Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef in the Media


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Frank Cardoz was one of my favorites from the Masters series.     He seemed like a lovely person, he will be missed. 

He was the reason I wanted to learn to cook beef rendang.  He made it in the finals, and I found the reverse braise so intriguing that I went to look for a recipe.  I had never even eaten it before so I don't know how well I reproduced it when I made it, but it was a great adventure thanks to Floyd.  So sad 😞

Link to comment

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/community/local-top-chef-offers-social-media-cooking-classes/283-f356deb5-f901-4623-bebe-587bd81ff175

Gregory Gourdet presented a cooking piece from his own kitchen.  I haven't seen it yet but you can get in on Facebook or Instagram.  It's free to watch but he's helping to raise money for Sage Hospitality Group (owners of the Portland restaurant where he is head chef) employees affected by coronavirus. 

  • Love 6
Link to comment

Just some information: Top Chef Canada started last night. Quickfire: cook something you would eat if stranded on a desert island. Elimination challenge: cook a meal representing the next decade. Zero drama. Zero footage of the house. All about the chefs and cooking. 

  • Love 6
Link to comment
1 hour ago, LeighLeigh said:

Just some information: Top Chef Canada started last night. Quickfire: cook something you would eat if stranded on a desert island. Elimination challenge: cook a meal representing the next decade. Zero drama. Zero footage of the house. All about the chefs and cooking. 

Where can I watch TC Canada?

Nevermind, my friend Google found it for me.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Awww my late sister who was not much of a foodie or cooking show fan always fangirled over Eric Ripert.

Oh, did you mean drooling about the food? 🤣

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 8
Link to comment
(edited)

I just remembered the existence of a very good Top Chef Podcast called Pack Your Knives, hosted by two sportscasters or journalists who cover Top Chef like a sport, beginning the season with a Fantasy Draft. They actually dined in at one of the restaurants in Restaurant Wars last season. Worth a listen. https://packyourknives.libsyn.com/

Edited by Fukui San
  • Love 9
Link to comment

On 5/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, FinnishViewer said:

Saw this article on AVClub regarding dining at Top Chef Restaurant Wars.

The thing in that one that make me involuntarily wretch was that there was a hair (in? on? hanging from the plate?) of the entree. DEALBREAKER.

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/dining/op-chef-recap-season-17-episode-8-restaurant-wars-2918286/

This reviewer also dined at RW, he revealed that it was at Kann, which I suspect was the case for the article cited above as well.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

The thing in that one that make me involuntarily wretch was that there was a hair (in? on? hanging from the plate?) of the entree. DEALBREAKER.

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/dining/op-chef-recap-season-17-episode-8-restaurant-wars-2918286/

This reviewer also dined at RW, he revealed that it was at Kann, which I suspect was the case for the article cited above as well.

I remember seeing that reviewer's table on the show, as I admired the pink jacket of one of the diners. Thanks for sharing the article!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 5/3/2020 at 12:18 PM, Fukui San said:

I just remembered the existence of a very good Top Chef Podcast called Pack Your Knives, hosted by two sportscasters or journalists who cover Top Chef like a sport, beginning the season with a Fantasy Draft. They actually dined in at one of the restaurants in Restaurant Wars last season. Worth a listen. https://packyourknives.libsyn.com/

This past episode with former winner Joe Flamm was great! ("Comfort & Chaos") Great insights like his read of Brian Malarkey using Top Chef to get future media appearances and his analysis of Restaurant Wars. The previous one with Eric Adjepong was also good. ("On the Double")

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 5/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, Fukui San said:

I just remembered the existence of a very good Top Chef Podcast called Pack Your Knives, hosted by two sportscasters or journalists who cover Top Chef like a sport, beginning the season with a Fantasy Draft. They actually dined in at one of the restaurants in Restaurant Wars last season. Worth a listen. https://packyourknives.libsyn.com/

Thanks for bringing my attention to this podcast. I've been listening to all of them this past week.

  • Love 1
Link to comment


On 5/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, biakbiak said:

Stephanie is very likeable and the fact she won the last challenge in a landslide has to give her a huge confidence boost.

4 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I caught this on the news the other night and finally looked for it online. Unbelievable and so sad!

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/chef-who-survived-covid-19-describes-watching-her-restaurant-be-looted-lit-on-fire-on-tv-84156485730

 

The destruction and looting is horrible.  

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 6/10/2020 at 2:13 AM, biakbiak said:

Tom started a podcast.

 

 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ashforth said:

@biakbiak thank you!

Same.  I might actually listen a time or too.  I do appreciate Tom C's food advocacy efforts.

Link to comment

6 hours ago, Seelouis said:

I love when the cheftestants get along and clearly like each other. Here is an Instagram post by the three finalists. 

 

Awww haha. Kevin could have never!

  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

9 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

This isn't a spoiler because I have no idea, but... Princess Cmar and the Kings? Did Stephanie come out on top?

Kings rank higher than a Princess. 😉

I highly doubt the name means anything in terms of who was named Top Chef. I'd bet the video was filmed before the finale was.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Excited for tonight, but I have to get up early to have an MRI in the morning so I anticipate missing a lot of good posts in the  moment. I'll have to catch up. *first world problems*

Link to comment
(edited)
17 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oh they are adorable!!!! Best final three ever!

They all seem to be pretty quiet and reserved people so this makes it extra cute 🥰

I *know* Melissa and Stephanie are capable of letting loose, but Bryan?  He needed this!   Regardless of who wins, they will have had a great journey and can look back on the experience fondly!

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Excited for tonight, but I have to get up early to have an MRI in the morning so I anticipate missing a lot of good posts in the  moment. I'll have to catch up. *first world problems*

If you're able to stay up late enough to watch the episode live tonight, don't forget that there's a Live Chat Episode Thread. Doesn't get more "in the moment" than that!

Good luck tomorrow.  May you get the results you're hoping for. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

If you're able to stay up late enough to watch the episode live tonight, don't forget that there's a Live Chat Episode Thread. Doesn't get more "in the moment" than that!

Good luck tomorrow.  May you get the results you're hoping for. 

Thanks @ProudMary! I expect to get a diagnosis of bulging discs in my cervical spine that are causing nerve impingement. I'm down with physical therapy and pain management. No surgery for me!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Thanks @ProudMary! I expect to get a diagnosis of bulging discs in my cervical spine that are causing nerve impingement. I'm down with physical therapy and pain management. No surgery for me!

I had a burst disc (C6/7) that impinged in a way that caused me to lose the use of my left arm for a few weeks. It was the worst pain I have ever had in my life. I did have surgery and after PT my arm is fine. I was lucky it was the lowest neck vertebrae so I didn't lose much range of motion. I wish you relief as soon as possible!

The videos the final 3 made are killing me - I will be so sad not to have these amazing, multi-talented people on my tv after this week.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...