Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

This is pretty cool.  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. received an Emmy nomination earlier today--sort of.  Nominated in the category Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series was Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot.  (ABC.com)

• Love 2

Chloe is making news after praising a white actor for stepping down after finding out his character was originally Asian in the Hellboy comics.

Article

I love that she's standing up for herself. I, for the life of me, don't get why some of the casting for comic book movies are so spot on and others are just so off-base, especially Marvel and its Asian characters. And its crazy that Chloe says that the first audition after she changed her name, she got a role. In today's world it still blows my mind that this is an issue. Bring on the diversity Hollywood! 

• Love 8

AoS panel at New York City Comic Con next month...

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49005/Marvel-Television-Presents-Marvels-Agents-of-SHIELD

Marvel Television Presents: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
October 07, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM

The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Join Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, in celebrating Season Five of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the entire cast and executive producers as they come together at Madison Square Garden, for the very first time, with an action-packed panel, Q&A and never-before-seen footage. This is the one you've been waiting for!

18 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Kind of makes sense. With how bad Inhumans looks to be I imagine that Disney wants to have some presence on their main network with an MCU show that is actually decent. Like just thinking worst case scenario where they don't even do full season of Inhumans and cancel AoS then they have no MCU show on ABC.

• Love 1

Yea i am sure the highly paid suits at disney know exactly how much having a marvel show on abc translates into box office dollars for mcu movies. Even for people who dont watch the show, seeing promos for it during other abc is probably like a reminder for the end mcu in general.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:22 PM, ProudMary said:

Yeah, I have heard about this from other places but I wasn't surprised when I first heard about it. I mean who gives a show that only gets a 2. something in live ratings a full 22 episode5th  season without there being a contracted deal and/or some kind of protection from on high? Not even Fringe got that with their low ratings (and I would say that it was a much better show, overall than AoS ever was) and, I heard they got their last season to wrap things because the head network guy liked the show but could only give them like 12 or 13 episodes to wrap everything up.

Edited by TVSpectator
2 minutes ago, misstwpherecool said:

I always heard have it's best to have at least 100 epis for syndication.  And it's 'free' marketing for the Marvel movies. Keeps the brand out there. Especially if this Inhumans  doesn't workout.

The jaded/cynical part of me just thinks that Disney wants to keep it as a "free" marketing for the MCU movies. Which is kind of sad because no matter how bad this show gets and/or how hard it is to justify it on air- Disney wants to keep it as a free commercial for the MCU movies. 

I also have the thought that Disney may want to keep AoS around because of the Inhumans. AoS has been pushing/setting up the Inhuman storyline and I am starting to think that this might be a move to somehow to tie the two shows together?

4 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

The jaded/cynical part of me just thinks that Disney wants to keep it as a "free" marketing for the MCU movies. Which is kind of sad because no matter how bad this show gets and/or how hard it is to justify it on air- Disney wants to keep it as a free commercial for the MCU movies. 

The jaded part of me figures the show is only safe until ABC comes up with an MCU hit. Since at that point AoS is expendable. Agent Carter wasn't the hit, Inhumans probably won't be that hit. Most Wanted never made it to air. And the streaming shows on netflix and Runaways on Hulu don't have a broad enough audience exposure like being on ABC does, and neither does Cloak and Dagger. Being the top show on the mothership network is a big d deal.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The jaded part of me figures the show is only safe until ABC comes up with an MCU hit. Since at that point AoS is expendable. Agent Carter wasn't the hit, Inhumans probably won't be that hit. Most Wanted never made it to air. And the streaming shows on netflix and Runaways on Hulu don't have a broad enough audience exposure like being on ABC does, and neither does Cloak and Dagger. Being the top show on the mothership network is a big d deal.

I doubt that ABC wouldn't cancel AoS IF they don't have another Marvel TV show. IF the Inhumans don't do well, then I could easily see AoS also be taken off the air, IMO.  ABC seems to be done with Marvel and really don't want Marvel on their network and honestly, I kind of understand. Any genre shows are going to be a bitch to not only film but also spend a lot of money on CGI, props, good writers, good showrunners, etc.... While there are more tempting shows, that are much cheaper, waiting to be put on the air. Now, I do wonder if all network heads just like to cancel/get rid of anything that a) isn't making any real money and b) wasn't specifically greenlighted under their term/tenure as network head?

Either way the fact that Disney came in and didn't allow ABC to make a decision on their own seems like that Disney does have plans for the show but at the same time, in my opinion, it also doesn't sound very good that the show needed protection. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I doubt that ABC wouldn't cancel AoS IF they don't have another Marvel TV show. IF the Inhumans don't do well, then I could easily see AoS also be taken off the air, IMO.  ABC seems to be done with Marvel and really don't want Marvel on their network and honestly, I kind of understand. Any genre shows are going to be a bitch to not only film but also spend a lot of money on CGI, props, good writers, good showrunners, etc.... While there are more tempting shows, that are much cheaper, waiting to be put on the air. Now, I do wonder if all network heads just like to cancel/get rid of anything that a) isn't making any real money and b) wasn't specifically greenlighted under their term/tenure as network head?

