Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I found it interesting how Carole stated that Bethenny has nothing to complain or cry about in her life. It was just a season or two ago that Carole served as Bethenny's mouthpiece to tell the viewers how ugly it all was with Jason behind the scenes. Carole used to insist that Bethenny's erratic behavior was justified because of what he was putting her through, none of which Bethenny could say herself because there was a gag order. Now that they aren't friends, Carole's saying things like 'crying doesn't work over the age of 6, buck up.' I think Bethenny did misjudge her -- big time -- and Bethenny hates to be wrong especially when it comes to people that she thought were her real friends. 

I respect your opinion. However, I think after several years, Carole observed again and again and again Beth amplifying EVERY thing that happens in her 10-foot radius. It’s exhausting. If I were Carole, I would be very tired.

• Love 20
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Her body is so banging with the exception of that horrible boob job. You'd think with her money, she'd get those things fixed.  Maybe she thinks they look good?

Maybe with an 8-yr old kid, she's decided that invasive cosmetic surgeries are not a priority.  She wouldn't want something to happen and force Bryn to live with "those horrible people", right?

Obviously, I'm putting thoughts in her head, but if she does think that way, she'd be smart imo.  (meaning smart to think of your kid before getting carved up for vanity)

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, AnnA said:

She couldn't stay home.  The HWs have to go on the big trip.  It's in their contract.

I don’t know, she could’ve gone to Aviva’s doctor and gotten a note  ;)

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I respect your opinion. However, I think after several years, Carole observed again and again and again Beth amplifying EVERY thing that happens in her 10-foot radius. It’s exhausting. If I were Carole, I would be very tired.

I think that's what frustrated me about Sonja's response in one of her THs. Like, "Oh, that's just how she is. You knew this. *shrug*" Yes, and Carole got tired of it and wanted to get off the ride. The amount of people who just shrug off toxic friendships and relationships is astounding.

I'm remembering RHOBH from a few seasons back with Brandi and her atrocious behavior being waved away with "That's just how she is." OK, and? Some people don't want to be around that just to prove that they're "ride or die." The hell?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 17

I have boobs like Bethenny's, (with no implants).  They practically sit under my arms, which is annoying as hell.  Depending on what I'm wearing, I want them to at least be in the same zip code, but nope, they aren't gonna touch, ever.  From watching trashy plastic surgery tv over the years, I've surmised that unless I put in Jesus Jugs implants, they'll never be neighbors.

I can understand if Carol is Bethenny'd out, but then she just needs to tell Bethenny that.  She keeps having these summits where she acts like there's nothing wrong and she's confused about what has happened and she doesn't know why Bethenny is acting  this way, etc.  Just own it, tell her what she's said to the other people (coincidentally, what she's bitched about Bethenny doing).  Say "Listen, it's a lot.  There's been a lot of Bethenny in this relationship and I need things to be about Carol.  I don't want to hurt you, but it's too much"  I guarantee you this won't be the first time Bethenny has heard it and while it will probably be hurtful, she could at least know, adjust and move on.  Carol keeps going with this weird push and pull thing, like they're still BFFs, but right now she's upset about this and when she calms down, things will go back to how they were.

Dorinda looked unhinged at the table at the end.  On top of having lipstick all over her face, it looked like her teeth were all black and rotted in a few of the cuts towards her.  

I'm someone who can be pretty animated when I have something that I am saying and one thing that irritates the shit out of me is when I'm having a disagreement with someone over something and I'm talking a bit louder (not yelling, not frantic, just a bit louder), and they drop their voice and start with the "well, you're clearly out of control" bullshit.  Some people are more animated than others and some people also use the being quiet/controlled as a tactic to "win" things.  I have a few people close to me who do that, they think if they stay calmer, they automatically win and it's crap.  But, even with that, there is a difference between being animated and being completely out of control.  Dorinda gets completely out of control when she's been drinking and that sort of behavior shouldn't be ok.  She's actually a physical danger to herself and I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more injuries related to her outbursts.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, smores said:

Dorinda looked unhinged at the table at the end.  On top of having lipstick all over her face, it looked like her teeth were all black and rotted in a few of the cuts towards her.  

