Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Buddy's Missing

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tau's response about Whit preferring Todd's sperm was HYSTERICAL!   That one made me LOL.  I get it Tau.  (Is it Tal?  I thought Tau.  spelling?)  Anyone know?  Todd NO college and jobless.  No wonder he wanted to teach that class. lol  Tau has a masters.  He seemed genuinely ticked too.  lol 

It is Tal :)

10 minutes ago, John M said:

I'm sorry but has Todd even offered? I'm not sure why a gay guy would want to have a baby with a super-morbidly obese unemployed woman with reproductive problems. That is awfully presumptuous.

Talk about casting a pearl necklace before swine.

13 minutes ago, John M said:

I'm sorry but has Todd even offered? I'm not sure why a gay guy would want to have a baby with a super-morbidly obese unemployed woman with reproductive problems. That is awfully presumptuous.

I couldn't see Todd going along with the idea just based on his personality. He's the only one who actually sets boundaries with Whitney...and insists on her respecting them.

3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I'm sure Glenn's nasty comment about catching a man and giving him grandchildren was scripted or at least suggested, but that doesn't mean it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. There's something really messed up about people thinking pets are a substitute or consolation prize or a placeholder for having kids. They're different. Some want both, some want neither, and some want only one. And he can still kiss my ass for the sentiment, scripted or not.

Hey. You become TLC's bitch you jump when TLC says you jump.  These people sold their soul. 

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If you're legit concerned and have not heard from the tenant, a welfare check would be in order. Usually law enforcement is contacted but hey, this is tv and obviously scripted. 

My son used to manage a large apartment facility in Seattle. A relative of a tenant called, worried, and asked for a welfare check. My son called the police and opened the door for them. The guy was dead.  On the up side - the relative gave us a lot of his non-perishable food.

I'm confused - all the commercials had Whit going upstairs to look for Buddy, then it was like 5 minutes of the show. I feel mislead and betrayed.

What the heck was up with the friend's voice on the video chat? The one with the cat to give away?  I could barely understand what she said - she sounded like a cartoon character! Did she tell Whitney at the end to "be wicked"??!!

Random thoughts:
? What a relief that MBFFL is back to one hr; it was exhausting to hate-watch Twit for double that. I don't see how her "family & friends" can be around her for more than a few minutes.
? Oliver the cat (aka Ollie) is fine. Twit has pictured him in SM, as an adult, several times. Combed, he is not scruffy-looking at all. In fact, I think Twit ID'd him as a specific breed.
? For 3 yrs Buddy has lived in an unventilated, small attic storage room, not connected to the house's central HVAC, so he has been dependent on an A/C probably jerry-rigged into a hole in the wall since I doubt the space has a window. And now that A/C is broken, in NC's hot, muggy climate; and his landlord has refused to replace it. Gee, I wonder why he's moving out?
? I see Twit's dance studio is slowly once again a place to store junk -- bike, folding table, etc. Most expensive storage space ever.
?An interpretive dance at a birth blessing ceremony to "suckle at the teat of mutual admiration and love"? Twit forced Todd to cuddle her butt, stood up & raised her arms to the garage ceiling, then shouted: "I LOVE it! Don't YOU love it?" That's it, Twit? That's as much "dance" as you can manage? I just know Ashley will LOVE it, too.
? For the amazing opportunity to be on the cover of a neighborhood penny-saver, Twit is in her (apparently favorite) Torrid outfit. Way to advertise your own clothing line, Twit.
? What are we supposed to make of Babs' confession that she's partial to "brown-toned men"? That she's an equal opportunity vixen?
? Can anyone look at Twit in this episode & not think she has gained about a 100 #s since S-1? When she sank on the couch in her sports bra & leggings & her bare midriff sorta flowed down over her waistband, it was particularly apparent how big she is now.
? After weeks of rancor, Twit turns Todd around with her Venn diagram. Gee, if the whole brouhaha had not been so scripted, I'd think Todd was a really easy mark.
? Heather sez, "Walking up the stairs is really scary." Well, of course it is, you nitwit. You've allowed yourself to get behind a quarter-ton of unstable fat who can barely move, much less climb stairs with ease.
? And hasn't the crew gotten cagey about how they film Twit on stairs?
? I have no doubt that Todd will happily allow Tal be Twit's sperm donor. And given Twit's sexual desperation, she ain't gonna let Tal squirt into a jar.
? I wish Ashley would just give birth already. The whole story arc is a crashing bore.
? Driving a golf cart is NOT exercise. If you're not walking a course, there's zero exercise. Putting, where you barely move any part of your body, takes about 36-40 strokes. So if you're an average golfer with a score of maybe 120, you have vigorously swung the club some 80 times over 3-4 hours. THAT is not exercise.
? Were this real & not "reality," Twit would have been forced to buy a shirt in the shop before hitting the first tee. And once the staff saw her swing at that tee, they would have thrown her out then & there. No course allows someone with no experience whatsoever to nuisance their members & tear up their course.
? Glenn sez: "When I want her to do something, I usually bribe her and that usually works." It's obvious, from what your 33-yr-old daughter has become, that you've been parenting like this since she was a toddler.
? The whole golf course bit was so phony. Glenn needs to get Twit alone to bribe her into a 5K in Hawaii. Right. Since there aren't a dozen or so 5Ks every weekend within 50 miles of Greensboro. And a 5K every 3 yrs will sure shape Twit up.
? Being Ashley's birthing coach is "a lot of pressure." Probably as much as the pressure of renting a table over a parking lot for the parents' last wedding anniversary.
? Babs has always wanted to go to Hawaii. How sad that she & Glenn have been so financially pinched for 40 yrs that they never could afford it before.

