Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He started as a legislative aide and speechwriter. He formed a consulting company and a finance magazine. He worked for some hedge funds and George Soros. He might have been an adjunct somewhere. He did have a Ph.D.

OMG - I have no idea where I got professor from..... LOL. Thank you!

16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Quincy's dad is very much alive but so is Hannah's dad, Ralph Lynch (he lives in London), Richard was Hannah's step father. 

I forgot Sonja mentioned losing the fathers of their daughters. What a shitty attempt to get sympathy.  Hannah has her father as does Quincy.  Nice try Sonja. 

• Love 13

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/tinsley-mortimer/tinsley-mortimer-im-starting

In response to your blog last week, Countess, please don’t try to imply that I’m the one who is pretentious or criticize the whole city of Richmond because I was a debutante. At least I don’t use embarrassing sobriquets to embellish myself.... God I love some Tinsley ***full disclosure i had to google Sobriquets*** lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

You guys?  I think I might've misheard Sonja.  Did she SERIOUSLY say that people shouldn't spread gossip?  Ms. Page Six?  Really?  REALLY?  The woman is completely unhinged.  Like, something is legitimately wrong with her (outside of being a raging narcissist.)

Dorinda might have a hell of a mean streak, but she is the queen of one liners.  I'm already looking for "liar liar ho on fire!" swag!

• Love 20
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Which may be why Tinsley is SO upset, she can't break the 4th wall here and spill the beans and Sonja knows it but is using it as a storyline/weapon against Tinsley for camera time anyway.

Speaking of breaking the fourth wall. Perhaps the wall is why Sonja is so upset at Ramona and just upset in general.

It's possible, old man Morgan had Sonja sign something when she joined the show that A.) Quincy could not appear and B.) that she could not drag his name through the mud, or else.

Lots of posts here about how she doesn't talk about John so clearly that must mean she only misses the trappings of the marriage. Perhaps she can't talk about him. I'd be pissed too if I had to listen to Dorinda et al rail on about how I was a ho and responsible for the demise of that union, which, might not be the entire truth.

And not being able to stick up for myself? Yeah, I'd be sending an epic email to my former bestie who didn't at least try to defend me on the down low. 

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Gem 10 said:

So Carole ran the marathon.  Does she expect everyone to kiss her ring?  Bethenny helped the flood victims in Puerto Rico.  Did anyone give her a party?

I used to really like Carole but she has become completely insufferable this season!  Such a little snot.  Who CARES if Ramona kind of slapped a "congrats Carole!" message on to her previously planned dinner party?  Be gracious!  I hope she gets a lot of blow back for talking shit about the party like that.  I can't STAND Ramona but that was just uncalled for.  She's really revealing herself to be quite the mean girl.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Speaking of breaking the fourth wall. Perhaps the wall is why Sonja is so upset at Ramona and just upset in general.

It's possible, old man Morgan had Sonja sign something when she joined the show that A.) Quincy could not appear and B.) that she could not drag his name through the mud, or else.

Lots of posts here about how she doesn't talk about John so clearly that must mean she only misses the trappings of the marriage. Perhaps she can't talk about him. I'd be pissed too if I had to listen to Dorinda et al rail on about how I was a ho and responsible for the demise of that union, which, might not be the entire truth.

And not being able to stick up for myself? Yeah, I'd be sending an epic email to my former bestie who didn't at least try to defend me on the down low. 

Sonja/Morgan were divorced, 2006, before Sonja joined the show in season 3, which would have been filmed in 2008, so I doubt that there is anything stopping her from talking about him on camera and we have heard her talking about him, both good and bad on the show.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja/Morgan were divorced, 2006, before Sonja joined the show in season 3, which would have been filmed in 2008, so I doubt that there is anything stopping her from talking about him on camera and we have heard her talking about him, both good and bad on the show.

It is not from lack of trying on his part, imo.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not an attorney, but isn't it possible he could have had an addendum when she signed on the show? But anyway, yes, we've heard her briefly mention him but I don't ever recall her saying anything negative. Vague recollection of when she thought she was meeting him and it was going to turn out well and it didn't but I don't remember the particulars - like if she dissed him or not.

P.S. When I just said "vague recollection", my voice-to-text wrote, "Vera Wang Collection". 

I was vaguely amused.

