out and the people are so polite and obliging. Oh, and they do sell baby products. These tubes are ripe for the picking by these carnies. 

Was OP referring to Ricky's daughter here or Melissa (the supposed girlfriend)?  I thought it was Melissa.

• Love 4

I would like to say I am speechless over these couples but how can anyone not want to talk about these messes?

Darcy and Jesse confuse me, he was at the Tell All last season, right?  How can this be his first visit to NYC?  Did they film this before the Tell All and was filmed after his visit?  Also, for me sex has to be part mental, if you have pissed me off or made me feel like crap then forget the physical part, ain't happening.  15 minutes after getting in the car and he is being downright rude really is setting the tone for the rest of the trip. I don't know how Darcy would get any lady wood from that guy.  I think Darcy looks 100% better than last season but there is a screw loose.

Nurses aid and Nigerian guy is another example of getting on an airplane and not really aware of where she is going.  Spending money on an engagement ring for a man?  Why would she say "this is the last ring she will ever buy?" Has she been known to do this idiotic thing before?  How many rings has she bought?

Paul and Karine, oy vey.  Why can't that man get a pair of pants that fit? Karine must have some sort of delusions of grandeur as to the life she will be leading when they marry, living in his mother's, Paul having no money, etc...I bet they have not talked about that sort of thing or used Google translate to communicate that topic.  I do not see Karine happily living in Mom's house in a suburban neighborhood, how many people from the Amazon are living near Paul's community?  Will there be anyone near her that speaks her language? We know Paul doesn't.  Has he even learned the basics so he is not the "mute," his future father in law called him?

Almost divorced guy with sensible daughter...gee, why doesn't my scammer talk to me at all hours of the day and night?  The answer is she is too busy talking and texting with other men.  Do we think there is stock photography of "hot" girls in scrubs and lingerie that the scammers send to unsuspecting men looking for love in Latin countries? BTW, a tattoo on her knee? Ouch, that had to hurt.  Why would he admit to his friends that he is sending her money?  I could not feel sorry for anyone who puts themselves in that situation these days when there are so many stories about being scammed or cat fished, how could he not see how he is being used?

Rachel and the felon, I think he is attractive and could be a lot of fun to go to a pub with but that's all.  Police record aside, professing your love for someone you have not spent time with, grown to trust and see all sides of that person...stupid all around.  Dating while you are pregnant just seems very sketchy.  That guy professing his love for mother and baby, mother saying he is the only father figure baby has known...baby does not know where mommy goes when playing peek a boo so knowing the man in the laptop is her new daddy is nuts...mother is nuts and should listen to her friends. 

I am grateful that I do not have to listen to Molly this season.

5 hours ago, 100Proof said:

From what I see with pics posted by people on social media from watching tv shows (usually shit bbc "documentaries"), no one looks like their tarted up filterized pics in real life.  I'm waiting the time someone meets the other for real and goes, "uhhhwuuuuuuuuhhhh", lol

I have a friend that always says that if he meets someone that does not look like their on line pictures then he will drink till they do, lol.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I seem to remember Paul being the one who first wanted to "surprise" Karine by bringing the trunks of stuffed animals to Brazil. My guess is he started it.

What he didn't say was how many times he had to leave that stuff out before mom finally did find it.

He spent a little too long explaining all that stuff to us last night and why Karini wanted it and why he felt awkward about it, etc. I think he got a charge out of talking about it like he was remembering the guy who made him a teddy bear out of candy wrappers from the commissary from his days of being locked up.

BigFoot in England probably can't find love in real life. He makes an ass out of himself by the second date when he gets weird and jealous of the waiter, etc.  He really is scary.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Marlboro Angie has "Michael" as "My Sext Nigerian"

Are we going to have another season of trying to look at someone’s shattered phone screen? 

And will every episode include at least one beauty salon scene? 

Will Kreenie’s cop father have Pole’s police record translated into Portuguese? No, probably just use the same phone app she does

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Jesse is a verbal abuser. If they spent any real time together it would turn in to physical abuse. He has gaslighting down to an art.  Yes, Darcy, it's all you. YOU are the crazy one, YOU need to change, YOU need to fix yourself, YOU need to look right, dress right, talk right, kiss my ass right, etc etc.  My bigger problem is with her. She keeps coming back for more. What is making her think and hope things will change? This woman has some serious issues and if she says Jesse is the love of her life one more time I'm going to throw something at my TeeVee. 

