Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Friends in Need

druzy
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kb60 said:

I expressed a similar sentiment on this topic and some of you tore me a new asshole for it. I still believe that naming a heavy period is dramatic and that Maci was just needing a story line. Please, "Dandy, Dandylion", still cracks me up. No offense to anyone.

I have no idea why my name is attached to this post. Not mine. ?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Hell, I see the guy at H&R Block more than Amber sees her own kid.

and I certainly hope that the ungrateful bastard remembers to send you a Mother's Day card this year...sheesh!!

• Love 15
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why did Tyler have to supervise Cate and Maci?

If he didn’t supervise them, he would have to take care of his kid and wouldn’t have anybody to interrupt while they’re speaking! ?

Am I the only one who notices that he cannot shut his piehole for more than five seconds? 

I do know that one symptom of being in a manic state includes hyper verbalism, but what’s the deal with constantly interrupting people, and then not being able to communicate one clear, coherent thought? 

New drinking game: every time Tyler interrupts someone or says “uh”, “so...” or stammers. (I’m not mocking anyone with a speech impediment, but I also noticed he stammers a lot.) He is totally one of those people who ask questions or engage in conversations but doesn’t really listen to anyone else because he’s too busy trying to mentally compose what he’s going to say when it’s his turn he eventually interrupts the conversation.

• Love 13

I don't believe Cate had a miscarriage. I think the test was positive be asked she literally just had her implant taken out then she had a heavy period. I find it hard to believe maci had a miscarriage either because when she mentioned it episodes ago Taylor looked like he'd had no idea it had happened 

Just story lines in my opinion

I wish the show was cancelled

It's just rinse and repeat

It's boring. I feel terrible for any future spawn of cate and Tyler, for Amber's baby and for Ryan and macs kids all these delusional losers who don't even take care or bother to put any effort into seeing  the children  they have deciding to pop out new babies for MTV paychecks. I feel sad for the kids 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My kids had a stomach virus at the end of last week and I had it yesterday.  Yesterday morning, my husband had already left for work and I was up getting the kids up & ready for the day (even though I was nauseous).  Suddenly I had to puke and I ran to the toilet to do so. My toddlers followed behind me and practically tried to get their heads in the toilet to see what I was doing and asking if I was okay (and then asking for food, etc, ha).  I couldn't even get a minute - or any personal space - to vomit.  That's real #momlife, Amber.

I also hit up my anti-nausea meds and anti-diarrhea meds and went to work after dropping the kids off at daycare.  I was miserable for much of the day, but I did what I had to do because I have to save my sick time for when the babies are sick and some ongoing medical issues I have. 

Amber could never be a functional parent with a full-time working spouse/partner or a functional single parent in the real world. 

That is the worst - and you are so right, you don't use your sick time at work for your OWN illnesses, you need to save them for when the kids are sick or the nanny/babysitter is sick.  I beg my kids to be well-behaved when I am sick and barfing, but they do. not. get. it.  Or they do. not. care.  My 5 year old cries when I throw up, he gets scared, and he says, "mommy, please stop!"  I feel for you, it is the worst.

Oh yeah any time I am in the bathroom, it turns into a party - everyone joins me - kids, cats, dogs..  it is really annoying. 

I like how the editors named this episode "Friends in Need."  If you complete the saying... A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed.  I know that there are a few different interpretations out there, but I remember learning about this saying and that the true meaning is: 'someone who needs your help becomes especially friendly in order to obtain it.'

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 16

Hi all! I used to post here but missed last season and just caught up with this season. Hope you don't mind if I jump back in. Is calling a mental health facility a "rehab" a Cait & Tyler thing? Everyone I know refers to them as mental hospitals or mental heath facilities. I think Cait didn't go to a local hospital with a mental health ward because they'd actually make her work at getting better. When you pay 10s of thousands of dollars for a luxury "rehab" they kiss your ass, coddle you, and tell you what you want to hear. IMO, they're not interested in getting people better, they're in it for the money. And when you don't get better since you didn't get proper treatment you'll come back to their facility since you were pampered and treated so well.

