Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, discoprincess said:

Wasn't Jon actually in a frat? I'd half expect that kind of behavior from Jon instead of Ryan.

It's interesting if Jon is hyperaware of his on-screen image, especially since his employer had let him go because he was doing the show.

Jon may well have been in a frat. He apparently has an Ivy League college education (or at least, close to it.) [Edit: apparently Jon's education wasn't even *close* to Ivy League--] But it was good enough so that Molly once proclaimed it shouldn't be hard for him to find another good job. 

I find it very interesting that there's been no more discussion of Jon's job status on the show. [Editors' fault?] It's strange, because Molly has been colder to Jon ever since she found out he was unemployed, weeks ago!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4

I'm wondering if Ryan could be an alcoholic which would be a bigger problem than his need to go out with the boys. Jackie has mentioned not wanting to deal with him when he gets home because of the drinking.  But back to the Saturday night thing.  Ryan won't change his priorities period which will doom this marriage either at the end of the "experiment" or later.  Jackie should be his Saturday night priority, not his friends.  I doubt she would care if it was an occasional thing but he is putting these guys first (who probably have their own relationships).  Is it an excuse just to drink?

• Love 16

I don’t get the impression that Jon is hyper aware of the cameras.  I think he is more mature than the others, possibly due to his military service, and realizes that while this isn’t the ideal outcome the situation is temporary and he is going to honor his commitment and try to get the most out of the experience.  

I’m beginning to wonder if we don’t have another Sam and Neil in the making given Molly hasn’t done the Unfiltereds and seems to be fairly quiet.  Sam and Neil were on a few seasons back.  Sam thought she was all that so could be a total PITA and still get chosen and was devastated when Neil chose divorce.

Edited by Booger666
Clarity
  • Love 8

Maybe my expectations are too high bit if I had even just a boyfriend who said hey it's Saturday night  and this is the night I always went out with my buddies and that's not going to change so see ya I'd dump the guy. I don't understand why Ryan doesn't invite Jackie to all these dinners with fire dept buddies. I think it was Jon that said Ryan acts and thinks like a teenager. That is spot on!! Jackie looks so sad all the time. I wish  I could give her a hug. She's so done. When Ryan's friend mentioned none of Ryan's past relationships were healthy I wonder if Ryan's never had a serious relationship and maybe had just dated married women or something. That's a big thing with firefighters iny area. Especially the  young unmarried ones. Ryan seems like he's never had to compromise so there is no way hes ever been in a normal relationship. 

Jephte and Shawniece are cute

The scene at Molly's moms house.. All I could think of is Molly decided to utilize the free labor of Jon to paint her mom's house because she sure wasn't dressed to help. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Jon may well have been in a frat. He apparently has an Ivy League college education (or at least, close to it) --enough so that Molly once proclaimed that it shouldn't be hard for him to find another good job. 

I find it very interesting that there's been no more discussion of Jon's job status on the show. [Editors' fault?] It's strange, because Molly has been colder to Jon ever since she found out he was unemployed, weeks ago!

Jon is a third-degree connection of mine on LinkedIn. He has a bachelor's of business administration from Suffolk University, an MBA from Bond University, and a master's of science in financial services from Suffolk University. I've heard of Suffolk University (it's in Boston) but not Bond University. He also lists his fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon, on his profile and he's been teaching scuba for almost 7 years - by far the longest job he's had outside of the military. The finance jobs are all less than a year; he was in the Army for four.

I don't find it odd at all that Jon is still unemployed in show time. He lost his job and then went on his honeymoon for a week. They're five weeks into this, so he's been unemployed for a month. That's nothing, particularly if it's summer - hiring often slows down in summer.

• Love 14

Jackie deserves a nice big fat fruit basket (that she can chuck at Ryan) for the awful pairing the "experts" gave her.   I am hoping Ryan is one of those "looks good on paper" types, otherwise, WTF, experts?   He cannot seem to understand/analyze himself at all, and is consistently contradicting his own statements as he talks with (ahem, talks TO) others, so I am really not sure how he could have passed all the self-reflection questionnaires and personality tests that ask you the same questions in a plethora of fashions.  He's by far the worst pick I have seen on the 3 seasons I have watched this series.  Did they choose what appears to be an ignoramus alcoholic for mere ratings?  I am so glad I do not live in Boston any longer.  If I ever passed him on the street, I may be arrested for possible actions most wouldn't blame me for taking!  I am so sorry for Jackie, she seems to be a decent person, who has herself mostly figured out (the best you can at that age and time of your life), deals with conflicts calmly, expresses herself well, communicates in a clear, direct manner.  Perhaps Jackie would be a good contender for "Second Chances"?   