Here's what I think happened. Darcy (like a lot of 30-ish, 40-ish bored women) got all caught up in 50 Shades of Grey.  They thought they might like to dabble in that.  There are many, many websites out there that cater to that type of thing, where people of a similar "bent" find each other. Darcy found Jesse.  For a while, it was invigorating to both.  Darcy, in the back of her mind, figured it was a passing phase.  For her, maybe. For him, no.  It's why she wears the chokers and scarves.  It's a BDSM thing. Some people get off on it. And maybe Darcy still does. Which is why she can't stay away from this guy.  She just never expected him to act that way, outside of the bedroom.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Does Paul have a job?  If so, how can he take off all this time to go to Brazil?  If not, how does he afford the stuffed animals?!

If my family knew I was taking my baby to meet a man I never met before with a criminal record for assault, they'd be trying to lock me in my house to keep me from going to the airport.  Questionable motherhood choice by Rachel.

I feel sad for Angela.  She just isn't too bright, but she seems like a decent person.  At the very least, I give her credit for taking care of her mother and having a job where she probably works hard.  That's more than we an say for some people on this show.

A lot of IT people work remotely.  Maybe he works out of Mom's basement.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

With Betsey Johnson playing his mom. But who should we cast as Darcey and Jesse? 

Fran Drescher as Darcy.  Or Molly sans 140 pounds.

The guy who played Draco Malfoy could be Jesse. And not much of a character stretch.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Here's what I think happened. Darcy (like a lot of 30-ish, 40-ish bored women got all caught up in 50 Shades of Grey.  They thought they might like to dabble in that.  There are many, many websites out there that cater to that type of thing, where people of a similar "bent" find each other. Darcy found Jesse.  For a while, it was invigorating to both.  Darcy, in the back of her mind, figured it was a passing phase.  For her, maybe. For him, no.  It's why she wears the chokers and scarves.  It's a BDSM thing. Some people get off on it. And maybe Darcy still does. Which is why she can't stay away from this guy.  She just never expected him to act that way, outside of the bedroom.

I agree with you. She may not have negotiated her boundaries very well. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Here's what I think happened. Darcy (like a lot of 30-ish, 40-ish bored women got all caught up in 50 Shades of Grey.  They thought they might like to dabble in that.  There are many, many websites out there that cater to that type of thing, where people of a similar "bent" find each other. Darcy found Jesse.  For a while, it was invigorating to both.  Darcy, in the back of her mind, figured it was a passing phase.  For her, maybe. For him, no.  It's why she wears the chokers and scarves.  It's a BDSM thing. Some people get off on it. And maybe Darcy still does. Which is why she can't stay away from this guy.  She just never expected him to act that way, outside of the bedroom.

Well, damn, that makes sense.  I can see Darcy getting into the submissive role and dick wad being over the top as the dominant one.  Dude looks like he gets off on that type of shit.  If what you theorize rings true, Darcy is going to get her ass beat with some over zealous vigor one time too many, or just downright embarrassed publicly before she finally gives up the ghost and moves on to the next boy toy.   She likes what she likes, I suppose.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 100Proof said:
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think her Mom probably feels that caring for baby Lucy while Rachel goes to the UK is enabling or supporting bad behavior, so she’s not going to participate. 

Also not all grandparents want to or are able to care for infants under the best of circumstances. 

Okay. Do we know anything about her mom? Retired? Widow? Living on a retirement income? Working full time.? I didn't catch how old Rachel is but her mom is probably still young enough to either be working still..... so of course she can't take care of a baby.... or just old enough to be retired (late 50's - 60-ish).  If the latter, why make the baby a pawn concerning Rachel's behavior? This is what I don't get. Unless mom is one of them loveless lizard type parent

Anyway its neither here nor there... just a dumb tv car wreck of a show one can't look away from, lol

I don’t believe leaving Lucy behind was ever a consideration.  The plan and goal is for the three of them to be united as a family.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Marlboro Angie has "Michael" as "My Sext Nigerian"

oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  no no no. This is what gives us middle aged ladies a bad reputation.  Also, Jesse...do not ever put the hood up on your little gray cardi again.  do not.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Since there are no nonstop flights from Albuquerque to London, I hope for everyone's sake that Lucy was only a lap baby on the shorter domestic leg of the trip and in the car seat to cross Over the Pond. 

Don't forget there's a camera crew flying with her.  I'm sure they took turns holding and playing with the baby.  She's a cute baby.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 1

Seems likely that Marlboro Angie meant to type "My Sexy Nigerian" and pressed the "t" instead of the "y."  Those darned TINY keyboards.  And she either doesn't know how to change it, or she hasn't looked at the screen with her reading glasses on . . . so she hasn't seen it yet.  

