Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, 2727 said:

How is it embarrassing for Jackie that she defecates? I don't watch Unfiltered but can't imagine how that story reflects badly on anyone but Ryan.

If only Jackie were so lucky! Being one of Ryan's buddies means you get all kinds of time, attention, drinks, travel, outdoor games, and parties for retirement, cancer, birthdays, or just because it's 11 pm. He'll go out of his way to make you happy and put your needs above his wife's.

Ryan must have Entourage playing on a constant loop in his bachelor pad. Mark Wahlberg is his hero, y'all!

Everybody poops, but people generally don't talk about it in public. ;)

If Ryan really were to look up to Mark Wahlberg, then that's another reason to dislike him.

I wonder if Jaclyn will walk out on Ryan like Sheila walked out on Nate, and Sonia walked out on Nick.

11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Ryan's parents were sullenly looking at Jaclyn because they sense she's figured it out & ready to dump their son. "Life can be difficult"  - Captain Obvious Ryan's dad was lamely working Jaclyn in dim hopes she may stay.

I felt bad for Ryan's parents. They seemed to like Jaclyn. They're nice to her. (By the way, I wonder, how did Ryan end up with his temperment?)I wish there were a way to keep the in-laws after a divorce, even when no children are involved.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 9

Jon is resigned that doing the scripted producer driven stunts is the fastest way to get usable footage for the editors to manipulate for Team MoJo's slice of each episode.

Painting in last season's clothes is as frumpy as Molly will present herself...

Jon has held his tongue, suppressed his wise cracks, his quick quips have disappeared  because Molly does not like them...he only says things she will agree.

Jon's hyena laugh made a rare reappearance when he was scoffing at the naked shower ambush suggestion by asinine Ryan.

Too bad Jon didn't know that Dawn's treatment of him was exactly how Molly was going to treat him...

Jon is getting the sympathetic edit...with the emphasis on the pathetic.

Once his Molly nightmare is over, Jon will have no problem with getting dates because he is a gentleman and a good guy.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I know y'all think Molly is boring, but she had me dying this episode when she was patting herself on the back about what a great communicator she is.  She has to be one of the worst communicators I have ever seen in my entire life.  Condescension is never helpful, Molly.  Just because you talk slowly and clearly enough so that Jon can identify the individual words you use (cough hint Ryan) does not mean that you are doing a good job communicating and compromising with your husband.  What a twit.

Oh YES !    Condescending.  That's Molly alright.  She speaks down to Jon as if he was a dummy.   She is a "snob and a half".  Why?  I have no idea.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6

Rewatched the Matchmaking episode to see where the train went off the rails.

Ryan must have been on sedatives and  tranquilizers...no twitching, no stilted nonsensical, rapid fire talking in cliches... he comes off as a calm rational person albeit in those folksy suspenders..not the drunkard, loudmouth, inconsiderate, selfish dolt we see in each episode.

Jackie's other match was going to be Eric, a guy recovered from cancer...that would have given her flashbacks to her recent past so they went with Ryan.

Jon's match was going to be that yogi, Lizzie who comes off as a too, too much because her energy(chakras) is too overpowering ...Plus she didn't have the "look" Jon prefers.

Shawniece's match was a guy who preferred Hispanic women so Jephte was matched with their age difference a concern.

The 3 primary cast members were going to be Jackie, Jon and Shawniece as the tent poles of this season.

Jackie and Jon were never considered as a couple in the final decisions because the producers had their 3 story lines.

Hard to believe that none of the men and women in the cattle calls didn't recognize each other from bars, dating apps, friends since the Boston dating scene is always described as "everybody knows each other."

Guess the producers warned them to not wave across the room and told to act as if they are all strangers to each other.

The next stop...Dallas has even a smaller dating pool.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The 3 primary cast members were going to be Jackie, Jon and Shawniece as the tent poles of this season.

Jackie and Jon were never considered as a couple in the final decisions because the producers had their 3 story lines.

This is a very interesting observation. I wonder if this explains why they're the ones getting the more positive edits in their respective marriages.

It would suck if a compatible couple was not matched because it went against the production's plotting of storylines. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kira28 said:

Oh to be blonde and skinny. It must be nice to have people fawn all over u and sing ur praises for doing the most basic things. I guess this  turns you into someone as delusional as Molly. Her self image and what we have seen of her don't match up at all! Miss I'm so adventurous and went rock climbing in high school.. She freaks at the difficult Wall and weakly climbs 2 feet and gives up. She's the life of the party this crazy adventurous gal who has threesomes. Yet she gets angry when she gets splashed by mud while off roading. She can barely give her husband a chaste peck without cringing and she seems very quiet and reserved. 

