Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, blondmommy said:

im a hotel person, i hate staying with friends...and my friends have beautiful homes in great places.  i tell them i'm a horrible houseguest, but the reality is i just like my own space...if i want to be messy or sleep late it doesn't offend anyone.

they don't mind, if they called me weird i'd probably agree with them. i don't think anyone would be offended...but maybe that's why i only have a few very close friends.

That's fine but you tell your hosts upfront, Erika couldn't be bothered letting Teddi know, which was rude on her part. 

• Love 20
On 2/17/2018 at 11:50 AM, BBHN said:

Is being married for 17 years long enough?

Apparently not.  They act like they are strangers.

5 hours ago, blondmommy said:

im a hotel person, i hate staying with friends...and my friends have beautiful homes in great places.  i tell them i'm a horrible houseguest, but the reality is i just like my own space...if i want to be messy or sleep late it doesn't offend anyone.

they don't mind, if they called me weird i'd probably agree with them. i don't think anyone would be offended...but maybe that's why i only have a few very close friends.

I'm a hotel person too, but I've always let my host know in advance that I wouldn't be staying with them.

• Love 14

I 'guess' Tom and Erika's relationship works for them....for different reasons.  Yeah, ok.  I just get confused about what 'Erika' we're watching.  The morning when Erika came back to Teddi's house, we got the 'Erika' who was embarrassed.  But then we get the 'Erika' who wears the 'c' word necklace.  Erika's 'lines' are blurred IMO.  I think she'd like to think that she's Erika Jane but as much as she would like to project herself as that, in the real world she's 'Erika':  The waitress who managed to catch an older rich man who indulges her ....to some degree.  Tom rules that roost. 

Edited by breezy424
I typed bracelet instead of necklace
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Apparently not.  They act like they are strangers.

They act like passive aggressive roommates who keep eating the other's Ben & Jerry's pints out of spite

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Teddi seems off to me in ways I don't really understand.  I am wondering if it's something about her being an accountability coach, and possibly trying NOT to "be" that in her personal life?

But I disagree on Erika not giving a shit about Teddi.  In fact, I suspect Erika is jealous of Teddi, as her father has a legitimate, serious music career that has spanned decades.  Erika's "career" is a joke that wouldn't exist without repeated infusions of $$ from hubby.   I don't know how close Teddi and John Mellancamp were when she was young, but if they were at all, I'd imagine any conversation about musicians she and Erika know/met/etc. would be hilariously one-sided.  Yeah, it's not Teddi's career, but still.....

Ericka made it known right away she wasn't impressed by the John Mellencamp connection by saying, "you aren't defined by your father" and then making the point she didn't have a father (i.e., and look where I am.") Because she is so superficial, Teddi's lack of interest in material stuff and how she looks bores her. She made a snide comment when the were gambling about deciding her budget and sticking with it. even if it was 10. At first I thought Ericka was jealous because of her raging daddy issues. But it seems like Teddi has daddy issues herself, and I don't know think she saw her dad that much growing up. She has access to a trust to buy homes, but otherwise, she really doesn't have that much money, and to me, Ericka can tell this and she looks down on her. My biggest question, is why does Teddi want to live in Beverly Hills? It's like going to a Catholic Church regularly and then insisting you don't give a shit about religion. Well, why are you there? 

• Love 6

Ericka made it known right away she wasn't impressed by the John Mellencamp connection by saying, "you aren't defined by your father"

Or maybe it was a way of saying "You are more than only John Mellencamp's daughter, you are your own person as well"? Which isn't necessarily a bad thing or a sign of not being impressed.

She has access to a trust to buy homes, but otherwise, she really doesn't have that much money, and to me, Ericka can tell this and she looks down on her.

So far I haven't seen anything to suggest Erika or any of the others look down on Teddi, comments about inappropriate serving glasses notwithstanding.

• Love 4
On 2/14/2018 at 12:58 PM, ivygirl said:

I’m convinced that, had Dorit not run her mouth, this could have been the conversation:

Teddi: Yeah, I thought it was weird that’s you left.

Erika: Well, I felt weird leaving, so we’re even.

