Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Share One Regret: So. Many. Gray Hallways.
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 13 2020, 
https://tvline.com/2020/08/13/agents-of-shield-series-finale-producers-regret-gray-hallways/ 

To the very end, the Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. producers were good sports about the knocks the show has taken over its seven-season ABC run.

Heck, executive producer Jeffrey Bell, while doing press for the Aug. 12 series finale, sported an “After a Rocky Start…” T-shirt — which he said was a nod to the left-handed compliment that seemed to open even the most laudatory of the show’s reviews over the years.

During said press tour, Bell and co-showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen were asked if there was anything they wish they could have done differently. As it turned out, S.H.I.E.L.D. director Mack answered that very question in one of the series’ very final scenes, when he alluded to “all those years in hallways.”

“I wish we didn’t live in so many corridors because we had no money,” Bell shared with reporters. Tancharoen concurred, saying, “Everyone’s like, ‘Why are they back in these gray halls?‘”
Even OG cast member Chloe Bennet had to hail the escape from drab corridors, telling TVLine in a season preview, “You’re telling me! Every day we were literally in those hallways, and if a scene was two minutes long we were there [filming] for seven hours. It was really, really exciting for the cast and the crew to get out of the stages and get out of the gray space hallways, because it does affect your mood.”

Alas, S.H.I.E.L.D. by midseason had largely relocated its agents to nondescript, endless corridors, whether back at the subterranean Lighthouse base in the 1980s, scurrying around the oh-so-gray Zephyr, or exploring an alien cruiser in the finale.

“The great thing about being in space is you don’t have to go on location,” Bell said, “because we can’t afford to go on location.”

That said, the EP did point out to The AV Club that the aforementioned Chronicom cruiser boasted “pretty, pretty sexy corridors.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

TV Ratings: Big Brother Dominates, S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises on Finale Night
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 13 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/13/tv-ratings-agents-of-shield-season-7-series-finale/ 

ABC | United We Fall (3.2 mil/0.5) was steady. Agents of SHIELD with its first hour (1.64 mil/0.4) delivered a best-since-premiere audience and a season high in the demo. The finale itself then did 1.35 mil and a 0.3; TVLine readers gave the series finale (and Season 7 as a whole) an average grade of “A”read our many post mortems.

Edited by tv echo

Chloe Bennet on the Emotional Finale of ‘Agents of SHIELD’ and Quake’s Fate
Eric Goldman      August 13, 2020
https://www.fandom.com/articles/chloe-bennet-marvel-agents-of-shield-finale-quake-spoilers 

With the finale having aired, Fandom spoke to Bennet about the final season, how the series ended and saying goodbye to Agents of SHIELD and to Quake – and if she thinks she might ever play her again.
One very notable development for Daisy in Season 7 was her romance with Daniel Sousa (Enver Gjokaj), as the 1950s SHIELD agent not only traveled from another era but from another series, with Gjokaj reprising his Agent Carter role.

That relationship felt unlikely at first, and Bennet admitted, “I’ll be honest, I was concerned at the beginning when they told me about it. It’s really rare to see a character that is my age that centers around her growing as a person and not her growing in love. I was pretty protective of that, and that narrative for a lot of young women who watched her grow up and watched me grow up on the show – that not all female characters have to be revolved around their love life. But I’ve gotta say, I am more than elated by the ending.”

Bennet felt that she herself, Daisy as a character, and the audience all shared the same skeptical, “That’s not going to happen, right?” view of pairing Daisy and Sousa going in, “But then it just works, and it also, again, mirrors life and what often happens. It’s finally when you work on yourself and when you’re not looking for something… You know the old saying, you get stuck in a time loop and fall in love! Classic, old-time story! I thought they did it in a really clever way.”

She added, “It’s taken me watching [the season] to go, ‘Oh my god, I really loved it for her.’ I thought it was actually — in a weird, sci-fi, nerdy way — totally romantic and totally makes sense. Of course, it would be him! And I actually really find both Sousa and Enver to be incredibly complementing to the storyline and to that character. And to feel her growth. Someone who loves strong women, it’s really fun to watch. So I’m a total shipper!”
But while Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is coming to an end, Bennet added, “I don’t feel like I’m done playing her. I feel like there’s room in the Marvel Universe for more Quake. So hopefully you’ll see that happen!”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

THE AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. CAST ON FINAL FATES, MISSED CHANCES, AND (NOT) SAYING GOODBYE
Brian Silliman     Aug. 13, 2020
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/agents-of-shield-cast-finale-story-missed-chances-saying-goodbye 

SYFY WIRE caught up with actors Chloe Bennet, Clark Gregg (Coulson), Ming-Na Wen (May), Elizabeth Henstridge (Simmons), Iain De Caestecker (Fitz), Henry Simmons (Mack), Natalia Cordova-Buckley (Yo-Yo), Jeff Ward (Deke), and Enver Gjokaj (Sousa) during a press event to celebrate the end of an era. 
The finale saw Daisy and Sousa off on a new mission together, May becoming a teacher, Mack and Yo-Yo still working for S.H.I.E.L.D., Deke staying behind in the '80s,  and Fitz and Simmons finally finding peace and having a child.
Wen:
I was happy... for her to end up running the Coulson Academy and being there to uphold the standards and passing on her knowledge and experience to the new recruits of S.H.I.E.L.D., I felt that was very apropos for May. And to be single.

Cordova-Buckley: I thought it was appropriate for Yo-Yo to become a leader of her own squad. And she's kind of been building up to that position and she's finally there and she's happy with who she's with — the president and the first lady.

