Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

47 TV Character Deaths From 2020 That Were Heartbreaking And Shocking From Start To Finish
by Nora Dominick     December 19, 2020
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-character-deaths-2020 

31. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when Enoch sacrificed himself so everyone else could live.
sub-buzz-574-1608141411-27.jpg 

32. And on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when Malick shockingly killed Jiaying after revealing that Daisy is actually her daughter.
sub-buzz-9905-1608063432-25.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

2020 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 20 2020,
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-quotes-2020-jeopardy-saturday-night-live-photos/agents-of-shield-find-a-husband-quote/ 

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
agents-of-shield-gal-like-me-quote.jpg?w

“What’s a gal like you doing trying to be a mountie? Can’t you find a husband?”

[Chuckles] OK. Yeah. I mean, I wish that I could hold onto a husband. But for some reason, they end up with broken ribs whenever they give me lip. Now, move or a gal like me will knock out a guy like you in front of people like them.”

After barely setting foot in 1931, Daisy (Chloe Bennet) bumps up against old-timey norms

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (Bonus Quote!)
agents-of-shield-sister-to-save-quote.jp

“Thing is, I already have a sister to save. Her name is Jemma Simmons.”

Daisy (Chloe Bennet) isn’t about to let Sybil tell her who her family is

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

21 TV Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Actors Wrapping Filming That You Probably Didn't Know
Nora Dominick     Dec 7, 2020
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-show-behind-the-scenes-facts-final-filming-days 

20. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the very last shot of the series was a scene between Coulson and May, and Chloe Bennet was actually watching from behind the camera as Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen filmed this final moment.

sub-buzz-86-1607368718-1.jpg?downsize=60

Jed Whedon recalled this moment: "On the last day, we went over to see the last shot, and Chloe Bennet sat down with tears in her eyes."

Edited by tv echo

25 Series Finales From 2020, Graded
By Team TVLine / December 29 2020
https://tvline.com/lists/2020-tv-series-finales-best-worst/ 

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING FINALES ARE NOT RANKED. Rather, the grades chosen reflect how each TV show did (or did not) stick the landing based on their respective runs. Also, as stated above, we did not grade every single series finale from the past year, but instead chose a select few series that ended on their own terms.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
series-finale-agents-of-shield-abc.jpg
A
Across an at-times thrilling two hours, we got great fights (including Daisy versus a Quake-ified younger Malick), timey-wimey exposition dumps (Fitz has been where/when?!), heartwarming reveals (Hi, Alya!) and, in the closing act, all kinds of Marvel-ous fan service (S.W.O.R.D., anyone?).

Edited by tv echo

Why Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Had The Best Series Finale Of 2020
LAURA HURLEY    DEC. 31. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2560826/why-marvels-agents-of-shield-had-the-best-series-finale-of-2020 

Admittedly, it's hard to compare a genre show like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to comedies like Modern Family and Schitt's Creek or procedurals like Hawaii Five-0 and Criminal Minds, but shows that occupy certain genres or run for 5-6 seasons or just plain mark the end of an era are pretty comparable. Another superhero show even aired its final episode in 2020, and I don't think Arrow even came close to matching S.H.I.E.L.D. in the entertainment factor of the finales.
While I love a good tragic TV twist as much as anybody when it comes to primetime dramas, shows are welcome to leave the dark and gritty behind when it comes to the final moments of series finales. Fortunately for the long-suffering heroes (and fans who watched them struggle for the better part of a decade), S.H.I.E.L.D. delivered a happy ending that was very much needed in 2020. Call me a sappy shipper, but I spent most of the last season hoping against hope that the FitzSimmons curse would be lifted. And it sure was!

