Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: Week 9

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, escatefromny said:

Speaking of the “late” Krystal ... from the media thread, this is insane!

Insane - as in irrational - is a good word.  A ‘fitness’ competition involves doing and consuming (and not doing and not consuming) things that even the participants admit are unhealthy, even dangerous.

Female competitors, specifically, achieve a decidedly unfeminine look then rely on an array of nails, tan, hairspray, jewelry, makeup and stripper heels to convey that which they have intentionally just eliminated.

Leanness, healthy muscle tone and posture are certainly attractive.  Gristle and seeing the vague outline of internal organs are not.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 15

Ugh... my husband might have spoiled it for me.  He said ‘I googled Arie and did you know <<potential spoiler>>’.  I literally clamped my hands over my ears and started humming* the second he got to second part of the sentence but I think I heard more than I wanted.   Is this grounds for divorce?  ?

*we are at a nice restaurant and I looked like a toddler!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I can't stand Kendall.  I think she's one of the biggest posers on this show with her fake concern to Krystal, her "I'm so goofy with my taxidermy and my ukulele but I hope Ari sees past my goofy taxidermy and ukulele!" and then her ridiculous "I don't know if I"m ready for a proposal and other girls are..."   She's irritating.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LBS said:

Ugh... my husband might have spoiled it for me.  He said ‘I googled Arie and did you know <<potential spoiler>>’.  I literally clamped my hands over my ears and started humming* the second he got to second part of the sentence but I think I heard more than I wanted.   Is this grounds for divorce?  ?

Unfortunately, I saw probably the same stuff your soon-to-be-ex-husband : ) saw.  I clicked away really fast, so I didn't see it all.  

I long for the days when the spoilers were kept to RealitySteve only.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2018 at 8:19 PM, Mu Shu said:

Baby Beckah got over 200k new followers on Instagram.  She’s the real winner here. 

I cannot think of anyone I'd want to follow less on IG than Beckah. The word 'loathe' comes to mind.

• Love 5

Maybe the bathroom was off camera for the tent date but where did Becca go pee?   She is going to get a UTI, she needs to pee and dry off her vagina after sex.  Not a good place to be able to brush your teeth in the morning either.

I laughed so hard when she said "I guess I'll get out of your hair now" and then just leaves.  Can we have a thread with that title somewhere PLEASE?!?!?!

This was such a painful episode.  Out of all the setups they have done in past seasons this was the worst.

• Love 1

I finally finished watching this episode. I realize this is the same formula as every season, but for whatever reason, the rose ceremony after the fantasy suites seems especially icky this time. Just the feeling of standing there next to 2 women with whom you've intimately shared a man --- in the last week ... uggghhhh. 

Just noticed Lauren is only 25. How is that *so* much better than Bekah's 22? 

The eyelashes are ridiculous.

• Love 8
On 2/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, scarlettudor said:

He told all 3 that he loved them.  I think he probably felt correctly that it was a prerequisite for them being ready for the fantasy suite.  But, yes, how icky ~ 3 in a row.  

A prerequisite to the fantasy suite...oh, ew. Ew ew ew ewwwww. So to Arie slingin' the "I love you"s is like foreplay. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go bleach my mind's eye.

• Love 2

Krystal with the humblebrag IG pic I see?  Her breathy post on how unfit she was at the peak of her competition circuit?  LOL so obvious how insecure this chick is.

When all 3 women lined up at the end and they are setting production for the rose ceremony, I would just turn to one and ask “hey has he said he loves you yet?”and get full disclosure there.  Why are they miserable wondering where they stand when the answer is standing 2 feet away?  If you don’t have a problem with their answer then stay, if you do then at least you find out before you make another mistake.

I too was repulsed how Arie dispensed the I love yous from his emotional pez dispenser on turbo mode.  It doesn’t matter who he ends up with because they should dump his ass after they watch this episode.

• Love 8

Lauren's lack of emotion on the plane left me speechless - like Lauren. She is a lot like her mom. She reminds me of how i get when i feel depressed - very quiet and withdrawn - but if i were in Peru, yoi would have been up out of my seat to get a closer look out the window. Were they not allowed to unbuckle their seatbelts?? I think Lauren is clinically depressed. 

Finished watching the episode - i was surprised no one commented on Ross looking like he was going to start laughing. Becca didn't seem truly shocked to see him. I still don't believe Arie loves Becca. I think he might think he loves Lauren. 

