Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm thinking that it would help Meghan to read her Dad's book.

for example:

We have to remind our sons and daughters that we became the most powerful nation on Earth by tearing down walls, not building them."

Seems she missed a lot of life lessons along the way.

• Love 19

Because Meghan is a bitch.. She is a spoiled, pampered, protected, spoiled little brat. Nothing new. I got a slight taste of that life when I dated a girl who came from big big money. Best drugs at the parties. Best at yelling out talking points, but, when she got questioned.. Boy, did she turn into an infant. She's a pampered, spoiled brat. This is who she has always been. Nothing new. 

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Because Meghan is a bitch.. She is a spoiled, pampered, protected, spoiled little brat. Nothing new. I got a slight taste of that life when I dated a girl who came from big big money. Best drugs at the parties. Best at yelling out talking points, but, when she got questioned.. Boy, did she turn into an infant. She's a pampered, spoiled brat. This is who she has always been. Nothing new. 

Even when Meghan isn't screeching she still shows us who she really is.  No matter how much the View tries to present Meghan in a favorable light her true colors still shine through.

And Hoboclayton I love your pic.  That Golden Girls episode is one my favorites. When Rose grabs the bear out of that little girls hands and slams the door in her face makes me LOL every single time.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Even when Meghan isn't screeching she still shows us who she really is.  No matter how much the View tries to present Meghan in a favorable light her true colors still shine through.

I don’t think production is doing this.  We see every shot of her nervous water sipping  habit.  They show no one else doing this.  Small tell but note worthy. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, bannana said:

I am a Canadian and an anti-monarchist, and I enjoyed the Royal Wedding.  I tried not to watch, on principle, but I got sucked in.  It was so odd that Elsa would feel that she was somehow letting down the founding fathers by watching the wedding.  I wonder if all the Americans who watched Charles and Diana get married felt equally as disloyal.  Even Elsa's mother threw a Royal Wedding party, and Elsa said she was so ashamed that she refused to show a picture on the show.  And she got so excited when she heard Whoopi didn't watch, but then Whoopi went on to explain that she didn't need to watch it, and she described the significance of there being a black princess that young black girls could see as a role model.

I thought it was too bad they didn't discuss some of the more fun things from the day, like some of the guests (Americans included), and the page boys and bridesmaids.

Here's Cindy McCain's wedding party pics, it looks like fun.

https://www.instagram.com/cindymccain/

The writer/staffer for John McCain that Elsa has known her entire life and who she says is like an uncle to her didn't seem to be as close to her as she was describing.  And of course her trying to get him to confirm that she never screams, well I didn't notice him playing along with that either.

I thought it was weird how Elsa kept saying that they are not allowed to discuss mental illness, and then mentioned it again and talked about how teenaged boys are killing people because they were rejected by a girl. Yes, that is one story that is out there, but clearly there's so much more, as the others were trying to explain.  She also mentioned explosives, twice, that the shooter had, but I read that they were duds.  So why mention that.  

I saw it as an attempt to discredit her colleagues because they said they were tired of hearing people blame mental illness, but they also said that it's a layered and complex issue and focusing on mental illness is an attempt to simplify the problem (for the sake of protecting guns at all costs) and it creates a dangerous narrative that mentally ill people are a danger to society (which is why I think Sunny constantly reminds viewers that statistics show that mentally ill people are more likely to be victims rather than perpetrators).

And Meghan brought up the explosives because she was trying to push the narrative of 'guns don't kill people, people kill people'. The idea that this guy came prepared to kill people and the gun was the weapon of choice but his options weren't limited to a gun, therefore it isn't the gun's fault, it's the person's fault. But if people would just stop and listen, they would realize that those advocating for stronger gun laws are not advocating for the removal of guns because they also recognize that a gun is either a tool or a weapon and it's up to the person to decide how they're going to use it...which is why you need to have better laws in place to ensure that the PERSON is responsible enough to have a gun, and that includes making gun owners responsible for where the gun is and how it's being used at all times.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh.  "We have to get away from identity politics."  Why don't we start with you, Meghan?  

I don’t know how much more of her stupidity and ignorance I can take. “My women’s issues are national security (?)” Meghan, Meghan, Meghan… WTF?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I think the "Women's Issues" Sunny alluded to include things like Public Health initiatives, Domestic Violence legislation,  Education laws, etc. Unfortunately, Sunny didn't get a chance to be specific because she was busy fighting off the Strawman Shriekstorm that is Meghan McCain. 

