Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

According to rumors - Cortney and Jason and Anthony and my sweet Ashley already knew each other before the show.

The only reason Jamie and Doug are together is because she wants to stay on TV.

Maybe Jamie will go to acting school as she's just sooo good on t.v.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

No one is owed sex. However, I DO think a conversation about sex, or lack of it, needs to happen in relationships. If I were married and my husband were like, "So I'm done having sex altogether, cool?" I'd be like, "well, no, it's not cool, I probably have another 50 years left to live, I haven't hit my sexual peak yet, and I don't want to spend them sexless, so we need to have some serious talks."

If Molly doesn't want to have sex with Jon - that's up to her. I would think it was really fucking gross if the show, like, required them to have sex somehow. I've met plenty of people where I've immediately thought "Absolutely not" when it comes to wanting any kind of romance or intimacy with them, and if that's where Molly is, that's where she is. You can't help that. My issue is that she's disingenuous about it - she talks about how hot his broad back is and how good he looks in a suit and then in the next breath says she's hoping for intimacy to grow. I would have much more respect for her if she said, "Look, I tried, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm sorry. What should we do?" I commend Heather from a few seasons ago for being like "NOPE" a week in when she realized it wasn't going to work.

This is why I laughed when Molly said she was a good communicator. She's either completely making up her TV persona or she's startlingly un-self-aware.

I don't mean to sound like a patriarchal man who thinks men (or women) have a right to a sexual relationship even in a marriage. However, it is a rightful expectations of both partners barring illness. Its also just damn hurtful to be rejected over and over and she's not even willing to be naked in front of her husband is just flat out hateful. If she's not obligated to the expectations (not unalienable right) then either is he. Why is he sleeping with her? He should get a skin mag and pleasure himself in front of her if he's willing to sleep with her. If she doesn't like it she can leave or take care of her man. Geez I really loathe that woman! 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

According to rumors - Cortney and Jason and Anthony and my sweet Ashley already knew each other before the show.

That's always been my theory on the 'successes'.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That's right.  MARRIED at first sight means everything goes and they should all be told exactly that.  That's the chance they take, not the "get to know" a person first.  In that case, they shouldn't apply.  You are right.  They started a new show "Love at First Flight" with the concept that they meet, go cross country together for 1 month and THEN DECIDE whether they want to get married.  The few couples that did stay married on this show were a fluke .. They just happened to like each other.  I myself, would know in 1 minute whether I would be interested in a guy or not.  Like I said before, I don't know why Jon is sticking around for a girl like Molly and making an ass out of himself.  I would tell her where to go.

They probably signed up for the eight weeks and would lose $$$ if they leave earlier.  I think Jon's counting the days.

I think there is something wrong with Molly.  Frigid..gay...has a boyfriend?  Something.

Those two are just playing the game.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't mean to sound like a patriarchal man who thinks men (or women) have a right to a sexual relationship even in a marriage. However, it is a rightful expectations of both partners barring illness. Its also just damn hurtful to be rejected over and over and she's not even willing to be naked in front of her husband is just flat out hateful. If she's not obligated to the expectations (not unalienable right) then either is he. Why is he sleeping with her? He should get a skin mag and pleasure himself in front of her if he's willing to sleep with her. If she doesn't like it she can leave or take care of her man. Geez I really loathe that woman! 

I don't think he's sleeping with her.  After filming, he probably goes wherever.  One thing I remember vividly.  When the husband and I went to the precana conference before getting married, the priest said we both should never refuse sex, unless of sickness, etc..   Well, of course I didn't listen to that.  But, that's what he said for everyone's information.  Just saying.   I mean no sex after a huge fight.  But then, some people love makeup sex, so to each his own.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

He said the only successful marriages he knew about where European-Americans and so he felt he could not relate to them. 

He actually said "white people," as they were depicted on TV.  I think in a lot of ways he's just not been exposed to much in terms of marriage/relationships because his family consisted of two parents who were not married, a father who openly said he didn't want to be married, and a whole lot of kids who helped to raise one another.

Ryan is just an A-1 jerk. Not much more to be said about that. But his true colors sure came out this episode.  Basically, he believes his wife had better respect him, dammit, or that's the end of the marriage.  He ain't gonna change his ways, and there's no one who will make him, dammit.  He needs an out and can't let down his roommates, dammit. He's awful.  Every week he talks more shit, talks faster, talks over people more, and sounds more like a selfish moron. And he's kind of stupid.  How many times has he said, "Me 'n' Jackie are going to my parents'" or "me 'n' Jackie are working on our relationship." And as others have said, he spouts all the Hallmark drivel when he's in his talking heads ("I'm into this 100% and will do whatever it takes to make it work," blah, blah) but his actions totally belie what he says.  He probably doesn't even understand what he's saying.