? I'd give Twit a pass for invading Buddy's space if she hadn't waited so long. As soon as his voice mail filled up, she should have checked to see if he was in distress -- or worse.

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Perhaps I am foolish, but, I'm genuinely concerned over Buddy.  Did anyone think to see if he was showing up at his job?

Since he was on a cruise a couple of months after filming concluded, I think you can quit being concerned.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tau's response about Whit preferring Todd's sperm was HYSTERICAL!   That one made me LOL.  I get it Tau.  (Is it Tal?  I thought Tau.  spelling?)  Anyone know?  Todd NO college and jobless.  No wonder he wanted to teach that class. lol  Tau has a masters.  He seemed genuinely ticked too.  lol 

They pronounce it like Towel, so that’s what I thought it was for the longest time.

16 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

What I know about golf could also fit in a thimble...but I still knew what a TEE TIME WAS! Twit's face lights up - "Tea time?" NO, Twit, not time to eat and have tea, time to GOLF. She seriously can't be that stupid

She has GOT to know what tee time is ( I am not a golfer, I don’t watch golf, yet I know what it is as do most people) and she has GOT to know the stereotype that is reinforced by her fake interpretation  of his comment as meaning teatime.  Just like wanting to eat placenta reinforces that stereotype. That stereotype is that fat people do nothing in their lives at all but think about eating anything that is not nailed down.   The same stereotype that she says she’s trying to combat.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Dot said:

Glenn sez: "When I want her to do something, I usually bribe her and that usually works." It's obvious, from what your 33-yr-old daughter has become, that you've been parenting like this since she was a toddler.”

God, Dot, I thought exactly the same thing when he said that.

15 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

Was anybody else hoping to see Whitney do the Steven-Assanti-Flip-Out-Of-The-Golf-Cart-Onto-Your-Butt-Move?  

*raises hand*

... and imaging the Benny Hill theme song (Yakkety Sax?) playing in the background, as in a brilliant gif that someone in the 600# Life forum created.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m curious - is it even safe for Whitney to run a 5k? I doubt she could walk more than a few blocks. Does Glenn honestly think she’s in a position to do that? Her extreme laziness aside, Whitney is far to unhealthy to try to do something like ‘couch-to-5k’. I think we’d have an unscripted visit to the ER. 

Also, why was Whitney so surprised that Ashley and her BF are still having sex?

Is waddling considered running?

