Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

And what is up with Lu Ann's braids.  I read today that she smokes pot.  Maybe the braids are part of her new hippie life style.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

That’s interesting. On Vanderpump Rules one of the girls named Katie, when she became Tequila Katie, was not a very nice person. She became similar to Dorinda. She toned down her drinking and began to smoke pot or eat edibles (she’s in CA where it’s legal). She’s toned down now from a hot mess to the seasons favorite character. LuAnn may be taking a similar approach. Now she can bond better with Carole because they can sit, toke and chill together. Can I ask where you read that or could you please post a link? Thank you. 

Edited to add: Someone posted a link on the Countess thread about where to find the link; it came from Page Six. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who gets that Carole is being tongue-in-cheek about the "marathon party"?

I can never tell with Carole.  I really do think she was serious though.  I guess Ramona should've had a life-size cardboard cutout made of her crossing the finish line.  ;)

Hugs to you, Linderville.  

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Sonja's entire existence is the past. There are things that remind Dorinda of Richard, but she doesn't spend an entire conversation telling you about a yacht she hasn't owned in 15 years. I am wondering if a major milestone related to Richard is approaching. Typically if someone talks about a dead spouse or pet, a significant anniversary is approaching so everything is a reminder and a reason to talk about the lost loved one.

Yesss to all of this... when Dorienda talks about the past its always about Richard .....he would have loved something or oh Richard would have done this or that she is talking about a man she LOVED/LOVES and she never brags she just brings it up in a sad loving way ... Sonja on the other hand talks about boats parties people she used to hang with like it was yesterday not 20 years ago and its the things that came with her ex not her ex himself when she gets caught doing that then she throws in some lip service like oh he was my best friend no no honey his money and his friends were not the man himself ...

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Sonja seems truly mentally ill, and that’s where Bravo’s apparent policy of hiring those with personality disorders really is itself sick - where do you draw the line? At this point, having Sonja on the show is exploitative - she needs help over and above the salary. I wonder if her daughter and/or other relatives could step in.

I'm not sure, yet, if this is true or not. But all signs (the therapist, the antidepressants, the escaping to Costa Rica, the drastic change in diet and drink) are pointing to yes. Which is why Carole's, "She looks normal - on the outside" wasn't so funny to me. It reminded me of how Bethenny kept on Kelly even when she knew Kelly was having a break down of some sort. And Dorinda is just being heinous.

Yeah, some peole are azzholes and deserve a takedown. But once you discover they're on shaky mental or emotional ground, and you continue to pile on, well who's the azzhole then?

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But once you discover they're on shaky mental or emotional ground, and you continue to pile on, well who's the azzhole then?

I think that LuAnn recognizes this in Sonja and that's why she kept hugging her and patting her on the back.  I don't think Sonja is completely innocent, especially after what she said about Tinsley, but there comes a point when the pile-on needs to stop, IMO.  Dorinda was way too harsh in her rant against Sonja.  

But John is such a skeeve that I just don't care (Pulling at Carole's clothes!!!)

That gave me the creeps.  I'm surprised Carole didn't punch him when he reached out and pulled at her top.  

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

like Bethenny but I disagreed with her in this situation! Yes, Sonja does only talk about the lifestyle, the townhouse, the parties while Dorinda only talks about Richard.  That’s because that’s ALL Sonja cared about, not her ex. Meanwhile Dorinda deeply cared for and loved Richard not his money!! 

Exactly. I normally agree with Bethenny, but she lost me on that one. It just made Sonja sound WORSE. 

6 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

Also, Ramona. When they panned I caught a glimpse of a TV mounted to a wall, cables everywhere, cable box on a table. That's not the opulence I expect from the show, and I'm highly disappointed. 

I noticed all those cables too!!! I guess she never got the artist to hide them like she asked last week. 

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Can anyone help me out here? I definitely understand Sonja wanting Ramona to stick up for her. If she really knew the real story behind  Sonja's divorce. What I'm confused about is, I swear I remember in Sonja's first season,  she and Ramona said they were close in the past and partied it up together in their single days but hadn't really seen each other after Sonja married old man Morgan. Am I remembering this correctly?  I understand after the divorce, Sonja probably did tell Ramona her side, that doesn't mean Ramona was around to actually see what happened.  I'm just not sure what she really wants  (from Ramona )as far as defending her marriage.  

