Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina is not speaking to Kelli and is also not having anything to do with the DCC right now because she's extremely pissed at how her spawn was treated.  Her argument is that VK was willing to put herself out there in light of the promise that, at the end, she'd make the team.  But due to her rampant lies and weight gain, that was no longer an option.  So, in her mind, VK put herself out there to be ridiculed by the public (basically, us) and has nothing to show for it.  

Hey Tina, maybe she can sell the Barbie on eBay.  :-)

I wish the judges could see this behavior off the field. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Please. They know what they are signing up for. The show has been on for 13 seasons.

Has this "thyroid condition" been confirmed or another unsubstantiated rumor?

Same.

I think there are way too many folks saying  the same stuff to be just rumors anymore. As a person with a hormone disorder(Addison's disease) and health problems requiring me to be steroid dependent ( gives new meaning to weight gain). I went from 115-147 in three months. It was extremely difficult to get weight off( I lost  about 15 of it), but you should NEVER misrepresent having a health issue to garner sympathy for weight gain. Ugh. I'd love to know her behavior because that nonsense right there lost me!! 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Rookie headshots from Twitter. Some more successful than others.

Alanna and Amber

Alanna.jpg.45734c35ac2446a54f7b46813eb92a41.jpgAmber.jpg.6ae109b55c8354dcd0187de2ffb1f6a2.jpg

Ashlee and Brennan

Ashlee.jpg.c054e4fe9b7a7f95b50e56640ab1277f.jpgBrennan.jpg.3fe4b912335287b375b22b2b87266a03.jpg

Briana and Bridget

Briana.jpg.d960a1a23fd3a5a62e45d1225d77ebfd.jpgBridget.jpg.9f38a50f29643b88e3eb727f6bfed62c.jpg

Caroline and Cianna

Caroline.jpg.3c731f65716456e8b8cd8c1c4445b60f.jpgCianna.jpg.0bb776e3ccd91391df646e50bd04e40f.jpg

Daphne and Erin

Daphne.jpg.c62325475d1c5787ce24493171d5897b.jpgErin.jpg.d23aed157bdaa6191c5ecc60a96c957e.jpg

Gabby and Hannah

Gabby.jpg.9c280a74f16588f83f162b404290a807.jpgHannah.jpg.aba0412d5ba534b71bff6d31160e5f3b.jpg

Jalyn and Madeline

Jalyn.jpg.b56504b2f84617af5cc72cd93ccd0d97.jpg5b9ed83386742_MadelineMolloy.jpg.ac4b69d6e44ac9d2905f083f3221c8e4.jpg

Rachel and Taylor

5b9ed8358b0a3_RachelWyatt.jpg.d0bbbcbfa78035c70b260cb0d87b6d85.jpgTaylor.jpg.3fa8712111a72f45e65549aa6f0eaaaa.jpg

Blame the photographer! Even Rachel is prettier than this. Erin wins most photogenic 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Omg - so many of these are god awful!  Where to begin??

Amber’s boobs look like they are photo shopped on and very fake - it’s a headshot, and all I see is her odd boobs - that’s not good.

Caroline’s eyes look crossed and that face she is making is odd.  How is that her best pic?

Gabby desperately needs eyeliner!  You can’t ecen notice her eyes?  Just really bad photo.

Hannah looks like a mugshot of a stripper/hooker who just brutally murdered her pimp and several clients and is proud of it. 

Jaylen looks pissed.   Taylor looks frightened. 

Wow these are just bad photos.  Only positive is they managed to make Daphne look really pretty - like her weird fake teeth aren’t noticeable at good.  Cianna looks cute too. 

Cianna looks older than Kelli

• Love 1

I don't get why their "dreams" are so short sighted. Shouldn't the dream be a professional dancer - with being a DCC just a stepping stone towards that goal ?

I feel for the HS guidance counselor who meets with them with a fistful of post-HS options and all they say is " I just want to be a DCC". 

