Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She said she’s renting it fully furnished.  Code for house sitting for snow birds who have a second home in Cabo.

Yup....I was thinking long-term VRBO or HomeAway.

• Love 4

For a few minutes into the second half of the Carole/Bethenny fight at Dorinda’s dinner I was actually starting to see Bethenny’s side. It did seem like Carole took it a little too far by breaching girl code and spilling what Bethenny said about Lu. I kinda agreed with Beth that it freaked her out that she didn’t feel safe anymore with talking and gossiping with her good friend Carole if she goes running to spill their private talks. But that didn’t last long with her behavior from not acknowledging Dorinda on camera for the nutcracker to her feeling the need to call Ramona and attack her. She’s such a hypocrite. 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I think it's only 4 weeks, not a year.

That’s for Zika, I forget if Playa del Carmen is still on the malaria map (that’s where they went right?) you have to wait a year. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

She doesn't weigh enough.  I think the minimum weight requirement is 110

Carole has always been thin but anybody else notice how much weight she has lost this season? It's why her face looks so sunken in and old and her pants are always practically falling off. What's going on with her? 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Carole has always been thin but anybody else notice how much weight she has lost this season? It's why her face looks so sunken in and old and her pants are always practically falling off. What's going on with her? 

I'd hazard a guess that the intense working out made her lose a few more pounds as well. 

• Love 22

Ok, I loved Luann getting in Bethenny's face about "Loser", and then Bethenny asking Lu if Lu trusted her to fix her makeup.  And Luann said yes!  

The Bethenny/Carole fight may or may not get fixed.  But, Bethenny/Ramona is more interesting to me.  Yes, Bethenny shouldn't have ragged on Ramona's new enterprise.  But, she was absolutely right that Ramona is feeling an unseemly amount of glee at the B/Carole rift.  Plus, Ramona is clearly Bethenny's low bar.  Twice now, she's said that another housewife's attack is "as bad as Ramona", and both times it was an off-the-cuff phrase - that's just how she thinks of Ramona.  B has a deep dislike of Ramona.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

That’s for Zika, I forget if Playa del Carmen is still on the malaria map (that’s where they went right?) you have to wait a year. 

And that’s where we go, Playa Del Carmen. Malaria? Didn’t know that! A bomb went off on one of the ferry’s a week after we were there. But we’ll keep going, we like to live on the edge I guess Lol! 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think they went to Punta Mita and Tequila (in Jalisco)

The Vanderpump Rules chucklefucks went to Playa.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Ok, I loved Luann getting in Bethenny's face about "Loser", and then Bethenny asking Lu if Lu trusted her to fix her makeup.  And Luann said yes!  

The Bethenny/Carole fight may or may not get fixed.  But, Bethenny/Ramona is more interesting to me.  Yes, Bethenny shouldn't have ragged on Ramona's new enterprise.  But, she was absolutely right that Ramona is feeling an unseemly amount of glee at the B/Carole rift.  Plus, Ramona is clearly Bethenny's low bar.  Twice now, she's said that another housewife's attack is "as bad as Ramona", and both times it was an off-the-cuff phrase - that's just how she thinks of Ramona.  B has a deep dislike of Ramona.

Weird, Bethenny blamed Ramona for something Sonja started, not Ramona. Oh, and Bethenny needs to stop calling anyone out for stirring the pot, she does it herself. LOL

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm surprised Bethenny's pendulous bosoms don't have a twitter account of their own because they are an entity unto themselves! Good lord, those things could take her down if she so much as lost her balance. 

Re: shameless branding, let us not forget the lace smoothers & shapers bodysuit that she wore constantly, the decal inside the chartered turboprop and of course the cleanse that had to get relabeled bc there was some issue with the listing of ingredientses (c. T.Giudice).

