Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 100th Episode celebration | EXCLUSIVE Set visit
Published on Nov 30, 2017, by FilmIsNow Movie Bloopers & Extras

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 100th Episode Cast Interviews (HD)
Published on Mar 9, 2018, by TV Promos

• Love 1

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Wedding Secrets: Elizabeth Henstridge Shares Who Kept Tearing Up, and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 12 2018, 7:49 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/03/12/agents-of-shield-fitzsimmons-wedding-secrets-elizabeth-henstridge/

Elizabeth Henstridge first learned that Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was heading for a very special wedding when her wardrobe for the ABC series suddenly got very… specific.

“I found out when I had a fitting and there were wedding dresses hanging up,” Simmons’ portrayer shares with TVLine. “I thought, ‘OK — I hope I’m marrying Fitz!'”

Indeed it was the awaited and dare-to-hope-for FitzSimmons wedding that she was dressing up for, to take place in no less than S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s milestone 100th episode. Once Henstridge, her leading man Iain de Caestecker and their castmates were clued in, it was simply a matter of keeping the big day on the down low from other prying eyes. (Just ask Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity how easily an outdoor ceremony can get spoiled by lookie-loos with iPhones!)
“We filmed the wedding at Disney Ranch [in Placerita Canyon], so it was not open to the public,” Henstridge explains. Plus, “We had all our best Marvel guys on it, to make sure it stayed a nice surprise!”
“Chloe [Bennet, who plays Daisy] and I joked before that she would be my bridesmaid, so I loved that she was! We both kept tearing up when I handed her the bouquet. So silly!” recalls Henstridge. Surveying the ceremony as a whole, “I loved that everyone was involved,” she says. “Coulson doing the ceremony…. And the juxtaposition of Deke and Deathlok as two dudes at a wedding was just so perfect.”
would deftly set up the reveal that the former is in fact FitzSimmons’ grandson — dovetailing very nicely with the part of Jemma’s wedding vows which spoke of “building a family.” Had Henstridge and de Caestecker, like some fans, correctly speculated that the face from the future was their progeny?

“Iain and I had a theory, but no one would ever confirm it — despite our best efforts!” says Henstridge. But now that the truth is out, “I love that plot twist, and it makes for some really fun moments coming up.”

(ABC Television Network)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Talk How ‘Infinity War’ Might Affect The ABC Marvel Series – Wondercon
by Dino-Ray Ramos   March 24, 2018 
http://deadline.com/2018/03/agents-of-shield-wondercon-infinty-war-marvel-chloe-bennet-ming-na-wen-1202352936/

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel at Wondercon was different from other some of its past appearances at past cons. For the first time at any confab, S.H.I.E.L.D. mainstay Clark Gregg was not present on the panel as he was in D.C. for March for Our Lives — but he did send a message to the fans via video. In addition, instead of starting off the panel with prepared questions, moderator Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, turned it to the audience to ask questions for more than 40 minutes after sharing a sizzle reel of a look back at the ABC Marvel drama, which is currently in its fifth season.

It turned into true fan event as the panel fielded questions about the show and set antics. Loeb was joined on stage by showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, executive producer Jeff Bell and actors Jeff Ward, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, Henry Simmons, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Ming Na Wen, and Chloe Bennet. All was fun and then it turned serious when a fan stepped up to the mic and asked about how the ultimate Marvel movie Avengers Infinity War would affect the show.

“If you watched the trailer, a lot of sh*t goes down!” exclaimed Whedon. “These are the kinds of questions we can do everything but answer.”

However, he did provide us with something to chew on. “The movies blaze a path,” he continued. “When Doctor Strange came out it introduced us to magic which gave us Ghost Rider; when [Guardians of the Galaxy] came out, we were introduced to space. We are waiting for that movie to come out so it can open a new playground for us.”

The loyal fans of the show continued to gush and continued to gush throughout the Q&A. At one point an audience member flat out asked Loeb, “Do you have anything new to show us?” And in another unprecedented move, Loeb shared the ending of the episode airing on March 30 which featured a big reveal between two of the major characters (which I will keep secret).

