Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Ive been watching since season 1. This season has bummed me out. It really hasnt been exciting...maybe it doesnt really have to be exciting, but at least make it not boring. Ive been bored this season. Id rather see more of Erin and Brennan, and less legacy. The way kids are raised these days, 18 is too young. 

I think the youngest they should take candidates for auditions is 21. Most, but not all young adults that are 18 do not have enough life experience behind them. Furthermore, the NFL and InBev have had a multi billion $ partnership for a while. If the dancers and cheerleaders are either directly or indirectly promoting alcoholic beverages, they should be 21+.

17 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

One more absurdity (sorry, I'm just so annoyed with this show), when they had the previews for next week, we could see the photos with stickers.  For Victoria's photo, of the 6 or 7 people who were placing stickers (indicating who they thought should be on the team), ONLY ONE (Kitty) gave Victoria a sticker.  Okay, in light of that, why the hell is she still in training camp?

Just saw the sticker photos. I would feel awful if I only got one.

17 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

Definitely agree.  You could tell her eyes were a bit red and something more had happened.  Then all of a sudden they were clear.  Why did they show Dayton’s whole cut but edit VKs office visit down?  Wish they would include it in the deleted scenes. You could tell something happened because Kelli seemed mad. 

In the interest of fairness, Dayton should have been given some more time and Victoria should have gone home earlier. TPTB got it all bassackwards. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, you can see the tears in Jinelle's eyes when she turns back after telling Victoria "it's okay" toward the end of the segment.  Then after a quick cut, Jinelle's eyes are dry again.  Heavily, heavily edited.

So was VK's apology an afterthought on her part cause she said it as she was almost out the door.  This whole scene wasn't what I was expecting and that's probably cause I've heard about more than was shown.  But even if I hadn't had heard anything, I thought VK was snotty when she came in and dismissive of Jinelle.  Even Kelli reminded her of the resources that they went out of their way to give her and she didn't seem at all appreciative.  When she said she was leaning towards the ones who had had a weight problem, did Kelli even ask who she was referring to.

• Love 19
15 hours ago, Jennv said:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how they wanted that question answered. I can't imagine they want the cheerleaders posting #metoo on their twitter accounts

I think anything politically charged is a set up as far as questions go. No matter what the response, you will offend a portion of your fan base. Not a good idea.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I see pissed, but I 100% didn't see Jinelle as bitchy in that segment at all

She didn’t seem bitchy to me either.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can just see Judy running to her locker, grabbing her purse, grabbing her gym bag, her water bottle, and throwing them out the exit door...LOL!

This literally made me laugh out loud.  Depending on where you live, some may not get this but your comment made me think of the IKEA commercial where the woman says "Start the car!  START THE CAR!!!"

God this is funny. Thanks for the giggles.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

there was a beautiful candidate, fantastic dancer and gorgeous face. But she was 18, and not able to take care of herself and yet here she was trying to live in Dallas on her own. She had never been away from her parents, had never cooked a meal before, never had to rely on herself to make all her life decisions. I remember one interview she was so proud that she actually either boiled water or cooked an egg or something. She got cut. She couldn't handle living as an adult for the very first time in her life while trying to learn the routines, and practice time management. She wasnt even used to hearing constructive dance criticism. I dont think anyone had ever told her there were things to work on. I think she had only ever heard what a wonderful dancer she was.

I know this show by heart. I don’t remember this storyline of a TCC.

34 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

I think that was just last year. It was Brianna.

Damn. I don’t remember any of that.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

I think that was just last year. It was Brianna.

Was Brianna only last season? Jeez feels like it was at least 3 seasons ago. But yes, that poor girl was all proud of herself because she cooked spaghetti, i think? And it was the first time she had ever made herself food...

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I can't quote Tony Romo's wife (Kandace?) word for word, but when they were discussing Kelsey, she pretty much said, "who cares if she can dance-look at her!! " I have to agree ~she is absolutely gorgeous WITH an amazing personality!!  I love the fact that she can laugh at herself, and she does it alot!!  I wish that she had stayed longer!!

Kelli treated her like crap when she was in training camp. And she was lovely about it.

• Love 8

Sticker observations...

The obvious: KF-Kelli, JT-Judy, KC-Kitty, NF-Nick & MRS-Melissa.

