Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

I didn't notice the first billing. Good for her. It also shows their respect for her to be able to carry an episode on her own. I was really looking forward to this episode and she delivered a great episode. Completely different than a typical Shield ep, but I like that this show isn't afraid to change things up with their format and their character pairings. 

• Love 6

Just mention that in Marvel's podcast "This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Elizabeth Henstridge is on. From the podcast:

1. She emphasizes repeatedly that despite trying to move on, Simmons never actually let Fitz go and realizes she is causing him pain by asking for his help.

2. She also actually apologises (bless her) directly to anyone who this storyline has upset. She said that as soon as she read the script she felt really bad.
  • Love 1

This is actually pretty cute (and funny) although Gregg comes off as a bit of a downer being so serious in it right after we've seen the others all goofing off...

it's like they all got the (be silly) memo and he didn't.

ABC Announces Winter 2016 Mid-Season Premiere Dates: “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” returns with all-new episodes Tuesday, March 8.

I'm so sad no new ep tonight... I. Can't. Even. about the break between MSF and March. 

ABC Announces Winter 2016 Mid-Season Premiere Dates: “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” returns with all-new episodes Tuesday, March 8.

I didn't even know that  last episode was the fall finale. I really was looking to watching it tonight :(

• Love 1

I didn't even know that  last episode was the fall finale. I really was looking to watching it tonight :(

Its not they are just taking Thanksgiving Week off we have two more episodes December 8 is the fall finale baring acts of God or real life terrorist

• Love 2

Postmortem interviews with Constance Zimmer (no spoilers)...

NEWS/ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Latest Victim Won't Rule Out a Resurrecting Trip to Tahiti
by BILLY NILLES Wed, Dec 2, 2015 1:00 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/720464/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-s-latest-victim-won-t-rule-out-a-resurrecting-trip-to-tahiti

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star on that shocking casualty
BY NATALIE ABRAMS Posted December 2 2015 — 1:00 AM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/02/agents-shield-constance-zimmer-price-death

Edited by tv echo

Postmortem interviews with Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, Clark Gregg and Brett Dalton after "Maveth" (I've quoted parts, but you might want to read the entire articles)...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Who paid the ultimate price in the fall finale?
BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted December 9 2015 — 1:00 AM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/09/agents-shield-ward-death-spoilers

What are we supposed to call It?
It. You will soon discover what It is.

What can you say of what It does want or how powerful It really is?
We do know certain things. We know that at least Will and Simmons believed that It had caused the desolation on the other planet. We know that It was able to inhabit Will. We know that It was able to remember things that Will knew. That’s the ammo that we go in knowing. Where that will go and what that means, we’ll have to wait and see.

'Agents of SHIELD' EP Explains What's Next After That Shocking Midseason Finale Death
DECEMBER 08, 2015 10:00pm PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-midseason-finale-death-846860?utm_source=twitter

By the end of the episode, Ward is dead by Coulson's hand, but the mysterious, dangerous Inhuman took over his body and made it through the portal. What does this mean for the character of Ward going forward? Are we going to see Brett Dalton play a completely new character?

I don't know how much I can say, but if whatever was there had been "Will" for the whole episode, and Will seemed to recognize Fitz and have memories and know things about Simmons, I think there are some clues in episode 10 to that. I'm not going to say how personal or how much. The beauty of having Brett Dalton and the body of Grant Ward around, A. it's easy on the eye, and B. there's personal relationships between him and everyone else on the show. Coulson believes he left that person dead on another planet as does Fitz. Should they happen to run into each other in the back half, I think it will be fairly explosive and interesting.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg: Deadly Showdown, Aftermath Sparked Texting Frenzy Among 'Shocked' Cast
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 8 2015, 10:00 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2015/12/08/agents-of-shield-season-3-ward-dies-becomes-inhuman/

TVLINE | Do you think the memory that Phil had of Rosalind was the last nudge he needed to go ahead and kill Ward?
I do. I do. It’s such an interesting moment they wrote, because he couldn’t leave Ward on the planet. It really gets down to the heart of leadership. I think [Coulson] is going to spend some time trying to figure out whether it was an act of vengeance or an act of protecting others, or both. But I don’t think it’s going to sit well.

