Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On the bios, is it really so hard to get the vets' years right? And what in the sam hill is Yuko's occupation? Are there really that many Japanese kids doing pom dance in Dallas/Ft. Worth area (I know, it was probably her job back home, but couldn't they have at least come up with a better job title/description?) Why does their social media department struggle so much with such seemingly basic things?

Screenshot_2018-10-26-09-34-02.png

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Things seemed to be out of order. Usually after Kelli announces the team the girls go into their locker room. Why did they do it after  F&F?  Where did they get dressed for it? Valley Ranch? Right after the team is announced they do the squad photo which has been a tradition since 2005. Why didn't they show it?  This season has been worse than last year. I see the  squad picture is finally up on the DCC site.  Don't care for the girl's bios ( 3 facts only?)  Now it looks like all the other NFL cheerleaders sites.

If you go to Alexis cameo and scroll down she has a whole bio on her 

They need to do some rework on their roster site. If you click on Madeline’s  picture, Maddie’s picture pops up.  When you click on Maddie’s picture it has her tenure as two years. Well, mostly it has all the vets as 2nd year. 30 minutes tops of editing and they can clean this up.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

On the bios, is it really so hard to get the vets' years right? And what in the sam hill is Yuko's occupation? Are there really that many Japanese kids doing pom dance in Dallas/Ft. Worth area (I know, it was probably her job back home, but couldn't they have at least come up with a better job title/description?) Why does their social media department struggle so much with such seemingly basic things?

Screenshot_2018-10-26-09-34-02.png

I noticed that to Maddie’s says she is a two year Tasha and couple others 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I noticed that to Maddie’s says she is a two year Tasha and couple others 

Click on Madeline’s pic and enjoy Maddie’s picture.  They need better interns working on this.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Click on Madeline’s pic and enjoy Maddie’s picture.  They need better interns working on this.

Also if you click on Tess you get nothing....

Just now, Holly85 said:

I think they were in to big of a hurry to get it all up 

I agree which is just poor planning since they’ve had like two months to get it ready.  Every girl could have proofed her own stuff.  Then you just have the non-production site ready to go live with a few clicks of the mouse.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think they were in to big of a hurry to get it all up 

I've worked on websites. It's not that hard! They had all summer to work on the bios (& just toss the ones who are cut) & then a couple months into the season to "polish" before going live. You don't usually create the pages right before or as you are publishing them. You create everything, (SHOULD) double check to make sure info is create & all links work, THEN you publish/go live. One or two errors or a link not working correctly right away could be forgiven (we are all human, after all), but the DCC stuff continually shows excessively sloppy work. Not world class at all.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Agreed...they have many of the three year vets listed as two year vets as well.  And I still go WTF on Tasha's, Gabby's, and Hannah's cameo pictures....who picked out those shots??? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I've worked on websites. It's not that hard! They had all summer to work on the bios (& just toss the ones who are cut) & then a couple months into the season to "polish" before going live. You don't usually create the pages right before or as you are publishing them. You create everything, (SHOULD) double check to make sure info is create & all links work, THEN you publish/go live. One or two errors or a link not working correctly right away could be forgiven (we are all human, after all), but the DCC stuff continually shows excessively sloppy work. Not world class at all.

When the DCC had their own site, it was much better. There was so much more content and they did a better job of keeping it up to date. Now that they are under the Cowboys.com umbrella, the web team obviously treats the football team as the priority, which makes sense. Unfortunately it seems like the DCC portion of the site is an afterthought. It gives the impression that the DCC just aren't that important to the parent organization. Or that the DCC are famous enough that they don't really have to invest any effort. Updates are minimal beyond uploading small galleries, which takes little effort. The roster is the bare minimum you need to have for the squad. The images have been available to the team for months. There is no reason why it should be published as a slapdash haphazard mess.