Fitz came back, the secret baby theory was confirmed, and neither Fitz nor Simmons was ripped away through time and/or space. Daisy has a future with Sousa and a new job that may or may not be with S.W.O.R.D. May gets to live a quieter life after her badass final bow as the Cavalry. Mack has a new leadership position with Yo-Yo by his side. LMD Coulson's future is uncertain, but he didn't deactivate. Kora redeemed herself. Sure, Deke had to be left behind, but he was left behind by his own choice in a world where he's a rock star. The group did disband, which was bittersweet, but also realistic. None of the good guys died, and I'll take it!
Did the S.H.I.E.L.D. finale raise a whole bunch of new questions with the end? Sure, but it had answered the essential questions, and the open endings felt more about revealing that these characters are moving on with their lives in good ways, not leaving fans hanging on life-or-death cliffhangers. The loose ends were tied off, and that doesn't mean the stories have to be over. There's room for a spinoff or two. Will we get a S.W.O.R.D. story for Daisy, or S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.0 with Mack and Yo-Yo, or whatever Coulson does next? Maybe not, and that's okay. But it's also super okay if they come back, Marvel!

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, HBO Max and More
Lindsay MacDonald     Feb. 18, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-netflix-hulu-amazon-hbo-max/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Disney+
If you've ever found yourself watching a superhero film and thinking, "Man the people who have to clean up this mess of a city after Thor is done with it sure have it rough," you should definitely check out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Set in the Marvel universe, this series follows the government agency that often teams up with the Avengers and their daily missions that don't require "the big guns." It's a wacky little series that seems to reinvent itself every season, and it's the perfect blend of high stakes and humor.

Edited by tv echo

Marvel's Kevin Feige Talks 'WandaVision' Future, Netflix's Heroes and R-Ratings
FEBRUARY 24, 2021 11:27AM by Aaron Couch
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-kevin-feige-talks-wandavision-future-netflixs-heroes-and-r-ratings 

Before Feige gained oversight of Marvel's television side, Marvel TV produced a number of shows for ABC and Netflix, including the long-running Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

While those shows had highs and lows, Feige pushed back at the notion that they were not successful when compared to the critical love heaped upon WandaVision.

"I think there are legions of Agents of SHIELD fans and Daredevil fans and Jessica Jones fans and Luke Cage fans with disagree with you in terms of success or not," Feige told a reporter. "There is a very big fan base for those shows."

Feige has previously noted that he considers all characters who appeared in previous MCU shows to still be in play, meaning heroes from Netflix could potentially return. On Wednesday, he reaffirmed that notion.

"I'm not exactly sure of the exact contracts, but perhaps someday," Feige said when asked about reviving those characters.

Still, he declined to comment on rumors that members of Agents of SHIELD are set to return sooner rather than later.

"I'll just say there are often rumors that are true and there are often rumors that are not true," said Feige. "It was great fun having Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson) come back to the MCU in Captain Marvel … but everything else, we'll just have to see."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not that this should come as a shock to anyone.

Did Disney+ Erase Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter from MCU Canon?

After years of debate, it seems Disney has finally made some form of definitive stance on whether or not shows like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter are considered canon to the cinematic universe. On Tuesday, several international Disney+ markets moved the shows into the category titled "Marvel Legacy Movies and Series", insinuating they are no longer connected.

(edited)

AoS is a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge and Ming-Na Wen are nominees for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, Clark Gregg is a nominee for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, and AoS is also a nominee for Favorite Series Finale...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 1)
May 7, 2021    Tell-Tale TV
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-1/

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the many categories below from now through Thursday, May 13th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021.
The top 12 nominees in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round 2, which will begin on Friday, May 14th. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
On 5/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, ProudMary said:

I'm not surprised, because we've known for years that Disney no longer considers these two shows to be canon, but I still find it really annoying, because both shows were commissioned, designed and built as part of the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe. Both shows (at least in the beginning, before AoS was cast off and started doing its own thing) worked hard to adhere to movie canon even though the movies were never going to acknowledge them (just as the movies are not now going to acknowledge the Disney+ Marvel shows, which are similarly restricted). Both shows feature characters from the movies. And the tapestry of the wider MCU is weaker without them, quite frankly. I've been having a re-watch of the movies lately, and when I got to Iron Man 3 decided to re-watch AoS S1 with all the movies in their proper places, and it works really well. Better than I probably realised at the time, given that S1 didn't air in the UK until months later, so I wasn't able to watch it in concert with the movies as they were released. The show was created to be part of the wider MCU, was written and produced as such, and it sucks that it has since been disavowed. Ah well. It is still canon to me!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Llywela said:

