Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

Here is an article that talks about why the show left Ghost Rider/Robbie stuck in another dimension:

“He is trapped in another place,” Whedon revealed, “which usually means that he’s not dead.”

Executive producer Jeffrey Bell also weighed in on why they decided to end the show’s Ghost Rider story arc in the mid-season finale, saying, “[Ghost Rider is] a lot for 22 [episodes], especially with everything else that we like and care about on the show… It would feel like one flavor over a long period of time, but we’ve certainly left it open.” They added that “financial considerations” also impacted their decision to wrap Ghost Rider’s story by the fall finale.

http://www.cbr.com/agents-of-shield-eps-reveal-ghost-riders-status-why-his-arc-ended/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I only hope that Ghost Rider will get his own show far away from the dreadful talentless Whedon who clearly only got this gig due to nepotism.

I am not sure I would call it nepotism, and more like ABC wanted a Whedon to be the showrunner, and that was the best one available based on a tv show budget. Basically the Whedon equivalent of Senor Spielbergo.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 1
On 1/1/2017 at 5:49 PM, SimoneS said:

I only hope that Ghost Rider will get his own show far away from the dreadful talentless Whedon who clearly only got this gig due to nepotism.

Robbie does need his own show. I can understand that they didn't want to use Robbie too much because that would drive the CGI budget sky-high but what I hated was that they left him stuck, presumably in another dimension (or somewhere else- which I guess the writers/showrunners even don't know yet). And to make matters worse Robbie would be like the third character, left "somewhere else" alive on this show (the other two would be that Ford guy from Season 1 and Dr. Hall also from Season 1).  IMO, it would've been better if they just left Robbie in LA, I mean they can say that Mace is either going to look the other way because Robbie isn't an Inhuman and can't be controlled or say that Mace is going to have other SHIELD agents drop by to keep tabs on the guy. 

21 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am not sure I would call it nepotism, and more like ABC wanted a Whedon to be the showrunner, and that was the best one available based on a tv show budget. Basically the Whedon equivalent of Senor Spielbergo.

Well, Joss Whedon does have his name on this show but I don't think he is involved with it in any way (and if Joss Whedon was in charged I could see the guy killing off both Fitz and Simmons, by Season 3, because Joss Whedon loves to kill off  characters that are either in a really popular fanship and/or kill off popular characters that aren't the main focus of the show. I don't know if this is shock value kind of thing or maybe he does this so those characters/ships do not take over either the show/characters but I do know that this doesn't feel like a Whedon show.  I do feel like there have been some really crappy decisions made on this show. 

• Love 2
On 1/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, TVSpectator said:

Robbie does need his own show. I can understand that they didn't want to use Robbie too much because that would drive the CGI budget sky-high but what I hated was that they left him stuck, presumably in another dimension (or somewhere else- which I guess the writers/showrunners even don't know yet). And to make matters worse Robbie would be like the third character, left "somewhere else" alive on this show (the other two would be that Ford guy from Season 1 and Dr. Hall also from Season 1).  IMO, it would've been better if they just left Robbie in LA, I mean they can say that Mace is either going to look the other way because Robbie isn't an Inhuman and can't be controlled or say that Mace is going to have other SHIELD agents drop by to keep tabs on the guy. 

Well, Joss Whedon does have his name on this show but I don't think he is involved with it in any way (and if Joss Whedon was in charged I could see the guy killing off both Fitz and Simmons, by Season 3, because Joss Whedon loves to kill off  characters that are either in a really popular fanship and/or kill off popular characters that aren't the main focus of the show. I don't know if this is shock value kind of thing or maybe he does this so those characters/ships do not take over either the show/characters but I do know that this doesn't feel like a Whedon show.  I do feel like there have been some really crappy decisions made on this show. 

Yeah,  TVspec is right. Joss Whedon has NOTHING to do with AOS. He got it on the air,  and had a part in writing the pilot. That's quite literally the extent of it. This show is run by Jed Whedon and his wife,  Mo. I haven't loved all of their decisions,  but I give them major credit for making such an ambitious,  constantly-changing,  diverse superhero show. There are a lot of positives about this show that simply can't be said about the Netflix series ' or the movies - yet very few realize it. 