I too am starting to like Jon more. I just wish he'd find a deodorant that works. The giant pit puddles are so off-putting.  Molly has said at least a dozen times, "I'm totally into making this work," but she is as chilly as can be.  

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, KateHearts said:

He actually said "white people," as they were depicted on TV.  I think in a lot of ways he's just not been exposed to much in terms of marriage/relationships because his family consisted of two parents who were not married, a father who openly said he didn't want to be married, and a whole lot of kids who helped to raise one another.

Ryan is just an A-1 jerk. Not much more to be said about that. But his true colors sure came out this episode.  Basically, he believes his wife had better respect him, dammit, or that's the end of the marriage.  He ain't gonna change his ways, and there's no one who will make him, dammit.  He needs an out and can't let down his roommates, dammit. He's awful.  Every week he talks more shit, talks faster, talks over people more, and sounds more like a selfish moron.

I too am starting to like Jon more. I just wish he'd find a deodorant that works. The giant pit puddles are so off-putting. 

They really are. I sympathize- he’s a big guy, it’s hot, I swear my fair share myself (maybe more), but pit stains aren’t nice to look at.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

They really are. I sympathize- he’s a big guy, it’s hot, I swear my fair share myself (maybe more), but pit stains aren’t nice to look at.

I thought they came out with some new product for that.  Yes...no?

7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I always loved meeting a guy that had everything in common with me but sometimes they seemed strangely intrigued but ultimately insecure and put off by it.

Reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry dates Jeanine Garafalo's character who likes everything that he does...and eventually he breaks up with her because it freaks him out.

• Love 2

I don't recall her ever saying exactly what she doesn't find appealing about Jon. On the first show she said it was important to her to be with someone who was in top physical shape like she is. I don't think she'd hesitate for a moment to say if he stinks. She tolerates him as a friend only on a very tight leash. 

I have no idea why Molly is totally disinterested in Jon... Could be a million different things. I never had a threesome in college but with the majority of men I've dated and the one I married I wasn't immediately attracted to them but grew to like their looks as if they became more attractive to me as I got to know them. For some reason Jon became less attractive in Molly's eyes after she got to know him. Couid be the lack of employment, the immaturity he tries to hide or the mean streak he may have (the comment about the stranger she screwed was uncalled for) I know Jon is frustrated but Molly certainly doesn't owe him sex and If he was too pushy or acts like that's all he wants from her I can see that being a huge turn off. I remember meeting an old friend of my boyfriends when we went on vacation. I'm normally a quiet person who is introverted in social situations. I am nice and polite and friendly but I don't reveal much about myself when I meet people. That day I felt I was talkative and I asked his friend questions about himself, I talked to his girlfriend, I laughed with everyone and I made them laugh. It was exhausting to be "on" all evening but I was glad that his friend and the girlfriend seemed nice. Later my boyfriend told me his friend commented that I am so quiet and asked if I ever spoke. It really upset me, I'm no life of the party and I'm not a comedian but I felt I was  talkative and I instantly decided his friend was a jerk  and thought he was rude. I wasn't mute I felt I had included myself in the conversations even when they talked about the old days that  I wasn't around for. I can see Molly who has a high opinion of herself becoming upset by Jon even jokingly saying she's not adventurous or even by saying he has a thing for redheads because she wants him to think  she's the hottest thing around. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 3

On my likability scale Molly gets about a 2.  Jon gets about a 6 or 7.  Even if he's not always perfect he still comes out looking far better than she does in my eyes.

This season I think I find Shawniece the most likable at around an 8.  Jephte is somewhere in the middle.  Least likable is Ryan at about a -10!

• Love 7

I have no idea why Molly is totally disinterested in Job.. Could be a million different things. I never had a threesome in college but with the majority of men I've dated or the one I married I wasn't immediately attracted to them but grew to like their looks as if they became more attractive to me as I got to know them. For some reason Jon became less attractive in Molly's eyes after she got to know him. Couid be the lack of employment, the immaturity he tries to hide or the mean streak he may have (the comment about the stranger she screwed was uncalled for) I know Jon is frustrated but Molly certainly doesn't owe him sex and If he was too pushy or acts like that's all he wants from her I can see that being a huge turn off. I remember meeting an old friend of my boyfriends when we went on vacation. I'm normally a quiet person who is introverted in social situations. I am nice and polite and friendly but I don't reveal much about myself when I meet people. That day I felt I was talkative and I asked his friend questions about himself, I talked to his girlfriend, I laughed with everyone and I made them laugh. It was exhausting to be "on" all evening but I was glad that his friend and the girlfriend seemed nice. Later my boyfriend told me his friend commented that I am so quiet and asked if I ever spoke. It really upset me, I'm no life of the party and I'm not a comedian but I felt I was  talkative and I instantly decided his friend was a jerk  and thought he was rude. I wasn't mute I felt I had included myself in the conversations even when they talked about the old days that  I wasn't around for. I can see Molly who has a high opinion of herself becoming upset by Jon even jokingly saying she's not adventurous or even by saying he has a thing for redheads because she wants him to think  she's the hottest thing around. 