I'm not surprised, because we've known for years that Disney no longer considers these two shows to be canon, but I still find it really annoying, because both shows were commissioned, designed and built as part of the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe. Both shows (at least in the beginning, before AoS was cast off and started doing its own thing) worked hard to adhere to movie canon even though the movies were never going to acknowledge them (just as the movies are not now going to acknowledge the Disney+ Marvel shows, which are similarly restricted). Both shows feature characters from the movies. And the tapestry of the wider MCU is weaker without them, quite frankly. I've been having a re-watch of the movies lately, and when I got to Iron Man 3 decided to re-watch AoS S1 with all the movies in their proper places, and it works really well. Better than I probably realised at the time, given that S1 didn't air in the UK until months later, so I wasn't able to watch it in concert with the movies as they were released. The show was created to be part of the wider MCU, was written and produced as such, and it sucks that it has since been disavowed. Ah well. It is still canon to me!

Of course it remains to be proven that what happened in Wandavison will be anymore neccessary to Dr. Strange than knowing where the Avengers got the location of Loki's scepter was in Age of Ultron 

On 5/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, ProudMary said:

Who exactly decides what’s canon? And why does the fact that an international version of the Disney+ website rearranged their interface mean anything? Agent Carter was also moved, and one of the show’s original characters appeared in Endgame. AoS is in a weird middle ground where no one has explicitly said it’s out of the MCU continuity but there’s nothing to confirm it’s still part of the main MCU either. Though that’ll probably change when they do their own version of inhumans later this year. But until then it’s up in the air.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:30 AM, blueray said:

That's to bad. But honestly the movies never noticed the show. And I still say AoS got better once they stopped trying to shove in the movies.

Surprising but probably for the best. Maybe now we can get a definitive explanation of what SHIELD actually is at this point and what Nick Fury's job is. Because in Winter Solider Shield went away and Fury faked his death. Then he came back in AoU and no one really said anything about him being alive. Then he had a helicarrier. All the time after that he is not the boss of Shield on the show (and it goes back and forth between being a real agency and a small underground group of agents). Then Fury shows up at the end of Infinity War with Maria Hill and tells her to call control or something. So what exactly is his role and who was she going to call?

I think that it was pretty clear that after Fury "died" he kept working in the underground, and Agents of Shield even showed how he had access to resources (by falling back on people true to the cause). 

Anyway, no matter what Marvel or Feige says (and they don't really say anything about that topic), Agents of Shield will always be part of the MCU for me. And structure on Disney Plus is kind of a mess anyway, I guess partly because they have no idea how to deal with certain things. It is really hard to figure out what they have and what they don't have outside of the "big franchises", because they have no idea how to sort anything which doesn't fall into some need umbrella. Under the Disney category for example they showed all kind of stuff under "nostalgic disney" 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Who exactly decides what’s canon? And why does the fact that an international version of the Disney+ website rearranged their interface mean anything? Agent Carter was also moved, and one of the show’s original characters appeared in Endgame. AoS is in a weird middle ground where no one has explicitly said it’s out of the MCU continuity but there’s nothing to confirm it’s still part of the main MCU either. Though that’ll probably change when they do their own version of inhumans later this year. But until then it’s up in the air.

While sites like this one are often based on such debates I think that ultimately the rights owners who will build future stories decide what is canon. But then something can be canon when the rights owners decide to reboot because wants a Kirk story instead of moving on to a another Next Generation 🤑.

Back in my Trekker days the rule was only what aired was  canon because of the lost decade with corporate approved novels being washed away when Picard and crew started up. Just as when  the latest rounds of Star Wars wiped away their books.

So for me until something obviously contradicts  like the rumor of Ms Marvel and/or Daisy being made  mutants and not an Inhumans in the MCU future AoS remains in the canon but slipped into a different timeline when they hit their Lighthouse time loop. But then when you think of it are Inhumans not mutants with an environmental triggers, and we just know the source of the mutation are Kree experiments?

• Love 3

Looking at my Disney+ right now, it seems like they have organized their Marvel section into options for Cinematic Universe phases or in-universe timeline order and then ‘Marvel Legacy Movies’ includes all the X-Men and Fantastic Four films.