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 6
On 1/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, teenj12 said:

Yeah,  TVspec is right. Joss Whedon has NOTHING to do with AOS. He got it on the air,  and had a part in writing the pilot. That's quite literally the extent of it. This show is run by Jed Whedon and his wife,  Mo. I haven't loved all of their decisions,  but I give them major credit for making such an ambitious,  constantly-changing,  diverse superhero show. There are a lot of positives about this show that simply can't be said about the Netflix series ' or the movies - yet very few realize it. 

Sigh, I don't know about all of those "positive" things. It seems that they have the most diverse cast when it comes to superhero shows (which is a positive, yes, but it seems that creatively there are some pretty bad choices that were made by the writing staff) but I do feel like the writing is a bit lazy. 

Also, I originally came here to post this and it's about one of those "bad creative" decisions that I hated Season 3 for. It's an article saying that Hunter and Bobbi are not coming back (at least for this season and the way the ratings have been falling, they may never come back):

This is why it came as such a surprise that both characters were written out of the show in season three, after being disbarred from S.H.I.E.L.D. in exchange for their freedom. However, there was a sign of hope for fans, with both characters set to lead Marvel’s Most Wanted, before the spinoff was ultimately passed over by ABC. With the characters still existing in this world of S.H.I.E.L.D., fans are eager to see them return in some fashion – though that does not appear to be in the cards.

In speaking to EW, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen were asked about the possibility that viewers could see Bobbi and Hunter return again. While the mantra continues to be never say never, it seems quite unlikely. Tancharoen responded by saying, “One can only dream. That’s always on our minds,” which prompted the following response from Whedon, “Once an agent, always an agent, so it’s always out there in the ether. But right now we’re taking a breather.”

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-bobbi-hunter-not-returning/

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Sad news today, Bill Paxton has died at age 61:

We're told Paxton underwent heart surgery and had complications post-op and suffered a fatal stroke.

Bill Paxton has died ... TMZ has learned.

We're told the actor died suddenly Saturday due to complications from surgery.  

Paxton had a string of hits, including "Twister," "Titanic" and "Aliens."   He won an Emmy for "Hatfields and McCoys."  He was on a CBS series, "Training Day" at the time of his death.

The 61-year-old actor had 2 children and was married to Louise Newbury for 30 years.

The family says, "It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery."  The family accurately describes his "illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and flimmaker."  The family adds, "Bill's passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable."

http://www.tmz.com/#article/2017/02/26/bill-paxton-dead-dies/

Damn.  My heart goes out to the family.  I hope he rests in peace.:(

Bill was great on this show as evil, corrupt Agent John Garrett, and I was really hoping for the possibility of a return, if only in newly-created flashbacks or alternate universe appearances.  And now that's impossible.

RIP, Mr. Paxton.  Continue resting in pieces, Mr. Garrett.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 5

Marvel has confirmed that Inhumans will premeire on Tuesday, Sept 26th.  

It's going to be 8 episodes with a two-hour premiere so it'll wrap up before Thanksgiving.

I think this is good news for Shield as it can premeire in Dec and run repeat free up to the release of Avengers 3.  

• Love 1

Clark Gregg Remembers His Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Costar Bill Paxton: 'He Was like a Brother to Me'

“We just hit it off like old pals,” Gregg said about their time together. “I think he had that affect on a lot of people. We stayed friends. You say you want to stay close but this is a nomadic business and you hit it off and but may not see them again despite any promises.”

Paxton died due to complications from surgery, a family representative told PEOPLE on Sunday. He was 61.

Gregg says the actor was so serious about their friendship that he even surprised Gregg on set the season after he was done on the show. “He left the show after season 1 and I showed up for work next season and they said Bill is in your trailer,” says Gregg. “People don’t do that. That doesn’t happen. He ended up doing Training Day on the same lot and I’d get to work and they’d say Bill is in makeup he’s waiting for you. He was just the most incredible friend. He would come by all the time and we would just hang out.”

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/27/2017 at 7:20 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So strange that they had Garrett's last episode on CW last night.

Was that a tribute to Bill Paxton or something? I am just asking because I thought that it was weird that AoS aired on the CW (out of all of the other networks). 

Edited by TVSpectator
1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

Was that a tribute to Bill Paxton or something? I am just asking because I thought that it was weird that AoS aired on the CW (out of all of the other networks). 

