Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I don't think ankle strap shoes look bad if the ankle strap is the same color as the shoe. But LVP made so many bad fashion choices. Her sequined, shoulder padded dress was awful. The dress made her stomach look like it had a large growth in it. 

I liked Dorit's sparkly bobby pins. They would have looked so much better if she wore them with a more elegant, sleeker wig.

I don't know where this reunion was filmed but I find the background in that Instagram pic interesting. Bookshelves with books on them (behind LVP & Kyle). Is Bravo on a budget now and filming at a library or bookstore? LOL!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I meant in terms of delivery, not actual words. If her delivery was aggressive then her words would seem that much more aggressive as well.

Her delivery was what I meant when I said it was aggressive.

I feel so sad for Dorit.  You would have thought production could have delayed long enough for her to get out of her robe, and get those bobby pins out of her hair. 

Remember during Erika's first reunion?  She was in a classy dress, spoke very well, and didn't bring her "character" along.  Now we only see Erika Jayne.    That was extremely strange about not having given Tom or her mother, (did she give a book to her son?) an advanced copy of her book, and that lame excuse that she hadn't thought about it.   Wow.   I don't find her interesting, or engaging.  Everything, every dinner/trip/shopping trip she has to be yet another character. 

On a good day I'm 5' tall, so Kyle should NEVER wear anything that long, let alone with a ruffle at the bottom hem.   She looked like the dress was wearing her.

• Love 17

I don't think ankle strap shoes look bad if the ankle strap is the same color as the shoe. But LVP made so many bad fashion choices. Her sequined, shoulder padded dress was awful. The dress made her stomach look like it had a large growth in it. 

I liked Dorit's sparkly bobby pins. They would have looked so much better if she wore them with a more elegant, sleeker wig.

I don't know where this reunion was filmed but I find the background in that Instagram pic interesting. Bookshelves with books on them (behind LVP & Kyle). Is Bravo on a budget now and filming at a library or bookstore? LOL!

• Love 2

I believe at some point the flinty producers just need to end a season without a Reunion.  This season was a nothingpizza, burger, smoothie.  Kyle spoiled the show by demanding these inane apologies.  Her breakdowns in NY never get addressed because she is emotional.  After seven seasons of being Kyle's most ardent defender I really don't care to see her return.  Kyle is now saying Kim Zolciak would be welcome on the show.  If Bravo wants to have some fun-give Zolciak Kyle's slot and watch the wolverine come out in Kyle.

So much is made of these ladies' Reunion look.  Just come in slacks and a nice blouse, day make-up and hair.  The focus should be on what they say not some sort of fashion freak circus.  Ankle straps can be worn by Rinna, Dorit and Brandi the rest of the cast just no.

• Love 7
On 4/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, njbchlover said:

Just found this picture of all the housewives standing up - the best dressed are Rinna and Teddi, imo.  Dorit's dress is even uglier standing up than sitting down - the material looks cheap, similar to the blue nightmare dress Luann (RHNY) wore to a reunion a couple of seasons ago.  I like the top of the Kyle's dress, but the bottom looks like a hobble skirt from the early 1900's.  LVP and Erika are competing for the tackiest sequinned dress ever!  Erika looks like she is a character from Star Trek, and LVP's dress (and, to a degree, Rinna's) seem very 80's.  At least we are only subjected to one woman's nearly bared breasts, unlike the mammary festival that was the RHOA Reunion!   ;-)

It does look like a hobble skirt -- Kyle, suffragette!  

Lisa Rinna: If that dress were sleeveless with a squared off neckline,  it would be stunning on her. 

Erika:  Star Trek - yes (some empath Spock falls in love with and things turn into an unpretty mess -- also too much of the  "disposable sexay girl in an eighties video" look, which I hated the first time around).  I liked the hair,  so I'd build on that idea and go Betty Cooper/Marilyn (a Marilyn sundress  in an unusual print -- pink and white check with a shimmering gold thread?  + ponytail = fresh faced glam.  These women never go with "pretty", and that approach would look lovely and fresh alongside all the Dynasty/Russian oligarch wife styling).

LVP:  Jesus, take the wheel.

Teddi: Looks good. Not dazzling (and she could be). Her look would have been elevated (imo) if she'd worn her hair up (nothing fussy -- an updo in Gstaad!:)

Dorit: Looks like she's wearing the cheap sateen robe you grab to mop up a bathroom floor when the tub overflows. (The one your sister-in-law gave you that made you think "WTF? I'm not this woman -- omg, am I THIS woman?")  Hair, clothing, make-up; nothing worked with Dorit, for me. She always feels a little off the mark (especially for someone with a body made to wear great clothing). 

Andy: Meh. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Ugh my eyes!  What the hell are they wearing/who the hell is styling them?!!! Rinna looks like she’s modeling the Raquel Welch wig line from the 80s.  It looks soooo bad and is sitting so high on her head!  Erica looks like she’s auditioning for a celebrity gymnastics show.  Dorito looks like she’s wearing a purple safety blanket.  Is Kyle now working at Chi Chis?

I have to watch again to actually hear what they were saying...