I think you are correct. I got the impression that when Sonja started on the show, the two hadn't really hung out in quite awhile. So yea, I don't think Ramona would have any first hand knowledge of how/why it ended. Dorinda is not the first one to put the story of Sonja cheating while he was sick out there. And I don't believe a thing that comes out of Sonja's mouth. Her entire existence is one, big facade. I think that's what certain people are getting sick of. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm not sure, yet, if this is true or not. But all signs (the therapist, the antidepressants, the escaping to Costa Rica, the drastic change in diet and drink) are pointing to yes. Which is why Carole's, "She looks normal - on the outside" wasn't so funny to me. It reminded me of how Bethenny kept on Kelly even when she knew Kelly was having a break down of some sort. And Dorinda is just being heinous.

Yeah, some peole are azzholes and deserve a takedown. But once you discover they're on shaky mental or emotional ground, and you continue to pile on, well who's the azzhole then?

Thats the Problem tho Sonja has gotten away with it for so long... someone is always making an excuse for her there has to come a time I'm sorry when you have to say enough is enough stop coddling this person and allowing them to do this....you have to tell them this is not ok anymore .... but no one does that with sonja EVER they pat her on the head and tell her its ok and then she knows she can continue to act the same way with no repercussions

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm not sure, yet, if this is true or not. But all signs (the therapist, the antidepressants, the escaping to Costa Rica, the drastic change in diet and drink) are pointing to yes.

I forgot to add, her makeup in that one talking head.

Sonja's make-up is usually right on the money. So allowing someone to do that to your face, or worse doing it yourself, is craziness.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, ryebread said:

LuAnn seems to be the only one that gets this - or at least seems  to have some sense that things are not right with Sonja.  (Maybe Bethenny does -IDK, she really hasn't gotten too involved in it).  I've thought for some time that Sonja has issues, but it seems more pronounced this season, for all of the things you pointed out, and that she just seems "off" to me.  When she was walking with Dorinda a couple of episodes ago, she was talking a mile a minute - on and on and she did that at the brunch too.  Just little things I've noticed this season that seem different from past seasons. She almost seems unsteady to me in some scenes (not in a "drunken" way, but in a tentative, unsure way).   And that text to Ramona was way,  way, over the top.  Ramona didn't deserve that, and it seems uncharacteristic for Sonja to go that far with it.  

(It just occurred to me that LuAnn  may actually know more about whatever is going on with Sonja and that her comment "You've been through alot" which brought on Dorinda's rage, may not have referred to Sonja's marriage at all).

I guess in past seasons, Sonja was always a good natured joke - she laughed at herself and we laughed with her.  Now she just seems confused and sad to me.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

LuAnn seems to be the only one that gets this - or at least seems  to have some sense that things are not right with Sonja.  (Maybe Bethenny does -IDK, she really hasn't gotten too involved in it).

But its not their job to make her take medication thats the problem ....she has always made these snide lil comments even in past episodes and have gotten away with it by everyone saying oh thats just Sonja no no more now it will become oh i have a mental illness has her crutch thats why i make these little digs its not me its the illness SHE is responsible for herself and what comes out of her mouth NO ONE ELSE. IF she knows she should be on meds its her job to be on those

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Thats the Problem tho Sonja has gotten away with it for so long... someone is always making an excuse for her there has to come a time I'm sorry when you have to say enough is enough stop coddling this person and allowing them to do this....

I don't disagree. But the reason I think some of them have cut her slack and will now defend her to some extent - Luann, Bethenny, Ramona - is because they know she is generally harmless, generous and sweet which they've said. Even Kelly would probably come to Sonja's  defense in light of how compassionate Sonja was as she tried to stop the pile on of Kelly on Scary Island.

Sure it's okay to tell someone they need to stop being delusional and or hurtful to other people's feelings. But when you're stabbing your finger in their face, and screaming that they're a whore at a dinner party? Not the way I roll.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Sure it's okay to tell someone they need to stop being delusional and or hurtful to other people's feelings. But when you're stabbing your finger in their face, and screaming that they're a whore at a dinner party? Not the way I roll.