I think that her teeth were stained from the red wine and cigarettes. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I don't think Carole erased texts. We have seen from the exchange with Brian that Bethenny sends a string of one line texts at a time. Carole looking at her own phone shows this as well. So, I can definitely see that Carole would come back to her phone, see a string of one line texts from Bethenny, and respond this a lot right now.

Also, it really is not unusual to keep texts. We've seen Bethenny refer to texts from months prior. I don't bother erasing texts everyday because I can't be bothered to do so. I do have it set in my iPhone to automatically delete texts after a year, though.

I had no idea before reading this thread that other people delete texts!! I have never deleted a text. Maybe it is because I am not a talking-on-the-phone person. I am a big texter. But I like to look back and review pleasant text threads that I have had with my friends and loved ones. Also, they help me remember when events occurred.  

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, smores said:

I have boobs like Bethenny's, (with no implants).  They practically sit under my arms, which is annoying as hell. 

I don't think it is the distance so much as her's looking like someone sawed a ball in half and glued each piece on to her chest.  They scream FAKE.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, ryebread said:

It's easy to get drugs in Cartagena. As easy as asking for them from vendors on the street, just like Bethenny (jokingly?) did.  Doris looked, and sounded, just like someone who'd just hoovered up half a dozen lines of coke.  I'm not saying she bought it off the streets but we've mentioned before how many connections Dorinda has - wouldn't surprise me if she has one in Columbia.

It’s actually easier than that. I was in Colombia and someone kept calling my room saying that they had something I wanted. It was a wide offer that also included emeralds as well as drugs. I kept saying “No, I haven’t asked for anything”. The calls still came a few times each day but I think they do that because other people have taken that bait. 

• Love 7

Some people don't want to be around that just to prove that they're "ride or die." The hell?

Then they shouldn't insist on it from their own friends. Carole is the one who said she, Carole, was "ride or die" over friendships - she wanted Bethenny to 'ride or die' and be at Carole's side thru thick and thin. If, when the going gets a little tough, or a lot tough, then Carole decides to walk away, then Carole doesn't get to hold herself up as "I am a ride or die friend". 

Point - I think Bethenny was a full on whiny bitch this trip and makes her own drama and I wouldn't want to deal with it... but I am not her friend who is ride or die about friendships and who openly complains when she doesn't get ride or die commitment from her friends. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, smores said:

Some people are more animated than others and some people also use the being quiet/controlled as a tactic to "win" things.  I have a few people close to me who do that, they think if they stay calmer, they automatically win and it's crap. 

LOL. I'm a former kindergarten teacher.  Whenever my class would get overexcited and the volume began ramping up, I would start talking very, very quietly.  They had to zip it in order to hear what I was saying.  Worked like a charm, every time.  But they were 5, so.

52 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Dorinda will find you one, & don't forget to say thank you several times...

42 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I don't think it is the distance so much as her's looking like someone sawed a ball in half and glued each piece on to her chest. 

You guys are making me laugh. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, smores said:

I noticed that, too.  I thought perhaps she wears some type of upper plate and she had "lost" it or taken it out during her drunken state and forgot to pop it back in for the cameras.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Oh, you just reminded me of the one other funny moment, Bethenny in the freezer, draping herself over bags of ice. LOL!

Who does that? I loved the looks of the woman who was working in the kitchen. 

I think Bethany might be going through early menopause.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I mentioned the Nielsen ratings because that's the only situation where the views/opinions of a single individual stand in for thousands of people (I've been a Nielsen viewer).

I was a Nielsen viewer back in the 90s.  I was very excited about it.  More recently, my dog was a Nielsen viewer -- she doesn't even watch TV and can only work the remote with her butt.  Her sister at least watches TV (she likes to bark at anything with animals or babies).  I had already grown leering of the ratings system, but them using my dog as a sample point really did it :)

6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Ah, yes!  I had to learn to change a tire when I started driving, because "back then," if your tire went flat, you pulled over and fixed it your damn self (which I did!)  If there were more serious problems, you hoped that you broke down near a pay phone!  No AAA at the time to call, just your Mom or Dad.  If AAA was around, we didn't have it!