Simmons: I was a little bit surprised because I thought that we would see everyone in their private lives quite honestly, moving on from S.H.I.E.L.D. I liked the fact that we still continue to fight for justice. It's weird because we're all kind of in separate places. But I guess that is a nod to life itself because it's very rare where individuals working collectively towards something stay together forever.

De Caestecker: [Quoting Henstridge] It’s kind of a fitting end, but the beginning of something as well, the beginning of another life for them.

Henstridge: It was a lovely ending for them, and it helped to explain why Fitz was away and it had to be something bigger than them, and for them, that would be their daughter. And it was just so lovely to get to play characters that at the start were just kind of doing everything they could not to think of each other romantically, to ending at Season 7 with them having this daughter that they've both laid their lives on the line for. 

Ward: The only thing [Deke] ever wanted was a family, and saying goodbye to that family is the most selfless and good thing he could have done. And it was pretty cool, I feel like, to get to leave him with that and for him to be strong enough to do it by himself and to say goodbye and sacrifice himself for those people.

Deke also proved selfless in just wanting Daisy to be happy, even if it wasn’t with him.
Ward: That was a really cool thing, too, because Chloe and I were talking about it and it feels like there are so many of us, that you don't get the girl, and you can have this huge journey with a person and really be in love with them, and most of the time it does not happen that way. I thought it was a really cool indication of the heroic moment for the guy who doesn't get the girl.
Clark Gregg also mentioned that he was glad that Daisy ended up with the "stud muffin" Sousa. Did any of them have unfulfilled hopes for their characters? 
Cordova-Buckley: I always wanted her father to be mentioned... he’s such a great character in the comic books, and I always sort of was so interested because he's not just a person with superpowers. He turns into a full gargoyle-looking, flying lion. But it was never done.

Simmons: Initially when they paired Mack and Yo-Yo together, I thought they were going to make my character Stonewall, who was part of the Secret Avengers... I’m glad they didn't give me a superpower. I like the fact that I'm a normal guy in these unusual situations where you don't know if you're going to win.

Wen: I didn't get to hang out with Thor. I mean as the character.
Bennet: I think the goodbye was very typical S.H.I.E.L.D. fashion, which is like, it's goodbye, but it's not. It's goodbye, but we're all going to still talk and when you see us talking and... I think I have mixed emotions about how much we captured that, really. I think I can't really look at it without being a little biased in that I wanted a little bit more of a goodbye with each character on screen. We had a lot of time loop stuff to figure out. So it's goodbye, but it isn't. Kind of.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. SERIES FINALE MAY HAVE SET UP AN AVENGERS 5 PLOTLINE
MAE ABDULBAKI     AUGUST 13, 2020
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/agents-of-shield-series-finale-ending-explained-sword 

It’s very possible that Daisy and co. are the first agents of S.W.O.R.D. (aka, the Sentient World Observation and Response Department). The space agency is technically another branch of S.H.I.E.L.D., which was set up to protect Earth from any extraterrestrial threats. Daisy, Coulson, and the gang have already dealt with their fair share of aliens. They’ve battled Chronicoms, the Kree, and interacted with a few alien species in Season 6 while looking for Fitz in space.

There have already been inklings of S.W.O.R.D.’s presence in Marvel's movies. The mid-credits scene from Spider-Man: Far From Home indicated that Nick Fury was off-world overseeing the building of the agency’s headquarters in space. That revelation came with the knowledge that Fury was being impersonated by a Skrull (on his authority). Meanwhile, set photos from the Disney+ series WandaVision also revealed that S.W.O.R.D would be involved, somehow. It’s looking more likely that the alien task force will play a big role in the MCU as it heads into Phase Four.

Perhaps Daisy will shepherd in a new era for the MCU and lead S.W.O.R.D. in not only defending Earth from alien threats but also in intergalactic outreach. After all, Daisy mentioned that Sousa kept calling them “Astro Ambassadors.” It’s possible they will be making first contact with aliens and exploring “strange new worlds” a la Star Trek. There's also a chance that Daisy could serve in place of Abigail Brand, who is in charge of S.W.O.R.D. in the comics.
28344402-c33c-4bc1-951b-66c0f21ece89-swo

We’ve speculated that Avengers 5 will potentially deal with an otherworldly threat — the Black Order, Secret Wars, Secret Invasion, and other comics storylines involving space might be incorporated. If that winds up being the case, it would be pretty fantastic if Daisy dropped in to help the team as an alien expert. She’s also an incredibly powerful Inhuman, so her transition to the larger MCU would be warranted.

What’s more, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s executive producer Jeff Bell mentioned that the creative team had “tried S.W.O.R.D. early and we were shut down.” Meanwhile, series showrunner Jed Whedon would say “yes” to doing a S.W.O.R.D. spinoff. Knowing that S.W.O.R.D. was on their minds, it’s possible that sending Daisy to space to become an alien ambassador to Earth is the closest the Marvel series could get to finally including the agency. What that will mean for the MCU’s future is unclear, but it’s definitely a plot worth exploring.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Series Finale Mystery: Is [______] Now an Agent of S.W.O.R.D.?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 12 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/12/agents-of-shield-series-finale-daisy-outer-space-sword/ 

It is tempting to surmise that Daisy & Co. are now working for S.W.O.R.D., the Marvel comics entity that Nick Fury seemed to be starting up, alongside some Skrull, in a bonus scene from 2019’s Spider-Man: Far From Home. S.W.O.R.D. is also rumored to have some sort of presence in Disney+’s upcoming WandaVision series starring MCU vets Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany.
Some deft freeze-framing during Daisy’s final scene in the series finale, however, reveals that regular ol’ S.H.I.E.L.D. logos — no S.W.O.R.D. sword — are on the Zephyr’s seat backs and glass partitions. But maybe they just haven’t gotten around to ordering new furnishings…?