• Love 12

No wonder Sonya had to borrow a top from Luann~ it looked like she threw some undies, a dog toy and a few other random things in her suitcase when she packed. Just no clothes. All those “interns” wandering around Sonja’s house but no one to pack her bag.....

I’m starting to wonder if Sonja’s quirkiness is more mental illness than oddity. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do most people say, “Pos,” when they see, “P.O.S.”? I’ve been saying, “Pee Oh Ess.”

I say it the same as you, hoodooznoodooz.  I'm not sure how Ramona said it, but I heard her say later that she figured out that it meant 'piece of shit.'  I don't think she knew what it stood for when Sonja first texted her.  Someone would have to have done something really terrible to me in order for me to call them a P.O.S.  IMO, Ramona's "crime" of not sticking up for Sonja didn't warrant her calling her that.  If Sonja did cheat on her ex-husband and Ramona knew the truth, then she was asking her to lie for her.  I am curious as to what the truth is with their divorce.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm not an attorney, but isn't it possible he could have had an addendum when she signed on the show? 

Of course it is!   That's when he added the provision forbidding her to film Quincy.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It is not from lack of trying on his part, imo.

I don't think there was anything he could do to stop her from being on the show or talking about him on the show. The only power he had was not allowing Quincy on camera and that's it.

18 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm not an attorney, but isn't it possible he could have had an addendum when she signed on the show? But anyway, yes, we've heard her briefly mention him but I don't ever recall her saying anything negative. Vague recollection of when she thought she was meeting him and it was going to turn out well and it didn't but I don't remember the particulars - like if she dissed him or not.

P.S. When I just said "vague recollection", my voice-to-text wrote, "Vera Wang Collection". 

I was vaguely amused.

How? They were already divorced, he had no standing in her Bravo contract other than not allowing Quincy on the show. She and Ramona were both negative about him when she got back from that meeting, it was not as nasty as most ex wife HWs are about their ex but it wasn't all sweetness about him either. I think Sonja keeps her mouth closed about him (for the most part) because of Quincy, not because of him or anything he did legally to stop her. 

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Of course it is!   That's when he added the provision forbidding her to film Quincy.

He might have been able to keep Sonja from talking about him if he had allowed Quincy to be filmed but he didn't, so there wouldn't have been any incentive for Sonja to keep her mouth closed.

• Love 2

I bet Ramona was one of those people who started signing emails "LOL" because she thought it meant "lots of love." I loved watching her sounding out what "POS" means. I had a similar moment years ago when someone wrote to me, "GFY" and I thought it meant "good for you."

• Love 17
On 4/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, Steph J said:

"I don't know why we let Dorinda get away with it."

Um... maybe because her husband died and it's the empathetic thing to do?  I get that divorce is like "a death" but death is death. It's final. Dorinda loved Richard and he's gone from this Earth.

I think I understand how Sonja is feeling and Dorinda totally missed the point.Of course it is devastating to lose a spouse to death,but when that happens,your spouse had no choice,but for your spouse to choose to leave you is equally or even more hurtful.On divorce there is a sense of rejection,they chose to toss you aside and move on,in death they didn't choose.Listen,Sonja drives me nuts sometimes  but in this case I think I empathize with what she is feeling.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think there was anything he could do to stop her from being on the show or talking about him on the show. The only power he had was not allowing Quincy on camera and that's it.

How? They were already divorced, he had no standing in her Bravo contract other than not allowing Quincy on the show. She and Ramona were both negative about him when she got back from that meeting, it was not as nasty as most ex wife HWs are about their ex but it wasn't all sweetness about him either. I think Sonja keeps her mouth closed about him (for the most part) because of Quincy, not because of him or anything he did legally to stop her. 

He might have been able to keep Sonja from talking about him if he had allowed Quincy to be filmed but he didn't, so there wouldn't have been any incentive for Sonja to keep her mouth closed.

In theory, it could be why, he went into Howard Hughesque reclusion, claiming poverty, on his own private Island. Lol.

IE Play ball Sonja or else. Of course, this is just speculation.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

No wonder Sonya had to borrow a top from Luann~ it looked like she threw some undies, a dog toy and a few other random things in her suitcase when she packed. Just no clothes. All those “interns” wandering around Sonja’s house but no one to pack her bag.....

I’m starting to wonder if Sonja’s quirkiness is more mental illness than oddity. 