Loved when April called out Cait's POS dad on his claim that they were at the facility to be Cait's "rock and support". April's response that they were summoned there because they had a hand in screwing up Cait was gold, haha! His pathetic response, "Well, all kids have issues with their parents sooo...." At least April owns her part in being a shit parent.

I'm so fed up with Cait. I have anxiety issues and panic attacks so I do sympathize with her on that count but she's milking her situation for attention. I've never had a miscarriage so I apologize if I'm wrong here and offend those who have, but I wouldn't think having one 3 weeks after taking a pg test would cause a suicidal break. She just wanted another vacation and used that as the reason for her "breakdown". As someone upthread pointed out, this need for constant attention, to always play the victim, is a mental illness in itself. THAT is what she needs treatment for. ANd she's just plain lazy. I think she stole the "I bought a car seat and couldn't look at it so Tyler got rid of it" story from the episode of  This Is Us where one of the characters has a miscarriage and her fiancee has to hide the car seat she ordered.

I don't believe Maci had a miscarriage. She used that as a story as a way to glom onto Cait's story. She knew from social media during filming that Cait and Amber were pregnant so not to be outdone, she and Taylor suddenly talk about having a baby. She found out through social media that Cait had a miscarriage so suddenly she had one too. For arguments sake let's say she had - if she never knew she was pregnant how could she have experienced this devastating loss she claims? She and Taylor weren't planning and dreaming of the baby. It never existed for them. And Taylor's dramatics, "Some days I can't even think about it" Please. So it took Maci talking about her miscarriage for Cait to know she's not the only one whose been through it? Okay. I guess the therapist didn't clue you in on that one. I couldn't believe Cait said she "needed a break from rehab" while at the rehab she went to because she needed a break from real life.

• Love 13

Forgot to add that I think Gary and Kristina are going to end up raising Amber's baby for her. They seem too kindhearted when it comes to kids to sit by and watch the neglect and Amber will be all too willing to let them. NuMatt will take off within months 6 months of the birth once he sees he's the one expected to do all the work.

• Love 6

I seriously doubt Gary and Kristina would raise Amber's baby. It would end up at an adoption agency first. Why on earth would they want to take on her offspring? And maybe NuMatt's mom will take the boy. I do agree, though, that he likely won't be sticking around.

• Love 6

Amber didn't even know what Leah's bag looked like....unreal. Not that she would be familiar with such a thing considering she barely sees her however given they just spent a couple of days together you would think she would have at least seen it. Just goes to show she likely barely looked at her during the trip.

So disappointed that Gary backtracked.

• Love 23
58 minutes ago, politichick said:

I seriously doubt Gary and Kristina would raise Amber's baby. It would end up at an adoption agency first. Why on earth would they want to take on her offspring? And maybe NuMatt's mom will take the boy. I do agree, though, that he likely won't be sticking around.

It won't be an official handing over of the baby. It'll start with Amber asking if they can babysit so Leah can spend time with her half brother, then not coming back for days. Next thing you know the baby is in Gary and Kristins'a care except for when Amber takes Leah and the baby for her infrequent visits. Amber would NEVER give the baby to an adoption agency and ruin her (in her own mind) reputation as a dedicated loving mother. She'd rather Gary raise the baby same as he does Leah so she can still have access, post his pics on social media and play at being mommy while not having to do the messy work of being an actual parent. Amber isn't going to let the baby go all the way to California to live with NuMatt's mom either. Bad optics for her reputation as a great mom with her "fans".

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, happykitteh said:

Amber isn't going to let the baby go all the way to California to live with NuMatt's mom either. Bad optics for her reputation as a great mom with her "fans".

I think she's going to move to California (someone else floated that idea on the forum recently), say its for Matt's career, and then complain that Gary won't let Leah visit her.

Also I hate Amber saying to Gary, "Thank you for the apology." She has never ever apologized for anything!!! In her mind, she's never done anything wrong ever. It's so disgusting.

