Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

The Story Of Marvel Studios Review: A Meticulous Chronicle Of The Passion And Struggles Behind The MCU
BY ETHAN ANDERTON    OCT. 19, 2021
https://www.slashfilm.com/637044/the-story-of-marvel-studios-review-a-meticulous-chronicle-of-the-passion-and-struggles-behind-the-mcu/ 

Finally, for all its careful and meticulous coverage of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Story of Marvel Studios" leaves out some key details that might make some fans unhappy. There's only a fleeting mention of the short-lived "Agent Carter" series. But perhaps more frustrating for Marvel TV fans is the fact that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." gets no significant coverage in the book at all. It's mentioned while talking about "The Avengers" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," but otherwise, it's as if the show doesn't exist. Granted, that's basically been how Marvel Studios feels about the series too, mostly because it was more of a Marvel Television production that felt separate from the larger MCU, but plenty of fans will be disappointed.

• Useful 1

Marvel Studios Author Disputes Agents of SHIELD's Place In MCU Canon
By Savannah Sanders   October 21, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-agents-of-shield-mcu-canon-question 

While the authors of The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe indicated that Agent Carter is considered canon within the MCU, they also suggested that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is not.

When this news hit the interwebs, some fans took to social media to debate the confirmation to which the new book's author, Tara Bennet, responded in a tweet that read:

"We wrote the book. It does not say AoS is part of the MCU."

For those who hadn't read Marvel's newest book, this news resulted in both confusion and frustration, with some stating that Agent Carter must fall in the category of non-canon. In regard to these claims, Bennet posted, "Please go read the book:"

"Please go read the book where it clearly states how each show works in the MCU. You are not tweeting what we wrote."

In an additional tweet, Bennet again tried to clarify the facts, stating that " Agent Carter is different from AoS [Agents of Shield]:"

"The tweet is incorrect lumping both shows in together as the same situation. Agent Carter is different from AoS."

As others engaged in the conversation, she continued to defend the fact that the approaches to the two shows were different in a reply while also promising the book would explain it all:

"Yes, AC is. And it's laid out that way in the book. And the book also explains how AoS is different and why."

Lastly, the Marvel author chose to spell it all out in a final tweet stating that the book is "MS's [Marvel Studios'] history" and it "says what you want to know:"

"We just spent 3.5 years writing 250K words in a book that lays out MS's [Marvel Studios'] history w/ the TV shows. It's all in the book with quotes from the players. I'm not making statements for MS when the book is their history & says what you want to know."

In The Story of Marvel Studios , one of the only direct mentions of Agents of SHIELD comes off a quote from Joss Whedon when he confirms that Coulson's death in The Avengers is described as "definitive." According to Whedon, Agents of SHIELD "always was a separate thing — it was really separate from the movies. I was also clear: We can do it in the TV show, but we can't do it in the movies. 'Hey, this beloved character you thought was dead is back' is the worst thing the sequels can do."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Marvel Studios Author Disputes Agents of SHIELD's Place In MCU Canon
By Savannah Sanders   October 21, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-agents-of-shield-mcu-canon-question 

Such a weak excuse. Coulson's resurrection doesn't need to be addressed in the movies for the show to be canon. If they didn't want it to be considered canon they shouldn't have allowed multiple movie actors to reprise their roles in the series, and shouldn't have collaborated on multiple tie-in episodes in the early seasons. Early publicity for the show was very clear that although Coulson's resurrection would never be addressed in the films, the show was very much initially intended to form part of the wider canon of the MCU. So what's wrong with letting the show just exist alongside the movies as part of the wider tapestry of the rich, interconnected universe/multiverse they claim to be building? It doesn't have to ever be referenced in the movies, all we want is for them to pay a bit of lip service to respect for it!

Honestly, I think the movie people were embarrassed by the show's initial poor reception and immediately wrote it off as a bad job, and since have never been bothered to find out that it actually developed into an excellent show that I find more rewatchable than many of their movies!

