Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

On 5/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, emma675 said:

A new nose or new teeth. Something's different. 

She dropped too much weight along with the hairstyle framing the face.

INo Endgame Cross over

Sounds like a different timeline from some point after the raid on New York. So much for changing the generally accepted time New York to the Battle of Wakanda from hours to days later. Must be a divergent point where Coulson slipped Daisy the last centipede serum that broke the Lighthouse time loop.

So in the Lighthouse future Graviton succeeds and starts the earth cracking, but not until after Stormbreaker is heading towards Thanos. The snapture of the universe followed by the true decimation of the earth.

Spoiler

Scott Lang is stuck in the quantum realm and no Endgame, at least from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, Raja said:

Two main theories coming out of Captain Marvel we have a Skrull Coulson appearance. 

That could be interesting. Maybe it was just me but I thought the Skrull shape shifting effects in Captain Marvel were some of the best I have ever seen. I wonder if a tv show could pull that off.

1 hour ago, VCRTracking said:

So they have basically just given up?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

That could be interesting. Maybe it was just me but I thought the Skrull shape shifting effects in Captain Marvel were some of the best I have ever seen. I wonder if a tv show could pull that off.

So they have basically just given up?

Unless they fly away from Coulson and May on Tahiti and red shirt agents start dusting I would say they gave up. One line, "we don't have time to go grieve" in the one year Agents time jump. It could fit for Coulson or that big thing of people going to dust

They might retroactively try to come back into continuity in season 7. But then they are already in production before seeing what Spider-Man gives for a post Endgame world. If I were trying to keep the continuity I would stick it in the Endgame

Spoiler

5 year dead space. Which was the initial hope after hearing about the one year jump. But after missing their guess on how Thanos was coming they were probably afraid of a MCU reset at the time of the snap which they were able to avoid by ignoring Endgame entirely.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2019 at 9:41 AM, tessaray said:

I think the prevailing opinion is that Disney will be using Hulu for edgier fare and that Disney+ would always be more family friendly.  I guess we'll have to see if that just reinforces the tv/movie divide. 

That was my first guess but the official announcement lists the new shows as a production of Marvel Television rather than Marvel Studios like the Disney+ shows. 

(edited)

I disagree - I thought that the first season's procedural style was boring (and almost made me stop watching) and that the show only improved when it became more creative...

Superhero Shows of 2019 Ranked from Worst to Best
BY LACY BAUGHER      JUNE 6, 2019
http://collider.com/superhero-shows-ranked-2019/

13. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Over the years, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has drifted further and further from its original premise. What started as a procedural series based around the Earth agency whose job involved cleaning up the messes left behind by superheroes like the Avengers is now a…space drama? And there’s time travel? It’s real weird. (And kind of enough to make you furious when you realize that this series is still on TV when something like the far-superior Daredevil isn’t.)

To be fair, S.H.I.E.L.D. is often still quite entertaining, and storylines like an evil Coulson from an alternate reality or Daisy and Simmons exploring deep space to find a cryogenically frozen Fitz from a different section of their timeline can be fun to watch. But it’s also very much not what any of us signed up for when this show began, and it’s hard to identify just what kind of show S.H.I.E.L.D. means to be these days. This iteration of the series, in particular, has little to ground us in its story or to connect us to these specific versions of the characters we once knew.

Edited by tv echo
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

I disagree - I thought that the first season's procedural style was boring (and almost made me stop watching) and that the show only improved when it became more creative...

Superhero Shows of 2019 Ranked from Worst to Best
BY LACY BAUGHER      JUNE 6, 2019
http://collider.com/superhero-shows-ranked-2019/

Skimmed through the list and I thought why is AoS listed as #13 and the Punisher is listed as #12? Only because I feel like The Punisher should be listed higher, with Daredevil, and the Tick should be listed as #2 or #1. I agree though, that Legends of Tomorrow is a fun show to watch. Also, I feel like AoS should be listed lower. Especially with these past two or three seasons. 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, blueray said:

AoS should be higher on the list. The show improved after it basically changed its premise.