Teddi (TH): it was super weird that she left. I said I didn’t mind if people stayed in a hotel.

Erika (TH): So it was weird. I think she’s weird for caring.

And then they could have dredged it up at the reunion.

But then there would be no discussion about the episode.  Dorit knows what she's doing.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

My biggest question, is why does Teddi want to live in Beverly Hills? It's like going to a Catholic Church regularly and then insisting you don't give a shit about religion. Well, why are you there? 

Where I live Catholics DON'T give a shit about religion.  They just like the Knights of Columbus and the forgiveness, I guess.  lol

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, bravofan27 said:

Ericka made it known right away she wasn't impressed by the John Mellencamp connection by saying, "you aren't defined by your father" and then making the point she didn't have a father (i.e., and look where I am.") Because she is so superficial, Teddi's lack of interest in material stuff and how she looks bores her. She made a snide comment when the were gambling about deciding her budget and sticking with it. even if it was 10. At first I thought Ericka was jealous because of her raging daddy issues. But it seems like Teddi has daddy issues herself, and I don't know think she saw her dad that much growing up. She has access to a trust to buy homes, but otherwise, she really doesn't have that much money, and to me, Ericka can tell this and she looks down on her. My biggest question, is why does Teddi want to live in Beverly Hills? It's like going to a Catholic Church regularly and then insisting you don't give a shit about religion. Well, why are you there? 

She may have said that, but I don't have to believe her - on either the Mellencamp connection or the budget.  I find it hard to imagine someone who takes her music "career" so seriously not being impressed with Mellencamp's decades long career.  Yep, it's not Teddi's career, but it is her family.  And Mr. Girardi seems to control the purse strings to a degree that's likely tighter than Erika wants to admit.

I haven't figured out Teddi either, no idea why she wants to be in Beverly Hills if she wants to ride and wear jeans all the time.  Her husband prefers it maybe? 

• Love 7

doritos husband manages boy george (does he perform anymore?) 

ericka has her own strange music career, and is obviously promoting it through the show.  at least she is hustling and (maybe) making some money.

teddi is the daughter of john mellenkamp, she wins in my book.  she has half his dna. can't buy that. her beach house is awesome and although it could be updated, maybe put 200-300k into it....she is on the f'n sand ...i'd trade that for beverly hills any day.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2018 at 8:01 AM, Lady of nod said:

Well that I get. I don't  like her either, and last season I couldn't stand her. I was referring to all the outrage expressed here over her leaving Teddie's. That I don't get. 

Yeah, I’m with you. I don’t like Erica, but this is the 2nd time that she has managed to really upset Teddy that I don’t understand(the first was in Vegas when she said she didn’t know her father). I get an entire list of reasons to dislike Erica, I just don’t get what Teddi’s specific reason is.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 3:05 PM, blondmommy said:

doritos husband manages boy george (does he perform anymore?) 

Yeah, I've noticed that BG seems to be the biggest celebrity client that PK manages.  I wouldn't think that percentage would keep Dorit in green juice smoothies, let alone finance that lifestyle.  Maybe BG is the only client that cares to be filmed.  The others may actually have careers.

• Love 2
On 19/02/2018 at 12:52 PM, WireWrap said:

That's fine but you tell your hosts upfront, Erika couldn't be bothered letting Teddi know, which was rude on her part. 

Agreed- just say that as much as she wants to come, she will be staying in a Hotel.

Dont lie and make yourself look like a Bitch.

Unless she wanted to be the center of attention because she is boring.

On another note- her DH looks so freakin old!

On 19/02/2018 at 8:42 PM, breezy424 said:

Tom rules that roost. 

He was totally disinterested in what she was saying. He wanted his soup.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Agreed- just say that as much as she wants to come, she will be staying in a Hotel.

Dont lie and make yourself look like a Bitch.

Unless she wanted to be the center of attention because she is boring.

On another note- her DH looks so freakin old!

He was totally disinterested in what she was saying. He wanted his soup.

Can't stop laughing.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, Mrs peel said:

She may have said that, but I don't have to believe her - on either the Mellencamp connection or the budget.  I find it hard to imagine someone who takes her music "career" so seriously not being impressed with Mellencamp's decades long career.  Yep, it's not Teddi's career, but it is her family.  And Mr. Girardi seems to control the purse strings to a degree that's likely tighter than Erika wants to admit.