(I also really like S1, so there.)

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 3

TV's 50 Longest-Awaited First Kisses From NCIS, Arrow, Evil, X-Files, Lucifer, Grey's, OUAT, Friends and More Shows
By Team TVLine / October 23 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-longest-awaited-first-kisses-most-episodes/fitz-and-simmons-agents-of-shield/ 

27  Fitz and Simmons, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
First Kiss: Season 3, Episode 8

Wait Time: 52 episodes

https://tvline.com/lists/tv-longest-awaited-first-kisses-most-episodes/coulson-and-may-agents-of-shield/ 

10  Coulson and May, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
First Kiss: Season 5, Episode 21 (Note: “Philinda” previously appeared to kiss in Season 4, Episode 12, but May turned out to be an LMD.)

Wait Time: 109 episodes

Edited by tv echo

Includes comments from Gabriel Luna, behind-the-scenes info about Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider on Agents of SHIELD and why the planned AoS spinoff about Ghost Rider never happened...

Hellfire and Brimstone: A Celebration of Marvel's Ghost Rider
By ADAM BARNHARDT - October 20, 2021
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ghost-rider-movie-future-history-explained-interview-gabriel-luna-robbie-reyes/ 

In fact, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and crew were set to film a Season 3 post-credits stinger teasing the character when the call came down that Ghost Rider was off the table.

"The tease that never got shot was going to be this," Kolpack recalls. "It was supposed to be a husband and wife at one of those Storage Wars-kind of bidding places. They bid on a storage locker and then they open up the locker and they're going into it and going, 'Wow. What the hell is all this?'"

That's when the original Spirit of Vengeance was set to come into play.

"Then they started seeing posters of the Daredevil motorcycle stuff and there was a leather jacket there and a motorcycle. There were all these little tidbit clues that were going to be in there to foreshadow and tease everybody for Season 4," the artist adds. "But Marvel took away the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, so they changed it quickly to the LMD Aida business where you saw there was a shadowy figure behind fog glass with a female voice. That was actually Maurissa's voice because of having to put together something really quickly."

As fate would have it, however, not all was lost. The call from the studio eventually came back saying the SHIELD crew could use Ghost Rider after all— just not Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. Instead, the network show was allowed to use Reyes and his Hell Charger.
When Luna first signed his Marvel deal, the actor says it was always the goal to give Ghost Rider his own show. In fact, Luna tells us Marvel Television executed his "hold clause" almost immediately after the character's live-action debut in the SHIELD Season 4 premiere. In layman's terms, that means Marvel paid Luna to keep them at the top of his list. The company was so deadset on making a show with Luna as the lead, they paid him to either not work, or agree to quit work in order to return as the Spirit of Vengeance.

Once the actor finished his work on SHIELD, he began working with Marvel TV executives on developing the show, a situation that turned out to yield slow results.
More time goes by. After Marvel Television picked up his hold a couple of times, Disney finished a deal to acquire 20th Century Fox. While that move was ultimately responsible for the launch of Disney+ and Marvel Studios' absorption of Marvel Television, Luna says it initially provided some momentum towards those behind-the-scenes plans. The company was showing it was willing to take pretty substantial risks.

After all, it was also right around this time Hulu officially greenlit the Ghost Rider series Luna and so many others had worked hard on.

"We were in full pre-production at that point now that Disney owned Fox and we had the Hulu relationship, that all would work out," the actor recalls. "I was doing everything in my power to make sure my mind and body were all prepared for a few-month-long engagement trying to get our show up."

Then something happened few saw coming. Marvel Studios absorbed Marvel Television, meaning long-time TV exec Jeph Loeb was without a job and Marvel Studios mastermind Kevin Feige was overseeing all television production. Shortly thereafter, virtually all of Marvel Television's productions were either cancelled or put on hold.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

During this Sunday panel, Ming-Na Wen said that, with Agents of SHIELD, she "got to keep all of her many different outfits at the very end... I love the clothes because for me the clothes really, really creates the character and helps me to become that character"...

