Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But are you doing an hour of cardio a day while eating a very low calorie diet?  And using detox teas?  Because that is what Teddi is peddling.  I know the detox tea thing is part of the initial period and not something included in the ongoing maintenance part of her program, but once you introduce BS like that, I'm out.  Her whole plan in suspect in my mind by that.

I'm with you on the BS tea but the meal for lunch is fine. Yes I have to exercise daily. I do more weights with cardio. The only way I can maintain is to remain strict.  I've been up and down hundreds of pounds through the years and have maintained for 6 years. 

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm formerly obese.  I didn't do it by starving my body by eating 500 calories a day as a jumpstart.  I did it by changing lifestyle habits.  And with the exception of the Covid 12 pounds I put on* and since taken off, I've maintained my weight for 2 years.  

And those habits didnt include pretending garnish was a meal.  They did include giving up sugar drinks.  Like Mexican Coca Cola in a glass bottle, made with real sugar.

If I'm going to eat a taco, I'm eating a taco.  And if I ate what Teddi calls a "taco", I'm calling it what it is: fancy garnish.

*It was the fault of Cinnamon Pineapple Margaritas......During the pandemic house clean up, I came across 2 bottles of unopened tequila.  I had to decide whether to pour them down the drain or Happy Hour starting at The Kitchen and then bar hopping to The Backyard.  I went with barhopping in the drinking district known as Casa de Dosodog.

I thought the debate about extended 500 calorie-a-day fat restricting dieting was long over, with the conclusion being: it's bad, don't do it. It causes health problems.  I don't understand how she's peddling this now, since there's pretty much a scientific consensus that this isn't the way to go.

I guess it's a case of why let the truth get in the way of your agenda?

• Love 19
32 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm formerly obese.  I didn't do it by starving my body by eating 500 calories a day as a jumpstart.  I did it by changing lifestyle habits.  And with the exception of the Covid 12 pounds I put on* and since taken off, I've maintained my weight for 2 years.  

And those habits didnt include pretending garnish was a meal.  They did include giving up sugar drinks.  Like Mexican Coca Cola in a glass bottle, made with real sugar.

If I'm going to eat a taco, I'm eating a taco.  And if I ate what Teddi calls a "taco", I'm calling it what it is: fancy garnish.

*It was the fault of Cinnamon Pineapple Margaritas......During the pandemic house clean up, I came across 2 bottles of unopened tequila.  I had to decide whether to pour them down the drain or Happy Hour starting at The Kitchen and then bar hopping to The Backyard.  I went with barhopping in the drinking district known as Casa de Dosodog.

You are you. I can't do that. Consider yourself lucky.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, princelina said:

This is what I don't approve of.  At all.  Now I have to hate Edwin too 😫

And Teddi talks so much crap about Aaron's treatment of women and implied it's antifeminist not to go to travel to see a bitchy coworker perform. Isn't giving out a woman's personal number in order to be harassed the total opposite of supporting women? I can't imagine a situation where I've felt the need to do that. Is Emily fair game for talking about Teddi's business? It certainly doesn't sound like Edwin is a gentleman who's protective of women, just his wife and her business. 

14 hours ago, Marley said:

Teddi had a post on ig and it was a clip from her podcast. Anyways she must’ve been getting ripped apart in the comments cause she turned them off.

Also who the hell listens to a podcast done by Teddi Mellencamp lol.

lol Listening to Brandi nonstop would probably raise my blood pressure, but at least she's an entertaining bitch. 

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

IANAL, but this program is so batshit insane that I could imagine the court siding with you for a refund because you didn't text back an appropriate photo in the correct window of time.  Especially if your "failure" happened because of a real emergency.  That being said, Teddi is banking on the women internalizing this as their own fault and not attempting to get a refund.  The program is designed for the average participant to fail, but I don't think Teddi realizes this.  This is what worked for Teddi to lose weight, so in her mind this is what works for everyone.  Teddi has shown that she has a hard time understanding another person's thought process.  Look at the way she attacked Erika in France because Erika was not bothered by something that bothered Teddi.  I don't see the program as malicious or a money-grab.  Teddi is trying to share how she lost weight and make money, but she is kinda dumb and this is the result--a program that will only work for people who think just like Teddi and have the same goals as Teddi.  