Edited by sandwoman
  • Love 19

Gary's a better person than i am. I hope numatt remembers all the excuses he gave for (not even good even to be an Aunt) amber not seeing Leah all summer

Because he will have to accept those same pathetic excuses when he's stuck taking care of baby james on his own while Lazy ass Amber wallows on the couch. I hate this show because it has encouraged this stupid neglectful ppl to procreate again and again. I doubt Amber or cate or Janelle would want more kids if it didn't mean attention from fans and a storyline. The only parents that seem to actually enjoy children are Chelsea and Cole Jo and vee, Gary and Kristina and maci and Taylor. And corey. Yet all these deadbeats like mac and Ryan Janelle and Co. And amber and cate and Tyler (who obviously have never been Novas primary caretaker)  who already have children that they don't really take care of yet they keep having more. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, usernameG said:

Jen seems to be a somewhat voice of reason for Edwards family. Ryan and Mac should not be having any babies right now. But I am sure Mac will get a wake up call when that baby comes....

She sure will...at 3...5 ..7..,whenever the baby cries, because you know, dirty diapers aren't really Rhiines thing! 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My toddlers followed behind me and practically tried to get their heads in the toilet to see what I was doing and asking if I was okay (and then asking for food, etc, ha).  I couldn't even get a minute - or any personal space - to vomit.  That's real #momlife, Amber.

OMG!  Oh the memories.  Amber has no idea, none!  Gary was right on when he talked about most parents don't have the luxury like Amber has.

Why do I think Gary will take on the new boy?  He has 2 girls and one is the sister of the boy so..........................................he is a lovely person..............................I vote Gary for Teen Mom of the year!

• Love 10
21 hours ago, kit.kat343 said:

I was laughing when Tyler asked what they'd learned from April, but honestly the exact same question would be applicable to Catelyn.  What could poor Nova say - I learned how to chew my nails, eat ginormous quesadillas,  and go to rehab.

"I learned how to feed myself by grabbing onions out of the crisper drawer."

20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Did anyone watch the after show?

Did Kail call Chris a "f*ggot boy"? She was bleeped out. I rewinded the DVR and read her lips and I think that is what she said. Nessa had a reaction as if she could not believe Kail used such a word.

It was probably f*ckboy.

Mmmmmm....Whataburger.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I hang with the local librarian more than Amber hangs with her own kid. 

I see my nephews more than Amber sees her own kid. 

I spend more time with you all on these forums than Amber will ever spend with Leah.

I also spent a lot of my time growing up helping with my nephews and nieces as if they were my own. My name should be on their birth certificates.

Maci - Sure, Jan. You really felt the need to travel across country to visit ailing Catelynn. It was only an opportunity for you to get out town and leave Taylor with the kids. I noticed his remark upon her return home about how hard it was to have them all day long on the weekends. Meaning, they are so accustomed to having their kids in daycare all day long during the week.

@druzy you are correct about Maci speaking as if she is halting.Her.Speech. The teleprompter comment was also precise.

Gary - I wish you had not apologized. For all the hate and unkind words Amber has thrown your way, in your face, on social media, on this show, and in interviews, you were correct in your assessment about Amber. It was filled with a lot of emotion, pain, and anger, but nothing atrocious. If this show is supposed to be about reality and what is happening in the lives of these Teen Moms, then it is fair game for those who are dealing with them to be able to say what is on their mind. Especially when it is without a doubt the truth and it comes from someone who has credibility.

Did anyone notice the wonky editing during the Gary & Kristina scene? One moment Gary is speaking while standing in front of the oven. Then, when he started talking about Matt, he was suddenly standing in front of the refrigerator.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9

I haven't read here yet, so sorry if I'm repeating things!

I legitimately laughed out loud when Amber proclaimed she didn't see Leah two times over summer, she saw her THREE times! She's a damn good mom!!!! #momlife Then later she said the reason she only saw Leah 3 times over her summer break was because she 'had to' go to 'boot camp' which lasted three weeks. I'm pretty sure summer holidays go for longer than 3- 4 weeks...? There was heaps of time left to see her in! Gary said Amber told him she was taking a break. You can't just take a break from your child! You're not Ross! It reminds me of Farrah's 'Sophia's off doing her own thing' comments. Also lol @ Amber asking Leah what her bag looks like while she was dropping her off. You've been traveling with her for a week, can't you figure out what's hers?! 'They're calling me a bad mom because of a few months of depression!' No, that's not why you're a bad mother-- there are a million other reasons. I loved the cut from Amber bitching about Gary to the spite chickens on the spite farm. A+, editors! And for the SuperGary edits.