S.H.I.E.L.D. co-showrunner Jed Whedon said (joked?) at a press event this week that “yes,” he would be open to an Agents of S.W.O.R.D. follow-up — though as fellow executive producer Jeffrey Bell noted, “We tried S.W.O.R.D. early [in the series] and we were shut down.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Wen: I didn't get to hang out with Thor. I mean as the character.

❤ First, it's a call back to May's "Thor? He's dreamy" from a much earlier season. Or, perhaps Ming Na Wen is just like me and drools over the sight of Chris Hemsworth in his Thor costume. 😅

• Love 2

^ thanks for posting that. I love how it had the actors reactions to the lines. Mainly "come on it says fondly" and Greg's reaction to driving off in Lola :). I too would watch the whole episode. But I'd imagine that would be pretty long as I'm sure they had to reread stuff. Nah, I'd still watch it ;).

• Love 1

Top moments from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!
Marvel Entertainment    Aug 12, 2020

Saying Goodbye to FitzSimmons on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Marvel Entertainment    Aug 13, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bosses Explain What They Would Do Differently, The Characters' Endings And More
LAURA HURLEY    AUG. 14. 2020 
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2552547/agents-of-shield-bosses-explain-what-they-would-do-differently-the-characters-endings-and-more 

The showrunners spoke with CinemaBlend and other press outlets about the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series finale. They shared what they would have done differently if they could, the characters' endings, and more. Interestingly, what they would do differently has nothing to do with plot twists or storylines, but something far more practical. They said:

Jed Whedon: "I wish we'd had a million more dollars in VFX every episode."

Jeffrey Bell: "Yes. I wish we didn't live in so many corridors because we had no money."

Maurissa Tancharoen: "Everyone's like, 'Why are they back in these gray halls?'"

Jed Whedon: "'We can't afford red paint!'

Jeffrey Bell: "The great thing about being in space is you don't have to go on location because we can't afford to go on location."
All of this said, Maurissa Tancharoen elaborated on the ending of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and why they accomplished what they needed to with the finale:

"But as far as where we leave the characters, I feel that what we had intended is definitely what we pursued. And in the whole experience of the show, seven seasons is a long time to be working on the show, to be invested in these characters, to be living in this story, as well as in the production aspect of things, our relationships with each other, the writers, our relationships with the actors, and everybody involved in the show. The emotional context of saying goodbye to this experience is definitely something that's reflected in where we leave our characters at the end of the show. So it is very personal to us."
Maurissa Tancharoen elaborated on how S.H.I.E.L.D. ended for the characters who made it back to their original timeline:

"And I do think there's a sense of hope for what's to come for each of them. Especially that we see them, the time jump one year ahead and that they're already established in their new lives. But then there's still a longing for what was and I think that will always be there, that bond between them will always be there. So hopefully that sort of hits home at the end for you guys."
The showrunners went on to address the process of deciding how the series would end for the characters, with Jed Whedon saying:

"I don't remember struggling with that too much. I mean, it was fun. One of the things that's fun about that, and it's the same feeling we would have at the beginning of seasons, especially coming off of a time travel [season], I mean, you can tell from the first half that episode it was like, 'There's so many moving parts to this time thing. My brain is gonna explode!' And this was just blue sky, what could it be? Just fun to think about and so there are tons of great options and we sort of tried to put everybody in a different feeling thing and then in a different place and separate them as much as possible. But I don't remember struggling with that. I think that was more just the fun of the end."
Maurissa Tancharoen explained one ending in particular that really made sense for them:

"I think it made perfect sense to us that May would be a teacher at Coulson Academy. All of that just sums up her relationship with Coulson… The reluctant teacher. She has always been the wise teacher amongst the group, the sort of mother figure, and also just to put her with Coy [Stewart, who played Flint] at the end there and just knowing that she is helping to foster the lives of all these potential agents. That just made beautiful sense to us."
That said, the characters who got the most peaceful ending in terms of S.H.I.E.L.D. were arguably the two who deserved it the most: FItzSimmons, who are clearly no longer cursed! Jed Whedon explained why they got their happy ending, and what led to Daisy's conclusion:

"I think for a long time, we had a sense that Fitz and Simmons would be sort of out of S.H.I.E.L.D. and living the simpler life while secretly working with Daisy on the side. And then in terms of space, one of the things about that was that what we loved when we went to space... that feeling of just, especially as our budget constraints became a real concern, it made [the show] feel vast at a time when that was hard to do. And so we wanted someone to be out exploring that, and it felt right to put [Daisy] in there, having the Zephyr, sort of in command."
Two heroes didn't retire from field work, but that didn't mean anything unfortunate, as Maurissa Tancharoen noted:

"And then it's clear that Mack and Yo-Yo are still together in a relationship and working with one another and proud of one another. And yeah, it all makes sense."
Of course, one member of the team couldn't make it to the reunion at the end of the finale, and his fate was one that required some discussion among the showrunners. They explained:

Jeffrey Bell: "The one thing we talked a little bit about was leaving Deke behind, having him make what was truly a big sacrifice. But also we went, 'Yeah, it makes sense.'"

Maurissa Tancharoen: "Plus he's a rock god."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Performer of the Week: Elizabeth Henstridge
By Team TVLine / August 15 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/15/elizabeth-henstridge-agents-of-shield-series-finale-performance-jemma/ 

THE PERFORMER | Elizabeth Henstridge

THE SHOW | Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

THE EPISODE | “The End Is at Hand”/”What We’re Fighting For” (Aug. 12, 2020)

THE PERFORMANCE | In what turned out to be a masterful slow burn, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with its two-hour finale paid off a mystery that launched a season prior. And though fans of the oft-tested FitzSimmons relationship perhaps thought they were ready for it… they weren’t.