My parting words: Ryan is an ass-wipe, and seems like he will always be an ass-wipe. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jackie...time to ask the experts... WTF?! Why would they match her with a lying sack of shit?

The experts would not have a good answer to this question.  Time for Jackie to look up the other girls who have been fixed up with Ryans on this show!  And Davina and Sonia and Neil!

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? And not a mention that she was sick. What a jerk. Funny how sweet, pliant Jackie becomes a shrieking harpy in Ryan's tiny, Cro Magnon brain. I hope she's found out how he's trash talked her behind her back.

She has by now :)

• Love 5

Ryan is an ass-wipe, and seems like he will always be an ass-wipe. 

I cant stand that immature little prick. He has a drinking problem and his shitty attitude about everything makes me want to slug him. He doesnt want a relationship= he wants a buddy he can screw

• Love 7
3 hours ago, discoprincess said:

Showing Ryan's baby pics (one of which Ryan denied was of him - really? 

This is an example of what he does, which is apparently present throughout his life:  Gaslighting.

He throws Jackie under the bus to his friend, saying she demanded that he stay home, when in fact, she was sick and was hoping her husband would want to stay home with her.

He gaslights Jackie constantly, by not letting her get a word in edgewise, but changing her story back to her and not giving her the opportunity to speak, or correct the story, as he then will label her a terrible wife.

She is in a no-win situation with him.

Yes, this is emotional abuse.  It's not just simple immaturity or basic douchie-ness, but abuse.  

He puts on a smear campaign about Jackie to others, and then to her face, he lets her know how it is.

I've played this game, and it's not pretty.

• Love 19

Thought it was interesting that Molly said that her relationship with Jon is the first one where she actually talked through relationship issues.   However, the show has only shown them discuss one relationship issues, their lack of sex life, and that issue has not really been resolved....LOL     

Ryan lives in an alternate universe of his own creation.   

Jepthe and Shawniece are the cutest. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Jon may well have been in a frat. He apparently has an Ivy League college education (or at least, close to it) --enough so that Molly once proclaimed that it shouldn't be hard for him to find another good job. 

I don’t think it’s anywhere close to Ivy League. I heard from the podcast here that he is close to having degrees from “degree mills”. I like the guy, just wanted to clarify that :)

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

I don’t think it’s anywhere close to Ivy League. I heard from the podcast here that he is close to having degrees from “degree mills”. I like the guy, just wanted to clarify that :)

Further clarification: There are only 8 Ivy League schools. There are other prestigious institutions that are considered to be Ivy League caliber (like Stanford), but they're not actually part of the Ivy League. :) 

• Love 2

I can total see Ryan selling himself to the experts (remember all he had to do is talk to them for a few hours and he got a wife without months of dating, wedding planning etc). I'm sure the experts were excited to see another firefighter, like Jason plus Ryan was an established home owning firefighter from an intact supportive family. Ryan even talking to his buddy last night knows how to command the conversation and push his points. I'm sure can see him listing his 1001 best qualities to the experts with 1 joke fault like I can't  cook or I leave the seat up. The experts probably ate him up. 

My take on Ryan's buddy saying you have been in relationships before: Ryan tells Jackie he has not been in a relationship for 9 years, I believe this statement. I bet this was the last regular date, bring home to mom , relationship he had right after high school by the time frame. Now he is not going to sit around the firehouse or go out with his buddies and not talk about women. He said he has been on dating apps but my guess is that they didn't go more then a few dates, hook ups but that is what he talked about with the guys. They were probably diasters because he was looking just for a hook up or looking for an instant wife without the work. 

The last two times Jackie has called Ryan out on drinking she said you get drunk, not a few beers with the guys. Last night when she walked out of the kitchen , she said something like she wasn't going to talk to him while he was drunk? Ryan said he walked home from the bowling alley.  Jon and Jep did not appear drunk at or after the bowling alley. Did Ryan drink more then them or stop off for a few more before he came home. Interesting the only thing he took from the conversation with the boys was does your wife respect you? Such selective hearing.