I may be in the minority, but I do not think Molly is all that attractive (shallow behavior on my part, I know). In fact, every time she is on screen, I can't help but think she looks a little bit like Polly Purebred from Underdog. Something about the nose.

Free Jon.

• Love 14

It seems obvious that Molly = Heather insofar as not being at all attracted to their spouses. But at least viewers knew Heather's reasons and she had enough personal integrity to stand up to the producers and call it quits rather than pretend for several more weeks. Molly refuses to be honest with Jon, the show, or the viewers and is heading towards Samantha levels of disgust. She seems to think that putting on a front of politeness will make her come off better in the public eye, when it actually does just the opposite.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, 2727 said:

It seems obvious that Molly = Heather insofar as not being at all attracted to their spouses. But at least viewers knew Heather's reasons and she had enough personal integrity to stand up to the producers and call it quits rather than pretend for several more weeks. Molly refuses to be honest with Jon, the show, or the viewers and is heading towards Samantha levels of disgust. She seems to think that putting on a front of politeness will make her come off better in the public eye, when it actually does just the opposite.

Wow, I couldn't have explained it better.  She did say in the beginning how her Mother had to sell the house and they are probably struggling with the finances.   Maybe she's holding on to collect the money to help the family as they are such a close family?   People are coming on this show for different reasons.  Some want exposure, some to hawk their products, etc.. And, the show chooses people for drama.  Maybe a small percent to find love.  I don't know why Ryan came on .. He doesn't want a ball & chain, he has a million jobs, he has money and he's already married to his buddies.  Maybe he just wanted a baby making machine to carry on his name who shuts her mouth and is there for sex when he wants it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, PerfectlyObvious said:

I may be in the minority, but I do not think Molly is all that attractive (shallow behavior on my part, I know). In fact, every time she is on screen, I can't help but think she looks a little bit like Polly Purebred from Underdog. Something about the nose.

Free Jon.

I don't think you are in the minority. I think she's considered attractive because she's rail thin and blonde and blue eyed. I don't find her all that pretty because she has horrible skin and her hair is just kind of lifeless. I just think Molly is, used to being considered the beautiful one. I think Jackie is cute but not beautiful and I find Shawniece gorgeous. I'm a straight female so I'm sure men would rate them differently. 

In some areas all it takes is to be thin and blonde to be considered attractive. My kids have the same parents however one is blonde and blue eyed and the other has brown hair and brown eyes. They are both thin and have basically the same physical features. However the child with blonde hair and blue eyes gets more attention from teachers  compliments from strangers etc because he's considered " cuter". 

• Love 7

IMO,  Molly will never be sexually attracted to Jon.  Why? Because there's no coming back from once thinking a man acts like a "12-year-old" with an off-putting laugh.

And if Jon is human, he resents Molly for how he is now (in TV "now") suppressing his joie de vivre. Maybe that's why the passive-aggressive "redheads" comment (notice Molly then showed Jon that he can be rejected by a "redhead," too.) Don't assume his remark about "preference" will ever be forgotten by her. Not when her blonde hair is a source of pride. 

I don't like Jephte. Call me crazy,  but I don't think he is attractive (something about his complexion). And I don't care for his dead-pan little gotchas followed by "Kidding!" I think his initial rejections of and reactions to Shawniece were cruel and the current affection suspect.  Finally, I haven't gotten  a "teacher" vibe from Jephte; where is the patience, e. g.?

As for Ryan,  well,  I'm thinking he feels owed a "Molly" more than a "Jackie." He works and plays HARD,  you guys, and thus merits a blonde LOOKER! Jon doesn't even have a JOB,  FGS! Heh. 

So,  IMHO, Jon should ditch the Ice Queen; Jackie should jettison her Manly Masculine Man-boy; and Shawniece, well, I don't get it,  but she says she's in love,  so I suppose she should keep her Temperamental Teacher. 