“I do have a secret. I can feel it,” Jemma declared early on in the series ender, as the memory inhibitor inside her bean began to dissolve. Of course, viewers have known since the end of Season 6 that there was something she was keeping from the rest of the team — specifically, about Fitz’s MIA status — for the safety of all (meaning mankind). And as the memory began sputtering out, bit by random bit (“Can keys sing?”), Henstridge mined those moments for a bit of comedy, including when Jemma coveted Daisy’s not-a-costume.
When Fitz eventually resurfaced, bigger chunks of Simmons’ lost time began flooding back, as he detailed their long-ago (though not) decision to leisurely construct a time machine and “live” a little along the way. But those answers spawned new questions for Jemma: “Why would we stay so long? Why would we do any of it?!” In expressing that confusion and frustration, Henstridge began building to the emotional climax to come.

“Fitz, I think I remember what we’re fighting for!,” Jemma would eventually trumpet, signaling that the most important lost memory — her and her husband’s everything, the star in their sky — had been found. As we in turn began to realize the incredible truth, Henstridge powerfully communicated the rush of feelings within Jemma. Relief. Joy. A mother’s love. All of which she would again, and literally, embrace once Jemma reunited with Alya, the child she and Fitz had to leave behind (if only for a long moment).

Should The 100's Bellamy Have Stayed Away? Does Stargirl Need Winter Suit? Selling Sunset Spinoff? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso and Charlie Mason / August 14 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/14/the-100-belllamy-returns-season-7-tv-questions-answers/ 

12 | Why did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Deke have to stay behind in the 1980s to operate the quantum realm gizmo? (Out of that bar full of trained agents, was there not one he could have taught to flip the switch?) Speaking of the quantum realm, is it safe to say that Fitz streamed Avengers: Endgame and/or one of the Ant-Man movies during his alone-ish time with Jemma? Lastly, how many viewings of the series finale’s second hour did it take for you to fully understand where and when FitzSimmons went at the end of Season 6?

Edited by tv echo

There's a little more to this interview than what I quoted below...

‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Explain the Toughest (and Easiest) Choices Made for the Series Finale
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      AUGUST 12, 2020
https://collider.com/agents-of-shield-series-finale-ending-explained-interview/

If we could see these characters, even further into the future, more than just one year later, who do you think would be the most different from where we see them at the end of the finale? And who do you think would be exactly the same?
WHEDON: I think [FitzSimmons’ daughter] would probably be the most different ‘cause she’s going to grow up.

BELL: That’s actually a great question.

TANCHAROEN: Yeah, I love that question.

WHEDON: I think that May is definitely in a new place. I don’t think she’ll ever change that much, but she’s definitely doing something she never would have done.

TANCHAROEN: I would love to see her years later, well into her professor life, and seeing how that changes her. We also thought that was the perfect end, for her to go on and be the teacher that she basically has always been.

BELL: My thought is Daisy. If you look, just over the seven years, her name was Skye, she had really pretty hair, and she lived in a van. Just in the seven years, she’s gone from that outsider to someone who’s part of a team to a leader of a team, and now she’s out in space. She’s still a very young person, and I could see her growing and developing into even more of a leader, and changing and really finding herself. So, that’s my thought. And also, she’s got a guy that she didn’t have before and a sister that she didn’t have before, so I think those will be huge influences, as well.

Are there any deleted scenes from the finale that you hope will see the light of day?
WHEDON: There’s 20 minutes that no one will ever see. Most of those were just unforgettable, humorous lines. No. There’s some stuff, but it won’t see the light of day.

BELL: Did we lose any whole scenes?

WHEDON: We lost some scenes. There was a lot of fight stuff that we lost. We really tried to preserve the end, and that end had to breathe, and have time to sit and be quiet and awkward. Everything leading up to that goes [very quickly]. There were some details, in the tying up of the time loose ends.

BELL: There were more connective pieces, at one time, that had to go for the amount of space that we had.

WHEDON: There was the origin, in Episode 712, of the whole putting together of the machine. But we think what you will remember, hopefully, is the feeling you’re left with in that last scene. That was the thing that we tried most to preserve, and that’s intact.

TANCHAROEN: That’s why 20 minutes went away

It’s nice that we get to see these glimpses into FitzSimmons, and Daisy and Sousa, and Mack and Yo-Yo. Because it’s bittersweet that the team can’t be together, was it important to you to show that these couples stayed intact?
WHEDON: We didn’t want to break them up.

TANCHAROEN: In the case of Fitz and Simmons, they deserve that happy ending that you finally see because we tortured them long enough.

WHEDON: And that kid will never know. That kid will be like, “Why don’t I have more stuff?” And they’ll be like, “You don’t know what we went through!” The one couple that isn’t really together, at the end, is May and Coulson, and that was another thing to find. We talked about this ending of, at some point and some level, you feel like they’re meant to be together and they’ll always have this special bond.

TANCHAROEN: There’s so much depth to the love that they have for each other that it doesn’t necessarily need to carry on in a romantic way. It’s something that they will hold, to themselves and in their hearts, forever. It’s very clear, when Coulson’s speaking in that last scene — the way May looks at him, she’s resolved in what their relationship is now, who he is now. That’s really who she will always love. And then, also, her going on to teach at Coulson Academy, she’s carrying on his legacy.