In the category ‘Live Action Series and Specials’ AOS and Agent Carter are placed right alongside The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and WandaVision, but also with Inhumans and The Gifted, which doesn’t give us any information on whether they are considered at all canon or not. 

So this story looks like a load of nonsense.

• Love 2

They have roughly sorted it by studio (Marvel studios, what used to be Marvel and Fox television and then all the animated stuff). And then there is the "MCU in the timeline" option, but that one has only Marvel studio releases, meaning that there is even some stuff missing which we know is part of the MCU, but Disney currently doesn't have on streaming (meaning the Incredible Hulk and the Spiderman movies). 

I guess they still want to leave it open for fans what they want to count into it and what not. 

• Love 1
(edited)

AoS survived to Round 2 and is still a nominee for both Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series and Favorite Series Finale. Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge and Ming-Na Wen also survived to Round 2 and are still nominees for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi /Fantasy/Horror Series. Clark Gregg also survived to Round 2 and is still a nominee for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 2)
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-2/ 

For this round, you can vote for just ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 20th at 8pm EST. You can vote once each day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 
The top 6 votes in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to the Final Round of voting, which will begin on Friday, May 21st.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

26 TV Relationships That Were So Compelling, People Kept Watching The Show Just For Them
by Kelly Martinez    May 19, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kellymartinez/tv-relationships-that-kept-people-hooked 

24. Fitz and Simmons from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
sub-buzz-1172-1620948929-7.jpg ...
"Whenever the the stakes got high and everything seemed like it was going to hell, their relationship stayed the emotional heart of the show and kept things grounded every time. Their chemistry was incredible."

—reaganw02

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

AoS survived to the Final Round as a nominee for both Favorite Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series and Favorite Series Finale, and Clark Gregg survived to the Final Round as a nominee for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Final Round)
Tell-Tale TV     May 21, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-final-round/ 

You can vote for ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 27th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for television shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2021 at 7:30 AM, blueray said:

That's to bad. But honestly the movies never noticed the show. And I still say AoS got better once they stopped trying to shove in the movies.

I have hope that with the shift to a Multiverse in the MCU and the fact that the final season of AoS delved deep into Multiverse theory, it'll get a nod at some point.

Though I doubt Fitz and Simmons will get acknowledgement for their parallel discovery of time travel (at roughly the same time as Stark) and clear discovery of multiversal travel.

• Love 3

Honestly, the more people keep talking about Agents of Shield and the more MCU fans discover the series, the better is it chance that it will eventually get a nod. And I am sure that they will. Agents of Shield has a very dedicated fanbase, and now that it is easily accessible on Disney Plus, more and more people will give it a chance. 

• Love 4

So, did anyone watch Loki? Mild spoilers:

Spoiler

Loki's first episode establishes that there is one prime timeline and that branches from it are actively pruned as they happen. We even get to see it happen a couple of times. So if AoS was a different timeline from the movies, it's gone now.

Loki was also discussing Coulson's death with another character (with the clip from Avengers playing) and there was no implication that he recovered. It was a golden opportunity to rub it in Loki's face but instead they emphasized that Coulson's demise was the birth of the Avengers.

I am pretty sure AoS just got unceremoniously dumped from the canon. Come on Feige, prove me wrong!

1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

So, did anyone watch Loki? Mild spoilers:

Hide contents

Loki's first episode establishes that there is one prime timeline and that branches from it are actively pruned as they happen. We even get to see it happen a couple of times. So if AoS was a different timeline from the movies, it's gone now.

Loki was also discussing Coulson's death with another character (with the clip from Avengers playing) and there was no implication that he recovered. It was a golden opportunity to rub it in Loki's face but instead they emphasized that Coulson's demise was the birth of the Avengers.

I am pretty sure AoS just got unceremoniously dumped from the canon. Come on Feige, prove me wrong!

Hmm, but they also said that 

Spoiler

some things - like the time-travelling shenanigans of the Avengers - are supposed to happen. So until definitively told otherwise, I choose to believe that the AoS time-travel shenanigans were perfectly permissible under the rules of the TVA because it was always supposed to happen that way!

