Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

Yeah, I don't like or dislike Teddi (she's kind of just there most of the time), but that house is very fug looking. Hope they have a decent view, at least.

4 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

IIRC, the view is the reason they bought it. 

Yes. If you're standing on the beach looking at the house it's an eyesore. If you're in the house looking at the ocean it's probably quite breathtaking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I actually kind of like her house. I follow her on ig and the view is nice. The pool area seems not bad too.

I wasn't making fun of Teddy's house, even though it does look a bit messy from that outdoor view. It's a nice home and if she ever needs to rent out a room, I'd love to live there. 

• Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, chenoa333 said:

I wasn't making fun of Teddy's house, even though it does look a bit messy from that outdoor view. It's a nice home and if she ever needs to rent out a room, I'd love to live there. 

It's fugly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I think it is a nice house, but you can't look at it from the back.  It's very nice inside and does have great views.  I could never live there tho, it seems so precariously perched on the hillside, I would constantly worry about mudslides.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Teddi's house is not my style (I think Kyle's house, minus the horrible decorating by the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, is more my style) but I wouldn't call it fugly. I would constantly worry about earthquakes with it perched on a hill and I would be terrified of someone falling over the edge of the pool deck down into the canyon below. 

• Love 13

The rest of the color values in those exterior photos look accurate/realistic. I know shit from Shinola about color filtering. I guess you can adjust browns without changing blues and greens? Sometimes the siding looks orange and sometimes medium-dark brown. For some reason the interior is nothing I would expect from seeing the exterior. 

• Love 2
On 4/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, Happy Camper said:

Teddi's house.jpg

That is one scary home - Motel 6 (astroturf!) meets the site of a 90s cult suicide  ("The Accuntability community took the 600 calorie drink, believing the spaceship would soon arrive with their younger, firmer bodies - all too soon, their laughter turned to tears..." )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 21
  • Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, emma675 said:

Teddi's house is not my style (I think Kyle's house, minus the horrible decorating by the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, is more my style) but I wouldn't call it fugly. I would constantly worry about earthquakes with it perched on a hill and I would be terrified of someone falling over the edge of the pool deck down into the canyon below. 

Ditto. 

On another note, can someone explain how to post photos? lol

• Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 1:53 PM, emma675 said:

Kyle has a nice pool house but my favourite house was Yolanda's Malibu house. What a stunner. Her new house isn't too shabby either. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/612586/inside-rhobh-alum-yolanda-hadids-serene-pennsylvania-farm-featuring-a-garden-fire-pit-and-horse-stables/

• Love 5
On 8/8/2020 at 3:02 AM, Dutchgirl said:

Kyle has a nice pool house but my favourite house was Yolanda's Malibu house. What a stunner. Her new house isn't too shabby either. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/612586/inside-rhobh-alum-yolanda-hadids-serene-pennsylvania-farm-featuring-a-garden-fire-pit-and-horse-stables/

I don't care for her much, and I'm sure she has the best interior designers on hand to decorate, but she has the best taste of all of the housewives. Or let's say the best WASP taste. Everyone else looks kind of tawdry in comparison.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
On 8/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't care for her much, and I'm sure she has the best interior designers on hand to decorate, but she has the best taste of all of the housewives. Or let's say the best WASP taste. Everyone else looks kind of tawdry in comparison.

Yolanda Farm is gorgeous but then her old house with the lemon grove was beautiful as well

• Love 5
On 8/8/2020 at 4:02 AM, Dutchgirl said:

Not sure if the Teddi thread is the right place for this reply, yet we are talking about all houses so...

I agree that I looooved Yolanda’s Malibu house, it looked like living an absolute dream. I love her new farm house as well. I wish/would love/aspire to Yolanda’s homey aesthetic that is also clean lines, soft tones, non clutter, yet personal and lived in for a family. Kyle’s new house is beautiful for an old home with historic preservation. I love that Kyle’s homes also look lived in comfortable as a gathering place for her family. That said, I still prefer her old house to the new one. I really loved the vibe in that house— it was not necessarily the decor that I particularly noticed— it was the energy and flow. It was beautiful and lived in and I felt a lightness and happiness observing her family in that home and I looooved her pool and backyard. Perfect for entertaining outside. Inside, it was large enough for 5+ bedrooms with a room for a gym converted to a closet/glam room— so the House was quite large, yet didn’t feel huge inside. It felt warm around central hub of kitchen/dining/living room in to the back yard. I miss that house. Kyle’s energy feels different in the new house. Her energy does not feel as comfortable, settled, or grounded in this new home which can be due to a lot of reasons including the robbery, less children at home, different stage of life— yet some of it seems like it IS house energy related. 