But if the others are asked first,  I would  expect Molly to ask for a divorce;  Ryan to want to stay married ("Failure is not an option" with his self-image); and Jephte to want to continue being idolized, I mean, married. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, kira28 said:

In some areas all it takes is to be thin and blonde to be considered attractive. My kids have the same parents however one is blonde and blue eyed and the other has brown hair and brown eyes. They are both thin and have basically the same physical features. However the child with blonde hair and blue eyes gets more attention from teachers  compliments from strangers etc because he's considered " cuter". 

I think that's probably true in most areas in the US.  I was a short and pretty brunette but in high school the tall and blonde girls got all the attention, never mind if their face would stop a clock!  It always pissed me off.  Same thing in young adulthood when single men were around - Whenever there was a tall blonde around I might as well have been invisible!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

I always thought this too.  Cortney and Jason seemed way too at ease with one another especially considering how they were from opposite places, Cortney being from NC and Jason having very strong ties to the New Yorker/firefighter culture just seemed like a recipe for extreme conflict. 

I'm not mad that cast knew each other before the show.

They weren't dating each other when applying.

The producers still put them in the sausage grinder and came out matched and chosen for the show.

No cast will be as bad as Season 2.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

He actually said "white people," as they were depicted on TV. 

I purposefully did not use a direct quote as if I am referring to some ethnic and racial groups by a hypenated title, I will do so for all demographic groupings.  Conversely I don't use a 'color' reference for some and not others.  Therefore I paraphrased his statement (hence no quotation marks) to have a consistent representation of demographic groups).  If I am referencing some people as African-Americans I will then use the phrasing of European-Americans for others (and Asian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc.).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I purposefully did not use a direct quote as if I am referring to some ethnic and racial groups by a hypenated title, I will do so for all demographic groupings.  Conversely I don't use a 'color' reference for some and not others.  Therefore I paraphrased his statement (hence no quotation marks) to have a consistent representation of demographic groups).  If I am referencing some people as African-Americans I will then use the phrasing of European-Americans for others (and Asian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc.).

I appreciate your viewpoint. Besides, "white people" aren't really white, and "black people" aren't really black -- any more than "red people" are really red, or "yellow people" are really yellow. Those designations are antiquated and generally considered offensive.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2018 at 8:02 AM, Empress1 said:

I hadn't but I just read it now. His parents sound like they were pieces of work. Have they been on the show? It sounds like his parents' finances were wrecked by the drawn-out, messy divorce so they couldn't really afford to support him, yet they refused to let him get a job while he was in school, which ... what? (I'd have gotten a job anyway, which he did by joining the Army.)

The tone of that piece overall is "'tis better to try and fail than not to try," with a few exceptions - it sounds like the military and his time abroad were really good for him. I'm leaning toward "they're not together in real time," and if that's true I say good for him.

After reading this, I understand why Jon is sticking it out with Molly. He’s putting in the hard yards so he can come out with a clear mind.  It also makes me realize that Jon needs someone like Jaclyn to really fit in with his life.

23 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I just read Jon's LinkedIn story.  So, he had messed up parents?  Hasn't many of us?  My parents were very "old school" hardworking good people.  I wore my sister's hand me downs and never had a dime in my pocket until I worked summers in a factory at 16 while my friends were at the beach.  My mother was matched with my father and was never happy ..therefore us kids were never happy.  I was told I couldn't go to college as there was no money, so I became a secretary in the city.  There was no affection, hugging or kissing in my house, but I never held it against my parents.  They did the best they could at the time, and for that I was grateful.  I met the husband at work, got married, had kids and hug & kiss them and give them compliments all the time.  We sent them all to college and gave them the best we could.  I'm not complaining about my early years .. Parents struggle also.  Jon should have gotten a job during high school for money ... My kids always had jobs.  His father gave his opinion about the girl which I don't see as bad.  You can't blame parents for all your misfortunes in life.  He had his own mind.  When Jon has children, he might understand better.

I did not get the feeling Jon was blaming his parents for his life.  It seems to me Jon is very satisfied with his life and his accomplishments.  I had objectively horrible irresponsible parents (particularly my father who had custody)  That is just a fact.  Saying this isn’t blaming them for my life because I think I’ve done well.  Relationships with parents are complex and really should t be judged from afar.

16 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I understand that the A/C can’t run during filming because it messes with the sound, and filming lights are hot.  In fact I never noticed Jon was sweating. 

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think that's probably true in most areas in the US.  I was a short and pretty brunette but in high school the tall and blonde girls got all the attention, never mind if their face would stop a clock!  It always pissed me off.  Same thing in young adulthood when single men were around - Whenever there was a tall blonde around I might as well have been invisible!