Loeb was right to make the panel very fan-driven as he continued to thank the audience for supporting the show for over 100 episodes. The Marvel series has always been on the bubble but has always managed to pull through — probably because of the rabid fan support. Even at the beginning of the panel, Loeb remained optimistic for future seasons of the series and led the audience in a chant of “WE WANT MORE!” in hopes that ABC will be listening. And based on the outpouring of fan love, it looks like it just might pull through for another season or two.

img-5160.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Marvel's Jeph Loeb on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Avengers: Infinity War - WonderCon 2018
Published on Mar 24, 2018, by Flickering Myth

Agents of SHIELD Jeff Ward, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Jeph Loeb Interview WonderCon 2018 HD
Published on Mar 24, 2018, by Seat42F

Agents Of SHIELD Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley Interview WonderCon 2018 HD
Published on Mar 24, 2018, by Seat42F

Agents of SHIELD Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge Interview WonderCon 2018 HD
Published on Mar 25, 2018, by Seat42F

• Love 2

Jeff Ward is just so excited to be at his first ever con, and it's cute how everyone teases him - parts of this panel are just hilarious...

Wondercon 2018 Agents of Shield Panel part 1
Published on Mar 26, 2018, by Daniel Alvarez

Wondercon 2018 Agents of Shield Panel part 2
Published on Mar 26, 2018, by Daniel Alvarez

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Network Renewals 2018: What’s Safe, What’s In Danger & What’s On The Bubble
by Nellie Andreeva • March 27, 2018 6:44pm
http://deadline.com/2018/03/network-renewals-agents-of-shield-izombie-scorpion-the-last-man-on-earth-bubble-1202352573/

We are on the cusp of the annual flurry of broadcast renewals and cancellations. CBS just kicked off the proceedings today with the first multiple renewals so far this season — for freshman dramas SEAL Team and S.W.A.T. Here is a look at the broadcast scripted series whose fate has not been determined yet, along with assessment of their chances. The assessment is done somewhat in a vacuum as some of the renewal decisions will depend on the strength of the networks’ pilots and a number of them will come down to a network’s ability to make a deal with an outside studio. You can stay up to date with the status of current TV series with Deadline’s Series Renewal Status Scorecard.
Of the other ABC dramas, The Mark Gordon Company/ABC Studios’ Designated Survivor continues to be helped by strong DVR lifts and a high-profile star, Kiefer Sutherland, and looks promising to return. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the bubble and could go either way. But it is the only chance for a Marvel series on ABC next fall as underwhelming freshman series Inhumans is considered dead. Despite its low live ratings, S.H.I.E.L.D. is a strong DVR gainer and an even stronger international seller for ABC Studios, as well as a marketing platform for Marvel, which should help its renewal prospects. Meanwhile, despite internal support, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (probably) won’t make it to a second season. Quantico’s third season is yet to premiere.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

They said the same thing last year but Disney had to come in and save the show from cancellation.

So the question is would Disney force another season, making up losses in America on ABC with foreign syndication sales? The Pacific Rim strategy brought down to TV. I guess that if the price can be kept lower than Shonda's there is a chance. However it would be another season filmed almost entirely in an old S.H.I.E.L.D base set and not The Avengers on a small screen that ABC and many fans hoped for.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:51 AM, Raja said:

So the question is would Disney force another season, making up losses in America on ABC with foreign syndication sales? The Pacific Rim strategy brought down to TV. I guess that if the price can be kept lower than Shonda's there is a chance. However it would be another season filmed almost entirely in an old S.H.I.E.L.D base set and not The Avengers on a small screen that ABC and many fans hoped for.

Who knows. ABC slashed the budget (allegedly) in half to $3 million and moved it on to Fridays. In my opinion, they should've never been given a 5th Season, to begin with but here we are. Personally, the question I want to know if Disney going to do the same thing again?

Here is an article describing the incident that Disney forced ABC to renew it:

Ever since Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was first announced, the question on everyone’s minds has been: when will ABC cancel it? Well, we finally have an answer: they’ll never cancel it, because Disney won’t let them.

buried at the bottom of a Variety report ABC’s upcoming TV prospects, and following talk about the drama between  is the revelation that ABC executives wanted to cancel the show, but Disney mandated that it continue:

Earlier this year, the mandate came down from Disney for ABC to renew its other Marvel drama, “Agents of SHIELD,” despite the desire by some at the network to end the series after four seasons. Having aired on Tuesdays since its inception, “SHIELD” is shifting to Friday nights this season when “Inhumans” finishes its initial eight-episode run.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted with over 12 million viewers in 2013, but by the first season finale, the audience was already less than half that. Ratings have declined steadily since then, ending around 2 million viewers at the end of Season 4.

Variety’s report also touched on friction between ABC and Marvel over Inhumans, which was so widely panned that it may have ruined the sweetheart IMAX deal that financed it for all other TV shows in the future.