Either there is a lack of content or lack of effort to make that content available. Or both. Most other teams' sites outshine the DCC (i.e. Colts, Vikings, and Seahawks). I'd be pretty embarrassed by that if I were Kelli and Charlotte. When you're outclassed by more than half the other teams in the league, you're doing something wrong.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

When the DCC had their own site, it was much better. There was so much more content and they did a better job of keeping it up to date. Now that they are under the Cowboys.com umbrella, the web team obviously treats the football team as the priority, which makes sense. Unfortunately it seems like the DCC portion of the site is an afterthought. It gives the impression that the DCC just aren't that important to the parent organization. Or that the DCC are famous enough that they don't really have to invest any effort. Updates are minimal beyond uploading small galleries, which takes little effort. The roster is the bare minimum you need to have for the squad. The images have been available to the team for months. There is no reason why it should be published as a slapdash haphazard mess.

Either there is a lack of content or lack of effort to make that content available. Or both. Most other teams' sites outshine the DCC (i.e. Colts, Vikings, and Seahawks). I'd be pretty embarrassed by that if I were Kelli and Charlotte. When you're outclassed by more than half the other teams in the league, you're doing something wrong.

Those sites are much better. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

RECESS  peanut butter cup???? Hhhmm, never heard of that one. Must be aTexas or DCC thing. ?

Screenshot_2018-10-26-10-14-20.png

This really bugs. This kind of thing emphasizes the stereotype that cheerleaders aren't very bright. Did they copy exactly what she wrote? Or did they not bother to proofread before publishing? Count my vote in column B.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, DCCme said:

No, they need some of the people on this board working on this.  You guys rock!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This really bugs. This kind of thing emphasizes the stereotype that cheerleaders aren't very bright. Did they copy exactly what she wrote? Or did they not bother to proofread before publishing? Count my vote in column B.

Either way, it should have been changed/fixed. If you are copying verbatim, go back & ask what they really meant (Reese's). And have more than one intern proofread everything. No need to publish such obvious errors. It's just embarassing.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3

Does anyone know or have a chart of the "Boot Buddy" match ups this year in TC?  Just curious.  Also, are they assigned "Bus Buddies"?

Edited by J-R
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

My guess is autofill/autocorrect made it "recess," hence choice "B" that they didn't bother to proofread.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

Lauren, KaShara and Heather 

Totally torn between Alexis and Heather, I know there was the confusion as to why Heather wasn't given a group leader or 2GL this year, but I think she's handled it beautifully and from what I've seen so far, has had a great season! I think she's awesome :) 

Edited by DocBrown
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:
Wonder how much longer it took to do the photo shoot to get all the pix with Lennon

Once they've got "THE" shot, they do a bunch of other ones, a funny shot, a shot with DCC staff, a shot with the photographer's team, probably a shot with the hair and makeup teams. One more with Lennon probably didn't add much time.

• Love 8

So was I the only one that rolled my eyes when they pulled Malena into the office?  Her "No, no, no, no, no, etc." was just so off putting.  I had to refrain from throwing my phone.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:
Wonder how much longer it took to do the photo shoot to get all the pix with Lennon

I have to say I find Cassie’s squad photo pic completely eye roll worthy. Usually it doesn’t bother me... I get it, Judy’s grandkid, carrying on tradition blah blah blah. I must be grumpy today, but I seriously rolled my eyes so hard when I saw this roll across my Instagram feed and thought “obnoxious, unfollow.” 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

So was I the only one that rolled my eyes when they pulled Malena into the office?  Her "No, no, no, no, no, etc." was just so off putting.  I had to refrain from throwing my phone.

She annoyed me from Day 1.  My annoyance grew as the season went on and by last night...GAG!

• Love 12
On 9/11/2018 at 9:45 PM, SmpIsimon said:

You can tell that Jessika is not one of the most respected dancers given her placement in the pyramid.  Connections might have kept her on the team (she should have been cut) but can't seem to move her up in the triangle.

I read somewhere that Nicole Bulcher, a 5 year vet never moved up in the triangle yet went to the Pro Bowl. Some people just don't care about where they are in the triangle as long as they're in it. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, FLAfan said:

I think I can sum up how I felt about this season.

#1 I forgot the last show was on tonight.