All this tall blond stuff is getting to me.  When I was young, I was 5’7”, slender, and naturally blond.   I never got much male attention.  The most sought after girls were shorter with brown or dark brown hair and darker eyes.  I think they were also prettier than I was.  I never think of Molly as “blond” because she colors her hair.  I do think she is pretty, but I think she is insecure about her looks and that is why she pays so much attention to them.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

After reading this, I understand why Jon is sticking it out with Molly. He’s putting in the hard yards so he can come out with a clear mind.  It also makes me realize that Jon needs someone like Jaclyn to really fit in with his life.

I did not get the feeling Jon was blaming his parents for his life.  It seems to me Jon is very satisfied with his life and his accomplishments.  I had objectively horrible irresponsible parents (particularly my father who had custody)  That is just a fact.  Saying this isn’t blaming them for my life because I think I’ve done well.  Relationships with parents are complex and really should t be judged from afar.

I understand that the A/C can’t run during filming because it messes with the sound, and filming lights are hot.  In fact I never noticed Jon was sweating. 

All this tall blond stuff is getting to me.  When I was young, I was 5’7”, slender, and naturally blond.   I never got much male attention.  The most sought after girls were shorter with brown or dark brown hair and darker eyes.  I think they were also prettier than I was.  I never think of Molly as “blond” because she colors her hair.  I do think she is pretty, but I think she is insecure about her looks and that is why she pays so much attention to them.

Jon is satisfied with his life now, but wasn't satisfied with they way he was treated as a teen so it seems.  He mentioned no money and his father blaming him for not talking to the girl, and the divorce took a toll on him obviously.  He cut his father out of his life now so he's still not over their decisions concerning him.   He even went to therapists over his home life.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2018 at 10:43 AM, Gem 10 said:

Yes, and I agree with everything you said also.  It all makes sense.  I'm just surprised that Molly didn't try sex with him before they part, which it looks like they will.  After all, she did have a three some (Whatever and however that works) with someone in a bar who she just met.  Knowing how prissy she is, I can't understand how she did that, and then won't try sex with Jon who she knows for six weeks.  What's one more at this point?  Her "college years" has nothing to do with how she is now.  I know I'll get backlash from this, but that is my opinion.  I understand she married a stranger, but she had sex with a stranger the first night she saw him.  I just don't get her.

Do we know that she actually did this?  As far as I know, she told the show producers that she and a friend told a guy they would.  Did it ever go any farther than that?  Did that conversation even ever take place?

• Love 1

I've always heard from woman who are naturally very attractive (regardless of hair color) that guys are often intimidated that they are out of their league or they don't want to be with a woman who gets too much attention from other men so they seek woman perhaps not quite as attractive but they feel more at ease with. For me personally no matter how pretty, shapely and attractive she is it can't over come her narcissistic personality. A clip from next weeks show reveals much where she tells Jon he's not stuck in a relationship with her. Take that advice! But I think he's going to wait to get egg on his face. Since its obvious she is going to decline they will make him answer first for more drama... 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Finally, I haven't gotten  a "teacher" vibe from Jephte; where is the patience, e. g.?

I don't get a teacher vibe from him, especially not a 2nd grade teacher vibe. Way too quiet, seems to be the mumbly/grumbly type, not smiley. My friends who are teachers tend to be bubbly. Unless he is a bubbly teacher and he shuts off that personality the moment he walks out of the classroom like a water faucet. 

• Love 6

Just for the record I think the most beautiful woman on MAFS was Sonia from season 4. Beautiful eyes, lovely complexion knock out smile and a warm friendly personality. I knew Nick was going to blow it with her but he will never do better.

Heather (of season 4) was another applicant who didn't understand married at first sight. One could argue she did Derek a favor if somehow she knew it had no chance of working...but then she didn't give it a chance either. It was like she got drunk and couldn't believe what she woke up next to in bed. If anyone deserves a second chance its Derek since he never got a first chance.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Jon is satisfied with his life now, but wasn't satisfied with they way he was treated as a teen so it seems.  He mentioned no money and his father blaming him for not talking to the girl, and the divorce took a toll on him obviously.  He cut his father out of his life now so he's still not over their decisions concerning him.   He even went to therapists over his home life.

I understood that, and I can relate.  Sometimes when a person is so toxic, you can’t have him in your life.  I dont’t know Jon’s issues with his father, so I can’t judge.   I do know that resentments about parents can foster anger with others that is not warranted.  I hope that is not the case with him.  My point was that in his article, he didn’t seem to be blaming his parents for his life decisions and not that he didn’t have issues with is parents.