I would disagree. So many superhero shows that are (or were) better than AoS. I agree that AoS did improve, about 2/3 into Season 1 but I just can't argue that it should be on the list. But the show for me went down in Season 3 and never really improved. Although, AoS still has many problems that it hasn't really fixed (especially since this show was supposed to have taken place in the MCU) from Turn, Turn, Turn, to the end of Season 2 was kind of fun but I was also binging the show. If I was watching it from week-to-week I would've probably thought it was okay. 

Edit:

Did they snubbed Legion or was Legion never aired in 2019?

Edited by TVSpectator
7 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I would disagree. So many superhero shows that are (or were) better than AoS. I agree that AoS did improve, about 2/3 into Season 1 but I just can't argue that it should be on the list. But the show for me went down in Season 3 and never really improved. Although, AoS still has many problems that it hasn't really fixed (especially since this show was supposed to have taken place in the MCU) from Turn, Turn, Turn, to the end of Season 2 was kind of fun but I was also binging the show. If I was watching it from week-to-week I would've probably thought it was okay. 

Edit:

Did they snubbed Legion or was Legion never aired in 2019?

Season 3 is due in a few weeks. Last season ended a full year ago

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I’d actually put it higher than most of the shows since few of them held my interest. Legends and the tick are fun. I also binged several seasons to catch up, so it isn’t that. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Raja said:

Season 3 is due in a few weeks. Last season ended a full year ago

Thanks. I do know that Season 3 is coming up (and going to be the last season) but I didn't know when 

19 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I’d actually put it higher than most of the shows since few of them held my interest. Legends and the tick are fun. I also binged several seasons to catch up, so it isn’t that. 

The Tick should've been higher, in my opinion. It's a perfect parody of superheroes

• Love 1

I would go so far to say that AoS is the strongest Superhero show out there.

Just think about it. The show has over 100 episodes and is now in its sixth season. Is there ANY other Comic book show which has managed to stay consistently strong for so long? Which didn't get stale after season three at the lastest? Which wouldn't have started to recycle old plots by now? It is exactly the fact that the show constantly reinvents itself that keeps it fresh and interesting. Which is why it is by now the longest running Marvel show by quite a margin.

And so far it hasn't delivered one bad season. Even the first one, which started weak, provided a really exciting arc in the second half. Most of the problems it had were early instalment jitters anyway. They needed to built the world of AoS so that we would know what was lost when The Winter Soldier hit.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, swanpride said:

I would go so far to say that AoS is the strongest Superhero show out there.

Just think about it. The show has over 100 episodes and is now in its sixth season. Is there ANY other Comic book show which has managed to stay consistently strong for so long? Which didn't get stale after season three at the lastest? Which wouldn't have started to recycle old plots by now? It is exactly the fact that the show constantly reinvents itself that keeps it fresh and interesting. Which is why it is by now the longest running Marvel show by quite a margin.

And so far it hasn't delivered one bad season. Even the first one, which started weak, provided a really exciting arc in the second half. Most of the problems it had were early instalment jitters anyway. They needed to built the world of AoS so that we would know what was lost when The Winter Soldier hit.

I would say that Season 1 was a bad season of AoS. 2/3 of it was disposable with some terrible writing and/or episodes. Not only that but I would say that Season 3 was terrible along with Season 4 and Season 5. Season 2 was weak and generic but it did have some fun moments and some good moments too. 

Also, episode numbers really don't count, in my opinion. This show got protection from Disney executives that many other shows don't or didn't have. Agent Carter's two seasons were much better written than anything AoS has done, in my opinion, but was canceled by ABC with NO interference with Disney.

Not only that but at times the writing is lazy and a mess. Plots and/or ramifications of plots/events are not thought through and things happen without explanation,  characters do terrible things and don't think twice about it (and I am talking about the ones that we are supposed to care about and root for their happiness) , for some odd reason they won't let the SkyWard ship to die (in opinion) and instead hire an actor whose literally last name is Ward  (and this is not me throwing shade at the actor. He is fine with what he has been given but did they really have to cast someone whose literal last name is Ward to play the supposed grandson of Fitz and Simmons?) and have his character be obsessed with Daisey (which, I have issues with as well), etc.... Not only that but things just happen to please shippers (like Fitz and Simmons and May and Coulson. These two were the shows biggest ships, outside of the SkyWard ship, in the early days, that the writers decided to make canon. I really don't like these ships for reasons but people assume that this is perfect for some reason?).