I think that is why I am drawn to those when asked to share their story, as they what they are doing or plan to do with their lives after DCC - which is at best a 7 yrs reign, right ? It doesn't have to be an elaborate plan, like finishing/starting a degree, going to medical or law school, but come in the door realizing your "dream" needs to be bigger. “

I don’t agree with this. It’s like saying your dream shouldn’t be to go to medical school, it should be to become a licensed physician. I have no problem with people setting short-term dreams/goals for themselves, it gives them something concrete and attainable to work toward. It’s not like the girls who make DCC then go on to live on the streets and become alcoholics when it’s over. DCC might prepare them for their next dream. And if they’re 18-25 years old and still figuring that out, that’s ok and actually pretty normal. I’ve met some former DCC. They’re very poised, hard working, and well put together. Working toward DCC probably helped them on their path to finding themselves. 

• Love 2

If you look at Caroline's headshot, the eyes remind me of Michelle Keyes.  Taylor reminds me of Michelle Mozek.  

1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t agree with this. It’s like saying your dream shouldn’t be to go to medical school, it should be to become a licensed physician. I have no problem with people setting short-term dreams/goals for themselves, it gives them something concrete and attainable to work toward. It’s not like the girls who make DCC then go on to live on the streets and become alcoholics when it’s over. DCC might prepare them for their next dream. And if they’re 18-25 years old and still figuring that out, that’s ok and actually pretty normal. I’ve met some former DCC. They’re very poised, hard working, and well put together. Working toward DCC probably helped them on their path to finding themselves. 

Exactly - what is so bad about being a pro cheerleader?  Maybe the dream isn't to be a pro dancer.  Maybe they want to continue to dance and perform while they are getting their degree.  Maybe they have a full time job that allows them the time off to be a DCC, and allows them the chance to blow off the stress, pressure, etc.  Maybe they enjoy travelling and being with their friends.  Maybe they have a supportive husband and child who let them follow a dream.  Many of the alumni give credit to the DCC for who they are today.

11 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I think there are way too many folks saying  the same stuff to be just rumors anymore. As a person with a hormone disorder(Addison's disease) and health problems requiring me to be steroid dependent ( gives new meaning to weight gain). I went from 115-147 in three months. It was extremely difficult to get weight off( I lost  about 15 of it), but you should NEVER misrepresent having a health issue to garner sympathy for weight gain. Ugh. I'd love to know her behavior because that nonsense right there lost me!! 

That's why I'm ticked if it's all true, cause I'm hypothyroid

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Cianna looks older than Kelli

If anyone ever watched the Sopranos, Cianna reminds me so much of the actress that played Christoper’s girlfriend Adrianna.  It’s like who I think of when I see   Maybe she doesn’t stand out as old looking to me cause of that ;).

In spite of Hannah’s photo looking like a murdering stripper mugshot, I actually think she looks pretty darn hot.   She actually looks like one of the most attractive ones out of those photos to me.   They just really did a poor job at capturing how pretty these girls are.  Even Rachel doesn’t look as good as she could and she’s extremely photogenic.   Smh. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I think there are way too many folks saying  the same stuff to be just rumors anymore.

Serious question: did we get the thyroid story from multiple sources? Or did one person post it and other people are repeating it like it's fact? I've lost track and can't tell.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Serious question: did we get the thyroid story from multiple sources? Or did one person post it and other people are repeating it like it's fact? I've lost track and can't tell.

Several.  And then today, two different posters mentioned Jinelle's involvement, which I think had been mentioned before.  Except for the part where she covered for VK, or at least that was news to me

• Love 3

Those cameos are awful. Whoever took those pics needs the camera shoved up his ass sideways. How do you make those beautiful ladies look like that?! ? 