I will assume that the local CW station has the AoS syndication rights. Unlike the big 4 broadcast networks the CW doesn't broadcast seven days a week. In my area and ex UPN station, before the merger with the WB made the CW network, has the AoS syndication rights 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

I will assume that the local CW station has the AoS syndication rights. Unlike the big 4 broadcast networks the CW doesn't broadcast seven days a week. In my area and ex UPN station, before the merger with the WB made the CW network, has the AoS syndication rights 

In my market, the My Network TV (formerly UPN) affiliate airs Shield repeats two hours on Tue & Thu from 8-10 and Sat from 10-11.  The Tue/Thu episodes air on the same track and the Sat ep on another.   

I've been recording the Sat airings and I theyve showing airing the Garrett arc the lasy few weeks so that airing being the final Paxton episode was pure coincidence. 

• Love 2

Okay, so it seems that they are running these small promos for the upcoming arch titled, "________ regret(s)s" and here are some (fyi: they haven't done  a separate one for Simmons, yet but if they do I will post it here):

This one is for Fitz:

Mack's:

May's:

Coulson's:

Daisy's

Edited by TVSpectator

Clark's daughter Stella has a cameo in tonights episode

And if you're left with the impression that the student who interrupts Coulson and Daisy bears a resemblance to someone familiar, that would be because she's played by none other than Stella Gregg, Clark's daughter. In honor of Stella's cameo, she and Clark sat down for the cutest father/daughter interview you ever did see. 

Clark: You do a lovely cameo on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this week. What was that like for you? 

Stella: It was really interesting and cool to be able to act with you and the fact that Chloe was in the scene too made it even more special because she's like a big sister to me, so I felt really lucky to be in a scene with both of you. 

Clark: Well, we felt the same way. What was the hardest part?

Stella: Trying to stay in character when you seemed so nervous and excited. 

Clark: Yeah. Sorry. I was both of those things and I even forgot my lines and had to start over. And you said...

Stella: "Give me something to work with here."

Clark: Which the crew deeply enjoyed. So one final dad question here: did you learn anything from the experience?

Stella: It made me realize that I want to work really hard so that someday I can do this too.

Clark: Aww. That makes me happy and if you do you will.

• Love 1

I was worried too. A couple weeks ago it seemed relatively safe, then ABC picked up American Idol and there were reports that they were picking up a lot of new drama series. But yay for season 5!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Considering ABC cancelled a lot of their current lineup including de American Crime.  I am glad they picked up Agents of Shield for at least another season.  

I imagine, at the very least, they wanted to get to syndication so five seasons would ensure them getting to 100 episodes. I think that's a good portion of them renewing the show, but also because the publicity this season has been more positive than the last season or two.

Glad it got picked up for another season, even if the slipping ratings do make me wonder how much longer will ABC stick with it.  But after this season, they more than earned another one.  I hope they keep it going.

• Love 2

That's good news-I think the show has done their best work this season, especially with the Framework arc. If it wasn't renewed, at least they could say they went out on top of their game.

Having said that, with how good season 4 has been, I wonder how they're going to top all this?

• Love 4

I am happy that the show was renewed, but honestly, I had been ready to give up on this show until the Framework arc.  I thought the Ghost Rider storyline was awful, and I found the middle arc of the LMD storyline to be tedious.  Were it not for this third arc of the Framework I think I would have walked away.  I hope they continue the quality.

I do believe that the showrunners can learn from their errors and improve.  I had grown so sick of Daisy, she was the special snowflake and everything that happened on the show revolved around her.  But they seem to have recognized that and this was the first season where I didn't find her irritating or feel like she was eating the show.  I hope they continue to tweak the show.  But I want more action, more powers, and less relationship angst.  I'm not watching this show for CW-like relationship drama between May/Coulson and Fitz/Simmons like what happens on "Arrow" between Oliver and Felicity on a weekly basis.  May and Coulson are an odd couple and I hate when shows do the "let's pair them together because there's nobody else" schtick.  I don't need to see it.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Defenders recently did a photoshoot with Chloe and Clark, haha:

http://www.cbr.com/agents-of-shield-defenders-crossover-photo/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just met the Defenders — sort of. A new photoshoot from photographer Kremer Johnson finds the main characters of both series teaming up in an homage to “Lunch Atop a Skyscraper,” the famous photo of steel workers taking a break during the construction of Manhattan’s Rockefeller Plaza in 1932. Johnson captured this photo and a handful of character portraits in an Emmy-focused photoshoot for Marvel Entertainment.

593fc352b0d8a_defendersphotoshoot.jpg.7f6a5e7e18cf24616905f2c541de91a3.jpg

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 5