Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She has and IMO it is because, as she said, this show cost her daughter's modeling jobs. She blames the whole "Munchausen" fight on Lisa, completing forgetting that she is the one that brought it to the show and won't let up about it, not LisaV. I suspect that Yolanda/Gigi/Bella have spoken to designers about not hiring the Hamlin spawn if they want the Hadid girls. Oh, and Lisa didn't leave Rinna holding anything, Rinna knew that neither Kyle or Lisa were on board with that from the start of filming. In fact, according to both Rinna and Kyle, Lisa was the last one to know about that story before filming began, Rinna told Kyle first and they discussed it well before Kyle told LisaV.

The only thing that has cost Rinna’s spawn modeling jobs is the fact that their last name isn’t Hadid

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I’m confused by this comment. Was she trying to take credit for his accomplishments? 

Well that makes us even, Duke2801, because I'm confused by your question.

• Love 3

What a bunch of whiny, petty, insufferable women!  Erika radiated hostility and defensiveness before she was even part of the conversation. Rinna was meh, as she’s deliberately been all season.  LVP and Kyle were ok, if a bit boring.  Dorit is just quite simply the most despicable human being on the planet, and she thinks she has the rest of us fooled.

That leaves Teddy, who I think is the only genuine, nice and honest one on the show.

I realized that Teddi is the only woman on the show that I actually like. I do not hate LVP or Kyle, but for the past few seasons I have been so bored by them. For me it always feels like the same issues with them. Same shit, different season. I hate Dorit and Erika. Rinna gave some amusing TH's this season, but other than that nothing much. If Teddi is a one and done housewife, I doubt that I will tune in next season. I just do not care about the rest of the women that much anymore.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

What is going on with LVP's face? It's like unnaturally frozen except for her chin.

It's a reflection from her glitter dress, it is playing games on Lisa's lighting! Her chin/mouth area are almost glowing purple/red from it. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, missyb said:

Did anyone pick up on Kyle saying that one reason she was so surprised by LVP and Dorit's "close" relationship was that LVP had never mentioned Dorit to Kyle before?? I need to listen again but I thought that exchange was a good nugget.

She did say that but Lisa explained last season, another time Kyle didn't listen to her, that she was close friends with PK (his first wife) and had only just met Dorit only months before filming began for last season. PK and Dorit only got married in 2015 and they started filming for last season in 2016. Kyle really needs to clean the dirt/potatoes out of her ears so that she can hear what the others say.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I think Erika was embarrassed by Andy's question.  She knows that JM wouldn't never collaborate with her.  So her response was that JM wouldn't collaborate with anyone.  Well, that's not entirely true.   I don't doubt he would collaborate with anyone.  Just not the caliber of Erika Jane.

It was very unkind for Andy to ask the question.  It put all concerned it a bad place.  Erika's music is nothing like Mellencamp's.  Boy George who has said he likes Erika and her music didn't rush in to collaborate with Erika.  There was no right answer.  Erika paid proper deference to Mellencamp-maybe a bit too much.

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She did say that but Lisa explained last season, another time Kyle didn't listen to her, that she was close friends with PK (his first wife) and had only just met Dorit only months before filming began for last season. PK and Dorit only got married in 2015 and they started filming for last season in 2016. Kyle really needs to clean the dirt/potatoes out of her ears so that she can hear what the others say.

Now Brandi is jumping on the bandwagon tweeting LVP never mention Dorit to her.  Glanville has been out of LVP's life for years.  I am going to take a guess here that like most people, LVP does not reveal every person they have ever known.  Kyle couldn't even remember a conversation about LVP's grandmother from a week earlier and then claimed LVP had never mentioned her.  Brandi was close to LVP Season 3 and they were on the outs by Season 4.  Brandi wasn't even invited to Pandora's wedding at the end of Season 2.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 24
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It was very unkind for Andy to ask the question.  It put all concerned it a bad place.  Erika's music is nothing like Erika's.  Boy george who has said he likes Erika and her music didn't rush in to collaborate with Erika.  There was no right answer.  Erika paid proper deference to Mellencamp-maybe a bit too much.