As for Jon's education , he seems proud of it. I went to a high school in MA that had alot of students competing for top colleges. There were the true IVY's like Harvard, then the next step was like the Mt Holyoke-Smith schools and then what was called tier 1 and Suffolk could have been tier 1 but I think it was tier 2, meaning pricey nice school but not as selective but you probably leave with some good networking and decent education.  My biology partner went there on a full scholarship, wasn't her first choice but it was 100% paid for. Certainly not ivy league but at least in the 1990's Suffolk  was not a diploma mill.  

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

14 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

Further clarification: There are only 8 Ivy League schools. There are other prestigious institutions that are considered to be Ivy League caliber (like Stanford), but they're not actually part of the Ivy League. :) 

Suffolk is a well respected private university, especially the law school. But its not analogous to an Ivy, like Tufts or Brandeis, for example.

• Love 6
On 3/27/2018 at 9:59 AM, humbleopinion said:

Great/awful news...new Unfiltered tonight before the new episode to delight/horrify your viewing pleasure/disappointment.

Avoid/DVR/watch if you are so inclined....

A tweet reminded me of something that Ryan had said during last night's Unfiltered. He told a story about when he had gone into the bathroom while Jaclyn was sitting on the seat, apparently doing #2. I was like, "Really?" It wasn't even a charming story. (I bet Jon or Jephte, if they were even going to volunteer that information, would have framed it differently.) I didn't think that was necessary, and I bet Jaclyn would have been embarrassed if she knew he had told that story. 

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 5

The thing about Ryan is, everything he says is according to Ryan Law.

I'm keeping my apartment, and it's not up for discussion, because, Ryan Law.

Saturday nights are for going out, and if Jackie has a problem with it, then tough, because, Ryan Law.

Going out with my buddies at 11:00 pm is cool, even if Jackie is sick, because, Ryan Law.

Jackie, I hope you're reading these forums, and although I know the experiment is long over and your decision has been made, but:

--If you chose to divorce, then good for you.  You'll find someone better.

--If you chose to stay, then consider divorce.  You'll find someone better.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 23

The poo story was just immature and his telling of it made the crew in the studio and the viewers hate him with the intensity of a thousand Suns...

Apparently, Ryan has never been on a vacation sharing a room with a woman who felt at liberty to take her dump in the suite's bathroom, just with a door separating them and he walked in while she was in the middle of the turd...so he expressed his horror...his disgust...and shock that marriage could be so real...

He's never been on a family vacation with his mom or sister taking a dump in the hotel room's toilet?  Guess not...

He's never been on an out of town paintball trip where he shared a room with a paintball team mate and the dude took a dump because Nature called? Guess not...

Ryan just had to embarrass Jackie because he is a fuckin' fool.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10

Boo on the "experts" for taking someone who is already vulnerable from losing someone she expected would be her life partner and matching her with a douche like Ryan (and I take back anything nice I said about him).  That's pretty reprehensible.  Imagine how traumatized Jac is going to be after this.  Ironically, it seems to be Jephte who has his head on the straightest about this "experiment" when he talked about taking it slow.  Of course they matched him with a hot tomato who wanted to get it on right away, but I do believe that by the time the eight weeks is over, they will have met in the middle.  I think Jephte has some serious @ssh*le potential, but he does seem to get that when you're married, you have to care about what your wife wants.  And of course Shawniece is perhaps the most appealing young woman to ever be on this show, so I hope they work out.  Jon is at this point seeing the big picture, and that picture is that his future is not with Molly, but with the army of women who are going to be lining up to date him when this is over.  He's good-looking, athletic, and at least SEEMS to want a committed relationship.  A guy like this will be able to get a job as soon as he wants one, though I can see why having to reveal in a job interview "Oh by the way I can't start for another eight weeks because I'm on a reality show" would make him decide to wait.  Who knows, perhaps he and Jac will get together.  

One thing that DOES come through in this show, over and over again, is just how few of these people have no idea what marriage is about, or even what a relationship is about.  Shawniece was all about the sex and being able to say "huzbin" all the time.  Ryan seems to think it was like being buddies with benefits.  I don't KNOW what Jephte was thinking, except that he may be so painfully shy that this was the only way he could even get a date, never mind a wife.  Only Jon and Jac seem to get it at all, so I hope they do get together after this is over.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Jon is at this point seeing the big picture, and that picture is that his future is not with Molly, but with the army of women who are going to be lining up to date him when this is over.  He's good-looking, athletic, and at least SEEMS to want a committed relationship.  A guy like this will be able to get a job as soon as he wants one, though I can see why having to reveal in a job interview "Oh by the way I can't start for another eight weeks because I'm on a reality show" would make him decide to wait.  Who knows, perhaps he and Jac will get together.  

