Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When they walked into that meal and someone made a comment about Bethenny’s fuzzy white jacket including the word PETA I was amazed that nobody spoke up to Sonja who came in wearing a real fur left over from her Grand Dame days. They were probably trying not to egg on the Monster. 

When Carole was sitting at the bar with Tinsley (ordering Bloody Marys) she was still wearing the tattoo bodysuit. She had a sweater on so it only showed on her legs. I hope she wore underwear for wearing that two days in a row. 

Carole was wearing what looked like Gucci patterned tights or socks, not the bodysuit.  Although, it looked like she did pack two bodysuits, at least.  However, she wasn't wearing either at the brunch.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

200w_d.gif

As gifs go, this one pretty much sucks.  First effort.  I will try to do better.  ?

And this cracked me up no end @SuprSuprElevated. I really admire things I can't do, like sing, paint and make gifs/memes. I bow down to you guys. THANKYOU!!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

From what I remember of Dorinda's first season on the show - both she and Ramona talked about Richard's passing. Dorinda couldn't get out of bed, she cried 24/7 and wouldn't even leave her apartment. John was allegedly friends of Dorinda & Richard. She cried on his shoulders all the time. I always saw it as John made his move really quick with Dorinda - 6 months after his death. If she is still grieving to this day - and there are times she is really weepy - can you imagine what she was like 6 months after his death?

John is an opportunistic pig that took advantage of a grieving woman. He knew then she lost the love of her life.

Dorinda - saying I love a bald man and the cameras panning over to John - serious shade from production - I did feel bad for him at that moment.

However, he should have never started dating her in the first place. It's his own fault for staying in this relationship so long - she has been consistent from the jump - she doesn't want to get married, she is past having more kids, she still feels Richard is/was the love of her life, every anniversary of his death she wears her wedding ring.

What I remember is the day after Richard died-Dorinda was at Ramona's birthday party.

John and Dorinda hooked very shortly after Richard's passing-had Ruchard's body even reached room temperature?  That is on Dorinda and maybe it is about Dorinda not being able to be without a man.  Now she has outgrown John-until she needs him which seems to be pretty much everyday..  

Then we have Dorinda who goes into John's business everyday-according to her and she checks his cell phone to see if he is fooling around.  She also claims John has more of his clothes in the Berkshires than she does.  Dorinda had no problems with leaving RIchard's belongings around the Berkshire estate, which Carole pointed out was uncomfortable, or spooky or creepy.  The widows once they move on which both Carole and Dorinda have, need to realize others have their own form of pain.  Sonja, Luann, Ramona and Bethenny all have children with the exes-which is huge.  The genesis of this argument was never about Sonja being the first to assert something on Dorinda it was about Dorinda discounting Sonja's life. 

Widowhood is difficult but Carole and Dorinda seemed to have filled the void and should maybe not think their pain is greater than a divorce.  Sonja can be an ass and she has a child with her ex who has refused to communicate with her.  For all the stories about being able to pick the phone and call the ex, there is the reality that if you are dead to him it doesn't much matter.  Dorinda may think she and Richard would have been happily ever after but that is a fool'e comment.  He died and they were in love.  One cannot predict what the future holds. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Although I enjoyed some of Bethenny's running commentary on the party, I did think it was rude of her to make fun of the stemware on the table.  For all we know, those could've been passed down to Ramona by a loved one and they meant something to her.   I know that's a petty thing to point out, but it irked me.  You don't go into someone's house and start picking apart their possessions.  At least Bethenny could laugh at herself and how ridiculous most of them looked.

The way she said it made me think that she thought a buffet was beneath her.  I thought the food looked lovely.  I love a buffet.  I can choose what I want without offending the server if I didn't like something they plopped down on my plate.  