I can understand why some of the ladies keep their texts from the other HWs though.  It seems like it's the only ammunition you have in a fight.  They are all exhausting to watch with the constant hunting of the texts in order to prove a point! 

I learned, but the one time I needed to change a tire I couldn't get the lug nuts to budge and I was wearing white jeans.  It was a disaster and some nice man had to come help me.  I've been complaining all week because while I'm not a mechanic I know my way around an engine enough to check fluids and top things off, but I noticed my car was leaking something on Monday so I opened it up and it might as well have been a rocket ship.  It doesn't even have a dipstick, everything is electronic and all the sensors kept saying everything was fine.  When I pulled into the dealership on Tuesday morning oil was pouring out of it, but still no alert.  The car has 5500 miles on it, so it's unexpected that it'd have an issue like this and the sensors were saying everything's fine and I couldn't figure how to check manually, so I'm glad I went in even though I thought I was being an overly cautious idiot.

3 hours ago, Giselle said:

I still have my landline too. Even have my grandmother's  old rortary phones from the 40s. Hubby is cell phone only and wants to pull the land line. Nope not going to happen.

I'm going to sound like an old (because I am!), but keep it.  You'll need it for some kind of event or emergency.  We had a power outage and my cell was dead and my car was in the shop so I couldn't go out and charge in it, so I was happy to have the landline to report the outage.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe with an 8-yr old kid, she's decided that invasive cosmetic surgeries are not a priority.  She wouldn't want something to happen and force Bryn to live with "those horrible people", right?

Obviously, I'm putting thoughts in her head, but if she does think that way, she'd be smart imo.  (meaning smart to think of your kid before getting carved up for vanity)

Could be, but I'd be willing to bet Beth would go under the knife to get her face fixed and not be worried about her kid. I'm of the mindset she thinks they look incredible.  Which is why she likes showing them off.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, smores said:

I can understand if Carol is Bethenny'd out, but then she just needs to tell Bethenny that.  She keeps having these summits where she acts like there's nothing wrong and she's confused about what has happened and she doesn't know why Bethenny is acting  this way, etc.  Just own it, tell her what she's said to the other people (coincidentally, what she's bitched about Bethenny doing).  Say "Listen, it's a lot.  There's been a lot of Bethenny in this relationship and I need things to be about Carol.  I don't want to hurt you, but it's too much"  I guarantee you this won't be the first time Bethenny has heard it and while it will probably be hurtful, she could at least know, adjust and move on.  Carol keeps going with this weird push and pull thing, like they're still BFFs, but right now she's upset about this and when she calms down, things will go back to how they were.

Agreed.  I really don't understand why Carole won't just tell Bethenny to her face that she needs a break.  Yeah, maybe Bethenny will pitch a fit, and she'll obviously be hurt and defensive, but really, that's no different than what's going on now, except that right now, Carole is really sending mixed signals.  Bethenny even said at the dinner, that neither seemed to really like the other anymore, and Carole didn't take that out.  Bethenny is perceptive and paranoid enough to pick up on when someone in her vicinity doesn't like her.  Carole repeatedly saying that she isn't mad at Bethenny/nothing's happened/she thought they were all better really isn't helping, and just makes Carole look like a cold coward.

Maybe an Unpopular Opinion, but I don't think Beth's tears are crocodile, not exactly.  I think she's extremely ill-equipped to deal with emotions revolving around herself, works herself up until she can't stop, and then reaches a point where she hates that she's crying and then gets upset at herself (and anyone else watching) that she's upset.  It's an unstoppable cycle.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, smores said:

This. I like Bethany and don’t like Carole, but I’m not going to pretend that Carole doesn’t have a point. I can full understand why someone in general and Carole in particular would just hit the end of the line with Bethany. She can be a lot. I’m sure she can be exhausting. Carole has hit a point in her life where she doesn’t want to work hard at anything. I get it, you reach an age and you just don’t have the energy for so many things to be so hard anymore. She is completely justified in feeling that way. But stop pretending Bethany did something other then be herself. And stop pretending you have no idea why Bethany thinks you don’t like her anymore. And stop asking people how they feel/think and then telling them they aren’t allowed to think/feel that way. I feel like she does this all the time (Luanne, Aviva, Jules) where she decides she doesn’t like someone. Treats them like shit. And then pretends they’re crazy for pointing out that she doesn’t like them. Weather or not they did bad things too isn’t the point when she won’t have an actual conversation without calling someone crazy.