She was calling Tins a whore the whole time and then saying well if it wasnt a man keeping her it was her mother..... was she just supposed to sit there and say nothing? thats not how that works esp since Sonja herself only has money because of her EX and is the definition of a kept woman (using her child to continue to get money from her ex) I'm sorry Im not buying a we need to coddle Sonja excuse shes a big girl she knows whats shes doing...  keep her mouth shut and no one will come back with digs of their own

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Reality police said:

Shouldn't disrespect drag queens like that. 

I love drag queens!  Sorry it came across that way:(

I was making fun of her 'I'm so cool gays love me' party. And a little jealous of her having them.

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I remember Dorinda specifically telling Sonja that she wouldn't do well with the group in the Berkshires, that she wasn't a fighter, that she would get trampled on - as justification for not inviting her. I know Dorinda may have said that because it was easier than saying "you pissed Bethenny off, and we all live to serve her." But it was ironic that Dorinda sought to protect Sonja's fragility from the group two seasons ago, and since then, she's gone off on Sonja repeatedly in group situations. And in a very personal way, like referencing Grey Gardens, the state of her finances, the state of her townhouse, and her sex life. I love Dorinda but she is unnecessarily mean a good chunk of the time. And it's often in group settings, when it's not a fair fight.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

Carole would say you are jealous. Guess I must be jealous too.  She was insufferable this episode.   The comments about no memorabilia at the party and lack of theme.  Shut up, Carole!

I've actually never liked Carole. So I'm kind of glad she's not exactly loved this season.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I remember Dorinda specifically telling Sonja that she wouldn't do well with the group in the Berkshires, that she wasn't a fighter, that she would get trampled on - as justification for not inviting her. I know Dorinda may have said that because it was easier than saying "you pissed Bethenny off, and we all live to serve her." But it was ironic that Dorinda sought to protect Sonja's fragility from the group two seasons ago, and since then, she's gone off on Sonja repeatedly in group situations. And in a very personal way, like referencing Grey Gardens, the state of her finances, the state of her townhouse, and her sex life. I love Dorinda but she is unnecessarily mean a good chunk of the time. And it's often in group settings, when it's not a fair fight.

Because Sonja herself goes after people hard referencing their finances, where their living, their sex lives, and their bodies (she got fat) she cant keep diggin and not expect people to clap back I applaud Dorinda for keeping her cool this long but everyone has their snapping point

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

I don't watch this series enough to know - is Sonja still living in her NYC home? She made a comment about "I'm keeping the townhouse because it's a better investment than selling it and I can use it to make money." Is she renting it out? Is she sleeping on people's couches?

I wonder if part of her stress is true worry about money. In terms of how her crowd views women, she's aging, divorced, menopausal (menopause causes depression and anxiety in many women and she said she went off hormones), no partner, no child support...no apparent financial prospects other than this show, the men she can mooch off of and whatever income she receives from the divorce (if any at this point).

This is what happens when you live off of rich men. It's a cautionary tale.

ETA: as Ghoulina sagely observed, assholes can become mentally ill.

And, all this money and these women don't recognize beautiful age-appropriate fashion.

I've actually never liked Carole. So I'm kind of glad she's not exactly loved this season.

One reason I stopped watching a couple seasons back was the Carole-and-Bethanny-stalk-Jules thing. There was a dinner party or something where they relentlessly poked her, taking turns, about her eating habits and other things. It was very vicious. They sat watching her, like animals watching prey, waiting to see what she said and did so they could pounce. And Carole is a bully who hides behind other, stronger, smarter women. ryebread called it.

Go watch her most recent appearance on WWHL.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, OFDgal said:

I think it's creepy of Sonja to be going through people's closets and then wearing their clothes/slippers.  I would be pissed if my houseguest came down wearing anything of mine.  Talk about no boundaries.

Who would wear someone else's slippers?  Sonja doesn't have a pair of ballet slippers that weigh about a quarter of an ounce to throw in her overnight bag?  Sonja makes herself too comfortable when in someone's house.

• Love 17

Ew Ramona talking with her mouth full was gross.

Dorinda saying she didnt mean for Tinsley to loose it was ironic coming from her.  

