Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

CMT is torturing us. 

Pretty much. I'm sure they are already gearing up for the story line. "VICTORIA - The legency come back girl, ready to show them all she can handle the pressure!"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I know they had vets evaluate them, but I don’t know all their initials. Were there other choreographers as well?   Are there other screenshots of the entire board. I watched it on my iPad and it’s hard to see them all.

I remember older seasons more than I remember episodes from a month ago.

I think the other stickers are for the group leaders - Amy, Kashara, Lacey and Maddie. Do all the initials match up with last names?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, gingersnapped said:

I think the other stickers are for the group leaders - Amy, Kashara, Lacey and Maddie. Do all the initials match up with last names?

LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

Lacey Munoz

KaShara Garrett

Madeline Massengill

I do believe you are correct :) 

• Love 2

I was disappointed in the VK office scene, it was obviously edited. Kelli lead up to with her line about not wanting to accuse anyone of dishonesty, then nothing about dishonesty was brought up. I was expecting them to confront her with a lie, not just ask why she wasn't responding to texts. It's obvious more happened and the cut part of the conversation out.

• Love 11

Here’s what I think:

1. Kelli wanted VK on the team but didn’t promise her a spot 

2. Her weight gain is an issue and obvious

3. Her dancing is out of control 

4. She did lie and it was discussed but edited out

5. I don’t think VK tattled on anyone 

6. She bombed media day  

I think all of that is what got her cut. Not just the lie or the weight. But all of it. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Here’s what I think:

6. She bombed media day  

I think all of that is what got her cut. Not just the lie or the weight. But all of it. 

I would agree with this. Or Kelli told her that as long as she performed well she would make the team, and she took it as a guarantee 

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, gingersnapped said:

I think you’ve figured it out.  Those are the group leader initials, plus Amy L.  Interesting that none of the GLs tagged VK.

• Love 11

So I’m trying to listen to the latest podcast and I find it impossible to listen to. I even tried fast forwarding through it, but it’s just too little substance for me.

I did hear Lacey say she will retire. Molly first said that she wanted two years and gone, but may change her mind.

I found them unable to coherently tell a story. I know other people like it, but maybe I expected a more professional podcast.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

I think you’ve figured it out.  Those are the group leader initials, plus Amy L.  Interesting that none of the GLs tagged VK.

No one tagged VK except Kitty, who also screamed that Kelli “should respect her” because of weight gain. Seeing now how NO ONE except Kitty gave VK a sticker absolutely shows that Kitty was determined to get VK a permanent spot on the team. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

No one tagged VK except Kitty, who also screamed that Kelli “should respect her” because of weight gain. Seeing now how NO ONE except Kitty gave VK a sticker absolutely shows that Kitty was determined to get VK a permanent spot on the team. 

I had no idea the group leaders had input into picking the team, outside of answering some questions about individual girls over the years. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, JerseyGirl said:

Is Kelli really going to put VK in a uniform next week for cameo day or are they going to ignore that she exists because she is overweight in the uniform?

I wondered about that as well.  I suspect they'll do it, but then not show her photo shoot.

• Love 17

I'm ticked, but I'm not sure who I'm ticked at.   Last night's episode said cameos, and other things that are next week's episode, and the calendar cover reveal was this week, not next week like the description says.      Except they had the media training on the right week.       I hate incompetence, and unless CMT swapped a lot of things between episodes, it's really strange that they aren't more accurate, unless they switched around to make us watch next week for the cuts.

I bet VK's cameo shot will show her from the shoulders up, and not full length, unless they are going to tie VK and Tara's cuts to the lard in the cameo pictures.

I wonder if the group leader initials are for the candidates they want in their group?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

During VK's meeting when she said the worst thing that could happen is that she goes home, then Kelli said "I'm prepared for that, and you should be too", you can literally see in VK's face that was the moment she was like fuck, I guess I'm not guaranteed a spot. 