I was going to say the same thing!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Back in March 2017:

Coerte V. W. Felske of Montauk, 56, stands charged with D.W.I. for the third time since 2012, though he has no criminal record since both prior cases were adjudicated as violations. Town police said they saw his 1989 Toyota stopped on Industrial Road in Montauk early Sunday in front of an unoccupied structure. They pulled over to question him and brought him back to headquarters on suspicion of drunken driving. Both his insurance and registration have lapsed, police noted, leading to two additional misdemeanor charges.

Maybe he'll apply to be her assistant?

Luann would deign to be seen and photographed with a former "beau" who drives a 1989 Toyota?

Probably had that same damned car back when he was "dating" her.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She is so snarkable without that. 

MindThinkr already apologized /clarified her comment a couple of pages ago.

16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I was going to say the same thing!

I LOVE a buffet! 

It's often more trouble than a sit-down meal -- you need more food/dishes (to make it look buffet worthy) pretty serving dishes, and a buffet station --they also ate at a beautifully laid table, not on friggin' tv trays, so I fail to see the insult in a buffet.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

MindThinkr already apologized /clarified her comment a couple of pages ago.

I LOVE a buffet! 

It's often more trouble than a sit-down meal -- you need more food/dishes (to make it look buffet worthy) pretty serving dishes, and a buffet station --they also ate at a beautifully laid table, not on friggin' tv trays, so I fail to see the insult in a buffet.

RIGHT??!!  The food looked good.  I like a HW that eats.  Listening to OC order food is painful.  Have some bread or cheese FFS!  While I no longer watch NJ I could watch the holiday eps over and over.  I want to eat at the Manzo house at a holiday.  I might have to wear earmuffs but that won't damper the fun of eating really good food.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda isn't "living" in the past, she reminisces about Richard. Sonja still acts like she still owns a yacht and will be on it next week. 

Dorinda and Richard were married for 6 years, Hannah was 10 when they married and 16 when he died and she spent time with her dad during those years as well. I am not saying that she/Richard weren't close but that her dad is still alive and that they spend time together.

Isn’t he bankrolling her life, too?  

Not to confuse her with Tins or anything... heh!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you @ryebread  Right now I’m feeling like the ladies on RHOBH who have apologized and nobody recognized it. 

I’M VERY SORRY FOR MY INAPPROPRIATE COMMENT. IT WAS NOT PUT HERE TO SPARK ANY FIRES. 

I was saying that the accomplishment was the marathon...not childbirth. Just to be clear. 

Sorry for misunderstanding!  Let’s hug and drink champagne and fight about something else, shall we?  

Edited by larapu2000
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Miss Carole was on WWHL and when asked about the tiff with Bethenny was all sugar and wonderment.  She had no idea there was an issue until she started seeing her THs. And Bethenny is saying she and Tinsley were thick as thieves.  But of course she is friendly with Tinsley but not like she was friends with Bethenny.  She came 4 hours and bought $300 worth of roses for her birthday.  Not sure how we’re supposed to make this jive with her twitter feud that started before RHONY started to air.  And any woman that was EVA in 8th grade knows what Tins and Carole were doing at the diner.  That subtle cold shoulder, conversation that doesn’t include you?  That’s the mean girls lunch entertainment.

Carole is pissed for some reason and now suddenly she’s very injured by Bethenny being mean.  I’m confused.

In an interview Carole gave 2 weeks ago, she said that Bethenny says something about Adam and that is what ends their friendship. Why she is saying something else on WWHL might be because she isn't suppose to reveal what happens on the show before it airs.

8 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Isn’t he bankrolling her life, too?  

Not to confuse her with Tins or anything... heh!

I sure her dad and Dorinda are paying for Hannah's apartment/living expenses (I don't think she has a job but I am not certain of that).

• Love 7
On 4/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I’m afraid to tell you that sometimes it’s true but it can be overplayed. 

Sonja looked drugged to me. I don't know what medication she is on, but maybe she needs less of it. 