LA Comic Con 2021: The Mandalorian Panel Ft. Gustavo from Big Time Rush!
steven alvarez   Dec 6, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1OrzwR8t34

Edited by tv echo
16 minutes ago, tv echo said:

During this Sunday panel, Ming-Na Wen said that, with Agents of SHIELD, she "got to keep all of her many different outfits at the very end... I love the clothes because for me the clothes really, really creates the character and helps me to become that character"...

😍

But she was undercover when she went dancing with Phil.

Agents of SHIELD Leaving Netflix: Removal Date Revealed
By Lauren Rouse    February 12, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/agents-of-shield-netflix-leaving-removal-date 

A message has begun to appear on the Netflix page for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD which warns that subscribers will only have until Monday, February 28 before the series leaves the platform on March 1 at midnight.
A new home for Agents of SHIELD is yet to be announced but seeing as the series was produced by ABC Studios along with Marvel Television, both subsidiaries of Disney, it seems likely fans will see it on Disney+ in the future. Agents of SHIELD is already streaming on Disney+ in multiple countries around the world where it forms part of the 'MCU Legacy Movies and Series' collection. This essentially means the show isn't considered a canon part of the MCU by Disney whereas other Marvel series on Disney+ like WandaVision and Hawkeye are.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

These dueling streaming service moves I guess is the definition of a First World problem.

I had suspended my re-watch after season 5 to catch Stargate before it was removed, but Stargate is still there long past that announced date.  Since I just finished the slog thru the Izel pod I have the time to finish the Cromicon War and go then go back to finish the Dominion War on Deep Space 9.

At Fan Expo Vancouver yesterday, Ming-Na Wen said that she missed being Melinda May/The Cavalry. When asked for her most memorable moment with the Agents of SHIELD cast, she said that it was the "bookends": the first scene and the last scene of the series. When asked, she also said that she still keeps in touch with a lot of the AoS cast. She added that she was in London recently and saw Ian, Nick Blood and Jason Mara.

MING-NA WEN (Mulan, Book Of Boba Fett) - Fan Expo Vancouver 2022 - Panel
Angelika Diana    Recorded: Feb 19, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Disney+ Is New Home for Daredevil, Luke Cage and 5 Other Marvel Series; Parental Controls to Get Update
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/03/01/watch-daredevil-jessica-jones-streaming-online-disney-plus/

Worth noting that Agents of SHIELD is already on Disney+ for most of the world outside of the US, has been since before the final season aired - it's the reason I wasn't able to record S7 off the TV like I did with every earlier season, and I'm still annoyed about that, since it also hasn't been released on DVD. The Netflix shows are new to Disney+ everywhere, though, I believe.

8 hours ago, tv echo said:

Disney+ Is New Home for Daredevil, Luke Cage and 5 Other Marvel Series; Parental Controls to Get Update
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/03/01/watch-daredevil-jessica-jones-streaming-online-disney-plus/

I'm so happy! I was only planning to keep Disney+ for a few months, but I guess I may as well upgrade to the year deal, since I'll want to watch the whole series again. Interested in watching Jessica Jones too.

(edited)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Alum Cheers Move to Disney+ With Daredevil & Co.
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 5 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/03/05/agents-of-shield-streaming-disney-plus-cast-reactions/ 

“Oh, I love it!” said former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Elizabeth Henstridge, when TVLine asked her about calling Disney+ home alongside Marvel’s street-level heroes starting March 16.

“I mean, [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.] living on is wonderful, especially somewhere like Disney+ where you can discover it amongst the other shows,” Jemma Simmons’ former portrayer continued. “If you like Daredevil, you’re probably going to like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

And as Disney+’s popularity continues to surge, being the home to so much MCU, Star Wars, Pixar and Disney fare, “New people can discover it there,” Henstridge said. “And then there is the nostalgia of being able to binge a show that has seven seasons, which is really cool.