3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Re: sex while hugely pregnant, it is quite easy to do doggy-style. Don't ask me how I know this.

I won’t ask you how you know this as long as you don’t ask why Mr. Judgey was so happy when I was a week and half overdue with our kiddo...

• Love 2

Okay, Whitney's flying all the way to Hawaii.  How in the world can she use a bathroom on an airplane? 

I think Babs didn't want another pet because she's overwhelmed with that pig she bought.  After the stroke she's probably finding it more difficult to deal with the pets she already has~

I was impressed with the attic room in Whitney's house.  It's quite nice, but I can see why she didn't want to use that room.  Actually why in the world did she buy that house in the first place?  There are plenty of one floor houses in North Carolina.

2 hours ago, PityFree said:

They pronounce it like Towel, so that’s what I thought it was for the longest time.

And who can forget when Twit mortified Tal -- while braying -- just after he said how much he adored Babs by telling a story about her once saying to Babs, "I'm gonna go get a towel." And Babs saying, "I don't want that boy in my house today."

BTW: As I reported above, Ollie is fine. But has anyone seen Steve Purrwin -- these names are so stupid -- lately? He's the orange male she picked up in a park. Did she dump him back in the park?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Okay, Whitney's flying all the way to Hawaii.  How in the world can she use a bathroom on an airplane? 

I was impressed with the attic room in Whitney's house.  It's quite nice. . .

There are plenty of one floor houses in North Carolina.

That's a very good point. But she must manage somehow cuz she's flown all over the world, incl. all the way to Russia.

It's a finished attic storage room & never really meant for use as a bedroom. (There was some conversation about that when Twit & Buddy were first looking for a rental in S-2.) It is zoned, I believe, as a one-story house.

• I have been golfing at my in-laws country club several times and there is a dress code for the club and course.  I couldn’t believe they allowed Whitney to dress like that.
  • I’m sorry as a Native Hawai’ian I was offended by Babs “brown-toned men” comment. It seem to fetishize a whole people.  Shouldn’t she know this after countless hours of Whitney blabbering about not wanting to be a fetish? Oh yeah, except for Avi then it was ok.
  • Glenn’s pet/children comment was probably producer prompted, but I do think he probably feels this way. I do think he feels a woman should be married and have children.  I also think he feels if Whitney gets married she becomes hers husband’s problem.
  • So Im supposed to be shocked because we can see the floor of Buddy’s room? I expected the room to be completely empty.  Lackluster findings.  Wow! A grown man cleaned his room.  How much of a slob is Buddy that this is SHOCKING?  If you are that worried about him why don’t you just go get a drink at the bar, where he works, and see if he’s still alive.  If he’s not at work then reach out to his family.  The only thing I learn from the subpar Jessica Fletcher sleuthing of the dynamic duo was that nobody wants to sleep in a hot attic and Buddy is normally a slob.  Also, why was more time spent on diapering a cat and being on a neighborhood newsletter than if Buddy was alive.  Why are Whitney and her brother in the newsletter, they don’t live there.
Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, aliya said:

I'm confused - all the commercials had Whit going upstairs to look for Buddy, then it was like 5 minutes of the show. I feel mislead and betrayed.

Especially when I looked at the on-screen guide, and next week's episode is Buddy's Secret.
A nothing episode.

2 hours ago, Dot said:

Random thoughts:

? What are we supposed to make of Babs' confession that she's partial to "brown-toned men"? That she's an equal opportunity vixen?

I cannot tell you how uncomfortable that was to hear. All I could think about was Miss Ann and Mandingo.  I wouldn't care if she said she wanted to see some half-naked young men on the beach, but the repeated brown-skinned comments just rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I think Babs didn't want another pet because she's overwhelmed with that pig she bought.  After the stroke she's probably finding it more difficult to deal with the pets she already has~

I was impressed with the attic room in Whitney's house.  It's quite nice, but I can see why she didn't want to use that room.  Actually why in the world did she buy that house in the first place?  There are plenty of one floor houses in North Carolina.