• Love 11

I can see that with Bethenny.  I'm somewhat similar, I cry when I get frustrated, I cry when I get angry, I cry when I get upset.  I also really don't have a ton of control over it.  A lot of times I'll be sitting in a situation, say a meeting at work, and I might be frustrated by what is going on, but I'm an adult and I can obviously handle what is happening.  But, when I get frustrated to a certain point, I cry and it is not something I can stop.  It often has little to do with the situation, and then I get more pissed off at myself that I can't stop the tears from happening because I feel like I look like a moron for sitting there crying, which makes it worse.  

• Love 11

Yes, there's nothing worse than crying when you really want to stop crying, because then you never can!  And as for the freezer, well, crying a lot makes you physically hot and feverish and puffy, and you think that if you can literally cool down, you can cool your emotions down as well.  

• Love 8

I'm sure her custody/court cases blah blah blah are stressful situations but you would think that having been to visit countries with serious and very real problems and all the help Bethenny has given them it would put her own life in perspective and allow her to appreciate all the wonderful things she has in life. But no.

That's because her efforts in PR were as much about receiving attention and accolades as the disaster relief.

On the ski trip last year and following....she read the press article aloud when he got arrested and added commentary about what she knew courtesy of her friendship with Bethenny.

Carole was also used - along with Beth's therapist and her disguised Miami friend - to take potshots at Jason on Frankel's behalf during her first season back.

It’s actually easier than that.

Easier than revealing Evelyn's identity?

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, jaync said:

Easier than revealing Evelyn's identity?

I thought it was Eve. As in The Three Faces of Eve staring Joanne Woodward. Eve was a woman with multiple personalities disorder. As in who comes out is the strongest one to play usually. It depends on which one can get what she needs...to win or sympathy etc.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought it was Eve. As in The Three Faces of Eve staring Joanne Woodward. Eve was a woman with multiple personalities disorder. As in who comes out is the strongest one to play usually. It depends on which one can get what she needs...to win or sympathy etc.

Oh MINDTHINKR, you are waaay behind hunny.  Ketchup!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh MINDTHINKR, you are waaay behind hunny.  Ketchup!

True. I’m trying. Been camping all week in the rain so my clothes and brain (no WiFi or phone) are soggy. 

Sorry. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I was a Nielsen viewer back in the 90s.  I was very excited about it.  More recently, my dog was a Nielsen viewer -- she doesn't even watch TV and can only work the remote with her butt.  Her sister at least watches TV (she likes to bark at anything with animals or babies).  I had already grown leering of the ratings system, but them using my dog as a sample point really did it :)

I learned, but the one time I needed to change a tire I couldn't get the lug nuts to budge and I was wearing white jeans.  It was a disaster and some nice man had to come help me.  I've been complaining all week because while I'm not a mechanic I know my way around an engine enough to check fluids and top things off, but I noticed my car was leaking something on Monday so I opened it up and it might as well have been a rocket ship.  It doesn't even have a dipstick, everything is electronic and all the sensors kept saying everything was fine.  When I pulled into the dealership on Tuesday morning oil was pouring out of it, but still no alert.  The car has 5500 miles on it, so it's unexpected that it'd have an issue like this and the sensors were saying everything's fine and I couldn't figure how to check manually, so I'm glad I went in even though I thought I was being an overly cautious idiot.

I'm going to sound like an old (because I am!), but keep it.  You'll need it for some kind of event or emergency.  We had a power outage and my cell was dead and my car was in the shop so I couldn't go out and charge in it, so I was happy to have the landline to report the outage.

Last things first — I SO agree about the landline!