Speaking of interns, what exactly do they do?  It's been said they don't get paid, so what are they there for.  I'm sure they don't clean the house.  She doesn't have a business.   Is it just a status thing with her?  To make her feel like Lady Morgan again?

• Love 6

This comparing pain thing is a red herring - it just happened to be what they were talking about at that minute.  The bottom line is:  sonya is a lying liar who lies - and then bats her eyes.   When not outright lying, Sonya is an extreme exaggerator.  I still can’t believe Beth moved on from the Tipsy Girl thing.  In my book, she would be dead to me.  You don’t piggyback off my hard efforts/brand and then act all confused about the existence of any similarity or confusion as to why Beth would even be mad.  Yeah no.  Also, to anyone who has compassion for Sonya - wait until she starts telling lies about you to the press, denies it and laughs at you.  Feeling sorry for Sonya is the very essence of ruinous empathy (thank you Silicon Valley). 

• Love 20

Hope I'm not repeating anyone's post but, I think Dorinda is tiring of John.  She might want someone more intellectual and worldly, and someone more sexy.  Doesn't seem like John is enough for her at this point.  She's getting louder and louder, doesn't look too happy, and is taking it out on all the girls one by one.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Those tattoos bodysuits are back or was she wearing an original?

I mean, Dsquared is not exactly my style, but it is fashion and it is current.  It's hard to style a tattoo bodysuit, but I actually liked the outfit from the waist down.  I love a leather short!  I think it would have been better paired with a soft, chunky, oversized black sweater....maybe showing the tattoo sleeve underneath.  I just think if you are going to show the whole bodysuit, you need to commit....a bandeau top or a bralet (or nothing!), that top just didn't work IMO.  The atmosphere didn't help, that was a night in the city outfit, not a sitting on rattan chairs at Ramona's house in the Hamptons outfit.  I thought that dinner party was pretty awful, everyone was packed around that table sitting shoulder to shoulder, eating from a buffet with the lights fully ablaze.  Lame.  

I actually liked Bethenny's outfit the best, followed by Tinsley.  It was definitely like the land of misfit toys with this night.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, kicksave said:

Sonja has become totally unhinged and nasty...she has picked on Tinsley from day one...but the worst is to spread rumors that Tinsley is a kept woman. Honestly, Sonja just seems like a bitter old bitch that cannot accept that men want younger, prettier girls. She acts like she's still the 20 something society sexpot that all the men want. It's sad and embarrassing for her daughter that she continues to behave like a spoiled brat who publicly chastises and ridicules people and tops it off with boasts of her younger (and older) sexual conquests. As Trump would say..."Sad"...

This! Sonja doesn't like that she's not the hot young thing anymore and is trying desperately to stay relevant. I have no pity for her with Dorinda. She started at the Halloween party saying something about a man being "one of the many guys Ramona meets online", then her behavior with Tins, and then the endless backhand comments at what she called "Dorinda's boozy brunch". She's mean and nasty deep down and like Bethenny, she can dish it but can't take it. My take on Sonja has always been she's majorly embarrassed. That's why she talks about her past life, so everyone remembers how fabulous she was. She used the show early on with her sexual antics to attempt to make JPM jealous and when that clearly didn't work and she realized what a fool she made of herself now she's trying to point out others bad behavior to try and diminish her own. She's just pathetic all around.

And I don't know why but I felt sorry for Luanne at that dinner. They didn't need to bring that up for any other reason to start trouble. I firmly believe at the reunion she was repeating stories we all read online at the time. And with how she drinks and all that has happened since then, she could easily forget about who Bethenny is banging that week. She was being kind and making conversation and of course those hags had to make it ugly. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

It took my ass alllll day to read the 9 pages on the episode. Wayyyyy worth it. *Waves* Welcome new posters! WE have cake and champs. And gatorade.

Everyone has put it out  there  much better than I can so I haven't much to add. New York is by far my favorite franchise . I hope we get a drunken vacation before Lu gets busted. We deserve it for the pain and suffering from BH.

LOL .. I'm reading all day also, but backwards.  N.Y. Is my fave too.  Do you really think Lu will get busted?  I don't.  She doesn't seem too upset about it .. Singing at cabarets in the city and all.  If I assaulted a cop, I'd be very nervous for sure.  BTW, love your name ..reminds me of Disney.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

OMG - I have no idea where I got professor from..... LOL. Thank you!