ETA: I purchased the cleanse twice. The first time I think it worked. The second time it arrived in the mail with a label of ingredients applied over the printed ingredients on the box, and I definitely felt the new formulation was not as effective.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i think she said she's under weight

It’s hilarious that she said that was the reason! That may be true but, she was rejected with the rest of the ladies because she was in Mexico with the rest of them last season .  Luann let them all know that. So there was no reason for her to say that she was underweight because it wouldn’t have gone that far since she was rejected for Mexico.  Perhaps because she’s so ugly that she thinks she has to brag that she was too thin! @QuinnM I laughed so hard at your post “because she’s anorexic.”

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, ancslove said:

But B says thing "off the cuff" about others, often. Witness her saying that Dorinda had camel toe in that outfit.  What was the point?

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

And that’s where we go, Playa Del Carmen. Malaria? Didn’t know that! A bomb went off on one of the ferry’s a week after we were there. But we’ll keep going, we like to live on the edge I guess Lol! 

We're headed to Maroma Beach this Sunday, and plan to shop in PDC one afternoon!  :-)  My favorite vacation destination!  

6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Weird, Bethenny blamed Ramona for something Sonja started, not Ramona. Oh, and Bethenny needs to stop calling anyone out for stirring the pot, she does it herself. LOL

The whole episode, I was thinking that the Shit Stirring Silver Spoon award should go to Sonja this week.  She was certainly stirring the pot with everyone.  She told Carole what Bethenny said about her after Bethenny's Christmas party, and then, she told Bethenny that Ramona was talking shit about her at the blood drive party.  Sonja was a busy girl this week!  :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, ancslove said:

It's not as if Ramona hasn't earned that from Bethenny however... dating way back... most notably the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. And let's face it - Ramona is pretty horrible in her own right. She's been incredibly nasty to many women on this show, both current and past. Who could forget her diss on Luann about the Count - which happened at a charity event Luann was participating in for women who had cancer...  Ramona scored no points in my eyes for going off on Bethenny - she's making Bethenny pay for Bethenny having enough of Ramona's shenanigans last season when Ramona was once again inappropriate. Bethenny is 100% correct that Ramona is loving the Carole v Bethenny rift.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

It’s hilarious that she said that was the reason! That may be true but, she was rejected with the rest of the ladies because she was in Mexico with the rest of them last season .  Luann let them all know that. So there was no reason for her to say that she was underweight because it wouldn’t have gone that far since she was rejected for Mexico.  Perhaps because she’s so ugly that she thinks she has to brag that she was too thin! @QuinnM I laughed so hard at your post “because she’s anorexic.”

Well then why did Lu ask them all to donate blood, if they had all been in Mexico?  I can believe that Carole is under 110 pounds.  ( I think the last time I was that weight was in high school!)  

Laughed at Sonja being the "comforter" to those donating blood.  ?

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

I've been calling her Lu-dini since I saw that.

Donate your blood and see Ramona and Sonja talk about constipation!

Is Carole contractually obligated to say "marathon" in every episode?

It was a really good episode. But, it would have been better if Dorinda set herself on fire with that cake,.

?%  All 'a dis^^

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Well then why did Lu ask them all to donate blood, if they had all been in Mexico?  I can believe that Carole is under 110 pounds.  ( I think the last time I was that weight was in high school!)  

Sonja usually annoys the hell out of me, but in that situation, I liked her!  It seemed like she was being very friendly and courteous with the donors, where the other ladies didn't seem to want any interaction at all.

• Love 17
(edited)

Did you see how angry Beth got when Carole got up and walked away from the table? Damn. They both seem like shells of their former selves. I binge watched seasons four and five over the weekend and Carole was cute and delightful back then...

Interesting the dress Luann got arrested in. She wore it to a party at Sonja’s a couple of seasons ago. It’s not...Christmasy. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:
5 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

I've been calling her Lu-dini since I saw that.

That is brilliant.

9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

We're headed to Maroma Beach this Sunday, and plan to shop in PDC one afternoon!  :-)  My favorite vacation destination!  