I enthusiastically agree with all of that except the last few words! I don't think Molly is particularly "quiet" (except when she's asked about sex) --and the only thing she seems socially reserved about is touching her own 'husband' of several weeks in any romantic way. (Yes, now she leans toward him sometimes, or holds his hand, or even gives him a peck on the lips. But it's always for show --for the cameras and to manipulate Jon, and it's clearly contrived.) And Poor Jon is afraid to even touch her, so...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
On March 28, 2018 at 8:35 AM, humbleopinion said:

Hope you didn't miss Molly's BIG concession to the marriage....she said it kinda quiet so you may have missed it.

Molly said she'd be willing to trim her gel nails back some so they can go fake rock climbing again in the future....

Hope that gave Jon a hard on and hope for his marriage... what more can Molly do to prove her continued tolerance of him?....

She could start with stop being a fuckin primadonna?

• Love 4
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think it's weird that he owns properties but rents an apartment with roommates. 

lol I DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT but it really is! Even if he needed roommates to make the mortgage, why wouldn't he just live there?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tara Ariano said:

lol I DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT but it really is! Even if he needed roommates to make the mortgage, why wouldn't he just live there?

Knowing him, he probably factored everything in and saw he could make more money renting somehow.  After this tabacle is over, he can sell Jackie's wedding ring and add it to his stash or beer money jar.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I know y'all think Molly is boring, but she had me dying this episode when she was patting herself on the back about what a great communicator she is.  She has to be one of the worst communicators I have ever seen in my entire life.  Condescension is never helpful, Molly.  Just because you talk slowly and clearly enough so that Jon can identify the individual words you use (cough hint Ryan) does not mean that you are doing a good job communicating and compromising with your husband.  What a twit.

She is a good communicator...she tells he husband what to do, when to do it and if he's really lucky he gets a half hearted kiss on his lips. I blame Jon at this point...he should broom her.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She is a good communicator...she tells he husband what to do, when to do it and if he's really lucky he gets a half hearted kiss on his lips. I blame Jon at this point...he should broom her.

I don't blame Jon. He gave up his (high paying stock trader) job, and then his apartment, for this. He might as well stick out the last few weeks, keeping his mouth shut, doing what she tells him to, and not touching the bitch unless she initiates the contact. 

I will blame him, for uber-stupidity, if he doesn't choose "divorce" on Decision Day!!

• Love 5

I see a lot of posts blaming the so called experts for who they choose but I don't blame them. First is there really such a thing as an expert who can predict who will be a happily married couple? Do they have a track record of successful marriages they put together? Of course not, its absurd to think they are any experts at marrying two people. I'm sure they have degrees but no one is an expert at marrying strangers. Secondly I'm sure the participants aren't totally truthful. For some of the participants its not married at first sight its married upon approval (see Molly) though I'm sure they swear up and down they really want to be married and work on a marriage that is until they are married (See Ryan). They're not going to tell the experts oh yeah I have a drinking problem too. They track record of married is abysmal, I believe only 4 couples have remained married after 6 seasons. Marriage is much harder than most people think and even harder when you have 1. A built in excuse (I didn't pick my spouse) 2. An artificial deadline to decide (for the sake of drama). Unless the union was an absolute disaster with no hope for the future I'd want to stay married and see if it can be fixed. Lastly I don't think there are any surprises on the day they make their decision I can't imagine not discussion my decision prior to decision day. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

see a lot of posts blaming the so called experts for who they choose but I don't blame them. First is there really such a thing as an expert who can predict who will be a happily married couple?

The main issue with the experts is not that they matched people the way they did it's that the select these people. The only two people on this show who don't scream not ready for marriage are Jon and Shawniece.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I don't blame Jon. He gave up his (high paying stock trader) job, and then his apartment, for this. He might as well stick out the last few weeks, keeping his mouth shut, doing what she tells him to, and not touching the bitch unless she initiates the contact. 

I will blame him, for uber-stupidity, if he doesn't choose "divorce" on Decision Day!!