Dorinda has said on the show that he was a professor and that she liked being an academic's wife.  But, yes, likely an adjunct. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ladle said:

Gosh, remember how sane Sonja seemed in her first season on the show?

Yep. Although I always pegged Sonja as a bit of a loon. I judged her partly because of her deep friendship with Ramona who was just insufferable.  Theirs is the only friendship I've ever believed was real in this franchise. Sonja and Luann seem like they have a real history together, but we don't see Sonja sharing a RHONY vacation bed with anybody but Ramona.

But this season, Sonja seems to be going off the deep end and Ramona is the sane one. So far.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

LOL .. I'm reading all day also, but backwards.  N.Y. Is my fave too.  Do you really think Lu will get busted?  I don't.  She doesn't seem too upset about it .. Singing at cabarets in the city and all.  If I assaulted a cop, I'd be very nervous for sure.  BTW, love your name ..reminds me of Disney.

Thank you! I've been using it since before Disney added the Fairys except Tink, of course. I meant she already got busted and refused the plea. I'm just hoping they filmed a trip before she got busted in Florida. 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 5

I still can’t believe Beth moved on from the Tipsy Girl thing.  In my book, she would be dead to me.  You don’t piggyback off my hard efforts/brand and then act all confused about the existence of any similarity or confusion as to why Beth would even be mad.

I think it's easy to forgive and forget (until the next time!) because at the end of the day, Bethenny has to consider where Tipsy Girl went. Tipsy Girl went with the toaster oven business and the toaster oven cookbook and all the delusion business nonsense Sonya never got off the ground because she could never find anyone dumb enough to do the work for her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

I used to really like Carole but she has become completely insufferable this season!  Such a little snot.  Who CARES if Ramona kind of slapped a "congrats Carole!" message on to her previously planned dinner party?  Be gracious!  I hope she gets a lot of blow back for talking shit about the party like that.  I can't STAND Ramona but that was just uncalled for.  She's really revealing herself to be quite the mean girl.

That's exactly what she did, Ramona regifted that dinner party....and we know how Ramona feels about regifting!  LOL

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/tinsley-mortimer/tinsley-mortimer-im-starting

In response to your blog last week, Countess, please don’t try to imply that I’m the one who is pretentious or criticize the whole city of Richmond because I was a debutante. At least I don’t use embarrassing sobriquets to embellish myself.... God I love some Tinsley ***full disclosure i had to google Sobriquets*** lol

Reading Tinsley’s blog pissed me off, on her behalf. Who the f is Sonja to question Tinsley’s finances, I mean get the f out of here. Sonja shut her mouth.  Her legs are her business,  so I don't care what she does with them but shut up about another woman's money. Especially because her past money matters are sketchy af.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

In theory, it could be why, he went into Howard Hughesque reclusion, claiming poverty, on his own private Island. Lol.

IE Play ball Sonja or else. Of course, this is just speculation.

Again, they were already divorced so he didn't have any leverage on her. I suspect that Sonja didn't smack talk him in the early years because she hoped he would take her back even though he was already remarried but more so because she knew it would hurt Quincy. It is clear that Sonja adores her daughter and would never say anything bad about her father that would/could hurt her. 

On April 26, 2018 at 12:57 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Sonja's entire existence is the past. There are things that remind Dorinda of Richard, but she doesn't spend an entire conversation telling you about a yacht she hasn't owned in 15 years. I am wondering if a major milestone related to Richard is approaching. Typically if someone talks about a dead spouse or pet, a significant anniversary is approaching so everything is a reminder and a reason to talk about the lost loved one.

As someone said above it's scary when Ramona is the voice of reason. 

How bad did Sonja want to cash Tinsley's check?

I think Carole is over the show. Maybe she had a heart to heart with Heather and is rethinking her choices.

Carole is a real "cutie" .. NOT.  She takes a swipe at someone, then cackles a few times.  Just HATE that phony laugh.  She is too full of herself.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I am the complete opposite.

drink too much wine?  menopausal

forget convo w/husband b/c of aforementioned wine drinkage?  menopause!

jeans don't fit (probs b/c of wine bloat) menopause!

misplace papers at work and find them w/the 2001 files?  menopause!

who's gonna check me, boo???

Ha ha .. Good one.  I'm finished with menopause, but I swear I still have PMS and blame all of the above on it.  

