Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Speaking of the Metoo movement. I was watching the show with my boyfriend last night and he didn't know what it was! I was like what?? Ha. Granted he doesn't watch a lot of TV and he doesn't spend a lot of time on Facebook. That's where I get most of my news. 

1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

As a D.C. girl, I'm a Redskins gal (love watching the DCC but its in my DNA never to support the DC themselves ;) ) but even I cringe at this...

image.png.64a38a46a5fcd74ec20b19b0da4856b6.png

The R on the belt always  makes me think of Robin a la Batman and Robin.  That style of legging suits nobody and is deeply unflattering (not to mention it just invites the dreaded camel toe)  and the regular shorts are actually smaller thn the DCC, I swear.  yikes.

The uniforms with the little skirt are really cute.  I can't understand why anyone could think this is a good idea.

11 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Jaylyn?

Yes!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

its amazing how much more of the chest the shirt used to cover, pre-push up bra and changes to the cut!

21 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

its amazing how much more of the chest the shirt used to cover, pre-push up bra and changes to the cut!

I remember Judy when she was on the squad. I had a crush on her.

Edited by MrClean
The pic didn’t attach.
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lily80 said:

Not a fan of the uniform either. I dislike most of the NFL cheerleaders' uniforms. They look like glittery swimwear with boots. 

I agree.  I’m also not a fan of most the NFL cheer uniforms. I only like DCC and the Raiderettes.  The two most iconic.  Raiderettes have also had the same uniform for decades, with only minor changes to stay in fashion similar to DCC.

86A743A7-3793-4E9D-859D-1FC92BFF8D3E.jpeg

• Love 10
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The Dolphins cheerleader is Kayla, a former Dallas Stars Ice Girl and Dallas Sidekicks Dancer.  Most of the NFL cheerleaders have their bio/squad picture on their website except for the DCC.

I like the Raiderette uniforms . . .

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's her.

I remember watching that episode and the only word that came to mind was:  Vapid.  I mean, seriously, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that "don't tan before cameos" means "don't tan before cameos."

• Love 3

If Gabby is still on weight warning, I sure don't see it. She looks great....enviable even in this photo. If she is still on weight warning looking like this, I am boycotting this show. How much smaller could her legs possibly be???

Screenshot_20181008-013156_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Bri Lutrell has gone brunette. I like it.

I wish she would have made it! Brianna is pretty.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6
On 10/6/2018 at 1:22 PM, Christineelgene said:

My typing mistake on TG,  I took the initials from another post from someone who has better eyesight than I have.

“The obvious: KF-Kelli, JT-Judy, KC-Kitty, NF-Nick & MRS-Melissa.

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)”

Those are the initials of the group leaders. Amy Leonall, Lacey Munoz, Kashara Garrett and Madeline "Maddie" Massingill.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 1

To the best of my knowledge, we have not continually seen Charlotte praise Icky throughout the episodes, so I am going to say that's pure speculation until proven otherwise. Jay sure liked her because she is wild, messy and out there, and he was vocal about it. I am going to say this is a TK thing. Kelli exhausted every option so that TK can't say Icky was cut unfairly. But, when Mama thinks her spawn can do no wrong....there ya go. Let the catfight begin.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
On 10/5/2018 at 6:39 PM, WaterSpirit said:

Heather is perfect example of beautiful. I could see someone telling her to get her nose "fixed" (if memory serves it is not exactly perfect...) and her beauty is because she is all natural. (or at least I think so) I wish symmetry was not the definition of beauty...Jennifer Grey a perfect example of plastic surgery taking away from facial beauty.

Heather just gets prettier and prettier

I have to agree! I love Heather :) and think she's one of the prettiest ladies on the squad.

• Love 10
On 9/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, sleepyjean said:

Some (but not all) of the vets have new headshots on Twitter as well.