• Love 5

I don’t think Molly is particularly attractive but she has the “trappings” of what society seems to consider beauty.  She always fastidiously groomed with her hair, makeup and nails done not to mention her tan. She’s thin and knows how to dress.  

BUT! Take that away and she’s a plain Jane and even if you don’t take it away it looks a bit contrived after a second look. 

Her hair is quite stringy for having it done professionally and she looks a bit frail with early dowager’s hump developing. Maybe she should use some of her budget for a dermatologist since it’s obvious by how much she covers her skin it bothers her. 

How did Jason and Courtney know each other before MAFS?

Ryan seems then type that was beat up on the way to school and now he’s a bully himself.  And I thought David was a creep!

Both Jackie and Shawniece are cute as a button  I would love to,hang out with Shawniece and often I just feel like I want to reach out through the tv and scoop her into a hug. I can’t stand watching someone so hurt and not be able to comfort.  I’m still appalled her mom just sat there when she her emotions were so raw and tender.

I actually don’t find Jon someone I would be attracted to.  Just not my type. 

Jephte is attractive and has a disarming smile but I don’t think you know which side you’re going to get with him. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Do we know that she actually did this?  As far as I know, she told the show producers that she and a friend told a guy they would.  Did it ever go any farther than that?  Did that conversation even ever take place?

Who knows if anything they all say is the truth.  We only go by what we hear or is said.  All I know is that Molly & Jon had the argument in the bed when he brought the threesome up and she freaked out and told him the "F.U., those were my college years".  For some reason, Jon thinks she did.

Molly told one of the 'experts' in an interview she had a threesome; they aired it for viewers.  We don't know if it's true, but that's what she said, on camera. She must've told Jon as well.

20 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

How did Jason and Courtney know each other before MAFS?

This show recruits using dating sites. The theory some of us have is they found them & A&A that way, so the couples already at least somewhat knew & chose each other, therefore had an obvious advantage the show, or 'experts', didn't give them.

I personally can't ever believe this show could match anyone properly.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Molly told one of the 'experts' in an interview she had a threesome; they aired it for viewers.  We don't know if it's true, but that's what she said, on camera. She must've told Jon as well.

This show recruits using dating sites. The theory some of us have is they found them & A&A that way, so the couples already at least somewhat knew & chose each other, therefore had an obvious advantage the show, or 'experts', didn't give them.

Thank you !   For a minute there, I thought I was losing my marbles.  Xo

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Heather (of season 4) was another applicant who didn't understand married at first sight. One could argue she did Derek a favor if somehow she knew it had no chance of working...but then she didn't give it a chance either. It was like she got drunk and couldn't believe what she woke up next to in bed. If anyone deserves a second chance its Derek since he never got a first chance.

I don’t know if this is true, but there were lots of rumors going around that Derek smoked pot and Heather was upset bc that is risky for her job as a Flight Attendant since she is subject to drug tests.  That’s why she was “done” with him on the honeymoon but they continued to film separately since neither really did anything wrong to each other.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Who knows if anything they all say is the truth.  We only go by what we hear or is said.  All I know is that Molly & Jon had the argument in the bed when he brought the threesome up and she freaked out and told him the "F.U., those were my college years".  For some reason, Jon thinks she did.

I guess he believes her.  I don't think I do :)

6 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

I wish I were from your area!  Where I came from tall blondes were rare so when they were around it was like they were this prized trophy all the men ogled.

I sat next to a tall blonde woman at work in my 20s - Talk about "me too" - our boss would drool over her and she could practically take a dump on the desk and he wouldn't even notice it.  She could get away with being absent from work for days at a time and never call in, yet he would not say a WORD to her about it.  Meanwhile if I ever even got back from lunch 5 minutes late I got a "talking to".  This woman would wear cleavage tops and parade around in front of him too.  She worked it!  He ended up giving her a promotion while the rest of us got nothing even though we worked 3 times as hard.  Note that I never had any problem attracting men - There were always men that liked short pretty brunettes, it's just that I often found myself next to a blonde that got all the advantages and attention just for being tall and blonde.

Taking it back to the show, I think Molly expects to be catered to based on her status because she's used to it.  She has a primadona vibe to her in some ways.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I don’t know if this is true, but there were lots of rumors going around that Derek smoked pot and Heather was upset bc that is risky for her job as a Flight Attendant since she is subject to drug tests.  That’s why she was “done” with him on the honeymoon but they continued to film separately since neither really did anything wrong to each other.

She brought up smoking but never heard what kind it was but I don't think it mattered. As I recall she woke up the first morning and was already looking disgusted and calling him a slob. I should look at their wedding episode again. I know I'm captivated by this stupid show....