I was hoping they’d come back to the topic after the break so that Sunny could break it down for Meghan about what “Women’s Issues” are since she’s so dense. No surprise that they moved on though.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh.  "We have to get away from identity politics."  Of course she started her pronouncement with "as a Conservative" and only accused Dem women of hypocracy.  Why don't we start with you, Meghan?  

11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don’t know how much more of her stupidity and ignorance I can take. “My women’s issues are national security (?)” Meghan, Meghan, Meghan… WTF?

Does Meghan realize she doesn't speak for all Republicans?  Or all women?

• Love 12
(edited)

Meghan is once again saying things that are not factual and nobody is correcting her. James Comey didn’t leak anything; those were his personal memos. I have many opinions about him and his actions but lets keep things factual. I know that’s asking too much of people like Meghan but I wish somebody would correct her.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 24
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan once again saying things that are not factual and nobody is correcting her. James Comey didn’t leak anything; those were his personal memos. I have many opinions about him and his actions but lets keep things factual. I know that’s asking too much of people like Meghan but I wish somebody would correct her.

She also lied about the Democratic women that she listed in her diatribe, when she would not let Sunny speak her mind. Megan is a hateful person, I just can't with her...

She also try to go after Clapper and failed once again.. 

• Love 18
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Rev Curry is adorable.

Meghan's unicorn earrings are stupid.

Aw. I like the earrings. I'm pretending that the unicorn is shaking its head "no" at Meghan's attempts to be a hard-core journalist. 

Clapper seems slippery,  though.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Does Meghan realize she doesn't speak for all Republicans?  Or all women?

Well, ya know, she knows "a lot of people" in her party who feel that way, so in her mind, yes, she can speak for all of "her" people.

BTW, did anyone catch Meghan's little smart ass remark to Sunny about women's issues? "Yeah because that [identity politics] worked so well for you in 2016." This bitch...

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also try to go after Clapper and failed once again.. 

She couldn't go after him without looking at her blue cards, though. And when she does, she still gets it wrong. Pathetic.

• Love 21

I'm so confused.  In 2018 women were told to not back Hillary Clinton simply because she is a women and now we have people saying women should back Gina Haspel because she is a woman.  And Meghan has the gall to say female Democrats are hypocrites?  Fuck her.

• Love 22
(edited)

So happy for privileged MM. She has the life huh? Pesky women's issue are not her thang.  STFU Meghan! The ability to get Healthcare and be safe and earn a living you can live on, pfft.   Not all women have that privilege.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 23
12 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I To quote Joy, "who cares, so what?" is pretty much my feelings about it.

Actually it’s “So whaaat? Who caaares?”?

12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Just one comment - I am so.sick.of.Meghan.and.her.rehab.tour. 

What rehab tour? Granted, I didn’t watch last week, but saw yesterday’s show, and she’s still the same nasty piece of TWAT.

And for that interview yesterday? I didn’t learn anything new, so that “never before” hype was just that: hype. And a lot of tongue bathing by Meghan. I swear, the way guests suck up to her, one would think that Meghan is her father’s ONLY CHILD.???????

• Love 11
(edited)

So Whoopi is allowed to finish what she was trying to say, but Sunny can't?

Edit: The segment was less than three minutes. Why? The view is known for political stuff, so why did  they spend so little time on this?

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 16

Ok, today's show really pissed me off, and I only saw the Hot Topics portion.  Meghan gets to say what she wants, uninterrupted.  then it's Sunny's turn to speak on the topic -  about WOMEN"S ISSUES - and Meghan cuts her off, not once but twice.   And we never get to hear Sunny's point.  

• Love 24

Well, the bitch is actually back.  When Sunny was speaking calmly, Elsa was squawking beside her, and I am pretty sure she once again said something about what Sunny was saying as being not factual.

• Love 14
(edited)

I understand more about Meggie after the wedding/foundling father shit.  She is hopelessly out of touch by her choice, she doesn’t try because she knows it all.   I also see that she and her mother may be at odds with each other on many things.  Fear of betraying our county vs a party with crowns AND robes.   It confirms my suspicions that her parents are not thrilled with her opinions on many things, including immigration.

I am watching now.  Since I read here I am focusing on Meggie’s face. She is poised and ready to do battle at every turn.  Sometimes her smile is passive aggressive.