It won't matter she's going to drop him like a bad habit. Her talk about being together and working things out and being wonderful friends is BS. Its disgusting that he shares a bed with her...what for? If she only wants to date then date get your own place and what the hell date other woman too. I bet she has a jealous streak. I saw a scene from next week where he blows up and says he's tired of all the rejection and being stuck in a marriage the great communicator (Molly) responds your not stuck! Most brilliant thing she's said so far. Don't walk Jon run!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The main issue with the experts is not that they matched people the way they did it's that the select these people. The only two people on this show who don't scream not ready for marriage are Jon and Shawniece.

I think Jaclyn was ready too...I agree Jon should get her number when this fiasco is over. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think Jaclyn was ready too...I agree Jon should get her number when this fiasco is over. 

Less than 18 months after losing the person that she imagined spending the rest of her lifr with is not really a good match for this show.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

First is there really such a thing as an expert who can predict who will be a happily married couple?

But ... Dr. Pepper's tried and true refrigerator snooping!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

At this point, why would he even want her?  It's not all about that she doesn't want sex, it's her demeanor that stinks.  Jon could never be himself ever again IF he stays married to Molly.  He's probably being a gentleman and waiting it out until decision day.  I just realized that Molly is really immature like a spoiled little girl who always has to have her way because she is sooo pretty.  She wants what she wants and that's it.  Jon can't even laugh out loud as she doesn't like it.  To tell the truth, him being so nice and accommodating and treating her good would be a turn on for many women.  I'm surprised she didn't soften up and have sex with him before decision day.  She might miss out on a great opportunity here.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

At this point, why would he [Jon] even want her?  It's not all about that she doesn't want sex, it's her demeanor that stinks.  Jon could never be himself ever again.  

I think Jon was initially rather dazzled by Molly's skinny blonde prettiness (even though she's not a redhead). And yes, I still think he was rather easily manipulated by her because she's pretty --most men like to 'win over' attractive women. It wouldn't exactly be the first time a man became a bit obsessed while pursuing an attractive, manipulative woman that teases him sexually but won't 'give in'!! [Besides, they were legally married!!]

With Jon's military background, I'm sure he takes commitment very seriously. He committed himself to (at least) see this 'marriage' experiment through to Decision Day, and it would be out of character for him to quit early. 

As for: "Jon could never be himself again": I unfortunately agree. Molly has been cruelly hurtful to him, and there's no way he'll be quick to trust and commit himself the next time he's dating a woman.

• Love 4

I thought it was interesting that when Jackie mentioned that she wanted to do some serious travelling and Ryan didn't want to, Molly immediately piped up "DO IT or you'll never be truly happy." LOL. 

I think that Jackie's desire to live a gypsy lifestyle should have been put front and center.... it is not a common lifestyle for people getting into their 30s, and if not spending good portions of time travelling around is a deal breaker, she shouldn't have been matched with someone who wants stability. At first I thought it was just idle talk but she seems pretty serious about it. 

I am starting to wonder if the Jon/Molly story is contrived ..... like producers told them to make it a Jamie/Doug kind of story ... and by the way, I did not find the Jamie/Doug story to be cute, where the bride is physically turned off by the groom and makes it clear and then on her terms suddenly decides he's good enough for her. I always thought Doug didn't seem to have a backbone and just went along with whatever Jamie said and did. 

• Love 5

The saddest moment for me was when Jephte told Shawneice that he had never see role models for what marriage is/should be.  He said the only successful marriages he knew about where European-Americans and so he felt he could not relate to them.  Therefore, he looked to t.v. shows for what marriage would be like.  It really broke my heart that he wanted to be married after what he experienced growing up (taking care of his younger siblings) but only saw on television what marriage was about.  My heart really goes out to him and I hope that he and Shawniece make it for the long term.

• Love 22
On 3/28/2018 at 9:34 AM, discoprincess said:

Ryan's parents seemed nice. They seem to like Jac. Showing Ryan's baby pics (one of which Ryan denied was of him - really? As if he'd remember!) was sweet. I'll feel bad if/when Jac were to leave that family.

Eh, I actually felt I understood Ryan a whole lot better after seeing his parents.  They're Edith and Archie Bunker!  And now we know where Ryan gets his excellent command of the English language, too, especially after hearing his father say "youse".  Ugh.

Seriously, Ryan had to have learned his cave man attitudes towards relationships SOMEWHERE, and I felt like it was obvious that the apple didn't fall far from the tree in his case.  Jackie and her family seem light years more progressive than Ryan or his parents.