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???  (ETA: these are all the group leaders' initials)

The circled numbers are the years they've been on the team, but what is the "B" for?  Lacey, Gina, Victoria and Kristen have them...  (ETA:  B stands for "Barbie!", duh!  lol)

Victoria ONLY has one sticker --- from Kitty

Kristen also has a sticker from Kitty!!    Kitty has been riding Kristen's ass lately: "Everyone here is beautiful, you can't make it on looks alone!!"  wtf?

Tara looks really good in her audition photo,   annnnd.....

Hannah looks GREAT in her audition photo!!!!  (They should've let her do her own makeup for cameos!)

2018-10-05 (16).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Was Brianna only last season? Jeez feels like it was at least 3 seasons ago. But yes, that poor girl was all proud of herself because she cooked spaghetti, i think? And it was the first time she had ever made herself food...

I think it was barbeque chicken and broccoli that Brianna made!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

The part I found most telling was the way VK kept cutting her eyes at Jinelle in a super bitchy way as she talked to Kelli.

I also couldn’t believe they didn’t comment on VK’s comment about jinelle not having a weight issue therefor not understanding (unless they did and edited it out). Like come on! If I was her boss and she said that to me (albeit her feeling that way is fair but still) I would have immediately said that is not the point! The point is we appointed jinelle to help you wth nutrition and fitness and you ignored the help. The kid gloves they use with her is ridiculous 

• Love 19

When Victoria said, “I don’t like the position I am in,” I thought it was an odd response to what had been said prior in the conversation. I thought, “Well, you put yourself in the situation!” But Kelli didn’t respond to it. Not in the way I thought she would. So yeah, editing.  

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

But, who are LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

The circled numbers are the years they've been on the team, but what is the "B" for?  Lacey, Gina, Victoria and Kristen have them...

Kristen also has a sticker from Kitty!!    Kitty has been riding Kristen's ass lately: "Everyone here is beautiful, you can't make it on looks alone!!"  wtf?

Hannah looks GREAT in her audition photo!!!!  (They should've let her do her own makeup for cameos!)

2018-10-05 (16).png

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

The circled numbers are the years they've been on the team, but what is the "B" for?  Lacey, Gina, Victoria and Kristen have them...

2018-10-05 (16).png

The b means barbies 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

2018-10-05 (16).png

Victoria looks the best I’ve seen her in that picture

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Kelli treated her like crap when she was in training camp. And she was lovely about it.

she used to give her the most ridiculous critiques -  crispy bacon anyone?  I loved Kelsey, I was rooting for her so hard. She's gorgeous, a fun perfomer and for someone dancing for such a short time, she was more than good enough.  plus she had a fun personality that came through in her dance,  part of why she waas a compelling performer, above and beyond those gorgeous eyes against that dark hair

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

2018-10-05 (16).png

Bridget has an extra yellow sticker that I do not see one anyone else, not even Lacey. AL?

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So was VK's apology an afterthought on her part cause she said it as she was almost out the door.  This whole scene wasn't what I was expecting and that's probably cause I've heard about more than was shown.  But even if I hadn't had heard anything, I thought VK was snotty when she came in and dismissive of Jinelle.  Even Kelli reminded her of the resources that they went out of their way to give her and she didn't seem at all appreciative.  When she said she was leaning towards the ones who had had a weight problem, did Kelli even ask who she was referring to.

VK is still not taking this seriously. It is all about her. When her name was called for the office visit, she walked away from everyone, while the other girls were hugging Taylor. That's telling.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

Bridget has an extra yellow sticker that I do not see one anyone else, not even Lacey. AL?

Did they run out of red stickers? It looks like both she and Lacey each have 6 stickers, but Bridget has 2 yellows and is missing a red.  Also, if B means Barbie, what does that mean?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Did they run out of red stickers? It looks like both she and Lacey each have 6 stickers, but Bridget has 2 yellows and is missing a red.  Also, if B means Barbie, what does that mean?

They received Barbies for having outstanding solo performances at Finals.

Edited by dizzystar
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

The part I found most telling was the way VK kept cutting her eyes at Jinelle in a super bitchy way as she talked to Kelli.

Yup, with that same smirk on her face as to when she spoke to the camera about Dayton's cut.

The girl has to go, and she better not show up next year! 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Sticker observations...

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)???

The circled numbers are the years they've been on the team, but what is the "B" for?  Lacey, Gina, Victoria and Kristen have them...  (ETA:  B stands for "Barbie!", duh!  lol)

2018-10-05 (16).png

I know they had vets evaluate them, but I don’t know all their initials. Were there other choreographers as well?   Are there other screenshots of the entire board. I watched it on my iPad and it’s hard to see them all.