Now Brandi is jumping on the bandwagon tweeting LVP never mention Dorit to her.  Glanville has been out of LVP's life for years.  I am going to take a guess here that like most people, LVP does not reveal every person they have ever known.  Kyle couldn't even remember a conversation about LVP's grandmother from a week earlier and then claimed LVP had never mentioned her.  Brandi was close to LVP Season 3 and they were on the outs by Season 4.  Brandi wasn't even invited to Pandora's wedding at the end of Season 2.  

I believe that Kyle does this to Lisa on purpose to gain viewer sympathy/support, she plays the "jelly" game on Lisa as well and it is Lisa that takes the viewer hit, heck, even Erika/Rinna have alluded/said that it's Lisa's fault, that she is enjoying/causing them to "fight over her". If Lisa ignores it/refuses to play along, she is blamed, if she refuses to put Kyle on a pedicel (like Kyle demands) she is never able to place that pedicel high enough to satisfy Kyle and Heaven forbid that Lisa call Kyle out for her games, then Lisa is the one that isn't being a "good friend".  

As for Brandi, she is garbage and blames Lisa for her getting fired. It doesn't matter that she slapped Lisa for no reason, threatened Kyle's physical well being or that none of the cast (all except Kim) refused to film with her, I don't think Yolanda wanted to film with her by that point either but only did so for production. Yolanda sure dropped Brandi as soon as she left the show.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I think Erika was embarrassed by Andy's question.  She knows that JM wouldn't never collaborate with her.  So her response was that JM wouldn't collaborate with anyone.  Well, that's not entirely true.   I don't doubt he would collaborate with anyone.  Just not the caliber of Erika Jane.

He did! Meshell Ndegeocello.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, film noire said:

God,  she was awful tonight.  Not fun-awful, or even love-to-hate awful -- just awful, period.

She dressed as if she were at Elizabeth Arden - having a spa day and butt waxing - and then spent the whole hour kissing her own ass while being a nasty little pissant.

kyle fourth wall.jpg

OH YEAH! *looks around, slowly backs out*

(I love that clip)

Speaking of a Spa day, I saw a picture of Dorit standing in that dress (or whatever it is), and it look like she was in one of those foil fat reduction suits. Like, Dorit’s Spa Day at the Purple Rain Salon.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, tinaw said:

I wanna know how Dorit can say Teddi is two faced with a straight face.

To say that Teddi is one way to her face and then another way with the other girls is hysterical.

Pot meet kettle

Just like Kyle is the one that winds things up.

God, I hope this bullshit isn't 3 episodes long.

• Love 10

I didn't watch any of the drama but I did tune in long enough to catch everyone's look. Loving the short style on Kyle and it's nice to see Rinna rock something other than the shaggy bob.

As usual, Dorit's hair looks unfinished with all those bobby pins scattered throughout. I hope the glam squad is only charging 50% for a half-ass job.

• Love 8

How about the wife of the attorney blurting out “ad infinitum, what the f is that?” I died.  She and Tom really don’t talk much, eh?

With regard to the book, I thought that she didn’t give them the book because she didn’t want their unsolicited advice/opinions about it.   The problem is, what is the alternative, make them buy a copy after them helped with content or were the subject of the book - that’s awkward.  Out of courtesy, she should have sent them the book - and when you’re on a reality show, you got to have thick skin to be able to deflect some criticism.  (Or maybe her mom does scare her.)

The fact that they haven’t read the book sounds odd at first, but it’s the same thing as having never watched her on RHOBH right?  It wouldn’t surprise me if Tom or her family have never watched the show or seen her perform as Erika Jayne for that matter.  

Edited by lampwick
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, lampwick said:

How about the wife of the attorney blurting out “ad infinitum, what the f is that?” I died.  She and Tom really don’t talk much, eh?