How did Catelynn not know the 12 steps apply to more than just alcoholism? She's in a rehab facility. When Tyler and Maci met up with her and they started walking away from the car,Nova was just left behind playing in the dirt. Tyler looked at her and just stepped around her. Could somebody pay attention to the child, please?!

Geez Mackenzie, maybe Hudson was being so 'dramatic' because he learned it from you. Just a thought. Was Ryan pouring sugar packets into that drink for Hudson? I couldn't tell whose drink it was but it looked like Hudson's. He was at the table though, so it was ok. Just ask Addie.

• Love 21

Amber has said that she is has bipolar and also borderline personality disorder.  Neither of those things excuse her behavior and I am certainly not making excuses for her, but, the reality is that she isn't going to react in a rational way to things most of the time.  Being medicated would definitely help (as would undergoing fairly intense therapy, but, the person has to be really motivated to change), and she currently isn't medicated due to the pregnancy.  I grew up with a parent with a personality disorder and it was . . . interesting at times.  It literally IS all about them, it's the only way they see things.  For example, years ago, I was being tested for some fairly major illnesses (MS among them).  I told this to my parent, who promptly said "SHIT! I have to call you back.  The stupid dish just went out and One Life to Live is about to start!"  And, they were NOT kidding.  It didn't register that I could have a serious illness, their soap was about to start and their satellite was out, so, obviously anything other than the soap was not important.  They also never called back, because they have no memory of this conversation and I'm accused of making it up to be horrible if I bring it up.

So, when it comes to Gary, he IS absolutely right in what he's saying.  100%.  The problem is, though, he chose to have a child with Amber, and the reality is, Leah is here and she needs to be cared for.  It's not fair that he's stuck doing all of the heavy lifting, but, even more so, it's not fair to Leah that she got screwed in the mother lottery.  Part of being a parent is making sure your child is cared for, regardless of the circumstances, and Gary's circumstances are Amber.  It really, really sucks that this is how Amber is, but, all he can really do at this point is make the best of it.  Fighting with Amber will never get him anywhere, she's not going to hear/respond to things the way a normal person would.  If she did, she wouldn't be doing what she is doing to begin with.  I'm totally behind him venting, but, for Leah's sake, it shouldn't have been on tv.  Just as Kristina said that Leah's teachers would have social media, the same is true for watching the show, and the last thing she needs, with Amber as her mother already, is to have her father talking shit about it being hard to do all the stuff for her, or how horrible her mom is.  She'll figure it out eventually, and she will know who did what.  Those are the conversations Gary needs to keep off tv.  I also agree with him apologizing, not because I think what he said was wrong, but, because it makes things easier for Leah.  It's in her best interest for the relationship between her parents to be as smooth as possible.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

"I learned how to feed myself by grabbing onions out of the crisper drawer."

Ok I will end this eating onion thing once and for all.  My doctor always said one should eat their weight in onions each year.  Drop that apple and eat an onion.

1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Gary - I wish you had not apologized.

I can see why he did.  He knows, more than Amber does, that Leah is getting older and her friends parents are most definitely watching the rows on social media.  He did it to calm things down for her.  I do like him.

• Love 15
On 3/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, pheebs said:

Does April have dentures? That's all I got...

I don't know, but damn...Cate is a clone of that woman, only fat.  Looks and mannerisms both.

14 hours ago, Kb60 said:

I expressed a similar sentiment on this topic and some of you tore me a new asshole for it. I still believe that naming a heavy period is dramatic and that Maci was just needing a story line. Please, "Dandy, Dandylion", still cracks me up. No offense to anyone.