• Love 5

Ok, question.  At the end of Carole’s blog she says her pal used to write real estate for the WSJ and lives in a rented 1 bedroom and knows more about real estate than Ramona and Bethenny combined.  I don’t understand.  Was her friend there?  Or is the point that writing for the WSJ doesn’t pay well enough to even buy an apartment?  I admit this all had no connection to me.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Quincy's dad is very much alive but so is Hannah's dad, Ralph Lynch (he lives in London), Richard was Hannah's step father. 

I'm well aware. But Richard was a father figure to Hannah and very much in her life and she will NEVER see him again. So I didn't think Sonja's comparison was valid. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So why did Beth tell Dennis to stay near that chair?

After Dorinda's inability to stop laughing in her TH, this moment was my second favorite of the episode.  Beth brought him to the "party/work event" and then instructed him to stay near the chair???  Who invites a grown adult to accompany them somewhere and then instructs them where to stand...AND then walks away, leaving them there?  And, just as important, what kind of moron abides by that instruction???  If he's that dumb he deserves that bitchy B.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lampwick said:

This comparing pain thing is a red herring - it just happened to be what they were talking about at that minute.  The bottom line is:  sonya is a lying liar who lies - and then bats her eyes.   When not outright lying, Sonya is an extreme exaggerator.  I still can’t believe Beth moved on from the Tipsy Girl thing.  In my book, she would be dead to me.  You don’t piggyback off my hard efforts/brand and then act all confused about the existence of any similarity or confusion as to why Beth would even be mad.  Yeah no.  Also, to anyone who has compassion for Sonya - wait until she starts telling lies about you to the press, denies it and laughs at you.  Feeling sorry for Sonya is the very essence of ruinous empathy (thank you Silicon Valley). 

Nail, meet head. 

Exactly. This is the crux of the matter. I don't think Dorinda was all that interested in comparing, per se. It's just that she's had ENOUGH of Sonja embellishing everything and using things from the way past to excuse what's going on in her life NOW. Sonja is a compulsive liar, insanely delusional. One minute you're brushing her off with, "Well, John-John's dead, so that's difficult"....and the next you're screaming in her face. One can only take so much. 

• Love 16
On 4/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, ghoulina said:

This is how I've always seen it as well. I think he absolutely took advantage and swooped in for the kill. Maybe he always had a thing for her? I think Dorinda fell for the COMFORT her was given her. And I think she is STILL grieving; but now that the pain has abated some, she is not so much enamored with John-the-person.

Dorinda was in the HW circle when she moved back to the US as a single mom. She knew Ramona first, because their daughters attended the same schools. She also knew Luann and Jill, but she met them after she married Richard attending various social events. Dorinda met John through her husband Richard - YUCK!

She did not attend Ramona's birthday party 2 days after Richard died. She attended Ramona's birthday party the year after.

• Love 2

I’d like to add that I used to really like Sonya.  Hell, she was the voice of reason with Kelly.  She has progressively gone off kilter.  The toaster thing, her football team, Tipsy Girl... this aggrandized sense of self importance didn’t happen overnight.  She believes her own bs and is shocked when others don’t.  In all likelihood, she may be going through some mental things - admitted by her.  But, she refuses to apologize, and she’s shown moments of lucidity and quick wit that lead me to believe she thinks that she is not too bad off.  E.g., when she quickly turned to Ramona and said that everyone knows your apologies mean nothing.  Now that was the first true statement Sonya has said in a long time.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Nail, meet head. 

Exactly. This is the crux of the matter. I don't think Dorinda was all that interested in comparing, per se. It's just that she's had ENOUGH of Sonja embellishing everything and using things from the way past to excuse what's going on in her life NOW. Sonja is a compulsive liar, insanely delusional. One minute you're brushing her off with, "Well, John-John's dead, so that's difficult"....and the next you're screaming in her face. One can only take so much. 

...not to mention the cocaine allegations that Sonja kept alive, and now she's bad mouthing Tinsley and Ramona to the press. She just won't stop, but if you say anything about her, you're being unfairly mean because she's "been through a lot".  I get being fed up with it/her. 

• Love 11

I'm watching for the second time and Dorinda is like "I LOVE THIS SWEATER ON YOU." 

Was Richard bald, and fond of ugly sweaters? Maybe Dorinda was living in the past reminiscing once again.

She seems horny. I don't blame her.  She's with John normally.

According to Dorinda, John is well-endowed and gives it to her good. Flirting with other women's SOs might be her way of getting her "ho" on.