BELL: One of the things that surprised me a little bit was that the show was this big action, space, emotional thing, but it was never about relationships or, “Oh, I hope I meet a guy and fall in love.” All of our characters were interesting and whole on their own. And yet, in addition to that, they found the people they were supposed to be with. Mack and Yo-Yo found each other. Although they were complete on their own, it was really lovely, the way they were able to come together. And it was the same with Daisy and Sousa. She was really the one who had several relationships, over the years, and people would either die or get arrested, or something terrible would happen. So, we were happy to give her that. We also gave her a sister, which I think was equally important. And then, FitzSimmons are the forever love, so that had to happen.

You guys have talked about how an ‘80s S.H.I.E.L.D. run by a rock star Deke, as well as Daisy in space, would make great comics. Is that something that’s in the works? Are those stories that you hope to see continuing?
WHEDON: We would love it. We are not, ourselves, doing it, but we would love for that to continue in the comics. I think anybody who’s in charge of such things would be foolish not to make those into wonderful comics.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The 10 Best Episodes of Agents of SHIELD
By JAMIE JIRAK - August 15, 2020 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-10-best-episodes-of-agents-of-shield-video/

1. "Self Control" (Season 4, Episode 15)
That brings us to the top spot on our list, season four’s “Self Control.” Written and directed by Jed Whedon, this iconic episode follows Jemma and Daisy as they slowly discover their friends have all been replaced by LMDs. “Self Control” features some epic moments like Daisy discovering a room full of LMD versions of herself and Jemma’s confrontation with LMD Fitz. It’s also an emotional one. Daisy and Jemma realizing that they’re both real is a moment that makes us cry every single time, and LMD May’s sacrifice was an important turning point in the powerful Philinda arc.

“Self Control” stands out in what’s already the show’s strongest season. From the seamless transition from Ghost Rider to LMDs to the Framework, this list easily could have been ten episodes from season four. However, it’s the "Self Control" ending that makes it the ultimate winner of the series. The reveal that the team has become Hydra in the Framework is unmatched and sets up the show’s greatest arc.

10. "Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson" (Season 6, Episode 3 )
9. "The Real Deal" (Season 5, Episode 12 )
8. “The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and the D” (Season 7, Episode 7)
7. “Inescapable” (Season 6, Episode 6)
6. "The End" (Season 5, Episode 22)
6. "The End" (Season 5, Episode 22)
4. “As I Have Always Been” (Season 7, Episode 9)
3. “Turn, Turn, Turn,” (Season 1, Episode 17)
2. “4,722 Hours” (Season 3, Episode 5)
1. "Self Control" (Season 4, Episode 15)

Edited by tv echo

This is amazing (fan-made video)...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Endgame-Style Credits
Sanctuaria     May 22, 2020

Thank you to the cast, crew, and everyone involved in the creation of this amazing show for seven wonderful years.

Video was created using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects in about 80 hours of work time over five days. Images were edited using Adobe Photoshop Elements and Krita, and cast signatures were taken from my signed poster from SDCC 2018. All music, video clips, and images belong to their respective owners, and no copyright infringement is intended under the "Fair Use" clause of the DMCA regarding transformative works.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

EH's final live-watch of AoS...

Live with YOU! AGENTS OF SHIELD SERIES FINALE
Elizabeth Henstridge   Streamed live on Aug 12, 2020

Watch Marvel's Agents of Shield SERIES FINALE Live with me! And some friends.... 

WOW. JUST WOW. THIS WAS SO SO SPECIAL. 
We haaaaaad.......
712: Our beyond wonderful co-showrunner and writer JEFF BELL. Director and Head of PostProduction, CHRIS CHERAMIE, insanely talented and wildly brilliant composer BEAR McCREARY [check out his youtube channel!] aaaaand the amazing, effervescent cast
THOMAS E SULLIVAN [Mallick 🌪], DIANE DOAN [Kora 🔥], TAMARA TAYLOR [Sibyl 🎲]

713: Real life FitzSimmons and co-showrunners MAURISSA TANCHAROEN and JED WHEDON. The truly amazing director of this episode but also director of the most episodes of aos KEVIN TANCHAROEN. Vfx master MARK KOLPACK and my sister and brother, CHLOE BENNET [QUAKE] and JEFF WARD [DEKE].... and a special appearance from..... IDC aka IAIN DE CAESTECKER [FIIIITZ] 🍋

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU. YOU YOU YOU. To see your faces - I have goosebumps just writing this, oh - and here the tears come! That was so so so special, thank you for this gift. We owe you everything. For those that couldn't get on, we still feel the love!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Really, “The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and the D” as one of the top ten best episodes? I had it in my top nine worst episodes (top nine because I genuinely couldn't find 10 I felt comfortable putting on the list).

• Love 2

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Reflect on Their Sousa Fake-Out, Why 'Unlikely Match' With Daisy Proved Peachy
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 16 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/16/agents-of-shield-series-finale-daisy-sousa-happy-ending/ 

If you thought that Agent Carter alum Enver Gjokaj would only be making a glorified cameo during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s final season, that misdirect was 100-percent on purpose.

“The plan was always for him to come on for more than one [episode] but to make it feel like [just] one, so that we could surprise people,” exec producer Jeffrey Bell told TVLine at a press event for the series finale.

Because of Season 7’s time travel element, “it made sense to us to have Sousa, who is a ‘man out of time,’ coming along for the ride,” said co-showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen. “We get a lot of fish-out-of-water, funny, generational, tech [humor].” (To cite but one example, per co-showrunner Jed Whedon, “You get a guy who says, ‘It’s peachy’!”)
“We instantly fell in love with the concept during the season of bringing him in and letting him play with us for a little bit,” Whedon recalled. “But one of the good things about TV is you can make decisions as you move.