The same level of enthusiasm does not, however, exist within many at ABC for “Inhumans.” Reviews thus far have been largely negative, reflecting the sentiment inside ABC.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns to TV late this year or early next year, after Inhumans has warmed up its Friday night time slot. Oof, that’s gonna be rough.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is regularly beat in both viewers and the 18-49 demographic by CW superhero shows like The Flash, despite airing on a real network. However, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. does reportedly do very well in the demographics of dogs whose owners left the television on while they went out because they didn’t want them to feel lonely, coma patients whose doctors want to provide their patience some, but not too much, stimulation, and shoppers in one Peoria, Illinois Walmart where employees lost all the TV remotes after tuning the televisions to ABC three years ago.

Bleeding Cool doesn’t know exactly how the conversation between Marvel, Disney, and ABC went in which Disney forced ABC to renew an underperforming series they wanted to cancel, but we’ve pieced togetherthe following dramatization:

Marvel: Mooooooooom! ABC wants to cancel our TV show!

Disney: ABC! Is this true?

ABC: But mom! The ratings are terrible.

Disney: Now that isn’t very nice. Marvel, let me see your report card. *looks over report card* Oh, ah, really? An 85% drop?

Marvel: But moooom! You promised!

Disney: ABC, you have to renew your brother’s show.

ABC: Aw c’mon! This is a business!

Disney: My decision is final.

(Last Updated September 27, 2017 4:09 pm )

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/27/report-disney-forcing-marvels-agents/

I was pretty much ready for this show to be done by the end of Season 3. In my opinion, once they introduced the Global Inhuman Panic in Season 3 and wrote themselves out of the MCU, I was pretty much done with the show (as a whole), and I am so over these characters, and I won't mind that they end up being canceled at this point (or was never renewed for a 4th Season). 

• Love 1

For me the characters are what are driving the show.  And I think it actually it improved with time. I still enjoy watching the show and would be happy if it either gets another season or has a solid ending without being cancelled. It deserves whatever gives it a good ending.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, blueray said:

For me the characters are what are driving the show.  And I think it actually it improved with time. I still enjoy watching the show and would be happy if it either gets another season or has a solid ending without being cancelled. It deserves whatever gives it a good ending.

At this point, I am hating the characters. They are pretty much a bunch of assholes, to put it in the best way that I can say it. Fitz can snap into Fitzler and/or he usually gets everyone almost killed, Daisy is a Mary Sue with power creep problems half of the time, Simmons is just heartless unless the writing wants her to be emotional, Mack isn't interesting, Coulson is a lousy director, Yo-Yo is whatever, Deke is a slaver who collaborated with his alien overlords (aka the Kree) and also almost got the entire last remnants of humanity killed, etc... May is still the one I like but I am just done with the rest. It's time to let this show die, IMO. 

Not only that but the writing is just handwaving everything bad that the characters do. Which just doesn't make the show great to watch but frustrating and annoying. 

Edit:

I also want to say that I how the show was trying to sympathize/understand with Ward and gave him a (sort of) redemption arc on the show, was a bit much. Not to mention how this show just won't let go of any ships (no matter how much it won't work-i.e. the SkyWard ship and would literally want to retcon/rewrite characters so these ships would happen- i.e Fitz/Simmons and May/Coulson) and kind is doing the same thing with Hale (trying to make use sympathize/understand her motives). 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

I still like the show (most of the characters--really,  than the overall show--and that includes Fitz) or wouldn't watch if I didn't. So, I hope it comes back with better writers.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 2
Just now, Enigma X said:

I still like the show (most of the characters, really and that includes Fitz) or wouldn't watch if I didn't. So, I hope it comes back. with better writers.

This show's production is tied into Mutant Enemy so it will always have the same showrunners, and will always have the same problems because it's the same people in charge. That isn't going to change at all, IMO. 

• Love 2

I'm enjoying season 5 well enough, but I wouldn't be sad if the show was canceled this season. The space stuff and end of the world mystery is what has me tuning in. Otherwise I think the show is suffering from the same problems it's always had - poor writing, poorly thought out plots, inconsistent/nonexistent character development. I agree that I don't think there's much that can change if it were granted a season 6.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kitlee625 said:

I'm enjoying season 5 well enough, but I wouldn't be sad if the show was canceled this season. The space stuff and end of the world mystery is what has me tuning in. Otherwise I think the show is suffering from the same problems it's always had - poor writing, poorly thought out plots, inconsistent/nonexistent character development. I agree that I don't think there's much that can change if it were granted a season 6.

Wow, it's amazing how people can see things so differently. I love this show and think it's very engrossing - they are always pulling something different out of their bag of tricks, last episode case in point. I never know what to expect, I don't even try to guess where they are going, I just sit back and enjoy the ride. One of the best shows on tv right now and one of the few that I really look forward to. Anything after this season is a gift, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I would be thrilled if it was renewed.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kitlee625 said:

I'm enjoying season 5 well enough, but I wouldn't be sad if the show was canceled this season. The space stuff and end of the world mystery is what has me tuning in.

