Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

OK so I just watched the segment with Meghan explaining why she didn't watch the Royal Wedding and it was even more ridiculous than I thought.  So Meghan I guess thought it would be treason? disrespectful? to watch because we fought a war against England over 200 years ago?

Gawd!  What a dope!  

• Love 12

OH my gosh the "art" in MMs home!!  Her idol Bitsy only had children's presidential placements  and made  Stars and Stripes cookies  and sang the National anthem at bedtime. Oh and had a giant flag pole  attached to her stroller.

Maybe  MM isn't really a patriot.

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Can we get a doctor to examine Meghan? Because there is obviously something really messed up between her auditory hearing and the way her brain interprets the information.  What media is talking about banning guns all together and eradicating the 2nd amendment?

I like the doctor idea...but she's also tribe-controlled.  Seemingly intelligent men (usually men) accuse ANYONE who wants some sort of control on the out-of-control gun problem--of wanting to repeal the Second Amendment.  

36 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

And to add, Meghan's patriotism is at a level of unhealthy. The fact that while watching videos of the royal wedding you feel the need to have a conversation with your presidential portraits to reaffirm your Americanness isn't funny, it's pretty stupid and beyond extra, lol.

She digs a deeper hole every day.  What a ridiculous concept...and what silly producer allowed those (probably extremely expensive) paintings to be featured?  Is everyone stoooopid but us???

• Love 16
(edited)

I like the doctor idea...but she's also tribe-controlled.  Seemingly intelligent men (usually men) accuse ANYONE who wants some sort of control on the out-of-control gun problem--of wanting to repeal the Second Amendment. 

It really does make me think this is really what the NRA is afraid of. That the stricter gun laws would actually work and shootings would dramatically  decrease(as it has in other countries in Australia and the UK) and that the success make repealing the 2nd Amendment a genuine possibility. That's their nightmare.

On the subject of Harry and Meghan's wedding and the Royal Family in general, I remember 21 years ago when The View was just a few weeks old and Princess Diana's death happened. I genuinely think that event is what made the show. It was something on TV where a group of women of different ages and backgrounds would talk about this subject that a large female audience be interested in and stereotypical as it was, allowed to be emotional about it. There wasn't any other show around like that. News shows had to keep a professional distance.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Don't forget flags in every room.

What?!  Really?  I just got home and now have to watch.  Pictures of ‘our foundling fathers’, too? Jesus fuck she is such a freak.  Talk of gun control exhausts me, it never goes anywhere.  It is a circular conversation.  This administration is never going to do anything about it.  

• Love 13
(edited)

And people wonder why the rest of the world has a low opinion of us.

Steven Spielberg, one of the "Hollywood Liberals" derided goes duck hunting and skeet shooting(according to Shia LeBouf who did the latter with him, is a really good shot. Probably isn't looking to repeal the 2nd amendment. Just wants reasonable gun laws.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 8
(edited)

Meggie saying, to her pictures, “don’t worry we will remain scrappy and hungry” is the root of her anger and identity of being the biggest hawk on TV.  What, is she fighting in the American Revolution?   Meggie, we won our independence , it’s okay now.  England is an ally.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

Meggie saying, to her pictures, “don’t worry we will remain scrappy and hungry” is the root of her anger and identity of being the biggest hawk on TV.  What, is she fighting in the American Revolution?   Meggie, we won, it’s okay now. 

That was just so bizarre.  It's like she thinks we are still fighting for our independence or something.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WELLLL??? What was the “Never Before?” Did they reveal anything we didn’t already know?

Yes.  He never regretted publicaly or privately that he chose Sara Palin!!  I don’t believe that! 

5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That was just so bizarre.  It's like she thinks we are still fighting for our independence or something.

Yes that is what I said in the post you quoted.  She is fighting in the American Revolution (for our independence).

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes.  He never regretted publicaly or privately that he chose Sara Palin!!  I don’t believe that! 

Da Fuck? I thought I read something about how  in his book he admitted he did regret that choice. Though technically speaking, it was Schmidt’s choice and he just went along.