You nailed it! 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

You are you. I can't do that. Consider yourself lucky.

I walked the dog and thought about the tone of my posts and whether I was able to say what I wanted to say without diminishing someone else's accomplishments. 

I'm sorry.  I have opinions, but it doesn't mean I have to be judgemental and snotty. Particularly because I know the weight struggle.  There was no acknowledgement or support for you and I apologize for that also.

Sometimes I'm an asshole.  This was one of those times.  I am sorry for being snotty, judgemental, unsupportive and an asshole.

• Love 18

Ted is thin, but not skeletal enough to be actually be fully sticking to her starvation diet. I'm willing to bet there are brownies and doritas hidden deep in the closet that she secretly eats when the kids nap. I've never seen my skinny, eating disordered mother eat more than a few bites, then humble brag about how it's so good and she wishes she could eat more, but she's just soooo full. Yeah, saving room for that cookie she's going to shame eat behind closed doors. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, endure said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD60U4DBUgN/

This is a link to Teddi's instagram, there are two photos, the second one a video where she is pointing out her faults.  Honestly all she ever talks about on her platform is herself, I actually think she's obsessed to the point of being an anorexic or something similar, I'm not sure what this disease is called.  It's not just her, there are so many women on instagram like her.  It's not about being healthy, looking good, we all want that.... it's about creating what they think is a perfect body, face, outfit etc.  It's all really strange and sad that these women who have a platform and could actually do some good for others are just so vapid.

I think what you are referring to in your post is body dysmorphia, where someone focuses on perceived flaws in their appearance.  It is a mental disorder that usually leads to or is associated with anorexia and bulimia.  

But, what I've bolded here is that I don't think that Teddi has EVER worn the perfect outfit.  She really does not have a fashionable bone in her body, nor does she have any type of personal flair with accessories, etc.  I've seen Teddi look nice, but nothing she wears blows me away in a good or bad way.  She's also looked awful in sooo many outfits.  If anyone on this show could benefit from hiring a personl stylist, it is Teddi.  Hey - maybe someone can start a "fashion accountablity" company and Teddi can text them everyday with everything she is wearing.  They can text back and yell at her "NO....DO NOT WEAR THAT!!"

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I went with barhopping in the drinking district known as Casa de Dosodog.

LOL you def made a good choice, sometimes you just have to have some fun.  Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance and your continued success, reward yourself, if you did it with Teddi it would have cost you thousands 🤑

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think what you are referring to in your post is body dysmorphia, where someone focuses on perceived flaws in your appearance.  It is a mental disorder that usually leads to or is associated with anorexia and bulimia.  

But, what I've bolded here is that I don't think that Teddi has EVER worn the perfect outfit.  She really does not have a fashionable bone in her body, nor does she have any type of personal flair with accessories, etc.  I've seen Teddi look nice, but nothing she wears blows me away in a good or bad way.  She's also looked awful in sooo many outfits.  If anyone on this show could benefit from hiring a personl stylist, it is Teddi.  Hey - maybe someone can start a "fashion accountablity" company and Teddi can text them everyday with everything she is wearing.  They can text back and yell at her "NO....DO NOT WEAR THAT!!"

Thanks,  the irony is that she is attempting to show her faults which are so minor and yet even her presentation is showing off her body?  It's bizarre.  Same way these women put up photos of themselves looking gorgeous but it's all smoke and mirrors between the filters, the make-up, extensions, fillers, plastic surgeries etc.  They are doing such a disservice to women in general.  At one point anorexia was such a concern but it has gone so beyond that in recent years, it's really sad.

I agree Teddi does not fit in, it doesn't matter what she wears, if she uses a glam squad, what colour her hair is, she lacks presence to carry herself on TV and she always comes up lacking. In her defence, so would I probably.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, OdinO. said:

She has lost 80 lbs and maintained. So who is more experienced? She isn't underweight. So what's the problem? For some of us formerly obese, we have to eat very low calorie.  

Very low calorie is about 1200/day, not 500. That's starvation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Very low calorie is about 1200/day, not 500. That's starvation.

I'm morbidly obese, these extremely low calorie diets need to be supervised by a doctor. Personally, I've lost 31 pounds in 13 weeks doing keto and IF, and not counting calories 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 21
38 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm morbidly obese, these extremely low calorie diets need to be supervised by a doctor. Personally, I've lost 31 pounds in 13 weeks doing keto and IF, and not counting calories 

Congrats on the weight loss!