I don't know how old they are but they seem a little old to be his parents.  If he was only 29 when this was filmed I could see him having parents around my age (60) but they seem so much older to me.  Maybe they're a few years older but I still feel like we're dealing with a serious generational difference here.  Perhaps he was the baby of the family or they are just stuck in a time warp (or both!).

Edited by Yeah No
Trying to keep my tenses straight.
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

At this point, why would he even want her?  It's not all about that she doesn't want sex, it's her demeanor that stinks.  Jon could never be himself ever again IF he stays married to Molly.  He's probably being a gentleman and waiting it out until decision day.  I just realized that Molly is really immature like a spoiled little girl who always has to have her way because she is sooo pretty.  She wants what she wants and that's it.  Jon can't even laugh out loud as she doesn't like it.  To tell the truth, him being so nice and accommodating and treating her good would be a turn on for many women.  I'm surprised she didn't soften up and have sex with him before decision day.  She might miss out on a great opportunity here.

I agree with you 100%, but I think Jon is too good for her and is better off without her.  She reminds me of a woman I knew in high school.  She was also a tall thin blonde and knew the guys liked her.  It went to her head so she acted just like Molly like her shit didn't stink.  She kept holding out for better because she thought she was better than any of the guys that paid attention to her.  She was picky, picky and passed up some fantastic guys.  Well fast forward 40 years and she's still single and miserable that she never got married even though she admits she turned down 3 marriage proposals over the years and sabotaged many more relationships!!!  Only now she can't attract the men like she used to so she ended up kind of by default in a go-nowhere on-again-off-again relationship with an older guy that has money that isn't in love with her and doesn't want to marry her.  So Molly better wise up before she realizes her mistakes after it's too late!

• Love 6
On 3/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, Empress1 said:

Jon is a third-degree connection of mine on LinkedIn. He has a bachelor's of business administration from Suffolk University, an MBA from Bond University, and a master's of science in financial services from Suffolk University. I've heard of Suffolk University (it's in Boston) but not Bond University. He also lists his fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon, on his profile and he's been teaching scuba for almost 7 years - by far the longest job he's had outside of the military. The finance jobs are all less than a year; he was in the Army for four.

He's a 3rd degree connection of mine too.  I was in corporate finance in New England so it's not surprising.  Did you see his take at a short life history/lessons learned (also on LinkedIn)?  He didn't give anything away about the outcome of the show, but somehow after reading it I felt like it was a philosophical take on taking a chance that didn't work out.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-got-here-jonathan-francetic-mba-msf/

• Love 6
On 3/28/2018 at 1:36 PM, silverspoons said:

My take on Ryan's buddy saying you have been in relationships before: Ryan tells Jackie he has not been in a relationship for 9 years, I believe this statement. I bet this was the last regular date, bring home to mom , relationship he had right after high school by the time frame. Now he is not going to sit around the firehouse or go out with his buddies and not talk about women. He said he has been on dating apps but my guess is that they didn't go more then a few dates, hook ups but that is what he talked about with the guys. They were probably diasters because he was looking just for a hook up or looking for an instant wife without the work. 

He made such a BIG DEAL about the fact that Jackie seemed to be "still getting over" her dead former boyfriend, like it was evidence that she might not be sufficiently over it to pursue a new relationship when meanwhile the 800 pound gorilla in the room and huge honking red flag is that he hasn't even ever had a real committed relationship and he's already pushing 30!  From the hemming and hawing he's done and the fake way his friend said "you've been in relationships before", it's fairly obvious to me that he dated a bit in college but never had a real relationship, other than some dysfunctional fuck buddies that he managed to have a brief time with here and there.  And that doesn't count.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

He's a 3rd degree connection of mine too.  I was in corporate finance in New England so it's not surprising.  Did you see his take at a short life history/lessons learned (also on LinkedIn)?  He didn't give anything away about the outcome of the show, but somehow after reading it I felt like it was a philosophical take on taking a chance that didn't work out.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-got-here-jonathan-francetic-mba-msf/

I hadn't but I just read it now. His parents sound like they were pieces of work. Have they been on the show? It sounds like his parents' finances were wrecked by the drawn-out, messy divorce so they couldn't really afford to support him, yet they refused to let him get a job while he was in school, which ... what? (I'd have gotten a job anyway, which he did by joining the Army.)