“I’m really happy,” she said in conclusion. “It feels like a very good home for it.”

Fun fact: Former Marvel star Henstridge was on the phone with TVLine to talk about directing an episode of a DC series, The CW’s Superman & Lois (airing this Tuesday); we’ll give you much more on that in the days to come.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I checked and Agents of SHIELD is indeed now on Disney+...

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013-2020)
The worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division) employs an elite team of agents who investigate strange occurrences around the globe… and beyond. Each member of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings a unique ability to the group while they work together to protect the defenseless from Hydra. The seven-season series stars Disney Legend Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May, Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons, Iain De Castecker as Leo Fitz, Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez, and Brett Dalton as Grant Ward. Oh, and who could forget all those guest stars?

Edited by tv echo

I must have living under a rock because I didn't realize that AoS and all the netflix shows left Netflix. I went to go watch it to see it wasn't there anymore :(.

I don't have Disney+.... 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, Raja said:

These dueling streaming service moves I guess is the definition of a First World problem.

I had suspended my re-watch after season 5 to catch Stargate before it was removed, but Stargate is still there long past that announced date.  Since I just finished the slog thru the Izel pod I have the time to finish the Cromicon War and go then go back to finish the Dominion War on Deep Space 9.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad that I understood this ;).

1 hour ago, blueray said:

I must have living under a rock because I didn't realize that AoS and all the netflix shows left Netflix. I went to go watch it to see it wasn't there anymore :(.

I don't have Disney+.... 

I'm not sure if it is good or bad that I understood this ;).

Up until 1986 when William Shatner told us to "get a life" on Saturday Night Live it was bad. Now its all good.

• Love 1

From Sunday (April 10)...

Ming-Na Wen Panel at Fan Expo Philadelphia 2022
FandomWire News   Apr 11, 2022

-- When asked if she would accept an offer to enter the MCU officially as Agent May, MNW: "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes... I loved being Agent May. ... However, if they want to give me a character that has superpowers so that I don't have to do as many fight scenes, I would love it."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Watch: Marvel Netflix & Agents of SHIELD Actors Team Up for New Promo
By Russ Milheim   April 16, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-netflix-agents-of-shield-actors-team-up-watch

A new TikTok from Disney+ has been released that promotes the arrival of the Netflix Marvel series and Agents of SHIELD to Disney's streaming service. Alongside actors from other shows like Agents of SHIELD, Several Marvel's The Defenders cast members teamed together with Agents of SHIELD stars Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen to create a promo that lets everyone know where to watch their former shows.

The video in question adapted the “pass the phone” format, which has become popular on social media. It all started with Simone Missick, who played Misty Knight in Luke Cage. The actress called out “the person whose life goal is to give Matt Murdock a hard time.”

From there it went to Jessica Jones' Krysten Ritter, who promptly threw it to “someone who is driven to their pursuit of truth and justice.” Surprisingly, this led to Iron Fist's Finn Jones, who chose to hand it off to Clark Gregg while referencing some of the character’s Kree-craziness on SHIELD.

Gregg took the opportunity to pass the mic over to “his favorite superhero,” which in this case was none other than Charlie Cox.

The Daredevil actor passed the torch one final time, his pick being “someone who is a force to be reckoned with.”

This, of course, meant Ming-Na Wen, who played Agent Melinda May in Agents of SHIELD. Wen was also recently as Fennec Shand in The Book of Boba Fett.

Watch TikTok video here:

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

This article contained a little Agents of SHIELD audition tidbit...

How to Get Cast in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
BY KEVIN REDDING , ANNA PAPACHRISTOS | LAST UPDATED: MAY 4, 2022
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/how-to-get-cast-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-74103/ 

Be ready for anything. When Jeff Ward, who played Deke Shaw on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” was preparing for his audition, he was “super excited, because the character description said: ‘Think: Han Solo.’ And I was like, Cool—that’s my childhood dream,” he said. “So I went in and I read for it. And while I was in there, they were like, ‘Can you actually read for this other part?’ And I read for the other part, and I got the other part; but it was much smaller. I was going to shoot two days and just be in two scenes, and I went to the table read.