Dorinda may think she and Richard would have been happily ever after but that is a fool'e comment.  He died and they were in love.  One cannot predict what the future holds. 

Indeed. If Dorinda was an aggressive, barking drunk during her first marriage, as she is in the here and now, then there's not much reason to believe she was different while with Richard. They very well could be divorced if he were still living.

Where is Hannah, btw? She and her eyebrows loved the cameras when Dorinda first joined the show.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

From this day forward, I shall make every attempt to use the phrase "LIAR LIAR HO ON FIRE!!!" every chance I get.

Yes, I shall incorporate it as I've incorporated the infamous Kathryn to Landon finger in my interpersonal negotiations

kathryn finger.jpg

• Love 4
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sonja blew it. Season after season all she did was brag about being a carefree single gal in the city, having sex with no strings attached and so proud of herself for being able to bag hot young guys. This is what she wanted to portray herself as when she should have been looking for wealthy husband #2. She can't make it on her own. She's not Bethenny. She has no skills other than on her back. Now she's older and see's how much time she's wasted. Looks don't last forever and hers are fading. Crazy, carefree upper east side townhouse Sonja is not cute anymore.

By the way, what ever happened to Edgar, the Parisian hotelier that Sonja said was nuts about her? You know, the one that would put Sonja up in the most luxurious hotel in Paris every time she would visit him? Did he dump her? 

Sonja talked about going to Paris - i think when she was talking to Ramona at the costume place. I think Edgar dumped her a while ago. When she spoke of Paris, she said she went with Quincy and hid in the hotel and ate croissants while Quincy went out with her friends. I think she was there on Mr Morgan's dime - on the down low.

Why is it that every meal shown, Sonja is stuffing her face like she hasn't eaten in a week?

On the last morning at the brunch, Sonja drove to the place in her alleged car and said she wasn't going to turn down a free lunch and she wanted to make it out of there in time to catch the jitney - where was her dog?????

• Love 3

dosodog I would give you a thousand likes if I could. You've expressed what I no longer can after 4 plus years. My husband of 35 years cancer was a death sentence and I went thru antiptory grief before and watched an horrendous  death. 

i get  the feeling Sonja is not missing the partnership the laughter the everyday bouncing ideas off your best friend  it changes who you are. I don't think she had to go thru his clothes and books and their life together and move from their home. it was Luanne who opened with "you've been through a lot " that made drunk Dorinda loose her shit.  What happened to Sonjas  life style brand?? 

I agree John might be  loosing his standing which I think is a good thing  Windows and widowers can  do lots of crazy stuff that first year but he seems like nothing like what Richard was  she was filling a hole in her heart.  

To me it's a natural I think to mention my husband on occasion because he was funny smart complicated and kind and you want his memory to remain.  She may not be thrum with grief but she's not living in the past either. 

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Save me a tiny bit of standing room next to you, please!!!

Ah, after having been in a similar situation myself at one time, Mini Persnickety and I have assigned code names to family and friends (The Queen, The King, The Clam, The Felon, The Hillbilly, etc) so that even if someone were to overhear us gossiping, that person would have no idea who the fresh hell we were discussing.  These women need to sharpen their gossiping strategies. 

Her Frankenstein boots were such a call back to Alex's Frankenstein boots, which Luann commented on by saying, "Even Louis Vuitton can make a mistake."  

Carole's entire outfit was jack hideous.  

Dennis who?  Zzzzzzzz....

I was thinking Helen Reddy's "Angie Baby," but Manilow's Copacabana is good too!!!

From this day forward, I shall make every attempt to use the phrase "LIAR LIAR HO ON FIRE!!!" every chance I get.

I should point out that I heard the phrase WHORES GET NOTHING!!! on American Horror Story.  I still find a way to use that line at least twice a week.

I'd have shelled out hard-earned cash to have viewed that shit on Pay Per View.

Can you elbow me or hold my hands in case I start doing this?

7a80f1a48238d93603e76136e2ad162e.gif

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teapot said:

I am the complete opposite.

drink too much wine?  menopausal

forget convo w/husband b/c of aforementioned wine drinkage?  menopause!

jeans don't fit (probs b/c of wine bloat) menopause!

misplace papers at work and find them w/the 2001 files?  menopause!

who's gonna check me, boo???

@teapot you're my spirit animal

• Love 2