I'm just having a hard time believing any of this is real. Kendall did look the best without makeup. 

That's all my random thoughts. Goodnight! 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

When all 3 women lined up at the end and they are setting production for the rose ceremony, I would just turn to one and ask “hey has he said he loves you yet?”and get full disclosure there.  Why are they miserable wondering where they stand when the answer is standing 2 feet away?  If you don’t have a problem with their answer then stay, if you do then at least you find out before you make another mistake.

Silly rabbit, that would be interjecting some LOGIC in this trainwreck :)

3 hours ago, birdmom said:

Becca didn't seem truly shocked to see him.

She's in Peru, her ex shows up at the door, and she greets him with a "oh hey-uh."  I'd think she'd be a little surprised to see him there. That whole thing seemed like a poorly scripted and poorly acted high school play. At least I got a laugh out of it, Arie dramatically sitting on that tiny sofa gave me the giggles...plus this exchange: Arie's TH: "I'm so pissed I'm so angry"; Ross: "I'm going to get my girl"; Arie: "*crickets*" 

I couldn't help but wonder what Uncle cane (can't remember his name) the minister thought of all her exclamations of "Oh my *BLEEEEP* God!"  Or, as Becca would say it "Oh my *BLEEEEP* God-uh!"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I too was repulsed how Arie dispensed the I love yous from his emotional pez dispenser

That may be the greatest sentence I have ever read.

7 hours ago, birdmom said:

I think Lauren is clinically depressed. 

I'm not entirely convince Lauren hasn't had a full frontal lobotomy. There is just nothing there. Arie's perfect girl. She's pretty and blond and he can project any personality he wants on her because she lacks one of her own. She's basically a warm bodied blow up doll.

• Love 14
(edited)

I noticed Ross couldn't hold in his laughter. Even he's embarrassed by his acting job. Whatever he did worked because I'm seeing all over the internet how people want him coming on bachelor in paradise so i'm sure he'll be over his "love" of Becca by then. Hell, even throw Becca in paradise to make it the "most dramatic bachelor in paradise season everrrrr."

and yeah. I have never seen a bachelor only say he's in love with one woman because... well then that would spoil the ending. On the seasons where the lead tells one woman he loves her, he always tells another one he loves her as well to make it dramatic that he loves 2 women..and the third girl always gets the "im falling for you". As the poster said above, why not just ask the other women if he said it to them? problem solved.

Also, I highly doubt in the fantasy suite with the whole night together and no cameras on them, the lead doesn't tell the contestants if they will be picked at the end. I would think that would come up in conversation

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 4
On 2/27/2018 at 4:08 PM, Mu Shu said:

I don’t find Lauren terribly attractive for her 20’s.  She has a bland, blah look that will read as blank in her 40’s.  I’m surprised anyone calls her beautiful.  

My cousin just turned 40 and is finding out that her beauty isn’t as tradable a commodity as it once was.  Men in her age bracket either want an equal partner, or a younger women they can delay having kids with.   Girl lived on her looks and never cashed in on them.  I may be a 44 yo cabbage patch as of tomorrow, but I made me some stripper dollars.  And my ugly ass would have made more stripper dollars than Lauren and my bitchy ass cousin combined.

beauty without brains is just wasteful.  And if you live and die by your looks, you have a long road ahead to hoe come about 35-ish. 

I agree!  I think Lauren is just a skinny blonde.  That's her calling card.  No personality but men right now perceive that as "mystery."  When gravity hits, the interest she currently has will dissipate.

• Love 6

Ya'll are killing me and now I am re-watching to see the things I missed. I am such a masochist. I've been spoiled, so I know who he picks. I just can't quit these shows.  I have a reality show addiction. I actually watched Celebrity Big Brother *hangs head in shame*. I am proud that I have resisted watching the Bachelor Winter Games. But you better believe I will be watching Bachelor in Paradise!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Maybe the bathroom was off camera for the tent date but where did Becca go pee?   She is going to get a UTI, she needs to pee and dry off her vagina after sex.  Not a good place to be able to brush your teeth in the morning either.

I laughed so hard when she said "I guess I'll get out of your hair now" and then just leaves.  Can we have a thread with that title somewhere PLEASE?!?!?!