Eh, time travel and the other space stuff is just not working for me. It's really frustrating when watching something like Fitz (or Fitzler coming out of his Fitz shell) and torturing Daisy and then have like literally half of the main characters go, "oh but maybe he can still be trusted," or "it's not really his fault. because..... " Or even watching how everyone is accepting of Deke and forgetting that he sold Daisy into slavery. 

Otherwise I think the show is suffering from the same problems it's always had - poor writing, poorly thought out plots, inconsistent/nonexistent character development. I agree that I don't think there's much that can change if it were granted a season 6.

Yeah, the old problems are still there and will always be there. That is why I think it's time to let this show just end and move on to something different. It had 5 Seasons worth of material and I would say that it peaked in Season 2 and went downhill from there. 

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I wonder with this “announcement” how much the finale will change. I follow a lot of actors accounts on Instagram. They’re still there shooting the show.

I kinda hope they go all sorts of crazy. At this point, why not?

Well, I mean it's pretty obvious that Disney does use this show as a free advertisement for Marvel and the MCU movies (even though this show can't muster above the 2 million live viewers mark and this show has to be expensive to make. Rumor was (and if I remember right, this came from Ming-Na Wen's Twitter account- that ABC slashed the budget in half to a budget of $3 million and are they going to do the same for Season 6?)) - so I guess Dinsy is just going to force ABC into another season then. IMO, no surprise at all given that they did it before. 

Edited by TVSpectator
54 minutes ago, Froippi said:

Just a rumor official announcement in May 

I realized it wasn't the official announcement, but with three confirmed sources at the network, from Disney and from the production team, it was certainly worth posting.

• Love 2
(edited)
Just now, ProudMary said:

I realized it wasn't the official announcement, but with three confirmed sources at the network, from Disney and from the production team, it was certainly worth posting.

This seems to be similar how we found out last year.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

oh I know it was the same source they used for last year renewal 

(edited)
46 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Rumor was (and if I remember right, this came from Ming-Na Wen's Twitter account- that ABC slashed the budget in half to a budget of $3 million and are they going to do the same for Season 6?)) - so I guess Dinsy is just going to force ABC into another season then. IMO, no surprise at all given that they did it before. 

I expect that a lot of scenes next season will be taking place in gray-bunker-hallway hell.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

A dimly lit gray-bunker- hallway, IMO. 

They can no longer afford the only bare lightbulb that has been illuminating this entire series. Season six will be done in the pitch black, radio drama-style.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Froippi said:

its also being move back to Tuesday Night according to that report also

Out of the Friday death slot? This I would like.  Well, and a renewal too.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TVSpectator said:

Wasn't Tuesdays also considered to be another death slot as well?

I think only if its at 10p.m. its consider death slot if its at 9p.m. it seems to be ok

6 minutes ago, Froippi said:

I think only if its at 10p.m. its consider death slot if its at 9p.m. it seems to be ok

10? I thought that people were upset that it was moved from 8 PM Tuesdays to 9 PM Tuesday and saying that was an also a death slot?

(edited)
22 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

10? I thought that people were upset that it was moved from 8 PM Tuesdays to 9 PM Tuesday and saying that was an also a death slot?

well for example for the people is on Tuesday at 10 p.m. and its ratings our just awful everything else up tell 10 p.m. has pretty good ratings if I remember the ratings correctly

had to be the move from 9 p.m. Tuesdays to 10 p.m. Tuesdays I could be wrong though I never remember shield ever being on at 8 p.m. on tuesdays unless it was season 1 that was before I started watching

Edited by Froippi
2 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Why Tuesday? There is no NFL and it is the middle of work week without parties and movie premiers 

Does it matter where they move it at this point? Going into a 6th season your audience is pretty much die hards who would likely follow they show wherever just to see it to the end. It is not like there is some magical timeslot where a sci-fi show with 5 seasons of backstory is all of the sudden going to pick up a ton of new viewers.

• Love 9

So I don't know if this was the thread where I posted an article saying that the showrunners have said that they would probably not do a direct Infinity War tie but a day ago, this article came out saying the opposite:

FANDOM caught up with the cast and producers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at WonderCon, and asked them whether Avengers: Infinity War will have an effect on the show. As with all other Marvel films, the answer is yes. Marvel TV President Jeph Loeb also said, “We do what we do best, which is to acknowledge what’s happening in the world around us.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-creators Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen were also on hand to answer questions about how the show will connect to the film. Tancharoen jokingly said, “It would be a good idea to do that.”

