Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

You have had to have a picture ID in Georgia for way over 10 years and they don't accept student ID's either. It's horrible. A lot of really old people don't have birth certificates because they were born at home or lost them and can not get a Ga. State official ID because you have to have a birth certificate. Don't get me started. But I voted yesterday and there was actually a line in Atlanta. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

You have had to have a picture ID in Georgia for way over 10 years and they don't accept student ID's either. It's horrible. A lot of really old people don't have birth certificates because they were born at home or lost them and can not get a Ga. State official ID because you have to have a birth certificate. Don't get me started. But I voted yesterday and there was actually a line in Atlanta. 

Its maddening (except for the line part -- and thanks for voting!) Voter suppression just isn't talked about. My state tried to enact it via the ballot and it was completely overshadowed by a same-sex marriage ballot initiative.

• Love 3
(edited)

37 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

And then Whoopi says that Deval Patrick was not the first black governor but the guy in L.A. was. Wait, what?

and Blondiec0332 said:  I heard her say that and thought LA is now a state?.

Guess it comes down to how you punctuate "LA"!  If referring to "L.A." as in Los Angeles, then, No.  BUT, if referring to "LA" as in Louisiana, that's technically correct (according to the great Wikipedia).  Per Wiki,

First African-American governor of Louisiana: P. B. S. Pinchback (Also first in U.S.) (Non-elected; see also Douglas Wilder, 1990)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Guess it comes down to how you punctuate "LA"!  If referring to "L.A." as in Los Angeles, then, No.  BUT, if referring to "LA" as in Louisiana, that's technically correct (according to the great Wikipedia).  Per Wiki,

Thanks, Tunia. I learned something new today. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whoopi is criticizing the 30 yr. old man living with his parents when she still continues to support her 40something daughter.

But Whoopi wants to support/help her daughter - the parents of the 30 yo man, DON'T want to help him anymore.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

With me watching less and ff alot more. And now the chew being canceled my daytime tv viewing will definitely suck next season. 

Oh no! I love the Chew! :(

And there's no one on that show who aggravates me, like McCain does. Dammit.

• Love 2

This is from an earlier episode, but can someone at the show please tell Meghan that she doesn't have to read out all the names and the entire quote for each name in her cards when making a simple point like -in the 2016 election, the importance of women supporting women was mentioned repeatedly from major leaders like Michelle Obama.  If someone wants details, go back to the card.  Don't just read from a piece of paper and eat up time in the segment.

I genuinely think Meghan doesn't know how to have a conversation where the intent is to try to be interesting to other people.  She's like a little kid that way.  If she thinks it, it must be interesting and people must want to hear it.  And if she spends the most time talking, that means she's the most important and her points "won" the debate. She's competing with the other women instead of interacting with them.  

• Love 24

When someone of Leslie Stahl's character, talks about an experience or, retells an anecdote that she had with a public figure, any person with a scintilla of common sense would know that it wasn't a conversation that was off the record. The camera isn't ON all the time. And if he'd wanted what he would say to be off the record, he would have told her, not asked her, that whatever he said be off the record. So Meghan again proves how STOOPID she is, trying to play the Vinny Barbarino of "I'm soooo confuuuuuuuused" as to what happened: was it off the record or not?

The BEST LINE in the show was Michelle's: 'I DON'T CARE!!!!" in response to whether comedians would ever be called to the Correspondence dinner again.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

But Whoopi wants to support/help her daughter - the parents of the 30 yo man, DON'T want to help him anymore.  

Doesn't her daughter live in another state or at least another home?  Whoopi has enough money and I could totally see her helping out way over at the other house.  That guy in the news is super creepy and he has weapons in a home that is not his.  I am concerned for his parents too.  They need an eviction and an order of protection.

31 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

I genuinely think Meghan doesn't know how to have a conversation

Exactly!  The others have a discussion and then Meg gets up on her soap box........................

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When someone of Leslie Stahl's character, talks about an experience or, retells an anecdote that she had with a public figure, any person with a scintilla of common sense would know that it wasn't a conversation that was off the record. The camera isn't ON all the time. And if he'd wanted what he would say to be off the record, he would have told her, not asked her, that whatever he said be off the record. So Meghan again proves how STOOPID she is, trying to play the Vinny Barbarino of "I'm soooo confuuuuuuuused" as to what happened: was it off the record or not?

The BEST LINE in the show was Michelle's: 'I DON'T CARE!!!!" in response to whether comedians would ever be called to the Correspondence dinner again.

LMAO at  Barbarino!

• Love 6

Meghan never has an original thought. She uses her blue card with other people's thoughts and on twitter she retweets them like she approves them yet never, ever elaborates why she does or add additional info why she agrees.