#2 When I realized it was now on I didn’t turn it on or watch it tonight. ☹️

I just finished watching it and deleted it. I will usually rewatch an episode and keep it for a while but not this year. I watched and deleted all episodes. I’m not sure why it wasn’t great for me this year but I think it had to do with a few girls that got all the focus and got some favoritism 

• Love 5

Okay.  Here's where I am now and from now on, I will leave all grid & diagrams to @Tootie, LOL.  It's nuts keeping up with this and I have a house to clean!  But mostly it was fun and my curiosity compelled me to do it.  

NOTES:  Those that remained a vote of only one name, I counted as "3".  Those that listed two names but listed more than one name for their 3rd choice, I only listed the first two.  Anyone who listed more than three names I didn't include because the rules stated pick three names only.  If you change to only three names, I can amend at some point.

I did my best to accurately record your votes but with all the listings buried in this thread, I may have missed some so feel free to let me know!

@sleepyjean - thanks for starting this.  It was fun to see how it landed. :o)

ETA:  Click on the forum user name spreadsheet for a larger view.

Favs Votes.jpg

Favs Grid v3.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

Lacey, Kashara, Tasha, Heather (sorry can't pick between Tasha and Heather!)

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I don't like the giant space between Yuko-Jessika and Lauren-Lexie.  The only nice thing I can say about it is that the space is at least fairly even on both sides.

Neither do I...nor the fact that the arm sleeves of Cianna and Jalyn blend making it look like Cianna has a super long arm.  This is the most awkwardly staged group photo they've had IMO.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I love the story, but she is rough around the edges for sure!!! She appears to be a bit desperate to me. Almost like her whole identity depends on her making the team.  She's always flipping her hair which is annoying. She would never make DCC!! She's too nervous acting, and Kelli would pick up on it right away.

Who are you talking about?

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Things seemed to be out of order. Usually after Kelli announces the team the girls go into their locker room. Why did they do it after  F&F?  Where did they get dressed for it? Valley Ranch?

I thought the same.

• Love 1

I've just been to look on the site for the bios/cameos and my god, there's not a lot of work gone into it. As someone who works in social media, marketing and journalism, they need to put more effort into this. You can have it all ready during training camp, have the bios and info written up and just send them live when they reveal the team. I'd love to know more about their backgrounds, their work and their dance history. I love the funny facts and favourites too: it makes them seem more 'normal'. I would gladly take over their social media/website for a small price! Free trip to Dallas from the UK? That would do me! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think TPTB thought it was a waste of money for the DCC to have their own site, so they fired the website people and incorporated the site into the Cowboys site. It’s awful.  All of the complaints are warranted. They had a dedicated person who did everything on the DCC and she was great. The site had a place for the girls to write stories and experiences (Jackie Bob’s were the best) and they got paid a small amount of $ to post stuff. 

What a colossal mistake.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

@sleepyjean - thanks for starting this.  It was fun to see how it landed. :o)

ETA:  Click on the forum user name spreadsheet for a larger view.

Favs Votes.jpg

Favs Grid v3.jpg

Thank you for going to the effort to tally it all, especially with all these rebels going rogue on the rules, LOL. It's really interesting to see how the votes break out

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Thank you for going to the effort to tally it all, especially with all these rebels going rogue on the rules, LOL. It's really interesting to see how the votes break out

No prob, it was a fun project while I had the time.  But as I stated in my post, if folks included more than three choices, I didn't include them.  I went by your specs. ;o)

ETA:  @sleepyjean:  what are your three choices, eh?!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3

RE: team picture.  I wonder what Christina did to be the only 2 yr vet put in a row with rookies.  Also Molly is in the same place as last year. The only other time I saw that was with Michelle Keys in the 2008 and 2009 pictures.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

RE: team picture.  I wonder what Christina did to be the only 2 yr vet put in a row with rookies.  Also Molly is in the same place as last year. The only other time I saw that was with Michelle Keys in the 2008 and 2009 pictures.

Some of you regular forum denizens blow me away with all the specs you maintain in your head bones!

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Like the saying goes ... if it ain't broke ... ;)

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Man. CMT needs to pay this focus group.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Isn’t vet Rachel right next to her?