“We were hopeful that [Daisy and Sousa] would have chemistry, and we felt like we could write Sousa into a place, and her into a place, that felt like it would be organic to them,” he continued. “Seeing them on-screen and seeing them play, we were pretty confident that it would work.”
The trick was “finding the angle, because they don’t, on paper, seem compatible,” Whedon observed. “She’s always calling him a dork and just kind of laughing at him. But he’s so solid and so confident in liking strong women and all that, it just felt great. So we were happy with that.”

“They were a very unlikely match, but we knew that it would work,” said Tancharoen. Added Bell: “The chemistry was even more than we’d hoped.”
“Not only was there chemistry between Daisy and Sousa, but Sousa and Mack (Henry Simmons),” Tancharoen noted. “Those are some of my favorite scenes, specifically in Mr. Bell’s episode” — the first hour of the series finale, which Bell wrote.

“They were fun to write in [Episode] 12, putting those two together,” added Bell. “It was great.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: 8 best episodes of the series
by Christina Roberts   August 20, 2020
https://culturess.com/2020/08/20/marvels-agents-shield-8-best-episodes-series/

Without further ado, here are our picks for the eight best episodes of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. We’ve done them in season order because it’s too hard to give them a ranking. Enjoy!

“Turn, Turn, Turn” – Season 1, Episode 17

You’d be hard-pressed to find a “best episodes” list that doesn’t include the hour where everything started to make sense. Premiering the week after Captain America: The Winter Soldier hit theaters, fans tuned in to figure out how the fall of SHIELD would tie into the show completely based around the agency.

“Turn, Turn, Turn” – Season 1, Episode 17
“What They Become” – Season 2, Episode 10
“4,722 Hours” – Season 3, Episode 5
“Parting Shot” – Season 3, Episode 13
“What If…” – Season 4, Episode 16
“Rewind” – Season 5, Episode 5
“Inescapable” – Season 6, Episode 6
“As I Have Always Been” – Season 7, Episode 9

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yeah, those are all hot contenders...the only surprise is the lack of Self Control on the list, but I guess everyone would pick either that one or "What if" and not both, in order to keep the list variable.

• Love 1

Since some people are doing rewatch I just wanted to note that Elizabeth is planning to livestream every episode. It’ll take about two years to get through every episode. Last week J. August Richards joined for the pilot and this week Brett Dalton was there for episode 1x02. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

31 Of The Best TV Couple Moments That Don't Feature The Words "I Love You"
Nora Dominick    September 4, 2020
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/best-tv-couple-moments-without-i-love-you 

7. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when Fitz gave Simmons the oxygen mask when they were about to die.
sub-buzz-8554-1598972441-13.jpg?downsize 

29 Actors Whose Crying On A TV Show Was So Raw And Authentic, They Deserved An Award
Nora Dominick   September 5, 2020
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-actors-deserved-award-for-crying 

14. Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
sub-buzz-12548-1599146268-4.jpg?downsize 
"Elizabeth Henstridge on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets me every damn time. It was always so real and raw, and she just NAILS it!"

—reaganw02

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Starfury Facebook Live Q&A with Briana Venskus
Starfuy Conventions    Streamed live on Sep 11, 2020

Briana is known to all superhero fans for her roles as Agent Piper on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Agent Vasquez on Supergirl. She has also starred on The Walking Dead, Sorry For Your Loss, Nashville, and more!

Edited by tv echo

The Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, and More
BY LINDSAY MACDONALD    SEP 11, 2020 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-netflix-hulu-amazon/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Where to Watch: Netflix, Hulu

If you've ever found yourself watching a superhero film and thinking, "Man the people who have to clean up this mess of a city after Thor is done with it sure have it rough," you should definitely check out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Set in the Marvel universe, this series follows the government agency that often teams up with the Avengers and their daily missions that don't require "the big guns." It's a wacky little series that seems to reinvent itself every season, and it's the perfect blend of high stakes and humor.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Exact day/time TBA...

New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con's Metaverse, October 8-11, 2020
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ 
https://www.findthemetaverse.com/schedule 

Free panels will be available on all days of New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse on YouTube.com/NYCC starting October 8 - just bookmark this page.

Missed a panel? Head to YouTube.com/NYCC to catch up on panels you may have missed from ReedPop’s Metaverse in August, and make sure you smash that subscribe button on our YouTube page to get notified of new vids!
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Seven Seasons of Amazing Gear & Gadgets with Prop Master, Scott Bauer and Live Auction Preview
Prop Store is bringing over 500 lots of original props and costumes from all seven seasons of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to an online auction this October 8th to November 10th (go to Propstore.com/Marvel for more information). Join series Prop Master, Scott Bauer, as he talks about his experiences working on Marvel Television's longest running television series and as he reveals the stories behind some of his favorite pieces in the auction.

Edited by tv echo

Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Elizabeth Henstridge Talks The 'Hopeful' Ending, Revisiting S.H.I.E.L.D. And More
LAURA HURLEY   OCT. 1. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2555994/agent-of-shields-elizabeth-henstridge-talks-the-hopeful-ending-revisiting-shield-and-more 

... The end of S.H.I.E.L.D. as the very first live-action Marvel TV show marked the end of an era, and Henstridge spoke with CinemaBlend about how the series wrapped, revisiting S.H.I.E.L.D., and her charity work with Smile Train alongside fiancé Zach Abel.