Her whole face dropped when Kelli said this to her.   Smile and attitude were gone with a quickness.  I also wonder when VK is watching the show each week if she realizes how silly she looks.  I hope she’s uses this to come back with a better attitude and more maturity.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

When Victoria said, “I don’t like the position I am in,” I thought it was an odd response to what had been said prior in the conversation. I thought, “Well, you put yourself in the situation!” But Kelli didn’t respond to it. Not in the way I thought she would. So yeah, editing.  

Maybe she said that about her spot in the triangle. Or maybe she meant she didn't like that there were 36 final girls and her place was 38th or something. I would guess editing here.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Yeah that’s likely to me. 

Seems more likely than some of the other rumors going around.   

7 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

Her whole face dropped when Kelli said this to her.   Smile and attitude were gone with a quickness.  I also wonder when VK is watching the show each week if she realizes how silly she looks.  I hope she’s uses this to come back with a better attitude and more maturity.

I really like Victoria.  I think with a little time, she will be fine as a DCC.  She is very pretty, she is a talented dancer, and while she did pick up weight, she is NOT fat by any standard.  I would give my eye teeth for her body. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Kayce said:

LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

Lacey Munoz

KaShara Garrett

Madeline Massengill

I do believe you are correct :) 

I am a bit behind on the posts.  Where can I find the pics with the stickers you are referencing?  Thank you

30 minutes ago, rose711 said:

So I’m trying to listen to the latest podcast and I find it impossible to listen to. I even tried fast forwarding through it, but it’s just too little substance for me.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to write did anyone see that the guy with the beard is gone? Or was he just doing something else? And he still does their podcast? The guy who asked condescending questions, I can’t remember his name.

• Love 1
Just now, PBSLover said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to write did anyone see that the guy with the beard is gone? Or was he just doing something else? And he still does their podcast? The guy who asked condescending questions, I can’t remember his name.

Shannon.  He's still on the podcast but shaved his head.

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Shannon.  He's still on the podcast but shaved his head.

So beard and shaved head. Okay. I hope his questions have gotten better now that he's done changing his look!

Edited by PBSLover
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

oh  my god, WAY too many of those are god awful.  awful. If i was Hannah I'd insist on a new one, hell I'd pay for the damn thing myself. they've aged her twenty years. she looks like she came from an am-dram performance as a crone from MacBeth. jeeeez louise, and whille her's is among the worst, she's not alone in having a terrible shot. Caroline looks terrified, Brennan's is unflattering, Jalyn looks half asleep/half like she smelled something bad and its in need of fixing what I can only assume is terrible photoshop,  and Ambers is not her best. a professional took that crap??
in terms of vets - Kelli is super cute, but her eyes are too small for such heavy lash extensions/full strip lashes, whichever it is she's using. its closing her eyes dow even more, making them look even smaller.  Khalyn looks stunning.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

The obvious: KF-Kelli, JT-Judy, KC-Kitty, NF-Nick & MRS-Melissa.

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

The circled numbers are the years they've been on the team, but what is the "B" for?  Lacey, Gina, Victoria and Kristen have them...  (ETA:  B stands for "Barbie!", duh!  lol)

Victoria ONLY has one sticker --- from Kitty

Kristen also has a sticker from Kitty!!    Kitty has been riding Kristen's ass lately: "Everyone here is beautiful, you can't make it on looks alone!!"  wtf?

Tara looks really good in her audition photo,   annnnd.....

Hannah looks GREAT in her audition photo!!!!  (They should've let her do her own makeup for cameos!)

2018-10-05 (16).pngWOW

WOW, This is very telling of why Tara was cut.  I am so surprised she only has three stickers. She didn't get one from KF/KC nor her group leader? Very telling indeed.  

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, Kayce said:

I enjoy watching Kelli dance! I know people say she looks "older" than the others...but I think she's pretty.  She has a unique look :) She's also a rock star dancer....I hope she stays for at least another year!

I totally agree!!  I think Kelli's very pretty!!  And hell yes, she is absolutely a rock star dancer!!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Here’s what I think:

6. She bombed media day  

I agree w/ this - I still like her dancing though, and I think it it weren’t for #2 and #6 she would have made the team.  But a weight risk AND “can’t be anywhere near a microphone” as Keli so put it, no way...and the Jinelle stuff certainly didn’t help.