The tone of that piece overall is "'tis better to try and fail than not to try," with a few exceptions - it sounds like the military and his time abroad were really good for him. I'm leaning toward "they're not together in real time," and if that's true I say good for him.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you 100%, but I think Jon is too good for her and is better off without her.  She reminds me of a woman I knew in high school.  She was also a tall thin blonde and knew the guys liked her.  It went to her head so she acted just like Molly like her shit didn't stink.  She kept holding out for better because she thought she was better than any of the guys that paid attention to her.  She was picky, picky and passed up some fantastic guys.  Well fast forward 40 years and she's still single and miserable that she never got married even though she admits she turned down 3 marriage proposals over the years and sabotaged many more relationships!!!  Only now she can't attract the men like she used to so she ended up kind of by default in a go-nowhere on-again-off-again relationship with an older guy that has money that isn't in love with her and doesn't want to marry her.  So Molly better wise up before she realizes her mistakes after it's too late!

Yes, and I agree with everything you said also.  It all makes sense.  I'm just surprised that Molly didn't try sex with him before they part, which it looks like they will.  After all, she did have a three some (Whatever and however that works) with someone in a bar who she just met.  Knowing how prissy she is, I can't understand how she did that, and then won't try sex with Jon who she knows for six weeks.  What's one more at this point?  Her "college years" has nothing to do with how she is now.  I know I'll get backlash from this, but that is my opinion.  I understand she married a stranger, but she had sex with a stranger the first night she saw him.  I just don't get her.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, and I agree with everything you said also.  It all makes sense.  I'm just surprised that Molly didn't try sex with him before they part, which it looks like they will.  After all, she did have a three some (Whatever and however that works) with someone in a bar who she just met.  Knowing how prissy she is, I can't understand how she did that, and then won't try sex with Jon who she knows for six weeks.  What's one more at this point?  Her "college years" has nothing to do with how she is now.  I know I'll get backlash from this, but that is my opinion.  I understand she married a stranger, but she had sex with a stranger the first night she saw him.  I just don't get her.

I think she doesn't want to have sex with Jon because it will only feel like more "pressure" on her to stay with him.  If she refuses sex she can tell herself it never really happened as a relationship anyway.  I think the situation in college happened after a LOT of alcohol was consumed (hah, know the name of THAT tune!) so it was probably at least somewhat out of character for her.  Plus she would be less "picky" if she thought it was just a one-night fling.  Of course, when she's sober and "thinking too much" (her words) she would probably talk herself out of Prince Charming if presented with him!

• Love 2

I am not even watching anymore, and I think it is mostly due to Ryan.  But the other couples are just boring me as well.  It is too bad because I've enjoyed this in the past.  Now I just get on here to see the snark!  

There casting of people continues to be off so it makes for a poor dynamic in terms of the show being interested. If Ryan was not someone who wanted to be on the show, he is going to continue to suck.  

17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

For me, I don't care if she doesn't have sex with him. If she doesn't want to have sex with him, she doesn't. That's fair. I've waited varying lengths to have sex with different men; I've gone on dates with men that I haven't slept with at all. What bugs me is that she keeps stringing him along with "things might change! Attraction might develop!" when, come on, that is clearly bullshit. If she doesn't want to have sex with him or feel romantically inclined towards him now, she isn't going to. Usually with men I've been seeing that I just wasn't that into, it took less than six weeks (particularly since Jon and Molly have spent every day together) for me to figure that out and cut them loose or vice-versa. Shawniece has said flat-out to Jephte "If you don't want to be here, we can call it quits." Molly just keeps hemming and hawing to try to make herself look better. (When is the blonde expert who isn't Dr. Pepper going to go off with her "I'm tired of your lies?" I bet $5 it's Molly she's speaking to.) 

Just now, ResourcefulOne said:

Remember that this is Jon's interpretation...it's not, necessarily, what actually happened. 

