Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

She has to be in a very big bubble all by herself.  Her adopted sister is Indian, and has very dark skin. Her brother is married to a Black woman. I'm sure they both have experiences they could share with Meghan if she would choose to listen. 

It would be interesting to know if they share her views.

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, whydoiwatchtv said:

I almost tweeted this at her “You are beyond rude, entitled, spoiled, too angry and so unpleasant. You constantly interrupt, monopolize the conversation and then dare to snap that you were speaking. You are becoming ridiculous and exhausting. Wish you could take a manners class.”

But I know she wont see it and if she does, it won’t do any good. Damn, is she nasty! I honestly can’t believe she is allowed to act like this. One of the most entitled brats I’ve ever seen. 

I thought debutants went to finishing school.  Meghan must have been rejected.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

She has to be in a very big bubble all by herself.  Her adopted sister is Indian, and has very dark skin. Her brother is married to a Black woman. I'm sure they both have experiences they could share with Meghan if she would choose to listen. 

She probably thinks this makes her enlightened and not racist-because she has a brother and sister who are minorities. I don’t care how she slices it, but her coded word salad and screeching whenever she’s trying to “explain” her stance on an issue that deals with race, doesn’t hide her own racism.?

It’s right up there with racists who say “I have BLACK friends!” as proof they aren’t racists.

• Love 11
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Tosia said:

When Ana or an intelligent, well spoken conservative is on the show,  there is more than enough time for her to speak concisely and calmly and with civility /manners about any topic.

MM' s incoherent word salads, lies, and hand-picked, skewed stats make her a waste of everyone's time. 

Above all, Ana or Paula, or  other conservatives are mature about disagreements and even, even with fucking humor to agree to disagree. 

But does Meghan even understand that?  I'm willing to bet that Meghan thinks Ana is given more time because she's "turned on the party" and is only a RINO. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
Clean up
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She probably thinks this makes her enlightened and not racist-because she has a brother and sister who are minorities. I don’t care how she slices it, but her coded word salad and screeching whenever she’s trying to “explain” her stance on an issue that deals with race, doesn’t hide her own racism.?

It’s right up there with racists who say “I have BLACK friends!” as proof they aren’t racists.

She does the dog whistles very well.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Eh. I 100% disagree. Barbara Walters didn't create the show based on the political leanings of the individual co-hosts. Of course they talk about politics but the point of the show is for everyone at the table to give their take on the day's news as women, not as liberals/conservatives/ect.

Yes, but when they’re talking about politics, Meghan SHOULD get about 50% of the airtime. The rest of the  “fluff talk” should be evenly distributed amongst all of them. That’s my opinion. You don’t have to agree with me, but I think what I have described is fair.

38 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

Yes, but when they’re talking about politics, Meghan SHOULD get about 50% of the airtime. The rest of the  “fluff talk” should be evenly distributed amongst all of them. That’s my opinion. You don’t have to agree with me, but I think what I have described is fair.

This show is not Meet The Press, Face the Nation, or any other news/political show, where everyone gets a “fair” share to speak.  Or if there is only one lone person whose politics is the opposite of everyone, that they should get double time. If that’s what one is looking for, this show is not the place where they will get that. It’s an entertainment/gabfest show.

Or what @ChicagoCita said.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

This is The View - not the MM Show.

Exactly. I'm sure she'd have her own show if only some network was stupid enough to give it to her, although I'm sure it would only last a season before being cancelled. Having to be treated like one of the peons and mingle with the peasants on this show for her 5 minutes of fame must be excruciating for the poor girl.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Having to be treated like one of the peons and mingle with the peasants on this show for her 5 minutes of fame must be excruciating for the poor girl.

I think you mean exhausting. Per Meghan herself, it’s so EXHAUSTING to be her and do what she thinks is her job in this show.????

• Love 17
23 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

But The View isn't a paid political message that needs to give equal time to each party, no more than Fox News and MSNBC should be required to have half their programming given to opposing viewpoints. The View is morning entertainment, and given their audience, they reflect it well.

The View has officially been part of the non-fiction branch of programming within ABC News since 2014. That technically makes them a news show that should at least make an attempt to display some objectivity and allow true diversity of opinion without all the shouting and talking over each other. 

I would enjoy and welcome a conservative voice on the panel. I’m super liberal but I don’t want to be in an echo chamber. I want to hear other views and be able to debate the issues calmly and constructively. Meghan Is not able to discuss anything without meltdowns and becoming rude. She’s tribal, shrill, nasty, entitled, interruptive, etc. and for a million other unpleasant reasons, she’s terrible for this panel. Just my opinion, of course, but each week she makes “her side” look more and more mean and intolerant. That snap at Sunny she did still pisses me off, too. Whe does she thinks she is? It’s embarrassing. I can’t hope she leaves at the hiatus more than I do now.