She tried to get Clapper!  Funny

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

I understand more about Meggie after the wedding/foundling father shit.  She is hopelessly out of touch by her choice, she doesn’t try because she knows it all.   I also see that she and her mother may be at odds with each other on many things.  Fear of betraying our county vs a party with crowns AND robes.   It confirms my suspicions that her parents are not thrilled with her opinions on many things, including immigration.

I have my suspicions as to why she has differing views than her parents.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have my suspicions as to why she has differing views than her parents.

What are they.

My guess would be family dynamics, creating a deep need to be important in the shadow of her half brothers. 

(edited)

I think the "Women's Issues" Sunny alluded to include things like Public Health initiatives, Domestic Violence legislation,  Education laws, etc. Unfortunately, Sunny didn't get a chance to be specific because she was busy fighting off the Strawman Shriekstorm that is Meghan McCain. 

Insightful, @Vanderboom. MM's status, wealth and privilege will protect her from most of these issues, hence why she can't be bothered to give a fuck about any woman besides herself.

What I did find interesting is that I loudly and proudly agreed with Meghan regarding one my top issues as a woman being terrorism! Now, before you all start throwing tomatoes at me, I'd like to clarify my position.

Our classrooms are being shot-up by terrorists at an alarming rate. These terrorists enter schools, armed with anger and frustration that is generally directed at...wait for it...young WOMEN. And these terrorists? They are generally WHITE MEN. 

Misogyny has been weaponized in this country. We have white, male terrorists who go unchecked due to privilege and the cover of calling any/all violent actions 'mental illness.' So yes, I do think terrorism is a top issue for women in this country. We just need to re-frame how we define it.

Also, I wonder if Sara has any say in being cast as the Pacifier-in-Chief to MM? The only liberal subject she's allowed to speak on freely is the LGBTQ community because she has a gay brother. Otherwise, she's constantly toeing the line and trying to parse MM's unhinged meltdowns and ignorant rants. 

Edited by Ms. Anthrope
LOVED Rev. Curry! And I corrected a grammatical mistake...
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

My guess would be family dynamics, creating a deep need to be important in the shadow of her half brothers. 

Family dynamics can cause people to act in ways they wouldn't normally act.  Also sometimes family members have a heavy influence on how one acts.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm right there with you. I've started watching less and sometimes just given up, can't make it through the whole show.  I feel like I've hit the wall with MM.  She's tiresome.  When nobody pointed out that Americans distrust the intelligence agencies because Trump has made it his job to spread distrust of these agencies for his benefit. I actually thought oh bloody hell and turned it off.

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm right there with you. I've started watching less and sometimes just given up, can't make it through the whole show.  I feel like I've hit the wall with MM.  She's tiresome.  When nobody pointed out that Americans distrust the intelligence agencies because Trump has made it his job to spread distrust of these agencies for his benefit. I actually thought oh bloody hell and turned it off.

I agree. After reading the comments here about MM's behavior on yesterday's show, I decided to skip it due to the never-ending praise of John McCain and the ignorance and incoherence of Meghan McCain. I ask myself if it's worth getting riled up watching her ruin the show, and many times I skip it, because I don't want to be more upset than I already am about our political situation and current events. It's too bad, because I used to enjoy this show.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

It always the guns, always.   She has nothing else to add, ever.   Exhausting. 

• Love 10

It's not just that Meghan voices her opinion or gives her view.  She talks like she is an authority on everything.  Except kids and pregnancy.  She simply cannot and will not concede maybe someone else's opinion is just as valid as hers.  Well actually someone else's opinion is more valid because Meghan's opinions are worthless to me.  If you aren't boycotting the Royal wedding you aren't as patriotic as her.  If you don't believe the second amendment is sacrosanct you don't believe in the Constitution as much as she does.  She has a very warped view of what it is to be an American.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Also, I wonder if Sara has any say in being cast as the Pacifier-in-Chief to MM? The only liberal subject she's allowed to speak only on freely is the LGBTQ community because she has a gay brother. Otherwise, she's constantly toeing the line and trying to parse MM's unhinged meltdowns and ignorant rants. 

Yep, and if this is going to be her role on the show she can GTFO right along with Meghan and Whoopi.

3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

or pretty much anyone......

I'm sure there are some other rich, white girls living off their last name who she "speaks" for.

Paris Hilton maybe?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Same.  Just enough of the stupidity.  The last straw was the Kelly Clarkson thing.  Some people evolve! 