The whole episode, I was thinking that the Silver Shit Stirring Spoon award should go to Sonja this week.  She was certainly stirring the pot with everyone.  She told Carole what Bethenny said about her after Bethenny's Christmas party, and then, she told Bethenny that Ramona was talking shit about her at the blood drive party.  Sonja was a busy girl this week!  :-)

The whole episode, I was thinking that the Silver Shit Stirring Spoon award should go to Sonja this week.  She was certainly stirring the pot with everyone.  She told Carole what Bethenny said about her after Bethenny's Christmas party, and then, she told Bethenny that Ramona was talking shit about her at the blood drive party.  Sonja was a busy girl this week!  :-)

Sonja's playing Runteldat to distract herself from all the construction at the townhouse.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I have never liked Bethany and felt she had too much power when she came back.   So I for one am happy the women found their voices.    JMHO I think they just want her to see she isn’t untouchable not get her off the show.   So far these fights don’t seem like anything to get kicked off the show for.  

I'm beginning to see why Bethenny has said this season was challenging for her.  The friendship breakup between her and Carole, the other women "finding their voices" against her - I imagine she wasn't thrilled.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja usually annoys the hell out of me, but in that situation, I liked her!  It seemed like she was being very friendly and courteous with the donors, where the other ladies didn't seem to want any interaction at all.

Interesting perspective!  I saw her as being very condescending to the donors.  Why was she there, if she wasn't donating blood herself?

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Apparently Lu didn’t realize until the morning of but still asked the ladies to come to support the Red Cross.  

I know right, that’s scary skinny, not the kind of skinny that I’d be envious of!! I don’t even think I was that weight in High School.  I was about 125lbs.

I totally laughed too...Sonja was on top of that poor woman giving blood! lol

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole did show interest and she donated to Bethenny's Bstrong/PR charity work. Carole ran the marathon to raise money for a charity, an animal rescue group in NY and Bethenny not only didn't acknowledge it, she also didn't donate to it either.

Speaking of the marathon, I thought I heard Carole say tonight that she’d run the half marathon, but prior to this I thought she made a point of the 26 miles. Not sure where tonight she said it, think maybe as the fight was winding down. Probably misheard, but it pinged for me.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I thought she/they came up with it after the arrest -- to be funny!

LuAnn doesn't have a sense of humor! She's the driest b!tch on the show! ;-)

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Bethenny has such a hard, vicious edge to her. How do you manage to be the biggest asshole at your own party? Oh, I know. You don't thank a friend that went out of her way to surprise you with a gift you so desperately wanted. You call out another friend for talking about her new business by saying she is doing an infomercial. You talk about a friend that you are supposed to be trying to make amends with as soon as she walks out the door by saying "she looks so sad". Merry Christmas to you, too, B. 

This.  Yes.  

Sometimes I feel sorry for her, but then this.

• Love 13

I don't think any of the housewives really come up with their own taglines.  They can make suggestions.  But they don't have total control.  And if I remember correctly, they read a number of taglines before the 'final' is decided on.

But gosh, Lu does have a sense of humor.  All you have to do is view last's week's episode when Lu said that she doesn't drink Tequila because she falls into the bushes.  Same goes with Tins and don't call the police.  That was not scripted and it was hilarious.  Ok.  Some may find it sad.  For me, I found the humor in it.  I'll go over to the other side of the pool.  I'm used to it.  Where's Bambi?  And the ball.  Speaking of dogs, Coco (not sure of her name) was fine. 

• Love 22

It’s funny because B hugged and thanked the decorator but not Dorinda.  On a shallow note, I thought B’s boobs would have been firmer and higher up.  They looked like old lady boobs in that costume.  Sonja kills me with the wacky things she says.  Who tells their handyman they had sex on the sink 10 years ago and it needs to be fixed.  The other guy had to look away or else he would have burst out laughing.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Speaking of the marathon, I thought I heard Carole say tonight that she’d run the half marathon, but prior to this I thought she made a point of the 26 miles. Not sure where tonight she said it, think maybe as the fight was winding down. Probably misheard, but it pinged for me.

