Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

The couples are forced to examine if they are on the same page about what they want out of marriage; the future seems uncertain for one couple when a spouse admits he wants to keep his own apartment, even if they stay together.

1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Hedging his bets, huh? I can think of at least two guys who might want to do that.

I don't know why they made it so vague since they played the clip of who it is in the preview that they played multiple times during the episode.

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don't know why they made it so vague since they played the clip of who it is in the preview that they played multiple times during the episode.

Sometimes, I feel like the editors of the show are interns from film school. The editing leaves so much to be desired. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yes, I saw that clip and I know who it is -- but that would be a "spoiler". However he's not the only one who might want to have a backup plan in case of 'divorce'!

• Love 2

Jon just said, "First of all, you have to learn how to be in a relationship. Once you learn how to be in a relationship, you should learn how to, like, just shut your mouth and say,' OK'"

That's obviously the only way he can get along with Molly -- and she's still stringing him along for sex!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

Wow Ryan really looks like his dad.

ETA: Jon is right:  Ryan is acting like a teenager who’s never been in a relationship before. Poor Jaclyn is going to regret having sex with him when they divorce. Ryan is an ass.

Jon is really growing on me. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 24
15 minutes ago, PityFree said:

ETA: Jon is right:  Ryan is acting like a teenager who’s never been in a relationship before. Poor Jaclyn is going to regret having sex with him when they divorce. Ryan is an ass.

Ryan wants to be in a relationship, but he doesn't want to compromise at all.  Everybody has to compromise in a relationship, because...well there's another person there.  

• Love 15

Ryan sure did a lot of verbal editing, when he was talking to his best buddy about the night he went out drinking with the other 2 MAFS guys and they discussed Ryan's apartment! 

He made it seem like all the other guys agreed with him about the apartment thing and thought Jaclyn was the one being unreasonable!

• Love 18

Ryan gives the worst advice. "Just wait until Molly is showering and burst in naked. Take away her phone so she can't call the cops."  At least Jon and Jephte both have the sense to know that advice is BS. 

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Ryan wants to be in a relationship, but he doesn't want to compromise at all.  Everybody has to compromise in a relationship, because...well there's another person there.  

Ryan is not the only one who could be described that way! When Ryan said that Jaclyn 'ordered' him to come home and not stay out with his buddies that night (and Ryan stayed out, anyway) --Jephte said, "If someone tells me not to do something, I'll go do it!" And that wasn't the first time Jephte has said things like that.

• Love 14

I assumed Ryan had never been in a relationship before this show, but then his friend mentioned that he had been in some and I was shocked.  He appears to have almost no understanding of relationships outside of the greeting cards he quotes when he tries to romance Jacqueline

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 12

Molly seems to get more boring each episode.

Why does she blather on that she and Jon are so great together because they have this great sense of adventure? I think Jon would have a lot of fun without her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Poor Jaclyn is going to regret having sex with him when they divorce. Ryan is an ass.

Or she might be happy that she didn't have to be celibate for six weeks. She maybe lying to not hurt his feelings but she appeared to enjoy the sex.

• Love 7

Ryan totally revised everything talking with Jackie!   When he as with the guys, they shot him down.  Then he turned around and said the opposite to Jackie.  And her talking head about not reasoning with someone who has been drinking....

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I was cracking up the whole time the guys were shooting pool. Jon hates Ryan, and Jephte just thinks Ryan is a fool.

Actually, I think Jon might be jealous of Ryan because he knows Ryan and Jaclyn have been having sex from the beginning. But I don't think he likes the jerk, either...

• Love 4

Ryan gets worse with each episode. I hope Jackie is strong enough to walk away from him. I can’t help but think that Molly and Jon are having sex but are hiding it like last years couple with  Nick and the very lovely woman he was matched to.  The editing is so heavy handed that you don’t  know what to believe. Why couldn’t they leave it like season one where it was more realistic. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Or she might be happy that she didn't have to be celibate for six weeks. She maybe lying to not hurt his feelings but she appeared to enjoy the sex.

Folks act like Jackie did this for Ryan but hell, she probably wanted some too. I’m going to guess that she hasn’t been out screwing around since her boyfriend passed so she might have needed some too. We women do like and need sex as much as men do.

• Love 15

Every so often Jepthe says something and I remember how immature he can be. Has he ever had a relationship, or even a second date? He’s lucky Shawneice is so upbeat and easy going about a lot of things. 

Ryan, what to say about Ryan? He doesn’t get it. He doesn’t see anything wrong with himself. We all have flaws and faults. Good grief man! The I’m not going to change for anyone line sounds a lot like I’m going to end up alone. Nincompoop. 

I can’t tell if Molly really believes she and Jon are a good match since they’re so alike or if that’s the line she’s decided to parrot until she bails. Jon seems to have resigned himself and is just trying to have a decent time. 