One thing that DOES come through in this show, over and over again, is just how few of these people have no idea what marriage is about, or even what a relationship is about.  Shawniece was all about the sex and being able to say "huzbin" all the time.  Ryan seems to think it was like being buddies with benefits.  I don't KNOW what Jephte was thinking, except that he may be so painfully shy that this was the only way he could even get a date, never mind a wife.  Only Jon and Jac seem to get it at all, so I hope they do get together after this is over.

What Jon may not realize is that love can be unconditional, but relationships are conditional especially a marriage relationship. He is being played big time there is no way she is going to agree to stay married to someone she won't even disrobe for. If he thinks this is some kind of test he's dreaming. I suspect if he did show interest in other woman Molly would get bent out of shape. She may not want him but that doesn't mean she wants someone else to have him. Sucker!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Jon is a third-degree connection of mine on LinkedIn. He has a bachelor's of business administration from Suffolk University, an MBA from Bond University, and a master's of science in financial services from Suffolk University. I've heard of Suffolk University (it's in Boston) but not Bond University. He also lists his fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon, on his profile and he's been teaching scuba for almost 7 years - by far the longest job he's had outside of the military. The finance jobs are all less than a year; he was in the Army for four.

I don't find it odd at all that Jon is still unemployed in show time. He lost his job and then went on his honeymoon for a week. They're five weeks into this, so he's been unemployed for a month. That's nothing, particularly if it's summer - hiring often slows down in summer.

I'm not surprised he doesn't have a job yet either. But, what does surprise me (as someone else mentioned) is that production has not included a conversation about his plans or search with Molly. They haven't shown him doing much outside of waiting for Molly to come home either which I find to be odd. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, red12 said:

I'm not surprised he doesn't have a job yet either. But, what does surprise me (as someone else mentioned) is that production has not included a conversation about his plans or search with Molly. They haven't shown him doing much outside of waiting for Molly to come home either which I find to be odd. 

Well, watching someone job-hunt would be really boring (just like it would be boring to watch someone with an office job at work). He’s probably just sitting home sending out resumes, you know? And if he IS going on interviews, those can’t be filmed (although I agree that he would mention that to Molly because it’s progress).

55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think it's weird that he owns properties but rents an apartment with roommates. 

Me too. Ryan is clearly not the kind of person who likes to live alone - him having roommates doesn’t surprise me at all. But why not live in one of the places he owns?

• Love 4

So hearing all this talk about how Ryan is the worst, made me think to actually list the top worst.  A rule I have to state up front is that we can only rate them from what we saw on the season, and NOT on Second Chances, because we all would probably rate David as #1 or 2.  Here's mine:

1. Ryan abuser (the one with the restraining order taken out against him)

2. Ryan fireman

3. Tie between Ryan basement and Nate (matched with Sheila), if it's really true that they had secret girlfriends the whole time.  Actually, that should make them #1, but I can't get past the personality defects of the #1 and #2 Ryan

4. Sam, who was matched with Neil

5. Ashley, who was matched with David

Favorite people:

1. Jaclyn, matched with Ryan fireman

2. Jason and Cortney together as a couple (especially Jason!)

3. Jaclyn, matched with Ryan basement

4. Ashley and Anthony together as a couple

5. Jon, matched with Molly

• Love 8
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The poo story was just immature and his telling of it made the crew in the studio and the viewers hate him with the intensity of a thousand Suns...

Apparently, Ryan has never been on a vacation sharing a room with a woman who felt at liberty to take her dump in the suite's bathroom, just with a door separating them and he walked in while she was in the middle of the turd...so he expressed his horror...his disgust...and shock that marriage could be so real...

He's never been on a family vacation with his mom or sister taking a dump in the hotel room's toilet?  Guess not...

He's never been on an out of town paintball trip where he shared a room with a paintball team mate and the dude took a dump because Nature called? Guess not...

Ryan just had to embarrass Jackie because he is a fuckin' fool.

1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I think Jephte said last night, while talking about the phone swap experiment, that he still had traces of a couple of women that he had been talking to before he went on the show. He said that they weren't happy that he was getting married. He also didn't want Shawniece to see anything relating to these women. (I didn't get any indication that he was still creeping with them-or any woman, unlike Nate.)