Back to the Teddi topic, I don’t like Teddi’s house. Beautiful views, yet it feels rather sterile and cold. The AstroTurf on the balcony is a strange feel. The pool area looks great, yet it’s a weird set-up lower than the house and I don’t like that there is no yard at all. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

Not sure if the Teddi thread is the right place for this reply, yet we are talking about all houses so...

I agree that I looooved Yolanda’s Malibu house, it looked like living an absolute dream. I love her new farm house as well. I wish/would love/aspire to Yolanda’s homey aesthetic that is also clean lines, soft tones, non clutter, yet personal and lived in for a family. Kyle’s new house is beautiful for an old home with historic preservation. I love that Kyle’s homes also look lived in comfortable as a gathering place for her family. That said, I still prefer her old house to the new one. I really loved the vibe in that house— it was not necessarily the decor that I particularly noticed— it was the energy and flow. It was beautiful and lived in and I felt a lightness and happiness observing her family in that home and I looooved her pool and backyard. Perfect for entertaining outside. Inside, it was large enough for 5+ bedrooms with a room for a gym converted to a closet/glam room— so the House was quite large, yet didn’t feel huge inside. It felt warm around central hub of kitchen/dining/living room in to the back yard. I miss that house. Kyle’s energy feels different in the new house. Her energy does not feel as comfortable, settled, or grounded in this new home which can be due to a lot of reasons including the robbery, less children at home, different stage of life— yet some of it seems like it IS house energy related. 

Back to the Teddi topic, I don’t like Teddi’s house. Beautiful views, yet it feels rather sterile and cold. The AstroTurf on the balcony is a strange feel. The pool area looks great, yet it’s a weird set-up lower than the house and I don’t like that there is no yard at all. 

Yolanda's house was indeed specatacular. There have been so many gorgeous homes featured on the show. It's hard to say which one's my favorite. I totally agree about Kyle's homes though. There's a coziness to them. The old home may not have screamed wealth as much as some of the other homes we've seen on the show, but I agree about the energy. There really is something to it. There are some houses that scream rich, but I prefer houses that scream blessed. Maybe part of it is what we saw there-a beautiful family and Kyle saying she wasn't the richest, but the luckiest. I associated Kyle's old home with love and family. Due to its location and size, you know the people who live there have more than enough money. But while the house was cute, it wasn't the hugest or most stunning. It looked like a house for people to, as you say, LIVE IN. I agree I'm not necessarily most impressed by houses the bigger and fancier they are. There are some mansions that are so beautiful but almost feel like museums. Then there are others that still manage to be inviting. My favorite homes are the ones that are both beautiful and warm. 

• Love 6
On 8/12/2020 at 12:15 PM, Luckylondon said:

Kyle’s energy feels different in the new house. Her energy does not feel as comfortable, settled, or grounded in this new home which can be due to a lot of reasons including the robbery, less children at home, different stage of life— yet some of it seems like it IS house energy related. 

...that tacky neon sign in the entryway . . . 😄 

I don't feel like we've really even seen inside of Teddi's current house.  I liked the house where she had them all over for the potluck weekend.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Was that the same house? Sorry, I don't keep a spreadsheet detailing every move these women make.

If you are asking about Teddi's - no.  Her first season she lived in a house that opened right onto the beach which was when she invited the ladies to all come for a weekend and bring pot-luck and pretended that she was eager to be herself and didn't care about impressing anyone 😄   That was the house I liked.  It also had a nice yard where she tried to have her facial/spa party.  Then in a following season she said that Edwin had always admired that house hanging off the cliff, so when it came for sale they bought it and moved in.  But we have barely seen anything in that house besides Teddi bidding her kids farewell and leaving.

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, princelina said:

If you are asking about Teddi's - no.  Her first season she lived in a house that opened right onto the beach which was when she invited the ladies to all come for a weekend and bring pot-luck and pretended that she was eager to be herself and didn't care about impressing anyone 😄   That was the house I liked.  It also had a nice yard where she tried to have her facial/spa party.  Then in a following season she said that Edwin had always admired that house hanging off the cliff, so when it came for sale they bought it and moved in.  But we have barely seen anything in that house besides Teddi bidding her kids farewell and leaving.

I think the beach house was a separate beach vacation house that she had the ladies overnight to stay (remember Erika stayed at a hotel and Teddi thought it was “weird”). I think Teddi’s previous house with the nice backyard was across the street from where she lives now. I remember when she bought the new house she said Edwin always had his eye on this house and loved it and when they saw it was for sale, he jumped at it. I recently read about it from a link here and they bought it at $4.2 million, way under the listed price of $5.9 million. I have seen the inside in videos or a house tour or some things from here or the Bravo site and I find it to be a neutral/white box of bland with AstroTurf balcony.

