Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vet Side-Eyes Disney CEO’s Slighting of Past Marvel Series
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH  JULY 14, 2023
https://tvline.com/news/agents-of-shield-clark-gregg-bob-iger-marvel-tv-slight-1235013141/ 

Clark Gregg, the onetime front man for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — sorry, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — had to raise an eyebrow at a perceived slighting of the first contemporary live-action Marvel series.
“Marvel’s a great example of that,” Iger continued. “They had not been in the TV business at any significant level.” (Emphasis ours.) “Not only did they increase their movie output, but they ended up making a number of television series, and frankly, it diluted focus and attention.”

Gregg, a veteran of ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. (and currently a recurring player on Hulu’s How I Met Your Father), quote-tweeted a summary of Iger’s drive-by diss, adding a simple but felt, “Bro…”

clark-gregg-bob-iger-tweet.png

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

TV's 14 most fascinating women in STEM
By Cindy White    Published Yesterday
https://www.avclub.com/most-fascinating-tv-women-in-stem-1850901140/slides/9 

Jemma Simmons, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-2020)
From a young and eager biochemist recruited out of a S.H.I.E.L.D. lab to join Phil Coulson on their “journey into mystery” to a seasoned agent who survived harrowing ordeals, Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) did a lot of growing up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. She had already earned two PhDs by the time S.H.I.E.L.D. recruited her to its academy, and would become one of its youngest graduates ever, along with her partner, best friend, and future husband Leo Fitz. During her time on Coulson’s team she made multiple scientific breakthroughs, including the development of a paralyzing dendrotoxin for the I.C.E.R. weapons and the discovery of a cure for a Chitauri virus while she herself was infected with it. She also became an expert in Inhuman biology after her teammate Skye (a.k.a. Daisy Johnson) was exposed to the mutagenic Terrigen mist. Throughout her adventures in time and space, she never wavered in her commitment to the ideals that drew her to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the first place.

10 Best Time Travel Shows, Ranked
BY GRACE HEINLEIN    PUBLISHED 5 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/best-time-travel-tv-shows/ 

5  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-2020)
While Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't the traditional time travel show, it absolutely counts. Time travel was a theme in the first couple of seasons, but became the sole transport method in the last three seasons. The show didn't start with time travel in its plot line, but it has the perfect platform to make that shift since superhero content leaves little for impossibility. The series adapted well to time travel. It integrated its characters seamlessly into every era they were in with costumes, sets, and individual development. The final season had the team in a different time each episode, which returned the series to its episodic case pattern from season 1.

Edited by tv echo