• Love 1

Hard to imagine anyone would say they were in a threesome if they weren't...on the other hand who would share that in an interview? Although Shawniece (bless her heart) confessed to masturbating for four years on the first episode but that was to her husband and it was endearing.

I can see where the argument with his 'wife' that she engaged in a threesome wasn't going to persuade her and probably wouldn't persuade anyone. His real argument was we are married, I'm now your husband (for better for worse) and its a normal healthy expectation (not divine right) to have intimacy. I blame Jon too though he's being a pathetic lap dog I wouldn't share a bed with my wife that wouldn't even get naked. I'd get the hint.  

• Love 2
On 3/30/2018 at 1:14 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree with you 100%, but I think Jon is too good for her and is better off without her.  She reminds me of a woman I knew in high school.  She was also a tall thin blonde and knew the guys liked her.  It went to her head so she acted just like Molly like her shit didn't stink.  She kept holding out for better because she thought she was better than any of the guys that paid attention to her.  She was picky, picky and passed up some fantastic guys.  Well fast forward 40 years and she's still single and miserable that she never got married even though she admits she turned down 3 marriage proposals over the years and sabotaged many more relationships!!!  Only now she can't attract the men like she used to so she ended up kind of by default in a go-nowhere on-again-off-again relationship with an older guy that has money that isn't in love with her and doesn't want to marry her.  So Molly better wise up before she realizes her mistakes after it's too late!

Whenever I read comments like this, that a man/woman is too picky and never marries, I wonder if they wanted to get married in the first place.  I believe that if someone wants to be MARRIED, they'll get married.  A lot of people say they want to get married because that's what society expects of them, but they keep sabotaging every relationship they're in, so it makes me wonder what the truth really is.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Whenever I read comments like this, that a man/woman is too picky and never marries, I wonder if they wanted to get married in the first place.  I believe that if someone wants to be MARRIED, they'll get married.  A lot of people say they want to get married because that's what society expects of them, but they keep sabotaging every relationship they're in, so it makes me wonder what the truth really is.

I wonder too.  When this woman and I talked at our HS reunion and she launched into her regrets about not getting married when she could have, I basically told her that if she really wanted to get married she probably would have, but she still refuses to admit to that.  Oh well, I tried!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Hard to imagine anyone would say they were in a threesome if they weren't...on the other hand who would share that in an interview?

Someone desperately trying to appear fun and exciting enough to be picked for a reality TV show.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Although Shawniece (bless her heart) confessed to masturbating for four years on the first episode but that was to her husband and it was endearing.

I'm not in the "endearing" camp... yes, it was to her husband but it was at the relationship equivalent of "first date," and it came off a little bit TMI with a whiff of desperate.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I'm not in the "endearing" camp... yes, it was to her husband but it was at the relationship equivalent of "first date," and it came off a little bit TMI with a whiff of desperate.

I love Shawniece but I didn’t find it cute at all. Especially to someone as closed off as Jephte. She should have kept that for the “fantasy” episode where sex was a major part of the topic.  Speaking of...when he picked her up with her legs around his waist to go to the bedroom....chile...(fans self)

• Love 2
On 3/31/2018 at 4:46 PM, Yeah No said:

I wish I were from your area!  Where I came from tall blondes were rare so when they were around it was like they were this prized trophy all the men ogled.

I sat next to a tall blonde woman at work in my 20s - Talk about "me too" - our boss would drool over her and she could practically take a dump on the desk and he wouldn't even notice it.  She could get away with being absent from work for days at a time and never call in, yet he would not say a WORD to her about it.  Meanwhile if I ever even got back from lunch 5 minutes late I got a "talking to".  This woman would wear cleavage tops and parade around in front of him too.  She worked it!  He ended up giving her a promotion while the rest of us got nothing even though we worked 3 times as hard.  Note that I never had any problem attracting men - There were always men that liked short pretty brunettes, it's just that I often found myself next to a blonde that got all the advantages and attention just for being tall and blonde.

Taking it back to the show, I think Molly expects to be catered to based on her status because she's used to it.  She has a primadona vibe to her in some ways.

I’ve known many flirtatious wome like this.  It’s definitely not confined to one hair color or one height. I’m sorry you’ve had reason to come to see all tall blonds in a bad light.

1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

I’ve known many flirtatious wome like this.  It’s definitely not confined to one hair color or one height. I’m sorry you’ve had reason to come to see all tall blonds in a bad light.