Also, AoS is part of the larger MCU has had a terrible track record, outside of Season 2, with keeping in line with the larger MCU, in my opinion. For reasons we were told that this was also part of the same universe but if so they have totally gone their own way in Season 3 with the Inhumans, solve/end massive world changing/end of the world events (and never even bothered calling in bigger/more powerful characters (that do exist and could possibly help) to help them, have some kind of prophecy about them, have people in a dystopia future chant "one day SHIELD will return",) and now they are supposedly in another universe without explanation. Not only that but things just happen off screen that we have to fanwork into the writing because for some reason (I honestly don't know but writing 101 would tell you that showing is better than telling but this show has always been about telling over showing, in my opinion). 

Edited:

I placed a link describing how Disney forced ABC to not canceled AoS after it's 4th Season. 

Edited by TVSpectator

I am not saying that having a lot of episodes makes a show automatically better, I am saying that it is way more difficult to keep a show interesting over a longer time than doing it for a limited numbers of episodes. Agent Carter for example had an amazing first season, but the second season is a mess of setting up stuff for the future which we will now never seen happening. That AoS is managing to still going strong after so many years is impressive.

I am also aware that the show has been constantly shortly before cancellation and some higher up at Disney keeps rescuing it. Do you know why? ABC wants to cut the show because its life numbers are at this point nothing to talk about. Disney wants to keep it because its streaming number double, sometimes even triple within the first three days after release. Last year there was a study which showed that worldwide, AoS isn't just the most watched comic book show, it is one of the most watched show overall (granted, that is partly due to the Chinese market loving it due to Chloe Bennet).

AoS is in a way a typical streaming show with weekly release. And it has a dedicated fanbase. While the live numbers of all shows have been falling due to the rise of streaming, AoS numbers have started this season pretty stable.

Regarding how they deal with Infinity War: I am waiting and see. I am sure they have a plan. They always have.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, swanpride said:

I am not saying that having a lot of episodes makes a show automatically better, I am saying that it is way more difficult to keep a show interesting over a longer time than doing it for a limited numbers of episodes. Agent Carter for example had an amazing first season, but the second season is a mess of setting up stuff for the future which we will now never seen happening. That AoS is managing to still going strong after so many years is impressive.

I am also aware that the show has been constantly shortly before cancellation and some higher up at Disney keeps rescuing it. Do you know why? ABC wants to cut the show because its life numbers are at this point nothing to talk about. Disney wants to keep it because its streaming number double, sometimes even triple within the first three days after release. Last year there was a study which showed that worldwide, AoS isn't just the most watched comic book show, it is one of the most watched show overall (granted, that is partly due to the Chinese market loving it due to Chloe Bennet).

AoS is in a way a typical streaming show with weekly release. And it has a dedicated fanbase. While the live numbers of all shows have been falling due to the rise of streaming, AoS numbers have started this season pretty stable.

Regarding how they deal with Infinity War: I am waiting and see. I am sure they have a plan. They always have.

Look, in my opinion, AoS isn't as popular as what some are making it out to be. Sure it started out with like 12 million for the pilot episode but within only 4 seasons, roughly 10 million left the show (leaving the viewership numbers to like 2 million per episode during Season 4. Season 5's viewership numbers were even lower). And for several years now, I believe that Neilson has been keeping track of same day DVRs, and other downloads for at least a few days after airing and has been added them into the total number of viewers. 

Personally, I just don't hear a lot of talk from others (both in real life and on the internet). I have heard that the actors were in other projects (there was that one movie that came out last November and also something, an ER anniversary, Mulan revival, and also about Disney gave Ming-Na Wen and award or something not too long ago) but I have rarely heard things about the show. 