Amy and Heather

Amy.jpg.6e624727893dcf4590b216158ca00884.jpgHeather.jpg.86ac23a09dc7cf6f12358373aac4c5fa.jpg

Jessika and KaShara

Jessika.jpg.9ead28eb218ba8e0f2785c08b6927936.jpgKaShara.jpg.3f8d36ebe0b7635dcf036985f71bb541.jpg

Kelli and Khalyn

Kelli.jpg.c1238d74d55f54911e7df3c2a5a7f7b4.jpgKhalyn.jpg.bc760abc35298c0e57abb86e969ed9ba.jpg

Lacey and Maddie

Lacey.jpg.05f6724d945acc54c149d373e361a512.jpgMaddie.jpg.ba0686a7d4d2960fde0c50ee0b5766d9.jpg

Tasha and Tess

Tasha.jpg.2a5f6f8be4dada05046838a5400ecdd9.jpgTess.jpg.07ed196eca5588aa509a459c154e7a73.jpg

Yuko

Yuko.jpg.25c70a5304e85dd7736911f3f981187d.jpg

Wow! That doesn’t even look like Tasha! What in the world??

On 10/5/2018 at 11:51 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Tasha 's photo is straight up awful and is not at all a good representation of how she really looks. ITA, these photos are BAD.

I agree. Tasha’s photo looks nothing like her. Rachel’s photo is bad too. Both are beautiful women but these photos are not showing it. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

To the best of my knowledge, we have not continually seen Charlotte praise Icky throughout the episodes, so I am going to say that's pure speculation until proven otherwise. 

Yes, it’s hard to know how much Charlotte stops by to watch the cheerleaders through TC.

All we have is several episodes back - Charlotte icing out our hero, Scott the weatherman. 

We can only guess at the behind-the-scenes silliness that prejudiced Charlotte to her raptures over the Ick back at the start.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2018 at 12:53 AM, hannahbanana said:

Dang, is that Victoria's rib sticking out in that shot? It looks weird because, while not fat (normal world, not DCC world), she doesn't look thin enough to have ribs sticking out. It just looks strange to me.

I don't think it's a rib. I think it's just an illusion.

17 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

As a D.C. girl, I'm a Redskins gal (love watching the DCC but its in my DNA never to support the DC themselves ;) ) but even I cringe at this...

image.png.64a38a46a5fcd74ec20b19b0da4856b6.png

The R on the belt always  makes me think of Robin a la Batman and Robin.  That style of legging suits nobody and is deeply unflattering (not to mention it just invites the dreaded camel toe)  and the regular shorts are actually smaller thn the DCC, I swear.  yikes.

Same! 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:56 AM, Agent Gully said:

Jaylyn?

I was thinking Bridget.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pinknblue said:

Yes, it’s hard to know how much Charlotte stops by to watch the cheerleaders through TC.

All we have is several episodes back - Charlotte icing out our hero, Scott the weatherman. 

We can only guess at the behind-the-scenes silliness that prejudiced Charlotte to her raptures over the Ick back at the start.

Charlotte could be on the we want Victoria on the squad team, but with all the crap and problems going on with Victoria, she might have told Kelli to cut her due to the many problems related to Victoria. Charlotte has a lot more say so in who makes it to TC and on the squad than we know about. Plus the fact Charlotte may have been pushing for Victoria to make the squad behind the scenes, and we do not see every little thing that happens in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 10/6/2018 at 11:53 PM, hannahbanana said:

Dang, is that Victoria's rib sticking out in that shot? It looks weird because, while not fat (normal world, not DCC world), she doesn't look thin enough to have ribs sticking out. It just looks strange to me.

Perhaps she used performance makeup on her stomach to make it look like she had lost weight or to make herself look toned . . . it almost looks shadowed with makeup to me . . .  IMO

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gale215 said:

I agree. Tasha’s photo looks nothing like her. Rachel’s photo is bad too. Both are beautiful women but these photos are not showing it. 

I saw Amy L. on video and I have changed my mind on her. She is really cute! I think the issue is, she is not super photogenic. Maddie looks great. In the last episode, Maddie looked really pretty. Jessika looks like the camera lights are bothering her eyes and the photo of Heather is not her best.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gale215 said:

Terrible photographer. They look stiff and old. Get your s**t together Kelli.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

If Gabby is still on weight warning, I sure don't see it. She looks great....enviable even in this photo. If she is still on weight warning looking like this, I am boycotting this show. How much smaller could her legs possibly be???

Screenshot_20181008-013156_Chrome.jpg

I wish she would have made it! Brianna is pretty.

Love Brianna's look, brunette or blonde! i keep hoping she'll make it to TC one of these years.  i know she is close with tara and amber. 

10 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

i was at a local diner yesterday and they had big head shots up of the local high school cheerleading seniors and THOSE were 10000% times better than the DCC headshots this year.  The lighting, the girls' hair and make up...they all looked beautiful and im' thinking wtf this is a random high school not pro cheerleaders. 