This was such a painful episode.  Out of all the setups they have done in past seasons this was the worst.

Didn't Brad and Chantel have their "fantasy suite" date in an open treehouse in South Africa?  I thought that was far worse than inside a tent.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Didn't Brad and Chantel have their "fantasy suite" date in an open treehouse in South Africa?  I thought that was far worse than inside a tent.

You are indeed a super fan to remember that deSchenke .

I'm going to bet telling each of the F3s "I love you" is producer driven now, like picking up the rose on a one-on-one date even if the date is going to be sent home. None of the F3 seemed particularly giddy at Arie's profession of love. "I love you" here is as meaningless as a square of toilet paper (unless you're Becca stuck in a tent in the sand, in which case that square might be mighty nice to have).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think Lauren is just a skinny blonde

The thing is, Arie had a bunch of skinny blondes to choose from, he even had a bunch of skinny blonds named Lauren, wonder why he goes for the one with no personality, a rather large nose and no cheek bone definition?

16 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I'm going to bet telling each of the F3s "I love you" is producer driven now

That's my fear, too. The men used to be so careful not to say it to anyone until the proposal.   Now it's like they're deliberately setting one woman up for the most dramatic break down ever!.  I keep thinking of Becca saying over and over that she's completely confident in "us," and poor gloomy Lauren, finally peeking out of her shell.   I should boycott the finale, but I know I wont.

• Love 5
(edited)

I cannot go all this time without my Daily Mail. I'm thinking I'll just have to risk being Spoilered (every previous season I would read not only Reality Steve, but also Fans of Reality TV back when posters were allowed to analyze video and still photos for clues)!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TGinKY said:

Ya'll are killing me and now I am re-watching to see the things I missed. I am such a masochist. I've been spoiled, so I know who he picks. I just can't quit these shows.  I have a reality show addiction. I actually watched Celebrity Big Brother *hangs head in shame*. I am proud that I have resisted watching the Bachelor Winter Games. But you better believe I will be watching Bachelor in Paradise!

I watched paradise hotel and temptation island. OMG. Im so glad im not alone. lol.

57 minutes ago, TGinKY said:

You are indeed a super fan to remember that deSchenke .

OMG I remember that. I remember how scandalous it was that Andy told both Bevin and tessa he loved them. My favorite contestant of all time is Lanny, from merediths season. but I digress:)

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

The thing is, Arie had a bunch of skinny blondes to choose from, he even had a bunch of skinny blonds named Lauren, wonder why he goes for the one with no personality, a rather large nose and no cheek bone definition?

Ha, very good point!  

Most likely because her blank expressions, lack of any personality to him = mysterious and fragile!  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

On the seasons where the lead tells one woman he loves her, he always tells another one he loves her as well to make it dramatic that he loves 2 women..and the third girl always gets the "im falling for you".

Before this season, I only remember this happening on Peter Brady Ben's season.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I'm going to bet telling each of the F3s "I love you" is producer driven now

The producers can't force words out of Arie's mouth. He seemed more than happy to tell both Lauren and Becca that he loved them, and that's 100% on him, whether producers encouraged it or not.

• Love 4

My unpopular opinion is I think Lauren is beautiful with or without makeup and I think maybe she is just naturally shy and/or introverted. I don't assume she is dumb because she doesn't talk  a lot. I like Becca too although I don't find her particularly attractive. With Kendall, I never felt she was serious about Arie and the taxidermy stuff just creeps me out. I just can't get onboard with a hobby that involves scooping up road kill (I understand most people who do taxidermy do not do that). Not sure if I am up for hours upon hours of a finale, but I can always DVR and skip through the recaps and other dull stuff. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I loved Chantel and was rooting for her and not Emily. She dropped out of Bachelor nation, but then that was back in the day when this show had not yet spawned and there weren't so many ways to return to the TV. Speaking of spawning: 

4 hours ago, TGinKY said:

I am proud that I have resisted watching the Bachelor Winter Games.

Aww. Bachelor Winter Games was a pretty tame, kind of sweet spinoff. They really splurged on the setting, The Hermitage Club in Vermont, which was gorgeous. Tons better than Mosquito Beach, where they film BIP. I didn't think I'd like the international cast, but it turned out that they added some much needed fresh faces. Downside: Ben Higgins was there, all mopey as usual. 