• Love 12
(edited)

I had to rewind the section at the end of the show, because I couldn't believe that Whoopi suggested that because of  what's going on in Hawaii now (volcanic activity) that the Bachelor couple might have to reconsider their wedding in MAUI in January. Does she not know that there are several islands in Hawaii, and the lava flow is on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII??? Why did no one speak up about that? The Hawaiian Tourism Board must have been thrilled to have heard her stupid remarks.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

And then Whoopi says that Deval Patrick was not the first black governor but the guy in L.A. was. Wait, what?

i know Whoopi thinks she knows everything but California has never had a black governor so I don''t know what she was thinking.  We had a black mayor of Los Angeles and a black female senator but that is it!  Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut if you down know the truth!

• Love 8
Just now, Fannysue said:

i know Whoopi thinks she knows everything but California has never had a black governor so I don''t know what she was thinking.  We had a black mayor of Los Angeles and a black female senator but that is it!  Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut if you down know the truth!

This is Whoopie, an ignoramus who has said that the N word is one of her favorite words in the world.. She says a lot of things that are wrong, but, they are too scared to correct her. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I FUCKING LOVED Michelle Wolff today for everything!  She was so cool and nonchalant about the faux " attacks" on Huckasanders' looks.

But especially Michelle saying that hosting the WHCD was NOT a big deal for comics because I'm sure that blew MM's mind that the White House/political folk are NOT desired company to be in.  Good luck on getting anyone of note to emcee next year's dinner, if there is one.  

MM had Lesley Stahl and crew out to their ranch didja know?  And why would any one with a modicum of intelligence ever tell a reporter anything "off the record"? Ever?  (Unless someone is drunk or high). There are usually contracts that spell out what is to be asked and shown, and things that are specifically NOT to be asked, discussed, brought up, or shown,  like first wives, embarrassing or illegal incidents, etc.... MM insinuated that Stahl talked off the record when that caveat was never a part of her conversation with Drumpf; he's arrogant and stupid enough to say something like that.... his base that wouldn't care anyway.  

I NEVER watched The Bachelor so didn't care about it,  but I liked that the guy refuted MM 's mean-spirited "question" about showing how sad it was to show his break up with another lady on tv......he  said, like we all know, that he doesn't have a say in the edits,  nitwit, and I think his fiance said that they showed ALL the break-ups. 

MM 's questions show her ignorance and  just her nastiness towards guests from all walks of life. What a creep. Plus, on the superficial side,  in her 80's dress today, MM looked like that Bachelorette's mother. 

Edited by Tosia
Can't stand her. Me and George Costanza.
  • Love 13

Pachebo, you deserve a writing award for the above post!

1 hour ago, Fannysue said:

i know Whoopi thinks she knows everything but California has never had a black governor so I don''t know what she was thinking.  We had a black mayor of Los Angeles and a black female senator but that is it!

I think she was cheating by taking something from the TelePrompTer.  She probably saw "LA" (which meant Louisiana) and then made a pronouncement as if it were her own, "L.A."

• Love 6
(edited)

Kenz said:

I had to rewind the section at the end of the show, because I couldn't believe that Whoopi suggested that because of  what's going on in Hawaii now (volcanic activity) that the Bachelor couple might have to reconsider their wedding in MAUI in January. Does she not know that there are several islands in Hawaii, and the lava flow is on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII??? Why did no one speak up about that? The Hawaiian Tourism Board must have been thrilled to have heard her stupid remarks

Dear Whoopi and Meghan:

https://imgur.com/a/BZOS4g3#NuyWFDI, and Maui is an entire other island to the north.  I think that Bachelor couple and 99.999% of travelers to the Hawaiian Islands will be just fine.

Edited by Tunia
Added Meghan b/c she was just as uninformed as Whoopi.
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

I had to rewind the section at the end of the show, because I couldn't believe that Whoopi suggested that because of  what's going on in Hawaii now (volcanic activity) that the Bachelor couple might have to reconsider their wedding in MAUI in January. Does she not know that there are several islands in Hawaii, and the lava flow is on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII??? Why did no one speak up about that? The Hawaiian Tourism Board must have been thrilled to have heard her stupid remarks.

@Kenz, I came here to post the same thing.  What an idiot.  And when Joy said that the volcanoes created the beauty that is the islands, Whoopi says it is not beautiful now.  Yes, there is an active volcano, and I wouldn't want to have a trip booked to the Big Island this week, but most of the Big Island is fine, and the other islands are too, and their wedding is in January.  Again, what an idiot.  I love Maui and Hawaii, and I too thought, the tourism people must just love her ridiculous remarks.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Hawaii-Travel/Volcano-toll-on-tourism-prompts-Hawaii-governor-speak-up

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

MW was fantastic and hit the right points. I loved that she pointed out that when the camera cut to Christie after her joke, he was actually eating.  No one mentioned that she criticized his appearance.  And she said something about McConnell's neck getting circumcised. 

https://www.alternet.org/watch-views-meghan-mccain-go-down-flames-after-trying-guilt-trip-michelle-wolf

I was hoping for someone to point out that Suckabee no longer is wearing a perfect smoky eye.