• Love 8

Oh Ryan, you poor thing.  So things aren't going so good the last two weeks?  I wonder why.  Maybe because even tho you are a brave fireman, you still talk and think like a child.  Maybe Molly is getting sick of your constank blabbering and selfishness.  She has realized finally that you are a jerk and not good husband material and you drink too much.  Nothing is going to help this guy.

i like Jon, but he is going over and beyond kissing Molly's ass that he's losing his identity.  He appears afraid to be himself for fear of upsetting her.  He has to walk on eggshells all the time.  Molly has zero personality and isn't adventuress as she says.  I don't get why he is so attracted to her.

I meant Jackie, not Molly back up there.

• Love 9

There have been several comments throughout this season that make me think Molly and Jephte would’ve made a good couple. He said a couple of things about her on Unfiltered that seemed kind of affectionate, and she’s made a few positive comments about him, too. Tonight she said he had a nice smile and it didn’t just seem like a pleasantry. She might be low-key feeling Mr. Pierre! I think they’d have fun together and he definitely wouldn’t pressure her for entitlement sex! 

Ryan sucks, and I’m starting to see the possible gay thing.* Sure, a straight man can have close male friends and go to cozy dinners with them. It happens all the time! But also sometimes there are men who are gay, on the DL or in denial, and lately that’s the vibe I get from Ryan. It’s certainly one possible explanation for why he pushes women away. Of course he could be totally straight and just a misogynistic prick, too.  Sky’s the limit!

*not meant to be read as sucks because gay 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was cracking up the whole time the guys were shooting pool. Jon hates Ryan, and Jephte just thinks Ryan is a fool.

I'd totally be on board with Brian's podcast suggestion that he'd watch an entire show of Jephte bugging out his eyes whenever Ryan's stupidity is on display -- a kind of updated Shit My Dad Says.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did Jackie really order Ryan not to go out?

I want to punch that fucker square in the face.

Yeah, the cameras weren't there for that conversation, so we don't know if Jackie ordered him. Of course, he also omits the fact that she was under the weather and wanted him to stay with her for that reason. That makes me think that Jackie didn't order him but maybe tried to guilt him into staying home. And he has decided this was her trying to CONTROL him. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Molly: Like, just the other day, when Jon was leading a group on a shark dive, I ordered a triple latte!  A TRIPLE!  And I'm not even kidding!  OMG, I'm so crazy adventurous AF.

Wait ! ... But she can paint a room too, besides being an adventurer.  Who knew ?  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Ryan sucks, and I’m starting to see the possible gay thing.* Sure, a straight man can have close male friends and go to cozy dinners with them. It happens all the time! But also sometimes there are men who are gay, on the DL or in denial, and lately that’s the vibe I get from Ryan. It’s certainly one possible explanation for why he pushes women away. Of course he could be totally straight and just a misogynistic prick, too.  Sky’s the limit!

*not meant to be read as sucks because gay 

I got that feeling tonight too when he was at dinner with his buddy.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2

Hope you didn't miss Molly's BIG concession to the marriage....she said it kinda quiet so you may have missed it.

Molly said she'd be willing to trim her gel nails back some so they can go fake rock climbing again in the future....

Hope that gave Jon a hard on and hope for his marriage... what more can Molly do to prove her continued tolerance of him?....

• Love 15

Seeing Ryan with his friend confirmed he is the asshole of the group.  Every group has an asshole who the group hopes becomes cool, but they don’t because they’re an asshole.  His friend barely tried to talk sense into Ryan because he knew it was pointless as Ryan never listens to anyone but himself.  On twitter Ryan tried to make Jac out to be the asshole because she wanted him to stay home that night she was sick but he said he had to go out to support a friend with cancer, but with the guys in an honest moment he says it is because it was a Saturday night and you *have* to go out on Saturday night.  I feel bad for his parents because they seem very nice.  Jac and Ryan’s parents deserve so much better than Ryan.

Jephte and Shawniece continue to suprise me.  I enjoy seeing how much fun they have with each other.

Jon continues to impress me.  

Molly continues to bore me.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, princelina said:

I can't believe that due to Jon's reaction when Ryan (?) asked if he showered with his wife, and he collapsed laughing: "We don't even have sex!"

Also, Jackie says that she feels that she and Ryan are similar to Jon and Molly in that they both have the uncertainty about staying together.  Ryan is PISSED about that because, IMO, he sees NOTHING in common due to the fact that he and Jackie have sex and Jon and Molly do not.  He is too immature to understand that she sees why they (she and Ryan) would have uncertainty, even if it's not about that.  When they show him saying, "I wanted to be married to be there for someone 100%" - they leave out the part where he says "except for when she's sick, or when she wants to do something different, or when it's Saturday night, or . . ."

I agree. With Nick and Sonia, I don't think they talked about sex at all until she admitted it to Pastor Cal after their big blowup - I can't quite remember, but I think that's how it went. With Molly and Jon, Jon's reactions to the no-sex issue are pretty genuine, and even Molly's family is like, "So you're totally buying stuff he's allergic to on purpose so he can't get near you, right?" And she even said to her sisters that she's afraid he'll leave on decision day if she hasn't had sex with him by then (she cleaned that up a little for TV, but that's what she meant). Also there is ZERO physical ... anything between them. Even the pecks she gives him are the chastest pecks ever. They almost seem like relatives.

