Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 21
Mark Salter (co-author along with John McCain, “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations”) and Teddy Kunhardt (co-producer and director, “John McCain: For Whom the Bell Tolls”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 22
The Political View with former Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper (book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence”); a Broadway surprise

Wednesday, May 23
Michelle Wolf (“The Break with Michelle Wolf”); former “Bachelor” Arie Luyendyk Jr. and his fiancée, Lauren Burnham

Thursday, May 24
Snoop Dogg (“Snoop Presents The Joker’s Wild”; album, “Bible of Love”); Claire Shipman and Katty Kay (book, “The Confidence Code for Girls”)

Friday, May 25 (OAD: 4/17/18) 
Stormy Daniels, joined by her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, sits down with the co-hosts for her first live television interview; Andrew Morton (author, “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess”)

• Love 1

Please forgive the blasphemy, but what is it with this canonization of McCain? I doubt people would be doing this if he didn’t have cancer.?? Plus that HBO special pimping plugging-He’s still alive. I swear I don’t recall Ted Kennedy getting the same treatment.

I predict Meghan will sit there, preening and soaking in the praise as if she’s the famous one and not her father.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please forgive the blasphemy, but what is it with this canonization of McCain? I doubt people would be doing this if he didn’t have cancer.?? Plus that HBO special pimping plugging-He’s still alive. I swear I don’t recall Ted Kennedy getting the same treatment.

I predict Meghan will sit there, preening and soaking in the praise as if she’s the famous one and not her father.

No Ted Kennedy didn't get the same treatment.  But he didn't have a daughter on TV five days a week trying to make a name for herself.  Or more accurately trying to make her dad's name for herself.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

McCain also has a heroic back story. So that is a large part of his appeal. Kennedy, on the other hand, had the Chappequa accident following him around. 

I think you mean Chappaquiddick.  (Chappaqua, NY is where the Clintons live.)  But I understand what you're saying.  Ted Kennedy's long career in the Senate was always overshadowed by what happened that night.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think you mean Chappaquiddick.  (Chappaqua, NY is where the Clintons live.)  But I understand what you're saying.  Ted Kennedy's long career in the Senate was always overshadowed by what happened that night.

Yes that's it! Thanks for the correction 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

That sound you heard at 11:04 am EST was me rolling my eyes so hard at Meghan feeling weird about the Royal Wedding while having paintings of the Founding Fathers in her home.

Don't forget flags in every room.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

That sound you heard at 11:04 am EST was me rolling my eyes so hard at Meghan feeling weird about the Royal Wedding while having paintings of the Founding Fathers in her home.

OMG.  I'm going to have watch this myself.

• Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her patriotism is so over the top and nonsensical.

It's very bizarre. I understand patriotism but hers is on another level.

STOP THE PRESS! Kelly Clarkson owns more guns than Meghan!

*insert major eyeroll*

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I am so goddamn tired of MM saying that the media and liberals in particular want an out and out repeal of the 2nd Amendment.  SHE IS THE ONLY ONE SAYING THAT!  

I’m glad the other ladies put a stop to that. How many times do the ladies have to repeat to Meghan that nobody wants to repeal the Second Amendment?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

I am so goddamn tired of MM saying that the media and liberals in particular want an out and out repeal of the 2nd Amendment.  SHE IS THE ONLY ONE SAYING THAT!  

It is not just her. It is the talking point of her tribe, to distort, deflect and deny the facts.. They believe that the 2nd Amendment is absolute.. 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I understand patriotism but hers is on another level.

I don't think she believes in patriotism; but more in Nationalism, based on her words and "'splanations."

1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m glad the other ladies put a stop to that. How many times do the ladies have to repeat to Meghan that nobody wants to repeal the Second Amendment?

Did it work? Or did she just slurp and snap her neck?

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did it work? Or did she just slurp and snap her neck?

Of course it didn't work. She says, “I understand BUT…” as she proceeds to say something showing that she doesn’t understand.

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't think she believes in patriotism; but more in Nationalism, based on her words and "'splanations."

The funny part is that being nationalistic is a lot more tribal than being a patriot. 

I didn't watch the royal wedding because I didn't care about it. It's nice that Meghan loves her country, but it's a bit much...

I don't care about the interview about he who shall not be named. I'm sorry and I feel bad for his family, but can we stop talking about him on the show?

I did want more of the shooting topic. Mental illness is one thing, but why is that only reserved for white males? If a Muslim did something, laws would be passed. An immigrant? A wall will be built. But a white male? It must be mental illness.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 20

OK so I just watched the segment with Meghan explaining why she didn't watch the Royal Wedding and it was even more ridiculous than I thought.  So Meghan I guess thought it would be treason? disrespectful? to watch because we fought a war against England over 200 years ago?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

OK so I just watched the segment with Meghan explaining why she didn't watch the Royal Wedding and it was even more ridiculous than I thought.  So Meghan I guess thought it would be treason? disrespectful? to watch because we fought a war against England over 200 years ago?