• Love 8
On 8/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, princelina said:

...that tacky neon sign in the entryway . . . 😄 

I don't feel like we've really even seen inside of Teddi's current house.  I liked the house where she had them all over for the potluck weekend.

I feel like that sign is totally true for Teddi. Teddi wants to be a Kyle so badly... and Kyle loves her for it. Kyle gets help with diet and exercise for it, an area where she feels she needs a push of discipline and she feels Teddi is a good go-to for that. 

Aside: I watched a house tour of Kendall Jenner’s house and she had a pink neon sign just like that in her bedroom sitting area. Different saying. Looks like the same artist. It had a misspelling though! “Your” instead of “you’re”! *cringe* it was cringe for a lot of reasons (it listed penis measurements? and then reads “I’m glad your a happy girl”) Ugh 😑 Kendall named a famous mother/son decorating/design team who did her house, yet me thinks seeing the pink neon signs in both places has the bff of Kyle and Pimp Mama K/decorator MCFR allllll over it! 

of course it is! 🔽🙄

23 hours ago, Marley said:

The house on the beach is her vacation house. I saw on ig tho she has purchased a new house in Encino I think they said. It’s apparently close to Kyles.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I'm not being bitchy, or not trying to be, but what does her husbsnd do? Even successful I can't see how her business makes enough for this? Trust fund maybe?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Wicked said:

So she's trying to keep up with Kyle. She'd better hope she doesn't lose her job since she is boring as fuck.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm not being bitchy, or not trying to be, but what does her husbsnd do? Even successful I can't see how her business makes enough for this? Trust fund maybe?

I am pretty sure he installs home alarm systems.

• Love 4

I’m sure they hire movers.

I am pretty sure she still has the beach house. The new house seems much nicer.

I don’t get her husbands job. I mean I get it he does home security but can you make a lot of money doing that? I guess so. I’m sure she has a trust fund too which probably helps.

There was a fake tweet that Teddi was leaving the show and it made me happy bud it was unfortunately fake lol. She thinks way too high of herself lately thinking this fake tweet business means ppl care about her so much.

Ugh she needs to leave the show.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11

As long as Mauricio and Kyle can make money off Teddi by selling her home and being the agent to find her a new one she will remain besties with Kyle.  Once it ends so will the friendship. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Blondie said:

As long as Mauricio and Kyle can make money off Teddi by selling her home and being the agent to find her a new one she will remain besties with Kyle.  Once it ends so will the friendship. 

I’m sure the association is mutually beneficial, with both Teddi and her husband getting more business too. That said, Kyle and Teddi do seem to lurve each other.

• Love 3
On 8/19/2020 at 6:07 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I immediately thought the same thing when looking at the pix of the newest house at $6.4 million.

I mean, how'd they afford that ? His security business ? Her motivation/accountability business ? Her Bravo C- level cast member salary ?

Did "little pink houses" help with the financing ?

I don't get it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, nexxie said:

I’m sure the association is mutually beneficial, with both Teddi and her husband getting more business too. That said, Kyle and Teddi do seem to lurve each other.

I agree. Whether you like them or not, their friendship has appeared nothing but genuine imo.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree. Whether you like them or not, their friendship has appeared nothing but genuine imo.

The whole thing with Denise seemed like that there is an aspect of that friendship that relies on Teddi doing the dirty work for Kyle.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is some quid pro quo going on between them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, ParadoxLost said:

The whole thing with Denise seemed like that there is an aspect of that friendship that relies on Teddi doing the dirty work for Kyle.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is some quid pro quo going on between them. 

Do you think Teddi minds?  Remember last year when she was drunk in France crying about being the "conscience of the group" or some such nonsense?  But I think that's how she sees herself and sort of enjoys being the policeman of the group - no-nonsense, straight-talking, law-and-order accountability Teddi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, princelina said:

Do you think Teddi minds?  Remember last year when she was drunk in France crying about being the "conscience of the group" or some such nonsense?  But I think that's how she sees herself and sort of enjoys being the policeman of the group - no-nonsense, straight-talking, law-and-order accountability Teddi.

I think that's true.  She strikes me as an "ends-justify-the-means" type (Phil 101 spoiler: they do not), and will do what it takes to provide any back up necessary for what she believes is a "good" cause.  Her role in Doggygate last year made that all too clear to me. If her right fighting happens to benefit her personally, so much the better, but I don't think that's her main motivation. I think Teddi believes she's a principled person. But she doesn't yet understand that how those principles are applied are as important as the principles themselves. It's not justice if the law is unjust, if the investigation is unjust, if sentencing is unjust. 

• Love 12