It's an attic. IMO that's a one-story house. Apparently the city of Greensboro thinks it's a one-story. Note they have the attic as unfinished. 

image.jpeg

Edited by AUJulia
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I cannot tell you how uncomfortable that was to hear. All I could think about was Miss Ann and Mandingo.  I wouldn't care if she said she wanted to see some half-naked young men on the beach, but the repeated brown-skinned comments just rubbed me the wrong way. 

That's pretty much how I felt about some of her comments when she was attending a Gay Pride celebration. Those rubbed me the wrong way. Condescending, check. But something even more in the subtext of her remarks about "those others," I think.

23 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Whitney could never even walk the first hole.  I think Glenn would have had a hard time fitting in the cart with her.  The only way Whitney could play golf is by playing it on WE.  I’ve seen on my 600 pound life that some of these people consider that exercise.  

I like/liked Buddy and I hope he’s getting his life together.  I know I might be in the minority here but I totally enjoy Glenn and Babs.  They are clearly so in love it each other and that’s nice to see.  They are still attractive now but seeing the younger pictures, they were a really attractive couple.  It must be hard for them to see what’s become of Whit.

I love Glenn and Babs, they are adorable. They obviously care and worry about their daughter, they paid for Will, and Glenn brouht her some healthy food and portion containers few seasons ago, and this season there is a scene where Babs and Glenn where discussing Twit and voicing concerns over her health, i actually felt bad for them. And I  feel like Glenn should be retired already, but be is supporting his adult childens so... 

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 8:11 PM, PityFree said:

Why are they using a golf cart at all???? You’d think Glen would want her to get the walking exercise.

Her feet would leave divots. 

On 1/23/2018 at 8:42 PM, John M said:

We are all aware this is a neighborhood newsletter, right? Is someone confused about what that is?

Imma gonna start a newlestter for my neighborhood and put my image on the front page. I just don't know what to name it - the snobette? The lifted nose? The I hale from the Mayflower and you don't!  Hmmm

Aren't there golf courses that require you to use a cart so the line moves faster and more people can play?

As to the property description, she did some remodeling soon after she bought the house (all the white rugs the guys weren't allowed to walk on).  Maybe the attic was redone then.  At any rate, her property taxes will go up the next time an assessor comes knocking.

11 hours ago, MegD said:

In a lot of ways, I can understand Babs's rejection of the kitten. As she pointed out, she has several pets right now.

My husband 'surprised' me with a Rottweiler puppy when our youngest was 6 months old (and was not sleeping through the night, and we had a 5yo and both worked FT jobs - he's a bonehead). TOTALLY understand Babs not wanting another responsibility, especially not being fully recovered from the stroke.

1 hour ago, AUJulia said:

It's an attic. IMO that's a one-story house. Apparently the city of Greensboro thinks it's a one-story. Note they have the attic as unfinished. 

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I suspect it's still listed as "unfinished" because: (1) the remodel to finish it was done without getting the appropriate certificates or (2) half of it is still unfinished. Buddy's room seemed too small to be the full attic.

OMG that Cameron woman's voice woke my cat up, she is staring at the TV with a WTF expression. 

I also loved Ashley's sarcastic "yea that's the problem" when Twit said "there's no tail hole that's the problem."

i also got excited thinking Whit was not invited to the shoot.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

OMG. I didn’t even think about that. Yikes!! Maybe she will have to do the adult diaper thing. Do they come in jumbo?  EWW

Good Luck Daddyo getting that heifer to do ANYTHING you want her to do.... Major props for trying but nah... You have a full blown  narcissist on your and Bab's hands.  Get some professional help for yourselves NOW.

Funny that the most interesting part of the season is the whereabouts of BUDDY.

Just goes to show you, Whitster is infinitely boring, all by her fat ass self.

• Love 1

Ok..as a long time golfer, I can't believe a course let Whitney dress like that on the course. 

I wondered about that.  Haven't been on a golf course since college, but there were rules.

I kept waiting for someone to tell her to quiet down on the golf course. My dad used to be a golf starter at a pretty nice country club. First time I visited him there he cautioned me that the golfers were serious about their game and hated nothing more than having their concentration broken by a loud braying laugh.