Also, in my opinion, a typical streaming show that airs weekly is a typical TV show. Maybe AoS is better to just binge everything all at once (in my opinion, all TV is better to watch when all episodes are available instead of the weekly format. I guess I got spoiled by the Netflix's model of releasing all of the season's episodes all at once) but has 5 seasons' with 22 episodes in them each. Not really something that would be easy to binge all at once, in my opinion. 

Plus, I have never heard that it was so popular in China. Where did you hear it from and what was your source about?

I am not sure if you are aware that Chloe Bennet is/used to be a pop idol. She has quite a following in China. It being China it is naturally hard to get precise numbers for the show, but it is popular enough that there are a collection of Chines Coke Commercials featuring Ward and her. Doing those would make zero sense if there weren't an audience to reach.

Yeah, they have started to keep track of the DVR numbers, but they are not part of the live numbers. Hence me saying that AoS usually doubles sometimes nearly triples its live ratings within those three days. Those are the people which watch the show within a week of release. (And I am saying that it makes sense to have it as a weekly streaming show, because part of the excitement of AoS is to wait for the next big surprise, but you can also not miss one single episodes, so to keep people in the loop, it would be good for the show to be easily accessible).

Anyway, the claim that AoS is popular worldwide is based on a study by parrot analytics which screenrant reported on last year. According to that study  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ranked in the top 0.03 percent of in-demand TV shows worldwide. And that is most likely the reason why Disney insists on keeping it around. It might not do much for ABC, since they are mostly interested in the advertising money they can get off the show, but for the bigger picture it is certainly worth it.

• Useful 1

39 minutes ago, swanpride said:

I am not sure if you are aware that Chloe Bennet is/used to be a pop idol. She has quite a following in China. It being China it is naturally hard to get precise numbers for the show, but it is popular enough that there are a collection of Chines Coke Commercials featuring Ward and her. Doing those would make zero sense if there weren't an audience to reach.

But where are your numbers? You are claiming that the show is popular in China. sure I am aware that Chole Bennet was/is a pop-star in China but that doesn't always equal to having a popular show. 

41 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Yeah, they have started to keep track of the DVR numbers, but they are not part of the live numbers. Hence me saying that AoS usually doubles sometimes nearly triples its live ratings within those three days. Those are the people which watch the show within a week of release. (And I am saying that it makes sense to have it as a weekly streaming show, because part of the excitement of AoS is to wait for the next big surprise, but you can also not miss one single episodes, so to keep people in the loop, it would be good for the show to be easily accessible).

But I thought that they were also adding in those live numbers into with the DVR numbers? The show still has low ratings and ABC was willing to cancel it (and I am sure if AoS is that popular in China ABC would also be aware of that but decided they still wanted to cancel this show). 

42 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Anyway, the claim that AoS is popular worldwide is based on a study by parrot analytics which screenrant reported on last year. According to that study  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ranked in the top 0.03 percent of in-demand TV shows worldwide. And that is most likely the reason why Disney insists on keeping it around. It might not do much for ABC, since they are mostly interested in the advertising money they can get off the show, but for the bigger picture it is certainly worth it.

As with it being "the most popular TV show" I am going to call bs on that because I do have issues with how Parret Analytics gather their info. 

So, what are your issues?

Also, why is it so important for you to insist that the show does badly? No show which manages to be on air so long does badly, especially not if it airs on a major network like ABC.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, swanpride said:

So, what are your issues?

Also, why is it so important for you to insist that the show does badly? No show which manages to be on air so long does badly, especially not if it airs on a major network like ABC.

Why?

1. Well, you are making the extrondary claim that it's super popular here, and in China,  but I really don't see any stats to back that up.  Instead, I am looking at the ratings (which is an indication of popularity, in my opinion) and it doesn't look too popular. Looks like the show has always struggled with their ratings. And again, if ABC is aware that AoS is so popular (online, here in the US, and in China) then why were they willing to cancel it at the end of Season 4? I do realize that entertainment is a business and canceling the show probably had to do with the fact that it wasn't really making money (which in my opinion a super popular TV show would make money and TV networks are willing to invest in. For example, HBO literally gave the showrunners of GoT a blank check to make as many episodes as they wanted to but refused to go past 6 episodes and 8 seasons- and that is, in my opinion, another story).