After watching the premier episode, Mr. AZC and I looked deep into each other's eyes again and said, "If one of us is gone, the other PROMISES not to do anything to qualify to go on this show."

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rachel and the felon, I think he is attractive and could be a lot of fun to go to a pub with but that's all.  Police record aside, professing your love for someone you have not spent time with, grown to trust and see all sides of that person...stupid all around.  Dating while you are pregnant just seems very sketchy.  That guy professing his love for mother and baby, mother saying he is the only father figure baby has known...baby does not know where mommy goes when playing peek a boo so knowing the man in the laptop is her new daddy is nuts...mother is nuts and should listen to her friends. 

I am grateful that I do not have to listen to Molly this season.

Rachel and her felon are very very questionable on both sides. He's sketchy, and she's at the very least very stupid and naive. So she's another Nicole, basically, but at least she got her first baby daddy to put a ring on it.

My prediction is that you will yearn for the dulcet tones of Molly's voice after a few hours with Angela.

Angela, a white Southern woman, calling Michael, a black man, "my sexy Nigerian" gives me the shudders in a way I can't adequately articulate. Eek.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I don’t believe leaving Lucy behind was ever a consideration.  The plan and goal is for the three of them to be united as a family.  

Yes because he feels Lucy is his child; even remotely attending the birth... (sigh).  Rachel is on the way to a train wreck taking her kids along for the ride.

I get a 'bad acting' vibe from both Darcy & Jessie. I think they both love attention so kept the crap up on SM to get another season of public craziness.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

All aboard the crazy train! Next stop, DERPSVILLE! 

• Love 3

New Segment Proposal for the show.

imageedit_13_6902592919.jpg

27 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Yes because he feels Lucy is his child; even remotely attending the birth... (sigh).  Rachel is on the way to a train wreck taking her kids along for the ride.

I get a 'bad acting' vibe from both Darcy & Jessie. I think they both love attention so kept the crap up on SM to get another season of public craziness.

What makes for real weirdness is that they are not just actors. Darcy had strong feelings for him, and my guess is that she's not as over him as she thinks she is.

Even if they are really just staging some stuff for attention, it's going to ignite a powder keg of issues for her that are simmering underneath the surface.

Jesse probably already has another girlfriend, and/or a sidepiece. He's probably had several flings, depending on how many life coach clients he has. Nonetheless, he, too, is out of touch with his genuine emotions for Mama Darcy although whatever gunk he's got in his heart is not nearly as seriously.

And it won't go anything like they think it is going to go.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Gross. Karine requested a bag of sex toys. blech!

What's interesting to me is this sets up the whole Madonna/Whore thing for Paul.  He seemed to have a fascination with her little girl quality when they first met but made her take STD tests to make sure she was clean.  Then presumably they slept together, so now her requesting sex toys, the flirting with men on the internet and I can see how this season will play out.

That said, Karine looks a far cry from the previous virginal looking kid.  She really looks ROUGH.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Jesse's dad should be played by Steven Tyler. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Call me crazy but if the Rachel/Jon thing works out I think it'd be pretty sweet outcome for her girls.  He definitely seems like he wants to be a dad. 

He's a 2x felon. Both arrests were due to his violent nature. I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Okay. Do we know anything about her mom? Retired? Widow? Living on a retirement income? Working full time.? I didn't catch how old Rachel is but her mom is probably still young enough to either be working still..... so of course she can't take care of a baby.... or just old enough to be retired (late 50's - 60-ish).  If the latter, why make the baby a pawn concerning Rachel's behavior? This is what I don't get. Unless mom is one of them loveless lizard type parent

Loveless lizard type parent?  That's pretty harsh.  Maybe Rachel's mother doesn't approve of what she's doing and refuses to have anything to do with it, and is walking her talk.  Good for her.  Or maybe she just doesn't want to take care of a baby for however long Rachel's going to be gone.  I don't think that makes her a loveless lizard parent.

The only person possibly "using" the baby is Rachel herself, with her ridiculous notion that it has anything to do with Jon.

But as @hisbunkie pointed out, Rachel was probably wanting to "unite the family," so leaving Lucy behind was never a consideration anyway. 

1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

Jesse looks like Beavis of Beavis & Butthead. Darcy's Butthead

You probably could have just said "Beavis."  I mean, if @JocelynCavanaugh can refer to Michael and Angela of Scranton...

• Love 6