I couldn't help but think of the tearing of your new asshole when Cate said Maci's miscarriage was early and Maci clarified it as "very very early" and then admitted she didn't even know she was pregnant--where would the asshole tearers fall on this one? 

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Honestly, despite the fact that Maci was also getting on my nerves, I kind of felt bad for her sitting there and listening to Cate. She'd gone through the exact same thing just a few months earlier.

Maci had a heavy period and later found out she'd been pregnant when it happened, so in retrospect, it was a miscarriage and not a period her PCOS made wonky.  That's not the exact same thing as knowing you're pregnant and having a miscarriage.

I thought the baby seat thing was ridiculous (and that's only if I assume it's true), and she got pregnant about 10 seconds after deciding she wanted to, and it was very early, so I think her reaction was a bit much, but at least in her case it was the loss of an actual fetus she knew was there.  It's Maci's turning her heavy period into a miscarriage storyline, with the histrionics at that dinner she and Taylor had together about discussing it on camera when they hadn't told anybody yet, that I can't abide. 

I'm totally behind him venting, but, for Leah's sake, it shouldn't have been on tv.  Just as Kristina said that Leah's teachers would have social media, the same is true for watching the show, and the last thing she needs, with Amber as her mother already, is to have her father talking shit about it being hard to do all the stuff for her, or how horrible her mom is.  She'll figure it out eventually, and she will know who did what.  Those are the conversations Gary needs to keep off tv.  I also agree with him apologizing, not because I think what he said was wrong, but, because it makes things easier for Leah.  It's in her best interest for the relationship between her parents to be as smooth as possible.

I agree, and I also have real problems with Kristina saying on TV that maybe she should try to adopt Leah.  Why in the world would she want that on TV?   

And why argue with Amber on social media?  What possible good will come of that? 

Do any of them think any of this is in Leah's best interest?  If not, then stop it.  And since I personally don't think any of it is in Leah's best interest, I'll go ahead and judge everyone involved harshly. 

ETA:  Can anybody who follows Amber figure out how many times she did see Leah last summer?  I'd really like to know if it was two or three because I'm sure Gary knows exactly how many it was, and if it really was three, then bad on him for saying two, and giving Amber something to get righteous about. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RealitytvLover said:

Before I read any comments I just need to say that Amber is a f*cking joke, and has a huge victim complex. Mental illnesses or not, she NEVER takes responsibility for anything that happens in her life. I don't understand how anyone can be around her longer than 60 seconds without walking away when she's mid-sentence. I just can't with her. 

I agree, I have a really hard time having any remote empathy for her. I’ve also been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and it makes me absolutely livid to share a diagnosis with her... I know people avoid judging the mental health aspect because it is a true issue, and myself included I’ll snark all day on the stupid shit they do, but I try to remain PC when it comes to mental health, but I just can’t with Amber. As far as Amber is concerned I feel like her behavior gets excused a lot on the basis of her mental health (not so much here, you guys are my people because you tend to not excuse most of it) but a lot of her behavior is just because she’s an asshole. 

Its kinda a gray area so whatever I’m about to say is not 100% applicable either way, and y’all may or may not agree, also I will preface this with  mental health treatment is a hard process, and making mistakes or slipping up are all completely valid parts of that process, so I’m not saying she should just get her act together.  

What upsets me is she loves throwing her diagnoses out there, but the thing about a diagnosis is that now that you can identify what your issues are, you know what you need to work on and fix, not so you can throw out an excuse any time you are questioned. Granted I’m speaking without knowing what her treatment plan is or what she’s working on but based on her progress I would venture to say none of those are being worked on. Like you said more eloquently, she doesn’t take any responsibility.

I know Gary is trying to be the bigger person with his apology on twitter, he’s much better person than I am because I was actually disappointed.  He was stating facts and Amber needs a fat dose of tough love. I get they need to have a civil relationship, but Leah needs someone to be able to advocate for her too, and if that hurts ambers feelings then oh well. Gary is a great Dad to Leah, and even the greatest parents mess up, so I’m not hating on him... but it just makes me sad that he had the opportunity to say things to Amber that Leah can’t, and shouldn’t have to say, but to attempt to save face for Amber once again Leah is the one to suffer. I can concede that while it needs to be said maybe national television isn’t the best venue for that, but Amber needs to hear it.