Interpretation of what? He's talking about facts from his own life. His parents had a long drawn-out divorce that wreaked havoc on him, as confirmed by therapists. They told him he wasn't allowed to work when he went to college (which, again, I would have just straight-up ignored - I've always liked making my own money, since I was 12 and babysitting. My parents would never have told me that anyway) but they didn't have their shit together to send him money with any sort of regularity. Either the money was in his account or it wasn't. He's estranged from his father (so I guess his father hasn't been on the show).  He talks about his time in the military, moving to Boston for a woman that he broke up with shortly after getting there, doing his MBA abroad ... these are all verifiable facts.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

For me, I don't care if she doesn't have sex with him. If she doesn't want to have sex with him, she doesn't. That's fair. I've waited varying lengths to have sex with different men; I've gone on dates with men that I haven't slept with at all. What bugs me is that she keeps stringing him along with "things might change! Attraction might develop!" when, come on, that is clearly bullshit. If she doesn't want to have sex with him or feel romantically inclined towards him now, she isn't going to. Usually with men I've been seeing that I just wasn't that into, it took less than six weeks (particularly since Jon and Molly have spent every day together) for me to figure that out and cut them loose or vice-versa. Shawniece has said flat-out to Jephte "If you don't want to be here, we can call it quits." Molly just keeps hemming and hawing to try to make herself look better. (When is the blonde expert who isn't Dr. Pepper going to go off with her "I'm tired of your lies?" I bet $5 it's Molly she's speaking to.) 

She keeps repeating that she and Jon think alike about almost everything like she's happy about that, but I think Molly thinks she and Jon are TOO much alike and it scares and turns her off because deep down she doesn't really like herself.  She's projecting all her worst qualities on him and reacting out of fear to her assumptions.  I can actually relate to that myself from my youth when dating.  I always loved meeting a guy that had everything in common with me but sometimes they seemed strangely intrigued but ultimately insecure and put off by it.  Thankfully my husband doesn't mind that we have a lot in common and think alike.  If she ever grows up she'll realize what a mistake she's making.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

What a horrible possibility!!  I honestly think Jon (who was definitely 'all-in' to the 'marriage' from the beginning!) has eventually resigned himself to the reality that Molly is just not into him. 

If she were to decide, just before Decision Day, to finally have sex with him --I don't know what the poor guy would do!  He would definitely be confused and conflicted, 
because they are legally married after all.

• Love 1

I just read Jon's LinkedIn story.  So, he had messed up parents?  Hasn't many of us?  My parents were very "old school" hardworking good people.  I wore my sister's hand me downs and never had a dime in my pocket until I worked summers in a factory at 16 while my friends were at the beach.  My mother was matched with my father and was never happy ..therefore us kids were never happy.  I was told I couldn't go to college as there was no money, so I became a secretary in the city.  There was no affection, hugging or kissing in my house, but I never held it against my parents.  They did the best they could at the time, and for that I was grateful.  I met the husband at work, got married, had kids and hug & kiss them and give them compliments all the time.  We sent them all to college and gave them the best we could.  I'm not complaining about my early years .. Parents struggle also.  Jon should have gotten a job during high school for money ... My kids always had jobs.  His father gave his opinion about the girl which I don't see as bad.  You can't blame parents for all your misfortunes in life.  He had his own mind.  When Jon has children, he might understand better.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I enthusiastically agree with all of that except the last few words! I don't think Molly is particularly "quiet" (except when she's asked about sex) --and the only thing she seems socially reserved about is touching her own 'husband' of several weeks in any romantic way. (Yes, now she leans toward him sometimes, or holds his hand, or even gives him a peck on the lips. But it's always for show --for the cameras and to manipulate Jon, and it's clearly contrived.) And Poor Jon is afraid to even touch her, so...

20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I see a lot of posts blaming the so called experts for who they choose but I don't blame them. First is there really such a thing as an expert who can predict who will be a happily married couple? Do they have a track record of successful marriages they put together? Of course not, its absurd to think they are any experts at marrying two people. I'm sure they have degrees but no one is an expert at marrying strangers. Secondly I'm sure the participants aren't totally truthful. For some of the participants its not married at first sight its married upon approval (see Molly) though I'm sure they swear up and down they really want to be married and work on a marriage that is until they are married (See Ryan). They're not going to tell the experts oh yeah I have a drinking problem too. They track record of married is abysmal, I believe only 4 couples have remained married after 6 seasons. Marriage is much harder than most people think and even harder when you have 1. A built in excuse (I didn't pick my spouse) 2. An artificial deadline to decide (for the sake of drama). Unless the union was an absolute disaster with no hope for the future I'd want to stay married and see if it can be fixed. Lastly I don't think there are any surprises on the day they make their decision I can't imagine not discussion my decision prior to decision day. 