2. Again, in my opinion, the longevity of the show is due to Dinsey forcing ABC to renew the show for a 5th Season. Not because it's was popular but (many) on the speculation that they want to use the show as an MCU preview night type of show. Some TV shows that I assume are the best ever only have a limited number of episodes. Star Trek the Orginal Series had only 3 or 4 seasons. Breaking Bad only had 6 seasons, Firefly only has 1 season and one feature-length movie (which I do own), Farscape only has 4 seasons and one 2-hour TV movie, Eureka only had 5 seasons, The Expanse only has 3 seasons before SyFy canceled it and it was saved by Amazon, The Tick on Amazon only has 2 seasons, GoT only has 8 seasons and like 70+ episodes (again, the last season was utterly terrible but the good seasons was when GRRM was still writing episodes back in Season 4), etc...

3. It looks like we are not going to agree on anything and sure YMMV but I feel like we should just end this here. 

Sure, but I really would like to know why you think that the study by Parrot Analytica, which is the main reason why I think that AoS is that popular (honestly, if the show weren't popular I wouldn't care either, it is still awesome, and some of the most revered shows actually didn't do all that well on their first run), didn't gather its information correctly. If there is a good argument to ignore it, I would like to know it.

(edited)

Disney at Comic-Con: S.H.I.E.L.D. Joined by Simpsons, The Orville, Stumptown and Mayans M.C., Plus 10 Others
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 1 2019, 12:01 PM PDT
https://tvline.com/2019/07/01/comic-con-tv-panels-2019-agents-of-shield-orville-rookie/

Disney Television released its game plan for the San Diego Comic-Con taking place later this month, and even all these weeks after the Mouse’s blockbuster purchase of many things Fox, it’s still a bit of a double-take to see The Simpsons and The Orville (as well as nitty-gritty Mayans M.C.!) listed alongside famously ABC fare such as Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

All told, Disney Television is hosting 14 panels at the annual fanfest. ...

https://tvline.com/2019/06/24/comic-con-2019-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/2/

THURSDAY, JULY 18
3:30 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) | Stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward will be joined by executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell and Jeph Loeb. (Hall H)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Official SDCC program description for AoS panel...

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/RltG?iframe=no

Thursday, July 18 • 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The cast and producers of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. take over Hall H for the first time ever! Be the first to hear the scoop about the show-stopping conclusion for season 6 and what awaits in season 7 of Marvel's flagship television show. With your favorite stars in attendance, including Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Jeff Ward, along with executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, and Jeph Loeb, this is a must-see panel to celebrate seven seasons with the world's greatest fans! This action-packed series from Marvel Television and ABC Studios airs Fridays at 8/7c on ABC.

Edited by tv echo
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Be the first to hear the scoop about the show-stopping conclusion for season 6 and what awaits in season 7

"We can't tell give you any specifics, but trust us, it's a real game-changer and will set up a fantastic Season 7!" [/prediction] Of course this won't stop me from watching the panel after it's posted on-line.

(edited)

THE FIVE BEST COMIC BOOK TV FUTURES (EVEN IF THEY'RE HORRIBLE REALITIES)
by Erik Amaya | July 12, 2019 
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/best-comic-book-tv-futures/  

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Future: 91 Years Later

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s fifth season dedicated half a season to a future set 91 years after the season 4 finale. There, Coulson (Clark Gregg) and the rest of the team — minus Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) — discovered a destroyed Earth and a former S.H.I.E.L.D. base known as The Lighthouse standing as the last human settlement. Oh, and just for good measure, the Lighthouse was also occupied by the Kree, invited at the behest of Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) shortly after the destruction of Earth. Other shocks included an armless future version of Yo-Yo (Natalia Cordova-Buckley), and Kasius, a hedonistic Kree magistrate played to Targaryen perfection by Dominic Rains.

For the most part, this future world was confined to the corridors of the Lighthouse. But occasional trips to other Earth fragments illustrated just how bad the End of the World could be. Intense gravity storms ravaged the remaining landmasses and critters imported by the Kree served as both guard dogs to the devastation and as a final punishment to any human who got out of line back at the Lighthouse.