With regard to the book, I thought that she didn’t give them the book because she didn’t want their unsolicited advice/opinions about it.   The problem is, what is the alternative, make them buy a copy after them helped with content or were the subject of the book - that’s awkward.  Out of courtesy, she should have sent them the book - and when you’re on a reality show, you got to have thick skin to be able to deflect some criticism.  (Or maybe her mom does scare her.)

The fact that they haven’t read the book sounds odd at first, but it’s the same thing as having never watched her on RHOBH right?  It wouldn’t surprise me if Tom or her family have never watched the show or seen her perform as Erika Jayne for that matter.  

That bit about not getting the meaning of “ad infinitum” was ridiculous. I hate it when people try to one-up someone else by mocking what they don’t understand, and trying to make the other person look stupid because they do understand.

On to the book, my guess is that she got several gratis copies—wonder who she gave them to, if not family. I do feel that not reading her book is a bit different than not watching her on TV... you can watch RHOBH while you browse the internet or make dinner or write PTV posts or enjoy your nightly quaff; but reading takes a bit more concentration. It’s also more likely that they’d run into something in the book that focuses on them personally, as opposed to RHOBH, where they are more likely to encounter the Glam Squad or an Xxxpensive concert or a not-really-a-temper-tantrum about something a cast member said three episodes prior. JMO

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sai said:

You guys are quick.  I came on to post the same thing about Dorit.  The robe, the zillion bobby pins and the broken earring.  She looks like someone who just got out of bed and spent the morning shlepping around the house.  All she's missing is big, fuzzy, floppy slippers.

Dorit is having one of Erika's 'moments' because Dorit is slavishly trying to get some of what Erika's got. For the love of all that is holy, WHAT was with the 50 shades of lavender memo they were all working from ?? 

Erika: she is rapidly living up to her necklace from the last season with the word I'm not allowed to say on this forum on it. She is becoming more and more unlikeable. I actually cheered LVP dismissing her when Erika smirked at Andy during the retelling of the Kyle/Dorit/LVP saga and LVP owned Erika's ass in that moment. Erika was just being rude. Mae West has been done before, and better, by Mae West. Ditto Joan Crawford, Dorothy Parker, Bette Davis, Catherine Deneuve etc. Erika, get your own moment. Reinvent yourself as yourself. And take a pew, you're being an asshole because you are one. The gossip I've seen says that Andy went in hard with the question about why Tom wasn't interviewed for the book, because the rumour is Tom has another model who will spend time with him, it has always been an arrangement with Erika, and they are living together but separate lives. First I've heard of any of this, but it might explain Erika's stank attitude with Andy's line of questioning. 

I thought I'd be bored with endlessly cheerful accountable and earnest Teddi very quickly. Her 'doe in the headlights' look annoyed me. But then I saw Erika go in on her like she did Eileen, continuing to call her a 'crybaby' and slighting Teddi's status as a grown woman, and my attitude to Teddi became more defensive. I like her now and no one can deal with Erika becoming demonically possessed. I'd throw a glass of water at her. 

I'm glad Kyle is getting to really move her career forward. I'm glad she's confident enough to finally change her hair. Her family background probably makes all this 'ganging up' stuff real to her. 

I'm surprised LVP showed up in purple sequins. I'm surprised she's taking fashion inspiration from the Joan Rivers playbook. It's aging, even though Joan was fabulous at all times. 

Rinna has manouevred herself back into security with her diamond, I think. I want Brandi or Camille back, and this cast could do without Dorit who is such an insane narcissist, that the drama she is 'bringing' becomes worthless because it makes no sense. I am totally bored with the Rinna spawn though. No more Gigis please. 

I can't wait to see St Camille. Much as I'd appreciate a return of Brandi Glanville, I think Camille has gone through so much and she's getting married again and she did NOT take any bs from Dorit and possibly Erika, she should have a diamond back. If she even wants it. She's probably going to remain a permanent friend of. I'm sure the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick is also slavering for a slot too. 

so far, this reunion has delivered, i think. It's not stank and stupid like Atlanta can be and it's not a total snore, though some of the issues are. I'm just not feeling the outfits though. Andy is doing a better job than usual at hosting and asking questions that require dust being kicked up to keep things interesting. Roll on 2!