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Wings said:

Meggie saying, to her pictures, “don’t worry we will remain scrappy and hungry” is the root of her anger and identity of being the biggest hawk on TV.  What, is she fighting in the American Revolution?   Meggie, we won, it’s okay now. 

So Meggie is quoting Hamilton, the musical, about IMMIGRANTS coming to America to foment a revolution.???  Scrappy and hungry????  She's not scrappy, just a mean snowflake,  and (yes, I'm being superficial here)  doesn't look like she goes hungry.   C'mon, someone had to say it.  Taking one for the team here.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Da Fuck? I thought I read something about how  in his book he admitted he did regret that choice. Though technically speaking, it was Schmidt’s choice and he just went along.

McCain said he wished he had chosen Joe Lieberman.  Which of course means he wished he  hadn't chosen Palin.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, rollacoaster said:

I loved how the camera flashed briefly on Sara's perturbed face as Meghan was talking about being shamed for not being into the Royal Wedding.  Oh, oh the shade, the pain of it all! Such a young maverick and martyr. Poor Meghan. The road she walks is a hard, long, lonely one. Cue western music as she rides her white horse into the sunset, draped in bandoleers and the American flag. 

She's being "shamed" for not being into the Royal wedding?  

Ok, then I'm being SHAMED for not being into the "real housewives" or the Kardashians.?

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

Can't even have a conversation about the royal wedding without Meghan McCain needing to be extra.  Nobody wants to see a picture of your paintings, Meghan.  

Well, no one wants to see Meghan either but there she is.  Every damn day.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She digs a deeper hole every day.  What a ridiculous concept...and what silly producer allowed those (probably extremely expensive) paintings to be featured?  Is everyone stoooopid but us???

You know the most ironic thing? When the realities of little children getting shot generates the reaction of white conservative men saying 'if you try to restrict our guns, then what next' yet it's many of those same white conservative men  (on that side of the political spectrum) that say 'if you have nothing to hide, then why are you against the government imposing their will on your constitutional rights in the name national security?'They instil fear of what is different in an effort to control people and it creates this cult like thinking that anyone who recognizes that their HUMAN rights are being infringed upon have something to hide when they don't willingly participate in being violated. Oh but when it comes to guns, now that's the cause to fight for. It really just turns my stomach hearing the endless amount of excuses they come up with and when all is said and done, they've done NOTHING to address any of the so called reasons for these school shootings. Stop talking about mental illness when your government not only repealed laws that was intended to keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill equipped people, but you're also the party that says that universal healthcare can't be done in the United States so you're trying to take money away from people who need the help and are likely not in a position to financially support their rehabilitation. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

It really does make me think this is really what the NRA is afraid of. That the stricter gun laws would actually work and shootings would dramatically  decrease(as it has in other countries in Australia and the UK) and that the success make repealing the 2nd Amendment a genuine possibility. That's their nightmare.

On the subject of Harry and Meghan's wedding and the Royal Family in general, I remember 21 years ago when The View was just a few weeks old and Princess Diana's death happened. I genuinely think that event is what made the show. It was something on TV where a group of women of different ages and backgrounds would talk about this subject that a large female audience be interested in and stereotypical as it was, allowed to be emotional about it. There wasn't any other show around like that. News shows had to keep a professional distance.

It's their nightmare because it essentially puts them out of business. They take calls for more sensible gun laws and relate that as messages to their members and gun loving folk as 'they want to take all our guns away'. Then people go out and buy more guns and donate more money to the NRA. After the Vegas shooting, when the NRA was done, their members were buying out all of the bump stocks. After Parkland, by the time the NRA was done with their members, their donations tripled. I can respect individuals who own guns and use them appropriately but no one can convince me that the NRA is really trying to fight the good fight. The NRA has made their business guns and their messaging is completely self serving to their bottom line. 

• Love 16

I am a Canadian and an anti-monarchist, and I enjoyed the Royal Wedding.  I tried not to watch, on principle, but I got sucked in.  It was so odd that Elsa would feel that she was somehow letting down the founding fathers by watching the wedding.  I wonder if all the Americans who watched Charles and Diana get married felt equally as disloyal.  Even Elsa's mother threw a Royal Wedding party, and Elsa said she was so ashamed that she refused to show a picture on the show.  And she got so excited when she heard Whoopi didn't watch, but then Whoopi went on to explain that she didn't need to watch it, and she described the significance of there being a black princess that young black girls could see as a role model.