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I watched paradise hotel and temptation island. OMG. Im so glad im not alone. lol.

Ah, Temptation Island. I watched it too. Good times. Anyone else here watch Wickedly Perfect, where the competition was domestic in nature--decorating, cooking, baking? That was fun.

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

every previous season I would read not only Reality Steve, but also Fans of Reality TV back when posters were allowed to analyze video and still photos for clues)!

I remember looking at those posts, hundreds of them analyzing shadow length and position of the sun in the sky and how far down the candles were burned at the final rose ceremonies trying to figure out which proposal was last. In that sense, I am grateful to Reality Steve for saving us from all that. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I'm going to bet telling each of the F3s "I love you" is producer driven now, like picking up the rose on a one-on-one date even if the date is going to be sent home. None of the F3 seemed particularly giddy at Arie's profession of love. "I love you" here is as meaningless as a square of toilet paper (unless you're Becca stuck in a tent in the sand, in which case that square might be mighty nice to have).

Arie’s proclamations of love to all three women reminded me of a guy who says, “I love pizza,” “I love hamburgers,” “I love beer.”  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG I remember that. I remember how scandalous it was that Andy told both Bevin and tessa he loved them. My favorite contestant of all time is Lanny, from merediths season. but I digress:)

I watched both of them! Also The Littlest Groom. Who remembers that reality show?

(edited)

I like Becca too although I don't find her particularly attractive.

I think she has very beautiful and striking eyes. I noticed on the last date that her hair had grown some since the start of the season and that looked better on her. With a good hair, clothes and make up stylist I think she would be stunning.

Lauren is very pretty but would be so much prettier if she would smile and laugh more. I mean have we ever seen her have a genuine laugh and smile? The kind that you can see through and lights up her eyes? I understand shyness but you can be shy and still take a interest in the things around you. If she's that shy why did she even consider doing this show? If she felt swallowed up by or insecure around the other ladies why not open up around Arie? It's like she's on sedatives. I don't know it's puzzling to me.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9
(edited)

I think Lauren just flew under the radar until she was one of the remaining blondes left. We never saw her until Paris.

i think 80% of the reason she looks bored is bc of the way she smiles and reacts to things - quick closed-mouth smile and then back to normal. It’s very strange. I can be quiet in groups too, but more talkative one on one. But it doesn’t seem like she’s quiet with the girls? Once I went on a double-date and I didn’t say a word the whole time. I was 15. Maybe it’s the cameras? I don’t know, I give up, I got nothing... lol

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 3

The only thing the whole Ross stunt did for me was just highlight how ridiculous and superficial this whole "process" really is. Here is a guy who was with Becca for 7 years telling a guy whose known her for 7 minutes that he's there to get his girl. And really what could Arie say in response? Ross has history with Becca.. Arie has swapped spit with her a few times within minutes of doing the same with 15 other chicks. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

My unpopular opinion is I think Lauren is beautiful with or without makeup and I think maybe she is just naturally shy and/or introverted. I don't assume she is dumb because she doesn't talk  a lot.

I only disagree because I feel like I've known a few Laurens in my life.  Ironically, they too were thin and blonde.  I remember meeting one woman and after speaking with her a few minutes, felt like I had hit a wall so to speak.  She had shared as much as she could and there nothing there.  It was like her eyes glazed over after exerting too much effort.  I didn't think much of it until several other co-workers reported having the exact same feeling with this girl.  And then another friend hit the nail on the head - this girl had never had to really develop a personality because she was so attractive and that had always been enough.

Reserved women have gone on the Bachelor before, but they don't all come across like Lauren.  I'm sure she's a perfectly nice person, but I do truly think she's gotten so used to be conventionally attractive that she never really had to compete on anything that was not looks (e.g., athletic talent, personality, book smarts).

• Love 8

What confuses me most about Lauren is that she is, according to the job title the show uses for her, a "tech salesperson." I've worked with many software salespeople, and by virtue of their job they have to be gregarious, well-spoken, and persistent. If they don't meet their quotas within the first six months, they're fired. So unless Lauren has multiple personality disorder, how does she make a living? And no, in tech/software sales you don't close deals just by being young, blonde, and thin - clients are much too savvy for that.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think maybe she is just naturally shy and/or introverted.