Carole we get it you ran a marathon. Not ended world peace. That body suit was hideous. 

I did laugh at her saying Ramona only threw the party to flirt with Kirk.

I believe every word out of Sonjas mouth about her happy marriage. For sure. Hmmm.

I dont think death/divorce is that comparable. At least the other person is still alive. 

Luann always making excuses for Sonja is getting old.

• Love 7

Gosh - I'd be terrified to be invited to a dinner party with this lot.  Or even to be seated in a restaurant where they are being filmed.  But at least I have some idea what's got  each of them all into their own wild and crazy rage.   (I still don't know what Kyle's issue is  even after watching a whole season.)

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sonja is always bitching about her loss, due to divorce, of Mr Morgan. Dorinda is still (and always will be) in love with Richard. They go at it as to which loss is greater. Carole is also a widow but never said a word about her dearly departed. Either she’s over it or was scared to jump into the fray. 

Pausing in my detached enjoyment of all your comments say that wrt the late Mr. Radziwill, I hope - I TRULY HOPE! - that Carole hasn’t jumped into the “widowhood v. divorcement”  fray because (a) she has more respect for him and his memory, and of their time together; and (b) she’s aware that her mother-in-law, sister-in-law and others who loved class-act Anthony would be horrified and disgusted at the mention of his name and memory -—

on a gross show —

amongst gross characters —

by an increasingly gross woman who’s his  widow —

and would criticize her harshly if not outright condemn her.

i HOPE that is the case, especially the first part. I began watching NY because AR’s widow was on it.  Initially I enjoyed her wisecracks and comments but she’s as impossible for me to watch now as is Ramona, whose callousness towards others I’ve never gotten past.

Again, thanks for the popcorn-worthy discussion! Back to page 2!!!

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Did I miss the part where Ramona told Carole that she was hosting a marathon themed party in her honour? Before the dinner even happened, Carole joked that she's pretty sure that Ramona was having a dinner anyway and just decided to say that it was for Carole (and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened, lol) but a dinner is not a party where the guest list is designed are the guest of honour. She acknowledged Carole and went out of her way to show that she was someone special at the table and I think that's fair enough when you say you're going to have a dinner in someone's honour.

Ramona did actually tell Carole she was hosting a party in her honor specifically for her finishing the marathon. The words "marathon themed" were not uttered but that's just semantics. She also called it a "sit-down" dinner multiple times which generally doesn't imply a buffet. I know there are a lot of Carole haters on this board but seriously, if your friend told you she was throwing a party in your honor, would you be totally cool with that friend inviting HER friends, not yours and having no visible recognition of the entire reason she was throwing the party? It would be one thing if it was just the girls out to dinner and Carole was toasted and given a cake. If she complained about that, yeah, I'd be on board with calling her ungrateful. That's not what happened though and Carole was entirely right that Ramona was having a dinner and used Carole as an excuse to have it. Carole didn't ask for a party to celebrate her accomplishment, it was offered to her. Don't tell me these women don't know how to throw a theme party, they do it all the time.  If it's a party, make it look like a party. If it's just a dinner, call it a dinner. If it's honoring someone in particular, invite THEIR friends, not yours. It's not that hard. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Who would wear someone else's slippers?  Sonja doesn't have a pair of ballet slippers that weigh about a quarter of an ounce to throw in her overnight bag?  Sonja makes herself too comfortable when in someone's house.

I think she (Sonja) thinks its a charming eccentricity.   It's not. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Carole is such an ungrateful, joyless shrew. Each week she becomes more unlikable.

These women fight and snap at each other too much. It's weeks like this that I wonder why I watch.

OMG It's weeks like this that I know why I watch. This was RH gold.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

For me, Carole's been weird since her first season. So glad some y'all are starting to see it, too. ;-)

She's always hidden her idiocy behind the strong women who befriended her - Heather and Beth. Now she's the alpha in her relationship with Tinsley and she doesn't have the cool, dominant gal pal to hide behind. Her inner dum dum is now in clear view.