Elizabeth Henstridge shared the importance of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. delivering the kind of ending that it did in 2020, saying:

"I mean, I love the ending. I think it's great that it was hopeful and happy and still had some kind of questions there. Coulson still had his existential questions. But I just loved it. When we did Season 5, [the finale] was called 'The End.' And that was definitely a more morose ending to the show and was extremely painful to shoot. And so it was a nice contrast to the Season 7 ending. Without spoiling anything, because it still hasn't been on in Europe yet, but to end on such a positive note, with hope. I think that the reason the show was so popular is that there was always hope at the center of it. And you know, one of Mack's lines -- Henry Simmons, who's just an amazing actor -- one of his lines was around hope and how you just have to hold on to it. And don't let go. And I think that was kind of the finale personified. That felt really special."
As fans know, however, Elizabeth Henstridge has been revisiting the earlier days of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with YouTube watchalongs, inviting viewers along on a blast to the past. Those live videos have not only delivered some new and fun S.H.I.E.L.D. content, but also opened Henstridge up to live video online, which will soon come in handy with a virtual event for the Smile Train charity. She explained why she started doing live videos in the first place:

"So I've been doing my Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. watchalongs. And I started when Season 7 was airing, and it really came from, you know, we're all on lockdown… I think 2020 has been such a moment to reflect for basically everybody in the world. And it just made me realize how privileged I was. And we are, to know so many amazing people in the film industry. I really wanted a space to be able to share the stories of everybody that has worked on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and what that process is like, and hopefully to inspire people to be able to do it too. And not just in front of the camera, but behind the camera. And even if somebody doesn't aspire to work in the film industry, I think a lot of the stories that we're able to share on the live watchalongs hopefully inspire people just to kind of go after their dreams, regardless of what it is."
Who knows how well Episode 6 (which both Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker described as "a turning point" for FitzSimmons and S.H.I.E.L.D.) will do? Henstridge reacted to the success of her YouTube videos, which often feature fiancé Zach Abel as well, and shared some of the joy of working with Smile Train on the mission to help children with cleft lip and palate receive the treatment they need. She said:

"So I just I've been absolutely bowled over with the feedback and how popular they've been. And that does really feel like there's a thirst for positivity and practical ways to help people accomplish something that may feel impossible now more than ever. And so yeah, now we've started going back and watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Season 1, and it's going to be a podcast now too. That's kind of how it came about. And it's a huge reason why we love Smile Train too. Because behind it all is something as simple as a smile, and what that can bring. And just that one smile, what that can change and the positivity that that can create."

Elizabeth Henstridge along with Zach Abel will host the pre-show for the upcoming World Smile Day Live: A Virtual Celebration with the goal of raising awareness and funds for Smile Train... all from Abel's parents' basement! The event, which is open to registration here, will be hosted by Ciara and feature appearances from celebrities like Gabrielle Union-Wade, Kevin Smith, Christie Brinkley and more. The couple teased what's in store with the event:

Elizabeth Henstridge: "I don't want to spoil too much. I think having Ciara as the as the host, that we're kind of the lead-in to is just crazy. The thought of us in Zach's parents basement, like teeing it up to Ciara is just like... I mean, that's nuts. [laughs] And then, you know, there's gonna be some surprise appearances."

Zach Abel: "This is the first time that we're co-hosting something. So I think we're really excited. I think it's gonna be fun. And we know the Smile Train people so well. We're just excited for a good positive experience, because so much in this year hasn't been, so we're just excited to kind of contribute in whatever way we can."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

50 best season finales in TV history
WRITTEN BY ABBY MONTEIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
https://stacker.com/stories/4549/50-best-season-finales-tv-history 

To find the best TV finales, Stacker compiled data on every TV finale with more than 750 votes on IMDb, then ranked them according to IMDb user score. Ties were broken by the number of votes, and miniseries and documentary series were not included. However, midseason premieres that were followed by large gaps in their air date, such as “Mad Men” season seven, were included.

This data, compiled by Stacker on Sept. 15, 2020, includes 50 episodes from 35 different television shows. So sit back, grab a refreshment and some popcorn, and read on to see if your favorite season ending made the list. Beginning at #50 and counting down to #1, here are the best TV finales of all time.
#42. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S.O.S.: Part 2

- IMDb user rating: 9.4
- IMDb user votes: 3,990
- Season 2, Episode 22
- Air date: May 12, 2015
- Director: Billy Gierhart

In the second half of the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” season two finale, Phil Coulson and his team fight to bring S.H.I.E.L.D. operative Skye back after a race of altered, superhuman people called the Inhumans take her prisoner. The Inhumans plan to use terrigen crystals in order to suddenly reveal all the Inhumans on Earth, and kill all ordinary humans around them.
#34. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - What We’re Fighting For

- IMDb user rating: 9.5
- IMDb user votes: 1,494
- Season 7, Episode 13
- Air date: Aug. 12, 2020
- Director: Kevin Tancharoen

In the series finale of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” the agents wage their final battle against the Chronicoms, a semi-robotic alien race that has stranded them in time. The creatures hope to occupy Earth by creating a new reality where S.H.I.E.L.D. never existed.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

You can now watch this AoS virtual panel (with the show's prop master Scott Bauer) from NYCC that premiered on Oct. 9...