I did notice that Coulson's recovery wasn't mentioned, but there really was no reason for Morbius to bring that up, would have been extraneous in a scene very much focused on Loki, and a distraction for fans who never watched AoS.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Llywela said:

Hmm, but they also said that 

Hide contents

some things - like the time-travelling shenanigans of the Avengers - are supposed to happen. So until definitively told otherwise, I choose to believe that the AoS time-travel shenanigans were perfectly permissible under the rules of the TVA because it was always supposed to happen that way!

I did notice that Coulson's recovery wasn't mentioned, but there really was no reason for Morbius to bring that up, would have been extraneous in a scene very much focused on Loki, and a distraction for fans who never watched AoS.

Yeah, why tell a Loki 2012, who only just murdered Phil in this timeline, that it didn’t work? Mobius is certainly not that irresponsible, since he seems like kind of a similar guy to Phil, anyway.

• Love 2

It would have been the perfect opportunity to 

Spoiler

mention that Coulson is still around. 

And I am kind of sad that they didn't. On the other hand after the 

Spoiler

Hula figure in Wandavision there was another reference to Agents of Shield. This time regarding robots who don't know that they aren't human and that it happens "more often than you think". I can only remember one case in the whole MCU regarding a robot which didn't know, and that was LMayD. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, swanpride said:

It would have been the perfect opportunity to 

Reveal spoiler

mention that Coulson is still around. 

Why would they have mentioned that Coulson was experimented on and brought back to life? Loki legitimately killed Coulson, what happened on AoS is irrelevant to Loki’s story.

I want AoS to be acknowledged by the wider MCU but if it ever happens it’s going to be in a way that makes sense.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here Are the Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, and More
Lindsay MacDonald   June 10, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-watch-netflix-hulu-amazon-disney/ 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
If you've ever found yourself watching a superhero film and thinking, "Man, the people who have to clean up this mess of a city after Thor is done with it sure have it rough," you should check out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Set in the Marvel universe, this series follows the government agency that often teams up with the Avengers and their daily missions that don't require "the big guns." It's a wacky, heartfelt series that seems to reinvent itself every season, and it's the perfect blend of high stakes and humor. [Watch on Netflix, Disney+]

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Should Loki Have 'Revived' Coulson? Did Legends Tease Wynonna Good? Did Pose Jump the Gun? And More TV Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Charlie Mason / June 11 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/06/11/should-loki-have-mentioned-agents-of-shield-coulson-is-alive-tv-questions/

16 | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans, where[sic] you disappointed that Loki‘s Mobius, when replaying the trickster’s “greatest hits,” didn’t rub it in that Phil Coulson wound up getting resurrected (which would thus make it MCU canon)? Or was that par for the “Marvel Studios vs. Marvel TV” course?

25 Acting Duos Who Have Such Undeniable Chemistry On TV, It's Hard To Believe They'd Never Met Before
by Nora Dominick    June 10, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-acting-duos-great-chemistry-never-met-before 

5. Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge as Fitz and Simmons on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
sub-buzz-8303-1623097754-15.jpgSuggested by: inspire_forever

Elizabeth first met Iain at her final audition for Simmons at Disney. Elizabeth recalled the day, saying Iain was the "only Fitz" she hadn't run lines with before going into their chemistry test together. After she booked the role, the first thing Elizabeth asked was "Who is Fitz?" because she hoped it would be Iain.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Tom Hiddleston on Loki’s Biggest Betrayals and Most Heroic Moments
Eric Goldman    June 12, 2021
https://www.fandom.com/articles/loki-tom-hiddleston-mcu-hero-betrayal-mobius 

MULTIVERSE OF… COULSON?
One notable moment in the premiere also found Mobius taunting Loki a bit about his murder of Phil Coulson, given that event inadvertently motivated the Avengers to unite in the first place and defeat Loki. During this scene, in was hard for some fans of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD to not wonder if Mobius might even reveal to Loki that Coulson actually returned from the dead, though that ultimately didn’t occur, once more leaving the status of Agents of SHIELD – along with the other Marvel Television shows Feige and Marvel Studios were not involved with prior to Marvel Studios launching into TV with WandaVision – still murky in terms of if they’re truly canon in relation to the MCU. Or, if they are canon, if they are technically in the same timeline or universe as the films, given where the MCU is delving into these days.