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 11

From the standing up view, IMO they all look horrible.  From the sitting down view I thought Kyle and Teddi looked the best.  Rinna wasn't bad but I wasn't feeling the wig.

I love a shoulder pad but LVP's and Erika's was just too exaggerated.   Between the random bobby pins and the sateen bathrobe Dorit was a major fail.  Funny, Cameron from Southern Charm was on WWHL on Thursday and she looked gorgeous.  She had three properly placed bobby pins on the side.  She did it right if you're going for that look.

• Love 9
On 4/26/2018 at 11:40 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Still think it's funny Meghan Mccain shaded Teddi by saying that her last name was the reason she got the gig on BH when her last name got her the gig at the View.

I think it's hilarious that Megan wants a feud with Teddi and Teddi refuses to indulge her. Sometimes, the best way to get at a blowhard is to refuse to engage.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 12
On 4/25/2018 at 2:58 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

In theory she lives with Tom and wouldn't even need to send him a copy, he could just borrow hers.  Or she could hand him his own during all the time they spend together in their shared residence. 

if Tom or one of his legal team didn't read the manuscript before it was even a book then I am from Jupiter.  there is no way he didn't give his OK to publish without taking proper precautions.  I don't believe her.

• Love 19
On 4/25/2018 at 8:37 AM, ghoulina said:

Agree to disagree. I don't think either are playing games. I think they are both just flawed human beings. I think Kyle can definitely be jealous and insecure. And I think LVP can be guarded and hold grudges. She can be a bit spiteful at times. I think Kyle listens, but she's ditzy. I have a HORRIBLE memory so I'm not going to lambaste her for that. I now recall LVP mentioning that before, but I do think this season she acted in a way that belied she was closer with Dorit than she really was. 

I agree that her tone was bad. I thought her intention actually was gracious. I thought she was basically trying to say "John Mellencamp is way too high of a caliber to come romp around the stage with me and my latex and backup dancers." And I agree with that. But yea, she had an edge to her comments all night. I got the feeling something else was wrong and it was affecting her entire mood. 

I thought she said she had a migraine.  Without knowing how often or how bad she has them (I really don't care for the act she puts on for this show) I have to sympathize and even possibly excuse her behavior.  Heaven help me.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So much is made of these ladies' Reunion look.  Just come in slacks and a nice blouse, day make-up and hair.  The focus should be on what they say not some sort of fashion freak circus.  Ankle straps can be worn by Rinna, Dorit and Brandi the rest of the cast just no.

I haven't seen that many sequins and shiny outfits since I went to see Liberace back in the early 70's!  FWIW, he was fabulous in his costumes, these ladies, not so much.  ;)

• Love 11

I’ve sort of given up on this show because I can’t keep track of the petty “score keeping” over things said or unsaid, emotional reactions that were or weren’t genuine, purity tests of true friendship etc. All I can comment on is their appearance. 

1. Magenta is a hideous color. Instant disqualification for Erika and Dorit. 
  2. Lisa’s dress was more of a cranberry color, so okay, but the sequins gave her (or exposed) a severe crepey neck. Her makeup was the usual open casket makeup and giant lashes.
  3. Lisar is skinny enough to get away with wearing that dress, but her wig added at least ten cm to the circumference of her skull, and the wig hair didn’t move.
  4. Teddi was passable but forgettable. 
  5. KYLE WINS BY DEFAULT! 
  • Love 4
On 4/26/2018 at 7:35 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

This is all I could find without a lot of work.  It doesn't really touch on looks, but gives you the flavor of what Rinna was doing.

Ugh!  I forgot about those vulgar and hideous sheer gloves with the rhinestone arms that LVP likes to wear for some reason - I guess that's the same kind of taste that gets you into the monstrosity she was wearing for the reunion.

I don't care for that hair look with the zig-zag waves that end at the bottom with stick straight hair pointing down.  Teddi's at least looked soft and clean; Kyle's looked like it had too much hairspray and Dorit's just looked wrong as usual.

And Rinna's looked like she took the wig out of the box but didn't realize you are allowed to run a comb through it.  Also she's too old to be posting naked pictures on instagram.  Not because she doesn't look great but because she should just be old enough to know better.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, prettybird said:

So, Erika had cramps at the beach house, was sick on Germany, and now a migraine at the reunion. Hmmm. 

Hmmm is right. She may be tired of doing the show, but Erika Jayne got a lot of mileage out of it. Her performance art was exposed to a new audience, she took a turn on DWTS, and also published a memoir. I think EJ got a lot of publicity and not sure what more she can accomplish to promote herself within the howife franchise. 

• Love 3

For me, Erika has decided to become Erika Jane full time.  Her fame has gone to her head.  And, maybe there are some who love 'Erika Jane'  but I think in the long term it's going to bite her in the butt.  You can only take that much of Bitchy. 

• Love 11
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, breezy424 said:

I think Erika was embarrassed by Andy's question.  She knows that JM wouldn't never collaborate with her.  So her response was that JM wouldn't collaborate with anyone.  Well, that's not entirely true.   I don't doubt he would collaborate with anyone.  Just not the caliber of Erika Jane.