Edited by bannana
added a link
  • Love 14
(edited)

Whoopi keeps going on about black history, like she knows it all. Well, her hand-flapping about "that guy in L.A." made me nuts. This former Angeleno would like to educate her. His name was Tom Bradley, and he is to this day the one and only African-American mayor of LA. He served for 20 years, longer than any other mayor of the city. He was in office when I moved there, and he was still in office when I left. And he was a hell of a guy. He used to stop by small local businesses (bodegas, donut shops) to buy a few items and ask how things were going, on a regular basis. I knew so many people who either ran into him that way or knew someone who did.

If you're going to mention him as a trailblazer, try to remember his name. Sheesh.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

Plus, on the superficial side,  in her 80's dress today, MM looked like that Bachelorette's mother. 

Meghan is in her 30s so I don't know why she dresses like she several decades older.  I will be 50 in a couple months and I wouldn't be caught dead in most of her clothes.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Kenz said:

THIS!!!  I used to work for Illinois Tourism and I was like....."aww hell no she didn't just say that"  Disney has a resort on Oahu and they can't be happy that Whoopi is telling people to stay away from the entire state.  Maybe today, there will be a "retraction".  

• Love 5
(edited)

The only thing I can offer in Whoopi's defense regarding HI is that if one volcano blows, it's possible that those on other islands may be getting ready to blow too?  But I'm not a geologist so I don't know.

Meghan wore that same top last week.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

Compare this discussion about the NFL to the one between Sunny and Paula. Both respected each other and didn't get angry like this. They also spoke about facts and not emotions.

Meghan....I don't know why she acted like this. She cuts off everyone. I still don't mind her as much as others, but I hate when she gets like that and pulls a tantrum.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan....I don't know why she acted like this. She cuts off everyone. I still don't mind her as much as others, but I hate when she gets like that and pulls a tantrum.

After commercial break, both Sunny and Meghan said they're on the "sick" end of the table and apologized.

That doesn't excuse Meghan for being a rude bitch and going off on Sunny - not this time nor any other time.

And amen to everyone at the table except sour-face Meghan for saying this isn't about disrespecting the military or the flag. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21

So, Meghan throws a mini tantrum because Sunny interrupted her and they go to a commercial.  When they come back, Meghan has uninterrupted air time.  Who else, other than Whoopie, ever gets that?  I’m not going to time it but she seems to get twice as much air time as anyone else.  This really is The Meghan McCain Hour.

• Love 22
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The only thing I can offer in Whoopi's defense regarding HA is that if one volcano blows, it's possible that those on other islands may be getting ready to blow too?  But I'm not a geologist so I don't know.

Meghan wore that same top last week.

@Haleth , your stupid autocorrect doesn't know the abbreviation for Hawaii! ????

20 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan acts this way because she's an entitled, privileged TWAT who believes and acts like her opinion is the only one that counts and hers should be the last voice heard on ANY and ALL issues.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Haleth , your stupid autocorrect doesn't know the abbreviation for Hawaii! ????

Well, shoot, it wasn't stupid autocorrect, it was stupid me. I was in a hurry and not thinking. It's fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Who else, other than Whoopie, ever gets that?  I’m not going to time it but she seems to get twice as much air time as anyone else.  This really is The Meghan McCain Hour.

Yup. The Meghan McCain View. If we were to time it I can almost guarantee Meghan gets the most unfiltered, uninterrupted time to speak. She's been on this show for almost a year (YUCK) and yet the babying and hand-holding continues. I'm sick of it.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yup. The Meghan McCain View. If we were to time it I can almost guarantee Meghan gets the most unfiltered, uninterrupted time to speak. She's been on this show for almost a year (YUCK) and yet the babying and hand-holding continues. I'm sick of it.

Joy told her that they all have a right to speak, when she was having her meltdown.. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm convinced Meghan was on Xanax last week when she was so pleasant and got off it this week and that's why she's back to normal.

I suspected she was on "chill pills".

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy told her that they all have a right to speak, when she was having her meltdown.. 

Did you, or anyone else for that matter, catch what Meghan asked Sara before her little meltdown? Whatever she asked seemed to catch Sara by surprise because Sara paused for a second before responding.

• Love 4