She just flat out wasn’t ready for multiple reasons.  She’s not the first young TCC that wasn’t ready for the squard her first year and it’s up to her if she wants to work hard and improve and try again or not.

I wonder how she’d work on getting better for media training?   It seemed like her issue wasn’t not knowing things, but articulating things properly or just coming up with the right things to say - maybe a class she can take at school or something.   Who knows.   That actually might be harder to fix than her weight when you think about it. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think what VK was trying to say, and it actually made me sympathize with her a little, was that "I'm very sensitive to stuff involving weight, and it's hard to be in a position where that's such a big part of the conversation."

Nope, I don't believe for one minute that that is what she meant to say.

• Love 7
On 10/3/2018 at 12:16 AM, MyFavShows said:

Ehh...you could see the squinchy face just a little in that.  She had a cute figure though.

Kelsey is so pretty - she was one of my all time favorites.     Loved her personality - so genuine.

Which one is Kelsey ? Sorry, I'm just blank!!

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Maybe because of her "attitute" or "grandma moses" or [insert other irritating and irrational Kitty phrase here]. (lol)

Which is strange because in the beginning of the episode, she mentions "I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty." 

That was before the office meeting. During that, she tells VK she’s concerned w/her communication and honesty. So I’m guessing she found the dishonest one—although they didn’t show it. 

2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I was disappointed in the VK office scene, it was obviously edited. Kelli lead up to with her line about not wanting to accuse anyone of dishonesty, then nothing about dishonesty was brought up. I was expecting them to confront her with a lie, not just ask why she wasn't responding to texts. It's obvious more happened and the cut part of the conversation out.

Yes, edited out. Dammit!  I wanted to see it all. ☕️

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, you can see the tears in Jinelle's eyes when she turns back after telling Victoria "it's okay" toward the end of the segment.  Then after a quick cut, Jinelle's eyes are dry again.  Heavily, heavily edited.

Also Vicky peeking back in and "apologizing " to Jinelle....  well, she was TOLD to do that by Kelli's assistant

Edited by DancingForLife
No 's needed
  • Love 11
43 minutes ago, jlc said:

Nope, I don't believe for one minute that that is what she meant to say.

I was thinking something along the lines of I don't like being accused.  I'm supposedly wrong.  I'm getting the blame.  I'm the bad guy.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was thinking something along the lines of I don't like being accused.  I'm supposedly wrong.  I'm getting the blame.  I'm the bad guy.  

The comments didn’t make sense from one person to the next.

When tough conversations were had with Holly and Jenna and even Meaghan Flaherty, there might have been editing but there was a back and forth. In last night’s meeting with VK, I felt like there were things said that didn’t make sense. I didn’t think of editing at the time but that is what I think now. We (this board) don’t usually do this kind of back and forth about what someone meant in their meeting with K&J. This one confused me.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Lmr29 said:

Wait Savannah has vaneers?

Heather is perfect example of beautiful. I could see someone telling her to get her nose "fixed" (if memory serves it is not exactly perfect...) and her beauty is because she is all natural. (or at least I think so) I wish symmetry was not the definition of beauty...Jennifer Grey a perfect example of plastic surgery taking away from facial beauty.

Heather just gets prettier and prettier

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

The comments didn’t make sense from one person to the next.

When tough conversations were had with Holly and Jenna and even Meaghan Flaherty, there might have been editing but there was a back and forth. In last night’s meeting with VK, I felt like there were things said that didn’t make sense. I didn’t think of editing at the time but that is what I think now. We don’t usually do this kind of back and forth about what someone meant in their meeting with K&J. This one confused me.

It makes it easier to believe a lot of the rumors cause they had to do a heavy duty editing job to form that scene.  But then again, the scene with Kristin last week was kind of disjointed as well.

As for the whole "72" thing, it just reminds me of the times Kelli has tried to say that this is the final team and the girls are just staring at her.  