• Love 19
53 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan is the one that does the shouting and talking over the others.  And, she’s generally the one that just spoke.

The shouting and talking over each other was happening long before Meghan was ever on the show. I agree that she can be bad, but all of them, except for Sarah can be quite rude at times.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I would enjoy and welcome a conservative voice on the panel. I’m super liberal but I don’t want to be in an echo chamber. I want to hear other views and be able to debate the issues calmly and constructively.

Same here.  I like Ana, and I liked Jed (and Jed had better hair than MM), I know a lot didn't like her, but I found her pretty reasonable.

• Love 4
(edited)

Meh-gan admitted herself that she is the "biggest hawk"....i.e., jingoist.....characterized by  extreme patriotism, especially  in the form of aggressive or war-like foreign policy. From online dictionary. 

MM is just woefully unfit for this type of show.  She just doesn't have the chops--ether personality-wise, intellectually, and ability for  speaking coherently or concisely-- no matter what her politics are.  

RHONY, Jersey Shore, and The Bachelor are her speed although I don't know what she could do in that realm of dreck. 

Edited by Tosia
It's her, not the subject.
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 5/25/2018 at 4:23 PM, blondiec0332 said:
On 5/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, Morgalisa said:

It would be interesting to know if they share her views.

I have come to believe that no one in her family shares her view in entirety and some not at all, any of it.  It is a very big family and we don't hear from any of them other than Meggie.  Not one. Correct me if I am wrong. 

ETA.  The guest republicans pay her little mind.  Ana is the prime example of respected in her party and by democrates as well.  She is moderate but others who have come are not.  None of them engage with her more than being polite.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, Wings said:

I have come to believe that no one in her family shares her view in entirety and some not at all, any of it.  It is a very big family and we don't hear from any of them other than Meggie.  Not one. Correct me if I am wrong.  Her attitude is being fed by a small faction of her fans in red hats at Walmart.  

ETA.  The guest republicans pay her little mind.  Ana is the prime example of respected in her party and by democrates as well.  She is moderate but others who have come are not.  None of them engage with her more than being polite.  

I'm not even sure the MAGA hat wearing crowd know who she is. Other than being her father's daughter who is she exactly?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not even sure the MAGA hat wearing crowd know who she is. Other than being her father's daughter who is she exactly?

I bet you are right.  I don't follow her on twitter but she must have some who like her.  Well, maybe not!  I know there are very few if so. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I still think she parrots her husband.  Not sure she has any original thoughts.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I agree.  She cannot defend her points or even articulate them well and that tells me they are not her own. 

55 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I edited my post to remove that foolish notion!  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Wings said:
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I agree.  She cannot defend her points or even articulate them well and that tells me they are not her own. 

I wonder of "Mr. McCain" will soon get tired of his ideas being spewed five days/week...with no credit given to him.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder of "Mr. McCain" will soon get tired of his ideas being spewed five days/week...with no credit given to him.

He might be happy Meggie is helping to get his views out on a national level. 

• Love 7

Meghan is rude. Shrill. Constantly interrupts the other women. Becomes offended when not agreed with. Chastises the audience. ALWAYS refers to herself as a Republican. Feels she has to *teach* everyone. *All* the time. From what I have seen, the other women do *not* expect her to change her mind or her politics. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎27 at 11:53 AM, Wings said:

I have come to believe that no one in her family shares her view in entirety and some not at all, any of it.  It is a very big family and we don't hear from any of them other than Meggie.  Not one. Correct me if I am wrong. 

I just watched a John McCain bio on HBO and her half-sister Sidney mentioned that she (Sidney) is super liberal but enjoys discussions with her father.  That is probably because he listens to other peoples' opinions and works on bipartisan compromises.  Sidney didn't mention Meggie, but we know Meggie doesn't listen or converse, she just reads her talking points, which doesn't go over well at the dinner table.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
On 5/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, RHJunkie said:

I truly do respect what John McCain has done for his country and feel bad for what he's going through right now, but it's bittersweet listening to any of his wise words because it seems lost on his own daughter and she sits on that stage everyday and conducts herself in a way (and makes inferences in a way) that seems to go against the very grain of her own father's principles and integrity. And worse than that, she soaks up all that praise. Please stop directing your John McCain compliments at her! Respecting her father doesn't mean she should get a free ride when she says wrong things, when she behaves aggressively and like a brat who can't hear anyone else speak around her unless they're agreeing with her. Just stop it!

Your entire post is amazing, but this paragraph in particular is extra praise-worthy.   ??

• Love 3