Since S.H.I.E.L.D. stayed in the early 2100s for the duration of the story — except for a notable episode in which Fitz figured out a slow-motion way to get to the future — it could devote more resources to realizing that world. And it would do so with some spectacular special effects shots that made the Earth seem as foreign as any alien world visited on a space-faring TV show like Star Trek: Discovery. And S.H.I.E.L.D.’s future had time to breathe and develop characters like Flint (Coy Stewart), Kasius, and Deke (Jeff Ward), the scheming grandson of two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who remains with the show into the sixth season.

But the most interesting element of the story was the defeat of humanity itself. With the human world destroyed and the Kree arriving as conquerors, the people S.H.I.E.L.D. agents met were broken, more interested in mere survival than reclaiming their last bit of turf from aliens. It was a theme more harrowing than any production value.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, StarBrand said:

I'm actually OK with that news. The showrunners know for sure that this is the end, and can end entirely on their terms.

Since Star Trek TNG 7 years has been the standard of a very successful run.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Nooooooo…….

Hopefully they remember the cocoon under the ocean. That is the one loose tie which really bugs me. And maybe the watchdogs.

Was that the senator or something? Or her brother? I vagly remember that storyline but I completely forgot about it. It seems like the writers did too.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, birdsflyinghigh said:

‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ To End After Season 7 On ABC – Comic-Con

I was expecting it to be but this is confirmation. Happy they get to end it on their own terms, like Jeph said. 

I thought we knew this? Either way, I’m sad to see it go. 

Agents of Shield dropped a trailer for the last four episodes this season. I’m really surprised at...the direction they’re taking for the end of the season. 

(edited)

Here’s the trailer for the rest of the season. Looks like there’s a lot cover in four episodes but it looks great. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Go to article to watch video of TVLine's interview with AoS cast at SDCC (no real spoilers, but some teases)...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cast Reacts to End Date Reveal, Teases 'Beautiful in a Sad Way' Series Finale Filming Now 
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 18 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/18/agents-of-shield-final-season-7-cast-video-preview/ 

In the video Q&A above, the cast — along with EPs Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon and Jeff Bell, plus Marvel TV Chief Jeph Loeb — react to the official announcement made on Thursday morning, before confirming that they are in fact shooting he series finale right now, to air next summer. Will any of the fine people visiting our studio not make it out of the series alive…?

We then turn the conversation to Season 6, as in the one airing right now, and Clark Gregg’s turn as a stone-cold Coulson lookalike. Just recently, we learned that “Sarge” is not his actual name, and that he is wearing someone else’s “skin.” But rest assured, a “whole closet” full of shoes are about to drop in this Friday’s episode, revealing the enigmatic antagonist’s precise origin.

Also in the cast Q&A, we talk about which cast member got banged up during that brutal Sarge/Mack brawl; which of Season 6’s special effects most breaks the bank; a potential Sequoia: Agent of Influence spinoff; and then, at the very end, a few words to sum up next summer’s series finale.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, blueray said:

Was that the senator or something? Or her brother? I vagly remember that storyline but I completely forgot about it. It seems like the writers did too.

Not going to lie it does feel like they have forgotten a lot of plot prior to Season 5. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, Raja said:

Since Star Trek TNG 7 years has been the standard of a very successful run.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, Affogato said:

It used to be the sweet spot for syndication, I believe. 

I thought that the standard of syndication was 5 years and not 7 years? Most shows only went to 5 so they would get that sweet number of 100 episodes for syndication and then that was it? Star Trek was different and only went to 7 so they can make their money back in syndication, home video sales. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

Around 100 episodes used to be needed for syndication (so usually five seasons were enough), but nowadays it's something around 80 episodes. AoS was syndicated in season 4, which is why a lot of people didn't expect a season five, never mind seven.

• Useful 1
(edited)

All the actors and actresses from the show have been posting goodbyes all day to Shield on Instagram. Its apparently the last day of filming Season Seven.

We’re in the Endgame now.

(That was just a joke-not a spoiler...)

Edited by SnoGirl
  • LOL 1