Ryan may not get grossed out about his female relatives taking a dump because, you know, they're family. He wouldn't think that much about his (male) roommates doing that either, because, they're dudes. However, heaven forbid a girl does that! That just kills all the feminine mystique! *rolls eyes*

27 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

So hearing all this talk about how Ryan is the worst, made me think to actually list the top worst.  A rule I have to state up front is that we can only rate them from what we saw on the season, and NOT on Second Chances, because we all would probably rate David as #1 or 2.  Here's mine:

2. Ryan fireman

3. Tie between Ryan basement and Nate (matched with Sheila), if it's really true that they had secret girlfriends the whole time.  Actually, that should make them #1, but I can't get past the personality defects of the #1 and #2 Ryan

Favorite people:

Now I remember Nate saying once or twice when he got frustrated that he didn't want to be married anymore, and Sheila was very hurt. At least he was being honest in that moment, instead of doing this passive-aggressive crap that Ryan is pulling. Also, as the show went on, Nate at least pretended to be what should have been a "good husband". I can't see Ryan looking like he is about to cry if Jaclyn were to move out before the 6 weeks are up, let alone begging her to stay. 

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it's weird that he owns properties but rents an apartment with roommates. 

Because he needs constant attention and living alone wouldnt feed his need to be "cool"- plus who would he drink with and tell his BS to?

He acts like he is a 12 year old

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Because he needs constant attention and living alone wouldnt feed his need to be "cool"- plus who would he drink with and tell his BS to?

He acts like he is a 12 year old

Right but it would make better financial sense to live in the house he owned and had his friends pay him rent.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

2. Ryan fireman

Favorite people:

I agree 100% on the worst, but for favorites I veer off: 

1. SHAWNIECE

2. Neil

3. Jackie, matched with Basement Ryan

4. Jason 

5. Jon

• Love 10

Ryan's dad knows his son is a fidgety douche.

Knows Jackie is too good for his juvenile, deep in arrested development son who is incapable of acting like an adult in his personal life...

Nice of the Buckleys to throw a lasagna farewell dinner for Jackie before she dumps Ryan's ass.

Felt sorry for Ryan's dad when he said they loved Jackie very much....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12

If Princess Molly decides to "keep" Jon, how long will he be able to "shut up and say yes" to keep her happy?  Who does she think she is?  When she speaks to him, she tries to speak above him like he is less than her.  Everything is about her, her decision if she wants to keep him, her family, her wants, etc.. What an entitled bore she is.  What about what he wants and needs, his family, his friends?  She must have been spoiled as a child, and I'll bet a lot of guys didn't want her.  She depends entirely on her blonde hair and skinny body, but has zero personality.  The "big adventuress" climbed about two feet and fell down.  I hope Jon wakes up and smells the coffee.  I hope on decision day, they ask her first and she says yes .. Then ask him and he says no.  Her bubble has to be broken, and he has to wise up and stop being a doormat.  I'm really losing respect for him.  

• Love 7

How is it embarrassing for Jackie that she defecates? I don't watch Unfiltered but can't imagine how that story reflects badly on anyone but Ryan.

6 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Ryan seems to think [marriage] was like being buddies with benefits.

If only Jackie were so lucky! Being one of Ryan's buddies means you get all kinds of time, attention, drinks, travel, outdoor games, and parties for retirement, cancer, birthdays, or just because it's 11 pm. He'll go out of his way to make you happy and put your needs above his wife's.

Ryan must have Entourage playing on a constant loop in his bachelor pad. Mark Wahlberg is his hero, y'all!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, red12 said:

Jon brought up that he was still unemployed on the unfiltered segments with Jamie. Unfiltered is taped after the season? so I guess he was unemployed the whole 8 weeks. I think Jon does not seem being unemployed as anything bad. He has traveled, gone back to school, and gotten jobs in between. Molly might see this as a big deal , I know I would. I probably would be seen as horrible but during my husband's big career move, I had him work 2 full time jobs , I did not let him quit his first job till I knew his new job would work out. I hope Molly and Jon  have had lots of talks off camera about his time frame for work and his financial situation. I really think this has to be her bigger issue then attraction. 