Plus, England has been our strongest ally.  However, things have gotten tensed, due to you know who...

I was shock to see even Fox News covering the wedding and enjoying themselves...So, Megan is just a joyless person..

• Love 23
(edited)

Coming together as a country and not delving into this crap that we're at right now of divisiveness and not being able to speak together <unintelligible>, and you have to hate the other person and we have no decency and death jokes are acceptible and you can never apologize... that is not the McCain way. And it's never gonna be.

So says Meghan. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Meghan says divisiveness isn't the McCain way.  Then why does she keep being divisive? 

Meghan calls Joe Biden " Uncle Joe."  There. Done. She is not divisive. Ok? So all you liberals who want to repeal the 2nd amendment need to stop saying she's divisive.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Meghan calls Joe Biden " Uncle Joe."  There. Done. She is not divisive. Ok? So all you liberals who want to repeal the 2nd amendment need to stop saying she's divisive.

I would stop calling her divisive if she wouldn't literally turn her back on people like Dick Durbin. Senator Dick Durbin.  The man who holds the same title as her dad.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I think this is the M Gladwell article Joy referenced

. . . and Meghan rudely dismissed. After Columbine, things changed. Those shooters wrote the "cultural script" and set the threshold. I'm sure Meghan would have a hard time understanding the writer's point. 

Meghan was about to bash Malcolm Gladwell before they cut to break. Sorry they did that because I wanted to see her try to take him on. She apparently thinks she is on his intellectual level. Bwahaahahaha!

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

Meghan was about to bash Malcolm Gladwell before they cut to break. Sorry they did that because I wanted to see her try to take him on. She apparently thinks she is on his intellectual level. Bwahaahahaha!

She probably doesn't have a clue who he is or anything else he wrote.  Moron Meggie.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I think this is the M Gladwell article Joy referenced

. . . and Meghan rudely dismissed. After Columbine, things changed. Those shooters wrote the "cultural script" and set the threshold. I'm sure Meghan would have a hard time understanding the writer's point. 

Unless it's written out for her, she doesn't understand a damn thing; then again, she was "a child" when Columbine happened, so how is she expected to know?

17 minutes ago, backformore said:

?????

14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would stop calling her divisive if she wouldn't literally turn her back on people like Dick Durbin. Senator Dick Durbin.  The man who holds the same title as her dad.

Par for the course with this twat.

11 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

????

1 minute ago, Tosia said:

She probably doesn't have a clue who he is or anything else he wrote.  Moron Meggie.

Based on the above comments, I assume the real Meghan McCain returned? Gee, that was fast!????

• Love 12

Thank you Blondie, you nailed it. I'm an ole Texas gal who use to have guns, now in Georgia WITHOUT THEM. I changed my frigging mind after children in schools were being gunned down. I see that stuffed cabbage is back in her full flag waving fury. 

• Love 15
(edited)
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan you stupid twat.  Maybe Kelly Clarkson evolved on the subject of gun control because she had kids.  Or maybe she is just tired of all the dead kids.  Or maybe it doesn't matter.  Kelly is a human being that apparently can grow and change her views.  Unlike you who just double downs and doesn't offer up any solutions at all.

Man, she had the receipts too. She obviously went and immediately googled that info from obscure interviews from years ago. She didn't mention that Kelly owned those guns mainly because she was single and living alone in the middle of a big ranch in Texas and it was for protection. Not because she thought the government was going to be authoritarian and she needed to form a militia or whatever bullshit reason the NRA gives. Also it seems to her owning a gun means you can't be emotional when a gun massacre involving children happens and to not want it to stop. Suddenly that's hypocritical ?  Screw you Meghan. Apparently Kelly should have been like some of the other gun owners I've had the misfortune of encountering on Twitter where a hundred kids would be killed in a mass shooting and they still wouldn't want to change current gun laws.

And look I'm a practical person. Of course there are other solutions we should look into but I think maybe we can start with banning assault rifles? Yes if some nut wants to kill a whole bunch of people they will find another way but how about we at least take THAT off the table?

Oh and BTW Meghan owning paintings of Washington, Jefferson and Hamilton? I don't care if your the daughter of a senator, that's FUCKING WEIRD. Like did any normal person care that much about Hamilton before the musical to own a painting of him?!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 23
(edited)

From a RawStory piece:

“A lot of times it’s jumped to that, that’s the thing,” McCain said. “Not at this table, but other people, you know, in the media, it is jumped to automatically. I would also like to say, what is is about — I know we don’t want to talk about mental illness, but what is it about young boys in our culture who are rejected by girls, which is what happened in this specific situation, and your only option is to somehow go and commit a massacre at your school?”

Now that's a word salad even Bitsy or Palin would be proud of.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 15