“And as I sat down, I was immediately scared, because all these people from Marvel and ABC and the show were there,” he continued. “I [later] got a call on the way to my car that said, ‘Hey, could you come back and read for that original part one more time?’ One of the showrunners called me. And I did—I went back. At 11:30 that night, I found out that I was going to do the bigger part. It was supposed to be eight episodes, but now it’s turned into the whole season and past that. It was crazy. I was supposed to do two scenes and die, and now I’m doing a lot more.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Fan asked HA if she saw the AoS episode where Elizabeth Henstridge "attempted to channel" Peggy Carter. HA said that she did not, but asked how she did. HA then said that Enver Gjokaj (who played Sousa in both Agent Carter and AOS) had called her, asking if she minded that he was in AoS ("he felt like he was betraying me somehow"), and she jokingly told him not to have as much fun as he did on Agent Carter...

HAYLEY ATWELL Peggy Carter Panel – Awesome Con 2022
Fandom Spotlite   Jun 8, 2022

(edited)

Only confirms that SHIELD agents were there, not that the specific AoS characters were there (warning: contains mild spoiler for Ms. Marvel premiere episode)...

Ms. Marvel Confirms S.H.I.E.L.D. Was at Avengers: Endgame's Battle of Earth
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 14 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/06/14/ms-marvel-agents-of-shield-endgame-easter-egg/ 

The scenes set at AvengerCon featured a Marvel-ous amount of Easter eggs, as Kamala and Bruno took in the cosplay- and merch-filled spectacle. But one fleeting (to be generous) image, it has since been revealed, in fact connects S.H.I.E.L.D. to the Battle of Earth.
At the 34:15 mark in the episode, as Kamala discovers that her frenemy Zoe Zimmer is also in attendance at AvengerCon — and in a Captain Marvel costume of her own, no less! — one can sorta spy in the background a poster for a book titled I Was There…. (See screenshot below.)
Well, Marvel.com recently shed a lot of much-needed light on that barely perceptible Easter egg, including how it confirms that S.H.I.E.L.D. (which of course was the foundation for a seven-season, MCU-adjacent ABC TV series) had a small presence during the Avengers’ final, epic clash with Thanos.

“If you’re searching for a first-hand account of The Battle of Earth, be sure and pick up a copy of the memoir I Was There… written by a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent detailing the clash between the heroes of earth and the Alien scourge threatening our fragile planet,'” notes the Marvel.com piece. “The book includes a conversation with Hawkeye, and a first-hand account of Tony Stark using the Infinity Gauntlet (even though the author was 6,000 feet away).”

Edited by tv echo
25 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Only confirms that SHIELD agents were there, not that the specific AoS characters were there (warning: contains mild spoiler for Ms. Marvel premiere episode)...

Ms. Marvel Confirms S.H.I.E.L.D. Was at Avengers: Endgame's Battle of Earth
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 14 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/06/14/ms-marvel-agents-of-shield-endgame-easter-egg/ 

To quote Uncle Eli "shieeeeld?" If I recall the story line correctly the leadership was snatched by Enoch but folks were interacting with them as they sneaked out of the Lighthouse. So we are back to the Graviton battle being a sideshow to Wakanda and lost during the snapture with S.H.I.E.L.D.  being active during the blip.