I used 1200 because that's what your body needs to properly function. People lose weight eating 1200 cal/day all the time. Going lower for any period of time gets dangerous.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Congrats on the weight loss!

I used 1200 because that's what your body needs to properly function. People lose weight eating 1200 call/day all the time. Going lower for any period of time gets dangerous.

I was thinking about Teddi's 500 calorie diet. I've seen that on "My 600 Pound Life." 1200 - 1500 seems pretty common for weight loss. But as you know it pretty much depends on how much you weigh to start. 

And, thank you. 😊

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I walked the dog and thought about the tone of my posts and whether I was able to say what I wanted to say without diminishing someone else's accomplishments. 

I'm sorry.  I have opinions, but it doesn't mean I have to be judgemental and snotty. Particularly because I know the weight struggle.  There was no acknowledgement or support for you and I apologize for that also.

Sometimes I'm an asshole.  This was one of those times.  I am sorry for being snotty, judgemental, unsupportive and an asshole.

Nah, not at all. It's just everyone is different.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Can you post the recipe for this margarita, or invite me over for some? I still have tequila, but wine has been my quarantine go-to... well always go to. Lol 

Also, congrats on your weight loss, can I send you a photos my dinner? I’ll pay you 560 dollars, it’s liquid...,and its surely not on any plan except maybe an “alcoholics” plan. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Screenshot_20200918-160150_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200918-160255_Instagram.jpgFrom my favorite Bravo blogger on Instagram, A Beautiful Snarky Mess. A nice succinct summation of the f*ckery going on.

Son of a drug trafficker...did not know that!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Can you post the recipe for this margarita, or invite me over for some? I still have tequila, but wine has been my quarantine go-to... well always go to. Lol 

Also, congrats on your weight loss, can I send you a photos my dinner? I’ll pay you 560 dollars, it’s liquid...,and its surely not on any plan except maybe an “alcoholics” plan. 

https://msrachelhollis.com/2014/08/29/pineapple-cinnamon-margaritas/

I would probably excel at encouraging people to eat more than not eat!

I do think one of the biggest contributors was Alexa and her unlimited juke box.  I try to dance for an hour every night. 

But not Rinna style dancing.  More Seinfeld Elaine dancing.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

Funny how Teddi calls Aaron an asshole for sticking up for Denise, and then her Edwin (who seems creepy to me, I mean that haircut!) goes ahead and publicly shares a private phone number. That takes asshole to a whole new level.

This should be a big red flag for production. If anyone goes up against Teddi the way that they went up against Denise, and this is the way Edwin handles people, well, he could potentially get them ALLIN an ugly legal situation. They should be dropping Teddi like a hot potato. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does Bravo benefit financially from Teddi's business? Do they get a percentage?

They should also be distancing themselves from Brandi from here on for similar reasons. It's just a matter of time before that little truth bomber explodes in their faces.

Edited by Happy Camper
Accidentally called Edwin by Aaron's name. Fixed.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21

Given the volume Teddi claims it's illegal as hell for her to be directing clients to label their membership fees as originating from Friends And Family. 

The category Goods And Services exists for many reasons, one of which is that the payment platform charges a middleman fee to the seller. Another reason is that the platform promises to protect buyers from unscrupulous merchants.

She advises mislabeling the purchase "to avoid service charges." Every client who follows that advice allows Teddi to avoid fees on transferred funds and disallows the buyer protection program!

And then Edwin publishes someone's private phone number in retaliation for exposing this charade? Pffftt.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 14
On 9/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, dosodog said:

Like Mexican Coca Cola in a glass bottle, made with real sugar

OH MY!  This is my most favorite drink on the entire planet!  I have one maybe every couple of months and I actually put it in the freezer for about 15 mins to make it true "icy" cold.  Dang it DOSODOG, now I am craving one! 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Funny how Teddi calls Aaron an asshole for sticking up for Denise, and then her Edwin (who seems creepy to me, I mean that haircut!) goes ahead and publicly shares a private phone number. That takes asshole to a whole new level.