I haven't figured out Teddi either, no idea why she wants to be in Beverly Hills if she wants to ride and wear jeans all the time.  Her husband prefers it maybe? 

Was eating in a great little restaurant yesterday, and a Mellencamp song came on....one I happen to love.  Erika wishes she could be mentioned in the same category as Mellencamp.  I laugh just thinking people believe she's talented.

• Love 10

I think Dorit is just desperate to stay on the show so will stir the pot however she can.  Why Lisa is falling for it is beyond me.  I felt Erika's pain as she was sitting there at the table the night before.  It sounds like she felt much worse by the evening, (sometime the pain meds work magic, sometimes they don't) and decided to go to the hotel instead.  Big deal.  Teddi's invite had said that people could stay in a hotel if they wanted.  Didn't that just mean that some of the ladies wouldn't have to share a bedroom?  Again, no big deal.  Erika was there at night and returned the next morning, she just missed the late night antics.  Dorit "having" to tell Erika (who was clearly still not doing well) was ridiculous.  I think by confronting everyone Erika was trying to nip it in the bud but instead it just poured gas on the situation.

So far we've had major drama with being late for drinks, not paying Lisa enough attention at dinner and now Erika's period?  Come on ladies you can do better than this.

• Love 2
(edited)

Lisa said on the next episode that Dorit and PK have friends outside the show and Lisa doesn’t want to be excluded from that group due to a falling out with Dorit. So Lisa’s more beholden to kiss Dorit’s butt due to external pressures outside the show.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 1

Why was there not more footage of the women drunkenly letting their hair down?  That's part of what makes RHoNY so magical and would be fun to see from this show as well. 

And who was Teddi talking to on the phone when she said, "I think she's at the gay bar" (at 10:30 am)??  I feel like this show leaves out so much that could be so interesting, and instead we're stuck with glassgate and lategate.  Yawn.   

• Love 1

My first viewing of this episode... My gawd, these women are petty. I can empathize with Erika. Before my hysterectomy, I covered every inch of the matress in pads each month. And I'm not talking puppy pads. Of course, this was in the guest room so I didn't bleed all over my husband. Gross!

• Love 1

I had to snicker every time Sonja (sexy j)said "Dorit" tonight instead of "Dor-eet" like everyone else says.  It was funny.  Ooh and LuAnn said that she thought " Dor-eet was a shit stirrer but after watching the whole thing, KYLE is the shit stirrer"..  Truer words have never been spoken.  THIS seems like the one and only constant on this shitshow..... KYLE stirs the turd.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Sounds like Erika needs to get a hysterectomy and be done with it. 

It was the best Valentine's Day gift I ever got, (seriously it was on VD), that and the morphine drip...I would do it all again just for that drip.

• Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I had to snicker every time Sonja (sexy j)said "Dorit" tonight instead of "Dor-eet" like everyone else says.

From now on I shall refer to her as "DOOR-it" as well. Love it.

Hearing the NYC cast commentary was a vast improvement to hearing Dorit and Garcelle reiterate their grievances in the previous two reruns.

I believe this was the season Rinna got shit from Andy and LVP about not getting involved in the drama, but I much preferred this Rinna, sloppy drunkenness and all.

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Even as a spectator Sonja was name-dropping and one-upping.

LOL I just watched a little bit of the show so far and noticed that. 

Also, did they do this last week as well? I know there was an episode with Dorit and Garcelle commenting. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They did two episodes with Dorit and Garcelle. I wonder who we get next week?

Thank you. I probably deleted the second one by mistake, thinking it was a rerun. Hopefully I didn't miss anything too interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Does this Sonja person talk this loudly on her show? I've never seen RHONY, and I'm not sure I'd want to if I have to put in ear plugs to watch it.

She is beyond annoying.  She's that person who thinks she is the life of the party, always drunkenly yelling and pursing her lips, but really she makes the party unbearable.  I cannot stand her on RHNY and not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to have her comment on RHBH.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7