• Love 15

Dorit looked like a hot mess, and I don't mean hot in a flattering way. 

Was she going for a "Miley Cyrus in her 40s" look or did her stylist quit in the middle of dressing her/doing her hair and walk out? 

Also, I wish I was as delusional as Dorit. How much easier life would be if I could lie to myself and believe it and not have any self-awareness or shame! 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, lampwick said:

In theory she lives with Tom and wouldn't even need to send him a copy, he could just borrow hers.  Or she could hand him his own during all the time they spend together in their shared residence. 

• Love 24
32 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

In theory she lives with Tom and wouldn't even need to send him a copy, he could just borrow hers.  Or she could hand him his own during all the time they spend together in their shared residence

ooooh GIRL!!!!

• Love 10

I loved it (in a snarky, mean, Schadenfreude kinda way) when Dorit said, 'I'm not on trial here'.

And LVP chimed in with, 'Yes you are, we all are'. Or words to that effect.

Dorit's whose, if-it-wasn't-on-camera-it-didn't-happen routine is beyond ridiculous, seriously needs to be slapped upside the head. I would bet that there's more footage we haven't seen than the stuff they've actually shown.

Please, someone at Bravo, find some of the stuff Kyle was saying she said to Dorit and drop it into tthe next reunion show(s), I'm begging you.

Edited by Rosebud1970
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, lampwick said:

Meh, a very close relative of mine wrote books, I have yet to finish one. 

Most of Erika’s book is fiction anyways. Why bother?

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I love Boy George but he did not have anywhere near the success as John Mellencamp. It wasn't just Pink Houses and Jack and Diane

What about 'Hurts So Good'? Erika WOULD KILL to reinterpret that with JCM. 

Andy asked that question perfectly reasonably, it wasn't shade. Little Miss Say Yes to Everything could have answered in any number of gracious ways or ways that might even have seen the possiblity of such an unlikely collaboration actually occur (which is what the magic of 'saying yes' and positivity is all about), but instead, she stuck on her ever present stank face and acted like she was insulted to be asked. There is no percentage in NOT fangirling such a question. JCM would have seen it, and who knows? But instead, he sees this sulky pouty puss and thinks 'hilarious, she's so not interested/ or she must really hate my dated ass!'. Major mistep from the not so pretty mess tonight. 

***cos as some of us above seem to be realising, she may no longer be '2 people' for very much longer, only Erika Jayne may be left***

• Love 24
6 hours ago, missyb said:

Did anyone pick up on Kyle saying that one reason she was so surprised by LVP and Dorit's "close" relationship was that LVP had never mentioned Dorit to Kyle before?? I need to listen again but I thought that exchange was a good nugget.

And if I were LVP, I would have responded with:

Who is Nanny Kay?

Because if you can't remember who Nanny Kay is, why should I believe you don't remember any mention of Dorit....

How does Kyle and her comments about LVP at the dinner get ignored?  All the focus is on Dorit's comments, but it's not like Kyle wasn't right there chiming in on LVP.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And if I were LVP, I would have responded with:

Who is Nanny Kay?

Because if you can't remember who Nanny Kay is, why should I believe you don't remember any mention of Dorit....

How does Kyle and her comments about LVP at the dinner get ignored?  All the focus is on Dorit's comments, but it's not like Kyle wasn't right there chiming in on LVP.

Exactly! Kyle and Dorit did the "Lisa is JELLY" shtick for almost the first half of the season, all while talking smack about her behind her back. And it wasn't just Dorit, Kyle was just as vocal/mean/petty as Dorit was but some how it's all Lisa/Dorit's fault while Kyle claims Lisa never has her back and that Dorit hasn't know Lisa long enough to become close friends with her. As always, Kyle starts crap/throws stones then denies/hides her hands crying victim! I will never understand why Lisa tolerates Kyle and her extremely childish behavior!