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Seven Seasons of Amazing Gear & Gadgets + Live Auction Preview
New York Comic Con   Oct 9, 2020

Best TV Villains, Ranked: 50 Baddies From Alias, Vampire Diaries, Dynasty, Game of Thrones, Arrow and More
By Vlada Gelman, Michael Ausiello, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso and Charlie Mason / October 31 2020
https://tvline.com/feature/best-tv-villains-list-photos-1234589875/ 

Note: We limited our picks to just one villain per series, which certainly wasn’t an easy task when it came to the plentiful options on Game of Thrones. That said, one actor is so good at being bad that he appears on our ranking twice, for two very different roles!

https://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-villains-ranked-photos/best-tv-villains-hive-agents-of-shield/ 

34. Hive, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
We’ll always have a soft spot for OG baddie John Garrett, but Hive was pure nightmare fuel. A body-snatching parasite akin to John Carpenter’s The Thing, this Inhuman was so powerful that it long ago had been banished to the planet Maveth. But when a Kree monolith plopped Coulson and others to Maveth, Hive plotted to take Earth by storm — and reignite HYDRA’s fire — in the guise of bad penny Grant Ward. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Year in Review: The 22 Moments ('Destiel'! McDreamy! Riker and Troi!) TV Fans Had Been Waiting For
By Kimberly Roots / December 13 2020
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-shows-best-fan-service-2020-supernatural-greys-anatomy/

S.H.I.E.L.D.'S OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD FINISH
YIR-fan-service-agents-of-shield.jpg?w=6

So many boxes were checked as ABC’s Marvel series wrapped its run. FitzSimmons had/have a beautiful daughter! May is now teaching at a S.H.I.E.L.D. academy, which is named after Coulson! Coulson himself was reunited with L.O.L.A.! And hopefully the most prescient of all, Daisy might — just might — be working for a beta version of S.W.O.R.D.! (Season 7, Episode 13)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The A.V. Club’s favorite TV episodes of 2020
The A.V. Club    December 12, 2020
https://tv.avclub.com/the-a-v-club-s-favorite-episodes-of-2020-1845844845

The A.V. Club’s end-of-year coverage is officially underway—check out our picks for the best movie trailers and film scenes. Before our best TV shows list arrives next week, we’re looking back at our favorite episodes of the year with this week’s AVQ&A:

https://tv.avclub.com/the-a-v-club-s-favorite-episodes-of-2020-1845844845/slides/15

15/16 ... Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., “As I Have Always Been”
Like Sam, my pick is from an often overshadowed, but ultimately beloved ensemble superhero show with an iconic comic book imprint in its title. Of course, I’m talking about Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., specifically the ninth episode of the show’s final season, “As I Have Always Been.” The “time loop episode” is a well-worn trope in genre television that has proven to be a creative boon for many of the shows that attempt it (hello again, Legends). Thankfully, S.H.I.E.L.D. knocks it out of the park with its take, deftly balancing a deluge of exposition with an economical edit, and some of the season’s most affecting moments. Plus, it’s funny as all hell. [Baraka Kaseko]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Sarah’s Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV Shows of 2020
December 15, 2020  Sarah Fields
https://telltaletv.com/2020/12/sarahs-top-10-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-tv-shows-of-2020/ 

Here, in no particular order, are my top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV shows of 2020 (a warning: some mild spoilers ahead).
9. Agents of Shield (ABC)
There are few things more satisfying than when a long-running show sticks the landing, and that’s exactly what Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D did in its seventh season. 

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is one of the first of a flurry of high profile superhero shows ushered to the small screen in the wake of the success of Marvel’s first Avengers movie. It seems fitting to say goodbye to Coulson and his team as the Marvel cinematic universe transition into its next incarnation. 

And what a lovely good by it is. All the characters get the happy endings they deserve after everything they’ve been through together in a season that focuses on the themes we’ve come to cherish about the show. These include themes like found family, tenacity in the face of impossible odds, and heroism.

The creators also weren’t afraid to shake things up. The season veers a bit from its normal format to become a time-hopping adventure through the past. Along the way, they pay tribute to movies and pop culture of each of the decades they land in, making it an exceptionally imaginative and fun season as well.

It’s always hard to say goodbye to characters we’ve loved for years, but when the goodbye is done right it’s a little easier. Plus this is Marvel, after all, so maybe we’ll see some of our favorites pop up somewhere else sometime soon.

Breeze’s Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV Series of 2020
December 13, 2020Breeze Riley
https://telltaletv.com/2020/12/breezes-top-10-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-tv-series-of-2020/ 

In no particular order, here are my Top 10 Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV series of 2020.
4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. delivers one of its best with its seventh and final season. From wacky time travel hijinks to deeply emotional character moments to explosive action, the season has everything you could want.  

Picking up where Season 6 left off, the show has plenty of surprises left, even dipping into alternate timelines. The season also pays tribute to past seasons by bringing back younger versions of characters. It even adds in Agent Carter’s Daniel Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) as a nice nod to the broader Marvel TV universe. 

While the door is technically still open to future adventures, the finale includes an epilogue that gives us the chance to see where our favorite characters end up and a moment to say goodbye. I enjoyed seeing the team get happy endings, especially the often tortured couple of Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) and Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker).

Ending a long-running show is always hard since expectations are always high. Kudos to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-showrunners Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon for managing to stick to their vision while also satisfying fans. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Year in Review: Underrated Actors, Best Episodes, Saddest Cancellation, Most Unnecessary Death and More
By Team TVLine / December 10 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/12/10/tv-shows-2020-best-worst-moments-ncis-superstore/ 
https://tvline.com/gallery/2020-tv-shows-best-worst-moments-photos/agents-of-shield-enoch-dies/?ref=https://tvline.com/2020/12/10/tv-shows-2020-best-worst-moments-ncis-superstore/ 

Best Death Scene
Enoch, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Year in Review: Best Couples, Worst Breakup, Wasted Guest Stars, Fiercest Feuds, Wildest Fight Scene and More
By Team TVLine / December 11 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/12/11/best-worst-tv-shows-moments-2020-lucifer-this-is-us/ 
https://tvline.com/gallery/2020-best-worst-tv-moments-photos/agents-of-shield-daisy-sousa-2/?ref=https://tvline.com/2020/12/11/best-worst-tv-shows-moments-2020-lucifer-this-is-us/

Most Unexpected Couple
Daisy and Sousa, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1