Asked if he toyed with having Coulson’s resurrection mentioned in Loki, Waldron replied, “No, look, that is one other tendril of the multiverse, perhaps. I think just seeing mention of Coulson again, the very fact that it raises those questions, is exciting.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

In case you missed the notice, First Round voting for the 2021 Primetimer Awards opened on June 14 (and will end on June 18) - Agents of SHIELD has nominees in the following categories...

That Nearly Killed Me: Saddest Death Scene
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119692-that-nearly-killed-me-saddest-death-scene

Be Careful What You Wish For: Most Gratuitous Fanservice
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119656-be-careful-what-you-wish-for-most-gratuitous-fanservice

Wow, That Was Amazing!: Favorite Season/Series Finale
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119655-wow-that-was-amazing-favorite-seasonseries-finale

That Guy Used To Suck: Favorite Character Redemption Arc
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119651-that-guy-used-to-suck-favorite-character-redemption-arc

We Go Together: Favorite Couple Or Ship
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119607-we-go-together-favorite-couple-or-ship

Music To My Ears: Favorite Musical Moment
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119605-music-to-my-ears-favorite-musical-moment

Asskicker: Favorite Badass
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119584-asskicker-favorite-badass

Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119548-ugh-not-you-again-least-entertaining-villain

Best Genre Show
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119512-best-genre-show

LMFAO: Funniest Scene From A Scripted Show
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119510-lmfao-funniest-scene-from-a-scripted-show

Aw Yessss!: Favorite TV Moment Of The Year
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119505-aw-yessss-favorite-tv-moment-of-the-year

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Ming-Na Wen Talks The 'Void' Of Moving On From May's Ending
LAURA HURLEY    JUN. 30. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2569785/agents-of-shield-ming-na-wen-void-moving-on-melinda-may-ending 

Fan reactions to the series finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. back in August 2020 were generally positive, with the bittersweet ending of all the heroes surviving but the group splitting up for the next stage of their lives (and Deke being left behind alive but in another reality). Ming-Na Wen recently spoke with CinemaBlend's Adam Holmes about her role in Star Wars: The Bad Batch, and she took the time to share her feelings on S.H.I.E.L.D. coming to a close, saying:

"It’s such a mixed bag of emotions. We’ve spent seven seasons together growing and becoming friends and a family. There’s a void, there’s a definite void, but I’m also used to this kind of lifestyle that I’ve chosen for myself where I work with a bunch of people very closely… it’s like a gypsy. You live this life where you know that it’s not gonna go on forever, and that’s ok. You love that experience. And I’m just grateful that the fans had a chance to see these characters come to a finale like we were able to experience it. It’s very rare that a TV series has that opportunity to know that it’s their final season, and for the writers to have a chance to make that a real button on the storytelling."
It also set up the idea of May being ready to move on, even if her descending from the ceiling as The Cavalry one last time was one of the most epic parts of the finale. And while her story when it came to Coulson himself wasn't necessarily over, S.H.I.E.L.D. gave her a peaceful ending that still allowed her to train the next generation of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents as a teacher. Ming-Na Wen shared her thoughts on May becoming a teacher:

"I think she always was. She was always the nurturer, you know? She just had a lot of roadblocks her way. And one of the best moments for me was I had suggested to the writers that she accepts her title of The Cavalry, that that would be a wonderful way to round out her character, that she finally has come to accept about who she was and all the mistakes she made or didn’t make. And I just love that the fans also loved that moment."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Panel included Jessica Cail, Ph.D, who was a scientific consultant on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and other Marvel series...