• Love 5
On 10/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, SmpIsimon said:

You didn’t see it because they didn’t show it. That was my whole point. It was heavily edited to make VK look better than how she really behaved. 

She did lie, she said she was taking advantage of the resources "they went out of their way to provide" and she said yes. That appears to be a lie.

4 hours ago, Gale215 said:

Well they sure make sure their chests are spotlighted don't they?

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Yeah, I'm grossed out by all the neck bones. I know these ladies have to be super thin, but the photographer or Kelli could have instructed them to not hold their necks so stiffly that the bones stick out.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Screenshot_20181008-124139_Chrome.jpg

• Love 14
On 10/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, Christineelgene said:

A while back someone was looking for the photo of Judy with her hair in multiple braids.  Not sure if you found it,  but it could be this one.

81FD3C08-AD71-45FD-ABDE-DAE615436862.jpeg

Judy was a pretty girl and is still beautiful. 

• Love 11
On 9/23/2018 at 10:48 AM, ShellyB said:

Well, she only walked away from AZ because of the cost...not DCC, it wasn’t on her mind at the time. Her college fund would have been depleted in 1 year and we would still be adding to the pot. 

I’m offended at the assumption that the girls forgo an education for DCC. Probably very true 15+ years ago. But the last few years, a majority of the team has either been currently attending or had already graduated. This year is the most degreed squad yet. Only a couple are still working towards degrees. 

I realize I'm chiming in on a conversation that took place a couple weeks ago so I apologize because I am behind on reading the thread and trying to get caught up. However I just wanted to back up Shelly's comment about Victoria, Dayton and any other students who are taking or did take dual credit classes in high school.  Those students very definitely have an educational plan for their future. When high school students graduate with 15 to 30 credit hours in college they have worked really hard to get those credits. Most dual credit classes require a certain GPA or an exit test in order for students to earn the credits. Those classes are also much more rigorous than traditional high school classes and they are taught by the most qualified teachers in the schools.

Now high school students can graduate with a semester or even two semesters worth of college credits and it gives them a great deal of flexibility in their futures. If they're really on the ball they can graduate in three years, study abroad, or take a gap year and still graduate in four years or less.  My daughter  had many college credits before she graduated high school, so she was able to add on a minor and also study in the honors college at her school and still graduate in four years. 

I do think it's helpful for Shelley to come on here and add her personal comments and real world experience to the thread. Sometimes people make an assumption and then just run with it and before you know it it's been repeated so often that it comes off as fact when maybe it's really just someone's interpretation or opinion.

In regards to college and the DCC kudos to any of the ladies who can study full-time and do DCC. I do think the attitude toward schooling has changed in the last 10 to 15 years. Most of these ladies do have a plan for their future that doesn't involve just getting married or doing DCC. They might be more public with their plans are they might keep them private but they do have plans. For example I thought I read somewhere that Kashara  is wanting to go to occupational or physical therapy school. Generally your undergraduate credits will count for five years and then after that time you may have to retake some of or all of your courses that are required for admittance to graduate school.This is probably why she's only doing four years of DCC instead of five. The same for Cersten who was very upfront about wanting to go to medical school. There is a window of opportunity where they can apply within a certain time after graduating from undergraduate school. 

It seems like a lot of the ladies now are trying to get their undergraduate degree and then do DCC in between undergraduate school and whatever else they have planned for their future. 

It does seem to me like being a DCC has become more of a full-time job  than it ever has been between the long rehearsals, extra work outs,  appearances, games, extra practices, working with new DCC, holding extra positions like group leader or assistant group leader, and travel. I don't really know how anyone does all that plus hold down a full-time job.

Regardless I think we should understand that all the girls have their own plans and it's not really up to us what they do and in what order they do the things in their lives . 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

This was my point, though. Charlotte doesn’t need to be at every practice. You don’t think Kelli remembers that, too? It’s got to be in the back of her mind that this whole organization knows and likes this girl. 

On 10/5/2018 at 6:39 PM, WaterSpirit said:

Heather is perfect example of beautiful. I could see someone telling her to get her nose "fixed" (if memory serves it is not exactly perfect...) and her beauty is because she is all natural. (or at least I think so) I wish symmetry was not the definition of beauty...Jennifer Grey a perfect example of plastic surgery taking away from facial beauty.