I agree-- This is definitely how I took her reaction.  

And re:  her look, I guarantee that Mikey sold her the idea for her look as something along the lines of "Glitter-Glam Pop Star Barbie", and that stupid-looking ear cuff was supposed to look like an ear-piece that a pop star would wear to hear themselves whilst singing/dancing on stage.

On that note, I would have to guess that Dorit's glam squad pitched the idea for her look as "Glitter-Glam Dorothy Zbornak".

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, lezlers said:

I disagree.  Rinna is the best damn part of this show, without her it would be a complete snoozefest.  I mean "FUCK YOU JEREMY!!" was easily the best part of that yawnathon.  And I don't get everyone complaining that Rinna always takes jabs at LVP.  That's exactly what LVP has been doing to Rinna for at least two seasons now!  LVP never misses a chance to take a dig at Rinna, which is why I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at LVP getting all pearl clutchy over Rinna's instagram stories (which she didn't even SEE.)  The comments she made on the instagram stories (which were hilarious BTW) were the exact types of jabs LVP is always making towards Rinna.  Someone can dish it out but can't take it.

I don't care what anyone says, I love me some Rinna!  I just can't quit that crazy broad.

I almost forgot about that!  I died when she said that, and that is exactly what I would have said to Jeremy!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

I agree-- This is definitely how I took her reaction.  

And re:  her look, I guarantee that Mikey sold her the idea for her look as something along the lines of "Glitter-Glam Pop Star Barbie", and that stupid-looking ear cuff was supposed to look like an ear-piece that a pop star would wear to hear themselves whilst singing/dancing on stage.

On that note, I would have to guess that Dorit's glam squad pitched the idea for her look as "Glitter-Glam Dorothy Zbornak".

I almost forgot about that!  I died when she said that, and that is exactly what I would have said to Jeremy!

Dorit's look was spot on! I almost blew tea out my nose. Perfection.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Dorit's look was spot on! I almost blew tea out my nose. Perfection.

Haha!  Dorothy Zbornak was the first thing that came to mind when I watched it last week, but I just now got the chance to finish going through all the thread pages, and I could not believe there wasn't another Golden Girls fan who thought of it.  I couldn't let that opportunity get away!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/26/2018 at 2:03 PM, Shellbell59 said:

Why on earth do ppl APOLOGIZE to Dorit???! ...for anything????

omg...it’s sickening 

i posted this elsewhere..but would like any feedback I can get...because I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Teddi apologized at reunion..as well as other times on show...

Kyle at her house during finale..when Dorit played “poor me” on her night...(SECOND time...ugh..)

It drives me nuts! 

I cannot believe she has the capability psychologically to gaslight so expertly to cause this end phenomenon!

Dorit is so demeaning...to the point when LVP points out that the reunion is about putting them all “on trial”...and Dorit has the gumption to say..”but not from Teddi..”

who made you an OG Dorit?

..and Erika...what was with her? I had to rewind after commenters pointed out her angst when Teddi was speaking... 

Erika seems disinterested about 80% of the time..I noticed her staring off into the ceiling..almost caught off guard with the question about collaborating with JC Mellencamp! Weird! 

I Keep looking fornews of Dorit being fired after airing first installment of reunion...like She not by Sheree in Atlanta...

if wishes were horses...hell...we’d ALL be ridin’!!!! 

My guess is because it’s easier and it shuts her up (but it doesn’t).  I have no other explanation and it baffles me, too!

But there’s no reasoning or compromise with her so they probably just apologize verbally to appease her.  Which sucks because it just enables the beast. 

There could be an entire clip show to debunk all her lies and “misremembering” and I’d be first in line to watch that!

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm surprised that Erika didn't jump all over Andy when he said it was "weird" that Tom didn't read her book. She has lost credibility with me. She looked like she just didn't want anyone to ask her any questions, or maybe she didn't like the attention on other people. I do suspect that there is trouble at home with Tom. I also suspect that, for some reason, Andy is less than pleased with EJ.

I wish someone had  dared to ask if her son had read the book. 

Edited by Happy Camper
sp.
  • Love 12
(edited)

What on earth is Kyle wearing?  Did she lose a bet?  Is she under the impression that she's still guest-starring on Little House on the Prairie?  Like, I physically do not understand. 

Edited by ladle
typo
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2018 at 4:55 AM, Happy Camper said:

I'm surprised that Erika didn't jump all over Andy when he said it was "weird" that Tom didn't read her book. She has lost credibility with me. She looked like she just didn't want anyone to ask her any questions, or maybe she didn't like the attention on other people. I do suspect that there is trouble at home with Tom. I also suspect that, for some reason, Andy is less than pleased with EJ.

I wish someone had  dared to ask if her son had read the book. 

The one thing I like about this is that Erika didn’t lie. It’d be so easy for her to just say that Tom read it and loved it.

I said something positive about Erika!!

• Love 1

Erica Jayne is just a plain, mean girl, bully, and a bitch. And yes you are a phony- you pretend to be someone else on stage.. you need therapy. You act like a grumpy old man. I'm over you. Big freakin Yawn! I'm on Teddy's side. Bye bitch!

• Love 1