An ex or current S.H.I.E.L.D. agent writing a book reminds me of a S.A.S trooper who wrote a maybe real book about his mission during the Gulf War

(edited)

Agents of SHIELD Creator Denies Giving 'Blessing' for Chloe Bennet's MCU Reboot
By Richard Nebens   July 29, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/agents-of-shield-chloe-bennet-mcu-reboot 

Agents of SHIELD showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen took to Twitter to set the record straight about Daisy Johnson/Quake potentially being rebooted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

On July 18, Twitter user @thewatcher_2099 posted a rumor that there would be a new version of Daisy Johnson developed on Earth-616 within the MCU and that the Agents of SHIELD story would be relegated to separate universe:

"Can confirm now that Feige and CO. are treating Agents of SHIELD as another universe. Daisy in 616 will have a new origin, however aspects of her AoS story will be incorporated as a nod to all of the diehard fans. The creative team behind AoS gave their blessing."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

TV's 30 Best Series Finales, Ranked — Now Including, Yes, Lost
By Team TVLine / August 24 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-series-finales/person-of-interest-cbs/ 

29 MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Capping a rather unexpectedly stellar season, and across an at-times thrilling two hours, the series-ender served up great fights (including Daisy versus a Quake-ified younger Malick), timey-wimey exposition dumps (Fitz has been where/when all season long?!), incredibly heartwarming reveals (Hey, Alya!), a parade of perfect, individual epilogues in the closing act… and one bit of Marvel-ous, out-of-this-world fan service (S.W.O.R.D., anyone?).

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

15 Scrapped Spinoffs We Absolutely Would Have Watched From The Office, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and More
By Team TVLine / August 31 2022, 
https://tvline.com/lists/cancelled-spinoffs-best-lost-pilots-photos/agents-of-shield-marvels-most-wanted/

Marvel's Most Wanted (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
This offshoot would have followed ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter (played by Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood) as they go on the run after the events of their mid-Season 3 exit, eventually allying with adventurer Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo). Bobbi and Lance, PLUS Delroy Lindo AND Oded Fehr (as a “well-known character” from the comics)? Y.E.S.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 8:05 AM, tv echo said:

The Story Of Marvel Studios Review: A Meticulous Chronicle Of The Passion And Struggles Behind The MCU
BY ETHAN ANDERTON    OCT. 19, 2021
https://www.slashfilm.com/637044/the-story-of-marvel-studios-review-a-meticulous-chronicle-of-the-passion-and-struggles-behind-the-mcu/ 

Its a shame the Love American Styles no longer exist to get the discarded pilot episodes on the air. You would think that streaming services desperate for exclusive content would make them available.

Every Marvel Cinematic Universe TV show, ranked
By Samantha Nelson, Tasha Robinson, and Zosha Millman  Updated Nov 25, 2022
https://www.polygon.com/tv/22561233/mcu-tv-shows-ranked-marvel-cinematic-universe 

16. AGENTS OF SHIELD (2013-2020)
ABC’s Agents of SHIELD was the show most closely tied to the MCU before Disney Plus came along. It stars recurring MCU film character Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), who is mysteriously resurrected after being killed by Loki in The Avengers, then tasked with leading a group of agents investigating everything from rogue Asgardians to cyborgs. The show’s first season was written to complement the Captain America: The Winter Soldier revelation that SHIELD had been infiltrated by Hydra, which gives the story an excellent twist as several main characters show their true loyalties.

But that connective tissue wore thin over time, and later seasons saw the characters sent to space or entirely different timelines so they could avoid intersecting with the MCU films. When the show is firing on all cylinders, Agents of SHIELD is among the top Marvel series, embracing the genre-bending sensibilities of comic book stories and a heavy dose of meta humor. Unfortunately, it spends a lot of time foundering, taking several seasons to become a true ensemble show, and even then, struggling with separated characters and a rotating cast of varying quality. —SN

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

Awful list...I pretty much disagree completely not just with the ranking but also with the explanations for them. 

Me too - I'd have placed AoS much higher, it's my favourite of all the Marvel shows, I love it more with each rewatch.

• Like 1

Ming-Na Wen will be at Star Wars Celebration Europe in April...

Gwendoline Christie, Joonas Suotamo, and Ming-Na Wen to Appear at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023
StarWars.com Team    February 6, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-celebrity-guests 

And Ming-Na Wen, the actor who brought elite assassin Fennec Shand to life on The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, is also slated to appear.