Hollyweird Science: Sometimes You Just Gotta Break It | Comic-Con@Home 2021
Comic-Con International   Jul 23, 2021

The pantheon of science fiction and science-themed film and television is filled with examples where storytellers deliberately chose inaccurate depictions of science to craft celebrated productions. While these types of choices are always guaranteed to garner Internet outrage, our panel of Hollywood writers and science consultants discuss examples where the accurate depiction of science is not only unnecessary, sometimes it is undesirable. Featuring Ashley E. Miller (Lore, Black Sails), Lisa Klink (Star Trek: Voyager, Pandora), Stephen Cass (IEEE Spectrum, Twelve Tomorrows), Jessica Cail, Ph.D. (Luke Cage, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), and Kevin Grazier, Ph.D. (Gravity, Battlestar Galactica). Moderated by Jenna Busch (Cocktails with Stan, Psych Geeks).

Edited by tv echo

TV's Best Series Finales of All Time, Ranked: Cheers, Six Feet Under, Friends, ER, 12 Monkeys, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More
By Team TVLine / August 12 2021
https://tvline.com/gallery/best-series-finales-favorite-tv-endings-friends-buffy-photos/natalia-cordova-buckley-8/?ref=https://tvline.com/feature/best-series-finales-all-time-ranked-photos-the-big-bang-theory-mash-1061354/ 

25. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Capping a rather unexpectedly stellar season, and across an at-times thrilling two hours, the series-ender served up great fights (including Daisy versus a Quake-ified younger Malick), timey-wimey exposition dumps (Fitz has been where/when all season long?!), incredibly heartwarming reveals (Hey, Alya!) and, in the closing act, a parade of perfect, individual epilogues… and at least a hint of Marvel-ous, out-of-this-world fan service (S.W.O.R.D., anyone?).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From German Comic Con: Limited Edition (in Dortmund, Germany) on September 12...

Marvels Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Panel with Elizabeth Henstrid @German Comic Con Limited Edition 2021
Event and Concert Channel    Sep 12, 2021

• Love 1

The best comic book movies and series on Netflix
By Rick Mendez     October 3, 2021
https://rustwire.com/2021/10/03/the-best-comic-book-movies-and-series-on-netflix/ 

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Gabriel Luna as Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield Pic credit: Marvel/ABC

A Marvel series from ABC is available for Netflix subscribers to watch in its entirety. This is Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and it was the first TV show to spin off the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The show took S.H.I.E.L.D., introduced in the Iron Man movies, and resurrected Agent Coulson from the dead after Loki killed him in The Avengers.

Coulson put together a team to investigate superhuman activities in the world. The show crossed over with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, introduced the Inhumans and Ghost Rider, and got better as the seasons wore on.

Edited by tv echo
28 minutes ago, swanpride said:

I keep forgetting that the show is on Netflix in the US...maybe that is part of the reason why it is currently treated so badly by Disney? 

It's on Netflix in the US? That's so weird and annoying - the whole reason season 7 never aired in the UK was because the whole show had been moved over to Disney+! Yet it isn't on Disney+ in the US, but on another provider entirely? Then they could have let it air properly here too!

(Not to mention how cross I am that seasons 6 and 7 have never been released on DVD, so I can't complete my collection!)

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Llywela said:

It's on Netflix in the US? That's so weird and annoying - the whole reason season 7 never aired in the UK was because the whole show had been moved over to Disney+! Yet it isn't on Disney+ in the US, but on another provider entirely? Then they could have let it air properly here too!

(Not to mention how cross I am that seasons 6 and 7 have never been released on DVD, so I can't complete my collection!)

The broadcast network that SHIELD aired on had a contract with Netflix that preceded the creation of Disney+. I’m sure Disney would have put SHIELD on Disney+ in the US if they could (Agent Carter is on there already and the US is the only place where SHIELD isn’t on Disney+), but Netflix has ownership of the US streaming rights for the next few years.

Edited by BaggythePanther

50 TV Couples Who Will Restore Your Faith in Love, Promise
by KATHLEEN KAMPHAUSEN, MEGAN UY and CORINNE SULLIVAN    OCT 1, 2021
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/g5733/tv-couples-through-the-years/
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/g5733/tv-couples-through-the-years/?slide=28

28 of 50

jemma simmons and leo fitz from agents of s.h.i.e.l.d.

FitzSimmons is the best romance in the MCU, hands-down. No further questions at this time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1