20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It won't matter she's going to drop him like a bad habit. Her talk about being together and working things out and being wonderful friends is BS. Its disgusting that he shares a bed with her...what for? If she only wants to date then date get your own place and what the hell date other woman too. I bet she has a jealous streak. I saw a scene from next week where he blows up and says he's tired of all the rejection and being stuck in a marriage the great communicator (Molly) responds your not stuck! Most brilliant thing she's said so far. Don't walk Jon run!

19 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The saddest moment for me was when Jephte told Shawneice that he had never see role models for what marriage is/should be.  He said the only successful marriages he knew about where European-Americans and so he felt he could not relate to them.  Therefore, he looked to t.v. shows for what marriage would be like.  It really broke my heart that he wanted to be married after what he experienced growing up (taking care of his younger siblings) but only saw on television what marriage was about.  My heart really goes out to him and I hope that he and Shawniece make it for the long term.

34 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Interpretation of what? He's talking about facts from his own life. His parents had a long drawn-out divorce that wreaked havoc on him, as confirmed by therapists. They told him he wasn't allowed to work when he went to college (which, again, I would have just straight-up ignored - I've always liked making my own money, since I was 12 and babysitting. My parents would never have told me that anyway) but they didn't have their shit together to send him money with any sort of regularity. Either the money was in his account or it wasn't. He's estranged from his father (so I guess his father hasn't been on the show).  He talks about his time in the military, moving to Boston for a woman that he broke up with shortly after getting there, doing his MBA abroad ... these are all verifiable facts.

I am going to spoiler tag this though technically it is not a spoiler

Spoiler

If you go to the spoiler and speculation thread there might be some info that makes Jon and Molly make more sense. However, it has not been confirmed on the show yet, so it may not be true.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, Empress1 said:

Well, watching someone job-hunt would be really boring (just like it would be boring to watch someone with an office job at work). He’s probably just sitting home sending out resumes, you know? And if he IS going on interviews, those can’t be filmed (although I agree that he would mention that to Molly because it’s progress).

Me too. Ryan is clearly not the kind of person who likes to live alone - him having roommates doesn’t surprise me at all. But why not live in one of the places he owns?

I have no judgement about whether Jon should/shouldn't be looking and I don't want to watch him do it necessarily. I just thought mentioning it on the actual show might give the relationship more context than just having him comment or complain about the lack of sex. It would also seem realistic that the topic would come up with a married couple. 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:31 PM, silverspoons said:

Jon brought up that he was still unemployed on the unfiltered segments with Jamie. Unfiltered is taped after the season? so I guess he was unemployed the whole 8 weeks. I think Jon does not seem being unemployed as anything bad. He has traveled, gone back to school, and gotten jobs in between. Molly might see this as a big deal , I know I would. I probably would be seen as horrible but during my husband's big career move, I had him work 2 full time jobs , I did not let him quit his first job till I knew his new job would work out. I hope Molly and Jon  have had lots of talks off camera about his time frame for work and his financial situation. I really think this has to be her bigger issue then attraction. 

While I agree with others that Ryan likes to be around others, he may be renting out the properties because it is the best financial situation. My husband when he was single built (himself) a family suburban home. He lived in it for a short time, but who wants to pay utlities on a huge house as a single guy and live in a neighborhood with  a ton of kids near schools? My husband also had a 45 minute work commute. He rented out the house for good money and rented an apartment with a friend 5 minutes from his work in a more single friendly area. Boston area rentals especially if in the right school district can go for crazy high rents. Lets hope Ryan is doing something right and making good money for his future. 

I can't take Jamie and the staged feeling of Unfiltered so, I don't watch it. But, I appreciate the update.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It's on TV.  That's the difference.  She'd rather get on TV and reject Jon, thereby establishing herself to viewers as better - hopefully raising her market value in Boston.  It's a bold strategy that rarely works.

Her "college years" has nothing to do with how she is now.

Molly gets sexual when she's loaded or in the "spring break" mentality.  In normal time, a girl might think she's being wild and crazy by giving her number to a guy she meets at a bar when she's at happy hour with her work friends.  In Spring Break time, wild and crazy takes on a whole new meaning.  It's a trip to a beach or, heaven help her, a chance meeting with Jack in Vegas and a night of debauchery she's ashamed to talk about.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

It's on TV.  That's the difference.  She'd rather get on TV and reject Jon, thereby establishing herself to viewers as better - hopefully raising her market value in Boston.  It's a bold strategy that rarely works.