TV's 60 Longest-Awaited First Kisses From NCIS, Arrow, Abbott Elementary, JAG, X-Files, Big Bang and More Shows
By Team TVLine / March 8 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-longest-awaited-first-kisses-most-episodes/ 

.... The current results — expanded to a Top 60 (plus ties) and sorted from the shortest to longest wait — are updated with several “firsts” from the past 18 months, ....
32  Fitz and Simmons, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
First Kiss: Season 3, Episode 8

Wait Time: 52 episodes
12   Coulson and May, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
First Kiss: Season 5, Episode 21 (Note: “Philinda” previously appeared to kiss in Season 4, Episode 12, but May turned out to be an LMD.)

Wait Time: 109 episodes

Edited by tv echo

Plan Ahead with the Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 Panel Schedule
StarWars.com Team    March 7, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-panel-schedule 

Saturday, April 8
40 Years of Return of the Jedi

2:00PM - 3:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage

.... Join special guest host Ming-Na Wen as she chats with Star Wars legends of the past, present, and future about the influence of this beloved chapter in the galaxy far, far away.

Also, from Feb. 18 or 19...

Ming-Na Wen | Celebrity Panel | FAN EXPO Portland
FAN EXPO    Mar 9, 2023

Edited by tv echo

10 Best Comic Book TV Shows, Ranked
BY SEAN BASSETT     PUBLISHED 4 DAYS AGO
https://www.cbr.com/best-comic-book-tv-shows-ranked/ 

2  Agents of SHIELD
Although many believe this Marvel show deserved another season, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s impressive seven-season run has solidified its stature as one of the comic-book genre's greatest programs. This action-packed offering sees revived SHIELD agent Coulson lead his own team of agents in protecting the Earth from several deadly foes.

Perhaps most remarkable about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the many creative avenues it explores across its episodes. Marvel's hit show takes audiences from barren alien worlds to computer simulations, with its last season even incorporating time travel into its narrative. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s fourth season also introduced Gabriel Luna's Ghost Rider, and his excellent portrayal of this tortured soul has left viewers longing for more.

20 GREATEST SUPERHERO TV SHOWS EVER MADE
by CHRISTIAN SACLAO    2 days ago
https://geekspin.co/greatest-superhero-tv-shows-ever-made/ 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-2020)
Based on the Marvel Comics organization S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division), this live-action ABC series stars Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, reprising his role from the film series, alongside Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge. In the show, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents deal with various unusual cases and enemies, including Hydra, Inhumans, Life Model Decoys, and alien species such as the Kree and Chronicoms.

Throughout its seven-season run, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned praise for its strong characters and entertaining storylines. While some critics noted that the show can be a bit slow at times, most have commended the show for its willingness to take risks and its ability to tell stories that connect with the Marvel Cinematic Universe films.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 3

Ming-Na Wen Wants to Return to Marvel as Agents of SHIELD's Melinda May (Exclusive)
By JAMIE LOVETT - May 16, 2023 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/agents-of-shield-marvel-cast-show-ming-na-wen-melinda-may-return/ 

"I really can't tell what's going to happen, but I do know that having played her for seven years, 22 episodes every year, I miss being her," Wen says. "As an actor, we give birth to these characters and they become a part of us; they're in our DNA, and I do miss her being, so I hope one day that I get to bring Agent May back."

(edited)

TV's Best Weddings of All Time: Bones, A Different World, Big Bang, Friends, ER, I Dream of Jeannie, Pose and More!
By Team TVLine / May 27 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-weddings/agents-of-shield-fitzsimmons/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Jemma and Leopold
What began as a very bad day — Coulson realized he was dying — took a decidedly upward turn when Coulson & Co. surprised Fitz (and us!) with a picture-perfect wedding, to Simmons. The beautiful, drama-free ceremony was timed perfectly to the Marvel series’ 100th episode, and among other things it featured the stealth reveal, at least to viewers, that Deke from the future is FitzSimmons’ grandkid! (Watch video above.)

Edited by tv echo