May I ask - and if you don’t want to tell, no problem! - what kind of car you have? I’m v disappointed with my 3-yo Ford & have heard good things about Kia and Honda. 

And mods, if I’ve crossed a line, please just let me know where I should post this instead! Many thanks. 

7 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Carole had one line, maybe in a talking head, or to one of the women, where she was explaining her growing distance from Bethenny (paraphrasing) “it was always about Bethenny, sometimes I need it to be about Carole.” Bethenny was the big spender and provider of vacations etc, but Carole was the emotional support for a constantly frenzied Bethenny. That can be so exhausting. I bet when Carole first began having problems with Adam she started to notice that her friend had less interest in chatting with her. As long as they were focused on Bethenny’s problems, everything was cool, if Carole had emotional needs, suddenly they were less close.

This I can see happening. All of this. I do think Carole got enough out of it at first to make it worthwhile, and then B trashed Adam, I think deservedly, but still, and that discontent turned to rage.

Once that happened, Carole no longer needing B for whatever, Carole went for the jugular. Carole did change, it appears that when she is done, she is done. She started gaslighting, ghosting, and pushing buttons.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It probably didn't take Dennis very long to say "didn't you sign a contract"?  Conversation over.

Besides losing Dennis, Carole and Jason ( her choice),Bethenny has too much on her plate.  She has a child, goes to court constantly, works with Skinny Girl, Skinny Jeans and does the show.  When is her down time.  She needs to eliminate or cut Dow on something.  Then, she’s probably starting menopause which explains all the nervousness and crying.  She’s trying to do it all, and it’s catching up with her.  Plus, I forgot, she’s moving too.  Too much.  Cut down and try to get along with Jason.  She will feel much better all around, and she will be doing Bryn a favor.  IMO.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, lampwick said:

Super cynical viewpoint here, but I think out of all of the housewives who drink heavily, LuAnn is probably the best of the lot - she is truly a fun drunk.  I actually don’t buy this alcoholic rehab business - it’s convenient because in today’s society, if you say you have a problem and then go to rehab, then all of your bad behavior is excused period.  Does she fall under the definition of alcoholic?  Probably, but so would most people who don’t need to drink, but when they do, drink heavily and need to leave their car at the bar.  The thing is - she isn’t the one regularly doing outrageously damaging things when she drinks - probably some regrettable hook ups, but usually she’s “all cool” .  This whole Palm Beach thing didn’t seem like LuAnn at all - it really seemed like an anomaly (like Reese Witherspoon’s “Do you know who I am?”). 

Don’t know about this failure to create a trust business, but if true, isn’t that hard to blame on booze?  Literally, every day that passed, she could have created the trust, but chose not to, right?  So... she didn’t do it because she was drinking, and then she didn’t do it because she was in a dry drunk fog?  I understand alcoholics have a behavior profile in addition to the drinking.... but I’m simply not buying it.  Nope.  Greed and Ego are the most likely causes of her problems.  Afterall, she is the Countess.  

Recovering alcoholic here. There are patterns of behaviour associated with being an addict that are separate from drinking. The list is long, but, avoidance of responsibility - following a trust, going to the doctor, etc. .. lying, cheating. A program like AA will let you get to the root of your problems and address them.

AA members do not diagnose other people as alcoholics, but one clue in is not being able to stop once you start.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

May I ask - and if you don’t want to tell, no problem! - what kind of car you have? I’m v disappointed with my 3-yo Ford & have heard good things about Kia and Honda. 

And mods, if I’ve crossed a line, please just let me know where I should post this instead! Many thanks. 

Very satisfied Kia owner here.  

And keeping on topic, if I had Housewives money, I'd be driving a fire engine red Jeep Renegade with all the bells and whistles money can buy because a girl can dream, right?  

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Then they shouldn't insist on it from their own friends. Carole is the one who said she, Carole, was "ride or die" over friendships - she wanted Bethenny to 'ride or die' and be at Carole's side thru thick and thin. If, when the going gets a little tough, or a lot tough, then Carole decides to walk away, then Carole doesn't get to hold herself up as "I am a ride or die friend". 