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Retired Dancer said:

First time poster here.....I've watched the show since the first season and consider myself a huge DCC fan. However, these past two seasons I'm uncomfortable with the impossibly high expectations, confusing double-standards, and blatant unfairness imposed on the girls. Yes, we've seen many instances of this over the years, but this year it seems so much worse. It was heartbreaking to see Miranda in tears after the comments about her hair in last week's episode. And, I was sad for Taylor after she bombed at media day. IMO anything about #MeToo is a loaded question.....rather than trying to catch some poor girl in a bad spot, why not just give them media training? The DCC's expectations for these young women seem impossibly high. They are expected to be a phenomenal dancer trained in every style, maintain a perfect figure and gorgeous hair, skin, and nails at all times, be conversant in any and all news topics, and be paid next to nothing. Then, if lucky enough to make the squad one year, they have to keep all this up throughout their tenure. We've seen several vets who struggle terribly to keep it up. I wonder about the toll all of this takes on their mental health. Kelly's snarky attitude as edited can feel somewhat emotionally abusive. And, I can't take Kitty and her meanstreak anymore. Honestly, regarding their own personal appearance, neither one of them is a good ambassador for the organization. Kelly hasn't maintained her figure and needs a wardrobe stylist STAT. I can't even talk about Kitty's hair and the way she dresses. Take a look in the mirror ladies. Judy is the only one of the three that maintains herself and is aesthetically a good representative of the DCC look.

I wish I could like every single word of this 100 times.  I also worry about their mental emotional and mental health.  Girls are so sensitive about everything.  Having Kelli humiliate you on national TV will be something that you will remember the rest of your life.  It is so sad to me the way they treat these girls and they all have to walk on eggs 24/7.  I am sure everyone one of them are already worrying  if they will make the team again next year.  I wish Kelli and Kitty would build the girls up instead of being so mean and tearing them down just so CMT can get ratings.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 9

What a shame about Taylor T.  Kelli and Judy initially liked her for her dancing until the #Metoo comment.  I honestly cannot believe she does not have a TV.  Who doesn't have a tv in their home nowadays?  Thats really surprising.  But anyway, I hope she can redeem herself in next years panel interviews, because I am sure they will be watching her closely, or I do not see her coming back to TC.

• Love 3

Someone could have helped Taylor T with her news issues, and that could have given her more confidence for appearances.   She could have started with the topics media day covered.   She had the dance, the looks, and the personality, but needed some coaching, and that's a shame.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

think what VK was trying to say, and it actually made me sympathize with her a little, was that "I'm very sensitive to stuff involving weight, and it's hard to be in a position where that's such a big part of the conversation."

I very much agree.  For some reason, she smiles/laughs and fails to respond appropriately to situations that are unfavorable.  Maybe she was taught that--who knows?  I think she would benefit by taking something like (please don't laugh at me) a Dale Carnegie course.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I very much agree.  For some reason, she smiles/laughs and fails to respond appropriately to situations that are unfavorable.  Maybe she was taught that--who knows?  I think she would benefit by taking something like (please don't laugh at me) a Dale Carnegie course.  

VK in Dale Carnegie would be a hoot.  It might help her though.  She needs something to help her better respond to media questions so it would be good for that too. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Someone could have helped Taylor T with her news issues, and that could have given her more confidence for appearances.   She could have started with the topics media day covered.   She had the dance, the looks, and the personality, but needed some coaching, and that's a shame.  

I think she should have been better prepared and she got lucky with panel interviews and the finals test.  However, why can't she have a DCC alumni mentor her like you say, help her find reliable news sources, ask her questions, work on her interviews. etc.  Why can't the DCC organization take a young woman, who has everything else, and turn her into the complete package?  Why can't they help her grow and learn as they claim the DCC org does with young women?  And then, when she's proven herself to K&J, start going on appearances.  They have Charlotte, Kristi Scales, Meredith L, Brenda and yes I'm going to say it, Melissa R, to help with media training. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I agree with all of this but the last sentence...

• Love 11

Dale Carnegie, or Toastmasters could be very helpful for people like Taylor, since it would give her confidence, and teach her how to research topics for speeches.   I know people that found it very useful to do both of these, and say it really helped them.  

However, know-it-alls like VK don't take any correction or criticisms so she wouldn't last at Dale Carnegie or Toastmasters.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5