I thought it was too bad they didn't discuss some of the more fun things from the day, like some of the guests (Americans included), and the page boys and bridesmaids.

Here's Cindy McCain's wedding party pics, it looks like fun.

https://www.instagram.com/cindymccain/

The writer/staffer for John McCain that Elsa has known her entire life and who she says is like an uncle to her didn't seem to be as close to her as she was describing.  And of course her trying to get him to confirm that she never screams, well I didn't notice him playing along with that either.

I thought it was weird how Elsa kept saying that they are not allowed to discuss mental illness, and then mentioned it again and talked about how teenaged boys are killing people because they were rejected by a girl. Yes, that is one story that is out there, but clearly there's so much more, as the others were trying to explain.  She also mentioned explosives, twice, that the shooter had, but I read that they were duds.  So why mention that.  

• Love 10

There is no fixing the problem with violent and gun culture in America. We are not alone in gun ownership and violence in media. We have a fetishized culture of thuggery and entitlement. Rooms full of dead children will not change... We don't like each other. We are lazy, spoiled,  and entitled.  We can spout shit on the internet, or make our little signs.. But, we are selfish and lazy and there is no unity anymore. We went over the line a long time ago. And, it's time to pay our long overdue payments for the bullshit this country has been pulling for years. We don't deserve this country. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't think she believes in patriotism; but more in Nationalism, based on her words and "'splanations."

In fact if you look at Dr Lawrence Britt's 14 defining characteristics of fascism you'd see a few interesting things relating to Meghan, including:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
and,
4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.

Only watched a couple of segments today. I'm from a country with strong gun laws and it works extremely well. It seems disingenuous of people to be clutching their pearls wondering what to do and talking about how complicated the issue is. It's like these conversations are part of a muddying of the waters so that nothing really will get done. Can't stand the deification of John McCain, or anyone really. Didn't Meghan say the other week: "Eh, we're all dying"?

• Love 13
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

OK so I just watched the segment with Meghan explaining why she didn't watch the Royal Wedding and it was even more ridiculous than I thought.  So Meghan I guess thought it would be treason? disrespectful? to watch because we fought a war against England over 200 years ago?

OK, this was the most ridiculous thing I have ever watched.  the Brits are a very, very close ally and I still remember when she said she called french fries freedom fries and the French helped us in the Revolutionary War.  She can't keep her stories straight.

She is definitely a nationalist - look how well that thinking worked out in Germany.\

Her stance on guns is ridiculous.  Argh!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I think Meghan missed the bigger picture of the Royal Wedding.

In the US, which is supposed to be the more modern, forward thinking, diverse country, Black people are being reported, harassed, and arrested (and even shot) for: entering their own apartment, having a picnic in the park, sitting at a coffeeshop, napping in a dorm, checking out of a bed and breakfast, holding a phone, etc. 

And in the "traditional, uptight" country, England,  a biracial woman joining the Royal family, is welcomed and celebrated,  while America watches.  

So Megan can talk to her oil paintings of the founding fathers, while the rest of us wish our country wasn't in the hands of racists and fools. 

She TOTALLY missed the bigger picture of it. She acted like she would have committed treason and the forefathers' ghosts would come down like Fire and Brimstone if she had watched it. And her cackling, thinking Whoopi was on her side, because Whoopi also didn't watch was so ridiculous. And it was a thing of beauty to watch her face fall when Whoopi explained why. Just because she didn't watch, didn't mean it was because she didn't want to for that fucked up idiotic reasons that Meghan refused to watch.

2 hours ago, bannana said:

I am a Canadian and an anti-monarchist, and I enjoyed the Royal Wedding.  I tried not to watch, on principle, but I got sucked in.  It was so odd that Elsa would feel that she was somehow letting down the founding fathers by watching the wedding.  I wonder if all the Americans who watched Charles and Diana get married felt equally as disloyal.  Even Elsa's mother threw a Royal Wedding party, and Elsa said she was so ashamed that she refused to show a picture on the show.  And she got so excited when she heard Whoopi didn't watch, but then Whoopi went on to explain that she didn't need to watch it, and she described the significance of there being a black princess that young black girls could see as a role model.