Point - I think Bethenny was a full on whiny bitch this trip and makes her own drama and I wouldn't want to deal with it... but I am not her friend who is ride or die about friendships and who openly complains when she doesn't get ride or die commitment from her friends. 

Carole is ride or die over friendships that aren't toxic. I've noted it a few times in discussions over the past few episodes, but Carole maintains long friendships, which tells me that she is ride or die. Having expectations, however, that someone should be ride or die in the face of a toxic friendship or relationship is doing entirely too much. Asking someone to remain friends with a person who sucks the energy out of the room, a person who is overly needy to the point that all they do is use you as a shoulder to cry on without offering the same when you need their shoulder is unfair.

It was quite telling that Bethenny understood Sonja's runteldat of "Carole says you're a taker" (i.e., you emotionally take from your friends without returning the same energy) as something materialistic. Her immediate response was about (supposedly) spending gobs and gobs of money on Carole.

22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Besides losing Dennis, Carole and Jason ( her choice),Bethenny has too much on her plate.  She has a child, goes to court constantly, works with Skinny Girl, Skinny Jeans and does the show.  When is her down time.  She needs to eliminate or cut Dow on something.  Then, she’s probably starting menopause which explains all the nervousness and crying.  She’s trying to do it all, and it’s catching up with her.  Plus, I forgot, she’s moving too.  Too much.  Cut down and try to get along with Jason.  She will feel much better all around, and she will be doing Bryn a favor.  IMO.

Bethenny really strikes me as the type who swears she thrives in high stress situations--"I'm Type A, I get things done, lay it one me!"--when really all evidence points to the opposite. She crumples under the pressure, or at least she plays like she does on TV.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 21
(edited)

Finally watching this now and really enjoying all the fun outfits, especially Tinsley’s flowy dresses that seem to fit the place. And all the hats!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8
On 7/25/2018 at 9:08 PM, QuinnM said:

I don’t feel sorry for her either.  I’m just gobsmacked at the hypocrisy of Carole saying she’s mad because Bethenny talked smack about her in THs.

Carole keeps going back to Bethenny talking to the other HW's about Carole. Bethenny only spoke to DORINDA - and it was the "operator" comment about Adam. Now Dorinda probably blabbed to Ramona, Luann, and Tinsley about it - and she obviously twisted it because Bethenny never said that Carole didn't support her charity monetarily.

Carole's tagline for the year is about loyalty - she has none.

While Carole has said a few times this season that she is Ride or Die - she forgot to add the word Chick at the end.

That is Carole - She is Ride or Die for any man in her life.

She is that with Adam and now with Red Barf Guy.

She is believing the man's version of events over anything that Bethenny has said.

I think it is really creepy of Red Barf Guy to go to a speed dating event and say those things on camera to Bethenny and then turn around to allegedly date Carole. He really is Tom 2.0. If this was a speed dating event - where Rory the event coordinator wanted Carole with Red Barf - why didn't he sit down with Carole in one of the rounds?

I don't think Bethenny was ever into him as Ramona implied on WWHL. Bethenny is into Dennis. When she isn't with him I think she goes for men like the hockey player - nothing wrong with a little bit of beefcake to play with.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

While Carole has said a few times this season that she is Ride or Die - she forgot to add the word Chick at the end.

She's looking unusually blonde these days ...

peanuts_movie_snoopy_flying_woodstock.jp

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

It's a BMW.  It went in for an oil change a couple hundred miles ago and apparently residue from that maintenance work was keeping the gasket from getting a good seal.  It really was not a big deal except if I hadn't been what I thought was overly cautious and taken it in, I probably would have either been stranded on my next trip and/or locked the engine up.  I could have channeled my inner Housewife and gone crazy on them, but I'm not really upset about it and it's too hot to screech for no reason (something a HW would never say!).  I am kind of annoyed that my driveway has oil stains now and I would have been pissed had the engine seized and fairly angry had I been stranded and needed a tow.  The car that was in the shop during the power outage was a different car and it was in the shop because it was t-boned, not due to break-down.  Some of the newer Kias look pretty sweet.  My mom always has Hondas and hers last forever with hardly any problems.  