According to Carole, she and Tinsley aren't that close she said even during filming they weren't that close.  Strange they seem pretty friendly.  I Thought it was  odd she made that point. She also said she didn't realize there was an issue with Bethany till she was watching the show.  Idk,  seemed pretty clear there was something going on between Bethanyand Carole from the first episode. ((Shrugs)).

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't disagree with Sonja that a divorce can be extremely difficult on someone, especially if there are children involved. However, there are many differences between her and Dorinda's approach to talking about their significant others. Sonja talks about the life she had with her ex, and not specific to the love or bond they had, but by the material things that she enjoyed when she was with him and what she lost because of the divorce. Her home, the parties, the vacations, mingling with the rich and hanging out on yachts. Dorinda speaks about Richard in a way where she is sharing memories of him with the women and she doesn't do it randomly but does it as something reminds her of him. I do think that Dorinda's love for Richard is preventing her from fully moving on in her romantic relationships but Dorinda doesn't use Richard's death as a crutch to explain her bad behaviour. Sonja makes bad decisions, says whatever she wants and then apologizes because in six degrees of separation, it all goes back to her divorce. And I think that is what the spirit of Dorinda's tirade was about.

I agree 100%. I also want to point out that I've never heard Sonja say one specific thing about her ex-husband. She keeps saying they had "a beautiful marriage". But she doesn't say why. She doesn't ever talk about who he is/was as a person. I know his name, and nothing more. From the tidbits we've gotten about Richard from Dorinda, I'd definitely say I know something about him. 

• Love 22

So Ramona is worried Beth might chip a glass or ruin a plate, but it’s ok to rip out a light fixture from a wall at Dorinda’s home.  Montauk Hwy. isn’t really a highway but it is a main thoroughfare in the Hamptons therefore it’s very busy day and night and has constant traffic in the summer so that’s why it was a reasonably priced house for the area.  Ramona was right, but she’s such a snob the truth got lost in her obnoxiousness.  I’m very disappointed in Dorinda.  She’s become friendly with Tinsley yet for her own pleasure she deliberately says things and tries to get Tinsley to fight with Sonja.  That’s not a friend at all and it’s very childish, not something I expect from a woman in her 50’s.  She’s become quite vile.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Linderville said:

I'm sorry if I'm not posting this correctly. I'm kind of new at posting.

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with that. And thank you for having the courage to share such a personal experience with the rest of us. Wishing you nothing but happiness!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

And, all this money and these women don't recognize beautiful age-appropriate fashion.

Right?! When you want to enjoy some classy duds on ladies past 30, check out the “Royals” section of the blog GoFugYourself.  SUCH a respite from the messes we see on entertainment “royalty.”

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That is true, but Bethenny was also right.  An ugly divorce is bad because although the person is still alive, you have no relationship with them.

And if Carole wants a marathon party then she should throw herself one.

Not really in response to this quote but it jogged my memory....They are both shitty situations but I found Bethenny quite insensitive stating well at least that person isn't walking around because it's torture . People can get divorced and move away from each other, people can set up arrangements to share kids without ever seeing each other. Poor people do it all the time, so I'm sure someone with the means of B could put an end to the "torture" quite easily if they wanted to. A divorce is a choice 2 people make. Your husband dying and leaving you is not a choice so it's not the same at all IMO. And if both Bethenny and Sonja want us to believe they played no part in the demise of their marriage they've got another thing coming (especially the one who showed her horrid behavior on national tv for all the world to see so she could make a few bucks).

As much as I despise Carole she was right on WWHL, people speak of the dead not to act as if they'e still around, it's a way to honor their memory. Not even close to continually discuss your divorce of 12 years. 

Dorinda hit it too, they discuss JPM as if he just had tea with them. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

One reason I stopped watching a couple seasons back was the Carole-and-Bethanny-stalk-Jules thing. There was a dinner party or something where they relentlessly poked her, taking turns, about her eating habits and other things. It was very vicious. They sat watching her, like animals watching prey, waiting to see what she said and did so they could pounce. And Carole is a bully who hides behind other, stronger, smarter women. ryebread called it

QFT.  I just realized that much of the time I watched this show, I had flashbacks to my first year in high school, where I was a freshman without a clique and missed being bullied by some Divine intervention for which I’ve never properly given thanks. I hope Jules is thriving.

• Love 12