I thought it was too bad they didn't discuss some of the more fun things from the day, like some of the guests (Americans included), and the page boys and bridesmaids.

PREACH! If my health was better, I would have gotten up to watch. If I felt as Meghan the twat did, it would be akin to me refusing to watch Charles and Diana getting married, which I DID watch, William and Kate, and Harry and Meghan because England colonized my country (India) for many years. And all of you would call me out on it for being ridiculous.

And AGAIN, she doesn't get it, and proves here wilful blindness, ignorance and stupidity when she keeps asking "what action are they asking for?" CLEARLY she's not listening. NO ONE is saying the action is to repeal the Second Amendment. What they're asking/yelling for is STRICTER BACKGROUND CHECKS and STRICTER GUN LAWS. And her response? To lap all the killers as boys who were rejected by girls and mentally ill; because you have to be mentally ill to kill; no; one can also just be evil; sociopaths, psychos. And when she knows she can't complete her ignorant remarks, she ends with a dismissive "Whatever."

And very telling that Joy AND Sunny weren't at the table during the interview.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

God, Fuck You Meghan....we are enjoying the Royal Wedding. 

The love between Harry and Meghan was awesome to behold.  Joy was right about needing this beautiful celebration amid the chaos and hate in the world.  

• Love 24

I thought this would be a relatively calm day because John McCain was going to be the focus (yet again), but Meghan’s trademark entitled-hatefulness was back. Joy starts to read a quote from someone she said she agrees with, only for Meghan to interrupt, “IS THIS PERSON A GUN OWNER?!!!” Who cares? That has nothing at all to do with whether a point has value or not.

Then she brings up--twice--the fact that Kelly owns 9 guns. NINE!!! Again, who cares??? Not everyone who owns a gun is incapable of knowing the difference between the phrase ‘gun control’ and ‘gun ban,’ even though Meghan tries her best (aka, acts deranged) on this show to keep that line blurred to shutdown any progress in the conversation. Kelly Clarkson isn’t the brain-dead, tribal lunatic you are, McCain.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And AGAIN, she doesn't get it, and proves here wilful blindness, ignorance and stupidity when she keeps asking "what action are they asking for?" CLEARLY she's not listening. NO ONE is saying the action is to repeal the Second Amendment. What they're asking/yelling for is STRICTER BACKGROUND CHECKS and STRICTER GUN LAWS. And her response? To lap all the killers as boys who were rejected by girls and mentally ill; because you have to be mentally ill to kill; no; one can also just be evil; sociopaths, psychos. And when she knows she can't complete her ignorant remarks, she ends with a dismissive "Whatever."

Plus she dragged out the tired talking point that this kid had other weapons so tougher gun laws are useless.

• Love 12
(edited)

You cannot own a gun in England so that is why the second amendment was created.   That is why everyone came here (Eye roll).They wanted guns. Is no one hearing what scrappy, hungry Meggie is saying?  To her is is all about guns. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I did want more of the shooting topic. Mental illness is one thing, but why is that only reserved for white males? If a Muslim did something, laws would be passed. An immigrant? A wall will be built. But a white male? It must be mental illness.

Or in MM’s case it was because a girl rejected him.  He reportedly killed a girl who had rejected him,  but by all accounts that was not his motive.   He had a history posting violent and disturbing things and called  himself a born killer.    I was offended that she over simplified his motive to not being able to deal with rejection.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, backformore said:

In the US, which is supposed to be the more modern, forward thinking, diverse country, Black people are being reported, harassed, and arrested (and even shot) for: entering their own apartment, having a picnic in the park, sitting at a coffeeshop, napping in a dorm, checking out of a bed and breakfast, holding a phone, etc. 

And in the "traditional, uptight" country, England,  a biracial woman joining the Royal family, is welcomed and celebrated,  while America watches.  

So Megan can talk to her oil paintings of the founding fathers, while the rest of us wish our country wasn't in the hands of racists and fools. 