• Love 19

@bounnatalie as if they didn’t just have a 20 hour road trip to gather Leahs belongings, lol. It may be wonky editing but judging by the look on Gary’s face he was probably fearing the worst - It’s gotta suck having to hand over your pride and joy to someone that hasn’t proved herself fit enough to take care of a pet yet alone a human for a cross country trip. She IS the one talked about in that blind item about leaving her baby unattended in a bath tub.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 17

ETA:  Can anybody who follows Amber figure out how many times she did see Leah last summer?  I'd really like to know if it was two or three because I'm sure Gary knows exactly how many it was, and if it really was three, then bad on him for saying two, and giving Amber something to get righteous about. 

It was actually Kristina that guessed two...they did a playback of her saying it, and she said it like she was estimating the amount.  So it really wasn't stated in a way that Amber should have even made a big deal about the number.

After watching the episode, I think I can see why Gary apologized.  Not that he wasn't telling the truth, but part of what is so good about Gary and Kristina is that they are generally careful about what they say and do, and my guess is that they feel like they should have not discussed this situation on camera for everyone's sake.  So I am sure he is just trying to move on and remind himself not to put himself in that situation again.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 11

Speaking out about Amber on TV may be the only real chance that Gary has to bring these issues up with Amber. I doubt she would really sit down and talk to him, especially if she thought he would call her out on her behavior. If it's on the show she can't totally ignore it. I didn't hear anything untruthful or unkind from Gary and Kristina, just 2 people concerned about their daughter. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I can see why he did.  He knows, more than Amber does, that Leah is getting older and her friends parents are most definitely watching the rows on social media.  He did it to calm things down for her.  I do like him.

Loved when the graphic threw a cape on Gary!  Super Gar Bear!

did Leah barely bring any belongings w/her on the RV trip?  she had a large-ish shopping bag and two smaller bags.  Where was her luggage?

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, teapot said:

Loved when the graphic threw a cape on Gary!  Super Gar Bear!

did Leah barely bring any belongings w/her on the RV trip?  she had a large-ish shopping bag and two smaller bags.  Where was her luggage?

Thanks @teapot- I was wondering what that yellow thing was (maybe I shouldn't admit that).

• Love 1

Whoa! Rhiine looks horrible in that pic! So he isn't cured from his 2 week stint in rehab?! What?!  He is only 30!!!

The epi title reminds me of a song lyric...A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.  That fits Cate! 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 5

Radar

A police insider at Red Bank City Police Department exclusively told Radar that Edwards, 30, was arrested at his home on a warrant at 3pm on March 27 for petition to revoke, which means breaking probation, “He was held on $5,000 bond,” a spokesperson for Hamilton County Jail in Tennessee exclusively told Radar. “He was bonded out at 10:15pm.”

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Whoa! Rhiine looks horrible in that pic! So he isn't cured from his 2 week stint in rehab?! What?!  He is only 30!!!

The epi title reminds me of a song lyric...A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.  That fits Cate! 

Pure Morning!  love that tune!!!

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

So I guess we found out that Maci didn't know she had a miscarriage until the doctor told her she was pregnant and miscarried?  So the whole thing about the baby's name (Dandyliihhn) was bullshit?

Sounds like she had a chemical pregnancy which is a very early miscarriage.  I had two back to back when I was trying to get pregnant with our daughter.  I was sad for a few days, but I didn't go around telling everyone I had a miscarriage and naming my unborn babies.  That was a little much.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

In Mac's mind, this is somehow Maci's fault.

20180328_094426.jpg

Are all of the above charges related to Ryan or are the names above his blacked out because when I looked I only saw Petition to Revoke.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, druzy said:

Are all of the above charges related to Ryan or are the names above his blacked out because when I looked I only saw Petition to Revoke.

I did that. I got the screen shot off of FB  and didn't think it was right to post strangers addresses and such. I also blacked out Ryan's address.

• Love 4