I believe the half marathon is on a different day, there are a number of them and I'm not sure which one she ran. She did 2 marathons, a 1/2 marathon and the whole NY marathon.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Thumper said:

But B says thing "off the cuff" about others, often. Witness her saying that Dorinda had camel toe in that outfit.  What was the point?

Bethenny has no filter or impulse control.  If she thinks it, you’d damn well better believe she’s gonna say it.  I have a lot of sarcastic, biting thoughts too, but I have sense enough not to say them.  I think before I speak; Bethenny doesn’t.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This.  Yes.  

Sometimes I feel sorry for her, but then this.

1 minute ago, Pop Tart said:

I loved that too and that’s how Lu generally is when she’s drunk, she’s a happy drunk. Which is why the video of her arrest struck me as so wrong. She was more belligerent then we’ve seen her be when she’s under the influence. For all the theories about how she was pretending to be in love, or forcing herself to feel it, I think her feelings for Tom might have been a bit more real then even she realized.

LuAnn was little more than a middle-aged "Scheana" from "VR!" She didn't look that in love with the guy as much as she was in love with getting married! They just didn't seem to fit; probably her being unable to "let go" on camera! With Lu, it was all about the relationship and invoking his name over and over again; "Tom this, Tom that," & worst of all in Mexico, Tom was the thing she was the most thankful! Bethenny gagged! ;-)

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

It’s funny because B hugged and thanked the decorator but not Dorinda.  On a shallow note, I thought B’s boobs would have been firmer and higher up.  They looked like old lady boobs in that costume.  Sonja kills me with the wacky things she says.  Who tells their handyman they had sex on the sink 10 years ago and it needs to be fixed.  The other guy had to look away or else he would have burst out laughing.

Sonja’s another one that needs a filter.  I had secondhand embarrassment for her in that scene tonight.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Chicosan said:

Shism:

ˈs(k)izəm/

noun

a split or division between strongly opposed sections or parties, caused by differences in opinion or belief.

Lol, can’t say I don’t learn anything new from these harpies even when they pronounce the word incorrectly. AND Carole-the-writer didn’t catch it. ?

I guess we can say that Bethenny is full of schist and is schrewed...  (screwed or shrewd! Up to you!)

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

It was too brief an acknowledgement! Bethenny truly is the Grinch that stole/lost friendships! People are seeing her as a rude b!tch who's quite insulting and non-supportive! Others constantly give her praise, but her admiration is rare about others accomplishments! ;-)

Yes to the sentiment and very yes to the comparison.  When she was in the Santa hat and shreaking at the arrival of the Nutcracker there was a close up and she looked exactly like the Grinch, same stubbed nose, same hinged smile, same dead eyes and same aura of evil.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

As for Beth saying that Carole is now into fashion, hair and instagram.  What is your point Beth?  Like you're not?

This seems like a good place to bring up Bethenny's unfortunate hair situation in the scene where she was lighting the fireplace.  Her own hair wasn't close to covering what looked to be a very obvious extension that was clipped in on the back.  

Bethenny, we get it, Ramona is your BEC, but accusing her of pushing a product is the height of hypocrisy. 

• Love 23
(edited)

As a Carole fan, she did squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube. Betraying a girlfriend confidence, which she has been incredible conscious of never doing before ( Bethenny's divorce, not a word) when she shouted out the  "luann the Loser" comment crossed a line. Damn !

ETA: Oh, BF gives her a little payback by telling Luann that Carole told her Tom has a new girlfriend.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 22
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

As a Carole fan, she did squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube. Betraying a girlfriend confidence, which she has been incredible conscious of never doing before ( Bethenny's divorce, not a word) when she shouted out the  "luann the Loser" comment crossed a line. Damn !

I also disliked that but I know why she threw that out. Luann was agreeing/siding with Bethenny that Adam was an "operator" (even though she always defended him before) and Carole wanted Luann to know that Bethenny was still talking crap about her. 

• Love 21