• Love 12

Poor, poor Meggie!!!  She just doesn't KNOW what she doesn't KNOW, but with (what she recognizes as) just a scintilla of information she spews ignorant, hate-filled rhetoric which she really doesn't understand.  I think she's frustrated & gets angry because her "argument" is not fully-formed or INFORMED & she knows that much.  By the time most of us reached our thirties, we learned to keep our mouths shut unless we REALLY knew what we were talking about.  Poor Meggie, she just doesn't have the vocabulary or ability to formulate an intelligent response to pretty much any topic.  Those pictures in her house are totally childish & shows how close-minded the little twit is!!!

• Love 14
(edited)

Meggie’s women issue is national security.  Every citiizen is concerned about terrorism,  you twat.  What you meant is you are against gun control and immigration! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 12

Oh I LOOOOOOOOOVED how Clapper SHUT Meghan's trap with her "gotcha" question and accusing him of lying. Ohhhh, the BUUUUUUUURRRRRN was GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

And Meghan? Speak for your fucking self; the only "people" who distrust the intelligence committee, is the person sitting in the White House, and your Arrogant self. I chortled with GLEE as Clapper explained how he's testified on intelligence matters for over 25 years, and now he's going to lie? And the sarcasm! I want him to come back, if only to put that twat in her fucking place! And what the fuck was she wearing? A curtain trying to pass off as a skirt?

And Clapper is right: by its very nature, the intelligence community and the work they do, or need to do, requires SECRECY.

• Love 19
(edited)
43 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Same.  Just enough of the stupidity.  The last straw was the Kelly Clarkson thing.  Some people evolve! 

Meghan can't understand that. She's so ignorant, she lets the party do her thinking for her and to hell with critical thinking and introspection. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
She'sso is not a word
  • Love 16

In the simplest terms with regard to the royal wedding, Meghan is so dumb that she doesn't realize that now and then she needs to pull the stick out of her ass and just enjoy the beauty and happiness of an hour where she doesn't need to judge or opine.  How much happier she could be if she'd just allow herself to breathe deeply and relax, without approaching every moment in a conservative, nationalist frame of mind.  Pity.

• Love 20

I was surprised MMM didn't start her women's issues statement with "As a woman ..."  Did she graduate at the bottom of her Art History class?  Those dead presidents' portraits were gawdawful.  For someone who was not following the Royal Wedding, she sure spent a lot of time worrying about what the presidents' portraits saw on TV and what her mother's wedding party was up to on Instagram.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OK, this was the most ridiculous thing I have ever watched.  the Brits are a very, very close ally and I still remember when she said she called french fries freedom fries and the French helped us in the Revolutionary War.  She can't keep her stories straight.

I think there's some kind of theory making the rounds of right-wing social media that the royal wedding is LIBERAL in some way, shape or fashion. Not sure if it's the causes that Harry and Meghan are committed to (though one of Harry's big ones is wounded warriors), or their liberal acceptance of everyone, or that Meghan is bi-racial or that they didn't invite Trump and Melania or that... I don't know, but somehow it has the smell of LIBERAL to them and I've seen lots of knee-jerk reactions to it from right-wing folks that are all trying to find something wrong with watching it or liking it in any way. That's what Meghan M. is doing here. She has to find something to criticize about it because her "tribe" says so, she just can't figure out what that negative thing is, so she landed on patriotism?

• Love 20
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

Plus she dragged out the tired talking point that this kid had other weapons so tougher gun laws are useless.

Yes, the pipe bombs which didn’t go off. Thankfully they didn’t go off during the Columbine shooting either, even when the killers shot directly at one. I’m not saying they won’t go off one day when this happens again, but bombs did not kill anyone this time. A. Gun. Did. 

5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan once again you stupid twat.  If there is a distrust by Americans of our intelligence community it is because of this administrations constant denigrating of our intelligence community.

Thank you. There are people out there, including Meghan, who believe everything that POS says. There are MORE people who have trust in our intelligence agencies. 

Her paintings were completely ugly and I agree with whoever questioned if she would have a painting of Hamilton if not for the musical. He was a young, scrappy and hungry IMMIGRANT. I wonder how many people in her tribe know that Hamilton was not born here.

The only good thing she brings to the show is that she has yet to learn to not challenge any political guest because they will always, always shut down her nonsensical arguments and points and make her look like the dumb fuck she is.

• Love 17