Either way the fact that Disney came in and didn't allow ABC to make a decision on their own seems like that Disney does have plans for the show but at the same time, in my opinion, it also doesn't sound very good that the show needed protection. 

Well just coming off of Dark Matter being cancelled and Killjoys getting two seasons because SyFy owns a piece of it and protected it I don't care if the boss forced his underling to keep a show on.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Raja said:

Well just coming off of Dark Matter being cancelled and Killjoys getting two seasons because SyFy owns a piece of it and protected it I don't care if the boss forced his underling to keep a show on.

Whatever a lot of the TV podcasters are predicting that this will be the final season either way. I mean ABC probably doesn't like being embarrassed about NOT making a decision and there is also the money issue. This show has to be expensive as hell to make. I mean how much do you think that actors like John Hannah and David O'Hara cost and that they had them on at the same time as well?

5 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Whatever a lot of the TV podcasters are predicting that this will be the final season either way. I mean ABC probably doesn't like being embarrassed about NOT making a decision and there is also the money issue. This show has to be expensive as hell to make. I mean how much do you think that actors like John Hannah and David O'Hara cost and that they had them on at the same time as well?

I predicted last year was going to be the last, glad tat I got the reprieve. If Uncle Walt's ghost keeps the show alive then I am happy for it.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Raja said:

I predicted last year was going to be the last, glad tat I got the reprieve. If Uncle Walt's ghost keeps the show alive then I am happy for it.

I would say only for a free marketing for their more profitable and bigger MCU films. Sadly this show isn't even hit any cultural milestones that other shows- like Firefly and/or Lost has received and the story of them being kept alive because of a parent corporation doesn't sound very well, either, in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I was just about to post this news myself. Well done, AoS. Natalia Cordova-Buckley is a welcome addition to the cast. Two Inhumans on the team is great for Daisy's Secret Warriors.

6 hours ago, Raja said:

Great news I remember the stories that she was about to give up the dream when she got the Yo-yo gig 

Excellent news!  I figured she'd be promoted when Yo-Yo was taken by S.W.O.R.D. with Coulson, May, Daisy, Fitz, Simmons, and Mack.

Edited by Star Aristille
On 10/14/2017 at 7:49 PM, LilJen said:

Medusa's wig was bad enough to earn a cancellation. The actress looked 1000 times better with a buzz cut.

The date on that article (or at least the one that I could find) says it was published on 9/22/2017 and Inhumans is already aire several episodes since then.

Was that a Brood, or just an incredible facsimile? I assumed they would be part of Fox’s X-Men character package.

In any case, it’s amusing to think that Marvel may have ripped off their own Xenomorph rip-offs. It wouldn’t even be the first time either - in one of the X-Men games, they called them the “Cersi” because of some rights issue.

The award winners will be announced by ComicBook.com on Facebook at 7 pm ET on December 28, 2017...

2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Promo [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/12/21/video-2017-comicbook-com-golden-issue-awards-promo/

The 2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Nominations for TV
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/12/21/2017-golden-issue-awards-nominees-tv/

Welcome to the 2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards, where we here at ComicBook.com take a look back at the year that was and choose the best of the best in comics and comic book-related media.
SLIDE 1/12 – BEST RETURNING TV SERIES
The nominees are:
Arrow (The CW)
Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Riverdale (The CW)
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
SLIDE 8/12 – BEST GUEST APPEARANCE
The nominees are:
Jemaine Clement as Oliver Bird - Legion
Molly Ringwald as Mary Andrews - Riverdale
Katee Sackhoff as Amunet Black - The Flash
Brett Dalton as Grant Ward - Agents of SHIELD
Charlie Tahan as Scarecrow - Gotham
SLIDE 11/12 – MOST TRAGIC DEATH
The nominations are:
Martin Stein - Legends of Tomorrow
Shiva the Tiger - The Walking Dead
Sasha Williams - The Walking Dead
Ofelia Salazar - Fear the Walking Dead
The Patriot - Agents of SHIELD

Edited by tv echo

Best Comic Movie, TV Show, Character & Moment Of 2017
by Autumn Noel Kelly 12/29/17
http://www.player.one/best-2017-comic-book-movie-tv-show-moment-worst-dc-marvel-122692

Best: Agents Of SHIELD

The scope of Agents of SHIELD gets bigger and better every year. While the end of Season 4 dragged a little bit with the framework storyline, Ghost Rider’s role early on in the season tied into the finale. The later time slot gave the series more creative leeway and the season left off with a huge cliffhanger in space. The Season 5 midseason finale earlier this month might have been the best of the year. We got nostalgic with Lance Hunter’s return and the series went back to its roots.