I remember older seasons more than I remember episodes from a month ago.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I know this show by heart. I don’t remember this storyline of a TCC.

Damn. I don’t remember any of that.

She learned to make Broccoli.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

They received Barbies for having outstanding solo performances at Finals.

I don't think the Barbie's this year were based on outstanding performance.  I believe Christina once said she received a Barbie for most improved, or something like that.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I don't think the Barbie's this year were based on outstanding performance.  I believe Christina once said she received a Barbie for most improved, or something like that.

Yup, there are different categories like "Best Technical Performance", etc. I don't remember where I read that, and I definitely do not recall what they all were.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

It was for persistency

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rl27rl said:

I have to say I am agreement with many of you.  I find it so irritating that K couldn't bring herself to be as nasty as she is with other girls with VK.  I am completely put off and so disappointed.  Other TCC's have been cut for things like bad interview, bad and compromising social media pictures, bad memory, attitude, and lest we not forget weight gain!  This season by far has been the most hypocritical, two faced, wishy washy, and thoroughly disappointing in all the 13 seasons IMO.

Kelli was actually pretty nasty w/ VK - I’m not sure where everyone is getting on her for being too nice - she called her out for bad media training, being immature, the issues with blowing off Jinelle and told her she needed to prepare to be cut cause it was a real possibility.   VK was crying after the visit because of what was said to her.

I don’t see how outside of actually cutting her she could have been any more direct.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Kelli was actually pretty nasty w/ VK - I’m not sure where everyone is getting on her for being too nice 

What we are saying is that Kelli was too nice in the way they edited that scene.  Victoria was a bitch on wheels throughout that meeting (until the very end), so much so that she made Jinelle cry.  And we know from Kelli saying she had concerns with "honesty," that Victoria had got caught in a lie (which folks on here have confirmed).  Yet, NONE of that was shown.  That's what we're talking about -- not what Kelli said in the clip.  

• Love 19
56 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

How on earth did Kitty not give Jalyn a sticker?!? 

Ugghhh. I need some explanations!

Maybe because of her "attitute" or "grandma moses" or [insert other irritating and irrational Kitty phrase here]. (lol)

1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

What we are saying is that Kelli was too nice in the way they edited that scene.  Victoria was a bitch on wheels throughout that meeting (until the very end), so much so that she made Jinelle cry.  And we know from Kelli saying she had concerns with "honesty," that Victoria had got caught in a lie (which folks on here have confirmed).  Yet, NONE of that was shown.  That's what we're talking about -- not what Kelli said in the clip.  

Which is strange because in the beginning of the episode, she mentions "I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty." 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

she mentions "I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty." 

She is not accusing - she expects someone to step up and admit she was lying.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I like her to 

I think Bridget is adorable.  Hannah has become my favorite.  She is beautiful, well-spoken and an amazing dancer.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, KoKo said:

I'm sincerely not trying to be so critical of someone, but I'm just not a Brennan fan -never have been. I see her have "moments" that she dances well, but more often than not-meh.....definitely not a showstopper- I see her as a blender.  Something in her eyes esp. as this picture shows, is just not appealing.   She seems to be very well liked by DCC and obviously a huge following on this forum, so good for her! 

I have to admit, I had the same opinion of Erin in the beginning of this season, but she has totally proven me wrong!!  She is ON FIRE!!  I absolutely love seeing these girls come back  after being cut and just rock it!!  To me, it's hard to believe that it took Kelli and Hannah three-four times to finally get to training camp. I know that Hannah made show group this year as a rookie, but didn't Kelli also? They're both such strong, powerful dancers!! 

I think it's a travesty that they would allow the cameo picture of Hannah to pass through!! Hannah has such a striking yet very simple beauty (which I totally mean as a compliment).  She always seems to appear with such a sweet pleasant expression (not including the rookie pic that looked like a "mugshot" )~ how in the hell could they have conjured up such a look on her face?  

where can I see the cameo pictures ?  

1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

Yup, with that same smirk on her face as to when she spoke to the camera about Dayton's cut.

The girl has to go, and she better not show up next year! 

Oh you know she will be back next year. She legit has nothing else to live for. She's been polished (very loosely) for this since utero.

• Love 8