I don't know what I'd get if I had a HW budget.  A hotel I stayed at last summer was next to an Aston Martin dealer and they were pretty sweet and I'm not tired of seeing them like I am a lot of cars (I live in LA).  Some of the new electric cars are sweet too.  I think of all the NY HW's, I'm most envious of Tinsley's lifestyle.  As someone said up thread, she's easy going and just kind of floats through life without doing a lot of heavy lifting because of her money.  I think Bethenny might have more money, but her life seems like a shit sow (of her own making).  

• Love 2
On 7/25/2018 at 9:10 PM, Martinigirl said:

Adam (The Taker) dumped Carole once he didn't get air time and free trips from Bethenny

Adam is still getting his rewards since Carole took him to Dubai.

He recently had "Baby" on an airplane - so he's still weasling things out of Carole.

He's been with Michaela Rubin for a while now - more pictures of her than Carole on his Instagram.

I figured out what Carole will be writing and producing. She'll be producing Adam's YouTube videos and writing scripts for Coupon Cabin commercials

• Love 10
On 7/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, RedInk said:

And maybe this is controversial to say, but a bitter custody battle is far worse for a child than it is for a parent. And I think it's insensitive and inappropriate

That would only be worse for a child if the parents are letting said child hear and see the bitter custody fight, which they shouldn't.   I doubt very much if Bethenny is exposing her daughter to any of it.  I believe she is fighting for "primary" custody, not FULL custody.  That only means that the child's home base would be her mother's house (in B's case).  It doesn't mean that the father doesn't get visitation, weekend custody, etc.  It actually is less hectic for the child, as they aren't  being used like a ping pong ball, being sent back & forth every 2 days or so.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Carole is ride or die over friendships that aren't toxic. I've noted it a few times in discussions over the past few episodes, but Carole maintains long friendships, which tells me that she is ride or die. Having expectations, however, that someone should be ride or die in the face of a toxic friendship or relationship is doing entirely too much. Asking someone to remain friends with a person who sucks the energy out of the room, a person who is overly needy to the point that all they do is use you as a shoulder to cry on without offering the same when you need their shoulder is unfair.

It was quite telling that Bethenny understood Sonja's runteldat of "Carole says you're a taker" (i.e., you emotionally take from your friends without returning the same energy) as something materialistic. Her immediate response was about (supposedly) spending gobs and gobs of money on Carole.

Bethenny really strikes me as the type who swears she thrives in high stress situations--"I'm Type A, I get things done, lay it one me!"--when really all evidence points to the opposite. She crumples under the pressure, or at least she plays like she does on TV.

Absolutely, she is a mess.  I am sure she can keep it together for business because she has a staff that jump when told to do so.  It is easy to pay people to get things done and it is also easy to nit pick others work for which Bethenny can do in her sleep.  What Bethenny cannot do is pay someone to sort out personal relationships for her...she would have to pay someone to sit next to her at every dinner with the other HW's and advise or explain for her and convey to the other HW's what she is trying to say.  I guess she would need someone who was part therapist and part UN translator, lol

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole keeps going back to Bethenny talking to the other HW's about Carole. Bethenny only spoke to DORINDA - and it was the "operator" comment about Adam. Now Dorinda probably blabbed to Ramona, Luann, and Tinsley about it - and she obviously twisted it because Bethenny never said that Carole didn't support her charity monetarily.

Carole's tagline for the year is about loyalty - she has none.

She is believing the man's version of events over anything that Bethenny has said.

I think it is really creepy of Red Barf Guy to go to a speed dating event and say those things on camera to Bethenny and then turn around to allegedly date Carole. He really is Tom 2.0. If this was a speed dating event - where Rory the event coordinator wanted Carole with Red Barf - why didn't he sit down with Carole in one of the rounds?

I don't think Bethenny was ever into him as Ramona implied on WWHL. Bethenny is into Dennis. When she isn't with him I think she goes for men like the hockey player - nothing wrong with a little bit of beefcake to play with.

Red barf guy.  That is sooo funny.  This thread is brilliant.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thanks I don't remember that - does this mean their friendship started to erode last year?