‘Agents of SHIELD’ Star Brett Dalton Breaks Down That Shocking Midseason Finale Twist
DECEMBER 8, 2015 | 10:00PM PT  Laura Prudom
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/agents-of-shield-ward-dead-dies-inhuman-coulson-kills-1201656983/

“Coulson crossed a line. Some would say that Ward has crossed every line there is, but Coulson now has crossed a line, and I think this season has drawn a whole bunch of parallels between the two,” Dalton observed. “In some ways, this is the conclusion of those parallels. Coulson, in a way, has become Ward … he’s learned to play my game and has crossed over to my side, so did I win that battle? Is that what that means? I left my mark on Coulson just as much as he’s left his mark on me.”

I think Adrienne could headline a project, her character seems promising, but pairing her with Hunter from the get-go will be a mistake. Their relationship is boring enough already as a C-story, I shudder to think what would happen were it to become an A-plot. Maybe if they change the dynamic drastically, it could work, but the chemistry is not there. And trope-wise, the last "spy couple" show I've seen was Un... um... Un-something a few years ago, by JJ Abrams. It failed hard.

• Love 1

Undercovers. The couple were pretty and it utterly sucked. All I really remember is the pretty and that they had an episode set in my city and got almost everything about it wrong.

I wish they'd call this something else, as I keep reading it as 'Muppet's Most Wanted', the Muppet movie from a couple of years ago. Although to be fair, Hunter is often a a bit of a muppet.

More casting for the Most Wanted spin-off.  Bobbi and Hunter alone are enough, but Oded Fehr as a "well-known character from the Marvel comics?"  Yeah, I will watch every episode.  Every show could be improved with Oded Fehr!

Crossing fingers and hoping for Taskmaster!

• Love 3

Clark Gregg beat Hayley Atwell in their Lip Sync Battle on Spike TV (from last night) - fyi, that woman in the suit is Clark Gregg's real life wife, Jennifer Grey...

Lip Sync Battle #TeamSHIELD Clark Gregg vs #TeamCARTER Hayley Atwell

Clark Gregg’s “Toxic” vs. Hayley Atwell’s “Bad Romance” | Lip Sync Battle

Clark Gregg’s Winner Moment | Lip Sync Battle

Clark Gregg vs. Hayley Atwell (Preshow) | Lip Sync Battle

"also appeared in the second season of Agents Of SHIELD" the general and even entertainment press might not be up on the  goings on but I sense a fight coming between the TV and movie sides of the MCU if they continue to try to give us a third bunch supreme leaders of Inhumans. This time in the form of a royal family, who ignored Afterlife and then Hive. They don't seem very "royal" more like the hidden cowards if they don't emerge with what is going on now.

I think that the Inhumans movie getting pulled spells huge trouble for AOS (and it's status in the MCU). What more can the show do with the Inhumans for 5+ years without using material/characters from the comics that Marvel Studios would most likely want to save for the actual movie?

• Love 1

This is awful. I can't even imagine, she was only 46. Poor Patton, and their daughter. How do you ever go to sleep again after that?

Right? I'll be 46 in four months, and this scares me :( (Realistically/statistically, I know that it's unlikely to happen to me, but still...I have two autistic kids. I can't ever die!)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rab01 said:

I'm not sure how to give Xaxat proper credit (who posted this in the Agent Carter thread) but it looks like they may have let Bobbi and Hunter go for no reason:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/agent-carter-is-probably-doomed-and-marvels-most-wanted-1774467031

I wonder if they are going to write them back on to the show?

For Agent Carter, that sucks that it's probably not going to get a thrid season. I thought that show was the better written one, for ABC than AoS ever was. 

• Love 3

I'm honestly not surprised at either. Agent Carter really is a fantastic show, but it has been so underrated that it sadly hasn't gained the viewership that it deserves. It's really too bad, because we could always use more female heroines as the main leads. 

As for Marvel's Most Wanted, they did try this once before, during the last few episodes of last season. It didn't go well then. I think people realize how well Bobbi and Hunter have fit in this ensemble show and I don't think we need a spinoff with those two. Plus, I'm not even sure, if they did pick up the show, if it would or could go past one season. It sounds like a show best suited as a mini series. I was surprised when they even tried to go for the spinoff again and it took. 