They said this on the podcast, but Jephte and Shawniece's problems seem so much more minor than the other two couples. "My husband is a picky eater!" "My husband is a drunk who doesn't want to compromise or spend any time with me!" "I'm not physically attracted to my husband!"

• Love 8

Not only does Ryan have problem using intelligible words to express himself he is also bad at math...

Ryan's version of giving wun hunnert percent is crawling in to the apartment at all hours drunk, petulant behaviors, declaring that he's not gonna change, why would he need to...he's who he is.... and throwing Jackie under the bus when twisting the facts in bull sessions with his sympathetic buddy about the trials and tribulations of his marriage.

Ryan's buddy, Brian said all of Ryan's past relationships have been unhealthy ones...more dirty details please...

Jackie...time to ask the experts... WTF?! Why would they match her with a lying sack of shit?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Seeing Ryan with his friend confirmed he is the asshole of the group.  Every group has an asshole who the group hopes becomes cool, but they don’t because they’re an asshole.  His friend barely tried to talk sense into Ryan because he knew it was pointless as Ryan never listens to anyone but himself.  On twitter Ryan tried to make Jac out to be the asshole because she wanted him to stay home that night she was sick but he said he had to go out to support a friend with cancer, but with the guys in an honest moment he says it is because it was a Saturday night and you *have* to go out on Saturday night.  I feel bad for his parents because they seem very nice.  Jac and Ryan’s parents deserve so much better than Ryan.

Jephte and Shawniece continue to suprise me.  I enjoy seeing how much fun they have with each other.

Jon continues to impress me.  

Molly continues to bore me.

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

During Unfiltered I kept wanting Jephte to wring Ryan's neck to help Jackie and the future women of Boston Ryan will date...

On Unfiltered, Ryan made some slick comment about when Jac was sick (something like "What was wrong with her anyway?" - kind of like what he did on Twitter)-and tried to yuck it up with Jepthe. The look on Jepthe's face told us he wanted no part of Ryan's nonsense.

Ryan's parents seemed nice. They seem to like Jac. Showing Ryan's baby pics (one of which Ryan denied was of him - really? As if he'd remember!) was sweet. I'll feel bad if/when Jac were to leave that family.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh Ryan, you poor thing.  So things aren't going so good the last two weeks?  I wonder why.  Maybe because even tho you are a brave fireman, you still talk and think like a child.  Maybe Molly is getting sick of your constank blabbering and selfishness.  She has realized finally that you are a jerk and not good husband material and you drink too much.  Nothing is going to help this guy.

i like Jon, but he is going over and beyond kissing Molly's ass that he's losing his identity.  He appears afraid to be himself for fear of upsetting her.  He has to walk on eggshells all the time.  Molly has zero personality and isn't adventuress as she says.  I don't get why he is so attracted to her.

I meant Jackie, not Molly back up there.

Ryan is such a frat boy douche bro I can't figure out why he even wanted to do this. Dude, save up your money from your one hundred jobs, buy yourself a Living Doll, and call it a day. That way you can hang out with the boyz on Saturday night and still get your rocks off when you come home, without all that tedious "talking" and "interacting" and "caring" that bother you so.

I like Jon, and I think he's being so cautious because he is painfully aware that he is being filmed and that he'll have to stand by what appears on teevee. He's probably prepared for this, he seems like the type who would do his homework, watch past seasons, read articles, maybe even visit some forums (dare we hope?). He seems to have resolved to behave like a gentleman. Probably so he can look his family and friends in the face when its all over. He will have no lack of female attention once this trainwreck is cleared away.

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Did Jackie really order Ryan not to go out?

I want to punch that fucker square in the face.

Right? And not a mention that she was sick. What a jerk. Funny how sweet, pliant Jackie becomes a shrieking harpy in Ryan's tiny, Cro Magnon brain. I hope she's found out how he's trash talked her behind her back.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan's buddy Brian said all of Ryan's past relationships have been unhealthy ones...more dirty details please...

Jackie...time to ask the experts... WTF?! Why would they match her with a lying sack of shit?

I wish that friend a source close to the situation would anonymously spill some tea. ;) 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ryan is such a frat boy douche bro I can't figure out why he even wanted to do this. Dude, save up your money from your one hundred jobs, buy yourself a Living Doll, and call it a day. That way you can hang out with the boyz on Saturday night and still get your rocks off when you come home, without all that tedious "talking" and "interacting" and "caring" that bother you so.

I like Jon, and I think he's being so cautious because he is painfully aware that he is being filmed and that he'll have to stand by what appears on teevee. He's probably prepared for this, he seems like the type who would do his homework, watch past seasons, read articles, maybe even visit some forums (dare we hope?). He seems to have resolved to behave like a gentleman. Probably so he can look his family and friends in the face when its all over. He will have no lack of female attention once this trainwreck is cleared away.

Wasn't Jon actually in a frat? I'd half expect that kind of behavior from Jon instead of Ryan.

It's interesting if Jon is hyperaware of his on-screen image, especially since his employer had let him go because he was doing the show.

• Love 2