This should be a big red flag for production. If anyone goes up against Teddi the way that they went up against Denise, and this is the way Aaron handles people, well, he could potentially get them ALLIN an ugly legal situation. They should be dropping Teddi like a hot potato. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does Bravo benefit financially from Teddi's business? Do they get a percentage?

They should also be distancing themselves from Brandi from here on for similar reasons. It's just a matter of time before that little truth bomber explodes in their faces.

Exactly. Is it sexy when her husband publicizes a woman's phone number? Asshole.

45 minutes ago, suomi said:

Given the volume Teddi claims it's illegal as hell for her to be directing clients to label their membership fees as originating from Friends And Family. 

The category Goods And Services exists for many reasons, one of which is that the payment platform charges a middleman fee to the seller. Another reason is that the platform promises to protect buyers from unscrupulous merchants.

She advises mislabeling the purchase "to avoid service charges." Every client who follows that advice allows Teddi to avoid fees on transferred funds and disallows the buyer protection program!

And then Edwin publishes someone's private phone number in retaliation for exposing this charade? Pffftt.

For all their talk of "the truth" and "honesty," there's obviously shadiness among all the mean girls. I thought Teddi might be the exception, but nope. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This should be a big red flag for production. If anyone goes up against Teddi the way that they went up against Denise, and this is the way Edwin handles people, well, he could potentially get them ALLIN an ugly legal situation. They should be dropping Teddi like a hot potato. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does Bravo benefit financially from Teddi's business? Do they get a percentage?

BRAVO gets money for businesses started after the housewives appear on the show. As I recall, they didn't do this originally and obviously regretted it when Skinnygirl blew up because the success of Skinnygirl was due almost entirely to being promoted on the show. Obviously Bethenny and her partners were shrewd as well but the amount of free promotion she got from ordering it in every episode was extremely valuable.

The housewives would have to exclude business in the contracts signed. For example, I doubt Bravo makes money from Vicki's insurance company because it would be a going concern. Maybe they also negotiate certain stuff like the Cut gym in terms of whether Bravo gets any take since it's more than just a book, record or licensing of a name.

Teddi's accountability would be in a gray area since theoretically she had the business before she started but apparently it grew tremendous after she was on the show since the first season it seemed as if she was some kind of one on one life coach and not a pyramid scheme peddling an expensive diet. It is interesting that the nature of Teddi's actual business was never discussed on the show at all as it was still vaguely billed as some kind of life coach aspirational goal versus what it really is which is a scam anorexic style diet plan and the life style coaching consists of texts from unqualified women telling you that you are eating too much and not exercising one hour.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Marley said:

Teddi had a post on ig and it was a clip from her podcast. Anyways she must’ve been getting ripped apart in the comments cause she turned them off.

Also who the hell listens to a podcast done by Teddi Mellencamp lol.

the same people who list Brandi Glanville's pod cast

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Choco9 said:

PLEASE let this be true, and let Rinna and Erika be next.

I try to avoid hoping for someone to lose his or her job, but in this case I hope Teddi does leave the show because she is boring, sanctimonious, judgemental, and annoying as fuck and that pink hair is bloody ridiculous. From what I've read, Bravo agrees and they're also not happy with all of the bad publicity surrounding All In and the fact that young women may attempt this seemingly dangerous diet. Wonder if she and her horrible husband will be able to maintain that brand new, keeping up with the whatever Maruico's last name is house.

I also hope that Rinna is next because she has brought nothing good to the show. She talks about being open, but what has she shared of her life besides her dimwit daughters? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
27 minutes ago, politichick said:

She talks about being open, but what has she shared of her life besides her dimwit daughters? 

She played Roxie in Chicago, and she will cut a bitch who talks about Harry Hamlin.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I would guess that the women who actually handed over $$$$ to Teddi to be bullied for not eating ice cubes all day EVERY day, would be the perfect people to turn her ass in to the BBB, the IRS, the State of California, etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

If this is true, then Teddi brought it on herself. She was given, imo, ample time to get the fans to like her, and she actually had that in her first season and squandered it by her terrible choices in horse backery.

Back when most viewers hated Dorit, Teddi enjoyed a lot of support (for all the wrong reasons, imo, but side issue!) for bringing the full power of her mean babysitter energy against Dorit. 

Oh well, I'm not going to celebrate (she types, popping a champagne cork -- kidding! No champagne in the house), but I can't say I would miss her on the show if she's not there.