IDK when. They were tight last season but I feel as time went on she saw thru Bethenny. Bethenny blowing her off on Marathon day and the Adam/hurricane relief for comp/operator comment was the end. 

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is well put, this is why it broke down. Idk when. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/25/2018 at 9:32 PM, Gem 10 said:

OMG  Tinsley.  Can she do anything for herself?  Her Glam Squard every minute of the day, putting on makeup, dressing her, putting jewelry on her.  What’s to happen when she has a baby like Ramona said.  Unbelievable.  I blame her Mother.  Is there anything of substance that she can do by herself?

I don't blame Dale. Maybe when she was growing up and was pushed to behave a certain way and have certain life goals - but once she hit 21 - it's all on Tinsley.

Tinsley said on WWHL that Scott was paying the 30K a month for the penthouse in NY. Now I'm wondering if what Sonja said was true - that Scott paid for her hotel $10K a month.

In reality if you could afford $10K a month on rent, you would easily be able to afford to fly a glam squad down to Columbia for a week. And if Scott was paying the $30K penthouse she could have easily afforded to fly the glam squad first class and with 5 star accommodations

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, smores said:

I have boobs like Bethenny's, (with no implants).  They practically sit under my arms, which is annoying as hell.  Depending on what I'm wearing, I want them to at least be in the same zip code, but nope, they aren't gonna touch, ever.  From watching trashy plastic surgery tv over the years, I've surmised that unless I put in Jesus Jugs implants, they'll never be neighbors.

I'm someone who can be pretty animated when I have something that I am saying and one thing that irritates the shit out of me is when I'm having a disagreement with someone over something and I'm talking a bit louder (not yelling, not frantic, just a bit louder), and they drop their voice and start with the "well, you're clearly out of control" bullshit.  Some people are more animated than others and some people also use the being quiet/controlled as a tactic to "win" things.  I have a few people close to me who do that, they think if they stay calmer, they automatically win and it's crap.  But, even with that, there is a difference between being animated and being completely out of control.  Dorinda gets completely out of control when she's been drinking and that sort of behavior shouldn't be ok.  She's actually a physical danger to herself and I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more injuries related to her outbursts.

(my bolding in quoted part) - I agree. I can totally see the theory that BF makes it all about her and Carole is tired of it being all about BF in their friendship - BUT - Carole is a grown, mature adult - at 54 she should be able to "confront" BF and explain this to her. Yes, it's hard to do if your not confrontational, but woman up. And I don't think Carole has an issue with confrontation. I'd respect her again, and more - if she had just been up front with BF, if the reason is indeed that the friendship was really all about BF's needs and never about CR's needs.

Also as a side note - I don't doubt what CR has said, in the past, about Jason - wasn't the truth. It sounds about right that he would play those games when it came to letting BF talk to her daughter - at designated times etc... like I've shared, I'm not a fan of Jason due to the passive aggressive stuff I've seen on their show (don't ask me for specifics please, it's been years and the show isn't on hulu - lol, I don't hate him, I just don't like him anywho). And CR wasn't strong armed into saying what BF couldn't say. Again - Carole is a grown adult, if she didn't witness these things or believe these things about Jason she never needed to bring them up. And as of yet, unless I missed it, she hasn't recanted...

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

It came out. I translated from Dorinda's drunken growl something about Lu thinking she's better than her, with the not drinking. Drunk Dorinda is doing some projecting herself. She knows if Lu can be considered a drunk then she herself can be as well.

Is Dorinda pouring a vial of steroids into every drink? She goes all roid rage on people.

Reminds me of Ronnie from The Jersey Shore

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2018 at 9:37 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I heard glass break, but I don't know.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:37 PM, Straycat80 said:

There are two fights going on at this table. A crash. A scream. Dorinda is finger pointing at Lu. That came out of nowhere. What are they putting in these drinks and mocktini’s? 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, Bronzedog said:

There’s so much chaos at that table that I have no clue what’s going on.

IT WAAAASSSS EPIC!

I am somewhere in this GIF, are you?

giphy.gif

• Love 9