Felt badly for the kitty and was surprised Babs rejected it.  That seemed out of character for her.  

Whitney's internal logic makes no sense to me. Her mother's health is in such precarious condition that she has to give up a fantastic career opportunity to come home and help her (which we don't actually see her do but whatever). But flip side, her mother is plenty healthy enough to get her a kitten that needed some intense grooming right off the bat and might take some time to be litter trained, etc.? I was glad that Babs didn't fall for the old "oh just give it 24 hours and see how you feel" trick. I think she had a lot of support for Glenn on that one too.

Now they need to find a proper home for the pig. Pigs are not meant to live in suburban backyards. 

In other news, I'm finding I like Babs's hair in this episode and the last. It seems fuller and less layered? I can't quite figure out how it's different but it is and I think it looks nice.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1

1.  As a couple other people have mentioned, how in the world is Whitney Weigh More going to handle an 8-10 hour flight?  She will barely fit even in two seats.  Her legs and stomach are too big to sit for all those hours and she will NEVER fit in the bathroom.  She could never fit her girth in them.

2.  Does this trip to Hawaii mean we will all be subjected to scenes of Twit shopping for a bikini and her wandering the beaches in Hawaii with those 100lb ea thighs?

3.  If she is so fit and can do a 5K, why the hell is she so afraid of doing it again?  

4.  OMG that "dance" she "choreographed" with Todd for the uterus cleansing party is fucking ridiculous. That was a dance?  She doesn't dance, she shakes her belly jelly and moves her arms.  That is it dancing.  "The Conception", "The Germination"?  What the hell is she thinking.  The best thing her and Todd had ever done? LOL

5. According to the sequence of events Ashley is about 7 months pregnant during the Avi debacle.  Anyone know when Ashley actually had her baby and if the timeline matches.

6. Her bringing that cat while her parents are being interviewed and photographed for the Community Paper......she shows up late, and just barges in front of the camera to present the cat to Babs...she can't even find a better time to do that?  Nope, she jumps in and shoved the cat at her Mom and turns with a big smile at the camera...how do you spell narcicissist?

7.  I watched the episode when she collapsed at the dance marathon (I had never seen it).  That episode was Twit Gold!!!  In the hospital she tells the dr she had a heart murmur (thought she was healthy).  Whit failing miserably on the ski slope and yelling at the cameramen to help her!   LOLOLOLOL. Then she is floating in the hot tub like a blow up rubber whale.  You couldn't even see Lennie behind her! Then she says she has beat The Diabetes cause her levels went down. BS BS.  And the session with Will going up and down 8 flights of stairs and she did it in like 5 mins or something!  Again BS BS BS.  There was also a scene where she was waking up and she had a C-Pap machine on her......and she is HEALTHY    Great episode, I laughed through the whole thing.

• Love 1

I love how when her parents invited her to go to Hawaii and Glenn brought up the 5k Whitney sulked and said something like "I'm not gonna be happy about it....". Seriously?! For a free trip to Hawaii I'd do far more than just agree to a 5k (and I'm VERY out of shape!)

I really hope Glenn's comments about cats/grandchildren/chasing a man were scripted, I don't feel like being single with cats in your 30's is THAT big of a deal. Now, having Whitney's personality and denial about her unhealthy weight/lifestyle and always needing to be the center of attention at her age is, yes, pathetic. Also, having kids seems far easier than it actually is in reality for a lot of women. That's the one thing I'll have an ounce of sympathy for Whitney, I have endometriosis so I can't get pregnant easily either, so it does get annoying when people are always wondering when I'll finally have kids. That's about how far my sympathy goes, though.

That girl Cameron's voice...UGH. So apparently there is someone who may actually have a more annoying voice than Whitney's?

When Whitney was referring to a cat as a "twerty", I didn't get that at all. Was she referring to a tortie? Which is not just a cat, it's a cat with a specific coloring. But of course she has to have her own (completely off) explanation as to what a tortie (or "twerty") is.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Thanks for the info. I suspect it's still listed as "unfinished" because: (1) the remodel to finish it was done without getting the appropriate certificates or (2) half of it is still unfinished. Buddy's room seemed too small to be the full attic.