Whedon also sounded like he had already seen a cut of Infinity War, or at least he had been briefed on the grand scope of the film, because he said, “The film they made is enormous,” — the emphasis of which you can hear him say in the interview above — and that they “can’t survive on the planet without referencing it in some way.”

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/agents-of-shield-will-connect-avengers-infinity-war?li_source=LI&li_medium=wikia-rail

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, TVSpectator said:

Eh, time travel and the other space stuff is just not working for me. It's really frustrating when watching something like Fitz (or Fitzler coming out of his Fitz shell) and torturing Daisy and then have like literally half of the main characters go, "oh but maybe he can still be trusted," or "it's not really his fault. because..... " Or even watching how everyone is accepting of Deke and forgetting that he sold Daisy into slavery.

Aside from how the show has added a white slaver to the cast this season (and, for some reason, has shown a five-year inability to add an additional man of color to the cast without killing him off or sending him off after giving him minimal screentime and story), I don't see the point to having characters cross lines if they're simply going to handwave those ramifications. I agree with you that it's frustrating to see the ridiculous reactions from Simmons about Fitz when he nearly killed most of the team, but it also bothers me that I don't expect the show to adequately address this in future episodes. I wish ABC would force the show to accept more competent writers who could do a better job, or perhaps force their hand so that we could have a bit more variety in terms of the men we see onscreen.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Aside from how the show has added a white slaver to the cast this season (and, for some reason, has shown a five-year inability to add an additional man of color to the cast without killing him off or sending him off after giving him minimal screentime and story), I don't see the point to having characters cross lines if they're simply going to handwave those ramifications. I agree with you that it's frustrating to see the ridiculous reactions from Simmons about Fitz when he nearly killed most of the team, but it also bothers me that I don't expect the show to adequately address this in future episodes.

Personally, I wished that they directly address what Fitz did (nearly getting everyone kidnapped, killed, torturing Daisy, having a slaver for a grandson, etc...) but the show has never done it. It's always some kind of excuse that comes along and/or it never gets brought up ever. Daisy caused/strated the Inhuman Global Panic because she knocked that Quinjet into the ocean,  Daisy was brainwashed by Hive, Fitz was just trying to be a good friend to Radcliffe and hid AIDA (and he also made improvments to AIDA as well), Fitz thought that he was really Fitlzer in the Framework and did unknowalbe multities of human experiments in the name of Framework Hydra,  Fitz/Fitzer reads the Darkhold and nothing happens to him (instead he ends up happyly married to the woman he loves), Simmons was just really scared that IT/Hive would've gotten to Earth if they continued to pursue to get Will back (even though she claimed to love the guy, like a few show hours ago, and the show later, IMO, tried to overcompensate with her trying everything to get Fitz back and demanding that they don't leave Fitz in the Framework in Season 4 because..... Fitz over Will and fuck Will?), etc.... But what is really sad is that I am not expecting the writers/showrunners trying to fix anything like that. They are in their 5th Season (and possibly the last season- or maybe they will come back for a 6th Season and we will just rinse and repeat this again?) and I am expecting (yet again) nothing to be addressed and having the show end with, "family goes to a dinner together"-esque scene because of the way the show is written. 

I wish ABC would force the show to accept more competent writers who could do a better job, or perhaps force their hand so that we could have a bit more variety in terms of the men we see onscreen.

I wish that ABC/Marvel/Disney would force the showrunners/ producers on getting better stories and a better handle on how to write complex characters and complex stories. Honestly, they are the ones that (in the end) controls the tone/ideas and also approve what stories/scripts make it on air (and also can control the director of each episode if need be), costumes of each characters, etc... on the show. So even if the writers are like, "well, once Simmons finds out that Fitz has been hiding AIDA she can be really mad and threaten to leave him if he doesn't come clean to Mace" and the showrunner/producer can say, "no that isn't going to happen" or "we will have something else", etc....

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, TVSpectator said:

I wish that ABC/Marvel/Disney would force the showrunners/ producers on getting better stories and a better handle on how to write complex characters and complex stories.

That hasn't happened yet for Once Upon A Time...

• Love 1

I  wonder if Coulson's inclusion in Captain Marvel is why Disney reportedly forced ABC to air AoS? I  am speculating that a friend from her past when Avengers 4 comes around could get an one more year dictate on the network from above 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I  wonder if Coulson's inclusion in Captain Marvel is why Disney reportedly forced ABC to air AoS? I  am speculating that a friend from her past when Avengers 4 comes around could get an one more year dictate on the network from above 

I really have no idea why Disney forced a renewal but the common belief is that Disney wants AoS to be sort of MCU promo on TV