Dorinda is out of control. She is so volatile and goes beserk on a regular basis. Yes, Sonja was insensitive, but there was no excuse for Dorinda's behavior. Mean, scary drunk. 

In the TH Carole's mouth looks lopsided. Too much filler?

23 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Sonia is not fat. Say what you want about that woman, but she is still rather small. Anyone would feel large next to sticks like Beth and Carole.

She's not fat but looks heavier than usual and kind of bloated. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Sonja looked drugged to me. I don't know what medication she is on, but maybe she needs less of it. 

Dorinda is out of control. She is so volatile and goes beserk on a regular basis. Yes, Sonja was insensitive, but there was no excuse for Dorinda's behavior. Mean, scary drunk. 

In the TH Carole's mouth looks lopsided. Too much filler?

According to Sonja, she isn't on any medication now. She quit taking her hormone replacement med and her antidepressant med and is "juicing" instead because she gained weight from the meds. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda isn't "living" in the past, she reminisces about Richard. Sonja still acts like she still owns a yacht and will be on it next week. 

Dorinda and Richard were married for 6 years, Hannah was 10 when they married and 16 when he died and she spent time with her dad during those years as well. I am not saying that she/Richard weren't close but that her dad is still alive and that they spend time together.

Hannah's dad is the one funding her lifestyle now.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

But the biggest problem I have is I think there is something really wrong with Sonja. Like Amanda Bynes wrong. I don't find her or the takedown of her funny at all. Well, okay, Carole's comment, "She looks normal from the outside" was pretty funny, for the most part, I was really uncomfortable through most of the episode. 

Me too. Something looks off with her. She doesn't seem all there. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Me too. Something looks off with her. She doesn't seem all there. 

That's why I think LuAnn is seeing something the others aren't picking up on.  She tried to diffuse the situation with Dorinda, but she wasn't having any of it.   IMO, they all have their faults and issues, but if they continue the pile on with Sonja, she will become the one that many viewers sympathize with and the other ladies will end up looking like turds.   I hope the whole season isn't about continually berating her.  That's going to get old real quick.  On the other hand, if Sonja continues to lie about the other ladies, then she has no one to blame but herself.  Oh what a tangled web she weaves! 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Just my opinion I think Sonja would quit the anti depressants because of the weight gain BUT keep a huge bottle of Xanax on hand. She looked spacey to me. 

Is she eating though? I'm not sure she is, I suspect she is mainly juicing and it is possible that she isn't getting proper nutrition. She looks ill to me.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

It took my ass alllll day to read the 9 pages on the episode. Wayyyyy worth it. *Waves* Welcome new posters! WE have cake and champs. And gatorade.

Everyone has put it out  there  much better than I can so I haven't much to add. New York is by far my favorite franchise . I hope we get a drunken vacation before Lu gets busted. We deserve it for the pain and suffering from BH.

Hey, I already suggested a PTV cruise...

;)

• Love 14
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When Sonja was rambling, did she say that intern Connor waited on Tinsley hand and foot?  Because he answered the door and accepted a package for her?  How was he to know, when he made the decision to answer the door, that the package wasn't Sonja's?

Sonja has become totally unhinged and nasty...she has picked on Tinsley from day one...but the worst is to spread rumors that Tinsley is a kept woman. Honestly, Sonja just seems like a bitter old bitch that cannot accept that men want younger, prettier girls. She acts like she's still the 20 something society sexpot that all the men want. It's sad and embarrassing for her daughter that she continues to behave like a spoiled brat who publicly chastises and ridicules people and tops it off with boasts of her younger (and older) sexual conquests. As Trump would say..."Sad"...

• Love 9

I just thought it was all the work Sonja's been getting done.  I used to honestly think she was pretty.  Maybe Season 5 ish or so?  But this year it's a no from me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Dorinda needs serious mental help.  The way she lashes out, the way she can't handle drinking, and the harshness of how she talks to others.. i don't see how she can lecture Sonja/Ramona that they aren't dealing with reality when she isn't dealing with it very well.  I also think her pointing out if her late husband were still alive, they would have stayed together also was meant to hammer home to Sonja that her marriage was better then hers.  