Heather just gets prettier and prettier

Long time reader....I keep looking at Heather, and I really think she had her nose done. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Gale215 said:

Khalid is gorgeous!

Christina currently dating former DCC Mandy's ex-fiance makes me nervous. I don't believe there was overlap, but I still find it messy. I was watching season 11, and they showed a quick shot of Christina and Mandy sitting next to each other during Kelli's speech at auditions. I thought it was funny!!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, HollyFried said:

Christina currently dating former DCC Mandy's ex-fiance makes me nervous. I don't believe there was overlap, but I still find it messy. I was watching season 11, and they showed a quick shot of Christina and Mandy sitting next to each other during Kelli's speech at auditions. I thought it was funny!!

They started to date after he and Mandy broke up.  Mandy lives on the West Coast.  I'm sure it's happened with other gals on the squad.  If you run in the same circles, it's bound to happen.

• Love 3

I like the uniforms of the Patriot's cheerleaders and the Cardinal's cheerleaders. Love the red, white and blue of the Patriot's uniforms; and am sucker for the tasseled skirts. The Cardinal cheerleaders have a nice, simple color scheme. Both teams have the bloused tops, which I also like a lot.  Just like the DCC.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

I like the uniforms of the Patriot's cheerleaders and the Cardinal's cheerleaders. Love the red, white and blue of the Patriot's uniforms; and am sucker for the tasseled skirts. The Cardinal cheerleaders have a nice, simple color scheme. Both teams have the bloused tops, which I also like a lot.  Just like the DCC.

1.jpg

Those fringe skirts are new this year. They also have sheer skirts and shorts. I don't really get it. If you're going to have alternate uniforms, why not get something that has a different look. Like maybe have a red uni and a white uni. They also have collegiate-looking unis. I don't particularly care for those.

I think the DCC are one of the few teams that has one signature uniform they wear all the time. Everyone else has branched out. The only other squad I can think of are the Raiderettes.

Now that I think about it, I remember reading that the DCC wore blue skirts for a hot minute, but those went over like a lead balloon.

2018 Patriots_Melinda Carraher.jpg2018 Patriots_Morgan Dzicek.jpg2018 Patriots_Vanessa Fatizzo2.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Late night random thoughs while waiting for the benadryl to kick in...all the NFL cheerleading squads never get game time/prime time coverage. I live for football season and the tv crews never purposefully pan the cameras on the cheerleaders during the game. The tv viewers dont even get quick peaks at half time performances because the stations have to go to comercial. Im a Pats fan and trust me I say the mascot, and musket squad gets shown on tv way more than the cheerleaders. I have the NFL RedZone etc so I see a lot of games. I puposefully watch the Cowboys hoping to see the Cheerleaders. Nope, zilch for coverage. The DCC get more tv time from the CMT show. And funny thing, TCC candidates all end up getting way more screen time than what the final squad gets in real life. 

• Love 14

Not to intentionally bring it back to VK discussion but I've got some curiosity. I'm in the minority and would like to see her come back. However, even though I might sound judgey --  her smile bothers me since her teeth project and she shows her gums. No big deal for every day life -- but don't they have braces to fix that sort of thing when a kid is younger? I guess I'm just surprised Tina didn't bring in a major orthodontist? Or can that not be fixed?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Not to intentionally bring it back to VK discussion but I've got some curiosity. I'm in the minority and would like to see her come back. However, even though I might sound judgey --  her smile bothers me since her teeth project and she shows her gums. No big deal for every day life -- but don't they have braces to fix that sort of thing when a kid is younger? I guess I'm just surprised Tina didn't bring in a major orthodontist? Or can that not be fixed?

She has a beautiful smile here.  Maybe she isn't self conscious and it's a more natural smile - not "posed" ???  I mean, the girl is gorgeous when she is allowed to be herself if that makes sense.  The makeup is more subtle, not so heavy.

Or this one with all three daughters.  They all look great here.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

There are a number of things that cause gummy smiles, and some of the fixes require both surgery and orthodontics. None (except maybe veneers (but small teeth are not her problem) & the botox injections (although temporary & must be repeated) if her lip is the problem) are easy or quick fixes, so unless she's really bothered by it, it's not worth fixing. It's also considered cosmetic in most cases & therefore not likely to be covered by insurance, so major $$$.

https://www.moonortho.com/causes-gummy-smile-can-fixed/

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2