I didn't watch the wedding and tried to avoid all news about it. I've only been alive for the William one,  (I suppose Charles' second marriage too, but I don't think anyone made a big deal over that) and I avoided all mention of that as well. Including the baby news. To quote Joy, "who cares, so what?" is pretty much my feelings about it. (I'm black too, so it's not like I didn't see a significance about it.) It just doesn't interest me.

If Meghan had just said, "I don't really care about it, but my mom had a great time by having a party. Take a look at the pictures from it. Gosh, so embarrassing." That would have been fine and I don't think she would have gotten any flak for it. But I think she tried to make a joke (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here) by mentioning the founding fathers. That's was a little over the top and made her sound incredibly naive and nationalistic.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, backformore said:

I do want to interject something while I agree with a majority of this the "traditional and uptoght" country, England actually hasn't been so warm and welcoming. Meghan has been attacked unjustly in their press. Articles claiming she's ghetto and out of compton appeared. At one point Harry actually had to pen a letter to the media to stop being so racist. They also were victims of a hate crime, when someone upset that he was marrying a bi racial woman sent them a powdered substance, which thankfully turned out to be non toxic. The English media has covered how hidden racism has come out since their engangement. 

I just wanted to say that Meghan has had to deal with racism there as well. I didn't want to take away her strength that she has displayed having to deal with it in England as well.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I didn't watch the wedding and tried to avoid all news about it. I've only been alive for the William one,  (I suppose Charles' second marriage too, but I don't think anyone made a big deal over that) and I avoided all mention of that as well. Including the baby news. To quote Joy, "who cares, so what?" is pretty much my feelings about it. (I'm black too, so it's not like I didn't see a significance about it.) It just doesn't interest me.

Baby news?  are you referring to the internet rumors that Meghan Markle is already pregnant?  I don't think that' "news", it's a rumor. 

30 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

If Meghan had just said, "I don't really care about it, but my mom had a great time by having a party. Take a look at the pictures from it. Gosh, so embarrassing." That would have been fine and I don't think she would have gotten any flak for it. But I think she tried to make a joke (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here) by mentioning the founding fathers. That's was a little over the top and made her sound incredibly naive and nationalistic

Yeah, and  her photos, of the oil paintings, were already cued up to show.  It's a real stretch to tie in her "founding fathers"  paintings to the wedding, it was just about deflecting the topic from anything to MM.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Baby news?  are you referring to the internet rumors that Meghan Markle is already pregnant?  I don't think that' "news", it's a rumor.

I meant when William and Kate had their children. I avoided the news about that as well.

(edited)

What I didn't understand is why Meghan so rudely interrupted Joy when Joy began to read the Malcolm Gladwell quote.  The whole quote basically said everything that Meghan claimed she wanted to hear, but since it came out of Joy's mouth I guess Meghan dismissed it as an attack from her enemy.  My impression of the quote was that Gladwell was saying that the gun violence issue is multilayered and needs to be addressed on many different levels.  How is this trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment? How is this not leaving open room for discussing the role of mental illness in school shootings? I really liked what Joy had to say because I thought it was a really appropriate and open-minded view of the issue.  Meghan should really talk to a therapist so she could learn to stop being so defensive while at work.  Her job is to discuss controversial issues and if she's always rearing for a fight with her coworkers even when one is not trying to be had it'll just wear her out and drive everyone around her crazy.

I think this is the M Gladwell article Joy referenced

. . . and Meghan rudely dismissed. After Columbine, things changed. Those shooters wrote the "cultural script" and set the threshold. I'm sure Meghan would have a hard time understanding the writer's point. 

Unless it's written out for her, she doesn't understand a damn thing; then again, she was "a child" when Columbine happened, so how is she expected to know?

Also, this is not really an excuse. Meghan was born in October of 1984 according to Wikipedia, which means she would have been in either 8th or 9th grade at the time of Columbine.  I am just a year older than her and I was a sophomore at the time of the shooting.  It was serious and real and had a very heavy impact on my classmates and myself.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, piccadilly83 said:

Meghan should really talk to a therapist so she could learn to stop being so defensive while at work. 

Meghan should really talk to a therapist so she could learn to stop being so defensive while at work. 

You go, Sister ! ! ! !

• Love 9