Taylor looks like someone jumped out of the closet and scared her, poor Hannah!! Cianna looks 40 and Jessika looks like she will high kick you in the nose. Not cool.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Thats awesome!  I am way more not local, like half a country away, so that's still cool that you attend 3-4.  Do you go to any of the ones with special halftimes or just to the ones that you get tickets for?  Sorry about all the questions.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

We’ve seen the old breast cancer awareness halftime, the new one, the Halloween halftime a few times, and the Christmas half time. I’ve also been to games where they’ve had three of the cheerleaders sing the national anthem both at Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium. We also did the Thanksgiving Game once at Texas Stadium. It was AMAZING. We did the Thanksgiving lunch before the game at the old club right above the field. Jerry Jones came in and shook my hand and said hello. For the life of me I can’t remember who did the halftime performance... but I’m pretty sure that was the game it snowed. It was so flipping cold. We also went to the Dallas/Baltimore game which was the last game at Texas Stadium. They had a big show after the game which included the DCC and players past  and present. That game was the coldest I’ve ever been to. It was in the 20s and so windy. 

what does the DCC do, as a team, once football season is over - from late Jan (lets presume no divisional playoff and superbowl) until auditions start in May ?

Edited by sATL
50 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Wow, not impressed with any of these headshots. Hannah's looks like a mugshot 

Yeah these are not good. Madeline M & Rachel look ok, but they’re very photogenic I think. Hannah should sue somebody - yikes!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Some of these headshots are just awful.  How do you make Tasha look bad?  Although Rookie Rachel usually bores me to death, and her headshot is quite cute.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Those cameos are awful. Whoever took those pics needs the camera shoved up his ass sideways. How do you make those beautiful ladies look like that?! ? 

Taylor looks like someone jumped out of the closet and scared her, poor Hannah!! Cianna looks 40 and Jessika looks like she will high kick you in the nose. Not cool.

First the swimsuit shots and now these.  How do you make beautiful young women look varying degrees of old, lopsided, snarling, startled, and ordinary?

• Love 21

The headshots looked ok from far away, but up close....they are terrible. Gabby's picture is terrible, as is Hannah's. They would be better of using some selfies from the girls' IG accounts than these pics.

• Love 7

I suppose the cheese stands alone, I think several of the rookies, namely Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Madeline, Rachel (wow I can't believe how much she looks like one of my neighbors on this picture), and Taylor look awesome.

• Love 2

Seriously, most of the Twitter cameo pics are the worst I've ever seen.  Many look masculine, aged or in Tasha's sake,  a combo of aged and just plain sick.  I feel awful for these women.  They are beautiful ladies and deserve better. :-/

• Love 12
3 hours ago, DCCme said:

I love a project! If I googled the right Caroline, her dad is Jon and played in the NBA.  Her moms maiden name is Gilmore.  And there’s no wedding of record for her.  So...I’m guessing it’s her middle name because of some reason that hasn’t yet been shared with google. Or I just learned about some random Caroline Sundvold.

No, you found the right one! Incidentally, her younger sister is very pretty. I wonder if she dances too.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I seem to recall reading that the original cameo and team photo photographer retired, and his son is the photographer now?     I'm not sure that's correct, but the cameo pictures are terrible.  

It's not just the photographer, but the hair and makeup are not good.    

There must be a better photographer available.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Maybe Victoria lying about her weight/thyroid/doctor visit isn't a huge character flaw or a sign of immaturity. Maybe it's shame, embarrassment, or a similar emotion at gaining weight. In general we aren't kind to people who gain weight in our society regardless of the reason, and I can't imagine the pressure at home and from the DCC in general and how much shame there must be associated with that, as well. And I don't believe she has anything to be ashamed of. A girl that is as active as her who is inexplicably gaining weight - to me that's a symptom of some type of untreated and probably undiagnosed condition and not a character flaw. But I doubt it is treated that way and I doubt Victoria views it that way. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Seriously, most of the Twitter cameo pics are the worst I've ever seen.  Many look masculine, aged or in Tasha's sake,  a combo of aged and just plain sick.  I feel awful for these women.  They are beautiful ladies and deserve better. :-/

The photographer needs to be fired. Even the flawless Rachel W looks sickly and homily. 

• Love 2
On 9/13/2018 at 9:55 PM, FLAfan said:

OMG Victoria a tually said she was disappointed ahe didn’t make Show Group?

Is she kidding???