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

While I agree with others that Ryan likes to be around others, he may be renting out the properties because it is the best financial situation. My husband when he was single built (himself) a family suburban home. He lived in it for a short time, but who wants to pay utlities on a huge house as a single guy and live in a neighborhood with  a ton of kids near schools? My husband also had a 45 minute work commute. He rented out the house for good money and rented an apartment with a friend 5 minutes from his work in a more single friendly area. Boston area rentals especially if in the right school district can go for crazy high rents. Lets hope Ryan is doing something right and making good money for his future. 

• Love 3

Boy, this show really messed up when they cast Ryan instead of his friend. He is so much more responsible and mature and doesn't sound like an idiot. Of course, compared to Ryan, my dog sounds like a fucking genius.

Jackie needs to collect her paycheck and run like hell.  Cut your losses, girl. 

I agree with the others who have said Jon clearly hates Ryan. That right there makes Jon likable. I think he's adorable.  He gave up his apartment. Did he ever say whether the situation with his cat is permanent?  I think he's clearly all in but Molly seems to be hedging her bets and keeping one foot by the door. I'm not going to knock her for not having sex with Jon (although I don't think I'd be able to keep my hands off him - I'm a redhead, Jon, call me) - - it has been like 40 days, so just over a month but . . . at least give him some positive reassurance. 

Shawniece and Jephte are cute - - and I do think they'll stay married at the end - - but he does aggravate me with his stupid comments about how if someone told him to do something, he wouldn't do it because someone had told him what to do. What are you, 5?  8?  He works with kids, he should know better.  And I'm with Shawniece - - kids do take priority sometimes but your spouse should ultimately come first. If both parents are happy, the kids will be happy.  And the parents won't be strangers by the time the kids are grown (seen this happen to quite a few people.) 

Can we pay the show for the opportunity to punch Ryan in the throat?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Right but it would make better financial sense to live in the house he owned and had his friends pay him rent.

right- but we never said he was smart

55 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Can we pay the show for the opportunity to punch Ryan in the throat?

How about lower- that way he cant breed

• Love 10

I didn't think it was possible but Ryan gets worse every episode. Maybe it's something that AA and shock treatments could fix. Maybe not. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a trained seal. He became belligerent when she mentioned that both she and Molly aren't sure what will be from day to day, because the similarity went right over his empty head. "Sometimes girls don't like to hear the truth".  Wow. It's so strange that he doesn't even pretend to hear what Cal, Jon, Jephte, Brian and Jaclyn say.  I hope on decision day that he goes first and wants to remain married so that she can tell the biggest tool in the tool belt to piss off.  

• Love 12

I'm finally getting around to watching this episode and the editing is working my last nerve.

Whenever Jephte says anything long term or affectionate about Shawniece, it's a voiceover where we can't see his face. I've watched enough trashy reality TV to wonder how much was dubbed in later. It's really what's stopping me from shipping them all the way.

I think Jephte is immature in relationships in general and it's very telling that he thought marriage would be like TV couples. I also thought it was incredibly vulnerable and brave to share that with Shawniece. Those crazy kids keep making me root for them.

I have no idea what's going on with Molly and Jon. Jon's winning a lot of fans for being in the same season as Ryan. His douchebaggery makes the 2 other grooms look great. Molly reminds me of a friend who did a lot of activity dating till she met her husband. With all her exes, they were always going out and doing things, but she was never vulnerable or real with them. I think it's important for Molly to be the pretty girl who's fun and active because she can hide behind that.

Because it can't be said enough, Ryan is a tool. And he was fairly drunk during and after pool with the boys. I think the rapid bullshit talking lying Ryan is the real version. When he tries to be vulnerable or sensitive, he's just spouting Hallmark platitudes. I know this is a highly edited show, but I haven't heard him say anything good about Jaclyn's individual qualities. Just generic great wife shit.  Even Jon finds specific reasons why he likes his boring wife. 

• Love 15

Ryan's parents were sullenly looking at Jaclyn because they sense she's figured it out & ready to dump their son. "Life can be difficult"  - Captain Obvious Ryan's dad was lamely working Jaclyn in dim hopes she may stay.

Jaclyn must know by now life will be a lot less difficult without Ryan.

Ryan is trying to spin things with the other men & his friend to make it seem like it will be Jaclyn's fault when this doesn't work out.  He's trying to set them up to side with him but no one's buying what he's selling.

I am starting to wonder whether he's setting it all up to actually do the dumping himself on decision day...