I guess I've not liked Dorinda that much going back to her debut season when she blamed Kristen for her leech of boyfriend John putting the moves on her... basically victim blaming.  She's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• Love 11

I can't believe I'm going to side with Sonja on this, but here we go. 

• I have a best friend who comes and stays with me every summer and sometimes in late fall for a couple of months. Her sister comes and stays for at least a few weeks also. Other family members will come down for a week during  their family reunion. They are always bringing dinner in, if they go shopping I normally get a gift. They buy groceries and take me out to dinner. Being raised in the south I was taught to repay hospitality. Tinsley's mother chastised her for not doing little things along the way for Sonja. I agree with her. Tinsley should have done some small things along the way for Sonja. Bringing in some pastries for breakfast or fresh fruits or other goodies. Maybe some flowers. The party was very nice as were the gifts ( with the exception being that picture). T was not a good house guest.  JMO.
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, film noire said:

Getting pregnant isn't necessarily an accomplishment (although for some couples, it can be) but that aside, anything a woman does that involves focus and dedication  - whether carrying a baby to term & through labour or running a marathon  (or just leaving the house for some women) is an accomplishment, imo.  

Let's just say I am a woman of few accomplishments, then, shall we?  ;-)

4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’ve said on here before that people shouldn’t take the position that their pain is superior to another’s pain.  

Yes, but I'm in 100% pain for 5, 7, 9 days a week!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BloggerAloud said:

Sonja Morgan feels like if you took a tragic heroine from an Edith Wharton novel and plopped her into a reality show.

The House of Girth  (no fat shaming - 'just needed a plot-relevant rhyme!)

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Reality police said:

• I have a best friend who comes and stays with me every summer and sometimes in late fall for a couple of months. Her sister comes and stays for at least a few weeks also. Other family members will come down for a week during  their family reunion. They are always bringing dinner in, if they go shopping I normally get a gift. They buy groceries and take me out to dinner. Being raised in the south I was taught to repay hospitality. Tinsley's mother chastised her for not doing little things along the way for Sonja. I agree with her. Tinsley should have done some small things along the way for Sonja. Bringing in some pastries for breakfast or fresh fruits or other goodies. Maybe some flowers. The party was very nice as were the gifts ( with the exception being that picture). T was not a good house guest.  JMO.

Well, this really was a business deal where their employer, that would be Bravo/production, paid Sonja extra for all the filming they did at her house last season (and the season before when Luann stayed with her), so Tinsley did Sonja a favor. It's not like Tinsley couldn't afford to rent her own place from the get go, so she did Sonja the favor, not so much the other way around. LOL Which may be why Tinsley is SO upset, she can't break the 4th wall here and spill the beans and Sonja knows it but is using it as a storyline/weapon against Tinsley for camera time anyway.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She quit taking her hormone replacement med and her antidepressant med and is "juicing" instead because she gained weight from the meds. 

Juicing can make ya fat.  Truth.

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

It's sad and embarrassing for her daughter that she continues to behave like a spoiled brat who publicly chastises and ridicules people

Let's be honest. Every HW who has a daughter is an embarrassment to her. I don't see Sonja's behavior as any more bad/sad, as it relates to her daughter, than Dorinda's is to Hanna or Moaner's to Avery or Lu's to Victoria. If I had a nickel for every time one of us said, "Poor Bryn"....

This season, Sonja and Dorinda's bat shit crazy just happens to be more on display, on display, on display.  Poor Antonia.  (See how that works? :-)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Let's just say I am a woman of few accomplishments, then, shall we?  ;-)

I think all the birds & beasts you care for would disagree, Walnut Queen ; )

1 hour ago, Reality police said:

• I have a best friend who comes and stays with me every summer and sometimes in late fall for a couple of months. 