There are two close seconds: The Gifted and Legion. Both were standalone X-men properties and both were pleasant surprises. Polaris, Eclipse, Dreamer and other less-popular comic book mutants on The Gifted make the series feel different than the movies. Unlike The Gifted, Legion largely studies David Haller, the son of Professor X, as he tries to separate his abilities from reality. The show’s placement on FX instead of Fox provides for amazing visual effects and production design.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

2017 in Review: OMG-est Plot Twists!
By Team TVLine / December 13 2017
https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-plot-twists-2017/#!22/2017-plot-twists-agents-shield/

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Jemma learns that Fitz, among others, had been replaced with an LMD!

2017 in Review: Which TV Character Had the Most Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Year? Cast Your Vote!
By Team TVLine / December 9 2017
https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-characters-worst-year-2017/#!6/elizabeth-henstridge-15/

Jemma Simmons, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Nearly killed by true love Fitz’s LMD  — then saw the real Fitz get abducted into the Framework, where he was transformed into an evil overlord canoodling with Aida. Upon rescuing Fitz, she was abducted by mysterious agents and subject to a(nother!) Kree monolith that catapulted her into a post-apocalyptic future in space, while Fitz was left behind in the doomed present. Oh, and that new makeup job.

Performer of the Year: The 20 Finalists
By Team TVLine / December 12 2017
https://tvline.com/gallery/2017-performer-of-the-year-finalists/#!8/unnamed-236/

Iain De Caestecker, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The year started off (relatively) quietly for Fitz’s portrayer, but come late February, he stepped to the fore with his most impressive performances yet: first, making us fear for Daisy’s life as an evil LMD, and then in the seven-episode Framework arc, where the do-right genius was “rebooted” as Aida’s ruthless overlord lover.

ETA: TVLine ultimately gave its Peformer of the Year award to Carrie Coon (The Leftovers).

2017 in Review: The Scenes We Desperately Wish We Could Unsee
By Kimberly Roots / December 10 2017, 6:00 AM PST
https://tvline.com/gallery/worst-tv-moments-2017-gross-photos/#!1/grossest-scenes-shield-may-leg/

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Transported with the others through space and time by a Kree monolith, May drew perhaps the shortest straw, materializing aboard the space station with a steel pipe impaling her leg! (But what better way to account for actress Ming-Na Wen’s between-seasons knee surgery?) Sure, she would intrepidly wrest herself free, but we winced with her every step of the way!

2017 In Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 17 2017
https://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2017/#!2/agents-shield-i-love-you-quote/AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

“I love you.”

“I know.”

Hunter (Nick Blood) sents Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) to fight a war among the stars

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Captain Comics: It’s time to celebrate the best of 2017 genre entertainment
By Andrew A. Smith  Posted Dec 31, 2017
http://www.swtimes.com/entertainmentlife/20171231/captain-comics-its-time-to-celebrate-best-of-2017-genre-entertainment

9. “What th-?” moments on TV: Given all those shows, it’s difficult to narrow down a list of heart-stopping moments. But here are a few:
‒ The season premiere of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was one wild discovery after another. By the mid-season finale, “S.H.I.E.L.D.” was must-see television.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Review of last night's episode...

Fights, action, and deaths spur Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. into high gear
Kevin Johnson   Yesterday 10:50pm
https://tv.avclub.com/fights-action-and-deaths-spur-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-1821818401

... But it’s Fitz who stands out, a man still reeling from the darkness that he espoused in the Framework and who believes that darkness is still inside him. His near slip-ups are smoothed over with horrifying, fatalistic detail. Watch as he describes the best way to control humans, or the small ways he cozies up more and more to Kasius. Even as he embraces his dark side to maintain his ruse, Ian De Caestecker imbues a struggle with every delivery, indicating his own attempts to maintain his humanity.