Molly gets sexual when she's loaded or in the "spring break" mentality.  In normal time, a girl might think she's being wild and crazy by giving her number to a guy she meets at a bar when she's at happy hour with her work friends.  In Spring Break time, wild and crazy takes on a whole new meaning.  It's a trip to a beach or, heaven help her, a chance meeting with Jack in Vegas and a night of debauchery she's ashamed to talk about.

Dammit Jack.  You mean to say I missed a night of debauchery because I missed going to spring break? I'm really pissed now.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It seems like your comparing dating men with this situation which is being married at first sight. Its a hope in dating it might lead to intimacy and a close relationship its an expectation in marriage. If she wanted marriage upon approval why put your application in for the show? This is a leap of faith and if you're going to test the marriage then all aspects of marriage should be tested including intimacy.   Why not use dating sites where at least you can check out the man if looks and appeal are your main concern?

I just hate seeing what seems like a decent sincere man being pulled around by his nose by a person who obviously isn't going to stay married. He's going to endure a loss of job, loss of a marriage and not even get have sex...

• Love 5
On 3/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Jon is going to say goodbye to Molly and she's going to be surprised.  She really thinks she's the prize.

Surprise And Goodbye Molly!

I find Shawnice and Jaclyn to be far more attractive because its not just about looks (though both are very attractive) its about attitude, character and personality. The booby prize maybe...

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It seems like your comparing dating men with this situation which is being married at first sight. Its a hope in dating it might lead to intimacy and a close relationship its an expectation in marriage. If she wanted marriage upon approval why put your application in for the show? This is a leap of faith and if you're going to test the marriage then all aspects of marriage should be tested including intimacy.   Why not use dating sites where at least you can check out the man if looks and appeal are your main concern?

I just hate seeing what seems like a decent sincere man being pulled around by his nose by a person who obviously isn't going to stay married. He's going to endure a loss of job, loss of a marriage and not even get have sex...

That's right.  MARRIED at first sight means everything goes and they should all be told exactly that.  That's the chance they take, not the "get to know" a person first.  In that case, they shouldn't apply.  You are right.  They started a new show "Love at First Flight" with the concept that they meet, go cross country together for 1 month and THEN DECIDE whether they want to get married.  The few couples that did stay married on this show were a fluke .. They just happened to like each other.  I myself, would know in 1 minute whether I would be interested in a guy or not.  Like I said before, I don't know why Jon is sticking around for a girl like Molly and making an ass out of himself.  I would tell her where to go.

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That's right.  MARRIED at first sight means everything goes and they should all be told exactly that.  That's the chance they take, not the "get to know" a person first.  In that case, they shouldn't apply.  You are right.  They started a new show "Love at First Flight" with the concept that they meet, go cross country together for 1 month and THEN DECIDE whether they want to get married.  The few couples that did stay married on this show were a fluke .. They just happened to like each other.  I myself, would know in 1 minute whether I would be interested in a guy or not.  Like I said before, I don't know why Jon is sticking around for a girl like Molly and making an ass out of himself.  I would tell her where to go.

According to rumors - Cortney and Jason and Anthony and my sweet Ashley already knew each other before the show.

The only reason Jamie and Doug are together is because she wants to stay on TV.

• Love 2

I know this show has been over, but I pray that Molly said Yes first, and Jon said no last.  That's all.   Ryan, we know will be dumped and Shawnice & Jepthe, I just don't have a clue.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

No one is owed sex. However, I DO think a conversation about sex, or lack of it, needs to happen in relationships. If I were married and my husband were like, "So I'm done having sex altogether, cool?" I'd be like, "well, no, it's not cool, I probably have another 50 years left to live, I haven't hit my sexual peak yet, and I don't want to spend them sexless, so we need to have some serious talks."

If Molly doesn't want to have sex with Jon - that's up to her. I would think it was really fucking gross if the show, like, required them to have sex somehow. I've met plenty of people where I've immediately thought "Absolutely not" when it comes to wanting any kind of romance or intimacy with them, and if that's where Molly is, that's where she is. You can't help that. My issue is that she's disingenuous about it - she talks about how hot his broad back is and how good he looks in a suit and then in the next breath says she's hoping for intimacy to grow. I would have much more respect for her if she said, "Look, I tried, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm sorry. What should we do?" I commend Heather from a few seasons ago for being like "NOPE" a week in when she realized it wasn't going to work.

This is why I laughed when Molly said she was a good communicator. She's either completely making up her TV persona or she's startlingly un-self-aware.

• Love 5