Two months, Reality Police? Damn,  that's truly old school -- very 1880s "Do come stay at The Breakers for the Newport season!" kind of entertaining (and I'm totally envious, btw -- I'd love to have my best friend visit for two months). 

I get your point -- thoughtfulness can't be replaced --but if I were given the choice between flowers and pastries along the way, versus a five thousand dollar gift card at the end of the visit. I'd grab the gift card and run. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22
45 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think all the birds & beasts you care for would disagree, Walnut Queen ; )

Two months, Reality Police? Damn,  that's truly old school -- very 1880s "Do come stay at The Breakers for the Newport season!" kind of entertaining (and I'm totally envious, btw -- I'd love to have my best friend visit for two months). 

I get your point -- thoughtfulness can't be replaced --but if I were given the choice between flowers and pastries along the way, versus a five thousand dollar gift card at the end of the visit. I'd grab the gift card and run. 

It is a wonderful time for us all. They had come down from Michigan for years to attend their reunion and stayed a couple of weeks. I was fortunate to have them come when my husband was hospitalized and eventually we had to take him off life support. My friend ended up staying with me for four months. Her sister had to go home to help with grandchildren. Since then we have made it tradition every year. 

As for the gift card, Hell yes I'd take it! 

• Love 13
On 4/26/2018 at 1:26 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who gets that Carole is being tongue-in-cheek about the "marathon party"?

I get it.  She never asked for the party, and Ramona bulldozed her way into having it.  Carole knew it was silly, and her little quips showed her sense of humor about it all.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, shoegal said:

Carole was wearing what looked like Gucci patterned tights or socks, not the bodysuit.  Although, it looked like she did pack two bodysuits, at least.  However, she wasn't wearing either at the brunch.  

Those tattoos bodysuits are back or was she wearing an original?

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I get it.  She never asked for the party, and Ramona bulldozed her way into having it.  Carole knew it was silly, and her little quips showed her sense of humor about it all.

Carole’s tone came across as  playful. It was a joke.

Also, at one point, Beth said something regarding Ramona’s intent when they brought out the special cake. It most likely had a special dedication to Carole.

It appears to me, that Ramona wanted to throw a party for multiple reasons: to celebrate Carole’s accomplishment and have a get together. 

Ramona while beastly and awkward at times is also a person who takes care of her friends, imo.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, this really was a business deal where their employer, that would be Bravo/production, paid Sonja extra for all the filming they did at her house last season (and the season before when Luann stayed with her), so Tinsley did Sonja a favor. It's not like Tinsley couldn't afford to rent her own place from the get go, so she did Sonja the favor, not so much the other way around. LOL Which may be why Tinsley is SO upset, she can't break the 4th wall here and spill the beans and Sonja knows it but is using it as a storyline/weapon against Tinsley for camera time anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure which is the bigger sin; not showering your host with daily 'gifts', or griping to anyone who will listen that your 'houseguest' isn't showering you with daily gifts.  And just like when Dorinda excluded her from that one gathering, it is clear that Sawnya cannot let.it.go.

• Love 15
On 4/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Bronzedog said:

I was really underwhelmed by Dennis.

Same here.  Not really who I was expecting for  Bethany.  

Apparently Dorinda was not underwhelmed. She seemed to be flirting and flattering Dennis a bit too much.  Her taste in men is bizarre.  With that being said, Dorinda and Dennis seem  much better suited for each other than John the Letch and Dorinda .

John is just so gross in every way. Sweaty ogler.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ryebread said:

She quit taking her hormone replacement med and her antidepressant med and is "juicing" instead because she gained weight from the me

I've been taking anti-depressants for years and haven't gained weight. It depends on what type you're taking. I wonder if Sonja is on some other medication. Alcohol certainly doesn't help. I know she's said she's not drinking but I don't believe her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Typos
  • Love 7

There are a couple of races around here that would be perfect for these housewives; one is a 5K with wine stops along the way and another is a 5K through an actual vineyard with wine at the end.  I'm sure Ramona would love them and she wouldn't even have to run!