I'm naturally shy and introverted.  I've gotten better with the shyness over the years but "worse" with the introversion (not that introversion is a bad thing but it borders on anti-social.)  As an introvert and someone who is shy, having to share a room with so many other women and have a camera in my face 24 hours a day would make this show an absolute no go.  So I don't think she's that shy. 

But even shy introverts exhibit curiosity about the world around them.  In fact, becoming overly interested in looking at something or reading something is a way to avoid people.  Lauren hasn't really done that from what we've seen of them sightseeing. 

1 hour ago, felicity porter said:

this girl had never had to really develop a personality because she was so attractive and that had always been enough.

Yes.  This can happen to men and women.  And not having parents who encourage you to be interesting can arrest development.  But maybe she'll be more interesting than I think she is when she appears on ATR.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I watched both of them! Also The Littlest Groom. Who remembers that reality show?

• Love 2

Most of the season I didn't care for Lauren because she always seemed to looks so smug, especially with the little smiles. Then there was that blowup at the production assistant shown briefly at the end of an episode. Now I've realized that her lower jaw is protruding, so I believe her lower teeth are ahead of her upper teeth (or pretty close). Opposite of an overbite. That might explain her smug appearance but she still isn't very interesting.

• Love 1

I am really curious to see Lauren's audition tape and interviews. I just can't imagine the show casting the woman we have seen on the show. She's pretty, but she's not THAT pretty. So either (1) this is all fake and she's playing hard to get to attract her prey, (2) she and Arie already had a relationship and he demanded she be on the show, or (3) is on some kind of extremely heavy medication that she wasn't taking during casting. Otherwise, I really, really can't see why out of the thousands of desperate fame whores who applied, they choice to put this lifeless lump on TV.

It's odd that she wanted to be on the show if she's so shy and introverted and more odd that the show would want her on since she's so boring and lifeless. I mean, she didn't even seem happy to be in Europe. She doesn't "light up" when Arie's around even. She's just...there.

• Love 12

Could be that Lauren, the pretty blonde princess, never had to compete for what she wanted in her young life. Now that she's in this position of not having control over her future and her relationship, she has no tools with which to deal.  She keeps saying she's afraid of losing him; it could be she has never been broken up with before and is terrified into muteness by the impending disaster that she realizes is ahead of her and is going to be broadcast on national TV.

As for why someone who is absolutely unable to emote managed to make it through the casting process she must do ok one on one.  I've seen her in the background shots talking and laughing with some of the other ladies, and she probably was able to turn it on for the producers.  I imagine she went on the show as a way to distract herself from her broken engagement which seems to have been somewhat recent (within the last year of casting?). 

That being said, she still hardly talks to Arie! That's the mystery of it all ... there has never been a contestant this uncommunicative to the lead. Weird. 

• Love 7
On 3/1/2018 at 2:06 AM, birdmom said:

She reminds me of how i get when i feel depressed - very quiet and withdrawn - but if i were in Peru, yoi would have been up out of my seat to get a closer look out the window. Were they not allowed to unbuckle their seatbelts?? I think Lauren is clinically depressed. 

Yes- I noted the same thing in an earlier episode. I think she is depressed too. Lack of enjoyment of fun or novel things, extra time worrying, in her head, etc. I hope she is getting some help now.

• Love 1

I don’t think we know enough about her to diagnose a mental illness. She also could be overwhelmed, quiet or just the type to not talk much. I’m an introvert and have pushed myself to do many things so I don’t think it’s a given that introverted people “won’t” do whatever.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

That being said, she still hardly talks to Arie! That's the mystery of it all ... there has never been a contestant this uncommunicative to the lead. Weird. 

But she COULD be having conversations with Arie that we are not seeing. 

My frustration with this season has been that they want to show Arie living up to his "kissing bandit" nickname, so they edit out conversation in favor of makeout sessions.

• Love 4
(edited)

Also, Lauren could be gorgeous off camera—she might not have a photogenic face (but I do think she’s as pretty as anyone else this season). She and Kendall have been more “hard to get” with Arie than Becca, which appeals to some people. 

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

But she's a complete dud on the dates that we are seeing.

But we never see the whole date.

My point is that a date could last a few hours, and have some "boring" moments, along with some conversation.  The editors show us boring moments, and kissing. Just because they didn't show us any interesting moments between Lauren and Arie doesn't mean that those moments didn't happen.

• Love 6