But even that article states that it's not a guarantee that they'll drop the spinoff, just that it's entirely possible. Personally, I am not that interested in watching Most Wanted, even if I do like Bobbi and Hunter. I just really like their interactions on AoS, so I'd rather they be back, even if it's on a recurring basis. I know this show is cluttered already, and the show has been doing well without them, but their presence worked well and it's definitely missed.

• Love 1
(edited)

The premise of Most Wanted does sound a lot like the  premises for The A-Team and Burn Notice combined into one (although, both shows are pretty close to each other) to me anyways. Both shows dealt with former special forces/ex-spies dealing with being framed while at the same time helping the less fortunate deal with their issues. Another issue is that I just can't see how two characters, like Bobbie and Hunter, can carry the show. Not the actors but the actual characters and it seemed like a weird combo, to me, for a Marvel spin-off. Now, I do think that a Secret Warriors spin-off should've happened  instead and not a Most Wanted, but if this show does get off the ground then maybe it can be good (and I am willing to give it a try). 

As with Bobbie and Hunter, IMO, the reason why they left the show was just bs to begin with, but that is another whole issue altogether. Also, I just can't see how those two are being hunted (or being the "most wanted") after what happen in that episode. It seemed that they were just let go by the Russians and that they were only just keeping tabs (if there was a spy in that bar) on those two. Not so much as being hunted down like international criminals but just being spied on to see what they were doing.

Also, I found Hunter to be a bit boring (and also a bit annoying), but he does shine when dealing with the other characters that are more serious (like May or Mack). When he is with Bobbie his character is just bland but Bobbie is a good character. 

As with Agent Carter, well I have heard a lot of people saying that it was boring (and yeah, I can see why) but IMO if giving the chance the show really shines through. Each season takes place a year apart, the actual story feels like one of those noir crime stories that took place in the 1940s/1950s and I liked how Howard is supposed to be similar to Howard Hughes (when Hughes was much younger). Plus, I do think that the writing is better on Agent Carter and that last season's story was great (Darkforce, other dimensions, crazy/evil scientists, secret cabals of rich power businesses owners) and it felt more like a comic book come to life on TV. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

So, as expected, Most Wanted did not get picked up. Which means Bobbi and Hunter may be reintegrated into the show next season. I'd like that, because Bobbi and Hunter work really well on this show. I figured, since the show was dropped once before, it wouldn't be picked up a second time. It sucks for Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki, as they don't get their own show, but I truly think it's for the best.

Also, sadly Agent Carter didn't get renewed either, but the Damage Control show did get picked up as a series. 

• Love 4

I have no idea if anybody saw this but they have been posting these R.I.P. Agent...? videos for each character on Youtube. This one is for Daisy (and yeah, these are probably a red herring):

Coulson:

Lincoln:

Simmons:

Mack:

May:

And I can't find one for Fitz and nothing for Brent Dalton either. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/5-surprising-pilot-passes-season-894297?facebook_20160516

Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC)
First put in development last season, the Agents of SHIELD spinoff followed favorites Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood's Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter. With many industry watchers expecting Agent Carter to get the ax, Most Wanted was seen as a likely replacement. However, buzz started cooling after the pilot came in and with ABC considered unlikely to use the "gap show" strategy that made short-order series like Agent Carter a fit for SHIELD's hiatus, Most Wanted suddenly didn't have a likely slot. The pass — andCarter's cancellation — marks a key move for ABC Entertainment Group president Channing Dungey who showed a willingness to pass (and cancel) despite corporate synergy. As for if Palicki and Blood will return toSHIELD, Marvel is remaining mum.

Sadly, I think Channing Dungey will get about one season, maybe even just a half to prove that her strategies are good or bad. There are already grumbles from critics about Dungey's boss Ben Sherwood, who was believed to be behind the ouster of Paul Lee. Sherwood supposedly wants less serialized content and more procedurals. And anyone who was the victim of the lack of "corporate synergy" will lead the charge for even more firings if the ratings don't turn around. I'm not happy with some of the latest ABC decisions (Agent Carter's cancellation, the handling of the Castle situation.), but I'm actually most worried what this next ABC  season will mean for women in the business. I guess we'll get an idea of what's going on tomorrow. 

I figure that if ABC is no longer interested in tying into the movies next season is likely the last for Agents as the TV format becomes Netflix and kid shows on Freeform. I don't see how Damage Control fits in as the only MCU TV project just referencing  happenings from the three movies a year

• Love 1