THAT made me laugh!!  Not to mention how immature she acted during that whole segment.  I don't care if VK HAS known Kelli her whole life.  In this situation, VK should have acted more professionally.  Where was the "yes, ma'am" that we hear with the other TCC and vets in Kelli's office?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

According to Anna Kate Sunvold's Twitter page, she does dance.  She's a Bruin Girl.

Hard to believe she's a High School Senior. She could pass for the same age as Caroline. Well, maybe we'll see her next year. Or maybe she'll go to college. It would be really interesting if her sister and Gina's sister both auditioned alongside Caroline and Gina next year.

Meanwhile, something about Cianna reminds me of Kat. I think it's the forehead and the smile.

Cianna.jpg.c4fc5f8674b6a987ff2d31e511efb729.jpg5b9ef825ef404_2015DCC_KatRogers.jpg.55602561a68c1ae341eb023088101829.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Maybe Victoria lying about her weight/thyroid/doctor visit isn't a huge character flaw or a sign of immaturity. Maybe it's shame, embarrassment, or a similar emotion at gaining weight. In general we aren't kind to people who gain weight in our society regardless of the reason, and I can't imagine the pressure at home and from the DCC in general and how much shame there must be associated with that, as well. And I don't believe she has anything to be ashamed of. A girl that is as active as her who is inexplicably gaining weight - to me that's a symptom of some type of untreated and probably undiagnosed condition and not a character flaw. But I doubt it is treated that way and I doubt Victoria views it that way. 

It also can be just general maturing and finally reaching a point where your matabolism is no longer that of a person who can eat whatever the hell you want all day long for the first time in your life.    It seems that hits everyone at a different time and hers may just have been now. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, cardsfan720 said:

THAT made me laugh!!  Not to mention how immature she acted during that whole segment.  I don't care if VK HAS known Kelli her whole life.  In this situation, VK should have acted more professionally.  Where was the "yes, ma'am" that we hear with the other TCC and vets in Kelli's office?

@ShellyB I know you probably can't comment, BUT VK thinking she had a chance to make show group is a wee bit delusional.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

It wasn't the one where Destiny's Child performed Lose my Breath and Soldier on Thanksgiving was it?????   I would have loooovvved to have been there! I love that one.   I hate to say this but the Turkey Day halftime shows these days kinda well, suck!

No because I’m 99% sure I remember watching that one on TV at my parents! 

Jalyn's looks awful.   The photographer at the DMV does a better job than this.  

I don't know exactly how to say this, but all of them have their breasts hoisted up to their necks, and higher than when Kelli knots their blouses. .     It looks like the staff pictures at Strippers-Are-Us.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 11

This photographer must have an "in" with Charlotte and/or Kelli.  They pictures have sucked ever since Holly was a rookie.  You'd think a "world-class" team would have a world-class photographer.  They might as well have pulled out an iPhone and snapped some photos.

• Love 10
On 9/13/2018 at 11:26 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

I rewinded to watch Judys quick smirk of disbelief when VK said she really wanted show group.    

Remember Highlights magazine and Goofus and Gallant?  Gallant says wow I am in disbelief that I made show group as a rookie TCC.  Goofus whines and pouts about not making show group and throws her messy looking hair extensions around in a tantrum like fashion. 

Really cannot wait to see how VK gets cut from training camp.    

As Kenny Banya said on Seinfeld-- this is Gold, Jerry! Gold! 

I LOVE the Goofus and Gallant reference!  You nailed it, @Rubyslippahz!  And Judy's flash of smirk?  Hilarious!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I like Hannah very much, but they did her a real disservice. She tends to look more mature than her years anyway. In this photo, she looks like a jaded divorcee who went out clubbing to get her groove back, got home at the crack of dawn, and had to drag herself out of bed and into uniform after only 2 hours of sleep. I feel like if the camera could pan out, you'd see a shot of whiskey in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

It looks like they photoshoped just her face and pasted it over Gina's cameo. Awful. 

Yes! That's what it is. Her head doesn't match. It seems oversized.

• Love 14