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, dosodog said:

What dinner?

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

What dinner?

The one that only Lisa, Kyle and Dorit went too right after the lawsuit against Lisa/Ken was thrown out of court. Lisa walked out when Kyle decided to make it all about her and not talk about how worried Lisa/Ken were about the lawsuit and how happy they were when it was over. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Just like Kyle is the one that winds things up.

God, I hope this bullshit isn't 3 episodes long.

Kyle winds things up for sure, but Dorits is two faced not Teddi. imo

Dorits says stuff then sits and watches. I haven' seen Teddi do that at all.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'd just like to say: you guys are f'n BRINGING the snark! LOL. This is going to be one of the funniest threads of awesome snark ever to grace the pages of RHOBH PT forums!

OMG yes! I stopped watching this shit show after Teddy's Beach House Munchen episode

But I do pop in for the snarkolgy

Edited by Jezebel97
added missing words
  • Love 3

I do wonder why Rinna posts nude photos of herself on SM. Does she need everyone to tell her how fantastic she looks? I cannot relate to this motivation at all. Maybe posting one time, I could understand, but again and again?

I am glad that LVP interjected that all of the women were commenting that they found it strange that Erika up and left Teddi’s beach house. I really wanted someone to spell out to Dorit that thinking behavior is weird is very different from feeling angry about the behavior.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I do wonder why Rinna posts nude photos of herself on SM. Does she need everyone to tell her how fantastic she looks? I cannot relate to this motivation at all. Maybe posting one time, I could understand, but again and again?

I am glad that LVP interjected that all of the women were commenting that they found it strange that Erika up and left Teddi’s beach house. I really wanted someone to spell out to Dorit that thinking behavior is weird is very different from feeling angry about the behavior.

True but even when Teddi said her leaving like she did "was weird" Erika got upset, so the words/description doesn't matter to Erika if they aren't singing her praises.  Erika can talk smack about them but heaven forbid they do likewise to/about her. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 18

Okay, let me get the superficial stuff out of the way. I thought Teddi and Kyle looked beautiful. Kyle's shorter hair really suits her! I thought LVP and Rinna were just meh. One minute I liked the different hairstyle on Rinna, the next I hated it. Erika looked like the robotic love-child of I Dream of Jeannie and a Star Trek character. But Dorit looked plain awful. Why did she have 3584 bobby pins in her greasy hair??? What was the point of that? And I guess she got the memo about foisting her cannon balls on the world; so she decided to cover up in a deflated mylar balloon. She needs to fire her glam squad. ASAP. 

As for the actual show:

I snoozed and/or multitasked through most of the LVP-Kyle-Dorit rehash. I'm just over that entire topic. I love Kyle and I generally like LVP. I think they both truly care about each other; but, as flawed human beings, they have made mistakes in how they handle things. Dorit, OTOH, is a delusional shit-stirrer, and I blame her for 75% of the issues they've had this season. She makes no fucking sense half the time and I don't think she's likely to truly change, so I see no point in entertaining her nonsense. Same with Teddi. The fact that she can say, "I've been nothing but a good friend to you", when she has gone after Teddi multiple times, tells me all I need to know. 

I'm generally a fan of Erika but she was being a stone-cold bitch last night. I find it so odd that Tom hasn't read her book and she doesn't even know if her mother has. Also, how on earth can she say her temper never came out this season? I actually understood the reasoning behind her flare up with Teddi, but if she's saying that's not "temper", I'd hate to see her when she's TRULY mad. 

I actually thought the star of the reunion was Rinna. I LOVED when she shut LVP down over her Insta-stories. "It was fun. They're gone in 24 hours. You never even saw them. Who cares???" And LVP, uncharacteristically, says nothing. That was great! 

I also love Rinna just coming out with it and asking why they haven't met Mellencamp yet! 

• Love 22