There's just no deal this show could possibly offer to make it worth it for Jaclyn to stay with this asshole. I'm hoping they ask her first so she can be the hero for us all.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So hearing all this talk about how Ryan is the worst, made me think to actually list the top worst.  A rule I have to state up front is that we can only rate them from what we saw on the season, and NOT on Second Chances, because we all would probably rate David as #1 or 2. 

IMO the worst was Barf Bag Sean.  I can't even remember why I hated him so much, but I did and I still do.  

• Love 4

Sean AKA self proclaimed Christian Grey...laughable...

Never stayed in NYC but commuted to NJ for job and his gay Bowling team, the Rainbow Rollers...no judgement...team members could  be mix of gay, straight, whatever they identify....

Gave Legos as a gift

Davina was put off at the sleigh ride in the first days of the honeymoon and the marriage never recovered...

• Love 3

IMO the worst was Barf Bag Sean.  I can't even remember why I hated him so much, but I did and I still do.  

Davina was no walk in the park but Sean came on the show solely for reality show fame. He had no intention of making the marriage work in any way. He said the right things on camera and then made zero effort in real life.  All the men of the second season were of such poor quality that we all realized the pool for men that want to be on this program was pretty shallow.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Boo on the "experts" for taking someone who is already vulnerable from losing someone she expected would be her life partner and matching her with a douche like Ryan (and I take back anything nice I said about him).  That's pretty reprehensible.  Imagine how traumatized Jac is going to be after this.  Ironically, it seems to be Jephte who has his head on the straightest about this "experiment" when he talked about taking it slow.  Of course they matched him with a hot tomato who wanted to get it on right away, but I do believe that by the time the eight weeks is over, they will have met in the middle.  I think Jephte has some serious @ssh*le potential, but he does seem to get that when you're married, you have to care about what your wife wants.  And of course Shawniece is perhaps the most appealing young woman to ever be on this show, so I hope they work out.  Jon is at this point seeing the big picture, and that picture is that his future is not with Molly, but with the army of women who are going to be lining up to date him when this is over.  He's good-looking, athletic, and at least SEEMS to want a committed relationship.  A guy like this will be able to get a job as soon as he wants one, though I can see why having to reveal in a job interview "Oh by the way I can't start for another eight weeks because I'm on a reality show" would make him decide to wait.  Who knows, perhaps he and Jac will get together.  

I never thought of that but I bet Jacqueline and Jon would be a great match!

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I never thought of that but I bet Jacqueline and Jon would be a great match!

They both kind of have "gypsy souls".  Jon's past has reportedly included 4 years in the military, traveling, and a lot of changing to different jobs and different schools (he even attended college in Australia)! So if his wife said she really wanted to travel, and maybe even live in another country for a while, he'd probably be fine with that.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3

I know y'all think Molly is boring, but she had me dying this episode when she was patting herself on the back about what a great communicator she is.  She has to be one of the worst communicators I have ever seen in my entire life.  Condescension is never helpful, Molly.  Just because you talk slowly and clearly enough so that Jon can identify the individual words you use (cough hint Ryan) does not mean that you are doing a good job communicating and compromising with your husband.  What a twit.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I know y'all think Molly is boring, but she had me dying this episode when she was patting herself on the back about what a great communicator she is.  She has to be one of the worst communicators I have ever seen in my entire life.  Condescension is never helpful, Molly.  Just because you talk slowly and clearly enough so that Jon can identify the individual words you use (cough hint Ryan) does not mean that you are doing a good job communicating and compromising with your husband.  What a twit.

Jon waiting for Molly and following her around like a puppy dog has really inflated her ego. She was not like this in the first episode where she seemed to be doing this show out of desperation. She even joked about getting the latte that Jon was allergic to so he can not kiss her, while the poor guy is spending all day with her relatives painting her mother's house.

• Love 6

Oh to be blonde and skinny. It must be nice to have people fawn all over u and sing ur praises for doing the most basic things. I guess this  turns you into someone as delusional as Molly. Her self image and what we have seen of her don't match up at all! Miss I'm so adventurous and went rock climbing in high school.. She freaks at the difficult Wall and weakly climbs 2 feet and gives up. She's the life of the party this crazy adventurous gal who has threesomes. Yet she gets angry when she gets splashed by mud while off roading. She can barely give her husband a chaste peck without cringing and she seems very quiet and reserved. 

• Love 8