Speaking of Ramona, I'm kinda surprised she didn't bring up her divorce at any point.  It's weird that she seems the most well adjusted post divorce of all the other divorced women on the show.  Like, sign of the apocalypse weird.  I'm sure it won't last, but I'm finding "Ramona, Unlikely Voice of Reason" from The Soup jangling around my brain so far.  

• Love 15

For me, the best line of the episode came from Dennis.  It was when they were at Ramona's dinner party.  Romana and Sonja were yelling at each other in the other room and Dorinda and Tinsley were asking who was yelling and what was going on.  Dennis says, I don't know, I was told to stay by this chair.  LOL!!  God bless him.  I love when a man listens to his partner no matter how unreasonable her request may sound.  I laughed my ass off.

Dorinda is mean!!!  Sure, she has a right to be upset with Sonja if that's how she feels but she doesn't have to be so nasty about it.  Get a grip and be a little nicer.  Liar, Liar, ho on fire?  So nasty and uncalled for.

Sorry posting so late.  Didn't even get a chance to read through the entire thread.  

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Speaking of Ramona, I'm kinda surprised she didn't bring up her divorce at any point.  It's weird that she seems the most well adjusted post divorce of all the other divorced women on the show.

You know, I didn't even think about that!  She does seem to be doing pretty good.  Even though there will always be some level of hurt over Mario being a turd to her, time does tend to make things a little easier to deal with.  Here's hoping Ramona continues to do well.  No matter how nutty or catty these women can be, I'd never wish that kind of emotional pain on any of them.   

I'm not sure if I heard Ramona correctly, but didn't she say that she didn't want to "tout" her own horn?  I replayed it and that's the way I heard it, but that doesn't mean that's the way she said it!  

• Love 11

Dennis and that sweater.  Gucci or not, it was ugly as fuck.  And you'd think being as wealthy as Beth is she could find someone who is not so bland.  But then again, with that "I know everything, I see everything, I have vision, I know Obama but want to pretend that I don't want my photo with him displayed" personality, perhaps not.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Bethenney buys an already gorgeous house that needs MINIMAL work and then brags that very few people have "vision."  Could she be any more full of herself?  

She might have a rude awakening

she said the house is historical thus She might have trouble getting permits.

This is Long Island after all and we are among the best when it comes to the NIMBY arena. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

There are a couple of races around here that would be perfect for these housewives; one is a 5K with wine stops along the way and another is a 5K through an actual vineyard with wine at the end.  I'm sure Ramona would love them and she wouldn't even have to run!

Speaking of Ramona, I'm kinda surprised she didn't bring up her divorce at any point.  It's weird that she seems the most well adjusted post divorce of all the other divorced women on the show.  Like, sign of the apocalypse weird.  I'm sure it won't last, but I'm finding "Ramona, Unlikely Voice of Reason" from The Soup jangling around my brain so far.  

Well last season she was just horrible, ripping fixtures and fittings off Dorinda's walls and spewing venom whenever possible so I'm not sure how well adjusted she is but, having said that, her divorce was a billion times quicker than Bethenny, she never harps on about it and seems to live in the reality of the moment. No living in the past like Sonja or going on drunken rampages like Luanne

• Love 7

So why did Beth tell Dennis to stay near that chair?

Sonja’s TH is getting a lot of attention because of the clown make-up, but have you noticed the hair? It’s parted on the far, far left and swept across her forehead horizontally. It resembles a combover.

I was amused that, after the yelling and spitting and popping veins, as Ramona is leaving, she says, “Everything was delicious!” and Lu responds with this wry chuckle. 

John touching Carole’s body stocking and then pulling at the vest, ick. 

• Love 8