The stuff that occurs in Kasius’ domain and in The Crater (which is apparently what the fighting area is called) is where the real meat of the episode lie. Fitz and Simmons’ reunion is constantly interrupted, with deafness, by Kasius, by other servants–until the final sequence, an almost Han Solo/Princess Leia-like save where the two kiss and immediately agree to get married. May is forced to fight Ben, and even while injured and at a disadvantage to a telepath, she still puts up a damn good fight, before she’s set to her presumed death on the surface (“thanks” to Fitz interference). And Daisy is forced to fight Sinara, a well-earned battle after witnessing the Kree kill Ben essentially due to him helping her. The Daisy of the past would probably wallow in her guilt, but here, she refocuses and lays a heck of a smack down on the Kree protector, but doesn’t get caught up in her need for vengeance when the breakout goes down. Fitz cleanly puts a bullet in her head instead. It’s a lot, but Gregg’s direction is solid and clear, juggling a lot of balls at once and ensuring it all comes to fruition.
That’s where Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. does its best work, though. Lots of drama, lots of action, lots of balls in the air, with powers and aliens and space ships and time travel. Gregg’s direction, if not a standout, manages the material with aplomb, fitting perfectly within the run of episodes out here in the Lighthouse. But now it’s time to head to the surface to see what–or who–lies beyond those Roaches.
Enoch and Fitz also make for a fun odd couple of sorts, Enoch’s deadpan directness contrasting with Fitz’s controlled-but-apparent emotional determination. The end tag was interesting, which looks to be Enoch forcing his own way to the surface. Does he had his own agenda?
***Update: Many people are mentioning that Fitz used an Icer in the final escape scene. I rewatched it, and... man, it really just comes across as regular bullets for some reason, and I think it’s because Fitz nail a lot of direct headshots and *some* blue-esque CGI squibs out. Also, Gregg mentions his directorial debut will be bloody, so that, coupled with Simmon’s throat-slash, made it seem like a massacre. But I’ll leave this point here on the off-chance that Sinara was indeed only iced.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Review of last night's episode...

Fights, action, and deaths spur Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. into high gear
Kevin Johnson   Yesterday 10:50pm
https://tv.avclub.com/fights-action-and-deaths-spur-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-1821818401

It was an icer, remember the prototype in the pilot episode, Agent Ward took a head shot. He may be in Leopold mode but so far only Hunter has been a straight out hit man like cold on the show when he took out "Hunter" Fred Dyer playing a Hydra leader.

Once Upon a Time, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans: ABC Boss Weighs In on Fate of Scripted Friday Slate
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 8 2018, 11:04 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/01/08/once-upon-a-time-season-8-renewal-agents-of-shield-inhumans/

Appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Monday, ABC entertainment chief Channing Dungey weighed in on the respective fates of Once Upon a Time, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel’s Inhumans, all of which have struggled to claim a meaningful Friday audience.

Among the broadcast network’s Marvel fare, Dungey told reporters after her executive session Q&A that S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s “creative this season I honestly think is the strongest that it’s ever been, and we’ve been really excited about what the producers are talking about for the second half of the season.” That said, Dungey is waiting to hear the producers’ Season 6 plan to “make a better determination about whether were going to order another season or not.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

AoS has been nominated for a VES Award...

Visual Effects Society Announces Nominees for the 16th Annual VES Awards
January 16, 2018
http://mailchi.mp/visualeffectssociety/95l3leeisz?e=f34fbbfcaf

Today, the Visual Effects Society (VES), the industry’s professional global honorary society, announced the nominees for the 16th Annual VES Awards, the prestigious yearly celebration that recognizes outstanding visual effects artistry and innovation in film, animation, television, commercials and video games and the VFX supervisors, VFX producers and hands-on artists who bring this work to life. BLADE RUNNER 2049  and WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES tie for the most feature film nominations with seven each.  DESPICABLE ME 3 is the top animated film contender with five nominations and GAME OF THRONES leads the broadcast field and scores the most nominations overall with 11. 

Nominees in 24 categories were selected by VES members via events hosted by 10 of its Sections, including Australia, Bay Area, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York, New Zealand, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington. The VES Awards will be held on February 13th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.  As previously announced, the VES Georges Méliès Award will be presented to Academy Award®-winning visual effects master Joe Letteri, VES. The VES Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to acclaimed producer-writer-director Jon Favreau.  Award-winning actor-comedian-author Patton Oswalt will once again host the VES Awards. 

Nominees for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode: 
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; Orientation Part 1
Game of Thrones; Beyond the Wall        
Legion; Chapter 1
Star Trek: Discovery; The Vulcan Hello
Stranger Things 2; The Gate

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

On the Agent of Shield Facebook, they’ve posted a video called “A Hundred Shield Episodes in One Hundred Seconds.”

Go watch it, it was amazing, and hit all the crazy big moments that we’ve all loved so much.

• Love 1

There are no actual spoilers in these articles, but still there are spoilerish hints, so read at your own risk...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs on Delivering Episode 100's Surprise ________, Plus What's Next for Two Big Reveals
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 9 2018, 7:00 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/03/09/agents-of-shield-recap-season-5-episode-12-fitz-simmons-wedding-deke-grandson/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. bosses on Coulson's fate, that familial reveal
NATALIE ABRAMS March 09, 2018 AT 10:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/09/agents-of-shield-coulson-fitzsimmons-wedding-deke/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2