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m kinda annoyed that Teddi got fired.  Sure I get that she was boring but she was relatively harmless, and her absence will now increase the percentage of toxicity within the group.

I found Teddi harmless initially, but she’s contributed to the toxicity two seasons in a row now imo. She’s not as bad as some of the others, but I think she still makes things worse. Even if she truly thought she was set up last season, she could have backed off Vanderpump while she was dealing with trauma. Even if her feelings were hurt by another cast mate allegedly saying awful things about her, she could have understood what was being done to Denise was still wrong. Teddi is nicer than the likes of Rinna, but nice enough to keep around just for the nice? Nah.  

• Love 17

Teddi's worst problem, tv-wise, is that she is indeed boring.  She couldn't even make it interesting when it was "all about her" with her event at the beginning of the season - just a boring old invitation to the others to come or not because she didn't care.  She did nothing to make me interested in her event; apparently there was nothing interesting to show us.  She's just a big who? who cares?

• Love 7

I know the Allin Plan discussion has been superseded by the exciting news of her possible permanent departure.

I would just like to weigh in (no pun intended) on what an incredible rip-off her plan is - besides being dangerous and ultimately ineffective in terms of weight loss.

I lost a lot of weight and I went to a psychotherapist who specialized in eating disorders. She was very well versed in nutrition as well because of her speciality. 

It was LESS expensive than Teddi's plan. I saw her once a week and we went over my weight and eating plans. We also did actual therapy including behavioral modification and cognitive therapy to learn actual coping skills. 

Yes I was "accountable" because I knew there was someone who I would be seeing every week to discuss the past week and the future - but in a therapeutic way and not in the form of the kind of "shaming" texts that seem to be what Allin thinks are inspiring. I do think being accountable in some way is helpful as long as it is done in a manner that inspires growth and not shame and disorder.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, amarante said:

I know the Allin Plan discussion has been superseded by the exciting news of her possible permanent departure.

I would just like to weigh in (no pun intended) on what an incredible rip-off her plan is - besides being dangerous and ultimately ineffective in terms of weight loss.

I lost a lot of weight and I went to a psychotherapist who specialized in eating disorders. She was very well versed in nutrition as well because of her speciality. 

It was LESS expensive than Teddi's plan. I saw her once a week and we went over my weight and eating plans. We also did actual therapy including behavioral modification and cognitive therapy to learn actual coping skills. 

Yes I was "accountable" because I knew there was someone who I would be seeing every week to discuss the past week and the future - but NOT in a therapeutic way and not in the form of the kind of "shaming" texts that seem to be what Allin thinks are inspiring. I do think being accountable in some way is helpful as long as it is done in a manner that inspires growth and not shame and disorder.

Exactly.

I served on the board of a non-profit that provided funding for people with eating disorders pay for hospitalization and support that insurance wouldn’t cover.

I find All In to be extremely dangerous because your body needs a certain amount of fuel (calories) a day to function properly.

Ironically, she’s actually interesting now because her crooked business practices coming to light.

Her lovely husband putting a woman’s personal phone number out is disgusting and disturbing.

• Love 16

If Teddi is truly being fired, then this is especially humourous.

“Not surprised,” Mellencamp replied to a fan during an Instagram Q&A about Richards’s departure. “I don’t know when and why the decision was made but anytime one person wants to be the ‘star’ of a show and control how they are portrayed when it’s about showing the truth as an ensemble it doesn’t end well.

At least Denise was part of the decision making upon her departure.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

Another article about Teddi, I won’t miss her a bit, even though she’s dull and drab I don’t consider her harmless, she is very malicious and interfering and she thinks she has a lot wisdom or something to offer. My favourite scene this season was with her daughter, she was disapproving of her Mum’s fashion choice lol.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/21/teddi-mellencamp-to-be-fired-from-rhobh-after-three-seasons/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

• Love 10

Kyle was the only person who liked her, so that probably didn’t help her fate on the show. I expect there was a lot left on the editing floor. Now I’m understanding why the others were always bringing up Kyle’s friendship with Teddi. Sounds like it wasn’t jealousy as much as they couldn’t figure out why Kyle liked her. 

I can. Teddi was Kyle’s flying monkey. But she's using her more than really liking her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10