I've seen it a lot in tract homes, it's called a "bonus" room. Appraisal districts tend not to be very on the ball with things, it's probably not listed as anything because there was no particular reason to nor did it fit any category.

31 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

I really hope Glenn's comments about cats/grandchildren/chasing a man were scripted, I don't feel like being single with cats in your 30's is THAT big of a deal. Now, having Whitney's personality and denial about her unhealthy weight/lifestyle and always needing to be the center of attention at her age is, yes, pathetic.

It's not really that though, I had a rough breakup and was going through some depression in my late 20s, by 30 I was very happily single with my dog by choice, there is nothing wrong with that. But Whit is not happily single, she is unhappy and constrained by her life choices but appears to have no interest in changing them or personal development so she is just a sad lonely cat lady.

I have an amazing partner now though, not by stalking men on dating apps and whining about how lonely I was but by just living my life, pursuing my interests, bettering myself and generally just not trying to find a man to fulfill me but developing my independence. One day I invited a couple of people to go to an art show, two wanted to come, one had to bail at the last minute and that little "This looks fun, does anyone want to come with me" became an unintentional but incredible first date with the guy that quickly my best friend/boyfriend and now partner.

Edited by John M
  • Love 3

Why is Whitney so upset about the 5k when she was just the bastion of health in the last episode?  She couldn’t get enough of walking and plopped Nada on a folding chair and waddled off to complete her Olympic-like Chariots of Fire

22CE1072-358C-4215-89FD-6728D581039D.gif.fd083682fcb7f796e4cc4b4aedb8fba0.gif

I honestly think Glenn is frustrated he’s in his 70s and still taking care of Whitney.  I really think he wants to marry her off to relieve himself of the emotional and financial duties of keeping her in check.  Of course all this enabling over the years is half her problem.

• Love 4
On 1/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, spankydoll said:

They need a new script writer then. They could just rehash old plots from I Love Lucy and Laverne and Shirley.  

This conjured up such a great new series in my mind for Whitney!  Some episodes could include;

1.  Whitney decides to give another themed party in her home and she dresses up as Superman.  However, when the real Superman appears,       Whitney is forced to climb out onto the window ledge.........wait, nope.  Window ledge too narrow, Whitney can't fit thru the window.

2.  Whitney hosts another cruise for her adoring fans but decides to go ashore to sniff her cat's breath one last time.  She misses the boat and has to be lowered by a rope aboard the ship by a helicopter.........wait, nope.  Helicopter?  Rope?  Whitney?

3.  Whitney cannot find her passport and wants desperately to join her barnacles on a trip to Europe.  She jokingly hides in an old steamer trunk in order to sneak into Europe.   Again, nope......an armoire maybe, but no way a trunk.

4.  Whitney and Todd get jobs as candy wrappers in a chocolate factory and get behind on the assembly line.  Whitney is forced to eat most of the chocolates in order to keep up.  BINGO!  And we have a winner.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Check and check.

I do believe that Whitney most likely didn't realize Roy was gay.  Otherwise she'd have been pushing the "ow, woe is me, I drove a man to become gay, whatever will I do!" storyline.

Don’t give her any ideas, you know she lurks here, lol!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gigiann said:

4.  OMG that "dance" she "choreographed" with Todd for the uterus cleansing party is fucking ridiculous. That was a dance?  She doesn't dance, she shakes her belly jelly and moves her arms.  That is it dancing.  "The Conception", "The Germination"?  What the hell is she thinking.  The best thing her and Todd had ever done? LOL

I can't even say it's the most embarrassing thing she's done, because there are so many, but it's up there.
And take a look at the 600 Lb Life episode on Alicia.  I'm not the only one who thinks she resembles Whit, or vice versa.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Right.  She’s unable to climb stairs, yet we’re supposed to believe that she’s capable of doing a 5k at the drop of a hat.

• Love 1