Oh no, far be it from me to see all tall blondes in a bad light!  I don't hold it against them at all, it's not their fault!  And it didn't happen only when they were flirtatious either.  If I were with other brunettes I was the one usually getting the most of the attention.  That's why it stands out in my mind as being specifically about being short and brunette next to a tall blonde.  When standing next to one, the tall blonde got all the attention every time even if she was wearing no makeup, a sweatshirt and baggy jeans and acted disinterested.  It made me feel like I was completely invisible.  The guys would get all gaga and practically step on me to get to her,  that's how invisible I was.  Even my high school boyfriend acted this way when I was with the tall blonde.  It used to make me so mad!  One guy I dated a few times in high school ended up with guess what right after me?  A tall blonde.  I never forgot it because it wasn't like he was prince charming or anything.  Years later he ended up marrying one.  I guess I wasn't his "type".  The only time I met anyone when I went out with girlfriends is if I went with my brunette friends and there were no tall blondes around!   I'm telling the truth, it's not just my perception!  I think it's a common thing in our society given how highly prized they are by a lot of men in our society, what can I say?  Think Penny on Big Bang Theory.  I might as well have been Amy next to Penny every time, even though I was technically much more attractive to men than frumpy Amy.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Oh no, far be it from me to see all tall blondes in a bad light!  I don't hold it against them at all, it's not their fault!  And it didn't happen only when they were flirtatious either.  If I were with other brunettes I was the one usually getting the most of the attention.  That's why it stands out in my mind as being specifically about being short and brunette next to a tall blonde.  When standing next to one, the tall blonde got all the attention every time even if she was wearing no makeup, a sweatshirt and baggy jeans and acted disinterested.  It made me feel like I was completely invisible.  The guys would get all gaga and practically step on me to get to her,  that's how invisible I was.  Even my high school boyfriend acted this way when I was with the tall blonde.  It used to make me so mad!  One guy I dated a few times in high school ended up with guess what right after me?  A tall blonde.  I never forgot it because it wasn't like he was prince charming or anything.  Years later he ended up marrying one.  I guess I wasn't his "type".  The only time I met anyone when I went out with girlfriends is if I went with my brunette friends and there were no tall blondes around!   I'm telling the truth, it's not just my perception!  I think it's a common thing in our society given how highly prized they are by a lot of men in our society, what can I say?  Think Penny on Big Bang Theory.  I might as well have been Amy next to Penny every time, even though I was technically much more attractive to men than frumpy Amy.

I agree with you 100%.  I worked in N.Y. City for a major big company where there were tons of men, and I can tell you that the majority of them went crazy when a tall, thin blonde walked by.  It's just a fact, like it or not.  Another fact ... Why do a lot of brunettes in the entertainment industry wear long blonde wigs?  To attract attention.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree with you 100%.  I worked in N.Y. City for a major big company where there were tons of men, and I can tell you that the majority of them went crazy when a tall, thin blonde walked by.  It's just a fact, like it or not. 

Strange though that being all that Molly could not get a man on her own and had to come on such a show to marry!

I still think there's something wrong with miss ice princess!

• Love 3

I'm just disappointed that Jon's female BFF is not a storyline at all for their marriage. That would have at least been interesting. Their story is just so dull. They do nothing every episode, she won't touch him but tells hims how great together they are, yawwwnnnn. I barely watch this show anymore TBH just a few minutes here and there, I don't think I'll even catch the last ep, it's actually more entertaining reading these comments. 

• Love 3
On 3/28/2018 at 8:56 PM, Kareem said:

I didn't think it was possible but Ryan gets worse every episode. Maybe it's something that AA and shock treatments could fix. Maybe not. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a trained seal. He became belligerent when she mentioned that both she and Molly aren't sure what will be from day to day, because the similarity went right over his empty head. "Sometimes girls don't like to hear the truth".  Wow. It's so strange that he doesn't even pretend to hear what Cal, Jon, Jephte, Brian and Jaclyn say.  I hope on decision day that he goes first and wants to remain married so that she can tell the biggest tool in the tool belt to piss off.  

No trained seal for Ryan please! This would be animal abuse. He should stick to inflatable dolls

On 3/28/2018 at 8:56 PM, Kareem said:

I didn't think it was possible but Ryan gets worse every episode. Maybe it's something that AA and shock treatments could fix. Maybe not. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a trained seal. He became belligerent when she mentioned that both she and Molly aren't sure what will be from day to day, because the similarity went right over his empty head. "Sometimes girls don't like to hear the truth".  Wow. It's so strange that he doesn't even pretend to hear what Cal, Jon, Jephte, Brian and Jaclyn say.  I hope on decision day that he goes first and wants to remain married so that she can tell the biggest tool in the tool belt to piss off.  

• Love 3